Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #3001
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

What's the plan on services for today?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #3002
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
That's certainly reasonable from the meta-gaming point of view, although I can see some meta-issues.

I suppose it is possible that a Tarq can pick how he wants to kill someone. Although I think it is more likely the Tarqs kill is by poison. And on that theory, possibly each Tarq has a specific way to kill, but probably not by sword. So as not to mix with the assassins.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #3003
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I went from page 90, which gives me the end of yesterday plus all of today. It's going to have to do...

Actually not a bad start. I'm not sure what you mean by page 90 as we only have 61 pages.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #3004
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

You must be on 45 posts per page — I'm on 30.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 04-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #3005
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
What's the plan on services for today?

We haven't really compiled a plan so far, and I'm trying to figure out what the best move is for me. Anxietus has said he is going to bid for the sword killer, but I don't know that anyone else has stated an intention.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #3006
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Is the function of the priest established?

Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #3007
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You must be on 45 posts per page — I'm on 30.

Makes sense, I'm on 50 per page.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #3008
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
In light of events I'd like Barkeep and Path to explain their votes yesterday a bit more closely than they have done.

I'd also like to hear who has got my services today and what they intend to do with them. Not who you plan to scan but whether you intend to defend someone with them.

And I'd be very interested in hearing who's got the swordsman.
I stated at the time my reasons:
Anxiety has trusted me. I didn't have a strong read on either and so that was good enough.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #3009
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Is the function of the priest established?

I believe it allows the player to compel someone to change their vote or direct their vote where you want it.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #3010
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OBTW... I don't think I have anything to lose by doing this...
Misterus Wednesdaius sues everyone.

It's not like I have a lot of money to begin with... or like there should be any evidence of treason to be uncovered...

Old 04-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #3011
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Anxiety, how do you know AE is cleared? Are you relying on the lawyer investigation of no evidence of wrong doing?

Right, which is why I said in a previous post, cleared of previous wrongdoing, not certified as a republican

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:08 PM   #3012
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
You can't bid if you're arrested, right? I know I can't today.

My bid today, path, is free.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:09 PM   #3013
Tyrith
College Starter

Tyrith sues path12
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #3014
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
1. I don't see how this avoids lawyer tricks. If you were successfully defended you might get off again.

2. If both you and AE were bad, or if there are some other bad guy bidding tricks up your sleeve AE or someone else could get the sword killer anyway.

If everybody in the Senate is agreed that they're going to execute you tomorrow, then perhaps this makes sense. But seems rather a large gamble to take to only arrest one person. We made that mistake many times in the beginning of this game. We could learn something between now and tomorrow night that either clears you or condemns AE. If so, our hands would be tied and our time wasted.

It's a noble offer, but it seems to have a lot of loopholes to it, and the only advantage I see being that Ardentus is free to bid tomorrow. What do others think? I don't think we've heard who Passus Calligus is planning on arresting anyway.

Look, here are the two main proposals:

1), Arrest me an AE. Your argument that someotnhing could happen to clear me stands, but if I am cealerd, say bvy today's seer, AND arrested, then that clears AE by extension. So you;d be stuck voting someone off that is cleared. That is why you shouldn;t have either AE and me to choose from. Its a bad strategy.

2). Arrest just me. If somethings does happen to clear me, then at least no republicans can die. I will bid on the sword killer today. If I end up with a lawyer, then you know I'm lying. When I had the option to send a lawyer to the Senate earlier, it was to prosecute. I won't habe a laywer, and noone can send one to help me. If you want to kill me, then commit - stop playing footsie. If you think my death is the Rosetta Stone, then I'm not going to stand in your way.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #3015
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have to leave shortly and have no idea about who to vote for. Gah! Not having found one bad guy so far has just made it so hard for me to get a handle on this game. I think that KWhit is good. He's got a pretty tight circle around him. If he's bad, I think we start dominoes. If he's good I think we've vastly narrowed the field. With path, if he turns up bad I'm not sure where we go from there and if he's good I know I'll feel the same way about tomorrow's candidates.

Therefore in order to increase our abilities for tomorrow

Vote KWhit
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #3016
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think I've seen a coherent argument advanced against Kayus Whittus. What's the argument against Pathus Twelvus?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #3017
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have to vote path. Why? Because I scanned KWhit. I have never scanned path. Plus, I have to vote. I'd rather not vote path if I don;t have to, but it appears I have no real choice in the matter.

Vote Path to Die

Old 04-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #3018
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
My bid today, path, is free.

My bad, Abe. I read that wrong.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #3019
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Tyrith sues path12

Frankly, I'd rather be sued than tossed.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #3020
Tyrith
College Starter

This is the downside of having CR as a consul...if we KNEW he had arrested Anxiety then we could for sure have Pass arrest someone else and then have some options. As it stands, we are somewhat screwed.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #3021
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Frankly, I'd rather be sued than tossed.

If you're alive tomorrow I want to take a shot at you, see if I can finally climb up the ladder...probably too late, but it's worth a shot.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #3022
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think I've seen a coherent argument advanced against Kayus Whittus. What's the argument against Pathus Twelvus?

I've been quiet. Well, Chief had a reason that I ended up on a list of people who could have hired the swordsman on day one and I believe day four or five, but I'm on record as attempting to hire the priest day one (though of course that's not proof). I actually haven't seen Ironus Headus' reason for arresting me.

But the quietness is a valid charge. Had trouble getting my head around a lot of this and I have been quieter as a result.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #3023
Ironhead
College Prospect

Path - for the record I arrested you for a couple of reasons. One was that you are a veteran player that has been under the radar. Something that kept troubling me in going back through all of your posts was that you were constantly asking questions about who had what service and whether certain things could be done with what services. You seem to ask a lot of questions about everyone else or make certain statements but then you never seem to follow it up much analysis. It almost seems to me like information gathering, or that you are trying to lead people somewhere. This is where I am at bit of a loss as a new player to Werewolf as I don't know individual players styles.

It also troubled me that you have been in the middle to higher part of the wealth bracket the entire game but we know next to nothing about your service history. Sure, you have claimed to lose some bids. I don't recall you claiming to win any, and lost service bid claims can be faked.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #3024
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Like I said before, I'm worried about KWhit. I believe he was the one who hired the killer the other night.

VOTE KAYUS WHITUS
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #3025
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Ironhead, my characterization of path's style when he's a good guy is that he tends more toward the quiet end of the spectrum, but he tends to offer a lot of value when he posts.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #3026
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Path - for the record I arrested you for a couple of reasons. One was that you are a veteran player that has been under the radar. Something that kept troubling me in going back through all of your posts was that you were constantly asking questions about who had what service and whether certain things could be done with what services. You seem to ask a lot of questions about everyone else or make certain statements but then you never seem to follow it up much analysis. It almost seems to me like information gathering, or that you are trying to lead people somewhere. This is where I am at bit of a loss as a new player to Werewolf as I don't know individual players styles.

It also troubled me that you have been in the middle to higher part of the wealth bracket the entire game but we know next to nothing about your service history. Sure, you have claimed to lose some bids. I don't recall you claiming to win any, and lost service bid claims can be faked.

Crap, I had a big response typed up and just lost the damn thing. Short version:

I appreciate you letting me know your reasons. I did win Maximus the bodyguard day 2 or 3 and used him to protect Barkeep as consul. That's my only win so far. I don't know why.

As for playing UTR this game: As I've said, I stupidly didn't put together notes for this game, which I would normally do in a game this size. That in combination with some time issues early got me very lost. I'm not one to post unless I have something to add, and that hasn't really happened this game, unfortunately. I am good by the way, but not terribly useful so far.

But again, I do appreciate you putting down your reasons for the arrest.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #3027
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I may not be on for a while, so I am casting my vote. This is really for the fact that we have the most to learn from tossing Khayus whitus:

Vote to toss Khayus Whitus to the rock
Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #3028
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm back on. Read Anxietus's proposal to arrest just him. I'm obviously not in control of that, and I don't know what Pass is planning. I'm unsure how to proceed with the proposal. If Anxietus is good, it certainly works out for us, unless his scan of AE was somehow faulty or incomplete. If Anxietus is bad but AE is good, then it definitely works out in our favor, unless there's some hidden catch I haven't thought of. At this point in the game I'm paranoid enough to think there could be. However, if both of them are bad it definitely doesn't work in our favor.

I don't want to be singled out by Anxiety to make this decision. His arrest is the one I'm supporting mostly, and it seems there's other voices calilng out for Ardentus. I'll let other people voice their opinions.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #3029
Autumn
Head Coach

Given the likelihood that there's a traitor among the rich, I'm going to continue suing them.

I SUE ABEUS ANXIETUS
ARDENTUS ENTHUSIASTUS
MUSTANGUS
GRAMMUS ATTICUS
Old 04-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #3030
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Given the likelihood that there's a traitor among the rich, I'm going to continue suing them.

I SUE ABEUS ANXIETUS
ARDENTUS ENTHUSIASTUS
MUSTANGUS
GRAMMUS ATTICUS

Only the first day I've ever been 'rich' where I could actually bid on someone and have a very good chance of winning the bid.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #3031
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Speaking of rich, I have seen no declaration of who is bidding on what really.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #3032
Autumn
Head Coach

It sounds like Anxietus is going for the sword killer. I imagine Ardentus might be too, but I don't think he said. I would say maybe the lawyer is the next priority? Or bodyguards? I still haven't seen any clue who Passus is arresting, so I don't know which lawyer to bid on.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #3033
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Only the first day I've ever been 'rich' where I could actually bid on someone and have a very good chance of winning the bid.

Yes, sorry, I should clarify. I'm not suing you because you mgiht be the rich traitor, but just because I don't want to see anybody get sitting too pretty up at the top of the wealth standings. So I've been suing all the wealthiest brackets for a few days now.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #3034
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Incidentally, is there any reason why I should limit my suits so that I'm not suing everyone?

As one of the less wealthy, I don't see that I have anything to gain by announcing what I'm bidding for before the deadline. Any contrary opinions?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #3035
Autumn
Head Coach

There is a limit to how many the courts can handle, but I haven't seen many going through, so basically no no reason to limit.

Probably no reason not to announce your bid either, but without a set plan for everyone I'm less apt to announce mine either. I wish we had gotten together this morning on that.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #3036
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In terms of a set plan, though, that's best for the people who have higher priority on acquiring services. It'd be nice to have an idea of which services are being taken by the wealthy so that I don't waste my effort.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #3037
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm more apt to believe that this sudden reluctance to share bidding information means that some of the higher ups are possibly Tarqs.

One thing I dont' understand, if KWhit was cleared by 2 others, why are we executing him? I'm just not following the logic right now.

For now - Vote Free KWhit
Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #3038
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

How is Anxiety alleged to have scanned KWhit — via a lawyer hire, or via innate ability?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #3039
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, and who else is alleged to have scanned him?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #3040
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In terms of a set plan, though, that's best for the people who have higher priority on acquiring services. It'd be nice to have an idea of which services are being taken by the wealthy so that I don't waste my effort.

Best to always put something in. It is my guess that you are probably a loyalist. I think if you were a Tarq, it would have kept either LSG or Chubby in the game easier... I think it is easier to just throw out names right now if you are a Tarq than it is to be logical if you are a loyalist since I don't think there is a real clear cut idea on anything right now..
Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #3041
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Oh, I'll definitely put something in. Haven't decided what, yet.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #3042
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola, and who else is alleged to have scanned him?

Post 2813.. I was looking for some contradiction to that.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #3043
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OK, so CW scanned him (through indeterminate means... probably the same as Anxiety?).

On the one hand, it'd be a pretty bold move for two Tarqs to vouch for a third... on the second, the vouch might put the third into a pretty good level of trust... on the third hand, at what level are we relying on the accuracy of the results, CW and Anxiety, or the method they used to do the scan?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #3044
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

dola, that is, if they both used ardent to scan, for the sake of argument, could both CW and Anxiety be good guys, but have gotten bad information if ardent were a bad dude? Or do we have some sort of confirmation that their method were reliable (e.g. used a lawyer who's now dead and who was revealed as good)?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:41 PM   #3045
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Geez, for an approaching deadline, this place is pretty quiet.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #3046
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I'm more apt to believe that this sudden reluctance to share bidding information means that some of the higher ups are possibly Tarqs.

One thing I dont' understand, if KWhit was cleared by 2 others, why are we executing him? I'm just not following the logic right now.

For now - Vote Free KWhit

I want to point out a couple things:

One, realize that you have to vote for executing KWhit or Pathus, you can't just vote to Free someone anymore.

Anxietus supposedly scanned KWhit using the lawyer's ability. KWhit was also scanned the same way by Coffeeus Warlord (who was just killed by Ardentus recently), and someone else? Or did Anxietus scan him twice? God, I can't remember. It's the fact that he was scanned repeatedly, and by teh same circle of people several of whom have been very suspect that makes it suspect, since we can't confirm those scans. It seems to me like a traitor wasting a scan while trying to look loyal.

Lastly I think the bidding problem is that Chiefus Rumus had been organizing the bidding, and didn't have time to today and nobody picked up the slack. Still, I agree, there are probably rich traitors.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #3047
Ironhead
College Prospect

TOSS PATH12 OFF THE ROCK

Nothing more than a hunch but I felt enough of something to arrest him. I really don't think KWhit is bad, and feel the chances of Path being bad are higher. There really is no proof out there one way or another for either of these two.

I will tell you one thing. If Narcizo is still alive in the morning and no one claims a BG block I am going to start becoming very suspicious of our two lawyers.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #3048
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
dola, that is, if they both used ardent to scan, for the sake of argument, could both CW and Anxiety be good guys, but have gotten bad information if ardent were a bad dude? Or do we have some sort of confirmation that their method were reliable (e.g. used a lawyer who's now dead and who was revealed as good)?

We don't know yet whether the scan just determines they weren't up to no good that night, or is all inclusive. My inclination is that it is all inclusive.

We have some confirmation that the lawyers have no control or knowledge of the process and therefore presumably can't influence it.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 PM   #3049
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Autumnus, if you look at the post cited by Mustangus, you'll see that Kayus claims to have been cleared by Coffeus in addition to Abeus.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #3050
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
We have some confirmation that the lawyers have no control or knowledge of the process and therefore presumably can't influence it.

I wasn't necessarily thinking of direct influence or knowledge, but I was suspecting that possibly if one or both of the lawyers were Tarqs and an attempt was made to scan a Tarq, then it might come up clean without the direct action of the lawyer involved, as a sort of passive defense.