Old 05-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #51
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Lovin' this.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #52
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Good good.. I'll try to get the May Supercard done today..

Our costs are.. not good.. as we enter our final pre-end of month TV card, we're losing about 40K this month, but that's because we're doing small shows in the Great Lakes and paying for our stars twice a week. Now that I've seen that we CAN pull a rating in the Great Lakes, time to bump that up to medium. Also, TV and Sponsors Revenue should push us to a nice profit.. but next month, I have to get our show renewed (and hopefully spread to the great lakes).. we need to be on TV

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-28-2011 at 03:05 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Bill Dundee defeated Leon White in 9:42 by pinfall with a Piledriver.

I bet that was a spectacle ... Dundee was maybe 5'7", Vader somewhat larger
Old 05-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #54
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Pre-TV, Jack Hart (IE Barry Horowitz) was doing funny impressions of some of the other wrestlers. Loosened things up nicely. Thanks. You may just get a booking out of that!

From the Birmingham-Jefferson Hall in Birmingham, Alabama it's time for:

CWA Championship Wrestling (Week 4, April) Att:3000 (SOLD OUT!)

Pre-TV:

In an extremely poor match, Jack Hart defeated The Colorado Kid in 7:08 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (E+, but it was a reward for Hart for keeping things on the up, and the Colorado Kid is now Jerry's protege off-TV, so.. eh.)

On-TV:

All the wrestlers you'll see at the big super show are here!

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Chic Donovan in 8:15 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C)

Jerry Lawler is interviewed backstage by Bruce Prichard, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Austin Idol. "Idol.. I've dreamt about this for weeks. I am going to get revenge for every indignity I've suffered, every insult.. this is going to be great!" (B-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass defeated Scott Steiner and Sting in 8:25 when Dirty Rhodes defeated Sting by pinfall with a Piledriver. Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes make defence number 1 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (D, Sting and Steiner have little chemistry as a team. Oh well)

Austin Idol had an interview hyping himself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. he... is... "When I beat that punk Lawler in front of his home crowd, it will be OVER.. OVER AND DONE.. and then I will get back MY Southern Heavyweight Title that was unlawfully stolen from me!" (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol defeated Jeff Jarrett in 7:18 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sgt. Slaughter drew with Dutch Mantell in 14:53 following a double count out. (C, Good Chemistry)

And is traditional in the last card before a major event.. all the players come out and start to brawl.. What a fight! See you next week at the supercard! (C-)

C rated Show
Old 05-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

In an extremely poor match, Jack Hart defeated The Colorado Kid in 7:08 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (E+, but it was a reward for Hart for keeping things on the up, and the Colorado Kid is now Jerry's protege off-TV, so.. eh.)

CK as in Mike Rapada? Damn, he really would have been green, just 21 y/o in 1987 (and in real life is more than 6 years away from his USWA title & win over Lawler and IIRC even farther away from his run as NWA N.A. Champ)
Old 05-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #56
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

April Windup:

Regional Battles:

Great Lakes (#2 of 5)
Mid Atlantic (#2 of 5)
Mid West (#2 of 6)
New England (#2 of 5)
North West (#2 of 6)
South West (#2 of 5)
Tri-State (#3 of 6)
Puerto Rico (#3 of 4)

So in six regions, we were a solid Number 2. Wait, does that mean we wrestled like shit?

We put out a ton of feelers to networks in an attempt to either get a new show, or expand the one we have. Just a wait and see now..

Thanks to Sponsors and TV revenue, we managed to eek out about 10K positive in finances.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #57
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
CK as in Mike Rapada? Damn, he really would have been green, just 21 y/o in 1987 (and in real life is more than 6 years away from his USWA title & win over Lawler and IIRC even farther away from his run as NWA N.A. Champ)

Yup. And Lawler's taken him under his wing... scary huh?
Old 05-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup. And Lawler's taken him under his wing... scary huh?

Quite possibly the least likable Facey McFace character I ever saw, a guy who made Dean Malenko look like The Rock in terms of charisma.

Coupled with a move set that was about what the kids on Tough Enough have during week zero before training starts & an unbeatable push courtesy of Bert Prentice (who controlled the NWA N.A. title from Nashville) and it was enough to make a guy cheer for every heel who came through the promotion ... ANYTHING was better than another week of CK as champ.

Outside of being an uninteresting & undeserving champ with zero work rate, he seemed like a decent enough guy (although perhaps a bit odd), had his ego in check enough to do his part during tear down after the show & was at least cordial to us handful of smarks who were helping with the load out. That's better than I saw out of any number of guys when I was going to the indys a lot.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #59
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Pre the Monthly SuperCard, Steve Keirn relaxed the guys telling old road stories.. kept things loose (Backstage up to 93.9%)

From the Bob Martinez Sports Center in Tampa Florida, it's

the CWA MAY SUPER CARD! (Att:3,242, SELL OUT)

Pre-Card:
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Mark Callous in 7:20 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D)

Main-Card:

Sgt Slaughter comes out: "Mantell! Last week on TV, you and I had some unfinished business. We fought to a double countout.. well, these fans deserve better than that! Tonight, we fight in a Boot Camp match. The rules are... there are no rules. Pin a man in the ring, outside the ring, in the stands, at the concession line.. it doesn't matter! But this time we WILL have a winner.. and that's.. an order..." (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass defeated Sting and Jeff Jarrett in 10:12 when Dirty Rhodes defeated Sting by pinfall with a Piledriver. Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes make defence number 2 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (D)

Jerry Lawler has an interview in which he taunts Austin Idol. (B)

In an extremely short match, Scott Hall defeated Billy Joe Travis in 3:54 by pinfall with an Elevated Powerbomb (D-)

Scott Hall grabs the house microphone: "Since I came to CWA, I've dismantled every person the CWA has put in front of me.. I want some REAL challenges, or I just might have to stick my nose where it don't belong to get some!" (D)

The Sarge and Dirty Dutch had a good old fashioned Boot Camp match. The action stayed in the ring.. for about five minutes. It went all over the place, up and down the stairs (Mantell knocking Slaughter down a flight of stairs with a punch at one point). In true Memphis style, this ended up at a nearby concession stand where Slaughter dodged the oncoming Mantell, who crashed into the stand, , breaking it in half, and Sarge grinned, folded the smashed concession stand over Mantell and pinned him in it!

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Dutch Mantell in a Boot Camp match in 21:27 by pinfall. (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Chic Donovan defeated Tommy Lane in 7:39 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+, calm down the fans, unfortunately, calmed them down too much!)

