Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #51
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

God mode - Jeremy's player card going into week one. He is the starting WLB on the team:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeremy 2027 Week 1.jpg (171.8 KB, 122 views)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736

StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #52
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 6, 2027

Thanks to Mr. Dupre, I can now post some PBP of the games. Still, I like typing out the action, but now I don't have to look at a stat line and try to remember exactly what happened. It’s already typed out for me.

We won our season opener over Melbourne, 24-16. We outscored the Koalas 7-0 in the second half, so chalk up the D with a big second half shutout!

Of the 16 rookies, on our roster, two got a start. I already told you I was one of them. The other was Chris Hayes, who happens to be the only fullback on the roster. He caught one pass out of the backfield for a four-yard gain. Mullin, our 2nd pick, had a TD catch.

My stats were OK for my first ever game in the big leagues! I finished with four tackles, a QB hurry, and a pass defensed.

I’ll paste the plays where I picked up a stat and tell what happened if I need to:
1-20-MEL18 (2Q: 11:16) Max Stoffel pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Omar Warren. OLB Jeremy Naquin defended the pass.

On this play, there was nothing special. Melbourne was in a Pro Formation and I had zone coverage. Stoffel tried to get the ball over me, but I jumped up and swatted it away.

2-20-MEL18 (2Q: 11:10) Max Stoffel pass completed to RB Dominic Hilliard for 0 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.

Coach decided to use me on nickel packages, mostly M2M on a RB or blitzing. On this one, Hilliard was my assignment. Stoffel dumped it off to Hilliard and I was right there with him and dropped him before he could take a step. I heard someone say, “Who the fuck is 98?” and I heard Ian Praw, our RDE shout out “Rookie of the Year.” Heh! I also gave Hilliard a quick “Geaux Tigahs!” when I helped him up.

3-2-AUC17 (2Q: 04:01) Max Stoffel pass completed to WR Omar Warren for 1 yard. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The receiver ran his route right over the middle of the field.

This play they had a single back set and I had a zone assignment over the middle. Warren cut under for a pass over the middle and I nailed him right as he was catching the ball. I was surprised he held on, but after a measurement, they were short two feet.

3-6-AUC30 (3Q: 03:26) Max Stoffel pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Omar Warren. OLB Jeremy Naquin hurried the quarterback into a bad throw.

Me and Deron were blitzing from the outside. He got picked up by the TE, but I was unblocked when Hilliard took off out of the backfield. Stoffel didn’t have time to set his feet and just sailed it out of bounds.

2-2-AUC38 (4Q: 15:00) Dominic Hilliard ran outside the right tackle for 4 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DT Sam Packard. Key block delivered by Moe Dotson.

1-10-AUC32 (4Q: 00:57) Max Stoffel pass completed to WR Tommy Garrett for 12 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.

We punted to give the ball back and a chance to try to tie the game with just under 2 minutes left. A lot of the last drive we went to dime packages, so that means I was the sole LB out there on the last drive of the game. I was scared shitless. On this one, our nickel dropped too deep, and I had to bail on my zone to cover the WR. Stoffel spotted it and zipped it in to Garrett for the completion, and I tripped him up a couple of yards later. They called a timeout after that play, but I was a bit winded and had to come out. However . . .

2-8-AUC08 (4Q: 00:05) Max Stoffel pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Perry Henderson. CB Ricardo Lucas hurried the quarterback into a bad throw. The quarterback threw into double coverage.

The play before, Stoffel had to clock it after a completion made it first and goal. When they huddled, Coach sent me back out for the final play. My heart was beating and my hands were sweating. I had to call the D out. Lucas, an old vet playing the dime, had to go on a delayed blitz. My job was to sit on the line and make sure nobody got past me on a short throw over the middle. Right when the play happened, I saw Stoffel look at their stud TE Burroughs over the middle, so I jumped the route. Lucas made his read and went, making Stoffel try to force it to his WR in the corner, but the throw sailed over and out of the end zone. Game over!

On the bad side, Jonathan Pauley, our starting MLB, hurt his elbow and will be out a few weeks. Coach Weber and Nickle may have to make some roster moves to add a guy or two to the backfield. We have four kickers on the roster right now, so most of the guys are looking at them for where we might replace a guy or two.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
Old 02-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #53
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 7, 2027

I had a chance to check out my WSAFLopolis syncapp today, curious to see who was still on a roster around the league and how the rookies did in Week One. I want to tell you all that I do not plan to post all of these every week. Of course, I am egotistical, so I would like to see how I compare to the guys drafted before me. Also, I’ll scan from time to time to see if any players drafted behind me are having some outstanding games, too. Maybe I’ll post a few of the outstanding jobs by some of my fellow rookies, but it will take too much time of writing about others and too little time writing about me! J

Without further introduction, here are some of the Week One Stats:

The only player on my rookie LB sync list who had a better stat line than me was Burt Hoang in Columbus. He had 8 tackles and a pass defensed.

The amazing thing to me was the guys picked ahead of me who sat. Kahlid Stargell, the fifth overall pick, got hurt in the first quarter of his game. C.J. Diaz in OKC and Wright, who we played against, were both healthy inactives. Turnbull with Amsterdam was injured.

2027 Drafted players – LB Picks 1-1 ~ LB Picks 3-15:
Kahlid Stargell, MLB, Oregon St., 1-5, Orlando Orbit – Injured, Turf Toe, no stats
Billy Strong, OLB, Maryland, 1-11, Austin Griffins – 2 Tkls
Daniel Murphy, MLB, Arizona St., 1-17, Montreal Storm – 1 Tkl, 1 Asst, 1 Sack
Burt Hoang, MLB, San Diego St., 1-25, Columbus Hornets – 8 Tkls, 1 PD
Leonard Cochrane, OLB, Tennessee, 1-32, Rome Blazers – 3 Tkls, 2 Assts
Edwin Rigley, OLB, Stanford, 2-2, Montreal Storm – 2 Tkls, 1 Asst
C.J. Diaz, OLB, Memphis, 2-21, Oklahoma City Twisters – Inactive, DNP
Terrell Turnbull, MLB, Duquesne, 2-25, Amsterdam Illusion – Injured, DNP
Stanley Gilmore, OLB, Notre Dame, 2-26, Rome Blazers – 3 Tkls, 1 Asst
Rob Wright, MLB, Troy, 3-6, Melbourne Koalas – Inactive, DNP

2027 Drafted players – Auckland Penguins:
Kim Antoine, QB, LIU/C.W. Post, 1-18, Auckland Penguins – Inactive, DNP
Jermaine Mullin, RB, Sacramento State, 2-17, Auckland Penguins – 3 rushes, 26 yds, 1 rec, 16 yds, TD, 2 ST Tkls
Jeremy Naquin, OLB, Northwestern (La.) St., 3-16, Auckland Penguins – 4 Tkls, 1 PD, 1 QB Hurry
Cornell Johnston, TE, Temple, 4-19, Auckland Penguins – Inactive, DNP
Allen Lake, C, Oklahoma St., 5-17, Auckland Penguins – 1 SA
Roger Southern, K, Fayetteville St., 5-18, Auckland Penguins – Inactive, DNP
Rufus McCarthy, DE, Memphis, 6-17, Auckland Penguins – Inactive, DNP
Terrell Fields, CB, Oregon St., 7-16, Auckland Penguins – Inactive, DNP

2027 Drafted Players – Louisiana Universities –minus Naquin:
Aaron Andrews, DT, Grambling, 1-6, Berlin Blitz – Unsigned
Artie Schouest, DE, LSU, 1-27, Beijing Pandas – 1 Tkl, 1 QB Hurry
Big Daddy Garrett, OT, UL-Monroe, 2-9, Rome Blazers – 1 SA
John Rodrigue, DE, LSU, 2-23, Moscow Miracles – 1 Tkl
Byron Church, DT, LSU, 2-28, Edmonton Polar Bears – 3 Tkls
Edward Diaz, CB, UL-Lafayette, 4-32, Baton Rouge Rhinos – 1 Tkl
Louie Limbert, DT, Tulane, 6-22, Rome Blazers – 3 Tkls
Alvin George, WR, UL-Monroe, 7-10, Tokyo Samurai – 4 rec, 42 yds

2027 Drafted Players – Picks 1-1~1-3:
J.T. Tatum, QB, Oregon, 1-1, Montreal Storm – 26-51, 268 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 2 rushes, 32 yds,
Junior Apocada, CB, Oregon, 1-2, Los Angeles Spiders – 2 Tkls, 1 PD
Shaun DeBoer, DE, Boston U., 1-3 Brisbane Admirals – 3 Tkls, 1 pass blked

2027 Undrafted Players – Auckland Penguins:
Curtis Givens, RB, West Virginia – 2 rushes, 5 yds, 1 catch, 9 yds
Chris Hayes, FB, Syracuse – 1 catch, 4 yards
Bryant Donofrio, WR, Arizona St. – 1 rec, 7 yds, 1 ST Tkl
Daniel McGee, WR, Miami – 1 rec, 18 yds,
Burt Hass, WR, Pittsburgh – 1 rec, 6 yds, 1 KR, 18 yds
Bert Laney, OG, Air Force – Inactive, DNP
Michael Brown, CB, Clemson – Inactive, DNP
Max Barton, FS, Houston – 1 Tkl

2027 Undrafted Players – Louisiana universities:
Broderick Uribe, WR, Tulane, Athens Myths – 4 rec, 31 yds,
Ernie Shea, TE, LSU, Beijing Pandas – 1 rec, 3 yds
Leon Myers, OLB, Grambling, Dublin Luck - cut
Warren Beale, K, Tulane, Portland Thunderbirds – 2-3 FG, 2-2 XP
R.J. Thai, DT, McNeese St., Seoul Reapers – Active, No stats
Pete Muse, OLB, UL-Monroe, Auckland Penguins - cut

2027 Undrafted Players – tried out, not signed list:
Mickey Wakefield, QB, UL-Monroe
Jessie Domangue, K, LSU
Pat Preston, DT, Northwestern (La.) St.
Donnie Lyon, DT, LSU

WSAFL Veterans – Northwestern (La.) St.: No players match this search

WSAFL Veterans – Northwestern (La.) St., unsigned:
Jeramie French, TE, unsigned
Glen Gillespie, TE, unsigned

An undrafted rookie won the Defensive Player of the Week award. Shane Boxer, a cornerback for Memphis, had three picks in his first game. Damn!

