Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: When is the best time to draft?
Right f'ing now! 2 16.67%
Let's wait for the game to come out 7 58.33%
We draft now but have the ability to change teams (within certian guidelines) later 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #51
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
If we means a limited number of people, then sure - I agree.

I know I'm being a pain in the ass and pissing people off here, but I just have serious problems if this is how we are starting - by the majority voting for something and then a small minority discussing it and deciding to change it.

Not a good sign for the future.

I disagree, this is THE time to discuss and evolve while we are waiting for the game to drop. The first weeks of a league are the most important to work out the features and rules that can be adressed before release. It is when you have the most captive audience and can implement changes without harming any individual player. It is also the time when you can weed out people that don't want to participate by them not involving in these decisions.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 07-02-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #52
wade moore
lolzcat

I get your implication. Show me where these decisions were that I was uninvolved in.

I've been reading the East Coast threads.

I went back and re-read them.

There's a vote and then magically the thread takes a 180 after the vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #53
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
I get your implication. Show me where these decisions were that I was uninvolved in.

I've been reading the East Coast threads.

I went back and re-read them.

There's a vote and then magically the thread takes a 180 after the vote.

See this thread.

http://operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=65908
Old 07-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #54
wade moore
lolzcat

Just re-read this thread again.

I see where it turned. In less than 24 hours a few guys (some of which had already said they wanted to draft now) agreed with Detox when he threw out the prelim draft idea.

By no means was it a majority.

Things like this that have a major impact on the league should be up for a vote. Not a vote, people think one thing, and then a secondary idea is posted in the thread - a few guys agree and boom, the vote doesn't matter.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #55
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post

Proves my point.

On 6/19 we decided 3 conferences.

Magically on 6/22 there is a post saying "we're at 4 conferences now!".

Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #56
Mike1409
High School Varsity

and in following this thread, you see that several people agreed that picking just 3 conferences made it difficult to choose teams on the criteria that we set, so people changed their opinion which changed the balance of the votes.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #57
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
and in following this thread, you see that several people agreed that picking just 3 conferences made it difficult to choose teams on the criteria that we set, so people changed their opinion which changed the balance of the votes.

I count 4 people that said they were cool with switching to 4 conferences.

One who voted for 4 initially.

Initially 2 people (me and KWhit) voted for 4 conferences.

So that would make 5 votes for switching conferences if you count the posts in this thread.

Again - this was a small, vocal minority pushing something through that went against what the majority voted for.

Puts a very sour taste in my mouth right now about this league.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #58
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Just re-read this thread again.

I see where it turned. In less than 24 hours a few guys (some of which had already said they wanted to draft now) agreed with Detox when he threw out the prelim draft idea.

What the hell are you talking about? Two people voted to draft now and three people voted to draft now, with the ability to change teams later. That makes 5. Seven people voted to wait.

I, along with Mike, said we would rather draft now, instead of waiting as we originally voted. Removing two from "wait", and adding two to "now" makes it 7 to 5 in favor of "now." Unless you think both of us are lying, and we did not make up two of the seven "wait" votes, how does your statement make any sense at all?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #59
RedKingGold
College Starter

God, everyone needs to chill out.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #60
KWhit
Coordinator

yy
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #61
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Two people voted to draft now and three people voted to draft now, with the ability to change teams later. That makes 5. Seven people voted to wait.

I, along with Mike, said we would rather draft now, instead of waiting as we originally voted. Removing two from "wait", and adding two to "now" makes it 7 to 5 in favor of "now." Unless you think both of us are lying, and we did not make up two of the seven "wait" votes, how does your statement make any sense at all?

How do you know the two "now" votes are ok with team switching later?

I know that may sound silly - but either way the vote just changed out of nowhere.

whatever.

Like I said, this is just a bad sign if this is how this league is going to be run imo. Is this what we're going to do with slider rules too? Timelines for getting games completed? etc, etc, etc?

If we vote, we should go with that vote. If we think there should be a re-vote because of more information, there should be a re-vote.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #62
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Honestly Wade, I have no problem with you, and sure things so far have could've gone better, but you're taking this way too serious. If you don't like it, leave. I am not saying you have to at all, and I'd love to have you come kickoff time, but if you're just going to be negative over an Xbox 360 league, then don't bother.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #63
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Honestly Wade, I have no problem with you, and sure things so far have could've gone better, but you're taking this way too serious. If you don't like it, leave. I am not saying you have to at all, and I'd love to have you come kickoff time, but if you're just going to be negative over an Xbox 360 league, then don't bother.