Austin Idol cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Jerry Lawler. "You are all privileged. You will be here for the END of Jerry Lawler's career!" (B)

A video plays hyping Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Tommy Rich. (C+)

The Semi-Main.. well.. I pushed it too long unfortunately. The Bammer is a beast, but he's not ready for an 18 minute match. But, the finish was pretty good:

Wildfire hit Bigelow with a Thesz Press.. but Cornette got up on the apron to argue with the referee. Rich grabbed Cornette, and dragged him into the ring!.. and playing to the crowd, prepared to sock Cornette into the middle of Next Tuesday..

but Bigelow had Cornette's tennis racket, and while the ref was trying to pull Cornette out of the ring, socked him with it right across the back. No.. Not like this! 1..2..

And the referee saw the handle of the tennis racket sticking out from underneath Bigelow.

Smart refs we have here in the CWA, huh?

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Tommy Rich defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 18:05 by disqualification. (D+)

A video plays hyping Jerry Lawler vs. Austin Idol. (C+)

In the Main Event of the evening:

Austin Idol came out to a spectacle. Six muscle bound amazons carried "The King Of Las Vegas" out on a throne, and two "Vegas Showgirls" helped him off his throne and into the ring (C+)

Lawler had no such pomp and cirumstances, mind you. He came dressed for a fight!

Idol tried every trick to get Lawler down.. he even handcuffed Lawler to the ropes for an extended beatdown before the referee finally grabbed the key and unlocked Lawler.

But no matter what he tried to do, Lawler would get back up and wade right back into the fight. Finally, Idol had had ENOUGH.. and while Lawler was down, he went to ringside and grabbed a steel chair from ringside, and prepared to pulverize Lawler, who was crumpled against the ropes.

He taunted the fans as Lawler got to his feet and swung....

LAWLER MOVED, the CHAIR HIT THE ROPES AND BOUNCED BACK INTO IDOL'S FACE..

Well, that's THWUNK of chair hitting flesh was music to Jerry's ears.... and he followed up, and how.. He dragged the chair to the center of the ring.. picked up the semi-conscious form of Austin Idol.. Looked to the crowd who yelled as one "DO IT!"

And Piledrove him on the chair!

Needless to say, the 10 count was a given at that point!

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Jerry Lawler defeated Austin Idol in a Memphis Death Match in 17:06 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (C-)

Having picked up the victory, Jerry Lawler goes out into the crowd to celebrate with his people. (B-):

C- Show
Old 05-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #60
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

One more quick card while I'm (hopefully) getting a bunch of tv show requests answered. Not going to be pushing storylines here, much, just your average "People show up and wrestle show".. I think Idol/Lawler are just about done, but I want to try to bring it one more month, where I can wrap up the Last Temptation of Tommy Rich while I'm at it..

From the Chick Evand Field House in DeKalb Illinois (Att:2,000, SOLD OUT)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Scott Hall defeated Sting in 9:19 by pinfall with an Elevated Powerbomb (D+, Pringle did good work at ringside)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Jeff Jarrett defeated Shawn Michaels in 10:34 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. (D-)

A video plays hyping Larry Zbyszko vs. Tommy Rich for next week

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Dutch Mantell defeated Rocky Johnson in an Indian Strap match in 16:02 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+, great chemistry)

Jerry Lawler had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Dirty Rhodes. (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Bill Dundee in 7:45 by pinfall with a Power Bomb after Jim Cornette interfered. (D)

Inside a steel cage, In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Jerry Lawler defeated Dirty Rhodes in 14:34 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+)

Having picked up the victory, Jerry Lawler celebrates in the ring. (C-)

Final Rating: D+

Obviously, we need to go back to a small show.. we get a bigger crowd, but the crowd was REALLY tough on the stuff, like a full letter grade lower then what I expected.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #61
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The good news is: We manage to re up our TV show for three seasons. The bad news is that we give up our revenue.. but without TV, we're up the creek without a paddle.

Unfortunately, CWA is exclusive, so we can't expand the show to other markets, and no one wants a second CWA show.

Uhoh.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #62
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

more tommorrow afternoon
Old 05-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #63
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's announced before our first TV show of the month, that the CWA has commissioned a new title: The CWA Television Championship. The belt will be fought for (and defended) solely on television in 15 minute time limit matches, and a tournament to crown the first TV champion will be held starting this week.

From the Dothan Civic Center, (ATT:3100, SOLD OUT).. It's...

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 1 May

Pre-Card: In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Dutch Mantell in 15:01 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press.(C: You may wonder why I spent an appearance fee on my world champion, only to have him appear in a pre card match? Wait and see)..

Main-Card

The show opens with Austin Idol in a neckbrace and sunglasses, coming down to the ring. He seems composed and the same Austin Idol that the fans have known and heckled for months.. but finally once he removes the sunglasses.. there is madness in Austin Idol's eyes.

"Lawler! You think it's over? You think you ended it last wek when you piledrove me on a steel chair in front of all the fans watching? It's NOT OVER! IT'LL NEVER BE OVER, JERRY LAWLER! I AM GOING TO HAUNT YOU TO THE ENDS OF THIS EARTH AND BEYOND... I am willing to do anything... ANYTHING DO YOU HEAR ME??? To get you back into this ring so that I can have my revenge back on you. I know! The one thing that I value more than anything.. besides MY SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE, LAWLER, WHICH YOU STOLE FROM ME.. is my good looks. My hair.... that's it! Lawler! Face me in a match.. and if you win.. you can.. you can.. YOU CAN SHAVE MY HEAD FOR ALL I CARE.. But I won't lose. Not to you, Lawler. I WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN!"

(Gee, I think Austin Idol is taking this defeat kind of personally, don't ya think?) (C+)

In the first quarterfinal of the TV Title tournament, In a match that had some good action and average heat, Scott Hall defeated Sting in 10:21 by pinfall with an Elevated Powerbomb. (D+)

Jerry Lawler comes out and calls Austin Idol to the ring.. "For the past couple of months, you've made my life hell, Austin Idol.. feels strange to have the shoe on the other foot, don't you think? You've had me beat up.. played mind games with me.. but you're telling me it's never over between us? Face it Idol... if I beat you again and shaved you bald, you'd get back up and claim that you were robbed.. again.. and just attack me again. No, Austin, I don't need to beat you again to know that I'm the better man.. these fans don't need me to beat you again to know that I'm the better wrestler.. and besides.. I'm enjoying you squirm way too much!"

Idol freaks out and gets in Lawler's face, who knocks him down with one punch! Lawler leaves to cheers, and Idol throws a fit in the ring once he gets back up, to the fan's delight (B-)

In the TV Title Tournament, In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Scott Steiner defeated Phil Hickerson in 11:24 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass defeated King Cobra and Jeff Jarrett in 10:20 when Dirty Rhodes defeated King Cobra by pinfall after using a foreign object. Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes make defence number 3 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (D)

Chic Donovan comes out and continues to beat on Jarrett outside. "You've not paid your dues, Kid!" (E)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Jerry Lawler defeated Big Bubba in 7:12 by pinfall with a Flying Fistdrop. (C-)

As Lawler's accepting cheers inside the ring, the camera shifts to backstage, where Tommy Rich is down on the ground, being beaten by Bam Bam Bigelow, Austin Idol and Jim Cornette! They lift a groggy Rich up, and Cornette Rams the butt-end of that loaded tennis racket right into Rich's throat!

