Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #351
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
This is what I have,

2 Suicane: , Simbo (200), Danny (110)
6 Simbo: ntn (111), PackerFanatic (115), britrock88 (154), Chubby (160), mauchow (162), bullet (232)
8 mauchow: Julio (142), Autumn (166), DaddyTorgo (170), murrayyyyy (229), JAG (112), Lathum (104), Zinto (287),saldana (116)
2 Danny: Suicane (186), Path12 (192)

i moved mine.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #352
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Calculating results.

Vote count confirmed.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #353
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
there no way Hulk is a wolf, hes the biggest good guy ever. it would be the biggest turn ever if he was a wolf

Biggest heel turn ever

Hulk Hogan Joins the NWO! Turns heel at Bash at the Beach 1996 - YouTube
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #354
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

^^i know, i was being ironic. i watch that turn every so often to remind myself just how great wrestling can be
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #355
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Damn, I thought this was the biggest turn ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G7xlzLOZH5c

Oh wait, I'm not in my NBA thread...

Last edited by murrayyyyy : 02-21-2013 at 09:26 PM.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #356
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I got delayed calculating fight results earlier at work, so this is taking a bit. I'll have results up in a half hour. Ugh. Sorry for the wait.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #357
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
^^i know, i was being ironic. i watch that turn every so often to remind myself just how great wrestling can be

Me too.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, I figured you were being ironic, but I just figured I mean...in this thread...that deserved to be posted.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #359
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
last thing i want as a villager is to toss out another villager or a roled villager, which i'm statistically more likely to do

That is a fantastic point that I had not thought of. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #360
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

DAY ONE FIGHT RESULTS

Jimmy Superfly Snuka (Lathum) leaps over to Koko B Ware (Zinto) before he can react and smashes a powerful jumping headbutt on Koko's forehead. Koko staggers back, but as he does so, he waves his meaty arms in an attempt to stave off Snuka and catches Snuka on the forehead for a blow.

The Ultimate Warrior (Julio Riddols) charges Ravishing Rick Rude (saldana), but Rude is just able to dance aside as the Warrior runs by. He strikes the Warrior in the side as he flies by. The Warrior seems little affected by it. Unfortunately for the Warrior, though, he stumbles right into a flying forearm smash by Shawn Michaels (PackerFanatic). Caught unawares, the Warrior stumbles into the ropes.

The Honky Tonk Man (JAG) points at Rick The Model Martel (britrock88), and screams, "I am coming for you, Martel! You have insulted my guitar for the last time!" Honky Tonk takes a big roundhouse swing at Martel, but The Model is too fast and dodges underneath. Honky Tonk is thus unable to escape before Martel executes an uppercut body blow to the solar plexus of the Elvis impersonator.

With Koko B. Ware under attack from Superfly Snuka, the Birdman is not able to stop Ted DiBiase (path12) from coming behind him and grabbing him in an arm choke. Koko has the last laugh, though, as he finally throws The Million Dollar Man over his shoulder and into the ropes. DiBiase is helpless as Dusty Rhodes (murrayyyyy) executes a pointed elbow drop on his shoulder, nearly bringing him to his knees. The slow Rhodes is unable to scramble out of DiBiase's reach, though, before the Million Dollar Man jabs him with a sharp uppercut to the throat. Rhodes falls back.

Rowdy Roddy Piper (Chubby) steps forward to the wary Bret The Hit Man Hart (Simbo Klice) and attempts to stomp on his foot. Hart is too fast, though, and dances out of the way. Coming back around, Hart attempts to sweep Piper's legs out from under him, but Piper jumps the sweeping leg and escapes any damage.

KOKO B WARE (Zinto) and THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR (Julio Riddols) have taken significant damage.

TED DIBIASE (path12) has taken moderate damage.

SUPERFLY SNUKA (Lathum), THE HONKY TONK MAN (JAG), and DUSTY RHODES (murrayyyyy) take light damage.

All other wrestlers escaped injury.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Half of the wrestlers turn to Hulk Hogan.

They cannot stand to be dominated by the popular wrestler any more. Several hands grab the Hulkster. At first, he stands and shakes off all comers, drawing power fromhis Hulkamaniacs.

But in the end, there are too many wrestlers coming at him. Much like in Rocky III, Hogan is lifted up by the wrestlers and tossed powerfully from the ring!

The fans watch in silence as their hero collapses to the floor. He slowly rises and glares at the wrestlers left in the ring. Then without saying another word, he stalks up the ramp and out of the auditorium.

HULK HOGAN (mauchow) was a generic wrestler.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #362
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Chubby's in this? ohh how ive waited to get revenge on him for the last WW game i played. vengance will me mine Piper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #363
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i guess this is justice after Hogan kept everyone else down all these years
Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #364
Zinto
College Starter

Of course it would almost get tied up at the last minute.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #365
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The late deadline certainly makes the mornings stagnant.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #366
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

that just means there is more time for all your wives to stare at pictures of the Ravishing One!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #367
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't realize it when we started that the night period is longer than the day period. That's unusual. I don't know that I'll have time to put together a vote / unvote chart for D1, but I will try if no one else is able to do so.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #368
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And half the fans have caused an uproar and have begun to storm the ring in protest of hulk Hogan being the first thrown out.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #369
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Hulkamaniacs attack !
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #370
Autumn
Head Coach

The fans recognize that Hulk Hogan did not have the heart of a warrior. A true warlord does not wish for the cheers of the fans, but for the cries of the vanquished.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #371
Autumn
Head Coach

I had recommended a morning nihgt deadline, because Chief wasn't sure that he'd be able to run fight results on time every night. So rather than some east coast roled player have to get up at 2 in the morning to make a night order, they can see the results in the morning.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #372
Autumn
Head Coach

I played it cautious in the first round of the fight because I wanted to get a sense of how the mechanics worked first. Now I have some idea of the likelihood of a hit, of a counterattack, of how much damage, etc.

That is how the mind of a Warlord works!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #373
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I might change that. It's harder out here on the West Coast, as you might imagine.

If it's not at this time, it would need to be around 5 a.m. before I get ready for work at home. That would be better for you guys, but harder on me.

I'll think about it today.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #374
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Processing results...

Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #375
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You all stare after the disappearing figure of Hulk Hogan as he walks into the tunnel beyond, as the loud boos of fans rain down on all of you.

Suddenly from behind you, you hear a loud commotion and a crash of metal. You all turn around and charge to the other side of the ring. And there you find Shawn Michaels (PackerFanatic) sprawled across a now collapsed table. He was thrown from the ring!

A dazed Shawn Michaels is helped up from the ground and walked out of the arena. The boos and jeers of fans get louder, as another fan favorite has left the rumble.

No one in the ring saw what happened. Well, someone saw, but who? You all look at sideways at one another, and the feeling of being amongst traitors has never been stronger.

Shawn Michaels (PackerFanatic) was a generic wrestler.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #376
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The fight deadline is returning to 1 p.m. PDT (4 p.m. EST) today, which will be its normal time. So get your fight actions in.

The lynch deadline will remain at 7 p.m. PDT (10 p.m. EST), but I work at the second job, so results will not run into later tonight.

I am also considering a 12 p.m. Saturday night phase deadline tomorrow simply to get us to the day phase quickly for the weekend, with the next fight and lynch deadlines still remaining at their normal times on Monday.

If you have a night action you may wish to use and will not be able to do that deadline, please let me know by PM, and we will keep the night deadline at Monday morning.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #377
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ok.

I would like to reopen the Andre the giant discussion.

Go.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #378
Danny
Head Coach

I would like to close the Andre the giant discussion.

Stop
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #379
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

I'm just glad I didn't pay $50 for this PPV. Hogan and Michaels gone first?
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #380
Danny
Head Coach

But in honesty, I think voting for me because I'm Andre the giant is dumb. If someone wants to vote me because they think I'm likely to be a wolf then I can understand but as a wrestler I am no different than anyone else
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #381
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Son of a...

I was looking forward to this one too! Well, good luck village
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #382
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
I'm just glad I didn't pay $50 for this PPV. Hogan and Michaels gone first?

lol - no kidding!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #383
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok.

I would like to reopen the Andre the giant discussion.

Go.

As was fairly clear yesterday I am receptive to the idea of Andre being really hard to get rid of in the ring and as such he becomes a more viable lynch target.