In non-rookie news, our QB, Lajun “Pete” Burks, the old fart, won WSAFL Offensive Player of the Week honors in his 3-TD effort. I guess he’s not ready to let Kim play just yet.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #54
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 9, 2027

Well, damn. We had a bit of drama in the locker room this morning, and people had to separate the brawl. It was between Kim and Pete, our QBs. Apparently it’s Kim’s fault, though, because well . . . I apologize for the language, “for being a cocky little fuck.”

Kim’s been running the scout team this week as we prepare to play ball in Vancouver this week. Today was our walk through before we fly out there in about an hour. Well, J.C. Horton, the league MVP last year is officially out for our game with a sprained foot ligament. That means one of their back ups, John Mathews or Ray Drummond will be behind center against us. Mathews is one of those typical drop-back Big Teneleventwelve boys from Michigan. He basically sits in the pocket with no chance to run ever. Drummond is the same.

While playing as the VA QB in walkthroughs, Kim kept running plays where he scrambled. Pete yelled at him to quit acting like an idiot and to help us prepare for the Action on Sunday. Kim yelled back that he was just trying to keep his legs fresh in case he has to play on Sunday. Well, Pete didn’t like it and had to be pulled away on the field.

When we got in the locker room, that’s when I heard Pete yell out about Kim’s cockiness and the two started grappling in the locker before a few guys stepped in and broke it up. Pete was really pissed and went to Coach Weber’s office after the scuffle.

Hopefully the guys all lick their wounds and get their heads straight to take it out on the Action on Sunday. I don’t want to see our guys fighting, but it happens from time to time. That's the first one since training camp and it was between our vet and rookie QBs. I know Pete’s on his way out, but Kim’s got to respect the vets. Maybe me and Chris can talk some sense in him.

Since I posted this last week and people liked it, I’ll post the helmet matchup. I won’t be available to sync until Monday night, so here’s my chance.

at

Also, we made one roster move yesterday. Michael Brown, one of our rookie CBs got released, and we signed Terry Hastings, a 2nd year LB. Pauley, our starter in the middle is banged up, so we need more bodies on the field.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: bmp ban161.bmp (87.9 KB, 50 views)

Old 02-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #55
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 12, 2027

Well, we got our butts whipped in the game. Not whipped, really. I just mean they beat us and it hurt. The final score was Vancouver 33, Auckland 25, but they were up on us 20-0 at halftime. Also, they racked up almost 400 total yards on us, so we definitely need to get better on D.

I kind of hate to post my stats after a loss like this, but I know all of you want to know. I’ll use the same format Mr. Dupre showed me a week ago. So here are the plays where I made some noise. Final stats: 4 tackles, 1 assist, and a fumble forced.

1-10-VAN20 (2Q: 14:50) Casey Lewis ran around left end for 9 yards. Tackled by DE Ian Praw, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Key block delivered by Henry Matthews.

On this play, they loaded up the left side and ran that way. Most of our guys got blocked out of the play, but Praw and I grabbed their RB and held on to pull him down.

3-1-VAN43 (2Q: 09:27) Ron VanCaeyzeele ran inside the right guard for 0 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DT George McPhail.

This was a strength-on-strength play where they were trying to convert a 3rd and short with a dive play. Our lines clashed and I rushed the gap to nail their backup bruiser.

2-5-AUC29 (2Q: 03:01) Ray Drummond scrambled for 5 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

So much for scouting out opponents! Drummond dropped back to pass, and I had to spy the TE in the flat. I saw Drummond take off almost immediately after completing his drop back, but I couldn’t get there fast enough. I “tackled” him by touching him after he slid for a first down.

2-8-VAN26 (3Q: 10:04) 7 Miles ran inside the right guard for 0 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by ILB Terry Hastings. The ball was fumbled and recovered by VAN Kenny Chiaccheri to the VAN26.

This was my big play of the game and helped lead us, at least indirectly, to our first TD of the game. Lewis was a little banged up by this time, so another backup tailback, 7 Miles was in. He tried to plunge over right guard, but Terry (he was signed this week and finished with 5 Tkls and 1 Asst) and I hit him and while we were holding on, I got a piece of the ball and pulled, and I watched it pop onto the ground. VA’s TE was right there, though, and jumped on it before any of our guys could get to it. It’s all right, though, because we held them for a 3 and out on the next play. Then Pete led the team to a TD.

1-10-AUC40 (4Q: 05:25) Frankie Miles ran inside the left tackle for 2 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Though we added a late TD to make the final score respectable, VA was just trying to run out the clock at this point. 7 Miles ran a basic power run, and I slipped through traffic to tackle him. They ended up running down a lot of clock on this drive and kicked a FG. We scored right after, but VA recovered the onsides kick and just kneeled to end the game.

Coach Nickle told us to come in for treatments tomorrow morning and then we’re going to watch film before hitting the practice field. I have a feeling he’s going to work us hard. We can do better, but I am still encouraged. We’re a young team, but we have a lot of fight in us.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #56
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 13, 2027

As expected, Coach Nickle wasn’t happy with us. After watching the tape, I can’t say I blame him. He got on me pretty hard on a few plays, too, while watching film. On one play, I was blitzing. I went right at Drummond, but the RB stepped out and knocked me on my ass. According to Coach Nickle, “How you gonna get knocked on your ass by a tail back? Them motherfuckers ain’t got but 175 pounds on them drippin fuckin wet with a cum stain. How you gonna get knocked on your ass by a cum stain?” I didn't dare tell Coach that the guy that blocked me on that play is a solid 240.

At least I wasn’t the only one. We all got slammed, especially the secondary, since Vancouver passed for a lot of yards on us with their back up and Jim Rice, a damn good wide out, caught 10 passes and 2 TDs on us.

Practice was pretty intense today, too. Coach Nickle said he wasn’t going to let us rest. He said winning on the road isn’t easy, but the best teams find ways to do it. He said he still has to toughen us up some. That son of a bitch can do it, too.

Also, I peeked at how some of the fellow rookie LBs did this week. It looks like a few guys had damn good games and some of the guys who didn’t play last week didn’t play again this week. Right now I’m tied for second behind Burt Hoang with 8 tackles. Hoang has 11. Also, I’m the only player to force a fumble. Daniel Murphy has the best game so far. He had 6 tackles, an assist, and an interception.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #57
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 14, 2027

I got called into Coach Weber’s office today, and I’m not very happy about it. Coach Weber told me I was losing too many battles inside and that he was going to pull some playing time away from me. I know, I know. I’m a rookie and I need to do what’s best for the team, but it hurts to be told (basically blamed) for a lot of what went wrong in one game.

Coach Weber seems to be under a lot of pressure, so I guess we players have to suffer some. But I don’t have to like being singled out—I was the only guy pulled into the office. Coach Nickle didn’t mention me by name in the meeting, but he didn’t look at me during it, either. I’m starting to wonder a little about this coaching staff. They have won a championship before, but the coaching staff is up in age, and the owner group may look to go elsewhere next season. In a way I hope not, but if the coaches are going to start pointing fingers at me when I’m working my ass off to help this team win, then I don’t know what to do. I don’t understand how I was one of the guys making good plays for the team, but I get a reaming when the other team runs for a 10-yard pop AWAY from me.

Call me slightly disgruntled at the moment.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #58
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 16, 2027

Coach Nickle hasn't let up at practice much this week. Still, I’m excited that we are going to my uncle’s home nation to play a game. I didn’t realize this before, but my uncle lives a four-hour drive away from Seoul. Still, he’s a big football fan, and his favorite team is the Seoul Reapers, who we play this week. Hopefully, for a day, anyway, he’ll be rooting for his nephew.

About Seoul . . . ouch! This team is good! They have been EHFC champions for the last three years, winning one of the Power Bowls over Baton Rouge. In the 20’s, they have had only one losing record, and that year they were only 7-8-1.

Their QB is a good one, and a recent Power Bowl MVP, Norbert Torrence. Unlike our speculation against Vancouver, we know Torrence doesn’t run much. He passes for a lot of yards every year, and he likes to spread things around, too. Bad news for my playing time, I suppose. Torrence’s favorite WR is David Forsberg, who averages over 100 catches a year. Our DBs are going to have to double him a lot in the game, but Torrence will spread the ball around. When they run the ball, they like the 1-2 punch of Corey Kernbach and Eric Wiggins.

On the bright side, Seoul was in bigger cap hell than we were, so they lost a lot of good veterans. Also, they’re first-round pick, Kirk Crawford (OG out of Minnesota) is still holding out. He was supposed to be a day one starter for the OG they lost in free agency, and instead the Reapers are a bit weak along the OL.

I think we have a good shot to shut down their offense. If we can win the turnover battle, I can see us coming away with a victory and a 2-1 record going into the off week.

at

By the way, we made another roster move I forgot to mention. Another of our original undrafted rookies is gone to make room for more bodies. Burt Laney, the military boy, doesn’t have an excuse not to serve now. He was cut for CB Wes Buckley, a pretty good veteran who will probably jump in as a starter right away.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 45 views)
File Type: bmp ban145.bmp (87.9 KB, 45 views)

Old 03-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #59
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 20, 2027

I just got home from Seoul about 30 minutes ago. Now we have a bye week to try to heal up and improve our team for the 13-week stretch. We lost, by the way, 34-17.

I am a bit pissed today, and again it’s because of playing time. I have a feeling that once Pauley’s back from injury (should be after the bye week unless he has a setback) I’m going to be riding the bench or inactive.

Coach Nickle must have seen my frustration during the game. On the plane ride back to Auckland, he tried to give me a pep talk. He said, “You just need to be patient. You’re going to be a good linebacker one day, but right now there are guys better than you. Keep working and keep improving and one day you’re going to set this league on fire.”

I noticed he said “this league” and not “this team.” Maybe a mistake on his part, but it already sounds that I have to find another team before I’m going to get my shot in the WSAFL. What pisses me off is that they are taking time away from me, but nobody is getting it done on defense. We gave up over 450 yards this week, and Norbert Torrence just ripped right through us. I didn’t even play the first half of the game, except for on special teams kickoffs.

Let me repeat that: I DIDN’T PLAY THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF. You want to now what the first half score was? Seoul 24, Us 10.

I played in the second half. I made a few plays for us. Second half score? Them 10, Us 7. At least we gave up TWO fewer TDs in the second half.