Lawler runs backstage and the heels scatter, as Lawler guards Rich and frantically calls for a medic.. (C-)

D+ rated card.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #64
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(I forgot to change back the Weekly show to small, due to the increased scruitiny in the Great Lakes), so for one week, the Weekly Show is in the Southeast)

From the Birmingham-Jefferson Hall in Birmingham, AL: Att:3,000 SOLD OUT

It's the weekly Super Show!

Shawn Michaels is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match. (D-)

Rocky Johnson appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Shawn Michaels, he'll face him in a match. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rocky Johnson defeated Shawn Michaels in 14:37 by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (D-.. they don't click *sighs*.. Rocky what am I going to do with you?)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Larry Zbyszko in 19:48 by submission with a Cobra Clutch. (C)

Idol and Hall and Bam Bam Bigelow come to the ring and challenge Lawler and S.Steiner and Tommy Rich to a match. (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Dutch Mantell defeated Brickhouse Brown in 13:46 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D, Dutch was off his game)

A video plays hyping the fueds with Idol and Bigelow vs. Lawler and Rich. (C)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Scott Hall, Bam Bam Bigelow and Austin Idol defeated Tommy Rich, Jerry Lawler and Scott Steiner in 12:38 when Scott Hall defeated Scott Steiner by pinfall with an elevated powerbomb as the other four men brawled around the ringside area (C-)

C- Show
Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #65
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

News: WWF has gone Global.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #66
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Time to drop some fat from the roster (no, sit down Tarzan, I mean excess people we're not using and don't need)

The following people are told that they do not have a CWA contract any more:
Bambi (Manager/Occasional Wrestler)
The Hunter (Opener, husband of Bambi)
Billy Joe Travis (Upper Midcarder)
Tony Falk (Midcard)
Brian Knobbs (Lower Midcarder)
Lord Humongous (Midcarder)
Phil Hickerson (Midcarder)
Steve Keirn (Midcarder)
Tommy Lane (Midcarder)

And finally:

OH SHIT.. Jerry Lawler has just received a offer from WWF.

This could be bad. Very bad.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #67
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The backstage rating drops 15% as a result of the firings, but what can you do. They were starting to get irritated..

From the Bob Martinez Sports Center, it's

CWA Championship Wrestling (Week 2, MAY)

Pre-Card
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sting defeated Mark Callous in 6:33 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (Don't Click, awkward bout, D-)

Jerry Lawler is shown taking part in a press conference. He says that he accepts the challenge that Austin Idol made, and will face him in singles competition. "Idol.. the fact that you injured my friend Tommy Rich to get to me.. Not only will I beat you and shave your head.. I'm going to send you to the hospital.. just like you did to Tommy!" (B-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Goliath in 10:22 by pinfall with a Gut Buster. (C-)

A video is played in which a weak-voiced Tommy Rich gives a heartfelt promo commenting on the injury he has recently suffered. Rich promises to return to action as soon as possible. He promises that the voice of Wildfire has only been dampened, and soon it will be roaring, and Bigelow and Cornette and Idol will find out soon... (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Bill Dundee in 12:02 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (C-)

In the main event of the evening, where if Austin Idol lost, he was going to be shaved bald.. it was a wild brawl, yet again.. but Idol was too.. animalistic this time. He clipped Lawler's legs and left him hobbling. Once again, he went outside and got a steel chair.. but he wasn't waiting for Lawler to get up this time.. Instead, five.. six.. SEVEN times, he brought the unforgiving metal of the chair down on Jerry Lawler's injured Legs.

Then, to add Injury AND insult to just plain injury, he crashed the steel chair over the fallen Lawler's head.

And then, just to be sure, he locked in a Las Vegas leglock. Three.. four minutes in, and finally the ref stopped it, when an unconscious Lawler could not answer the ref.

Idol has snapped, and what does this mean for the King? (B-)

Having picked up the victory, Austin Idol celebrates in the ring, and goes crazy, running around the ring like a madman, dumping water over himself, and hugging the referee and ring announcer. Two fans jump over the rail to attack Idol, but are barely held back by security as the show ends... Idol has gone too far... WAY too far.. (B-)

(C+ rated show)
Old 05-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #68
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In interesting news, Continental Championship Wrestling and World Class Wrestling Alliance (WCCW) have declared war on each other. Guys, we have bigger fish to fry...

I have to figure out what I'm going to do if Jerry leaves. He probably will. He loves Memphis.. but the security of a written contract with the top wrestling company in the world? That'd be.. hard for him to overcome for a Pay Per Appearance contract with a regional fed.

And if to just make things more blatant where they're heading, WWF has gone on a massive signing spree: Nikita Koloff, Ray Traylor (The Big Bossman) and Tully Blanchard from JCP. Ken Patera (Free Agent), Candi Devine (From the AWA) and in a blow to every fan who's ever sung "The Yellow Rose of Texas", Kerry Von Erich from World Class Championship Wrestling

I think things over. Think on them hard, and then a germ of an idea comes up.. it's a crazy idea. I have no idea how it's going to fly, especially in Memphis. But as the saying goes.. it's so crazy that it just might work... especially if Lawler gives us one more match....

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-30-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #69
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Attack Athletics Venue in Illinois (Att:1,000, SOLD OUT), it's the WEEKLY SUPER SHOW!

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Scott Hall defeated Bill Dundee in 12:08 by pinfall with an elevated Powerbomb, which he's now calling the Razor's Edge. (D)

Austin Idol had an interview hyping what he did to Jerry Lawler. "I've done it! I've crippled him.. and should he stick his nose back in where it don't belong one more time, I'll do more then cripple him, I'll run him out of the CWA.. for good!" (C)

Shawn Michaels (who has just signed a contract with CWA!) is in the ring. "Last few weeks, I've uh.. done some things I'm not uh.. proud of. I hope the fans forgive me.. I know I need to re-earn their trust.."

Before he can go much further, Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes attack Michaels from behind! Sting comes racing down to save them, and knocks them out of the ring.. while Bass and Rhodes fume on the outside, Sting puts his hand out to Shawn Michaels, and the handshake is accepted! (E)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Shawn Michaels and Sting defeated Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass in 9:08 when Shawn Michaels defeated Don Bass by pinfall with a fast roll up. (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow and Austin Idol defeated Jeff Jarrett and King Cobra in 10:46 when Austin Idol defeated King Cobra by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (D-, King Cobra was way way way off his game.)

