Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #351
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I have it pre-ordered. I played through Borderlands 2 with some friends. We loved it. Played through it a few times. I think the Tiny Tina DLC is one of the best DLCs I've ever bought. Absolutely great.

We've been playing with the BL2 DLC they just added to lead into BL3 and should be firing up BL3 this week.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #352
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

got my account back. whew
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #353
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Borderlands 3... can't wait to grab it this weekend.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:21 AM   #354
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

So what happened?

I remember years ago when someone from Russia tried to log into my account but luckily he didn't succeed.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #355
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Glad you were hacked because I got some steam messages from you yesterday and you were a dick
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #356
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Glad you were hacked because I got some steam messages from you yesterday and you were a dick

it's what I do...
Old 09-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #357
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thank you Coffee Warlord for informing me quickly that I was hacked! <3
Old 09-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #358
Izulde
Head Coach

I haven't beaten it yet, but after playing it quite a bit, I've pretty much settled on 6.5/10 for Greedfall (with 0.5 points tacked on due to it being a small studio).

The more I play it, the more I settle in on "Not bad, but not great, either" in pretty much every facet of the game (except the romance options - those are all uninspiring and poorly time-gated, reducing the sense of accomplishment in completing an arc).

Here's to hoping it's successful enough to allow Spiders to expand their team and do better next go-round with more resources.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #359
RainMaker
General Manager

While I'm enjoying Borderlands, the map UI is horrendous. It doesn't show you side missions on the map you're on. You have to use the fast travel map and see where they are, then remember the location when you get there.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:44 PM   #360
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
While I'm enjoying Borderlands, the map UI is horrendous. It doesn't show you side missions on the map you're on. You have to use the fast travel map and see where they are, then remember the location when you get there.

That hasn't been my experience.

Are you using the left- and right-directional buttons to make a particular sidequest actively tracked? They show up just fine on the UI map when you do that. You sometimes have to use the fast travel map to figure out how to get to them if you run into a dead-end canyon or something, yeah, but using the quest tracking I haven't had any trouble finding my side missions.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #361
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So somehow in someway this happened:

I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator on Steam
Old 10-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #362
Izulde
Head Coach

Mom Draws Massive, Highly Detailed Zelda: Breath of the Wild Map

Amazing map. Makes me wish I was a fan of the series.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #363
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Do you like your dates extra crispy or original flavor?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:26 AM   #364
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well THAT was different.

Playing MW, three games of TDM (since my preferred FFA is among the modes not available on launch day) and I get to Lvl 4 and can customize loadouts.

I do the first one, move to the second, and ... BUZZZZ ... and my console didn't just freeze/lockup, it crashed so hard it powered down & off.

I've seen a lot of buggy shit on release but can't say that I recall one so bad that it literally turned off my console.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:47 PM   #365
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Minor update: FFA mode went live on MW about 3p eastern.

Haven't hardcrashed again (knock on wood) but that spectre sure looms large in my head after last night.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #366
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Urtuk: The Desolation

Found this game on a 4x site, a one man studio, releasing on Steam Q1 2020 but you can purchase early access for $15.

Really cool combat system and art style.

Urtuk: The Desolation by madsheepstudios
Old 10-28-2019, 10:49 AM   #367
Izulde
Head Coach

Great work by Skybound Entertainment on the final season of The Walking Dead Telltale Games series. Man, I'd love to be a writer for video games or M:tG.

Started up Outer Worlds this weekend. Planned to play a good dude. Murdered someone in the first town. My current NPC kill count is like 4 or 5 so far.

Old 10-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #368
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

COD MW - finally a campaign again and it's a blast so far, and in 4k hdr, it's the best looking game I've played so far on xb1x

Last edited by MizzouRah : 10-30-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #369
Ramzavail
College Starter

I have an extra copy of Battletech burning a hole in my PC pocket. Let me know if anybody wants to offer something for it.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:42 PM   #370
Groundhog
Coordinator

Picked up Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC a few days ago. Outside of the shitty experience actually downloading and installing via the Rockstar Games page/downloader, I'm having a blast, and I haven't even made it past the tutorial intro portion of the game (at least I assume that's what it is).
Old 11-21-2019, 08:37 AM   #371
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
New Half-Life game is coming! Not HL3, but more like 1.5 as the main character in the VR game is Alyx. More details are to be announced at noon Central.

hxxps://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/20971514/valve-announces-half-life-alyx-its-first-flagship-vr-game
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #372
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Old 11-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #373
cartman
Death Herald

hxxps://www.theverge.com/2019/11/21/20975423/half-life-alyx-vr-price-release-date-screenshots-trailer-valve-steam

some key points:

Quote:
But if all these things make you think it’s just going to be another glorified tech demo for VR, you might want to read Valve programmer David Speyrer’s answers to a few questions we asked:

1) “It’s not a side story, nor an episodic one — it’s the next part of the Half-Life story, in a game around the same length as Half-Life 2.”

2) “While it does take place before the events of Half-Life 2, we actually recommend that you play through Half-Life 2: Episode 2 before you play Half-Life: Alyx, for reasons that will become clear as you progress.”