I know I need to be patient, but it’s tough. I always called myself a team player because I was always on the field. I was the one encouraging guys because I was the one getting things done and they needed to step it up. Now I’m the one who needs people to pat me on the helmet and tell me it’s going to be OK. Hopefully I will be, but for right now I’m pissed off and discouraged.

Here are my plays. Notice every stat I accrued happened in the 4th quarter. I guess I finally got some playing time when other backers on the team were gassed.

2-12-SEO32 (4Q: 06:40) Corey Kernbach ran a trap outside the left tackle for 1 yard. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

I was the only LB on the field on the play. We had a dime package, expecting them to throw on 2nd and long, but they ran a delay on a trap. I broke through the blocking fullback and planted Kernbach on his ass.

1-10-SEO15 (4Q: 03:30) Corey Kernbach ran inside the right guard for 2 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by ILB Deron Svrcek.
This was garbage time since Seoul had already clinched the victory. This play was a straight up run up the gut, and I broke in and got hold of Kernbach. Deron came in and helped clean up the tackle.

2-9-SEO36 (4Q: 01:12) Corey Kernbach ran inside the right guard for 1 yard. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

I was called to blitz, even though that made no sense. There was no way they were passing on the play. Anyway, Kernbach ran straight at me and I hit him in the backfield. He dragged his way for about 2 or 3 more yards before he dropped.

That’s it. I finished the game with 3 tackles in only about 20 total plays on the field. I’ll see if I get anymore playing time later in the season. I definitely feel rested right now compared to how I felt during the preseason.

Just looking at a quick glance on elbeesports.sync. We are 29th in the league in rushing defense and 28th in passing defense, making us 31st in total defense. We’re also tied for 30th in scoring defense at 27.7 points per game. Yikes! We only have ONE sack on the season, keeping us at dead last in the league. We’re also last in the league in redzone TDs allowed and 29th in 3rd down conversion rates. We can’t blame the offense at all for our woes. Our opponents are thrashing our D.

I’ll try to be positive, but I won’t be until we start winning games. I will feel a lot better about sitting the bench if we win. That’s all I want.

Coach didn’t give us any days off this week, despite the bye. I’m sure we’ll have some intense practices again this week. I’m going to take some time off from this blog during the bye week. I’ll write about our game preview some time next week. We’re heading to Paris for our next game.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #60
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
September 30, 2027

First of all, Happy Birthday, Mom! And a belated Happy Birthday to Uncle Lee!

Also, congrats to my former teammate Jeramie French for getting picked up by Austin.

Tomorrow we fly to Paris to play the Wolves, who are 2-1 right now. Sorry, but I don’t have time to write a preview this week. I guess I should have done it on our day off on Monday, but instead I went hang out at a theme park. I actually hung out with my offseason trainer, Trapper Pine. She’s looking great these days!

at
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: bmp ban115.bmp (87.9 KB, 40 views)

Old 03-08-2011, 05:41 AM   #61
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 4, 2027

Damn it if we didn’t blow it this game. The final score was Paris 23, Us 14. We were up 14-6 at halftime, but they outscored us 17-0 in the second half.

Again, I wasn’t on the field as much as I would like, but I made it count when I was out there. Also, I got the start due to Paris trying to run the ball on us to start the game. However, I was definitely on the field less than half the time, and very rarely on obvious passing downs. I don’t know why I am getting pulled so much on third downs because I thought I was doing OK covering on passes.

Anyway, here is a log of my plays:

2-6-PAR34 (1Q: 09:29) Shane Slater pass completed to WR Jack Cox for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Cox gained 1 yard after the catch. The ball was fumbled and recovered by PAR Kyle Coffey on the PAR40.

This was actually the first play of the game where I was on the field. Paris was in a run formation with a 2-TE, single back set. Instead, the Wolves’ QB Slater went back to pass. I was covering zone on the defensive left side. When Slater went back to pass, I dropped back about three steps. He zipped it in on a slant, but I jarred the ball from the WR Cox when he tried to go down field. I tried to grab the ball, but one of the Paris players jumped on it before I could grab it.

2-9-AUC42 (2Q: 15:00) Shane Slater pass completed to RB Kyle Coffey for 8 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Coffey gained 2 yards after the catch.

Again, Paris was in a single back set. I was in on packages of multi-TE or multi-back sets, which Paris barely uses. On this one, again we were looking run, but Slater called an audible. Coffey is a fast SOB, so Slater dumped it off to him out of the backfield near the sideline. I raced over and was able to pull him down before he got any steam.

1-10-PAR34 (2Q: 04:48) Kyle Coffey ran around the left tackle for 8 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Key block delivered by Danny Sinclair.

We were looking run, and Paris obliged. However, Pauley got blown up by the full back. When I saw the pitch to Coffey going left (away from me), I ran as hard as I could. I had to hurdle Pauley, but I got a clean hit on Coffey and took him down.

1-10-AUC47 (2Q: 03:51) Shane Slater pass completed to FB Norbert Franklin for 7 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Another one of those Norberts. Who names their kid that?!? On this one, Paris had a two-TE set with both guys on the right. The running backs were in an I. On the call, there were Wolves running everywhere, but Norbert was my assignment in man. Unfortunately, I was a little caught up in traffic and got checked by one of the TEs. It meant that Norbert beat me to the outside and got a catch for seven yards.

2-2-AUC30 (4Q: 08:55) Kyle Coffey ran outside the right tackle for 2 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by CB A.J. Morton. Key block delivered by Nolan Grabert.

I didn’t play much in the middle of the game once we went up. Slater likes to pass a lot, so I sat through most of the 3rd quarter. I can live with that. Anyway, we were in straight up man here in case of a pass. Coffey got the ball for a sweep coming my way. Pauley tried to bust in, but he got pancaked by one of the Paris OL. I came in behind him, though and took down Coffey for 2. Unfortunately, though, he got enough for a first after they measured the ball.

1-7-AUC07 (4Q: 07:33) Shane Slater pass completed to FB Norbert Franklin for 4 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Franklin gained 5 yards after the catch.

This was our goal line stand. On first and goal, Slater dumped it off to Norbert in the backfield. I was in zone, standing in the end zone when I saw the FB get the ball. I had to battle to get to him, but I made the tackle, preventing the TD. Paris ended up having to kick a field goal on the drive.

That’s it for my stats. I had a decent game stat-wise with 6 tackles and a forced fumble. Also, our D played a lot better in this game! I know it was a loss, but it’s pretty tough to travel half way around the world and win in this league. It looks like we might be an inconsistent team on the road. But we are back home next week, and I look for good things to happen there.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #62
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 5, 2027

I said to myself that I wouldn’t post about other players until we started winning, but I just thought, hey, why not? We’re at the quarter point of the season. My Penguins are 1-3, but I think we have some fight in us, and we still have a good chance of taking our division.

Here are the stats (posted graphic):
2027 Drafted players – LB Picks 1-1 ~ LB Picks 3-16:
Kahlid Stargell, MLB, Oregon St., 1-5, Orlando Orbit – Injured, Turf Toe, no stats
Billy Strong, OLB, Maryland, 1-11, Austin Griffins – 16 Tkls, 4 Assts, 2 PD
Daniel Murphy, MLB, Arizona St., 1-17, Montreal Storm – 13 Tkls, 4 Assts, 2 Sks, 1 PD, 1 INT, 1 FF
Burt Hoang, MLB, San Diego St., 1-25, Columbus Hornets – 25 Tkls, 4 Assts, 2 Sks, 3 PD, 1 FF
Leonard Cochrane, OLB, Tennessee, 1-32, Rome Blazers – 16 Tkls, 8 Assts, 1 Sk, 1 PD
Edwin Rigley, OLB, Stanford, 2-2, Montreal Storm – 6 Tkls, 2 Assts
C.J. Diaz, OLB, Memphis, 2-21, Oklahoma City Twisters – Inactive, No stats
Terrell Turnbull, MLB, Duquesne, 2-25, Amsterdam Illusion – 4 Tkls, 2 Assts, 1 Sk
Stanley Gilmore, OLB, Notre Dame, 2-26, Rome Blazers – 10 Tkls, 2 Assts
Rob Wright, MLB, Troy, 3-6, Melbourne Koalas – Inactive, No stats
Jeremy Naquin, OLB, Northwestern (La.) St., 3-16, Auckland Penguins – 17 Tkls, 1 Asst, 1 PD, 2 FF

Leaders in categories where I have a stat!

Tackles:
Burt Hoang – 25
Me – 17 (I’m second among us)

Assists:
Jared Cochrane – 8
Me – 1

Fumbles Forced:
Me – 2 (I’m actually tied for third in the entire league and lead all rookies in this category. Now I just need to start turning those fumbles forced into actual turnovers to give our team a chance!)

Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #63
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 9, 2027

Thankfully I have a Saturday where I get to sit at home and enjoy the day! I know my home folks are still on Friday, but your weekend will be here soon! It’s too bad our game and LSU’s game conflicts this week because I have a feeling most of you are going to be paying more attention to L’il Josh rather than me! And I guess most of you are at Travis’ game right now.

Anyway, I am pumped about this week because I’m pretty sure we can grab a victory if we keep our heads in the game. Coach Weber told me he was going to try to work me in a little more this week as a reward for my solid play when I was on the field last week. Before I forget, the helmets!

vs

That’s right! We have a home game against the Brisbane Admirals, another of our division rivals. Last year Brisbane was terrible, but a lot of people thought they were going to take the division this season. (August 31, 2027, journal) Instead, Brisbane remains as terrible, if not worse than they were last season.

I mentioned earlier in my journal that Shaun DeBoer was drafted by Brisbane. As the third overall pick, there were huge expectations for him to come in and make a difference right away. Let me consult WSAFLopolis for how he’s done. And . . . not bad, but certainly not good! He has 9 tackles, 3 assists, 4 QB hurries, and a fumble forced. And Mr. Division B Sack Master has ZERO sacks so far this season. I hope it stays that way after Sunday!

As far as the team is concerned, Brisbane is the bottom in a lot of categories. Let’s see…
On offense, they are dead last in rushing a 63.8 yards per game. They make up for that by throwing the ball a lot. Their QB Jessie Armstrong has thrown for 719 yards in three games. They also have a former first-round pick QB, Fitzhugh, riding the bench. Overall, they are 9th in passing offense and 18th in total offense.