Larry Zbyszko attacks Scott Steiner backstage, and leaves him down and out. (D)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Larry Zbyszko defeated Scott Steiner in 13:56 by submission with a Larry Land Dreamer after blatantly cheating. (D+)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Dutch Mantell in a Bullrope match in 17:47 when Sgt. Slaughter was the first to touch all the corners. (C+)

C- show, should increase our popularity there.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #70
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just before the TV Show, there's a knock on the door of the room I've appropriated for the booking office. It's Jerry Lawler. I know what this is, I want to deny what this is, but I have to go through with it.

"Lemme guess.. you're coming in to tell me that you've accepted the WWF's offer?"

"Yeah.. I mean..."

"It's ok. I don't blame ya. Go get Tommy, we have some planning to do."

((The good news is I might have him for one more show after this one, he has to give a week's notice, so he might show up next week, but you know what has to happen here..))
Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #71
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From The FLowers Hall, in Alabama.. it's.

CWA Championship Wrestling May, Week 3 (Att:3,706)

Jerry Lawler comes out, limping. "Fine. I thought we were over and done, Idol. But you're right. It won't be over till you or I get run out of town on a rail. So.. tonight, we're settling this once and for all.. in front of these great fans, and the world watching on television. Let's hook it up one more time. Austin Idol and Jerry Lawler. LOSER LEAVES THE CWA! (B-)

Bigelow and Idol rush in and start beating down Lawler.. the crowd murmurs.. Idol tells Lawler he accepts, and while Bigelow holds down Lawler, Idol grabs a steel chair.. no.. not again!

But the fans shrieks of horror hit an entirely DIFFERENT timber, as Tommy Rich, with a neckbrace onm came down to ringside with his OWN equalizer in his hands, a steel chair! He swings and barely misses hitting Idol for a home run as the heels scatter. He helps Lawler up, and they embrace.. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Shawn Michaels defeated Mark Callous in 6:38 by pinfall with a Flying Elbow Drop. (D-)

Austin Idol had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jerry Lawler (C-)

The main event.. it was held inside the confines of a steel cage. The fans had high expectations, and it lived up to it. Both men were bloodied by the end of the match. The crowd's ferver built up and up.. Lawler had Idol up for a piledriver, when the fans noted that Cornette and Bigelow had a pair of bolt cutters, and were prying the door to the cage open!

They finally break in, and Lawler goes out to meet them, and is doing ok in holding off Bigelow and Cornette and here comes Wildfire Tommy Rich, still with the neckbrace and the steelchair!

He jumps through the open door, Cornette dives away from Rich before he can be hit.. and Wildfire winds up...
Old 05-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #72
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and clocks Jerry Lawler.

You could hear a pin drop as the bloodied form of Lawler slumps to the mat, unconscious.

Idol covers. no.. this is a travesty, no... 1.....2.....3!

And Jerry Lawler is gone from the CWA. (C+, Tommy Rich's turn is a wild success)

Idol grins, bloody against the ropes as the fans begin to protest what they just saw. Cornette, Bigelow and Rich hug each other, as Rich removes the neckbrace to show everyone he was fine all along! and raise each other's arms in triumph.

Cornette picks up the microphone. "What you just saw is the formation of the most dominant alliance in wrestling today.. The James E Cornette alliance RUNS THIS TOWN now! Austin Idol. Bam Bam Bigelow. And Southern Heavyweight Champion Tommy Rich. We are the Gold Standard of wrestling.. We are the Golden Boys! (D+)

(C rated Show)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-30-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #73
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Of course, this means our two storylines "Idol makes Jerry's life hell" and "The Last Temptation of Tommy Rich" are pretty much over.. Idol will now feud with Bill Dundee (to be fair, it's going to drop off far.. Dundee's ok, but he's no Lawler), and Tommy Rich and Sgt Slaughter will feud over the Southern Heavyweight Title.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #74
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Rich & Slaughter will feud ... if Sarge doesn't get a phone call from Vince that is.

(Sorry, had to do that to you, been there more than once myself)

Lots of room for a new face star to emerge here, that's for sure.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #75
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Jon, for that reminder *winces*
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #76
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Way to turn a negative into a positive. Awesome stuff.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #77
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, it's the first card in the PL (Post-Lawler) era.. with our finances probably going down with the TV revenue loss, we may have to do the weekly super shows every two weeks to save money.. but we'll decide at the end of the month.

But, for now, it's time for the Week 4 May SUPER SHOW from the West Meadows Ice Arena in Wisconsin.. (Att:822)

Pre-Card:

In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Rocky Johnson defeated Allen West in 8:27 by pinfall with a Dropkick. (Rocky, we need a main event face, and you're not cutting it!)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Dutch Mantell defeated Jeff Jarrett in 7:48 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D+)

Main Card:

Bill Dundee is interviewed in the ring. He runs down recent events, and promises that there will be payback. The Golden Boys aren't going to get away with this! (D+, Storyline tick)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bill Dundee defeated Mark Callous in 7:19 by pinfall with a Small Package. (E+)

The Golden Boys (and their manager, Jim Cornette) make their way to the ring, jawing with all the fans (D)

Bam Bam Bigelow, Austin Idol and Tommy Rich have an interview hyping themself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. they... are... (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Scott Steiner in 13:53 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D+)

Sgt Slaughter is interviewed by Bruce Prichard. Needless to say, he considers Tommy Rich a traitor to the fans and a traitor to the CWA title that he wears around his waist. And he brings up three latin words. Sic Semper Tyrranus. "Thus always to Tyrants". Tommy Rich will get what's coming to him.. and that's... an order..(C)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Tommy Rich defeated Sting in 15:38 by pinfall with a Piledriver following interference from Jim Cornette. Tommy Rich makes defence number 1 of his Southern Heavyweight title. (D)

The main event was Austin Idol and Sgt Slaughter. All during the match, Tommy Rich, Bam Bam Bigelow and Jim Cornette stalked around the ring like sharks scenting blood. They waited until late in the match, where Sarge was about to put Idol in the Cobra Clutch, and then hit the ring and beat the Sarge down. Idol was Disqualified, but would this be a case of winning the battle but losing the war? (C)

Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow and Tommy Rich attack Sgt. Slaughter in the ring, and leave him down and out. But Bill Dundee runs in to make the save before to much damage is done. (D-)

C- show, should increase our popularity in the Great Lakes
Old 05-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #78
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Dothan Civic Center, it's Sunday of week 4 may, and that can only mean it's time for:

CWA Championship Wrestling!

Pre-Show: In a bout that had great heat and good action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 15:28 by pinfall with a Power Bomb after interference from Jim Cornette (C+.. shouldn't have wasted it preshow, but nice to know those two can put up a rating, and I needed Sarge for an angle later)

When the cameras come on:

Bam Bam Bigelow, Austin Idol and Tommy Rich, along with Jim Cornette, are all sittting around the announcers desk... all are puffing cigars..