Way to defuse the situation there, chief.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:56 PM   #64
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We're all here to have fun. I think everyone signed up for this league are good people, I just don't want to see the league turn into a bitch fest. And no I am not saying Wade is bitching, he has legit gripes, but it's the way things broke. I'd rather just fix this now before it gets out of control and we get too deep into this.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #65
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

Quote:
We're all here to have fun. I think everyone signed up for this league are good people, I just don't want to see the league turn into a bitch fest. And no I am not saying Wade is bitching, he has legit gripes, but it's the way things broke. I'd rather just fix this now before it gets out of control and we get too deep into this.

Isn't this what the commish does? I agree it is better to get all the issues out up front then have things fester?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #66
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Uh, Wade is cool and all, but if he quits, can I have Virginia?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #67
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

actually, he said it nicer than i would have.

i've been following the drama in this league (well, the drama that has basically come from wade) because, fortunately, my league has been finished with picking teams a while ago.

wade should find another league to play in. he wants to bring his IHOF way of doing things, the "this decision is the most important decision and requires a completely unnecessary amount of conversation and debate to make sure what we decide on is the proper course of action" type of uber seriousness that has no place in a silly make believe league.

personally, i don't know why a draft was even held if people can take another team once the game comes out. i think that's the way it is in the NOFL also. we all started these leagues a bit too premature, but once we started talking about FOFC leagues we got a little too ahead of ourselves and over-excited and jumped the gun. in a way it's good that all this chitter chatter happened now so that there's little downtime and delay once the game is out, but the drama by wade about votes concerning a game that hasn't even come out yet is silly. why do things have to be voted, re-voted, discussed a lot. its just a silly league for a video game. i hope wade didn't act this way when it came time for cowboys and indians way back when. when did the business of setting up what should be a fun league become a business? i see what wade is saying, how such acts make having votes moot, but in the end it's just for fun. you're not gonna win any money for winning in your league, just play and have fun. no one has an agenda, if votes are overturned by the vocal few it's to make the league better, no one is trying to screw other people out. no one else seems to be causing such a big hoopla.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #68
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
actually, he said it nicer than i would have.

i've been following the drama in this league (well, the drama that has basically come from wade) because, fortunately, my league has been finished with picking teams a while ago.

wade should find another league to play in. he wants to bring his IHOF way of doing things, the "this decision is the most important decision and requires a completely unnecessary amount of conversation and debate to make sure what we decide on is the proper course of action" type of uber seriousness that has no place in a silly make believe league.

personally, i don't know why a draft was even held if people can take another team once the game comes out. i think that's the way it is in the NOFL also. we all started these leagues a bit too premature, but once we started talking about FOFC leagues we got a little too ahead of ourselves and over-excited and jumped the gun. in a way it's good that all this chitter chatter happened now so that there's little downtime and delay once the game is out, but the drama by wade about votes concerning a game that hasn't even come out yet is silly. why do things have to be voted, re-voted, discussed a lot. its just a silly league for a video game. i hope wade didn't act this way when it came time for cowboys and indians way back when. when did the business of setting up what should be a fun league become a business? i see what wade is saying, how such acts make having votes moot, but in the end it's just for fun. you're not gonna win any money for winning in your league, just play and have fun. no one has an agenda, if votes are overturned by the vocal few it's to make the league better, no one is trying to screw other people out. no one else seems to be causing such a big hoopla.

I think we "locked" into the NOFL our teams.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #69
Anthony
Banned

cool, whatever. i like the Duke mascot.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #70
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

2.3 YPC
Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not that this discussion even belongs in this thread, but we clearly voted to lock into our teams in the NOFL and all choices were/are binding.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-03-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #72
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Not that this discussion even belongs in this thread, but we clearly voted to lock into our teams in the NOFL and all choices were/are binding.

Hey JV get off the Varsity's field.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #73
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Old 07-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #74
DeToxRox
Head Coach

You ought to be banned