3) “Of course, we’ll have to wait and see how people react to Half-Life: Alyx once it’s out, but we’d love to continue pushing forward.”
Old 11-21-2019, 01:01 PM   #374
SackAttack
Head Coach

Got into the GOG Galaxy 2.0 beta last night. Kinda neat how it's able to connect with everything (including console stuff) but it's got some display bugs on that front. Showing PS4 games as Xbox games (and vice versa) and showing demos downloaded 5 years ago as part of my library.

Still neat, but definitely a WIP.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #375
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anybody tried Jedi Fallen Order yet?
Old 12-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #376
Thomkal
Head Coach

I don't have a Nintendo Switch, so I'm not sure how good these games are, but you can get 10 games free if you follow these steps:

10 Free Nintendo Switch Games Are Up For Grabs--Here's How To Get Them - GameSpot
Old 12-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #377
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Anybody tried Jedi Fallen Order yet?

The gameplay is similar to Sekiro with the level design of a Souls game as well. It borrows heavily from multiple games across its different systems , but does everything fairly well. The only knock I'd put on the gameplay is nothing really feels new. It's all been done before, but in the Star Wars universe this time

I'm about halfway through and the story is solid but not outstanding. It's not a RPG by any means. It's a metroidvania action game that's 100% single player with no micro-transactions. What you see is what you get.

I've been playing on hard and it's definitely a challenge. There's a ton of star wars universe lore and additional background info.

Overall I have it as a 8/10 type game (maybe 8.5) and a friend of mine that's a huge Souls fan has it as his Game of the Year.

Last edited by Atocep : 12-11-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #378
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sounds good! Thank you!
Old 12-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #379
Radii
Head Coach

Oh wow, I'm pretty much out on the Star Wars Universe so I hadn't even looked into Jedi Fallen Order, but given your comparisons to Sekiro/Souls, even if its nothing terribly new, I'll almost certainly give it a try when I'm ready for a new game.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #380
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Redbox supposedly moving games for 24.99$ or less. Use the site to find the one near you.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:55 AM   #381
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The gameplay is similar to Sekiro with the level design of a Souls game as well. It borrows heavily from multiple games across its different systems , but does everything fairly well. The only knock I'd put on the gameplay is nothing really feels new. It's all been done before, but in the Star Wars universe this time

I'm about halfway through and the story is solid but not outstanding. It's not a RPG by any means. It's a metroidvania action game that's 100% single player with no micro-transactions. What you see is what you get.

I've been playing on hard and it's definitely a challenge. There's a ton of star wars universe lore and additional background info.

Overall I have it as a 8/10 type game (maybe 8.5) and a friend of mine that's a huge Souls fan has it as his Game of the Year.

I picked this up yesterday on my day off. Playing on XB1X with HDR and surround sound, it's like I'm watching a Star Wars movie.

They definitely hit on all the little Star Wars nuances with great attention to detail. I love the fact that it jumps around having you go from battle/puzzles/exploring.

Maybe nothing revolutionary but so far it's been better than I expected. Too bad it's going to be a one and done type of game, but to me feels like Tomb Raider set in a spectacular Star Wars universe.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 01-02-2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #382
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Good lord, what happened to Blizzard?

Warcraft 3 Reforged is getting absolutely trashed by the internet right now. It has a .5 metacritic user score.

I was hoping to pick this one up too.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:50 PM   #383
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Good lord, what happened to Blizzard?

Warcraft 3 Reforged is getting absolutely trashed by the internet right now. It has a .5 metacritic user score.

I was hoping to pick this one up too.

Well they didn't deliver what they promised. If you want to play Warcraft 3 as it was originally released and not have it look like shit by today's standards then it's not bad at all. However, because Blizzard listened to the vocal minority in their community they ditched promises to tweak the story for the better and overhaul the UI. It's also somewhat buggy with some cutscenes not playing and crashes between missions.

Calling it reforged makes it sound like work was done to modernize the gameplay and other elements, which was what they were initially leading everyone to believe it would be. Instead it's just a straight Remaster.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #384
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think it goes beyond that. They also changed the ToS on mods in such a way that basically gives them ownership over anything created by the community. And they then went and applied all of the changes (aside from graphics) to the original version of the game, which is force-updated when you connect to battle.net.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #385
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Played my first round of the new Warzone add-on, basically MW does Battle Royale.

Finished 9th out of 150 (playing solo, cause I hate feeling like an albatross on strangers) without a single kill. Made it to the final circle before biting it.

I mean, I guess it's okay but the XP gain feels pretty marginal for what turned into a 29 minute investment. About the same as what I'd have gotten from 10 minutes on Shipment.