Jim Cornette: If you're tuning in tonight to see Jerry Lawler, I'm sorry, you won't see him here any more. You see.. last week, my main man, Austin Idol, did what no other man could do. Beat Jerry Lawler and force him out of the CWA. He's gone. Finished. Kaput! So we're all just sitting here and enjoying our victory, and we owe it all to you, Tommy Rich..

Rich takes a puff of his cigar, enjoying the crowd's hatred. "Thanks, Mr. Cornette. People came up to me while I was out and said "Why? Tommy, why did you help Austin Idol run Jerry Lawler out of the CWA? Well.. it's simple. Two reasons. One, CWA had become the Jerry Lawler show. Here I sit, the Southern Heavyweight Champion.. and I could barely get a match. Why? Because Lawler was hogging the spotlight. And then there's the other reason.. you see, there's a saying.. "He who has the gold, makes the rules". I have the gold. I make the rules. Jim Cornette made it financially worth my while.. and seeing the look on Jerry Lawler's face when I brought that steel chair down.. WHAM.. right in between his eyes? That's just a bonus."

Austin Idol: "I told all of you that I was going to run Jerry Lawler out of town.. and I have! You won't see him no more, ever! And to the rest of the CWA, we have three words of warning for you all."

Cornette: "We're" "Taking" "Over". (D+)

In a TV Title Quarterfinal Match: In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jeff Jarrett defeated Pat Tanaka in 7:03 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. (D-)

Rocky Johnson comes to the ring and challenges Tommy Rich to a match. "Rich! What you did ain't right! Someone's gotta stop the Golden Boys.. and it's gonna be the Soulman!" (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Dutch Mantell in 12:45 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C-, I'm trying to build Dundee back up.. so far, not so great, but If not Dundee, then whom?)

After the match: Bill Dundee calls out Jerry Jarrett, owner of the CWA and pleads with him to reinstate Jerry Lawler.. Jerry Jarrett is sorry, but the terms of the contract were clear, and the loser of last week's Austin Idol Jerry Lawler match had to leave CWA. It's not right, it's not fair, but that's how it has to be. (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Tommy Rich defeated Rocky Johnson in 17:14 by pinfall with a Lou Thesz Press. Tommy Rich makes defence number 2 of his Southern Heavyweight title. (C-, And guess what.. Rocky was off his game. Rocky, tonight was your final exam, and I think you failed)

Lance Russell announces that the CWA Championship Committee has announced a #1 contender to the title.. and it's this man.. SERGEANT SLAUGHTER!

Rich sneaks up on Slaughter from behind and hits him with the title. As the show fades to black, Rich is yelling "This is MY BELT, and you won't get it" at the fallen form of the Sarge. (C-)

(D+ Rating)
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #79
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

May results:

Mostly #2 and #3 in the Great Lakes. We can't just get ahead of the AWA in the Great Lakes.. We hold off on doing the Weekly Super SHows for now.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #80
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We make a few talent trades. and a couple signings. Who? Well, a couple of the loan guys you'll see here, the next on TV this week:

It's time for the June SUPER SHOW From the ROme, GA Forum Civic Center:

Bass and Dirty Rhodes are in the ring with microphones. They claim that they are so good that they cannot be defeated by anyone, and so they are making an open challenge for any team on the roster to face them in a tag team match for THEIR tag team titles

Well, they got a response, but not one from the roster.. Instead, out came Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, better known as THE ROCK AND ROLL EXPRESS. Bass and Rhodes tried to claim that since they weren't members of the CWA roster, that it didn't count.. But the referee just lifted the belts up and told the timekeeper.. "RING THAT BELL!" (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson defeated Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass in 14:43 when Bass and Rhodes "took a powder" and were deliberately counted out. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sting defeated Goliath in 6:51 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (D)

Scott Hall is interviewed backstage. He tells the CWA fans "I'm getting tired of waiting. Brickhouse Brown is fine tonight, but I want a challenge and SOON." (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Scott Hall defeated Brickhouse Brown in 8:42 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Shawn Michaels defeated Dutch Mantell in 16:55 by pinfall with a fast roll up. (D+)

The match is over, and Shawn Michaels is celebrating. Dutch Mantell looks angry, and jumps him from behind, beating him down. (D-)

Bam Bam Bigelow, Austin Idol, and Tommy Rich attack Bill Dundee in the ring, and leave him down and out before being chased off by a number of backstage workers so the scheduled match between Idol and Dundee can start (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Austin Idol defeated Bill Dundee in 13:38 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock after blatantly cheating. (C-)

Sgt. Slaughter had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Tommy Rich. (C+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Tommy Rich defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 22:30 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Tommy Rich makes defence number 3 of his Southern Heavyweight title. (C-, they don't seem to click. Uh oh.)

C- Show.

Well, we'll stretch it one more month and then ease in maybe our new signing. What new signing?

Does the old saying about the "Best way to catch a thief is with another thief?" ring a bell?

So, who do you bring in as back up if your facing a group of egomaniacal thugs who don't mind the average 3 on 1 attack?

Any guesses? (If you want to send by PM, that's fine)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #81
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Assuming that the workers are similarly skilled to how they were in DOTT, you're in a hell of a pickle. Assuming that the various contracts & obligations are similar, that complicates matters even further.

I'm impressed that you managed to wring a C- match out of Rocky in Dothan, that's more than I would have expected. I actually went back & looked at your starting roster, Dundee is almost certainly the best option you've got in that crowd at this point, the gap between him & the next best option seems very large.

I know what I'd do in this situation (I think) ... but a steady parade of loaners is a temporary fix at best, not to mention one that carries risk of bad chemistry. Better you than me buddy, better you than me
Old 05-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #82
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, with no Weekly Super Shows this month (I'll look at the financials at the end of the month and see what they look like), it's the Spartanburg Memorial Auitorium, and it's time for the

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 1 June Att:3,217

Pre-Card: In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Sting defeated Chic Donovan in 7:30 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock.

In an extremely short match, Eddie Gilbert defeated The Colorado Kid in 5:25 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex. (D-) (Colorado Kid off his game)

Main Card:

Bill Dundee calls out Austin Idol: "Idol, I know you and your cronies are back stage. I have a tag team back stage, that wants a piece of you... so how about tonight we do a little 3 on 3 match.. you, Rich, and Bigelow against me and my tag team?"

