Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

WW CXXXIX - The Red Death II - GAME OVER, SERVANTS WIN

Masque of the Red Death

Long ago in an unknown age, an evil, arcane and powerful entity was banished to our realm from places much higher and grander. When the Red Death entered our existence is not recorded, but all of human history has been affected by it. It’s unknown, malevolent presence taints the world and all in it. It is the truth behind tales of butchery and malevolence, behind fables of demons and devils.

The Red Death manipulates the world to its own end. It has servants and monsters, science and magic, all within its clutches. It animates corpses, drives good people mad, possesses minds, causes one’s blood to boil, taints nature, and despises righteousness.

In the shadowy recesses of our world lurk dark and disturbing creatures of nightmare and worse. These wickedly evil monstrosities are still yet nothing compared to the Red Death itself, which permeates our world.

During the ages of man, various people have tried to fight against it, from Imhotep to Merlin to Francis Bacon, various secret societies have sprung up to fight against the agents of the Red Death.

Magic is, of course, quite real, but it is tainted by the Red Death. Those who choose to practice it risk corruption by the Red Death. Governments are either ignorant of it, or secretly in line with it, but none fight against it. The Red Death controls all, dominates all, and taints all.

It has many pawns, agents, servants, worshippers and lackeys. Its power is immense, it has no physical form, and cannot be fought through strength of arms or steel of heart.

And yet, there are a cadre of Lightbringers who choose to fight against it and its agents. Perhaps they will not win today or tomorrow or even in a century, but by keeping up the fight, they set back plans and may enable humanity enough time to figure out a way to defeat the Red Death.

It is March 3, 1893, and a group of Lightbringers have assembled in Cape Girardeau, Missouri to discuss a plan for the Red Death to create some major mystical corruption at the World’s Fair being held in Chicago in May. Unfortunately, evidence appears to suggest that the Red Death has discovered and infiltrated your group somehow.

There are many ways this may have happened. Corruption. Possession. Shapeshifters. Vampirism. Lycanthropy. Bribery. Sympathetic Magic. These are just the ones you think of immediately, there are surely more.

However, as members of the Lightbringers, you are not without your own set of powers and abilities.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-14-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In this game there are two factions, the Servants of the Red Death, and the Lightbringers. Each day, the group will vote, and the voted member will be the subject of a Cleansing Flame spell. If the person is a Servant of the Red Death they will die spectacularly. If they are a Lightbringer or anyone else, they will usually die. However, there is a chance that they will survive. Based on statistical evidence, about 1 in 5 subjects of the Cleansing Flame who are good will not die the first time they are exposed to it. No one knows why this is so.

You can be sure that the Red Death and its Servants seek to continue to corrupt your holy order. Therefore, you are convinced that the numbers of the Servants will grow during the course of the game, unless you find and kill them with the Cleansing Flame.

The Red Death is so powerful, that when someone is corrupted, they will gain a new role and powers and lose their old ones.

Days will end at 10 PM EST. Nights end at 2 AM EST
Roles will be sent out on Sunday, Oct 2, and the first deadline will be Monday Night

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-27-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

None of the Red Death roles are known. However, you are aware of these Lightbringer roles:

Keeper of the Cleansing Flame
– Once, as a night action, the Keeper can turn the Cleansing Flame against any player of their choice, with the normal results for the Flame. You can only do this once during the game.

Adept – You are able to, once per night, cast an Auramancy spell that will tell you if someone is a Servant of the Red Death. However, it has been shown in the past that many Servants do not show up as evil, so this is not a guaranteed way. Each time you choose to cast the Auramancy spell, there is a small but very real chance that the magic will corrupt you, since all magic comes from the Red Death.

Detective – Once per night, you can Observe Someone. This will tell you what that person has done for the evening. For example, you would learn that an Adept cast a spell, but not what the results were. If you observe another spellcaster, you would not be able to tell the difference between an Adept and them. Observing can be dangerous.

The Minister – You are an ordained minister and your faith in God, despite the presence of the Red Death, is enough to keep you from succumbing to the Red Death. You cannot be corrupted. Additionally, if you are night attacked by a vampire, you will kill the vampire.

The Sheriff – With a horse and a two handed-rifle you keep the peace in Arkansas, and now you will do the same here. Each night, submit an order for who to protect, and that person will be immune to any attack, but not immune to corruption. You may guard yourself, and you may guard the same person any number of times. Due to some cleverly concealed silver bullets, you will kill any lycanthrope that tries to kill you at night, or the person you guard. You cannot use certain items.

Abjurer – Like the adept, you are able to cast a spell at night. Each night, you may cast a Ward of Protection spell on any person you like. That person will be immune to corruption but not an attack for the night. Also, if you happen to Ward a Servant of the Red Death, and that person was going to take a corruption action on another, it will be stopped. However, like the Adept, whenever you cast a spell, there is a small chance you will be corrupted yourself.

The Exorcist – Like the Minister, you are also immune to corruption. Once per night, you can Exorcize a person. If they are possessed, they will stop being possessed, and will re-convert to the Lightbringers. This is dangerous to you. That person will be Exorcized in the thread, and it will be known they were once possessed. New rules for that player will be given to that player, in this event. They will gain a new, hidden role, The Exorcized, with its own powers and restrictions. You are immune to attack from minor undead, and will automatically defeat any minor undead attack (vampires are not minor undead, but zombies, skeletons, etc. are)

The Scientist – You are a clever scientist on the edge of technology and always inventing and tinkering. Each night, you may Make a Gadget.

Martyr – Once in the game, you can place yourself in the Cleansing Flame instead of someone else. Just pm me your desire to do so prior to the Cleansing Fire deadline.

Lifegiver – through a combination of alchemical ingredients, prayers and science, you can restore life to one Lightbringer who has died as a night action. Simply PM me which dead Lightbringer you would like to bring me during the night actions.

The Tinkerer – You will instantly know the Lightbringer powers of any object in your hand. You will not know how they can be used by Servants of the Red Death, just how your side can use them.

Please note the difference between a night “attack” and a night “corruption.” Both are forms of “actions.” They are two different types of actions, and these roles refer to one or the other frequently as appropriate.

Not all of these roles will be in the game. It's possible there could be Lightbringer roles not listed above as well.

That the Servants will have many different ways of attacking you, corrupting you, and so forth. They are quite powerful. However, as the game goes on, they will lose many of their abilities to corrupt.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In order to win, the Lightbringers must kill every Servant of the Red Death. The Servants must have more than the # of Lightbringers (instead of the usual 1:1 ratio), and they must kill or convert every Exorcist and Minister as well. If, at the end of the game, there is one Servant and one Lightbringer left, a special rule will occur to see who wins based on roles. Lightbringers are no chumps.

There are many items in this game, and every player will begin with a random item, even Servants. The only person who brings items into the game, however, is the Scientist. Each night, once per item, you may pass an item to a person of your choice, just pm me and let me know. This is processed when Night Actions are processed, but it does not count as a Night Action. Items are passed as the last thing during the evening. Items on a dead person are collected by the Servants.

Some items are obvious – Charms of Protection Against Shapeshifters or Colt Peacemaker. Other items have unknown or more nefarious uses, and you may not immediately know what they all do. There might even be red herrings

Not all Servants may be able to pm each other. There are no hidden Lightbringer roles beyond the Exorcized. There may be more than one of each role. When they are killed, Servants of the Red Death will have both their title and their role and abilities posted in the thread. You are experienced enough that you know what a creature is and all about it.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-07-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dramatis Personae:

1. CrimsonFox - Lightbringer - Killed Night Four - Actually a Servant, the Shapeshifter
2. The Jackal - Lightbringer - Killed Night Nine
3. Danny - Lightbriner - Abjurer - Killed Night Three
4. Autumn - Servant - WON
5. saldana - Lightbringer - Lynched Day Two.
6. Lathum - Lightbringer - Minister - Killed Night Two
7. Zinto - Order of Vladd, Second Rank - Servant of the Red Death - Lynched Day Three
8. MrBug708 - Lightbringer - Adept - Lynched Day Five
9. J23
10. Narcizo - Succubus - Servant of the Red Death - Lynched day Six

11. Thomkal - Lightbringer - Killed Night Seven
12. ntndeacon - The Unhallowed - Servant of the Red Death - Lynched Day One
13. bhlloy - - Lightbringer - Keeper of the Cleansing Flame - Killed Night One
14. dzilla77 - Lightbringer, Exorcist - Killed Night Four
15. Raiders Army - Lightbringer - Lynched Day Four
16. Chief Rum - Lightbringer - Scientist - Killed by Werecrocodile, Day Seven Lynch
17. mckerney - Lightbringer - Martyr - Lynched Day Ten
18. EagleFan - Werecrocodile - Servant of the Red Death - Lynched Day Seven
19. Commo Soldier
20. mauboy1 - Lighgtbringer - Sheriff - Lynched Day Nine
21, SnDvls - Lightbringer - Detective - Killed Night Five
22. dubb93 - Lightbringer - Killed Night Ten
23. hoopsguy - Lightbringer - Killed Night Eight
24. Grammaticus - Lightbringer - Killed Night Six