Their defense is terrible, definitely statistically worse than us. They are 24th against the run, 32nd against the pass (over 350 yards per game!), and 32 overall in yards allowed and points allowed. If Pete and the boys on offense don’t get it done this week, I don’t know who else they can score on.

The crazy thing is that Brisbane has a solid line. Their best player is their LT Dylan Pettit. He’s been WSAFL 1st and 2nd team before at LT. I actually went to school with his cousin, Blake, who plays baseball for the Demons. Blake and I were classmates in the physiology department, so I remember him talking a lot about his cousin. I forgot he played for Brisbane, though.

This week we cut DE Mo Jamison and signed OG Preston Bramsnaes. Bramsnaes is a veteran in the league, and he’ll definitely help shore up our line.

Overall, though, I think we're going to overpower the Admirals. And I am shooting for my first big play (as in forcing a turnover) of the season! Book it!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: bmp ban28.bmp (87.9 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by StLee : 03-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #64
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 11, 2027

You know how I said I would cause a turnover this game? Well, I lied, but not from not trying. The fact is, we manhandled the Brisbane offense and knocked two of their QBs out where the former first-rounder had to play. As we thought, he sucks, too! Final score: Auckland 34, Brisbane 10.

Here were my plays:

2-8-BRI29 (2Q: 11:35) Ernest Lightner ran inside the right tackle for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by OLB Victor Shawver.

I was lined up on the right side of the D here in a basic pro set. Lightner got the ball and ran up the butt of the RG, but me, along with Vic got in on the tackle.

1-10-BRI20 (2Q: 06:26) Larry Bauders ran around left end for 7 yards. Tackled by DT Duane Freeman, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Bauders didn’t get many carries in the game, but he made them count when he did. On this play, Brisbane ran a sweep and Duane Freeman and I both had to battle through a huge pile to take Bauders down.

2-19-BRI42 (3Q: 12:12) Dave Terry pass completed to WR Rex Alcott for 9 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DT Adrian Howard. Alcott gained 1 yard after the catch.

I was in zone coverage and dropped back. Their backup QB Terry threw a short in to the WR and I ran up to hit him. While I was holding him up, one our big men, Adrian Howard nailed the WR. Unfortunately for me, both guys fell on top of me and I had the wind knocked out of me. I had to sit out the next series.

1-10-AUC37 (4Q: 12:24) Larry Bauders ran around left end for 13 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Finally I got back in the game and immediately I had to prevent a TD. Pettit (the Louisiana boy) blew up Vic as he was trying to bully his way towards Bauders. I saw the play was going away from me, so I ran as fast as I could, but Bauders still beat me to the corner. I dove and caught hold of his foot, tripping him up about another five yards downfield. On the field, I thought I would have some help if he got past me, but when we watched film today I saw that there was no one else there. Had I not made that desperate grasp, Brisbane would’ve had six on that play. As it stood, they scored on the drive anyway for their first TD, but I was proud it didn’t happen on my watch.

1-10-AUC36 (4Q: 06:10) Barry Fitzhugh sacked by DE Jesse Flowers and OLB Jeremy Naquin for a loss of 7 yards.

This was late in the game, and Brisbane was down to their emergency QB Fitzhugh. It was pass all the way at this point since we were up by more than 20 points. I was able to sub in on a few plays, and this was one of them. I was the only LB on the field here, and coach audibled in a blitz to me. I was a little hesitant, and that probably helped, because as soon as the OL was occupied with our DL, I shot in and got the first hit on the QB. Then Flowers got in and cleaned him up, so I only got credit for a half sack. I don’t care. Mr. Fitzhugh, congratulations. You’re the first QB I sacked in the W-S-A-F-L!

Our defensive game ball went to Bright Light! Mr. Barton had an INT and forced a fumble on the final play. Great job, MB! We’re 2-4 now, and I’m hoping we can make a strong surge during our home stand.

The bad news is we lost Praw and Pauley, maybe for a while. I know nothing is official yet, but Praw had a pretty bad shoulder separation and Pauley busted up his knee. Pauley’s been banged up all year, so I’m hoping we can get him back healthy soon. We need both of those guys. They are the heart and soul of our defense along with A.J. Morton.

The other bad news (well, not really, just that it sucks) is that DeBoer also got his first half sack of his career against us. At least I know I still have a chance to beat him in career sacks! Hah!

Next week we go on the road to Melbourne, but then we have 6 out of 7 at home.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #65
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 12, 2027

I had a bit of a shock at practice today when I showed up for practice. Corey Springer, my backup, cleared out his locker before I got to the locker room. That could only mean one thing: he got cut. There was no replacement at practice, but Ian Praw told me he was pretty sure it was Justin Peelle, a DE who was a high pick a couple of years ago. I don’t know why he didn’t stick with the place he signed, but based on how many teams get themselves in cap hell in this league, I would guess he was another victim of dollars being short in the front office.

I’m sorry Corey was cut. He hasn’t seen much of the field in his career, but he’s a damn good ST coverage guy, a lot better than I am. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #66
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 15, 2027

We’re flying out today, so let me give a brief preview about out next opponent, the Melbourne Koalas (4-2). They have certainly turned it on since we last met. They beat Edmonton, lost at Moscow, beat Dublin, beat Madrid, and then beat Paris. Wow, they almost swept the Europe West division. We represent only their second division game, and we took them in the first one. However, we need to beat them two times to get into the thick of the division race. It’s going to be tough without Ian Praw and Jonathan Pauley this week, but I think we can do it. So the match up…

at

The Melbourne offense hasn’t been great, but their D has been lighting up teams for the most part. I looked at their points allowed (which is 4th in the league overall). Just two teams, us and Moscow, who both beat the Koalas, scored more than 20 points on them. They have scored more than 20 points only once and rank 29th in points per game. So the key is obviously to score 20 or more points on them. Let’s hope Pete and the boys on O can do that. For D, we need to keep their pass attach mediocre.

Max Stoffel has been mediocre all year. He has just 1128 yards passing in six games with 6 TDs and 5 INTs. Dominic Hilliard has been having a good year getting yards, though. He has 400 yards rushing, but he doesn’t have a rushing TD. In fact, Melbourne only has one rushing TD all season. Hmmm… I hope we can keep it that way. If we hold Stoffel to one passing TD and don’t give up a rushing TD, I can almost guarantee we win this game.

On defense, everything seems to ride on their FS Gus Hampton. He has been a 1st team All-WSAFL FS twice and second team once. This year he already has three interceptions and almost 40 tackles. He’s one of those guys who seems to be everywhere on the field.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: bmp ban73.bmp (87.9 KB, 35 views)

Old 03-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #67
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 18, 2027

We finally got our first road win of the season, and it’s going to be really helpful since 6 of our next 7 games are home games. We’re now even at 3-3 on the season, and we got the season sweep over Melbourne, so we beat them in all tiebreakers should the division or playoffs come down to the two of us. The game was close, but we came out on top, 24-20.

I finished with 4 tackles, an assist, and a pass defensed. I still have yet to cause a turnover, but I just need to be patient. Good things will come . . . soon! Here are my plays:

1-10-MEL48 (1Q: 07:56) Dominic Hilliard ran outside the right tackle for 5 yards. Tackled by S Terrell Bottoms, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Key block delivered by Freddie Faherty.

I was actually assigned to blitz on this play, which I did. Hilliard got the ball coming to my side, and cut it in when he saw me, I couldn’t get to him, but Bottoms was there to hold him up and I came in to help finish the play. Nice call and run by MK there.

1-10-MEL16 (2Q: 10:25) Max Stoffel pass completed to TE Norm Burroughs for 11 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by OLB Eric Grabowski. Burroughs gained 9 yards after the catch.

I dropped into a zone coverage, and Stoffel dumped it to the TE. He’s a big and lumbering man, so I hit him and held on for dear life, about 7 yards downfield. He was dragging me, but Big Eric helped finish off the play.

1-10-AUC39 (2Q: 07:52) Max Stoffel pass completed to WR Perry Henderson for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The receiver ran his route right over the middle of the field.

Again Stoffel dumped it off. This time I was there waiting for the WR and hit him and took him down right away.

3-17-AUC36 (2Q: 05:28) Max Stoffel pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Tommy Garrett. OLB Jeremy Naquin defended the pass.

We had MK in a 3rd and long, so we dropped deep in coverage. Stoffel tried to get it under and hope the WR could catch and run, but I was sitting right there and swatted it away. There was no chance I could intercept the ball, I could only get a few fingers on it.

1-4-AUC04 (4Q: 14:41) Max Stoffel pass completed to TE Danny Sellers for 3 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Here’s another of those TD saving plays I made. Stoffel went into play action and the TE Sellers was fading into the flat. I saw him make the break because he didn’t attempt to block me. Stoffel threw a good pass, but I rode the TE out of bounds at the one. However, the next play Stoffel called the QB sneak and got the TD to give MK the lead in the 4th, 20-17. That was their second rushing TD of the game on us. I was sure we could keep them out of the endzone for most of the game, but we did gave up two rushing TDs. Still, our offense was good enough to win it.

1-10-MEL01 (4Q: 06:13) Dominic Hilliard ran inside the left guard for 0 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by OLB Eric Grabowski. DT Sam Packard knocked down Leroy Hass to break up the play.

We were up 24-20 at this point and trying to hang on to the lead. We had just punted and Bright Light, being the great rookie addition he’s been, downed the ball on the ONE! On the first play, MK tried to run the ball just left of the center on my side. I was playing in tight, with Big Eric manning the middle. You’re probably wondering why Big Eric was playing MLB, but Pauley’s out and Svercek got banged up, so we didn’t have a MLB. As you can see in the PbP, Sam Packard, the big man up front just blew up their OG Hass on the snap. I went right in behind him and popped Hilliard in the mouth. Eric was in to help clean it up.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #68
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 23, 2027

This week we take on the London Legends, one of two teams we play this season with a Knights logo. In my opinion, London’s color scheme and logo looks better than the Toronto Knights’ helmet.

Speaking of helmets, there’s been some buzz that there may be a franchise moving, along with some other changes. Supposedly there was a league pact it made with the 32 cities. There is some interest for old NFL cities to get back into the WSAFL league, but there is nothing for sure yet. I know three cities once hosted NFL games, long before I was born: Los Angeles, Memphis, and Milwaukee. It’s too bad the old NFL folded. After there was some kind of problem (can’t remember what it was) in about 2010, the whole league folded. The WSAFL was still like a minor league then, but thanks to the NFL blowing up, now the WSAFL is the premier professional football league.