Idol comes out: "Bill.. if you want the same treatment we gave Lawler and Slaughter, you got it. You're going to be the SECOND legend we run out of the CWA!" (C, Cornette helped Idol)

Eddie Gilbert comes out: "I swore never to come to CWA while the stink of that (censored) Lawler was here.. but guess what? He's gone, and the CWA fans traded up, because they got Hot Stuff. I'm here, I'm hot, and I'm not going anywhere (E+, I think the fans do want him to go somewhere, anywhere away from here)

Jim Cornette, Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow and Tommy Rich are seen talking backstage. Cornette's voice is heard. "Don't worry. If we can't beat em, we'll buy em. We are the most elite congregation of wrestlers in the CWA.. and by hook, or crook, we will stay that way!" (D+)

In the final TV Title Tournament Quarterfinal (finally), In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Shawn Michaels defeated Big Bubba in 7:31 by pinfall with a Superkick (D)

Bill Dundee comes out. "We have a pack of demons loose in the CWA. Bam Bam Bigelow. Tommy Rich. Austin Idol. They're right, they have the resources that mean any one who they think they can't beat, they'll buy off. But you see, I decided to do something Jerry would love. I decided to get me two men who the Golden Boys can't beat, and who they can't buy. I went down to a certain street in Atlanta, fought my way down to the last house on the right, knocked on the door, and invited these two men to the CWA.

They say to catch a thief, it takes a thief. So to help me beat three of the roughest, sneakiest sonofaguns in CWA, I brought in two of the roughest, sneakiest fighters in the world. Ladies and gentlemen, the CWA is now... FREEBIRD COUNTRY....."

Could it be? It most certainly could and it is, as to the strains of "Badstreet USA" Michael PS Hayes and Terry "BamBam" Gordy step out.. grinning at the fans..

They step into the ring, and shake hands with Bill Dundee.

Hayes: "You see, CWA, us Freebirdds are a touchy sort. We're no hand shaking, babykissin type of guys you have gotten used to in the CWA. We love a good fight, and a night out on the town. There ain't nothin those three "Golden Boys" can't do to us that we're not willing to do back to them.. So boys, you better be ready.. cuz when you step in that ring tonight, you're walkin down Badstreet USA, and you always know where to find us!" (C)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Scott Hall defeated Ricky Morton in 13:39 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge. (D+, Pringle did good work at ringside)

The main event was a memphis Brawl. The referee finally gave up on keeping both teams in their respective corners, and it turned into a Texas Tornado match.. The Golden Boys were flummoxed. They were willing to cheat, to do anything necessary to take out their opposition.. but so were the Freebirds, and the Freebirds were getting the fans behind them in doing so!

Finally, the end came, with Hayes and Dundee scrapping with Rich and Idol outside, Bigelow and Gordy were fighting inside.. Bigelow attempted to lift Gordy up for a powerbomb.. couldn't.. Gordy fought out, pushed Bigelow into the ropes, and on the rebound, hit Bigelow with the Oriental Spike! The three count was assured, and Dundee's new allies had won the first war with the Golden Boys!

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy and Bill Dundee defeated Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow and Tommy Rich in 15:41 when Terry Gordy defeated Bam Bam Bigelow by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (C)

The match is over, and Michael Hayes , Terry Gordy an Bill Dundee celebrate together in the ring for the fans. (C-)

(C- Show)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-31-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #83
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Interesting.. our top rating during the Lawler days were 0.04, we got a .06.. good start to this...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #84
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, no Weekly Super Show.. we made a small profit last month (with the Super Shows in place) despite losing the TV revenue under the new contract.. that's a hopeful sign.

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 2 June from the Jake Gaither Gymnasium in Tallahassee, Florida Att:3,365 (SOLD OUT)

The show opens with the Freebirds and Dundee in the ring:

Dundee: "I hear the Golden Boys have skedaddled and aren't here this week while they lick their wounds and figure out what they're going to do next.."

Hayes: "Well, that's easy.. they're gonna continue to get their butts whooped all over the South! Have fun planning boys, but remember, we're the masters of the plan"...

(C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass defeated JT Southern and King Cobra in 8:26 when Dirty Rhodes defeated King Cobra by pinfall with a Piledriver. Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes make defence number 4 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (D, Don Bass was off his game)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Michael Hayes defeated Mark Callous in 6:58 by pinfall with a DDT. (C-, the two have GREAT chemistry together.. something to keep in mind, not to mention the fact that it may be time to start building up Callous)

Eddie Gilbert is in the ring with a microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match. (D-.. when will folks learn that making open challenges is an invitation to a butt-kicking? Not soon, I hope)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Terry Gordy defeated Tarzan Goto in 11:28 by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (C-, Bruce Prichard, Goto's "Translator" did some good work at ringside)

Eddie Gilbert's open challenge was met.. by the Marine Corps Hymm.. yup, the Sarge had accepted Eddie's open challenge... Pretty good match too, Eddie did look halfway decent, but in the end, was locked in the Cobra Clutch, and that was all they wrote.

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Eddie Gilbert in 13:58 by submission with a Cobra Clutch. (C)

Slaughter addresses the fans: "I know that slimeball traitor Rich isn't here.. but I'll tell him this. He escaped last time, he won't escape this time. I don't endorse the tactics that Bill and his new friends are using, but sometimes, you have to fight fire with fire. And Wildfire, this ain't done between you and me!" (C)

(C- show, not bad for not having any of our top three heels at all)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #85
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

CWA Championship Wrestling from the Ozark Civic Center, in Ozark, AR (Att:3,698) (Week 3 June)

Pre-Card: In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol & Tommy Rich defeated Sting and Scott Steiner in 17:46 when Austin Idol defeated Scott Steiner by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (Rich is apparently injured, I didn't see any notification of that) (C-)

TV:

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Michael Hayes defeated Big Bubba in 6:49 by pinfall. (D)

Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow and Tommy Rich attack Michael Hayes in the ring, and leave him down and out. But Bill Dundee runs in to make the save before to much damage is done (D+)

The Golden Boys start arguing with each other in the walkway, apparently they had expected that they would be running things, and Dundee's plans have thrown it all asunder (D+)

Bill Dundee does an interview in which he challenges Bam Bam Bigelow. Bigelow comes out and accepts, setting up a singles bout between the two. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Rocky Johnson defeated Eddie Gilbert in 12:24 by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (C, and great chemistry. Congrats, Rocky, you've saved yourself a bit, and maybe we can get a feud going here)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Mark Callous in 6:52 by submission with a Cobra Clutch. (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bill Dundee defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 14:15 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C, I told them to go all out because this was the fourth time they've faced each other, and it would be penalized if it wasn't the best)

Final Rating: C-

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-31-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #86
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, I found out the source of Tommy Rich's injury:

Apparently, he fractured his arm at the NWA Eddie Graham Memorial 1987 (in a great match against someone we just signed).

Hmm.. I smell Danger (He's currently scheduled to face Sgt Slaughter at the big monthly card). Or, considering my last new signing.. an opportunity.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #87
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Flowers Hall in Florence, AL:

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 4 June,

Austin Idol is interviewed backstage by Bruce Prichard, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Bill Dundee. (C, helped by Cornette)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Terry Gordy defeated Mr. Shima in 12:12 by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (C-)

Russell and Cornette Hype the feud between Bigelow and Idol and Tommy Rich against Hayes and Gordy and Bill Dundee from the comfort of their announcers table. (C)

Cornette has a big announcement: "Tommy Rich has a broken arm, and thus will not be able to compete against Sgt Slaughter at the Supercard this month. But don't worry, James E Cornette, Incorporated has many resources available to it, and I can announce to the world that at the Supercard, that my new signing, the new Golden Boy will be revealed. (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Dirty Rhodes in 11:11 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C-)

Rocky Johnson is in the ring, and Eddie Gilbert comes out:

"Hot Stuff has something to say to you, Soulman. I've watched many a card with you all over the USA. Wrestling you last week was an honor. You're a legend in this buisness.."

(pause for a couple seconds)

"But Hot Stuff's going to be a Legend-Killer"

Hot Stuff attacks Johnson, and beats him down, soaking up the boos of the crowd on his way out (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol and Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Sting and Shawn Michaels in 12:46 when Austin Idol defeated Sting by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C-)

C- Show
Old 05-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #88
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Last Card for now:

(ah, eddie gilbert.. causes damage to Don Bass's rental and refuses to pay for it.. Looks like those two aren't liking each other much)

July SUPERCARD From the Trojan Arena, in Troy, Alabama

Pre Card In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Rocky Johnson and Curt Hennig (on loan from AWA)( defeated Eddie Gilbert and Mr. Shima in 17:54 when Curt Hennig defeated Eddie Gilbert by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (D+)

Main Card:
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Shawn Michaels defeated Scott Hall, Jeff Jarrett and Tarzan Goto in 11:30 when Shawn Michaels defeated Jeff Jarrett by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. Shawn Michaels wins the CWA Television Title title. (D-)

Michael Hayes is backstage, psyching up Terry Gordy for his upcoming match. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Terry Gordy defeated Dutch Mantell in 14:25 by pinfall with a Powerbomb. (D+, Gordy off his game, and Gordy and Mantell don't click)

Sgt. Slaughter had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Tommy Rich, "Or whoever that traitor throws in my way" (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes defeated Ricky Morton and Sting in 9:38 when Don Bass defeated Sting by pinfall with a handful of tights. Don Bass and Dirty Rhodes make defence number 5 of their AWA Southern Tag Team titles. (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bill Dundee defeated Austin Idol in a Falls Count Anywhere match in 17:37 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C)

Idol and Bigelow attack Sgt. Slaughter backstage, and leave him down and out. (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Michael Hayes defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in a Badstreet Brawl match in 12:47 by pinfall following botched interference by Jim Cornette. (C)

As Sgt Slaughter waits in the cage that has been set up around the entire ringside area, Bruce Prichard asks Jim Cornette: "Where is your man? Where is Tommy Rich or his replacement?"

Cornette: "He's back stage. Now, not everyone can be a Golden Boy, not everyone can be managed by Jim Cornette, the manager of champions.. but I went out and found the man who's not only the spitting image of Tommy Rich, but is just as good a fighter. Slaughter will still get his title shot at some point, but tonight he has to face the Fourth Golden Boy.. BARRY WINDHAM!" (C)

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Barry Windham defeated Sgt. Slaughter in 14:50 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. (C+)

(C show)
Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #89
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just a heads up: There will be no updates for a couple days.,. the storms yesterday apparently left my computer DOA. Hopefully it's just the fuses or the power supply. I'll update when I know more.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:34 PM   #90
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So wait - there's an '87 mod...a '95 mod and a 2001 mod?

Fuck...i'd been holding out to see just how much playing time i got out of TEW2007 before tiring of it, but man my resolve is dying by the second.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-02-2011 at 11:34 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #91
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The 97 one I'm doing is called "Montreal Aftermath" Yeah, the good news is, the computer issues look to have been fixed, I'm doing some recovery stuff now, but it doesn't look like the game was affected
Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #92
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Scott Hall has heat with Randy Hales, he thinks that Hales is sandbagging him backstage, and it almost drags out into fisticuffs.

Back by unpopular demand it's:

WEEKLY SUPER SHOW From the Attack Athletics Center in Chicago (att:1,000 SOLD OUT)

In an extremely short match, Bill Dundee defeated Big Bubba in 4:38 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Scott Hall defeated Curt Hennig in 11:06 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge. (C-, Great Chemistry)

Sgt. Slaughter does an interview in which he challenges Barry Windham. Windham comes out and accepts, setting up a singles bout between the two. (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Terry Gordy defeated Dutch Mantell in 12:22 by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (D, Awkward Chemistry)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Barry Windham in 14:47 by submission with a Cobra Clutch. (C)

(C- Show)
Old 06-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #93
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Ozark Civic Center in Ozark Alabama, it's the

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 1 July

Pre-TV In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Michael Hayes defeated Tarzan Goto in 15:24 by pinfall. (C, great chemistry)

Main Card:

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Shawn Michaels defeated Mr. Shima in 11:02 by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. Shawn Michaels makes defence number 1 of his CWA Television Title title. (D+, pretty good chemistry)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee defeated Dutch Mantell in 11:22 when Dutch Mantell was disqualified when Austin Idol ran in and attacked Bill Dundee. (C)

Idol and Cornette attack Michael Hayes backstage, and leave him down and out. (C)

Hayes gets up, and dusts himself off, while holding his side. "Mr Daddy-o, you just made a mistake, because tonight you're facing my Freebird Brother, Bam Bam Terry Gordy and you just brought yourself a world of pain, Freebird style!"

Bill Dundee joins Hayes "Idol! You want to run me off like you cheated to get Jerry gone? Fine.. next month's supercard, you and me, in a steel cage. I'll put up my career to get my hands on you.. and this time there's going to be no one to break into the cage..!" (C+.. um Bill, aren't you playing into Idol's hands?)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Terry Gordy defeated Austin Idol in 12:42 by pinfall with an Oriental Spike following interference from Michael PS Hayes (D+)

Terry Gordy is being attacked by Idol and Cornette in the ring. Seeing the assault, Bill Dundee comes running in and fights them both off, saving Gordy from a serious beating. (C-)

(C- Show)
Old 06-04-2011, 03:08 AM   #94
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just so you can get the feeling of the CWA: Here's a classic CWA match from April 27th, 1987. Austin Idol vs Jerry Lawler, in a steel cage. Hair vs Hair. This is what I was building up to before WWF butted in:

Note: This is only part 1, but the other parts are available on YouTube

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-04-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:19 AM   #95
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Hamilton Ice Arena, in Columbus, IN, it's the Week 2 July SUPER SHOW (Att:804)

PRe-Card: In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Dutch Mantell defeated Curt Hennig in 13:41 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics.