But I'd like to see what others think so don't have a lot more to add.

IRL stuff: I am leaving around 12-1PM Pacific for the weekend and won't be back until later on Sunday. I'll have my vote and fight action in before I leave.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #384
Danny
Head Coach

I just don't get that argument I have 9 end, 2 agi, 6 power and 5 technique with a special ability for offense. What exactly makes that sospecial?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #385
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Here are Packer's posts from yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I think I'm cute, I know I'm sexy...

Vanilla wrestler looking to crush the competition here...WCW and WWF alike

Quote:
Montreal screwjob all over again?

VOTE SIMBO KLICE

Quote:
Unless I miscounted, Simbo has 4 as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #386
Danny
Head Coach

Definitely killed cause of that sexy comment
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #387
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

meh i doubt Andre would be real hard to eliminate thru fighting, not moreso than any other wrestler with high endurance. if you want to challenge him, than be a man and attack him in the ring
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #388
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I know it was enlightening, just trying to say he was pretty low profile other than kicking Julio's ass in the fight portion of the day.

Day 1 voting:

2 Suicane: , Simbo (200), Danny (110)
6 Simbo: ntn (111), PackerFanatic (115), britrock88 (154), Chubby (160), mauchow (162), bullet (232)
8 mauchow: Julio (142), Autumn (166), DaddyTorgo (170), murrayyyyy (229), JAG (112), Lathum (104), Zinto (287),saldana (116)
2 Danny: Suicane (186), Path12 (192)

Earlier in the day, mau's vote was on sal and Packer broke a 5-way tie to make his vote (and didn't move it for the day).
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #389
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote DT

For some reason I always get a certain vibe about him when he is a wolf and it's pinging me hard. I would love to start learning more about the MAu voters since it is likely at least one wolf is on him.

I also think we would learn a lot by knowing Simbos allegience, but for now I am going with my gut
Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #390
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i voted way to early yesterday simple to vote, and changed it 2 or 3 more times on a whim. im going to hold out for now and vote later. see if someone can give me a reason to vote for someone
Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #391
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Definitely killed cause of that sexy comment

you do know thats the first line of his entrance music, right? as sung by Sensational Sherri Martel?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #392
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

People are going hard to set me up. First they do a run on mau to "save" me, then they knock out HBK in the night phase.

Vote Chubby

Voted for me, attacked me, high endurance guy (i.e. harder to eliminate via attacks), clearly a Hitman Hater.

Yesterday and today I work 2-11 EST and it's impossible for me to check in before 6, and I can only look in quickly after that. I shouldn't have a problem getting on for a while then tonight.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #393
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
All generic villager wrestlers get the following message:

You are a generic wrestler without a role.

This will be followed by details of whatever extra ability they have.

Quote:
I think I'm cute, I know I'm sexy...

Vanilla wrestler looking to crush the competition here...WCW and WWF alike

My two cents, this is why the wolves went after Packer.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #394
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
But in honesty, I think voting for me because I'm Andre the giant is dumb. If someone wants to vote me because they think I'm likely to be a wolf then I can understand but as a wrestler I am no different than anyone else

I agree. If Andre the Giant is some super powerful villager or wolf he will be lynched or night killed. It happens every game. I don't think we should get too wrapped up in the wrestling part of the game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #395
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

vote path12
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #396
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

something in what happened yesterday doesn't hit me in the right way. I can't yet explain it any better.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #397
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
something in what happened yesterday doesn't hit me in the right way. I can't yet explain it any better.

I'd like to know why you feel that way. You can agree or disagree with my reasons for day 1 voting, but at least there was some thought behind my candidates.

Unlike most of the votes for mauchow which reading back just sort of appeared out of nowhere.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #398
Suicane75
Coordinator

It sure was a late pile on wasn't it?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #399
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I don't think Simbo's a wolf, but I would not be surprised if one of Danny / Mau was one.

Honky Tonk -- question for you. I kind of get why you put Danny's name here but cannot for the life of me figure out why you put mau's. Could you fill me in?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #400
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
It sure was a late pile on wasn't it?

I'll have to put in an early vote today and it doesn't look like there will be a ton of action before then to vote on -- but almost sure I'm going with a mauchow voter.