If you enjoy the BR genre then it's worth a try I guess just to see what you think but, if you're like me and don't really see much point or fun in the genre, a couple rounds is probably going to be plenty for you.

edit to add: one other note, the maps feel a bit oversized to me. I've played a handful of matches of Fortnite so that's kind of my benchmark for busy/slow and crowded/uncrowded, in each of the 3-4 matches I've played, you can be on the move steadily for several minutes at a time without encountering another player. And that's with lobbies that start at 150 players (though whether there are some bots being thrown in there to fill I can't tell you)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-14-2020 at 01:40 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:27 PM   #386
BYU 14
Coordinator

Though MLB the Show 20 looks about the same as the last 2 versions (some minor improvements in fluidity) It is IMO the best tuned out of the box of any version I have played. Playing straight All-Star default and having some great games. The relocation feature is nice too, moved the Mariners to Salt Lake and playing in the old Rangers ballpark. Now to hope they don't screw up franchise with patches.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #387
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Picked up BioShock: The Collection

Just playing through the first game again gives me chills late at night. One of the best series of games ever, imho.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:34 AM   #388
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think the new Animal Crossing due later this week has to have made their company happier than most over the virus. Bet their sales are through the roof and every kid/some adults will be playng it non-stop
Old 03-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #389
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Watched a friend play Doom Eternal and yeah, I need to grab this one.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:41 AM   #390
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I think the new Animal Crossing due later this week has to have made their company happier than most over the virus. Bet their sales are through the roof and every kid/some adults will be playng it non-stop

Picked this up to check it out, and the wife decided she wanted to try it out. Turns out you can only have one island per Switch. So if I want to play on my own island, I have to buy an entirely new game console...or I can delete my wife's save.

That's...unfortunate.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #391
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Picked this up to check it out, and the wife decided she wanted to try it out. Turns out you can only have one island per Switch. So if I want to play on my own island, I have to buy an entirely new game console...or I can delete my wife's save.

That's...unfortunate.

For your marriage that is I'm not too familiar with the series, but there is a mobile version of the Animal Crossing game that might tide one of you over before Nintendo fixes this pretty obvious omission.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:13 AM   #392
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
For your marriage that is I'm not too familiar with the series, but there is a mobile version of the Animal Crossing game that might tide one of you over before Nintendo fixes this pretty obvious omission.

Haha! Reading online, apparently this is the way it's been for all games in the series; if you wanted a separate village, you had to buy an entire new game cartridge/disc/whatever. Unfortunately with the Switch being based on Profiles, even if I bought a second version of the game I'd be stuck with the same island because of the profiles on the device. Not sure there's a fix coming, unfortunately.

Edit: I've got Stardew Valley if I really get a hankering for that type of game, I'm not too miffed about it. Fun to watch my wife get excited for a video game!

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 03-23-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 AM   #393
spleen1015
Coordinator

My wife, daughter and I are all playing the new Animal Crossing.

We've just decided we need to share more.

You have the ability to buy ticket to fly to randomly generated islands. You can gather resources on those islands. I get my resources from these random islands and let them have them on the main island.

One thing that needs to be considered when you are playing with other folks, the progress of the island is mostly tied to the person who started the island. We restarted because my wife was first to play, but we realized I should be the 'leader' because I will progress the island faster than anyone else.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #394
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing as well! Though my wife isn't into video games so I don't have to share my island .
Old 03-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #395
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The demo for Bravely Default II dropped today on the switch. It's a pleasant surprise for me because I didn't even know they were making it.

IMO the other two games in the series were some of the best games on the 3DS.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:13 PM   #396
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Everyone shares the same switch? We have 3 here
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:37 PM   #397
bhlloy
Coordinator

So I got some time with Imperator Rome as it was free on Steam (and discounted heavily so figured if I liked it I'd just grab it) - and I really don't get it. I've heard people say it's a far better game than it was at release and so it must have been really bad back then.

Positives - it doesn't crash all the time (which is an achievement for a Paradox game less than a couple years old) and is pretty nice to look at, but that's about all I can say that is good for it.

Fundamentally it feels like they based it off the wrong game, it's basically an EU4 clone (with the Total War family interface bolted almost verbatim on top which is an interesting choice) - why didn't they follow CK2 in both cases? The setting just doesn't seem to work and everything just feels jarring, like I'm playing some half baked EU4 mod that keeps the core concepts together but has just changed the era and a few of the mechanics. There doesn't appear like there's fundamentally anything to do other than ally a bunch of countries around you, declare war, blob a bit, wait for truce to expire, declare war and blob a bit more, which is the least interesting part of an EU4 game. Is that how diplomacy and warfare worked in pre-AD Britain - I can't believe it is, but even if it is it's nowhere near a fun game.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:50 PM   #398
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing as well! Though my wife isn't into video games so I don't have to share my island .

I spoke too soon (and didn't update this thread until I saw it bumped). My wife kept watching me play until she was like.... I want to play too. Oh well... well, sharing the island isn't that bad. We just have to remember not to be too greedy (until after 9pm when my wife is sleepy and I know she's not to wake before 5am when the next 'day' starts).
Old 04-03-2020, 10:32 AM   #399
spleen1015
Coordinator

Who's playing Animal Crossing?

We should exchange friend codes and visit each other.

I have peaches, pears and cherries to share. Haven't gotten apples or oranges yet.

Mums are my native flowers.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 PM   #400
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Who's playing Animal Crossing?

We should exchange friend codes and visit each other.

I have peaches, pears and cherries to share. Haven't gotten apples or oranges yet.

Mums are my native flowers.

I gotta get this game. I'm feeling a bit left out with friends and family always posting about it.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote