Old 02-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #451
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I would say no to your revealing of $$.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #452
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I am going to have to take off now, so I need to vote. SOrry, DV, I just don't like the direction you have gone. I haven't gotten a wolf vibe at all in this, and you're pushing it too hard for reasons I couldn't tell you.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #453
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I would say no to your revealing of $$.

Yeah pretty sure I'm not going to do it. Leaving in a few minutes for dinner, anyhow. I hope I come home to life and gambling aplenty
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #454
The Jackal
Coordinator

Has Autumn said if we are having weekend play or not?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #455
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote mckerney

I feel like PF would be the better vote of the two already up there but that's the way this game is. A wolf isn't going to go down without a fight. I'll give a think on my vote and probably wait to see if any more information comes out.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #456
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm actually having a rare time where I feel like I've got too much info to analyze. But it would be very helpful to start learning if there was any meaning in the Day 1 vote. Since I've already said that I trust Lathum, I'm very tempted to go dial up Darth again just for that purpose.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #457
hoopsguy
General Manager

note - "trust" Lathum is a relative term, of course But enough that I won't be looking overly closely at him for a day or two.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #458
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I urge people to remember over the course of this game that aside from all the betting and the bidding, this still a game of werewolf, and vote history is important. Not voting for people because of game mechanics is way too easy of a way to hide votes and explain them later on.

but unfortunately, since our scans and protects also depend on this mechanic, we dont have a choice but to play into the betting aspect of this game, otherwise we will all run out of money real quick
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #459
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
but unfortunately, since our scans and protects also depend on this mechanic, we dont have a choice but to play into the betting aspect of this game, otherwise we will all run out of money real quick

this is true, yes. just something to keep in mind over the course of the game.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #460
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Has Autumn said if we are having weekend play or not?

yes he has and yes we are. night is to Sat and day is to monday I believe
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #461
The Jackal
Coordinator

Cool, thanks NTN, Im sure itll be clarified at the deadline.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #462
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alright I'm out to dinner, catch you guys after.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #463
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So...

PackerFanatic 2
Lathum 2
Jackal 3
Darth 5

Boy...

Vote packerfanatic

That makes it 5(Darth)-3(Jackal)-3(PF)-2(Lath) with 4 votes left.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #464
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm out...can someone summarize where we are with vote count and maybe any real reasoning (if any)?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #465
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Maybe this will tell us something about lathum vs. jackal vs. darth...

VOTE LATHUM
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #466
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going back through the votes now, but trying to figure out what the case is on PackerFanatic?
Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #467
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I'm out...can someone summarize where we are with vote count and maybe any real reasoning (if any)?

I am at the same point except I am just getting back and after reading through the votes and the reasoning behind them it almost seems like there is not a great canidate in the bunch.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #468
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

the only one i have hoops is that Lathum and Jackal seem to be good at least for today. And while DV seems to have some possibility I can't in good conscience end the day on him.

"Damn the Man! Save the Empire!"

So I needed another candidate as the only ones were mckerney and Packer...I took a chance and went PF
Old 02-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #469
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
Maybe this will tell us something about lathum vs. jackal vs. darth...

VOTE LATHUM

the fact that these posts came 3 minutes apart make me think you indeed got a summary from someone...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #470
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

man, DT's vote stinks to high hell, making it 5-3-3-3.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #471
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, if we have the numbers to move some stuff - and I see 11 members in thread right now - would you entertain DT as a candidate? I was giving him hard thought earlier as a "huh, this guy is playing?" individual.

I don't want to end up wasting a vote with 50 minutes to go, but it sounds like we are both sniffing around a common player at the moment.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #472
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm going back through the votes now, but trying to figure out what the case is on PackerFanatic?

I would probably summarize it as:

1. J23 voter.
2. Unlikely to have a negative monetary impact upon lynching.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #473
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, out of curiosity, what drove the choice to scan Chief Rum last night? Anything specific in this game or his larger body of WW work?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #474
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
man, DT's vote stinks to high hell, making it 5-3-3-3.

One thought I had about DT is that he was one of two people to bet on you yet vote a different way on D1. It may not mean anything as you were probably a fair percentage play and there were almost surely 3 villagers betting you, but I noted it anyway.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #475
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I got my PM from the service I won, and I don't see a point in keeping the info secret. I bid for and won the services of the betting parlor. I had a couple ways to go with it, and I chose to receive a list of everyone's bets for the lynch from yesterday (so what they submitted in the Night 0 phase).

I actually think this is the only phase that info might be useful, because we didn't know about the betting parlor at that point. The wolves may have been less inhibited in making their choices for betting during that phase than they would be now, since they now know their choices might bee revealed and used as a way to link one another.

Hopefully this formats okay. The Bettor is on the right, who he bet for the Day One lynch is on the left. Here goes:

Code:
Packer Fanatic: Chief Rum JAG: Darth Vilus DaddyTorgo: Lathum Saldana: The Jackal Danny: Daddy Torgo The Jackal: J23 Zinto: Lathum Crimson Fox: Lathum Darth Vilus: CrimsonFox Chief Rum: ntndeacon Mauboy1: ntndeacon Passacaglia: Lathum Lathum: ntndeacon J23: (No Bet) Tyketime : Lathum Mckerney : Lathum Hoopsguy: Passacaglia cougarfreak: (No Bet) Ntndeacon: (No Bet)

This also means I have no money, so I guess the wolves can kill me now if they want--they won't be depriving us of any funds.

Since it appears that i will most likely die today (Huge mistake IMO) I suggest you look at the following people for tomorrow: DT, Zinto, CrimsonFox, Pass, Tyketime, and McKerney. They're not all wolves but i'd wager a good number of them are. I mean they all betted on Lathum right? And our bets were do early in the game before they had any reason to vote Lathum. What are the odds that 6 people would bet on the same person the first day?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #476
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
the fact that these posts came 3 minutes apart make me think you indeed got a summary from someone...

It seems pretty clear to me that while he was posting his original question, someone posted the vote count. Is that not the case? What's the vote making it 5-3-3 matter? Again, I'm kinda new here. What's the significance?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #477
hoopsguy
General Manager

Darth, I bet that several who voted Lathum did so at his suggestion.

But probably more than one were wolves looking to cash in.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #478
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Since it appears that i will most likely die today (Huge mistake IMO) I suggest you look at the following people for tomorrow: DT, Zinto, CrimsonFox, Pass, Tyketime, and McKerney. They're not all wolves but i'd wager a good number of them are. I mean they all betted on Lathum right? And our bets were do early in the game before they had any reason to vote Lathum. What are the odds that 6 people would bet on the same person the first day?

I voted a different way because while I was not sold on voting Lathum day one it seemed like that was the way it was going to end up at least the night before when I placed my bet. It was in my opinion the best way to earn any money.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #479
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Why would they do that? bet on him just because he said so? Seems sort of dumb to me

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #480
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I know his will put me on the hot seat a little, but I will say even though Idid not get a vote in . I did ask. And Lathum was the obvious choice. I mean he was giving himself up, before the bets were due. Why wouldn't you put your money on what seemes to be an obvious bet.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #481
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
JAG, out of curiosity, what drove the choice to scan Chief Rum last night? Anything specific in this game or his larger body of WW work?

I went with the person I thought was most suspicious, based mostly on feel (sorry Chief). Not a good guess as it turned out, but I'm happy to at least give us a starting point, which I thought was important with no guarantee we'd get the seer role every night.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #482
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, I'm happy that you provided the scan info. And with the revolving roles I think that villagers should be providing info they collect in most (almost all) cases that I can construe. So zero criticism there; just trying to get insight into your thinking.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #483
Zinto
College Starter

I am running out of time to vote and with no current candidate really catching my attention I guess I will do this.

Vote Packer Fanatic
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #484
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I know his will put me on the hot seat a little, but I will say even though Idid not get a vote in . I did ask. And Lathum was the obvious choice. I mean he was giving himself up, before the bets were due. Why wouldn't you put your money on what seemes to be an obvious bet.

Simply that, because it's obvious. When are things ever straightforward around here. Bet on the obvious person and look what happens, that person isn't lynched. That happens more often than not. I'm saying it's far more likely that people were trying to fix the bet than just happening to bet for the same person.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #485
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to vote for DV because it provides info about our Day 1 vote. And if Darth is lynched and comes back as villager I would certainly hope that Lathum gets a seer scan for Night 2.

I want to understand Day 1 when we start Day 3, if at all possible. If it was a mess of a day then we can start looking for other paths without it hanging over our heads any further.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #486
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE DARTH VILUS
Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #487
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Honestly guys, do i look like a wolf? Besides me pushing Jackal what evidence is there at all?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #488
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Simply that, because it's obvious. When are things ever straightforward around here. Bet on the obvious person and look what happens, that person isn't lynched. That happens more often than not. I'm saying it's far more likely that people were trying to fix the bet than just happening to bet for the same person.

Granted obvious means led by your nose to some degree, however on day one, it is certainly something to grab at.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #489
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

btw I am willing to move to DT as well
Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #490
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

There's nothing you can grab at on day one. You may want to find something to make sense of it but it never does make sense until a few days down the road at least. The best strategy for defeating the village is letting it tear itslef apart looking for wolves. i believe that's what is happening again

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #491
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of post 490

Darth Vilus (6) - Packerfanatic 299, The Jackal 369, tyketime 389, saldana 409, chief rum 452, hoopsguy 486
jackal (3) - crimson fox 365, darth 390, lathum 422
Packerfanatic (4) - mckerney 418, ntndeacond 440, mauboy1 463, zinto 483
Lathum (3) - cougarfreak 419, passacaglia 424, daddy torgo 465
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #492
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I could get behind a dt vote.
unvote jackal
vote dt
Old 02-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #493
Passacaglia
Coordinator

DV, any thoughts on moving to Lathum? I don't know the vote count, but I assume you're on The Jackal. I'm not going to switch that way, but maybe you'd have a better chance of living if you go Lathum instead.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #494
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Oh come on! If Someone says vote me out and we have to bet who is going to leave, you don't think THAT is something to grab at? Certainly you know that it is very likely that that person will be at least in the mix. Remember we are not talking about who we are voting for but who is leaving.

In terms of whether the person voted out is good or bad , you are right. However as a bet Lathum was a clear favorite to be in the mix. So it should not surprise us that 6 were on him.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #495
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote PF
Vote DT
Old 02-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #496
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Of the candidates, I would either go DV or Packerfanatic. DV is the most logical from a typical 'understand the vote' thing, Packerfanatic makes more sense from a 'do less harm' standpoint as Packerfanatic hasn't had much to offer and is unlikely to have any bets on him. Reducing the number of J23 voters isn't a bad thing since there are likely multiple wolves among those voters. To balance that, I feel a lot better about the people voting DV than those voting PF.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #497
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm not too sure about switching to Lathum, I don't think he's a wolf. If it were to swing his way I'd vote to save myself but that's really the only reason

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #498
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Pass has a real boner for me
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #499
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, DT was a J23 voter as well. Are there relative risks with him that are not there for PackerFanatic?

UNVOTE DARTH VILUS
VOTE DADDY TORGO
Old 02-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #500
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I've definitely been thinking about this way too much today.