I always wondered why no players from that league came to play in this league, but I heard it was because the owners held onto their contracts and blocked it. I guess it was good for some of the old stars in the WSAFL. If the NFL players were allowed to play in this league, then the NFL players might have knocked some solid players out. Instead, there were some small leagues around the world formed, and some of the players went there to finish their playing days.

Back to our game, we play the Legends (4-2). The great thing about them for our defense is that they are dead last in rushing at 68 yards per game. Their passing game is a bit better, ranking 8th in the league. Overall, their offense is 16th. Their defense is kind of the opposite. They’re good against the run, but they stink against the pass. They’re 4th in rushing defense and 25th in passing defense, good enough for 16th overall. So they’re a middle of the road team.

Their QB is a former first overall draft pick out of Iowa State, Conrad Lieberman. Dude, people started naming their kids some ridiculous names at some point. Conrad? That sounds like a military general or some shit. Well, Gen. Conrad hasn't lived up to his number one status. And he’s out for our game… hyperextended elbow. Apparently he got hurt last week in their loss and couldn’t finish the game. We knew that and prepared for their starter this week, a second-year guy, Travis Givens. He wasn’t too hot in the game last week: 43% completions and 2 INTs. This week might be fun!!!

Their leading running back is another first-round pick who has been pretty terrible, Lenny Kryzanowski (did I spell that right???). He has 260 yards rushing this season and has only rushed for 1000 yards twice in his career. The first time was six years ago in his rookie year, and he did it again last year.

Their TEs don’t do much as far as catching is concerned. They have 18 catches total as a unit. Their WRs drop a lot of balls. Like I said, this week might be fun!

On defense, their leader is second-year man Wade Toomer at the Sam. He’s the player I wish I could be and will probably make a few WSAFL All-Pro teams. This season he has 38 tackles and 3 INTs so far. He’s a guy who will be in the backfield terrorizing running backs and QBs and drop in coverage to break up a pass or pick one. Pete had better be careful how he handles Mr. Toomer.

The game is tomorrow. Are you ready? I am!!!

vs
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: bmp ban84.bmp (87.9 KB, 32 views)

Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #69
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 25, 2027

That was a close one, but we pulled it out! But when I said Wade Toomer was good, I didn’t know that he was mofoing SuperSpiderBatMan. It was a joy to watch him play, but he almost singlehandedly took down our team.

The final score was 26-20 in OT. We got the win on Antonio Babka’s punt return with 9 minutes left. I was pumped because I had just got a big stop to force London to punt. I really thought London was going to steal that game from us because they just shut down our offense in the second half. We were up 17-3 at halftime and kept the lead until about 3 minutes left when they scored a TD. But, Antonio! What a job!

We also turned the ball over three times to none for them, so I would definitely call our win a lucky one. In fact, their tying TD was set up by an interception by Mr. Toomer (Can I just call him Super T? I think I will). Super T’s stats were what I could only dream of having in a game: 5 tackles, 3 assists, 2 sacks, an interception, a pass defensed, and a forced fumble early in the game on one of his sacks. Unbelievable!

I almost feel bad showing my stats next to Super T’s. Anyway, here they are: 2 tackles, 2 assists, and 2 passes defensed. Not great, but not terrible either.

3-5-LON33 (1Q: 02:57) Travis Givens pass completed to WR Jose Heiden for 8 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by CB A.J. Morton. Heiden gained 6 yards after the catch.

It was a 3rd down, and I was assigned to cover the RB, but he stayed in to block, so I drifted out towards the middle. They had trips on the other side. The outside guy ran an in. I saw the throw and tackled him a few yards after he got the ball. A.J. was there to slow him down enough for me to catch up.

3-2-AUC02 (2Q: 12:41) Travis Givens pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Brandon Jurkiewicz. OLB Jeremy Naquin defended the pass. PENALTY: London was called for Offensive Holding. The penalty was declined.

Same drive. They ended up driving the ball all the way downfield on that possession, but we held them to a FG thanks to my play. We were in a goal line package, and I was to just sit in a cloud outside the tackle. Givens tried to fire one behind me, but I put my big paw up and the ball flew out of bounds. They tied it at 3 on the next play.

1-10-LON34 (3Q: 14:28) Leonard Krzyzanowski ran inside the left guard for 3 yards. Tackled by ILB Deron Svrcek, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

LL didn’t run on us much the whole day. They only had one run for over 10 yards on us, and I wasn’t even in on that play. On this one, Deron and I just collapsed on the run and swallowed up Kryz.

1-10-LON20 (4Q: 13:37) Travis Givens pass completed to WR Darrin Jordi for 3 yards. Tackled by ILB Deron Svrcek, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The ball was fumbled and recovered by LON Neil Farmer on the LON23.

Why does it seem most of my stats come on completed passes? LK’s QB threw a short pass. Deron and I both grabbed on to the WR, Deron up top and me at the bottom. Deron swatted and popped the ball out, but London was able to jump on it.

1-10-LON33 (4Q: 05:55) Travis Givens pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Jose Heiden. OLB Jeremy Naquin defended the pass.

We had just kicked a FG to go up 20-13 and we ended up holding them on this drive (before the big INT on our next offensive play). Here I was in a zone in the flat. The WR ran past me, and I saw the ball floated. I ran back and jumped up, the ball connecting with both of my hands, and . . . nothing. I squeezed but the ball wasn’t there anymore. I saw it floating towards the ground. I tried to dive, but my body felt like it was stuck in concrete. Incomplete pass, and I blew it for my first INT of the season. Dammit.

3-5-LON33 (OT: 09:58) Travis Givens pass completed to TE Donny Blanchard for 2 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DT Joey Garcia. Blanchard gained 2 yards after the catch.

This was during London’s one and only possession in OT. And I got a few pats on the back, especially after Antonio ran the next play back for the win. On this play, LL was in a 2-TE set. Donny was my man. A.J. was blitzing, so Terrell Bottoms our FS had to cover their top WR 1-on-1, which surprised the QB, I guess, since he didn't even try to go up top. Instead he shot putted the ball to the TE in front of me, right at the line. I grabbed on to the guy, and Joey Garcia helped me drag him down. Punt time . . . ! I’ll just post the next play.

4-3-LON35 (OT: 09:22) Cris Spar punted 31 yards. Antonio Babka returned the kick 66 yards for a TOUCHDOWN! Auckland 26, London 20

Game over!

Old 03-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #70
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
October 29, 2027

Just one more note about Super T (Wade Toomer). He was named WSAFL Defensive Player of the Week. No doubt he deserved it!

It’s the weekend that used to be Halloween weekend, before the sweets ban came along and ruined that holiday for every kid! Still, people like to dress up and party like it’s 2019!

This week we take on a team with one of my favorite helmets from when I was a kid, the Dublin Luck. They have been struggling a lot this year, standing at 1-6 on the season. They actually got their first win of the season last week against Brisbane, so they helped us out. Now we have to make sure we beat them and drive our winning streak to four games.

For us, we got some good news this week, too. Pauley and Ian Praw plan to be on the field for us this week. We can use the extra help! And for them, their starting QB, Mathew Myer, is out for the game. Instead they'll play Teddy Theiss at QB.

vs
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: bmp ban41.bmp (87.9 KB, 30 views)

Old 03-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #71
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 1, 2027

It’s the second quarter. Dublin QB Theiss is going back for a pass. I’m in a zone coverage playing underneath the safeties. Dublin’s QB cocks back and I start running up on the WR on the curl. I cut underneath the pass and pull it into my body with nobody in front of me. TOUCHDOWN!!!! I got a mofoing TOUCHDOWN!!!!! I finally got my first forced turnover, and I added my first six points as a pro, too!

The final score was 30-27, as we won it in OT yet again, but my play put us up 21-14 at the half. Bernie Wyden hit two clutch field goals in the fourth and then the game-winner in OT.

My final stats outside the INT weren’t great, but here are the other plays I was in on besides my 27-yard INT return.

1-10-DUB27 (2Q: 02:02) Larry Kinney ran inside the left tackle for -1 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. PENALTY: Dublin was called for Illegal Use of the Hands.

I made a great play here. However, a Dublin penalty erased my tackle behind the line of scrimmage.

3-5-DUB36 (3Q: 13:23) Teddy Thiess pass completed to RB Scottie Steude for 8 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DE Ian Praw. Steude gained 7 yards after the catch.

The RB Steude was my assignment, but I was a little slow out of the block, allowing him to catch the ball in stride. Praw was in the flat in a zone blitz on the play, and he helped me take down the RB.

3-5-AUC39 (3Q: 09:53) Teddy Thiesss pass completed to WR Nate Lindsay for 9 yards. Tackled by S Vince Rose, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Lindsay gained 6 yards after the catch. The quarterback threw into double coverage.

I was below and Rose up top on the WR, but Thiess zipped it between both of us for the completion.

1-5-AUC05 (3Q: 06:28) Rex Riley ran inside the left tackle for 3 yards. Tackled by DT Duane Freeman, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Dub had 1st and goal on us in what was about to become a 21-21 game. They ran it right up the middle, and Duane and I both just hit him. Riley is a tough load, though, at about 225 pounds, so he got a few yards on first down. The next play, their vet RB scampered around the strong side for the TD.

1-10-DUB23 (OT: 12:01) Teddy Thiess pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Amos Caruthers. OLB Jeremy Naquin hurried the quarterback into a bad throw.

On this play, I was playing zone coverage, but my zone was bare. Thiess couldn’t find anyone to throw it to, so I saw him leave the pocket, and I sprinted right at him. He then tried to force it for a WR, but no one could get to it. On the next play, A.J. picked off his second pass of the game and then we drove down for the game-winning FG.

Officially, I finished with one tackle, two assists, a QB hurry, and the pick six. Also, I was interviewed after the game for the first time this season. I was wondering if that would ever happen! If I find the story, I’ll link to it. Or if any of you can find it, let me know!

We also got some bad news. Eric Grabowski at the Sam broke his leg and will be put on IR. I guess that means we’ll make another roster move some time this week. No word yet, though.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:01 AM   #72
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 2, 2027

I found the link to my quote in a story at nzherald.sync. I’ll link it to my sync site:

Penguins win 4th straight in OT win
By Timothy Garden
Auckland – On the grisly gridiron, the homeboys of Auckland won another tight match against a ragged group of Irishmen named the Dublin Luck. The final was Dublin 27, Auckland 30 in a rare over time game.

The Penguins (5-3) have now won four straight matches and have gained ground in the WSAFL playoff race. Coach Daryl Weber was pleased with the victory.

“I’m getting too old for these overtime games, but I’ll take a win however it comes. Let’s hope we win a few more just like this one.”

Dublin (1-7) has had horrid fortune through the early part of the season. Their lone win came against the Brisbane Admirals who are also sitting at 1-7 on the season.

Quarterback Lajun Burks was named player of the game. He earned the PotG award through some brilliant passing and . . .

Ouch. I just want to see my quote. Go to nzherald.sync if you want to read about all of the game. Let’s see. Yada yada yada. There.

Rookie linebacker Jeremy Naquin gave Auckland a seven point lead in his fervour to score. He intercepted a short pass from Theiss and ran the ball 27 yards for the six pointer.

“It felt great to finally cause real havoc on the field,” Naquin was quoted as saying. “I promised people I would force a turnover like three games ago, but it didn’t happen. I was patient and got my chance. Then the end zone was just there in front of me, looking as pretty as a girl in a Sunday dress.”

Old 03-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #73
StLee
High School Varsity

It’s a road week, so we are leaving early. This week we will be in Europe (Madrid, Spain), so we have a long flight in front of us. The Bulls are 5-3 on the season, which is good enough to put them in first place in the Europe West Division.

On offense, they rely a lot on their RB, one of those good SEC running backs. He leads the team with 537 yards rushing, 41 catches, and 6 TDs. He has 390 yards receiving, so he’s a good all-around back and he’ll keep us active. I’m hoping I get to plant his ass on the ground a few times.

Broderick Sutter is their veteran QB. This year he has been having a career year of what we’re hearing. He has 16 TDs in only 8 games. Yikes! The Bulls are 7th in total offense and 4th in passing in the WSAFL, so our D definitely has its work cut out for it. I’m looking forward to the challenge!

We made one roster move this week. Our SLB Grabowski went on IR and another of Big K’s guys just got signed, a WLB vet, Dwayne Butler. So I’m not the only Will on the roster anymore.

Go Penguins!

at
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: bmp ban92.bmp (87.9 KB, 24 views)

Old 03-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #74
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 9, 2027

Sorry for being a day later than I usually am, but I had a few things to take care of yesterday. We lost in Madrid, 27-10. The bad part was that we were up 10-3 at one point, but Madrid scored the last 24 points of the game. Our only TD was an interception return by Wes Buckley on his first INT with us this year.

I’ve been a little busy this week, so I apologize for rushing through this. I actually need to leave again soon. We play a division game at home this coming week, but I’ll preview that game when I get a chance.

My stats weren’t outstanding. I had 5 tackles and 2 assists. Here are the plays, but I just don’t have time to comment on them.

3-2-AUC24 (1Q: 09:29) Hui Soo Pak ran inside the right guard for 1 yard. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

3-1-MAD25 (1Q: 04:38) Broderick Sutter pass completed to RB Edward Debaere for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-AUC22 (1Q: 00:52) Broderick Sutter pass completed to WR Brandon Fisher for 8 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-MAD29 (2Q: 08:21) Broderick Sutter pass completed to FB Quinn Burns for 6 yards. Tackled by S Vince Rose, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Burns gained 2 yards after the catch.

1-10-MAD41 (2Q: 07:06) Edward Debaere ran inside the right tackle for 2 yards. Tackled by DT Duane Freeman, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-MAD06 (2Q: 01:00) Broderick Sutter pass completed to FB Quinn Burns for 5 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-AUC28 (4Q: 03:48) Edward Debaere ran inside the right tackle for 4 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:26 AM   #75
StLee
High School Varsity

Author's Note: I haven't been motivated to write any more narrative lately, so my narrative is running low on future entries at the moment. I think I'll just post some game recaps for Jeremy's future seasons. If I would've made this interactive instead of a family story, I might have stayed motivated for a while. I'll probably slow up my updates, but I do have a few future narratives written, and one day I'll fire up FOF and add on to my Jeremy dynasty.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #76
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 13, 2027

This week we have a game! Oceania rivalry. The top two teams in the division standings. Both teams 3-0 in division play. And the Sydney Kangaroos are hot at 8-1 only trailing the undefeated Moscow Miracles for best record in the league.

Despite their record, SK hasn’t been dominating teams. Actually, other than forcing turnovers, I don’t see anything dominant about their stats.

Their QB has a great name, I think. His name is Bart Vonnegut, a former first-rounder out of Rutgers. But his numbers on the year aren’t great at all. He has 2144 yards passing with 11 TDs and 11 INTs.

Chester Duran is their RB. He was a former #1 overall pick, but his career has not been worthy of the pick. He’s actually a bit fumble prone and has 6 already this season. Of course, that means Coach Nickle had us practicing some extra strip drills on the week.

On D, their best player is their Sam, Kelvin Burdette out of Tulane. Fortunately for us, he isn’t expected to go this week with a hamstring injury.

So this week, Sydney visits us in our house, and we hope to make the division race a closer one going into the final stretch. Write to you after the game!

vs
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: bmp ban162.bmp (87.9 KB, 18 views)

Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #77
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 15, 2027

I’ve been keeping myself busy, so I’m not taking much time to look up stats. We lost 25-15. On the bright side, we held them to one touchdown. On the down side, their kicker made 6 field goals on us. So they were always in scoring position.

Overall I had a good game, though I did whiff on a sack that resulted in their only TD. Coach Weber got on my ass for that one. My final stat lines were 4 tackles, 3 assists, a pass defensed, and an INT. I pasted plays below minus commentary.

2-7-AUC17 (1Q: 10:26) Chester Duran ran around right end for 4 yards. Tackled by DT Joey Garcia, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-1-AUC01 (1Q: 09:05) Chester Duran ran around left end for -1 yards and was forced out of bounds. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by ILB Jonathan Pauley.

3-5-AUC29 (1Q: 01:11) Bart Vonnegut pass was intended for WR James Jude and was intercepted by OLB Jeremy Naquin at the AUC19. Tackled by James Jude.

3-2-AUC05 (2Q: 08:53) Bart Vonnegut pass fell incomplete, intended for RB Chester Duran. OLB Jeremy Naquin defended the pass. PENALTY: Sydney was called for Offensive Holding. The penalty was declined.

1-10-SYD40 (2Q: 02:56) J.C. Joseph ran around left end for 1 yard. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DT Sam Packard.

1-10-AUC46 (2Q: 02:19) Chester Duran ran inside the left guard for 4 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-AUC11 (3Q: 03:50) Chester Duran ran around left end for 2 yards. Tackled by DE Ian Praw, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-SYD49 (4Q: 12:09) Bart Vonnegut pass completed to WR Ian Authement for 1 yard. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-AUC41 (4Q: 04:53) J.C. Joseph ran inside the left guard for 4 yards. Tackled by DT Sam Packard, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #78
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 20, 2027

This week our 27th ranked defense takes on the 27th ranked offense of Montreal. The Storm was 1-6 to start, but now they’ve won three straight to move to 4-6. We’re hoping we can break the streak.

Also, I will get to play against Montreal’s rookie LB duo, Daniel Murphy and Edwin Rigley. Therefore, I get to see directly how I match up to a couple of rookie LBs drafted ahead of me. Murphy is a Mike taken with the 17th overall pick. He has been having a pretty good season for a rookie. He has 29 tackles, 11 assists, 4 sacks, 6 passes defensed, an interception, and two forced fumbles. Rigley is a Will like me, and he was taken as the second pick of the 2nd round. He hasn’t seen the field much, though, playing seven games. His stats aren’t great either. He has 7 tackles, and 3 assists. That’s it.

Just checking through Montreal’s roster, I see that they have FIVE QBs on their roster. What are they doing? Their starter is the rookie J.T. Tatum, the number one overall pick out of last year’s Division A champion, Oregon. He started every game this season, throwing for 2168 yards, 7 TDs, and 9 INTs at a 58.5% completion cap. He’s also run for 116 yards and a TD.

Montreal’s RBs are two damn good backs. Vernon Money was a 1st team all WSAFL back a couple of years ago, and Bill Replogle is the work horse, running for over 500 yards on the year.

vs
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: bmp ban99.bmp (87.9 KB, 14 views)

Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #79
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 22, 2027

What a GAME!!! We were down 23-0 late in the third quarter but then got in a groove to win it. Pete Burks connected with Roman Ellison (who was game MVP with 12 catches for 150 yards) with 1:48 left in the third to make it 23-7. Then Will Wilkerson ran in for a 1-yard TD with 8:22 left in the game to make it 23-13. With 3:12 left, Pete connected with Teddy Jarvis for a 23-20 game. With 40 seconds left, Pete hit Jarvis again, from 23 yards out, to give us the win, 27-23.

The only bad thing for me is that I got hurt in the game. It’s a deep thigh bruise, which hurts like hell, but shouldn’t hamper me at all. I walk around with a bit of a limp right now, but I can play ball without any problems, so I still won’t miss a game. Knock on wood, but I have never missed a game in high school or college, and I hope I can maintain that in my pro career.

Actually we got really banged up at LB in the game. Svrcek suffered a bruised shoulder and Shawver pulled his hamstring. Shawver may have to go on IR, and if so, that means we’ll be in the market for a Sam this week.

I finished with five tackles and three assists in the game. Our DE Ian Praw got his first pick to help us to get started scoring. The next play Pete hit Roman for the one play, 19-yard score. I’m posting my stat plays again without commentary.

3-18-AUC37 (1Q: 10:33) Vernon Money ran a draw inside the left guard for 8 yards. Tackled by CB Wes Buckley, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

2-9-MON38 (1Q: 03:58) Bill Replogle ran inside the right tackle for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by S Terrell Bottoms.

3-11-AUC34 (1Q: 00:42) J.T. Tatum pass completed to RB Vernon Money for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Money gained 3 yards after the catch. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.

2-5-MON38 (2Q: 12:19) J.T. Tatum pass completed to TE Walter Lunney for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The receiver ran his route right over the middle of the field.

1-10-MON44 (2Q: 11:47) Bill Replogle ran outside the right tackle for 2 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DT Adrian Howard.

2-2-MON28 (2Q: 03:58) Bill Replogle ran around right end for -1 yards. Tackled by S Vince Rose, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

2-5-MON21 (3Q: 11:53) J.T. Tatum pass completed to TE Will Darius for 16 yards. Tackled by CB A.J. Morton, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Darius gained 2 yards after the catch.

2-6-MON41 (4Q: 14:23) J.T. Tatum pass completed to FB Glenn Horn for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Horn gained 2 yards after the catch.

2-12-MON23 (4Q: 07:03) Bill Replogle ran around right end for 2 yards. Tackled by DT Sam Packard. Auckland's Jeremy Naquin was hurt on the play. This appears to be a minor leg injury. He should be able to remain in the game.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #80
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 27, 2027

This week we meet up with a team I became somewhat familiar with before the draft, the Amsterdam Illusion. Coach Kim Louis met with me and talked away about New Orleans more than he talked football. I guess the rest of the staff didn’t want to draft me because he would lose all his focus! No, honestly, he told me that they were looking harder for a MLB and had me projected as a mid-round WLB, so I was not up on their board. They drafted Terrell Turnbull, another Division B, backer, who was also a First-Team All American out of Duquesne. For Turnbull, I think he’s been banged up all year and not getting a lot of snaps, so his numbers aren’t great, but he is a hell of a ST tackler. I don’t have any ST tackles, but he has 10.

Overall, Amsterdam is struggling quite a bit at 4-7. They actually started off 3-0 on the road, but now they have lost three straight on the road, and we hope to make it 4. There’s nothing particularly outstanding about their team except for one thing, their rushing. At 131.1 ypg, they are 2nd in the WSAFL in rushing. It helps to have a QB who can run, so we’ll be chasing him (Jerald Burnett) around the field quite a bit. We just have to make sure we contain him. He’s actually a pretty smart QB with the ball. AI is 31st overall in passing yards, but Burnett has only thrown 2 INTs all year! I just looked at his stat chart and in four years as the starter, he has never thrown 10 or more INTs in a season. Wow!

vs

As expected, Shawver was put on IR and we picked up Curtis Duncan, a third year Sam out of Rice.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: bmp ban7.bmp (87.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by StLee : 04-13-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #81
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
November 29, 2027

Before getting to the game, let me throw a shout out to my grandmother! Mom told me you were 71!!! Oops, I mean 29!!! Heh! Congrats.

For me, my thigh has been feeling much better compared to when it first happened and the days after. It didn’t affect me in the game at all.

In the game, as expected, we won it, 27-6. And I had OK stats, though I didn’t get a lot of tackles. I finished with 2 tackles, an assist, a half sack, and a fumble recovered. Plays below.

1-10-AUC48 (1Q: 13:41) Roman Ashton ran around left end for -1 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

3-1-AMS45 (1Q: 06:06) Jerald Burnett pass completed to TE David Konkler for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-AUC42 (1Q: 04:46) Jerald Burnett sacked by DT Sam Packard and OLB Jeremy Naquin for a loss of 8 yards. Sack allowed by Graham Norris.

4-1-AMS16 (3Q: 10:41) Gerald Edwards punted 62 yards. Antonio Babka returned the kick 9 yards to the AUC31. Tackled by Joe DiGiacomo. Ball was fumbled and recovered by AUC Jeremy Naquin at the AUC31.

This was my first pro fumble recovery, and it came on a punt return to save my own team’s butt! The AI guy popped Babka good, and I saw the ball squirt out. I jumped in and hugged the ball tight to my body while guys kept piling on top of me. There was no change of possession at the bottom of that pile, though, because I held on for dear life the whole time.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #82
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 4, 2027

Our little home stand comes to a close this week when we take on the Toronto Knights, which have the same 7-5 record as us. Starting next week, we play the rest of our (regular season) games on the road. That means I’ll be on the road for Christmas—don’t know where and don’t feel like looking it up.

Again we play a team that can run but can’t pass. TK is 4th in rushing and 28th in passing to make them tied for 21st in offense. If you remember, we actually played them before in the preseason. That was the game where I got to play a lot and finished with 10 total tackles. Based on film, they haven’t gone to the weak side as often as they did in preseason, but they still do a good job of running. Hopefully, though, I will be there waiting for their backs a lot.

The QB for TK is Damon Bowles who was hurt earlier in the year. Overall he has eight starts and has thrown for 1384 yards, for 6 TDs and 5 INTs. Rushing is a bit different with a 1-2 punch. The vet Carl O’Donnell is the starter. He has 625 yards rushing on the year and 2 TDs. The backup is Jimmy Maxwell who has 563 yards rushing and 4 TDs. Maxwell also has 2 receiving TDs.

vs
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11.bmp (87.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: bmp ban156.bmp (87.9 KB, 10 views)

Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #83
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 6, 2027

We had another thrilling game, this time victorious in OT, 34-31, over the Toronto Knights. Now we’re 8-5 on the season and in great position related to the rest of the conference to earn a playoff spot. The unfortunate side is that we have to go on the road to try to win 10 games to help earn a playoff spot. Unfortunately, we are currently ranked tied for 7th in the EHFC with Amsterdam. Moscow (10-3) and Seoul (9-4) have leads over us for the wildcard spots.

About this game, it was a good one, though defense wasn’t the big factor in the game. We gave up over 400 yards on defense, including 200 yards rushing, but we did get two turnovers.

In OT, Toronto drove down the field and had a FG attempt. But . . .
4-2-AUC28 (OT: 09:31) Martin Wilson attempted a 45 yard field goal and it was blocked by Antonio Babka. TOR Martin Wilson recovered the ball at the AUC41. You can blame the block on a bad snap from center.

Here are my plays:

1-10-AUC25 (2Q: 13:09) Jimmy Maxwell ran inside the right guard for 7 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by CB A.J. Morton. Key block delivered by Albert Page.

1-10-TOR21 (3Q: 08:11) Carl O'Donnell ran around left end for -1 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by S Vince Rose. The defense looked extremely familiar with that play.

1-10-TOR33 (4Q: 08:08) Christian Nichols pass completed to TE Johnnie Matsui for 34 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Matsui gained 33 yards after the catch.

2-5-TOR38 (OT: 14:09) Carl O'Donnell ran inside the left guard for 1 yard. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-TOR45 (OT: 13:00) Christian Nichols pass completed to RB Jimmy Maxwell for 8 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by OLB Curtis Duncan. Maxwell gained 6 yards after the catch.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #84
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 10, 2027

We’re flying out a little later than usual. Our flight leaves at 7:37 AM tomorrow morning. For the game, we play the 2-11 Brisbane Admirals who we beat 34-10 earlier this season.

I won’t preview their team a lot, but let me put up their stat rankings. They are 28th in rushing and 13th in passing for 24th in total offense. They also are dead last in turnovers and turnover margin. On defense they are 28th in rushing and 29th in passing to rank 32nd overall. Also they are last in points allowed.

I don’t usually check out the Atlantic City line, but I see we’re nine point favorites. Let’s make that come true!

Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #85
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 13, 2027

As expected, we shut down Brisbane. I wonder how DeBoer’s feeling about his team now? It was not a day for offensive TDs. Curtis Duncan, one of the new guys on the team scores the only TD on an INT return. Everything else was a FG. The final was 22-9. Our PK Bernie Wyden was the game’s MVP with 5 FGs.

My stats were pretty good. I finished with five tackles, a sack, and I batted down a pass.

2-2-AUC39 (1Q: 03:21) Barry Fitzhugh pass completed to WR Earl Wortham for 3 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by CB A.J. Morton.

1-10-AUC16 (1Q: 01:31) Barry Fitzhugh sacked by OLB Jeremy Naquin for a loss of 7 yards. Sack allowed by Dylan Pettit. Brisbane's Wally Frederick was hurt on the play.

1-10-AUC10 (2Q: 03:46) Barry Fitzhugh pass completed to WR Rex Alcott for 0 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by CB Wes Buckley.

2-7-BRI36 (3Q: 06:23) Barry Fitzhugh pass was blocked at the line, intended for WR Jay Thompson. OLB Jeremy Naquin blocked the pass.

1-10-BRI27 (3Q: 04:19) Barry Fitzhugh pass completed to RB Ernest Lightner for -1 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

2-11-BRI26 (3Q: 03:38) Barry Fitzhugh pass completed to WR Rex Alcott for 11 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-BRI37 (3Q: 02:58) Barry Fitzhugh pass completed to RB Ernest Lightner for 8 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by ILB Jonathan Pauley. Lightner gained 6 yards after the catch. PENALTY: Brisbane was called for an Intentional Face Mask.

It also looks like we lost another guy for the year, and it’s a damn good player for us. Our starting RT, Frank Kinney, tore some ligaments in his knee and is out for the rest of the season. I talked to him earlier today, and he said it’s not too serious, and if it was earlier in the season he could be back, but he’s going to be out for at least a month and maybe two. So he’s going to be put on IR. I’ll report later who we pick up to replace him.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #86
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 16, 2027

I’m actually about to board a plane in a few minutes (it’s currently 1:23 PM) in preparation for the C-O-L-D! I’m ready to freeze my ass off, I guess! Thankfully the game itself is not going to be as frigid since Edmonton built a pretty indoor stadium. That’ll save a Southern boy like me who is also enjoying his New Zealand summer! That’s right. It’s summer now in NZ, nothing like the wintry cold of Edmonton. Look at the Edmonton helmet. Yep, they’re more a cold weather team than our feathered Penguins helmet.

Speaking of the Penguins, I heard word that we’re going to be donning new helmets next year, something that looks more like a Penguin. I can’t wait to see what they look like. Until then, we take on the 8-6 Polar Bears fighting as desperately as we are for a playoff spot.

at

Edmonton is a pretty good team and will be tough to beat, but we need every win if we want to sniff the playoffs this year. They don’t turn the ball over a lot, so they have an advantage in the turnover margin. Other than that, their units are not that great. On offense they are 15th in rushing and 19th in passing to rank 23rd overall in total offense, which is surprisingly low for an 8-6 team. They are also 18th in PPG at 17.1. Looking at their schedule, EPB only had one game over 30 points, a 38-13 victory over Brisbane.

None of their opponents scored over 30 points, which explains their success. At giving up 14.7 PPG, EPB ranks 4th in the league. On defense, EPB is 30th against the run and 11th against the pass to rank 23rd in total defense.

They’re QB position is a 1-2 punch. I don’t know why exactly they switch up starters, but they are led by long-time veteran Joey Stone and a late-round pick from three years ago, R.J. Davidson. Combined they have thrown for 3122 yards, 13 TDs, and 9 INTs. Davidson is supposed to get the start, but we’ve actually prepared for either QB, with Davidson being a dink and dunk passer and Stone being the bombs away guy. In the preseason we saw a lot of the rookie Herb Farmer out of Texas, but he hasn’t played at all in the season.

Norman Glaros is their starter at RB and he’s close to 1000 yards rushing on the season. He has 946 yards rushing and 6 TDs, along with 33 catches for 254 yards and another TD. Backing him up is Billy Maxwell, who was supposed to be their star but never took off. I actually remember during my freshman year him being a Division B All-American at Youngstown State. However, now he’s a backup, but helping out with 356 yards rushing and 5 TDs.

That’s all I have for this week. Edmonton is on a four-game winning streak, but hopefully we can stem their tide and earn ourselves a seat in the playoffs. See you after the game!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11a.bmp (87.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: bmp ban48.bmp (225.1 KB, 6 views)

Old 05-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #87
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 21, 2027

Brrrrrr. I think I’m finished thawing. Edmonton was indeed a cold place. Our defense stepped up in the game against the Polar Bears and we pulled out a 12-10 win. The game was actually tied 3-3 going into the 4th quarter. We kicked a FG and scored a TD to take a 12-3 lead (our kicker Wyden missed an XP, that’s why it was 12). EPB scored on a long pass with 1:55 left to make it 12-10, but we recovered the onsides kick to seal it. There were 18 punts in the game!

For us, we are now 10-5 with a shot at winning the division. Sydney is the division leader at 11-4 and that’s who we play next.

I also got my second fumble recovery and had four tackles. I have a meeting tonight, so I don’t have much time. Here are the plays I was in on.

3-15-EDM15 (2Q: 13:12) R.J. Davidson pass completed to TE Jack Gale for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.

1-10-EDM28 (2Q: 04:03) Billy Maxwell ran around right end for 5 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by CB A.J. Morton. Key block delivered by Victor Cobb.

4-10-EDM38 (2Q: 02:18) Sean Schulz punted 52 yards. Ricardo Lucas returned the kick -1 yards to the AUC09. Tackled by Rico Armstrong. Ball was fumbled and recovered by AUC Jeremy Naquin at the AUC09.

1-10-EDM38 (3Q: 07:30) R.J. Davidson pass completed to WR Bernie Peltier for 4 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Peltier gained 6 yards after the catch.

1-10-AUC45 (3Q: 06:14) Norman Glaros ran around the left tackle for 2 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by S Max Barton.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #88
StLee
High School Varsity

God mode: This dynasty isn't dead. I've just been really, REALLY busy lately. I'm thinking of scaling things back quite a bit for Jeremy's story so that I can get through a season quite a bit faster than four months. It's taking me a lot of time to assess things, including things you don't see posted here. I'm tracking too many other players besides just Jeremy. That will become impossible once I start adding Jeremy's brothers into the mix.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #89
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy's Journal
December 24, 2027

Merry Christmas, everyone!

This week is our last regular season game of the season at Sydney, but hopefully not our last game. The playoff race is complicated, but Coach Weber gave us the simple formula. If we win, we take the division at 11-5 because we win the tiebreaker over Sydney. Both of us will be 11-5 and 5-1 in the division with a split against each other. The difference would be that we would win the third tiebreaker where our record would be 9-3 against common opponents and theirs would be 8-4.

The last time we met, they beat us 25-15 in our place in a game that wasn't close. We were mostly able to keep SK out of the end zone, but their kicker had six FGs. This time we need to play better in containment. Their QB Vonnegut turns the ball over a lot, so we need to be there to take advantage of every mistake he makes.

Statistically, SK has not stood out in anything. They are 24th in rushing and 7th in passing to rank 11th in the WSAFL in offense. They are also 11th in scoring. On defense, they are tied for 13th in rushing and 7th in passing to rank 8th in total defense. They are 4th in points allowed. So SK is definitely a defensive team. Hopefully we can turn that around.

Last edited by StLee : 05-22-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Word to html formatting errors
Old 05-31-2011, 03:21 AM   #90
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 27, 2027

Bernie Wyden, you are the man!!! Wyden kicked four field goals in the game, including the game winner with 46 seconds left on the clock, and we beat the Sydney Kangaroos 12-10 to win the division.

We are now the #4 seed in the EHFC standings. I’ll get to those later and preview our next opponent. For now, let me show you my stats and plays. I finished with a tackle, a forced fumble, and 3 assists.

1-15-SYD30 (1Q: 09:37) Chester Duran ran a counter play inside the left tackle for 6 yards. Tackled by ILB Deron Svrcek, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Key block delivered by Wes Fouts.

2-10-SYD16 (1Q: 02:40) Bart Vonnegut pass completed to FB Louie Luther for 0 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The ball was fumbled and recovered by SYD James Jude on the SYD16.

2-8-SYD26 (3Q: 10:17) Bart Vonnegut pass completed to TE Randy O'Donnell for 6 yards. Tackled by CB A.J. Morton, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-AUC26 (4Q: 02:52) Bart Vonnegut pass completed to FB Ben Schultz for 6 yards. The receiver went out of bounds. Tackled by CB Wes Buckley, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

Now for the conference break down. Like I mentioned, we are #4. Here is the seeding order:

1. Moscow 13-3
2. Madrid 12-4
3. Berlin 12-4
4. Auckland 11-5
5. Seoul 12-4
6. Sydney 11-5

Let me watch film and give you a preview in a few days. Though Seoul has a better record, we host them because we won our division and they are a wildcard team.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 AM   #91
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
December 30, 2027

In two days, I will be playing in a playoff game again. But these playoffs are on a much bigger stage than the Division B playoffs. Yes, sir, these are the WSAFL playoffs, and I’m pumped!!!

Our game is one of the Saturday games, which will be January 1. The other is a WHFC game between 6th seeded Edmonton and 3rd seeded Columbus. I didn’t post it, but here are the WHFC standings:

1. Vancouver 14-2
2. Baton Rouge 14-2
3. Columbus 9-7
4. Portland 9-7
5. Oklahoma City 8-8
6. Edmonton 8-8

The WHFC was definitely more of a pushover than the EHFC since the WHFC got two 8-8 teams in as wildcards, whereas the EHFC had three teams over .500 that missed the playoffs (Athens, Tokyo, and Melbourne).

For our game, let me preview and show some stats. I have some time today, so I’ll post a few things.

For our team, on offense we finished 22nd in rushing, 4th in passing, and 8th in total yards and points. Pete had 4133 yards passing on the season for 23 TDs and 14 INTs. Will Wilkerson was our leading rusher with 917 yards and 6 TDs. Our rookie Mullin was second for 401 yards and a TD. We had two WRs over 1000 yards. Jarvis had 102 catches for 1390 yards and 10 TDs (probably going to be on an All-Pro team) and Ellison had 91 catches for 1013 yards and 4 TDs.

On defense, we finished 26th against the run, 5th against the pass, 14th in total defense, and 25th in points allowed (keep in mind some of those points were given up by our offense). We were pretty bad in forcing turnovers, with 23 on the season to make us 29th in forced turnovers and -5 in the turnover ratio (tied for 21st). We need to be much better in the playoffs in turnover margin if we want to make a Power Bowl run.

I finished third on the team with 78 total tackles (58 tackles and 20 assists). Two DBs finished better than me: Rose (91 total tackles) and Morton (87 total tackles). Flowers, a DE, was our leader in sacks with 7. Morton was our INT leader with 7. I led the team with 3 forced fumbles and tied a bunch of guys for first with 2 fumble recoveries.

So we play Seoul this week, and they handled us easily earlier in the year, 34-17. On offense, they finished 31st in rushing, 2nd in passing, 4th in total offense, and tied for 5th in points per game. They only turned the ball over 17 times all year to rank at the top in the WSAFL.

Their QB is Norbert Torrence who threw for 4511 yards, 19 TDs, and 8 INTs. Their 1-2 punch at RB was Wiggins (596 yards rushing and 6 TDs) and Kernbach (524 yards and 6 TDs). Lance Joyner was their top WR with 120 catches for 1324 yards and 4 TDs.

On defense, the Reapers finished 8th in rushing, last in passing, 28th in total defense, and 17th in points. They forced 31 turnovers, which put them at +14 on the year to tie them for 2nd in turnover margin.

Pete Lyons, their MLB, led their team with 126 total tackles, 3 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries. A DT, Malewitz, led Seoul with 6.5 sacks. Ben Barton, a CB, had 8 INTs.

This week, the Seoul Reapers (12-4) at the Auckland Penguins (11-5). May the best team win!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #92
StLee
High School Varsity

Jeremy’s Journal
January 2, 2028

Seoul proved to be just too good for us. There’s a reason they’ve been to a few Power Bowls recently. The final score was 29-10, and we just got beat up.

In the game, I had 5 tackles and a pass defensed. Here are my plays:

1-10-SEO39 (1Q: 14:29) Norbert Torrence pass completed to WR David Forsberg for 5 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by CB A.J. Morton.

3-4-AUC31 (1Q: 00:59) Norbert Torrence pass completed to WR Lance Joyner for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.

1-7-AUC07 (2Q: 09:53) Norbert Torrence pass fell incomplete, intended for WR David Forsberg. OLB Jeremy Naquin defended the pass.

1-15-SEO20 (2Q: 03:51) Norbert Torrence pass completed to RB Casey Sampson for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

1-10-SEO34 (3Q: 11:33) Eric Wiggins ran inside the right tackle for 4 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DE Jesse Flowers.

2-4-SEO40 (3Q: 00:58) Norbert Torrence pass completed to WR David Forsberg for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Forsberg gained 1 yard after the catch.

The truth is that, though I’m disappointed the season is over, I am relieved that I don’t have to bust my butt for a couple of months. I am TIRED!

Next year I hope we can be a little stronger. It’s going to be a year in transition, and we’ll have to see what happens with Pete Burks. I’m disappointed now, but I will update my journal from time to time, along with checking out what happens in the rest of the playoffs. Uncle Lee, your team is damn good and tough. I hate that we have to play them again next year. Then again, we can get some revenge.