Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #51
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Goodbye The Secret World, Hello Secret World Legends:

https://secretworldlegends.com/#home

Basically the original game will still exist on another server, the new game will be available just on Steam to start with it. and is now a shared world RPG. You get one character for free have to pay for more. None of your characters can transfer over to the new game, so everybody will start new. All content in the new game is supposed to be free, but we shall see how true that is. You can play solo or with a group.

The old game will still be alive, there will be just no new content updates.

And this game has gone live today or will shortly. One correction to this post is that it starts later, the end of July on Steam. I think they did this to help with server loads and queues which may have been a smart thing after problems during the head start this weekend.

Another change is that it looks like there is more than one character slot to start with now (maybe eight, but can't confirm until I get into the game myself.) I've seen the new tutorial, and a few new things there. You start out with a class, but you are not bound to it, you can level any skill you want from the beginning. And you start as a level 1 character now. No more "skill-wheel"

Combat has been updated into a more modern, action-oriented system (reminds me a lot on Wildstar's system with telegraphs to dodge from). Crafting has been done away with, but you apparently can still upgrade your items by using other items of the same kind in some way.

You still choose one of three "clans" to begin with, though its supposedly easier to group with anyone regardless of clans. Old Secret Worlds characters still do not transfer over, but there is still a way to get some of your "vanity" items when you first reach the "mystical train" area (Agartha?)

Otherwise, its looking very much the same with regards to quests (though now you can only have one of each quest type active) and zones. Not sure how much if any they have changed the look of the zones or available quests. Everything in the game now and in the future is still supposed to be free-though they do have a cash shop to buy vanity items and the like.

I will certainly check it out when it goes live on Steam, but I never got far in the original because the modern-day setting never appealed that much to me and the focus on modern-day weapons. (though there is magic classes/abilities)

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-26-2017 at 06:39 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:02 PM   #52
Thomkal
Head Coach

Secret World Legends now available on Steam
Old 08-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #53
Thomkal
Head Coach

Secret World..the tv series?

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/...rld-tv-series/

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-15-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #54
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have an extra key to Keystone (now called the Amazing Eternals). It's primarily a team shooter with board game elements added in. I believe it will be free to play when it exits beta, with a cash shop. It has a 50's/60' sci-fi feel to it-you are playing as one of the characters on the board. First person to post here will get the key.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th.../1100-6453075/

Last edited by Thomkal : 09-05-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #55
Thomkal
Head Coach

well after 20 years, Ultima Online has gone F2P:

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/ultima-...MMOBomb.com%29
Old 05-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #56
Thomkal
Head Coach

A bit of MMO news to talk about here. After 8 years of being only available in the East, the most (?) popular MMO in Japan has finally become available in the West. Phantasy Star Online 2 will be available for pre-download at 11pm PDT tonight and goes live around 5 am EST on Wed. The game itself is free though of course there is an item store for cosmetics and the like. The game is already out on the X-Box for about a month now if you'd rather play it there.

It has a techie/scifi/anime kind of feel to it. I've only seen a couple of let's plays of it and its looks a bit intimidating at first-your character is based on a hub-very sci-fi in nature where there are a ton of quest givers/stores/other systems to deal with and there's at least one more zone off that hub where you can/have to go for more of the same. There are 8 years of development here where they have come up with new quest types to give/items to use/game systems to discover. Can't really tell you much about how combat works.

Game will be available for PC through the Microsoft store and maybe the PSO website?

PSO2 - Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Site

Last edited by Thomkal : 05-26-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #57
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I had posted in one of the COVID threads about two MMO's DDO Online and LOTR Online freeing up some of their paid content to help pass the time. They extended the period it was free through August I think, but now they have decided to give some (a lot) of that content for free if you go to the store (in-game) and enter a code. Details here:

You Can Permanently Add LotRO And DDO Quest Packs To Your Accounts Until Aug. 31 - MMO Bomb
Old 06-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #58
Thomkal
Head Coach

In case you missed it, Phantasy Star Online-a huge MMO in Asia has released Phantasy Star Online 2-New Genesis yesterday in the West. It's a graphical update of the old game, as well as a new game some years in the future (though you can play with the same character in both games).

Be warned its a huge download, but thankfully a much smoother one than when it was just on Microsoft Store-Epic and Steam have it now. I could play the original game on my computer before the update-sadly now I'm told my computer can't handle it.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #59
Thomkal
Head Coach

So MMOBomb.com has released a new site, GamerCoins.com where without having to sign up/pay for anything you can get codes to use in your favorite MMORPG's. Don't even need to sign up on the site, just hit the claim button for the game of your choice:

Announcing Our Latest Project: GamerCoins Beta Launches, Hundreds Of Free Game Codes Up Now!