Main Card:

Idol and Windham attack Bill Dundee in the ring, and leave him down and out. But Sgt. Slaughter runs in to make the save before to much damage is done. (D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rocky Johnson and Jeff Jarrett defeated Chic Donovan and Eddie Gilbert in 11:44 when Rocky Johnson defeated Chic Donovan by pinfall with a Johnson Shuffle. (D+)

Dundee and Slaughter challenge Idol and Windham to a cage match TONIGHT (D+)

Idol and Windham accept (D+)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Sgt. Slaughter and Bill Dundee defeated Barry Windham and Austin Idol in 21:47 when Bill Dundee defeated Austin Idol by pinfall with a Small Package. (C, despite Windham being a bit off his game)

Dundee and Slaughter celebrate for the fans (D+)
Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 AM   #96
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We get two bits of news. One great, one great but scary.

The good news: Tommy Rich has healed. So, we can blow off the SLaughter feud at the next month card and move him on..

The Scary News: With our cards in the great lakes, we have hit D+ popularity in a second location, and thus have gone Cult.

But that's in a bit.. right now it's time to do our weekly TV Show: From a sold out (ATT:3,000) Birmingham Jefferson Hall it's:

CWA Championship Wrestling Week 2 July

Jim Cornette and Austin Idol comes out for an interview, and tell Bill Dundee that their challenge for a cage match, with Dundee's CWA career on the line, is accepted. "You're leaving CWA, daddy-o, just like Lawler did!" (C-)

Windham and Rich attack Terry Gordy backstage, and leave him down and out. (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Shawn Michaels drew with Scott Hall in a CWA Television Title match in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (C-)

A frustrated Scott Hall beats up Michaels after the match. (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Austin Idol defeated Ricky Morton in 14:23 by submission with a Las Vegas Leglock. (C-)

In the Main Event of the evening: In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy defeated Barry Windham and Tommy Rich in 12:23 when Terry Gordy defeated Tommy Rich by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (C+, and the Freebird push continues...)

The Golden Boys hit the ring to try to get revenge, but Hayes and Gordy see it coming, and slide out to celebrate with the fans (C-)

C- show

Last edited by SirFozzie : 06-04-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #97
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From Attack Athletics, it's the Week 3 Super Show: (Att:907)

Warning, this is a throwaway card, I need to work on the TV side, so I just set up three matches

In an extremely poor match, Shawn Michaels defeated Tarzan Goto in 12:05 by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. (D-)

Chic Donovan attacks Michael Hayes backstage, and leaves him down and out. (E+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sting defeated Mr. Shima in 13:01 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (D)

Michael Hayes has an interview in which he taunts Chic Donovan. (D+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Michael Hayes defeated Chic Donovan in 16:42 by pinfall. (D-)

Michael Hayes makes a promise: After the super show, Tommy Rich will not be world champion. It may be Sgt Slaughter, it may be "someone else".. which makes no sense (who is going to beat Rich if Slaughter doesn't, that's the next Title Defense).. but Tommy Rich and the Golden Boys will not be champion after the Super Show. (D+)

D- Show.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #98
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Jake Gaither Gym in Tallahassee, it's CWA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING WEEK 3 JULY:

Dundee and Hayes and Terry Gordy have an interview in which they taunt Idol and Bigelow. Dundee says he's heard Idol is bad mouthing him and crying that he wants it written into the contract that if Dundee does not win, then Dundee has to leave CWA. Fine. "We'll sign a contract tonight"... he promises (C-)

In a CWA Television title match that had some good action and average heat, Shawn Michaels drew with Scott Hall in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (C-, will these two EVER go to a finish?)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Dundee, Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes defeated Bam Bam Bigelow and Mr. Rising Sun & Tarzan Goto in 12:39 when Terry Gordy defeated Mr. Shima by pinfall with a Powerbomb. (D+, shouldn't have checked slow build)

Bruce Prichard is in the ring for the contract signing: Idol says he's glad that Dundee's a man of his word.. because he hears its hard for liars to get jobs these days, because in two weeks at the supercard, he's going to be needing one.

Dundee says "Don't believe all that you say, Idol. It's right there in black and white.. EVERYTHING's there in black and white." (What an odd choice of words, huh?)

Idol signs, and laughs. Dundee signs, and he's also grinning. Who's holding the hidden ace here? (C-)

Gilbert and Idol attack Rocky Johnson in the ring, and leave him down and out. But Sgt. Slaughter runs in to make the save before to much damage is done. (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Rocky Johnson and Sgt. Slaughter defeated Austin Idol and Eddie Gilbert in 11:58 when Sgt. Slaughter defeated Eddie Gilbert by submission with a Cobra Clutch. Idol attempted to bring a steel chair into the ring, but Bill Dundee ran off Idol after grabbing the steel chair for him. Dundee yells "You signed it, Austin, now you deal with it!" (C)

C- show
Old 06-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #99
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

From the Patten Gymnasium, here's an extended two hour weekly super show!

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson defeated Dirty Rhodes and Don Bass in 16:38 when Dirty Rhodes was deliberately) counted out while fighting Ricky Morton. (C-)

Eddie Gilbert Challenges Terry Gordy (E)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Scott Steiner defeated Tarzan Goto in 12:35 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. (D)

Austin Idol & Tommy Rich attack Bill Dundee in the ring (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Dutch Mantell defeated Shawn Michaels in 17:45 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D+)

Terry Gordy promises that Eddie Gilbert is in a world of pain. (E+)

Dundee and Sgt. Slaughter come to the ring and challenge Austin Idol & Tommy Rich to a match. (C-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Terry Gordy defeated Eddie Gilbert in 11:48 by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bill Dundee and Sgt. Slaughter defeated Austin Idol & Tommy Rich in 21:43 when Sgt. Slaughter defeated Austin Idol by submission with a Cobra Clutch. (C)

Austin Idol & Tommy Rich attack Dundee and Sgt. Slaughter in the ring, but only end up getting beaten down themselves (D)

Having just picked up the victory, Sgt. Slaughter and Dundee celebrate in the ring. (D+)

(C- Show)
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #100
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok: With one week of TV and one weekly super show to go before the August Supercard, here's what the card looks like: Feel free to guess the winners, plus a bonus question:
Scott Steiner and Sting vs Bam Bam Bigelow and Barry Windham
Jeff Jarrett vs Mr Shima
World Tag Titles: Bass & Rhodes (C) vs Rock and Roll Express
Shawn Michaels vs Scott Hall (No time limit, NOT for the TV Title)
Eddie Gilbert vs Rocky Johnson
Bill Dundee vs Austin Idol: (Dundee's career on the line)
CWA Southern Heavyweight Championship: Tommy Rich (C) vs Sgt Slaughter

Bonus question: What's in that contract that Austin Idol signed that has Bill Dundee so amped up?