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-14-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping I don't get lynched as the sheriff again :P

IN!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh hell yes, in.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
Danny
Head Coach

I am in.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

In.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Oh yeah....gonna Start things off right...You're all douchebags! (and SO AM I ! )
Old 09-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Should we send out roles on Wed night and start on Thursday or sen them out Sunday and begin next Monday?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-26-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Depends on the signups. Lately it seems that it takes a week to get enough signups for a game, including hearing back from people you PM to recruit as not everyone logs in every day.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
saldana
Pro Starter

welcome back abe.

im in
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #14
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm for the earlier start. I think you'll get the people, and if it's clear things are starting sooner I think people pay more attention and sign up. We need to cultivate a sense of urgency!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
welcome back abe.

im in

Welcome back, Saldana!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #17
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay I massmailed everyone from the Evil Dead game that new signups were up for a quickstart. That might help.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #18
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Okay I massmailed everyone from the Evil Dead game that new signups were up for a quickstart. That might help.

I already signed up, pay attention!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*whimpers* Sorry Jackal please forgive me. I did see the "Hell yes" and enjoyed it very much.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
Zinto
College Starter

Since Crimson PMed me I will not drag my feet. I am in.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #21
Autumn
Head Coach

Since CF did not massmail me, I guess I'm out.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #22
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sorry CF I'm pretty upset with the redskins losing so I took it out and you and your shotgun to MY FACE.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Cool cool, I'ma wait until tomorrow morning when I can get a feel for the game. Expect a final decision at noon-sh. I'm currently leaning Sunday roles and start, Monday first deadline. I'm abotu 60/40 in that direction right now.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #24
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm in, though participation may be limited due to being busy at work lately.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #25
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post

Also due to us lynching you D1.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #26
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

missed Zinto
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #27
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ok
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #28
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post

What he said. In, particularly if we start this week.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #29
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

But Narcizo, you made it to the bigtime last game when you were the first one nightkilled!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #30
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Also due to us lynching you D1.

That might make it slightly more limited than I'm planning on.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #31
Thomkal
Head Coach

Glad you are bringing this back Abe given with what happened in version one. I promise this time to not post when told not to, and not to provoke the person who will go on to destroy the game.

Are there any rule changes from the first version?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #32
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Glad you are bringing this back Abe given with what happened in version one. I promise this time to not post when told not to, and not to provoke the person who will go on to destroy the game.

I think we'll be ok. I don't think there is anyone playing WW currently who would do what was done in game 1. Well, if somehow I was a wolf and my follow wolves killed me night 1, then maybe
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Yes, i made various tweaks and updates. I anted to make sure that anyone who remembered the rules posts from a certain someone wouldn't have info. I added somne things, and i took away some things.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It's official, I will send out your roles on Sunday Night, and Day One will end Monday night at 10 pm EST

Old 09-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #35
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in Like Flint
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #36
bhlloy
Coordinator

i can't resist
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #37
dzilla77
High School Varsity

In.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #38
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Been a while and CF PM'ed me. I'll go. The night cycle is awfully short. 4 hours? Who's awake during the week from 10 PM to 2 AM?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #40
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Been a while and CF PM'ed me. I'll go. The night cycle is awfully short. 4 hours? Who's awake during the week from 10 PM to 2 AM?

West Coasters, I guess.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

If you end up with a role that requires a night action, I always accommodate conditional pms. If you are the sheriff, and you tell me you want to guard Blade, unless he's lynched and then you want to guard Bek, then that's okay by me. I can figure that out for you.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don't remember if anybody remembers, but this game is based on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masque_...28Ravenloft%29

Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #43
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
If you end up with a role that requires a night action, I always accommodate conditional pms. If you are the sheriff, and you tell me you want to guard Blade, unless he's lynched and then you want to guard Bek, then that's okay by me. I can figure that out for you.

LOL isn't that the same thing? (I've only recently become aware of THAT particular drama )

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-27-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #44
mckerney
Coordinator

In.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #45
MrBug708
Head Coach

Didnt know it was a D&D game....I only knew of the poem
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #47
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

In
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LOL isn't that the same thing? (I've only recently become aware of THAT particular drama )

1). That's why I used those names and:
2). Don't edit your posts!

Old 09-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #49
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I never edit my posts.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-28-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #50
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Woohoo! Big turn-out so far.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote