Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #101
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good luck with season 2. Sounds like you have some work to do replacing the seniors. It should be fun starting to make it more your team.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #102
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
It's listed below that. Not sure why I had the aborted sentence. They beat West Virginia 23-6.

Wow...Time for me to hit the sack.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:01 PM   #103
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Analysis of team needs:

QB: We need a #2 QB as Bennie just doesn't cut it IMO.

HB: Not a big need, but if Alan goes, I'll recruit a HB.

FB: Definitely want to recruit 1.

WR: I'd like to get 2 starting calibre receivers to really give Randy some weapons.

TE: I'd like to get one TE possibly.

OT: We need at least one premiere level OT.

OG: We need a starting quality OG.

C: We need a starting quality C. I think my offensive line really hurt us last year.

DE: We need at least 2 DE's.

DT: We need at least one and possibly 2 DT's.

MLB: LaVern Alexander seems to have bottomed out in talent. He will be a good MLB, but not a great one. We could use another MLB to groom.

OLB: We have a large number, but only one that is really a good player now. I'd like to get one good player here.

CB: We recruited heavily last year, and don't have a real need this year.

FS: If Jonathan stays, we don't need to recruit here. If he goes, we need a player for sure.

SS: I'd like to recruit one only if he is elite level.

K: We have a junior who is decent, and I don't see this as a pressing need, but if there is an elite kicker interested, I'll recruit them.

P: We have a very good senior who is ready to take over. I won't recruit a punter this year.

We have 19 scholarships (if no one goes early.) If I get a kicker, we only are offering 16 based on my above list. Therefore, I'll bring in a couple of other guys if they are elite regardless of position.

As far as transfers, none are really interested, so I'm not going to pursue any (all are low interest)

Crud! Demetrin Brady chose to transfer to Tennessee. We definitely need to pick up at least 1 OLB now.

Oregon State got a stud RB that transferred from Oklahoma State.

None of my other players transfer. We have 20 scholarships available. Let's try to put together a killer class.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:12 PM   #104
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagles, do you really hold yourself to the "16 needs, 16 offers" philosophy you outline above? I inevitably have to deviate a little from that kind of thinking to land more talented players.

Of course, doing that results in Top 100 WRs sitting 4th and 5th on the depth chart bitching about playing time ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:46 PM   #105
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I like to recruit guys who already have a very high interest level. Therefore, at first I'm going to focus on guys with 10 interest. I'll focus on the guys that are getting offered Scholarships first.

I'm happy to say that we have quite a few elite WR's that are interested in coming to USC!

WR Patrick Berton is considered the #3 player in the nation. He is a JC player in Hartnell, CA. He has 4.49 speed, excellent GPA thanks to hard work ethic. He had 58 catches for 1,075 yards and 15 TD's last year. He also had almost 400 rushing yards. Texas is our main competitor for him early. I throw a full effort into landing him. I don't recruit any specific pitch yet, but I do offer him a scholarship right away.

WR Billy Kelley is the #77 player in the nation. He has 4.29 speed. He plays for Amador HS in CA. He had 63 catches for 1155 yards and 12 TD's. He also has 3 PR TD's. Oregon State and Cal are our biggest competitors for him. I throw the full recruiting machine at him and offer him a scholarship as well.

I actually have 5 Elite WR's interested in joining us, but I'm not going to offer them all scholarships. I decide to offer this guy my 3rd one because he is the smartest of the bunch.

His name: Jerry Jones! Jerry is ranked 48th in the nation. He runs a 4.32, and is 6'6. He has a 3.9 GPA. He had 65 catches for 1101 yards for Calvary Temple in CA last year. LSU is our main competitor for him. I offer him a scholarship as well.

One elite QB wants to come here. Billy Hilton is ranked 35th in the nation. He is slow, but has a strong arm reportedly. He completed 65% of his passes for 3657 yards with 25 TD and 10 INT's last year. He only ran for 132 yards on 44 carries. I offer him a scholly. He plays for Post Fall, Idaho. I offer him a scholarship. UCLA is our main competitor.

Trevor Malone is an OLB who is ranked #30 in the nation. He plays for Lowell in CA and has a 3.6 GPA. He runs a 4.49 and is a big linebacker at 6'1 236. He had 86 tackles, 7 sacks, 4 interceptions, 4 FF, and 4 Defensive TD's as well as 1077 rush yards last year. UCLA and Cal are our main competion.

I.M Tobeck is a big kicker from Jim Elliott Christian in CA. He has a strong leg, and is ranked #33 in the nation. He is the #1 kicker in the nation and he wants to come to us. I decide to go after him after all. He made 78% of his kicks last year and also punted for a 41.2 avg. Cal and UCLA are our main competitors.

That is all of the elite players who are Extremely interested (10) in coming to us.

I'm going to list the 4 star players who I will pursue who are also Extremely interested in us:

I'm going to go by position now:

FB Louis Liske plays in MT. HE is slow with a 40 of 5.14 but has good hands and is a devastating blocker. He is ranked #212 and 1st among FB's. Florida State and UCLA are our main competitors.

TE Matt Weinke is 6'4 222lbs. He has a 3.9 GPA. He plays HS ball in Tacoma WA. He runs a 4.56, and our scouts think he has the potential to be one of the best receiving TE's in the nation. He is ranked #111. Miami and Texas are also among his top choices.

I'm going to pursue 2 OT's.

First is Kris Shiner. He is 6'6 291 pounds. Very strong, will likely be a very good run blocker. Probably only an average to good pass blocker. Ranked 434th in the nation. He plays in Newark, DE.

For my seocnd one, I go after a guy who only has 9 interest. Steve Alexander is 139th in the nation. He is 6'8 292 pounds. He is also very smart. He is expected to become an elite blocker. He plays in Dallas, TX. Texas is our main competitor.

OG Mike MEade plays for Orem, UT. He is 6'3 278 pounds. He is #304 in the nation. HE is expected to be a good pass blocker and an elite run blocker. BYU and Cal are our main competition.

C Eric Evans is ranked #129. HE is 6'2 269 pounds. He has a 3.8 GPA and plays for Bremerton, WA. He is expected to be an elite run blocker, and a very good pass blocker. Washington and Cal are our main competitors.

DE Jerry Miller is one of the rare dumb players I will go after. The 6'7 262 DE runs a 4.5 flat. He is strong too. We expect him to be an elite DE. UCLA and Georgia are our main competiton. He plays in MT for Havre HS.

DE Kevin Putnam plays for Kahuku in HI. He had 16 sacks but it was against inferior competiton. However, he is the 2nd best DE that is interested in us. He is 6'8 252 and has 4.65 speed. Cal and Wash State are the main competitors.

I'm going after a 5 star DT who only has 9 interest. Brad Adams is 49th in the nation. He is 6'2 275 pounds with 4.9 speed. However, he is VERY strong. He had 51 tackles, 10 sacks, and 6 FF for Green Hope in Morrisville, NC last year. Pitt and North Carolina are our main competition.

MLB Jeremiah Bratton is 6'2 222 pounds. He has 4.61 speed and is a skilled blitzer. Playing for North Summitt in Coalville, UT he had 75 tackles, 11 sacks, 8 PD, 1 interception, 2 FF, and 900 rushing yards last year. Oregon State and UCLA are our main competitors.

We have 4 scholarship offers left. I'm going to take a flyer on a few guys now.

Even though it's not a high need, I decide to pursue CB Jerry Long after all. He is 6'3 192 pounds. He plays in Granada Hills, CA. He is rated #6 in the nation. He runs a 4.45 and is a very good press coverage guy. Also, very good at zone coverage.

UCLA is our main competition. He had 80 tackles, 2 sacks, 19 PD, 6 INT, and 6 Def TD's last year.

Next up is Walter Liddiard. He is a JC QB who has excellent scrambling ability. Runs a 4.5. Had 904 rushing yards and 3000 passing yards for College of DuPage in Indianapolis last year. LSU and Iowa are out main competitors for him. Could also be moved easily to other positions..

Tyrone Smoot is a 6'1 237 pound OLB who is a 5 star player with 9 interest in us. He is dumb with a 1.7 GPA, but is very athletic. Runs a 4.60 and has great agility. He had 113 tackles, 10 sacks, 6 PD, 1 Int, and 2 FF last year for Trinity Presbyterian in Montgomery, AL. LSU and Georgia are the main competition for him.

For my final Scholarship spot, I offer it to OG Harry Fischer. He is ranked #336 in the nation. Harry is a 6'0 290 pound guard. He has a 3.7 GPA. He is expected to be an elite pass blocker and a good run blocker. UCLA and Stanford are our main competition for him.

We still have 56,000 in recruiting left. I use that towards a wide variety of guys to make contact and start recruiting in case we lose out on some of the above guys.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-27-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:47 PM   #106
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Eagles, do you really hold yourself to the "16 needs, 16 offers" philosophy you outline above? I inevitably have to deviate a little from that kind of thinking to land more talented players.

Of course, doing that results in Top 100 WRs sitting 4th and 5th on the depth chart bitching about playing time ...
I make sure I cover all of my needs, but then deviate a bit. For example, I went after a 3rd WR. However, I had 5 top 100 WR's interested in us!

If I went after all of them, I see it as a waste, because you know they are going to be unhappy on the bench.

Of course, I'm recruiting all 5, in case some of the 3 turn me down.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #107
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 9:

Good news: We didn't lose any recruits.

Bad News: We didn't get any early signees.

My staff thinks we have a good shot at all 20 scholarship plays except for one of the OT's.

We'll keep pursuing the same guys for now.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:33 PM   #108
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 10:

First the good news:

We got 4 recruits to sign!

MLB Jeremiah Bratton
C Eric Evans
OG Mike Meade
DE Kevin Putnam

The bad news is bad:

#3 player in the nation, WR Patrick Berton went to Texas.

K I.M.Tobeck went to UCLA.

OG Harry Fischer went to Stanford.

TE Matt Weinke went to Washington surprising everyone.

WR Will Douglas will get a scholarship offer as he is the next best receiver I've been pursuing. He has 4.26 speed, and is a tiny guy at 5'9 169. He is rated 68th in the nation. He had 58 catches for 1133 yards and 17 TD's last year. He also had 1 PR TD.

We decide to offer K Matt Mason a scholarship as well, as he is the #5 kicker in the nation and he is interested in us.

My staff lets me know that they really think we need to get 2 DT's. I offer Trace McKenzie a scholarship. He is rated 97th in the nation, but is interested in quite a few other teams. We continue to recruit him hard.

My staff thinks we really need to get a TE, so I offer Jerry Clarke, a JC TE a scholarship. He is 6'2 250 with 4.53 speed. He has the potential to develop into a very good receiving TE.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:46 PM   #109
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 11:

EXCELLENT News:

We got 3 recruits this week and none of the guys we were pursuing went to other schools!

We got

WR Billy Kelley
OLB Trevor Malone
DT Brad Adams

My coaches tell me that we have no shot at OLB Tyrone Smoot and that I should stop pursuing him.

I decide to withdraww his offer and offer it to OT Brad Howell as our coaches tell me we are looking more likely to lose the OT that we are pursuing.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-27-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #110
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 12:

None of our recruits failed to qualify!

Alan Hood has gone pro

DE Jon Stover went pro as well.

At least Jonathan Green didn't go pro!

I'm annoyed that none of UCLA's player went pro early.

We had a bit of good news, but not much this week.

We got Kicker Matt Mason who is 5th in the nation among kickers.

We also got FB Louis Liske.

We lost out on quite a few players:

Elite QB: Billy Hilton went to Washington State.

Elite CB Jerry Long went to UCLA. *GRRRRRRR*

OLB Tyrone Smoot went to Florida

DE Jerry Miller went to Oklahoma. Oh well, at least he had a low GPA.

TE Jerry Clarke went to Utah

As a result of those 4 players going to other schools, and our 2 early departures, I now have 6 open scholarships.

So, I now want a 3rd elite HB. John Ellington is 9th in the nation. Texas is pursuing him hard, and we might be too late, but I offer him a scholarship..

We offer a scholarship to TE Eric Williams who I've recruited some.

We offer a scholarship to WR David Watson who we've been working all along.

We offer DE George Boso a scholarship.

We offer OLB Detron Allen a scholarship.

Finally, we offer CB Thatcher Chambers a scholarship.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #111
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 13 News:

We got OT Brad Howell which is very good.

We lost elite RB John Ellington to Florida. We just came too late to the party.

We lost DE George Boso to Oregon State.

We lost MLB Ralph Hill to Iowa.

We offer elite RB Bubba Robinson and good RB Sam Snead scholarships.

We haven't recruited him at all, but we need a DE. I offer Sam Amundson a scholarship and start recruiting him hard. He is the 38th best DE in the nation.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:46 PM   #112
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 14:

A very good week, I think.

We got WR Jerry Jones. He's smart and talented.

DT Tracie McKenzie - We stole this talented DT despite coming to the party somewhat late

OT Steve Alexander - this was the big fish for the offensive line. We almost lost him to Texas, but we stole him from their backyard!

OT Kris Shiner - We got both OT's I went after. This is the less talented guy, but I think he will be a very good depth guy if not a starter.

Players we lost:

WR David Watson to Auburn
CB Thatcher Chambers to Arizona
RB Bubba Robinson to Auburn
WR Will Watson to Auburn as well.

Auburn is starting to annoy me as well.

Now, it's getting late, and I'm just looking to get talented guys who want to play for us that we've been recruiting some.

I offer MLB Robert Peete a scholarship.

I thought we had given OLB Detron Allen, a scholarship, but apparently I hadn't. I do so now.

I offer WR Lennox Franklin a scholarship.

Finally, we offer CB Tyreo Brown a scholarship.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-27-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #113
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 15:

A very good week! WE landed 5 players that we were targeting:

QB Walter Liddiard - This athletic player could move positions, or he could provide a scrambling backup which we don't have at the moment.

WR Lennox Franklin - He was just too talented to pass up. We finally offered him a scholarship and he accepted. We are going to have a LOT of weapons for Randy Collins.

TE Eric Williams - Another weapon, probably has a shot to start right away with the rather sorry state of our TE's.

MLB Robert Peete - That last name has done well for USC in the past.

OLB: Detron Allen - Nice depth I think.

Guys that we lost:

CB Tyreo Brown - Miami
RB Sam Snead - West Virginia.

The only flaw of this recruiting season, is that I didn't go after HB's enough early. I should have known Hood was going and gotten one. Now, I have no choice but to cold approach a HB who isn't that great, but wants to come here. Lawrence Armstrong is a small guy who runs with good power, but has little speed. He runs a 4.71 and isn't very agile, but is strong despite his small frame. Ranked 1013th nationally. I almost wonder if I should just wait til next year to recruit HB strong.. Yeah, I'm passing on this guy and hoping Malcolm and Wes can stay healthy because they are going to have to carry the rock quite a bit this year.

Instead I offer DE John Conwell a scholarship. He is ranked 491st nationally and has a decent pass rush ability.

Hmm, actually, there aren't many players better than that HB still available. I offer Lawrence a scholarship after all.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-27-2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 16:

No players committed to us.

None of our targeted players committed to other schools.

We keep after the same 3 kids to round out this recruiting class.

Week 17:

We got both DE's we were pursuing, Sam Amundson and John Conwell.

Lawrence Armstrong is still available, but hasn't committed to us yet. The guy must be an idiot. We are by far the best team interested in him. Then again, he might realize he will be a 3rd or 4th option for us.

Week 18:

Lawrence Armstrong finally signed.

Here is a list of our entire class:

The following recruits ended up coming to USC:

WR Billy Kelley, 5-stars

Amador (Sutter Creek, CA)

National Rank: 77, Regional: 18, Position: 14

WR Jerry Jones, 5-stars

Calvary Temple (Modesto, CA)

National Rank: 48, Regional: 9, Position: 6

OLB Trevor Malone, 5-stars

Lowell (San Francisco, CA)

National Rank: 30, Regional: 5, Position: 2

DT Brad Adams, 5-stars

Green Hope (Morrisville, NC)

National Rank: 49, Regional: 8, Position: 2

OT Kris Shiner, 4-stars

Newark (Newark, DE)

National Rank: 434, Regional: 81, Position: 37

OT Steve Alexander, 4-stars

Carroll (Southlake, TX)

National Rank: 139, Regional: 23, Position: 10

C Eric Evans, 4-stars

Bremerton (Bremerton, WA)

National Rank: 129, Regional: 26, Position: 4

FB Louis Liske, 4-stars

Medicine Lake (Medicine Lake, MT)

National Rank: 212, Regional: 37, Position: 1

ILB Jeremiah Bratton, 4-stars

North Summit (Coalville, UT)

National Rank: 118, Regional: 25, Position: 10

K Matt Mason, 4-stars

Moanalua (Honolulu, HI)

National Rank: 92, Regional: 20, Position: 5

DT Trace McKenzie, 4-stars

Pointe Coupee Central (Morganza, LA)

National Rank: 97, Regional: 27, Position: 5

WR Lennox Franklin, 4-stars

Livingston (Livingston, CA)

National Rank: 81, Regional: 19, Position: 15

OLB Detron Allen, 4-stars

Tehachapi (Tehachapi, CA)

National Rank: 259, Regional: 47, Position: 28

TE Eric Williams, 4-stars

Waynesville (Waynesville, OH)

National Rank: 253, Regional: 51, Position: 12

DE Sam Amundson, 4-stars

Upper Arlington (Columbus, OH)

National Rank: 449, Regional: 95, Position: 38

DE John Conwell, 4-stars

Marine City (Marine City, MI)

National Rank: 491, Regional: 105, Position: 42

ILB Robert Peete, 3-stars

Riverside Poly (Riverside, CA)

National Rank: 330, Regional: 58, Position: 42

OT Brad Howell, 3-stars

Seabury Hall (Makawao, HI)

National Rank: 381, Regional: 66, Position: 31

DE Kevin Putnam, 3-stars

Kahuku (Kahuku, HI)

National Rank: 282, Regional: 50, Position: 16

QB Walter Liddiard, 3-stars

College of DuPage (IL), Indianapolis, IN, HS - IN

National Rank: 325, Regional: 67, Position: 16

OG Mike Meade, 3-stars

Orem (Orem, UT)

National Rank: 304, Regional: 54, Position: 22

RB Lawrence Armstrong, 3-stars

Quinter (Quinter, KS)

National Rank: 1013, Regional: 180, Position: 37
Old 12-27-2005, 11:36 PM   #115
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Beginning of 2007:

Most of our guys have had a good training camp. Quite a few of the Freshman look impressive. Others look like they need some seasoning before they are ready to play. Let's take a look at the coaches' impression of the roster after training camp:

USC
Team Roster

Links: | Attributes | Depth Chart | Off/Def Ratings | Overview | Roster | Special Teams Ratings | Stats |
Quarterbacks
# POS NAME HT WT YR GPA WE INT STATUS High School OVR POT
16 QB Bennie Brady 6-0 189 Sr 3.41 87 78 OK Dulce (Dulce, NM) 12 15
04 QB Randy Collins (S) 6-2 180 So 3.21 35 65 OK Templeton (Templeton, CA) 14 19
14 QB Larry Garron 6-6 204 So 1.80 90 48 OK Webb (Claremont, CA) 7 8
13 QB Walter Liddiard 6-3 193 Jr 2.34 90 47 OK North Central (Indianapolis, IN) 9 11
05 QB Jamie McGeoghan 6-4 200 Jr 3.70 85 74 OK El Capitan (Lakeside, CA) 8 11
Running Backs
29 RB Lawrence Armstrong 5-9 185 Fr 2.49 54 55 OK Quinter (Quinter, KS) 4 8
42 RB Ryan Donckers 5-11 177 So 1.72 45 54 OK New Richmond (New Richmond, OH) 8 14
49 RB Elvis Logan 5-8 194 So 3.26 87 66 OK Trona (Trona, CA) 6 8
36 RB Malcolm Maston 5-10 198 (So) 2.62 28 60 OK Jesuit (Sacramento, CA) 12 17
21 RB Wes Nelson (S) 5-9 190 So 2.37 62 48 OK Palmer (Palmer, AK) 12 16
30 FB Shaun Harrison 6-2 213 Sr 2.38 89 58 OK West Side (Dayton, ID) 9 10
34 FB Louis Liske 6-0 217 Fr 1.87 64 45 OK Medicine Lake (Medicine Lake, MT) 8 15
39 FB Chukky Odom (S) 6-2 257 Sr 1.87 93 55 OK Centennial (Gresham, OR) 13 13
Receivers
82 WR Cliff Bell 6-5 184 Sr 2.82 39 63 OK Layton (Layton, UT) 9 13
80 WR Lennox Franklin (S) 6-5 210 Fr 2.25 79 43 OK Livingston (Livingston, CA) 10 17
83 WR Jerry Jones 6-6 176 Fr 3.15 97 70 OK Calvary Temple (Modesto, CA) 9 18
63 WR Aaron Jue 6-3 198 (Sr) 2.23 95 47 OK Daniel Murphy Catholic (CA) 5 6
85 WR Billy Kelley (S) 6-1 179 Fr 3.07 73 64 OK Amador (Sutter Creek, CA) 11 18
19 WR Mike Maddox 6-1 182 (Jr) 3.41 45 86 OK South Fremont (St. Anthony, ID) 4 7
89 WR Dick Sayers 6-5 165 (So) 1.98 59 59 OK De Anza (Richmond, CA) 10 12
86 WR Lamar Woods 6-6 214 So 2.25 65 47 OK Pacifica (Garden Grove, CA) 5 8
84 TE Alan Hollas 6-5 248 Jr 2.21 83 57 OK St. Vincent (Petaluma, CA) 7 9
81 TE Dashon Kattus 6-1 247 (Jr) 2.21 88 52 OK Santa Maria (Santa Maria, CA) 8 12
87 TE Jermane West 6-3 230 So 3.63 59 74 OK Mission (San Francisco, CA) 5 8
88 TE Eric Williams (S) 6-2 261 Fr 2.98 68 65 OK Waynesville (Waynesville, OH) 8 14
Offensive Lineman
66 OT Steve Alexander 6-8 303 Fr 2.26 93 55 OK Carroll (Southlake, TX) 10 15
71 OT Jim Hayes 6-5 326 (So) 3.06 87 71 OK Diamond Ranch (Pomona, CA) 8 13
79 OT Brad Howell 6-1 320 Fr 1.94 48 49 OK Seabury Hall (Makawao, HI) 5 14
67 OT Emmitt Coleman 6-3 301 So 2.24 87 65 OK Santa Ana (Santa Ana, CA) 4 6
74 OT Russ McGee (S) 6-4 303 Sr 3.30 46 67 OK Manhattan (Manhattan, MT) 9 15
78 OT Kris Shiner 6-6 301 Fr 2.03 82 44 OK Newark (Newark, DE) 7 14
76 OT Mike Walker (S) 6-4 327 So 2.27 76 55 OK Redmond (Redmond, OR) 10 15
68 OG Troy Johnson 6-1 285 Sr 2.38 99 41 OK Sahuarita (Sahuarita, AZ) 6 9
70 OG David Carter 6-0 283 (So) 2.32 45 56 OK Nordhoff (Ojai, CA) 6 11
73 OG Eric Bieniemy (S) 6-0 284 So 3.92 65 75 OK Tolman (Pawtucket, RI) 10 12
65 OG Mike Meade (S) 6-3 289 Fr 1.97 99 53 OK Orem (Orem, UT) 8 15
69 OG Mike Reynolds 6-2 297 Jr 2.32 85 60 OK Waiakea (Hilo, HI) 5 9
53 C Bill Heeter 6-1 289 Sr 3.32 88 76 OK Culbertson (Culbertson, MT) 2 5
54 C Kevin Tripucka (S) 6-4 288 Sr 2.11 72 54 OK Mountlake Terrace (WA) 8 13
62 C Eric Evans 6-2 277 Fr 3.37 88 76 OK Bremerton (Bremerton, WA) 9 15
Defensive Lineman
97 DE Sam Amundson 6-7 270 Fr 3.47 49 75 OK Upper Arlington (Columbus, OH) 5 12
91 DE Kevin Putnam (S) 6-8 258 Fr 1.93 68 59 OK Kahuku (Kahuku, HI) 9 12
92 DE Terry Smith (S) 6-0 265 Sr 3.29 32 64 OK Chaffey (Ontario, CA) 11 13
98 DE Abdul-Salam Tolbert 6-2 275 Jr 2.01 72 45 OK J.R. Cabrillo (Long Beach, CA) 5 7
94 DE John Conwell 6-1 274 Fr 3.94 79 71 OK Marine City (Marine City, MI) 5 12
90 DT Trace McKenzie 6-3 291 Fr 3.52 83 47 OK Pointe Coupee Central (Morganza, LA) 9 16
93 DT Brad Adams 6-2 285 Fr 3.35 35 67 OK Green Hope (Morrisville, NC) 8 17
96 DT Donald Pardee 6-5 287 So 2.76 88 61 OK J.F. Kennedy (Richmond, CA) 4 6
99 DT Joshua Lewis (S) 6-6 292 So 1.69 90 53 OK Sherwood (Sandy Spring, MD) 11 15
95 DT Marcus Thompson (S) 6-7 283 (So) 1.83 75 44 OK Carmel (Carmel, CA) 10 14
Linebackers
56 ILB Robert Peete 6-1 227 Fr 3.34 70 96 OK Riverside Poly (Riverside, CA) 6 12
50 ILB LaVern Alexander (S) 6-0 247 Sr 2.11 51 54 OK Crenshaw (Los Angeles, CA) 13 16
57 ILB Al Gross 5-11 222 So 2.32 59 51 OK Valley Christian (San Jose, CA) 2 6
46 ILB Jeremiah Bratton 6-2 228 Fr 2.17 50 44 OK North Summit (Coalville, UT) 6 15
58 ILB Bernard Lipscomb 5-11 231 So 3.06 79 76 OK St. Dominic (O'Fallon, MO) 7 10
45 OLB Pat Davenport 6-2 237 Sr 1.74 78 66 OK San Bernadino (San Bernardino, CA) 11 14
55 OLB Tom Nock 6-1 234 Sr 3.70 64 68 OK Chester (Chester, CA) 5 7
47 OLB Rodrick Garcia (S) 6-2 225 Sr 1.72 93 48 OK Loyola (Los Angeles, CA) 10 13
44 OLB Trevor Malone (S) 6-1 238 Fr 2.34 98 56 OK Lowell (San Francisco, CA) 10 17
52 OLB Detron Allen 6-1 217 Fr 2.20 67 51 OK Tehachapi (Tehachapi, CA) 7 11
51 OLB Lou Buckhalter 6-2 230 Jr 3.64 89 78 OK Rancho Buena Vista (Vista, CA) 2 4
40 OLB Calvin Carlton 6-1 229 (So) 2.68 57 71 OK Colton (Colton, CA) 7 9
Defensive Backs
43 CB Robert Rolle 5-10 200 Jr 3.23 76 88 OK Golden Valley (Bakersfield, CA) 9 11
33 CB Dwone Secules (S) 5-11 191 So 2.16 60 64 OK Granite Bay (Granite Bay, CA) 13 16
32 CB Watts Soriano 5-10 189 Jr 2.01 48 50 OK South Tahoe (South Lake Tahoe, NV) 5 9
38 CB Tom Stricker 6-0 195 Jr 3.37 90 94 OK Santana (Santee, CA) 3 7
31 CB Wayne Cole (S) 6-0 182 So 2.05 41 43 OK Calvary Chapel (Downey, CA) 8 16
25 CB Wes Lehr 6-0 185 Sr 2.89 87 60 OK Hamilton (Los Angeles, CA) 6 10
22 FS Jonathan Green (S) 6-2 180 Sr 2.15 67 62 OK Hanalani (Mililani, HI) 16 17
35 FS Brian DeMulling 6-1 179 Jr 3.37 58 82 OK Lodge Grass (Lodge Grass, MT) 10 16
41 FS Ben Bruschi 6-0 202 Sr 2.23 88 35 OK Butte Valley (Dorris, CA) 5 8
23 SS Courtney Carlton 5-11 173 So 3.13 62 75 OK Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks, CA) 7 12
48 SS Don Brookins (S) 6-0 198 Sr 1.88 35 32 OK Kenai (Kenai Central, AK) 13 16
26 SS Jerome Bosley 6-0 180 Jr 3.94 82 83 OK Hawthorne (Hawthorne, CA) 6 10
Special teams
18 K John Mitchell 6-1 188 Jr 3.38 36 78 OK University (Los Angeles, CA) 7 10
08 K Matt Mason (S) 6-0 191 Fr 3.34 77 99 OK Moanalua (Honolulu, HI) 14 18
03 P Joe Graff (S) 6-1 216 Sr 3.35 89 84 OK St. Joseph (Santa Maria, CA) 9 12

Some comments to follow

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-27-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:52 PM   #116
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

QB's: Randy is clearly our starter. He is the star of this story. I'm glad to see that he didn't regress and is showing some improvement with even better potential than expected. Bennie showed some nice improvements as well. He will hold onto the #2 job, but I might put Walter in for 3rd and short plays behind Randy. Walter's scrambling will add a new dimension to our offense when Randy isn't in there.

HB: Malcolm and Wes are very close, and I'm not sure who will be the starter yet. Malcolm is more explosive with tremendous speed. Wes has a bit more consistency, but is also fast and doesn't pound the ball inside well. Lawrence Armstrong is my biggest disappointment yet from a recruiting standpoint.

FB: Louis will backup Chukky this year, but looks poised to take over next year.

WR: WOW! I'm glad I offered Lennox that 4th scholarship at the last minute. He looks very good in training camp. All 3 freshman receivers look like they will be big time contributors. Cliff Bell is a great #4 receiver and Dick Sayers is an excellent #5. I feel much better about our receiving corp, even though we don't have the polish of Randy Branch, yet.

TE: As I expected, Eric Williams will move right into the starter's role immediately.

OT: Steve Alexander is more polished than I could have hoped for. He might beat out Russ McGee, the senior as the starter. If he doesn't, he will still be a primary backup. Mike Walker played G quite a bit last year, but he is clearly one of our starters at OT now. This line is going to jell together, and be devastating in a year or so. This year, I expect some inconsistency..

OG: Mike Meade will probably start by default, but he isn't quite as polished as I would like. Eric Bieniemy started as a freshman last year and is a bit more polished now.

C: I think Eric Evans might win over the starter's job as a true freshman. Like I said, this line is going to be young and take time to jell...

DE: We lost a great deal of quality last year, but Kevin Putnam looks ready to start if he can stay eligible. Terry Smith was mostly a backup last year, but will start now. Sam Amundson has a ways to go before he is ready to start as does John Conwell. At least one of them will be redshirted.

DT: Trace McKenzie and Brad Adams are both better than expected, but need to learn how to play the game. I'm happy with their tremendous potential and will try to get them plenty of PT this year.

MLB: LaVern Alexander looked like he was bottoming out during the offseason, but after training hard, he looks good again. He won the MLB job late, but really played well at times. He will definitely start this year. Jeremiah Bratton has excellent potential, but I'll risk redshirting him and have Bernard as a main backup along with Robert Peete.

OLB: Trevor Malone looks like a special player and will certainly start as a true freshman. Rodrick Garcia has really grown this past year.

CB: Dwone started all year, and the experience has really helped him. He looks like he should be a very good corner this year. Wayne Cole actually has regressed this past year. I hate to rely on him as the other starter, but perhaps the lack of PT retarded his growth. I'll let him start this year at least at first. He needs to show growth throughout the year, or he might not be a starter next year. Robert Rolle provides decent depth.

FS: Jonathan Green looks like he is set for a special year. I'm so glad that he didn't go pro. I'll help him get on the All-American team hopefully. Brian DeMulling provides great depth.

SS: Don Brookins has started for the last 2 years and has really grown as a player. He is now better than I ever hoped he would be and should be a solid partner for Jonathan.

K: Matt Mason has been booming FG kicks in practice. I'm glad I did spend a scholarship on him, rather than just settle for John Mitchell.

P: Joe Graff has declined a bit in the last year, but he should be sufficient.

Now, let's take a closer look at Randy Collins.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:54 PM   #117
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here is a look at our coaches report on Randy now:

Randy Collins, Quarterback
USC
Current/Potential
RATING
YARDS
COMP%
TD
INT
14/19

USC Trojans
Attributes
Morale:
Unsure
Height:
6-2
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
So
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#2 QB
Position Ratings
Passing Accuracy:
Passing Touch:
Running:
Hands:
Punt Return:
Kick Return:
Durability:
Endurance:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Attempts:

Completions:

Passing yards:

Longest pass:

Touchdowns:

Game Logs
Week Opp Res Att Comp Comp% Yds Yds/A TD Int Lng Sack Rat R Yds YPC R TDs
Passing Statistics
Year GP GS Comp-Att Comp% Yds Yds/A TD TD% Int Int% Lng GP BP Sack Rat
2006 12 12 190-286 66.4 2596 9.1 20 7.0 4 1.4 69 20 1 22 163.0
Total 12 12 190-286 66.4 2596 9.1 20 7.0 4 1.4 69 20 1 22 163.0
Rushing Statistics
Year GP GS Rush Yds YPG YPC Lng TD CR MH Fum FLost Sack YL
2006 12 12 16 47 3.9 2.9 8 0 0 0 1 1 22 59 -
Total 12 12 16 47 3.9 2.9 8 0 0 0 1 1 22 59 -
Scouting Report
Potential

Has the tools to eventually become one of the most accurate passers in America. With continued development, touch passing is a skill that could really set him apart. Has the athletic base needed to eventually develop a good scrambling game. With sufficient practice time, he could develop quarterback instincts second to none.
Player Awards
Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 PM   #118
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Last year's report for comparision purposes:

USC
Current/Potential
RATING
YARDS
COMP%
TD
INT
12/18
USC Trojans
Attributes
Morale:
Content
Height:
6-2
Weight:
Ideal Wt:
Jersey:
Year:
Fr
OK
Energy:
HS Ranking:
Pos Ranking:
#2 QB
Position Ratings
Passing Accuracy:
Passing Touch:
Running:
Hands:
Punt Return:
Kick Return:
Durability:
Endurance:
Athletic Ratings
Arm Strength:
Acceleration:
Agility:
Speed:
Strength:
Jumping:
Instincts:
Aggressiveness:
Discipline:
Intelligence:
Work Ethic:
Personal Bests
Attempts:

Completions:

Passing yards:

Longest pass:

Touchdowns:

Game Logs
Week Opp Res Att Comp Comp% Yds Yds/A TD Int Lng Sack Rat R Yds YPC R TDs
1 ND W 17 11 64.7 120 7.1 1 0 36 3 143.4 0 0 0
2 AKR W 17 14 82.4 130 7.6 1 0 37 4 166 5 5 0
3 KEN W 25 20 80 335 13.4 5 0 69 2 258.6 7 2.33 0
4 NCST W 24 19 79.2 209 8.7 1 1 39 1 157.7 0 0 0
5 STAN W 25 18 72 217 8.7 2 0 56 0 171.3 3 3 0
6 @ORE L 9 5 55.6 74 8.2 0 0 21 0 124.6 2 2 0
7 @WAST W 22 18 81.8 302 13.7 2 0 59 1 227.1 4 4 0
8 WASH W 27 21 77.8 275 10.2 2 0 29 1 187.8 14 4.67 0
9 ARZ W 9 6 66.7 96 10.7 1 0 61 3 192.9 0 0 0
11 @ASU L 36 16 44.4 200 5.6 0 1 46 2 85.6 3 1.5 0
14 UCLA W 34 21 61.8 378 11.1 3 1 40 4 178.4 8 4 0
Total - - 245 169 69 2336 9.5 18 3 69 21 170.9 46 3.07 0
Passing Statistics
Year GP GS Comp-Att Comp% Yds Yds/A TD TD% Int Int% Lng GP BP Sack Rat
2006 11 11 169-245 69.0 2336 9.5 18 7.3 3 1.2 69 19 1 21 170.9
Total 11 11 169-245 69.0 2336 9.5 18 7.3 3 1.2 69 19 1 21 170.9
Rushing Statistics
Year GP GS Rush Yds YPG YPC Lng TD CR MH Fum FLost Sack YL
2006 11 11 15 46 4.2 3.1 8 0 0 0 1 1 21 56 -
Total 11 11 15 46 4.2 3.1 8 0 0 0 1 1 21 56 -
Scouting Report
Potential

As he continues to grow, his touch passing game could become as good as the pros. His potential arm strength has coaches salivating. If he pushes himself, he could have above average scrambling skills. With sufficient practice time, he could develop quarterback instincts second to none.
Player Awards
Old 12-27-2005, 11:58 PM   #119
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So, our coaches believe that he has greatly improved the touch on his passes. He has also improved his arm strength, scrambling, accuracy, and he is slightly more durable (I had him do quite a bit of weight training during the offseason, as well as conditioning work.)

I can't wait to see how he does this year with the weapons around him. Hopefully, the young O Line won't make him have to scramble too much.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just noticed that our recruiting class was ranked #1 in the nation!

Also, of note is that over half of our roster is either a freshman or sophomore.

Our offensive coordinator wants us to run a vertical offense, but we are going to stick with our balanced approach at least fundamentally. Some games, we might sling the ball around quite a bit.

Our defensive coordinator agrees that we should stick with a 4-3, but use quite a bit of Nickel defenses.

We only have 1 open game due to previously agreed home and home series. I want to play a fairly good team that won't hurt our SOS too much, so I request Colorado come to our place in week 2.

They decline our request.

I end up offering Colorado a Home and away.

They decline that as well. I guess they aren't as interested in playing us as I thought they were.

TCU is the only team available in week 2, and they accept the request to come to Los Angeles to play us.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:28 AM   #121
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC
Team Overview

Links: | Attributes | Depth Chart | Off/Def Ratings | Overview | Roster | Special Teams Ratings | Stats |
Team Info
RECORD COACH POLL MEDIA POLL RECRUIT CLASS PRESTIGE STRENGTH OF CONF PROJ
0-0 4th 3rd 1st Excellent (81) 31st 1st Place
Team Schedule
WEEK OPPONENT SCORE
1 NC State -
2 Texas Christian -
3 OPEN -
4 Arizona -
5 Wash State -
6 at #16 Notre Dame -
7 at California -
8 Kentucky -
9 at Stanford -
10 at Washington -
11 Oregon -
12 Arizona State -
13 OPEN -
14 UCLA -
15 OPEN -
Pacific Ten Standings
TEAM W-L CONF W-L PF PA
Arizona 0-0 0-0 0 0
Arizona State 0-0 0-0 0 0
California 0-0 0-0 0 0
Oregon 0-0 0-0 0 0
Oregon State 0-0 0-0 0 0
Stanford 0-0 0-0 0 0
UCLA 0-0 0-0 0 0
USC 0-0 0-0 0 0
Washington 0-0 0-0 0 0
Wash State 0-0 0-0 0 0
Team Injury Report
POS NAME INJURY STATUS
Team Stats

OFFENSE DEFENSE
Total Yards/Game 0.0 0.0
Rushing Yards/Game 0.0 0.0
Passing Yards/Game 0.0 0.0
Old 12-28-2005, 12:35 AM   #122
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our Redshirt List:

OT Kris Shiner - 434th player in the nation is raw still, but has very good potential. Hopefully, this doesn't upset him too much.

OT Brad Howell - Even more raw. I want to give him time to develop and reach his potential.

DE John Conwell 491st player nationally needs to develop more before he is ready to play.

I'm going to get both of my freshman DT's PT, and decide not to redshirt them.

MLB Jeremiah Bratton has tremendous potential. I hope redshirting him doesn't upset him too much.

Preview of the 1st game:

Today we play the NC State Wolf Pack. They have a high flying offense, and their offense is considered to be comparible to our own explosive offense. Our defense is considered to be stronger than theirs with our DB's really shining. Their special teams are supposed to be better.

Gameplan:

Despite, my inclination to control the clock to stop NC State's offense, our offensive coordinator wants us to go with a pass heavy offense. I agree to the plan.

Our defensive coordinator wants us to run plenty of Nickel and Dime defenses to stop their passing game, and I agree.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:22 AM   #123
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have 92,000 fans here to root on the team.

Randy's first pass is just over Billy Kelley's head.

However, he converts a 3rd and 8 by hitting Lennox Franklin across the middle for a 12 yard completion.

They stop us just short of a 1st on 3rd and 6. We connect on a 41 yard FG. Good kick by the Freshman kicker. Randy Collins was 4 of 6 for 35 yards on that first drive.

They have a talented group of receivers and QB, but our DB's are all over them and we force a 3 and out.

We have a short failed drive, and they then put together a 59 yard drive capped by a 2 yard TD run from their HB. 7-3 NC State.

We get back to back holding calls to start our drive which forces us into a 1st and 27. Terrible.

We can't recover from that, and we end up punting from deep in our zone.

Great punt for 57 yards.

End of 1: 7-3 NC State with the Wolfpack driving.

We stop them just outside the 30. They connect on a 48 yard FG. 10-3.

Randy drives us down the field with an 80 yard drive (66 in the air) that ends in a 20 yard TD pass to the now backup TE. 10-10 game.

Pete Myers is absolutely methodical in driving them into our zone, but at our 25, Jonathan Green nails the HB and causes a fumble and then recovers the Fumble!

Randy methodically leads us down the field, but Wes Nelson drops a 3rd and 3 pass. We connect on a 45 yard FG. 13-10 lead for us with 2 minutes left in the half.

SS Don Brookins picks off the second play of their next drive and gets us the ball deep in their turf!

First play, Malcolm Maston jukes out two guys, sprints into the endzone! TD! 27 yarder. Malcolm really has some dazzling moves. 20-10.

Jonathan Green blitzes... sacks the QB, causes another Fumble! Our DT recovers it, but it's halftime.

Halftime: 20-10 lead for us.

Randy's stats at the half: 16 of 22 passes for 147 yards 1 TD. 0 sacks!

They get the ball to start the half. 3 and out.

Randy fumbles on our next drive when he is sacked, but our C recovered it.

We still end up having to punt.

Our defense holds up well and forces a 3 and out.

Randy leads us down the field very methodically, spreading the ball around, but starts holding his leg around the 20. He shakes it off.

Randy connects 2 plays later on a 5 yard hook route with Kelley! 27-10. Randy was perfect on that drive.

On the 2nd play of their drive, Jonathan Green hurts his back making a tackle, and has to leave the game. Brian DeMulling is very nice depth for this situation.

We stop them short of midfield.

Randy leads us on a perfect drive covering 81 yards (73 in the air) that ends with a 47 yard bomb to Chukky Odom! 34-10. I love that Randy used his checkoffs well on that drive, keeping the ball moving with short passes before that long streak.

End of 3: 34-10 lead for us.

We stop them short of the 37, and they miss a 55 yard FG wide right.

We get called for a crackback block and that causes 1st and 25. Randy is sacked the next play for a loss of 3 yards.

Randy throws an interception to their CB which is returned 18 yards for a TD. We intercept the 2 pt converstion attempt. 34-16.

Randy methodically drives us down the field with short passes, until he sees Jerry Jones open deep. He hits him in stride for a 40 yard TD! 41-16.

Lavern Alexnader intercepts the 2nd pass of their next drive. However, Brian DeMulling is hurt on the play. I can't afford to lose both FS's. Hopefully, they are ok.

We run the ball 3 times, and go 3 and out. Only 3 minutes left in the game.

We force them to punt after 5 or 6 plays, and then Malcolm and Wes do a nice job of running teh ball and running out the clock.

We could have scored, but we take the knee just outside the 5 to end the game.

Game over. 41-16 win

Pros: Except for the interception, Randy Collins looked great. He spread the ball around, and we had all of our freshman WR's contribute. The defense played well against a very good offense.

Cons: Jonathan Green is probably the most important defender and he was hurt. His backup was hurt. Hopefully, they aren't serious injuries.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:27 AM   #124
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
NC State
(0-1)
USC
(1-0)
Team Statistics
NCST
USC
First Downs1732
Rushing
Passing
Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency3-119-15
4th-down Efficiency0-00-1
Total Net Yards296544
Total plays
Average gain
Net Yards Rushing99180
Rushes
Average per rush
Net Yards Passing197364
Completed-attempted
20-34
33-42
Yards per pass
Sacked-yards lost
1-8
3-11
Had intercepted
Punts-average4-444-46.5
Return Yardage16067
Punts-returns
1-18
2-8
Kickoffs-returns
6-124
2-53
Interceptions-returns
1-18
2-6
Penalties-yards4-398-72
Fumbles-lost2-21-0
Touchdowns25
Rushing
Passing
Extra Points1-15-5
Field Goals1-22-2
Red Zone Efficiency1-1-100%2-3-66.7%
Time Of Possession24:5735:09
First Quarter
USC
FG
11:02
3-0
Matt Mason 41 YD
NCST
TD
04:14
7-3
Stephen Perkins 2 YD Run (Merrill Russell Kick).
Second Quarter
NCST
FG
13:44
10-3
Merrill Russell 48 YD
USC
TD
10:35
10-10
Dashon Kattus 20 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
FG
02:36
13-10
Matt Mason 45 YD
USC
TD
01:42
20-10
Malcolm Maston 27 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
Third Quarter
USC
TD
05:21
27-10
Billy Kelley 5 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
TD
00:53
34-10
Chukky Odom 47 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
Fourth Quarter
NCST
TD
10:32
34-16
18 YD Int Return by Rich Bates (2 Pts Failed)
USC
TD
05:45
41-16
Jerry Jones 41 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
NCST PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB P. Myers
20/34
1-8
USC PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB R. Collins
30/39
2-4
QB B. Brady
3/3
1-7
NCST RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB S. Perkins
RB M. Carter
FB J. Ashton
USC RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB M. Maston
RB W. Nelson
FB C. Odom
QB R. Collins
NCST RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR J. Sayers
TE C. Bannan
WR R. Butler
WR J. Ferguson
RB S. Perkins
WR F. Williams
WR S. Moore
USC RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR L. Franklin
WR J. Jones
WR B. Kelley
FB C. Odom
RB W. Nelson
TE D. Kattus
WR D. Sayers
RB M. Maston
TE E. Williams
NCST O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG G. Scales
TE C. Bannan
OG R. Goodridge
C C. McGraw
OT G. Blye
OT J. Farr
USC O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT R. McGee
FB C. Odom
OG E. Bieniemy
OT M. Walker
OT S. Alexander
C E. Evans
OG T. Johnson
OG M. Meade
OT J. Hayes
NCST FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
FB J. Ashton
QB P. Myers
USC FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR B. Kelley
OG E. Bieniemy
FS J. Green
DT J. Lewis
NCST KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Russell
1/2
1/1
USC KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Mason
2/2
5/5
NCST PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P M. Alexander
USC PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Graff
NCST KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
FB J. Ashton
WR K. Workman
USC KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR B. Kelley
NCST PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR K. Workman
USC PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB D. Secules
FS J. Green
NCST DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
OLB N. Forsey
8-2
SS C. Walker
6-4
ILB W. McMillian
5-2
DT M. Hanson
5-0
OLB J. Coleman
4-0
OLB J. Pyle
3-4
FS J. Glass
3-3
ILB P. McCrary
3-2
SS M. Davis
2-2
CB J. Goodspeed
2-2
DT J. McAddley
2-0
DE O. Younger
1-0
DE W. Blundin
1-0
CB J. Kilmer
0-2
CB R. Bates
0-0
USC DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
FS J. Green
6-2
SS D. Brookins
5-2
FS B. DeMulling
4-2
ILB L. Alexander
4-1
CB D. Secules
3-0
OLB T. Malone
2-0
CB R. Rolle
1-2
OLB R. Garcia
1-2
OLB P. Davenport
1-0
CB W. Cole
0-3
Player of the Game
CP/AT
Yards
TD
INT
RUSH
30/39
Game Information
Attendance: 92,000
Temperature: 91
Weather: Sunny and clear
Old 12-28-2005, 01:38 AM   #125
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Injury Report:

FS Jonathan Green suffered a pulled muscle in his back, but he is probable for the game against TCU.

Everyone else is 100% now.

Depth Chart issues:

I officially promote Malcolm Maston to the starting HB slot, but he will continue to share carries with Wes Nelson.

No other changes.

Preview:

Our Offense is 7th in the nation early. Our defense is currently 53rd, but of course this isn't accurate as many teams haven't played yet.

Our offense is judged to be a fair bit better than TCU's. Our defense is judged to be much better. Our Special teams are a bit better. We are 29 point favorites at home.

TCU's star player is TE Warren Morris, who is really just average. DE Jerry Randle is the leader of their defense. The sophmore has a tremendous amount of potential, and is already a good player. He didn't play last year, but we will have to keep a close eye on him and block him well.

Gameplan:

Our offensive coordinator suggests the pass heavy offense that I devised that we ran last week. I agree with the plan.

Our defensive coordinator suggests a balanced approach on defense with heavy blitzing from Jonathan Green. I agree to the plan.

Oh well, I go back to work tomorrow. I guess I better step away for tonight. I can't wait to see how Randy plays this year.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #126
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Nice job on recruiting! I note the time at 1:38am, which means after seeing your #1 recruiting job you just had to get that team out onto the field and see how they would do.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:44 PM   #127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Nice job on recruiting! I note the time at 1:38am, which means after seeing your #1 recruiting job you just had to get that team out onto the field and see how they would do.

Yep. BBCF kept me up 2 hours past my planned bedtime last night

Looking forward to playing after work some tonight.

If we can stay healthy (particularly Randy and Jonathan Green) I think a BCS bowl is well within our reach this season.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #128
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have 92,000 fans here today.

We kickoff to TCU and they return it to the 35 to start the game.

We force a 3 and out and get the ball on our own 20.

The 2nd play of the drive, Randy Collins hits Lennox Franklin in stride on a post and he outraces the entire TCU team to the endzone! 68 yard TD. 7-0 Lead!

They put together a methodical 13 play and we stop them inside the 10, but an offeisdes call gives them another chance. Fortunately, we stop the 3rd and goal from the 3. They go for it on 4th and down and fail to complete the pass. Our defense played tough once they got in the red zone.

FB Chukky Odom is injured on the 3rd play of our drive. He won't return today.

Jerry Randle with a big sack on the next play and we have to punt it.

We force a 3 and out, but they pin us inside our own 3.

End of 1: 7-0 lead for us, and we are driving down the field.

We put together a 11 play balance drive that covers 97 yards. The drive ends with a 8 yard TD pass from Collins to Franklin for their 2nd TD of the day! 14-0. I'm so glad that I offered Franklin that scholarship.

The 2nd play of their drive, Dwone Secules intercepts the ball just around the 50.

Oh my, the first play of the drive, Randy Collins injures his back, when he hands the ball to the HB!!! Randy doesn't look like he will return. He had completed 5 of 8 passes for 114 yards and 2 TD's before the injury.

Bennie Brady leads us over 50 yards as he is 4 of 4 for 50 yards and a TD on the drive. He finally connected with Jerry Jones for the TD. 21-0 with 12 minutes left in the first half.

They only move the ball 14 yards, before we stop them 3 times and force the punt. We get the ball on our own 20.

Bennie leads us on a brilliant 80 yard drive (66 yards in the air) and finally connects with Dick Sayers for an 8 yard TD. 28-0. Bennie is playing great. He has really matured from last year. 28-0.

They drive inside the 30, but then we stop them. Unfortunately, Jonathan Green is hurt when he tackles the HB and it doesn't look like he will return. They miss the 46 yard FG attempt.

FB Louis Liske has a brilliant 9 yard run in which he bowls over 3 defenders to convert a 2nd and 9 on a 72 yard drive in which we ran it for 50 yards. Unfortunately, that is a few yards too short and we settle for a short FG. 31-0 just before the end of the half.

Halftime: 31-0 lead for us! Randy's stats are as above which were 5 of 8 passing for 114 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's. Bennie Brady had 10 of 12 passing for 128 yards 2 TD's 0 INT in his first half work.

They sack Bennie on a 3rd and 6 and we punt from our own 35 on our first drive. A personal foul on the punt return gives them great field position on our 40.

We only let them drive 12 yards before we force 3 incompletions in a row. They end up punting the ball.

We exchange failed drives, but then put together a 72 yard drive (59 in the air) that ends with a 10 yard TD run by Malcolm in which he juked 2 guys out of their socks. 38-0.

End of 3: 38-0 lead for us with TCU driving.

We stop them just outside the 8 yard line. They miss the 28 yard FG, but we were offsides. They connect on a 23 yard FG. 38-3.

We have an 85 yard kickoff return that is stopped just outside their 15. They stop us short on a 3rd and 2. We make a 24 yard FG. 41-3.

We exchange multiple failed drives, before Wes Nelson runs the ball from 1 yard out for a TD. 48-3 with 2 minutes left.

We stop them on 4th and 8 and then run out the clock.

Game over. 48-3 win!!!

Pros: The offense played great. Bennie showed that he can lead us to victories (at least against inferior competition.) The defense played great.

Cons: Both Jonathan Green and Randy Collns are looking brittle early..
Old 12-28-2005, 11:07 PM   #129
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Texas Christian
(0-1)
USC
(2-0)
Team Statistics
TCU
USC
First Downs1332
Rushing
Passing
Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency5-179-16
4th-down Efficiency1-10-2
Total Net Yards252556
Total plays
Average gain
Net Yards Rushing99164
Rushes
Average per rush
Net Yards Passing153392
Completed-attempted
12-36
28-39
Yards per pass
Sacked-yards lost
2-10
4-28
Had intercepted
Punts-average6-424-41.2
Return Yardage173118
Punts-returns
2-22
2-20
Kickoffs-returns
7-151
1-86
Interceptions-returns
0-0
2-12
Penalties-yards2-2510-84
Fumbles-lost0-00-0
Touchdowns06
Rushing
Passing
Extra Points0-06-6
Field Goals1-22-2
Red Zone Efficiency1-2-50%7-8-87.5%
Time Of Possession27:1132:59
First Quarter
USC
TD
12:18
7-0
Lennox Franklin 68 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
Second Quarter
USC
TD
14:15
14-0
Lennox Franklin 6 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
TD
12:01
21-0
Jerry Jones 14 YD Pass from Bennie Brady (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
TD
07:06
28-0
Dick Sayers 8 YD Pass from Bennie Brady (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
FG
00:30
31-0
Matt Mason 29 YD
Third Quarter
USC
TD
02:08
38-0
Malcolm Maston 10 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
Fourth Quarter
TCU
FG
13:52
38-3
Jonathan Culpepper 23 YD
USC
FG
10:38
41-3
Matt Mason 24 YD
USC
TD
02:23
48-3
Wes Nelson 1 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
TCU PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB D. Boireau
9/27
0-0
QB B. Davenport
3/9
2-10
USC PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Brady
20/27
3-24
QB R. Collins
5/8
1-4
QB J. McGeoghan
2/3
0-0
QB W. Liddiard
1/1
0-0
TCU RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB E. Givan
RB M. Krepfle
QB B. Davenport
QB D. Boireau
USC RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB M. Maston
RB W. Nelson
FB L. Liske
WR J. Jones
QB B. Brady
WR B. Kelley
QB J. McGeoghan
TCU RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR J. Walters
WR R. Robinson
WR M. Sutherland
WR E. Marshall
RB E. Givan
RB M. Krepfle
USC RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR L. Franklin
WR B. Kelley
WR J. Jones
RB W. Nelson
RB M. Maston
WR D. Sayers
TE E. Williams
FB L. Liske
TCU O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT A. Jackson
OT S. Howard
TE J. Cash
OG T. Stewart
USC O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT J. Hayes
OT R. McGee
OT M. Walker
OT S. Alexander
C E. Evans
C K. Tripucka
TE E. Williams
OG M. Meade
TE D. Kattus
TCU FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
USC FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
TCU KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K J. Culpepper
1/2
0/0
USC KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Mason
2/2
6/6
TCU PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P B. Dean
USC PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Graff
TCU KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR M. Sutherland
CB K. Hardy
FS B. Watson
USC KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR B. Kelley
TCU PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR M. Adams
USC PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
CB D. Secules
TCU DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB B. Abraham
10-0
ILB J. Perry
6-3
FS T. Suggs
5-4
OLB J. Stricker
5-0
OLB D. Grannell
4-1
DE J. Randle
3-0
FS B. Watson
2-0
DE J. Merkins
2-0
CB K. Hardy
2-0
SS R. Finks
1-4
CB J. McKenzie
1-0
SS L. Peterson
0-0
USC DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
FS B. DeMulling
7-1
SS D. Brookins
5-0
ILB L. Alexander
4-2
FS J. Green
4-0
CB W. Cole
3-1
DE T. Smith
3-1
OLB R. Garcia
1-1
OLB T. Malone
1-0
FS B. Bruschi
0-2
CB R. Rolle
0-2
CB D. Secules
0-1
SS C. Carlton
0-1
DT M. Thompson
0-1
ILB B. Lipscomb
0-1
Player of the Game
Lennox Franklin, Wide Receiver
Rec
Yards
YAC
TD
LNG
Game Information
Temperature: 79
Weather: Sunny and clear
Old 12-28-2005, 11:12 PM   #130
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 3:

FB Louis Liske was declared academically ineligible for the next 3 weeks.

We have a bye this week.

USC
Team Overview
Team Info
RECORDCOACH POLLMEDIA POLLRECRUIT CLASSPRESTIGESTRENGTH OFCONF PROJ
2-04th3rd1stExcellent (81)37th1st Place
Team Schedule
WEEKOPPONENTSCORE
1NC StateW 41-16
2Texas ChristianW 48-3
3OPEN-
4Arizona-
5Wash State-
6at #16 Notre Dame-
7at California-
8Kentucky-
9at Stanford-
10at Washington-
11#23 Oregon-
12Arizona State-
13OPEN-
14UCLA-
15OPEN-
Pacific Ten Standings
TEAMW-LCONF W-LPFPA
USC2-00-08919
Arizona State1-00-04413
Oregon1-00-02711
Washington1-00-03926
Oregon State2-00-06554
Arizona1-10-06746
Wash State1-10-06545
Stanford1-10-04834
California1-10-06148
UCLA0-10-02333
Team Injury Report
POSNAMEINJURYSTATUS
QBRandy CollinsLower Back (Slipped Disc)Prob(0-2)
FBChukky OdomLower Back (Slipped Disc)Prob(0-2)
Team Stats
OFFENSEDEFENSE
Total Yards/Game550.0274.0
Rushing Yards/Game172.099.0
Passing Yards/Game378.0175.0
Old 12-28-2005, 11:19 PM   #131
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Your schedule looks favorable.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:26 PM   #132
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Your schedule looks favorable.

I agree. Hopefully 12-0 will be enough to get us into the National Championship Game. At the least, we should have a very good shot at a BCS game barring major injuries.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:27 PM   #133
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 4 News:

All of my players are 100% healthy.

Depth Chart Issues:

Our than losing our backup FB, there are no changes.

Polls:

I'm not going to worry about this until about week 8.

Preview:
Today we host Arizona. They are 48th in the nation on offense and 56th on defense. We are 6th on offense and 4th on defense. Marcus Hicks is a talented RB and is their main star. He has almost 400 yards rushing in 3 games and has 2 TD's. CB Mark Mandley is a very talented junior who is probably better than most of my cornerbacks at this point. He already has 5 PD and 3 INT's.

Overall, we are ranked better in each group other than special teams.

We are 9 point favorites at home. I expect us to win by more than that.

Gameplan:

Our OC wants to run the same pass first offense. Our DC wants to run a balanced defense. I agree with their recommendations.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:11 AM   #134
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

92,000 fans here today as we continue our streak of sell outs.

Billy Kelley with a nice return to start us at our own 35.

Jerry Jones drops a pass (due to a big hit from the Safety) that would have converted a 3rd and 4. WE end up punting and get a monster punt to put them inside their own 5.

QB Jeff Smith has a big 45 yard pass as a key play in the 95 yard drive which ends in a 2 yard TD run by their HB Crouse who is starting in place of Hicks who is apparently hurt a bit. 7-0 Arizona.

Randy drives us to midfield, but throws an interception to OLB Wakefield who read the slant. They start at about the 50.

We force a 4 and out and get the punt on our own 20.

Randy has two incomplete passes, and then is sacked for 8 yards by their MLB. Randy is having a rough start. We punt and they get it on their 37.

DT Brad Adams gets his first sack for us for a yard.

We force a 3 and out.

Randy's first pass is deflected by the MLB and right into the Strong safetie's arms! He returns it 16 yards for a TD! 14-0 Arizona.

Billy Kelley with a 47 yard return to give us good field position.

End of 1: 14-0 lead for Arizona.

We put together a 53 yard drive, mostly on the ground, that ends with a 3 yard TD run by Malcolm. 14-7.

We force a 3 and out as Jonathan Green stuffs their HB twice.

WOW! Wes Nelson cut through a seam in our line, juked the SS and ran a TD 89 yards! 14-14.

We force a 4 and out and they punt. Jonathan Green with a 21 yard punt return to give us great field position.

Malcolm Maston breaks out a 24 yard run on the first play with some nice moves.

However, Eric Williams drops a 3rd and 7 pass that would have given a first down. We settle for a 40 yard FG. 17-14 USC lead.

They get a great kickoff return and a personal foul against Brian DeMulling to start on our 38.

They have been running a lot of option, and they execute a great pitch to get Crouse a 21 yard TD run. 21-17 Arizona with 4 minutes left in the half.

We end up getting stopped short and punt with 2 minutes left.

They drive to the 35, and call timeout with a second left. They connect on a 52 yard FG. 24-17 Arizona.

Halftime: 24-17 Arizona. Randy's stats: 4 of 11 passes for 54 yards 0 TD 2 INT. Terrible first half, but we are still in the game.

Trevor Malone has a key tackle on Marcus Hicks who is playing Wingback for them. We force a 3 and out.

We get a 10 yard run, but Randy is sacked by Bradford Cook on the next play.

Malcolm runs over Thatcher Chambers, the corner we recruited, and breaks off a 25 yard run.

Randy finishes off this drive in which we go 80 yards in 7 plays ending with a 13 yard TD pass to Lennox Franklin on a corner route. 24-24.

Brian DeMulling is injured on the first play of their drive, and he doesn't look like he will return.

Jeff Smith hits Doug Kearse in stride with a perfect rainbow pass, and he beats our defense for a 57 yard TD. 31-24.

They are getting very good pressure, and good coverage and they get a coverage sack forcing us to punt.

FS Jonathan Green injures his back when tackling a WR and he has to leave. We are now playing a very inexperienced 3rd string FS!

We stop them just outside the 30, but they connect on a 48 yard FG. 34-24 Arizona.

End of 3: Arizona 34 - USC 24.

Randy overthrows his receiver on 3rd and 6 and we have to punt.

They put together a 5 minute drive and are working inside our 20 when Lavern Alexander forces a fumble adn recovers it.

Unfortunately, one play later Wes Nelson catches a short pass and fumbles it when he is hit. They recover the ball. Suddenly, I'm doubting that we will go 12-0. It looks like we are going to lose against an average Arizona team at our home field..

They put together a 40 yard drive which ends with a TD pass from Jeff Smith to their FB. 41-24 Only 5 minutes left.

Randy has just had a terrible game.

Randy is sacked on the 1st play of this drive. That is the 6th time he has been sacked.

Randy is getting pressured almost every play now.

We can't convert a 3rd and 10 and we go 3 and out with a punt.

We get the ball back with under 2 minutes left. They are playing back, and Randy is finally connecting on passs. It is too little, too late.

Randy overthrows a 4th and 6 and we end up losing the ball. They run out the clock.

Game over. 41-24 loss to Arizona.

Pros: Not many. I guess our RB's looked good at least.

Cons: Randy looked bad. Our offensive line looked bad. I knew they might take time to mature. An average to good D line just tore them apart.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 AM   #135
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Arizona
(3-1)
USC
(2-1)
Team Statistics
ARZ
USC
First Downs3016
Rushing
Passing
Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency9-172-11
4th-down Efficiency0-10-0
Total Net Yards495341
Total plays
Average gain
Net Yards Rushing182177
Rushes
Average per rush
Net Yards Passing313164
Completed-attempted
27-36
13-26
Yards per pass
Sacked-yards lost
2-5
5-26
Had intercepted
Punts-average6-41.76-50.2
Return Yardage157224
Punts-returns
4-22
1-21
Kickoffs-returns
4-113
7-203
Interceptions-returns
2-22
0-0
Penalties-yards8-808-69
Fumbles-lost2-11-1
Touchdowns53
Rushing
Passing
Extra Points5-53-3
Field Goals2-21-1
Red Zone Efficiency2-3-66.7%2-2-100%
Time Of Possession36:2023:45
First Quarter
ARZ
TD
09:13
7-0
Charlie Crouse 2 YD Run (Fred Kemp Kick).
ARZ
TD
02:18
14-0
16 YD Int Return by Jim Blackmon (Fred Kemp Kick).
Second Quarter
USC
TD
13:16
14-7
Malcolm Maston 3 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
TD
10:16
14-14
Wes Nelson 89 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
FG
05:56
17-14
Matt Mason 40 YD
ARZ
TD
04:12
21-17
Charlie Crouse 21 YD Run (Fred Kemp Kick).
ARZ
FG
00:00
24-17
Fred Kemp 52 YD
Third Quarter
USC
TD
10:37
24-24
Lennox Franklin 13 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
ARZ
TD
07:28
31-24
Doug Kearse 57 YD Pass from Jeff Smith (Fred Kemp Kick).
ARZ
FG
00:43
34-24
Fred Kemp 48 YD
Fourth Quarter
ARZ
TD
05:22
41-24
Curtis Solomon 3 YD Pass from Jeff Smith (Fred Kemp Kick).
ARZ PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB J. Smith
27/36
2-5
USC PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB R. Collins
10/22
4-13
QB B. Brady
2/3
1-13
QB W. Liddiard
1/1
0-0
ARZ RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB C. Crouse
QB J. Smith
FB C. Solomon
RB M. Hicks
WR L. Glover
USC RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB W. Nelson
RB M. Maston
WR J. Jones
ARZ RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR D. Kearse
WR H. Wright
WR L. Glover
RB M. Hicks
FB C. Solomon
RB C. Crouse
TE J. Flanagan
USC RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR L. Franklin
RB W. Nelson
WR J. Jones
WR B. Kelley
RB M. Maston
TE E. Williams
ARZ O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG R. Burton
RB M. Hicks
TE J. Flanagan
OG D. Brunson
USC O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT R. McGee
OG T. Johnson
TE D. Kattus
OT J. Hayes
OT M. Walker
TE E. Williams
OG M. Meade
C E. Evans
ARZ FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB M. Hicks
TE J. Flanagan
DT J. Smith
C J. Goss
USC FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB W. Nelson
ILB L. Alexander
ARZ KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K F. Kemp
2/2
5/5
USC KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Mason
1/1
3/3
ARZ PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P K. Haley
USC PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Graff
ARZ KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR T. Morin
RB C. Crouse
ILB D. Hill
USC KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
CB T. Stricker
WR B. Kelley
ARZ PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR C. Schobel
USC PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS J. Green
ARZ DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB M. Faulk
6-0
FS R. Gamble
5-2
DE B. Cook
5-0
CB M. Mandley
3-2
SS J. Blackmon
3-1
DE J. Boyd
1-1
OLB D. Wakefield
1-1
SS B. Duper
1-1
FS R. Pearson
1-0
DT J. Smith
1-0
DT T. Smart
1-0
CB T. Chambers
0-2
USC DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB L. Alexander
9-3
SS D. Brookins
7-2
OLB T. Malone
6-1
FS J. Green
4-0
CB D. Secules
3-1
OLB P. Davenport
3-1
DT B. Adams
3-0
FS B. DeMulling
3-0
CB W. Cole
2-5
OLB R. Garcia
2-3
FS B. Bruschi
2-2
DE K. Putnam
2-0
DT M. Thompson
1-1
SS C. Carlton
1-0
CB R. Rolle
0-4
Player of the Game
Charlie Crouse, Running Back
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Temperature: 79
Weather: Slightly overcast
Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 AM   #136
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 5:

Injury Report:

Chukky Odom damaged his ankle, but he is probable for this week.

LG: Eric Bieniemy sprained his thumb, but he is probable for this week.

FS: Jonathan Green suffered a pulled muscle in his lower back. He is questionable for this week, but I'm going to be forced to play him because Brian is hurt too.

FS: Brian DeMulling has a severely sprained ankle, and he is doubtful for this week.

Notable stats:

Despite that poor game, Randy's RTG of 162.6 is still in the top 15 for starters.

Depth Chart Issues:

We leave Chukky in there, particularly since his backup is ineligible still.

I leave Eric Bieniemy in there despite his poor game this past week.

I put DeMulling on the bench and ask our #2 SS to play backup for FS as well. Hopefully, Jonathan can play and play reasonably well the whole game.

Preview:

We play Washington State next. They are 3-1 and are 25th in the nation. Their offense is 12th in the nation led by star RB Russ Hall who has a real shot at the Heisman. He has run for almost 700 yards already including a 260 yard game last week. He is extremely talented and is a true bruiser who can run over anyone. Their defense isn't as good and they are ranked 91st. They are led by Steve Tippins who is an average cornerback, but he does have 2 interceptions already this year.

Gameplan:

Despite the poor showing last week, our OC wants us to run a heavy pass offense. I agree.

Our DC wants us to focus on stopping the run, which I definitely agree with.

We dropped to 16th in the polls. Washington State is 25th. One of us will be moving up. We are 4 point favorites at home.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 AM   #137
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have over 92,000 fans here today.

We have a poor kickoff, and they return it 25 yards to the 49.

We stuff the run the first play, and get 2 sacks on the QB to force a 3 and out!

Randy starts off with a 24 yard strike to Lennox Franklin, great way to start. Malcolm fumbles the ball on his first carry, but Chukky recovers it.

2 plays later Chukky is hurt and will have to leave the game.

The next play, Wes Nelson runs a sweep for a 46 yard TD! 7-0.

We force a 3 and out.

Randy scrambles on a 3rd and 8 and manages to pickup 7. We end up punting and pinning them inside their 5.

We force a 3 and out as Lavern Alexander makes a key tackle on 3rd and 2.

We end up going 4 and then out. Their QB has a big 40 yard pass, and then Russ Hall runs over 3 of my guys for a 17 yard rushing TD. 7-7.

Randy is sacked on 3rd and 8 and we have to punt. Our offensive line isn't giving him enough time.

CB Dwone Secules tackles their HB, and Secules is hurt and has to leave the game.

End of 1: 7-7 with Washington driving.

We stop the HB on a 3rd and 3, but a facemask penalty gives them a first. WE later force a 4th and 2, but they hit their Star HB Russ Hall on a 2 yard screen pass for a TD. 14-7 Washington.

Our C, Eric, is hurt, and has to leave the game.

Randy threw well for about 8 plays driving us to the 40, but overthrew the receiver on 2nd and 10, and 3rd and 10. We fake the punt! LaVern Alexander rushes for the 1st down.

The next play Randy is hurt and has to leave the game.

Bennie drives us inside the 5, but is sacked on 3rd down. We make the 24 yard FG. 14-10.

We force a 3 and out and will get the ball back with 3 1/2 minutes left.

They sack Bennie on the first play, our offensive line is troubling me now.

We come up a yard short on a 3rd and 9 and end up punting.

Robert Rolle intercepts the ball at midfield giving us back the ball with 50 seconds left.

We connect on a quick pass to get inside the 31. With 8 seconds left, we go for the FG, but miss it wide left.

Halftime: 14-10.

Randy's stats (before being hurt) 6 of 14 passing for 76 yards. Bennie's stats: 4 of 5 for 41 yards.

We exchange several short drives, before driving inside their 10. However, our 27 yard FG is blocked.

End of 3: 14-10. We exchanged many 10-30 yard drives, but no one could get any long drives.

Our first drive of the 4th quarter, Bennie hit a long pass to Frankling to drive us inside the 22. We made the 39 yard FG. 14-13 Wash State leads.

We force a 3 and out.

Bennie leads a methodical drive, then a 36 yard long pass to Kelley to get us inside the 5.

On 3rd and 2 Walter Liddiard, our scrambling QB, passes to Wes Nelson for a 2 yard TD!

Wes Nelson runs it in for the 2 point conversion. 21-14!

DExter McClanahan leads them on an impressive drive, as he connects on 3 big plays that cover 60 yards to get inside the 5, but we stop them on 3 consecutive plays inside the 5! They make a 23 yard FG. 21-17, we lead with 4 minutes left. We just need to run out the clock.

Our 2nd string C is hurt, and we are now playing a scrub at C! Fortunately, there are only 2 minutes left.

Malcolm has a dazzling run for 8 yards to convert a 3rd and 7 and keep the clock running.

We run out the clock.

Game over. 21-17 win for us

Pros: Bennie looked pretty good. Our defense was spectacular in the 2nd half, and we held one of the top rushers in the nation to his first sub 100 yard game all year.

Cons: Randy looked bad, before he was hurt. Again, he shows his fragile nature.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:14 AM   #138
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
Wash State
(3-2)
USC
(3-1)
Team Statistics
WAST
USC
First Downs1624
Rushing
Passing
Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency4-148-19
4th-down Efficiency1-11-0
Total Net Yards350480
Total plays
Average gain
Net Yards Rushing100185
Rushes
Average per rush
Net Yards Passing250295
Completed-attempted
18-36
21-39
Yards per pass
Sacked-yards lost
2-9
4-10
Had intercepted
Punts-average8-44.66-45.5
Return Yardage11095
Punts-returns
2-8
4-32
Kickoffs-returns
4-102
3-59
Interceptions-returns
0-0
1-4
Penalties-yards5-532-7
Fumbles-lost1-01-0
Touchdowns22
Rushing
Passing
Extra Points2-21-1
Field Goals1-12-5
Red Zone Efficiency3-3-100%2-3-66.7%
Time Of Possession25:1534:45
First Quarter
USC
TD
11:36
7-0
Wes Nelson 46 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
WAST
TD
02:53
7-7
Russ Hall 17 YD Run (Fred Harrison Kick).
Second Quarter
WAST
TD
12:00
14-7
Russ Hall 2 YD Pass from Dexter McClanahan (Fred Harrison Kick).
USC
FG
04:43
14-10
Matt Mason 24 YD
Fourth Quarter
USC
FG
13:42
14-13
Matt Mason 39 YD
USC
TD
08:56
21-14
Wes Nelson 2 YD Pass from Walter Liddiard (2 Pts - Wes Nelson Run)
WAST
FG
04:06
21-17
Fred Harrison 23 YD
WAST PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB D. McClanahan
18/36
2-9
USC PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Brady
14/22
3-7
QB R. Collins
6/14
1-3
QB W. Liddiard
1/1
0-0
QB J. McGeoghan
0/2
0-0
WAST RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB R. Hall
RB M. DelGaizo
FB J. Belton
WR B. Lincoln
QB D. McClanahan
USC RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB W. Nelson
RB M. Maston
ILB L. Alexander
QB B. Brady
QB R. Collins
FB S. Harrison
WAST RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR B. Lincoln
WR C. Bryant
WR B. Hand
RB R. Hall
FB J. Belton
TE A. Wade
RB M. DelGaizo
USC RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR L. Franklin
WR B. Kelley
RB M. Maston
WR J. Jones
RB W. Nelson
TE E. Williams
FB S. Harrison
TE D. Kattus
WAST O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG D. Gant
C T. Smith
OG Z. Paige
OT B. Lipps
TE A. Wade
USC O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT R. McGee
OT M. Walker
TE E. Williams
OT S. Alexander
OG M. Meade
C E. Evans
C B. Heeter
OG T. Johnson
WAST FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR C. Bryant
OG Z. Paige
USC FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
RB M. Maston
FB C. Odom
WAST KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K F. Harrison
1/1
2/2
USC KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Mason
2/5
1/1
WAST PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Boston
USC PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Graff
WAST KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR O. Boselli
RB R. Hall
USC KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR B. Kelley
RB R. Donckers
WAST PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR C. Bryant
USC PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS J. Green
WAST DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB D. Thomas
8-2
ILB F. Brown
6-2
FS D. Cox
5-1
OLB A. Bradshaw
5-0
OLB M. Rogel
4-4
FS F. Douglas
4-3
DE D. Sochia
4-0
CB S. Tippins
1-3
SS T. Anthony
1-3
CB A. Myers
1-2
SS H. Meier
0-1
USC DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB L. Alexander
7-0
SS D. Brookins
3-4
FS J. Green
3-2
OLB R. Garcia
3-0
OLB P. Davenport
2-2
DE T. Smith
2-0
SS C. Carlton
2-0
DE K. Putnam
2-0
CB W. Cole
1-2
DT M. Thompson
1-1
OLB T. Malone
1-1
DT J. Lewis
1-0
CB D. Secules
1-0
CB W. Soriano
0-0
CB R. Rolle
0-0
Player of the Game
Wes Nelson, Running Back
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Temperature: 87
Old 12-29-2005, 01:23 AM   #139
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 6:

Despite having tutors work extra long with him, Freshman FB Louis Liske is still ineligible, now for another 3 weeks.

Injury Report:

Randy Collins has a pulled hamstring and is doubtful for this week.

C Kevin Tripucka has a neck strain and he is doubtful for this week.

CB Dwone Secules has a stress fracture in his foot and is doubtful for this week.

FS Jonathan Green still has a pulled muscle in his back kand he is doubtful (but will play.)

FS Brian DeMulling has a severa ankle injury and is doubtful.

Depth Chart Issues:

I sit Randy this week. I'll have Bennie Brady start with scrambler Walter Liddiard being the #2 man.

I'll rest C Kevin Tripucka and have one of my OT's become the #2 center.

Dwone is our best cornerback, but he will rest this week to heal the stress fracture. I'll have to start Robert Rolle.

I'll keep playing Jonathan and hoping he doesn't get hurt worse.

Brian DeMulling will rest another week.

Poll:

After that win, we are 14th in the nation.

Preview and Gameplanning to follow in a day or so. BBCF has kept me up a bit later than planned for another night. That last game was very exciting
Old 12-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #140
timmae
College Starter

great read... I especially like the in depth commentary regarding the league... that darn Auburn!! Keep up the good work.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #141
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae
great read... I especially like the in depth commentary regarding the league... that darn Auburn!! Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I'm having a lot of fun playing the game and writing about it
Old 12-29-2005, 04:41 PM   #142
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Like Hood, I don't feel like Collins will stay all 4. I feel like we'll need to hit both QB and RB hard this year. Especially with Brady slated to be gone. Maston is a nice homerun threat but I would feel nervous with him as the starter. He didn't provide the consistent down-to-down threat there last year when Hood was out. With some playing time, it looks like Liske will be ready to take over for Odom any time now. The receiving crew is wow. Just wow. And it won't be nearly as much of a fight to keep them eligible.

I like your choice to mix in McGee and Tripucka to get some experience injected into the line. Without Hood, keeping Collins healthy will be even more crucial.

That defensive tackle unit is going to be SCARY!!! The sophs are studs and the frosh are even studlier! And we won't even have to worry about keeping the frosh eligible. Have you consider moving some of the tackles outside to shore up that unit?

Bratton looks like he can be a stud but the work ethic and GPA are scary. Is this a place you may consider going JUCO like with Greening? OLB looks like another area for hard recruiting next year, too.

If Coles can stay eligible, it looks like corner is in good hands for at least a year or two. The drop to 3rd corner is scary, though. Safety also looks good, which is awesome for this year, but will need major fresh blood infusion coming up with graduation.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #143
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Ouch. Collins' and Green's brittleness are scary.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:33 PM   #144
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Like Hood, I don't feel like Collins will stay all 4. I feel like we'll need to hit both QB and RB hard this year. Especially with Brady slated to be gone. Maston is a nice homerun threat but I would feel nervous with him as the starter. He didn't provide the consistent down-to-down threat there last year when Hood was out. With some playing time, it looks like Liske will be ready to take over for Odom any time now. The receiving crew is wow. Just wow. And it won't be nearly as much of a fight to keep them eligible.

I like your choice to mix in McGee and Tripucka to get some experience injected into the line. Without Hood, keeping Collins healthy will be even more crucial.

That defensive tackle unit is going to be SCARY!!! The sophs are studs and the frosh are even studlier! And we won't even have to worry about keeping the frosh eligible. Have you consider moving some of the tackles outside to shore up that unit?

Bratton looks like he can be a stud but the work ethic and GPA are scary. Is this a place you may consider going JUCO like with Greening? OLB looks like another area for hard recruiting next year, too.

If Coles can stay eligible, it looks like corner is in good hands for at least a year or two. The drop to 3rd corner is scary, though. Safety also looks good, which is awesome for this year, but will need major fresh blood infusion coming up with graduation.

Some great points in this post. I definitely expect Collins to be gone after next year. No way that I expect him to stay all 4 years. I was hoping he might challenge for some records, but his brittle nature makes me think that is less likely. I certainly plan on adding at least 1 QB this upcoming year.

I'd love to get a good power back to complement Maston and Nelson who I believe are both better suited as a change of pace/3rd down back. Although, I have hopes that Nelson might develop into an every down back which is why I'm making sure he gets at least 40-50% of the carries.

I think our offensive line is going to be dominant in a year or two, but this year is going to be a real challenge to get consistent blocking which has showed already in some games. However, I like mixing in a few guys.

I've actually been toying with the idea of moving one of the tackles outside, but I also like having plenty of depth there. Whether I move one of the DT's will depend upon which DE's I get this upcoming year.

Bratton worries me because I think he may be difficult to keep eligible. I'm not looking to go the JUCO route, but if there is a great one out there, I'll try to get him.

I'm fairly happy with my first 3 corners assuming they can stay healthy and eligible, but I want to get at least one stud this upcoming year.

Obviously, with Jonathan's and Don's impending graduations, safety will be a big focus this upcoming recruiting season.

As to your next post, both Jonathan and Randy are going to give me an ulcer with their brittle natures.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #145
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Preview:

Wouldn't you know that I'm sitting my star QB against one of my rivals. Today, we play Notre Dame at their place. They are 4-1 and ranked 17th in the nation. we are 3-1 and ranked 14th. Our offense is ranked 15th, theirs is 41st. Our defense is ranked 23rd and theirs is ranked 35th. They love to air it out, and TE Patrick Roderick is one of the best in the nation. The 6'6 255 pound TE has amazing speed for a TE and is a thread to go all the way at any time. However, surprisingly, he hasn't done much this year and only has 13 catches for 85 yards and 1 TD. Let's hope we aren't the game where he gets back on track. He's only a sophomore, so we will be facing him at least one more year. Their defense is led by All-American candiate MLB Shayne Witherspoon. Shayne is a junior who has 37 tackles, 1 sack, 4 stuffs, and 5 interceptions on the year. He also has 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries, and 1 TD. We'll have to be careful to make sure that he doesn't add to his interception total.

Notre Dame are 5 point favorites at home.

Gameplan:

Our OC wants to go with a more balanced attack with Brady as the QB and to help contain this powerful offense. I'm glad he suggested that, because there is no way I was going to go with the pass first offense this week. Our defensive coordinator has wants us to use a complicated zone blitz scheme to try to disrupt their passing, and I like the idea.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:31 AM   #146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

ND has over 80,000 fans here today.

On 3rd and 15, their star TE is called for pass interference negating a 18 yard reception. We force a 3 and out.

Bennie does a nice job of connecting on a pair of passes, but Lennox Franklin fumbles the ball on the 2nd reception and ND recovers.

They manage to drive to about the 20, mainly due to one long 30 yard pass. However, we stop them and force them to settle for a 39 yard FG. 3-0 lead ND.

On the second play of the drive, Malcolm hurdles one defender, spins away from another, and gets a 25 yard run before he is tracked down.

Bennie with a nice drive, connects on a 3rd and 12 for 12 yards to keep the drive going.

We go for it on 4th and 1 from the 8, and Wes Nelson runs through a seam for an 8 yard TD! 7-3. Bennie was 5 of 5 for 54 yards on that drive! Maybe, it's a good thing Randy was hurt and the senior gets the start in this hostile environment.

End of 1: 7-3 with ND having a 4th down deep in our territory.

They kick the 25 yard FG. 7-6 USC leads.

They force a 3 and out.

They put together an 84 yard drive in which they mostly move the ball through the air. We stop them just outside the 7 yard line. They kick a 24 yard FG. 9-7 ND.

Lennox Franklin drops a 3rd down pass that would have been a first down. We end up punting.

We exchange several failed drives, before getting the ball on our own 12. Bennie conducts a great drive thanks in part to a 37 yard screen pass to Wes Nelson. Unfortunately, we run out of time just as we drive inside the 20. Bad clock management blows a FG attempt.

Halftime: 9-7 lead for ND. Bennie's half time stats: 12 of 18 for 153 yards, 0 TD 0 INT.

W

On our first drive of the second half., they sack Bennie and drive his shoulder into the ground. He is hurt and won't get back into the game. Walter Liddiard, the true freshman scrambler will come into the game!

Walter connects on 2 passes to convert 3rd and 7's.

We are unable to convert a 3rd and 12, as the pass is only good for 6. We make the 35 yard FG. 10-9 lead for USC.

OLB Pat Davenport with a nice sack for 6 yards on a 3rd and 7, stops them at midfield.

They are stuffing our run game. Walter hits Lennox Franklin in stride on a post route for 17 yards to convert a 3rd and 12.

They stop us at midfield, and we punt. Least we ate up plenty of clock.

We force a 3 and out.

End of 3: 10-9 lead for us.

On a 3rd and 3, Walter throws a post route pass, but Jerry Jones ran a corner, and the ball is picked off.

2 plays later, Jonathan Green crushes the receiver after he catches it, and forces the fumble. We recover!

Walter leads a nice drive in which he scrambled 3 yards for a 1st, and we end it with a 7 yard pass from Liddiard to Chukky! 17-9 with 9 minutes left in the game.

They get a 45 yard kickoff return to start with good field position.

Wayne Cole intercepts the out pass, and returns it 69 yards for a TD!!!! 23-9, as we miss the extra point wide left!

DT Marcus Thompson with a big sack to stop them on 3rd and 5, and force a punt.

We exchange short drives, and then we get off a 50 yard drive dominated by some effective rushing (finally.) We end up kicking a 38 yard FG to make it 26-9 with under a minute left.

Game over. 26-9 win!

Pros: We kicked our rival's butt. The defense bent, but didn't break in the 1st half. They played great in the 2nd half. Walter Liddiard showed a surprisingly good passing touch. Bennie played well.

Cons: Our rushing game was generally ineffective.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:35 AM   #147
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
USC
(4-1)
Notre Dame
(4-2)
Team Statistics
USC
ND
First Downs2416
Rushing
Passing
Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency9-173-13
4th-down Efficiency1-10-0
Total Net Yards381352
Total plays
Average gain
Net Yards Rushing13370
Rushes
Average per rush
Net Yards Passing248282
Completed-attempted
22-32
21-38
Yards per pass
Sacked-yards lost
0-0
3-20
Had intercepted
Punts-average5-46.67-41.6
Return Yardage146124
Punts-returns
2-13
1-9
Kickoffs-returns
3-64
4-99
Interceptions-returns
1-69
1-16
Penalties-yards8-469-79
Fumbles-lost1-11-1
Touchdowns30
Rushing
Passing
Extra Points2-30-0
Field Goals2-23-3
Red Zone Efficiency3-3-100%2-2-100%
Time Of Possession31:4428:16
First Quarter
ND
FG
08:08
3-0
Verlon Tice 39 YD
USC
TD
03:47
7-3
Wes Nelson 8 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
Second Quarter
ND
FG
14:28
7-6
Verlon Tice 25 YD
ND
FG
07:59
9-7
Verlon Tice 24 YD
Third Quarter
USC
FG
09:07
10-9
Matt Mason 35 YD
Fourth Quarter
USC
TD
09:31
17-9
Chukky Odom 7 YD Pass from Walter Liddiard (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
TD
08:41
23-9
69 YD Int Return by Wayne Cole (Matt Mason Kick Failed).
USC
FG
00:38
26-9
Matt Mason 46 YD
USC PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB B. Brady
12/18
0-0
QB W. Liddiard
9/13
0-0
QB L. Garron
1/1
0-0
ND PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB T. Brockington
21/38
3-20
USC RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB M. Maston
RB W. Nelson
WR B. Kelley
QB W. Liddiard
FB C. Odom
QB B. Brady
ND RUSHING
ATT
YDS
YPC
TD
LG
RB C. Staley
QB T. Brockington
FB T. Kubiak
RB V. Haley
USC RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR J. Jones
WR L. Franklin
RB W. Nelson
WR B. Kelley
RB M. Maston
FB C. Odom
TE E. Williams
ND RECEIVING
ATTRECYDSYPCYACTDLGDRP
WR M. McCleskey
WR P. Benson
RB C. Staley
TE P. Roderick
WR R. Wright
FB T. Kubiak
RB V. Haley
USC O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OG M. Meade
OG E. Bieniemy
OT M. Walker
TE E. Williams
OT R. McGee
TE D. Kattus
ND O-LINE
KRBPCKSAHLDFS
OT J. Metzelaars
TE P. Roderick
OG H. Womble
OG M. Bradshaw
OT J. Davis
C B. Gross
USC FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR L. Franklin
DT B. Adams
ND FUMBLES
FUMLOSTRECYDS
WR M. McCleskey
DT F. Bennett
USC KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K M. Mason
2/2
2/3
ND KICKING
FGLONGXPPTS
K V. Tice
3/3
0/0
USC PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P J. Graff
ND PUNTING
NOAVGNETI-20TBLG
P S. Dantzler
USC KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
WR B. Kelley
DT B. Adams
ND KICK RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONG
FS C. Stevens
FS J. Alston
USC PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
FS J. Green
CB W. Lehr
ND PUNT RETURNS
NOAVGTDLONGFC
WR R. Wright
USC DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
SS D. Brookins
6-3
FS J. Green
6-2
OLB R. Garcia
3-2
CB W. Cole
3-2
ILB L. Alexander
3-2
OLB P. Davenport
3-0
SS C. Carlton
2-2
OLB T. Malone
1-1
DT M. Thompson
1-0
CB W. Lehr
1-0
DT B. Adams
1-0
CB R. Rolle
1-0
ND DEFENSE
T-ASCKSTFHURDPINTFFPD
ILB S. Witherspoon
8-4
SS E. Turner
8-1
FS J. Alston
7-1
ILB R. Fernandez
5-0
OLB S. Murphy
4-2
OLB J. Moore
4-1
CB I. Parker
3-2
FS C. Stevens
2-2
DE B. Wilson
2-0
CB C. Davis
2-0
DT F. Bennett
1-1
ILB A. Walton
1-1
DE C. Veals
1-0
DE F. Dykes
1-0
CB N. Williams
1-0
DT L. Anderson
0-1
SS E. Crow
0-1
FS M. Shaw
0-0
Player of the Game
Wes Nelson, Running Back
AT
Yards
TD
LNG
REC
Game Information
Attendance: 80,225
Temperature: 67
Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 AM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Week 7:

Injury Report:

Bennie Brady dislocated his clavicle, and is doubtful for this week.

Randy Collins is recovering well from his pulled hamstring and he is probable for this week.

C Kevin Tripucka suffered a neck strain and he is questionable for this week.

CB Dwone Secules is questionable with his foot fracture.

Jonathan Green is questionable with his pulled muscle in his back.

FS Brian DeMulling is 100% healthy now.

Notable Stats:

Jonathan Green is 2nd in the nation with 3 Forced Fumbles. His 52 tackles puts him at 10th in the nation.

We are now 11th in the polls, and are the 2nd highest 1 loss team (behind Minnesota which is 5-1.)

Depth Chart Issues:

Randy will be back as the starter this week. Bennie is completed removed from the depth chart. Walter Liddiard will be the 2nd stringer, and I'll try to get him some PT this game to keep Randy fresh.

Kevin will remain out this week due to his injury.

I'm going to give Dwone at least one more week off to recover from his injury.

Despite Brian's full recovery to health, I'm going to have Jonathan continue to push through his injury. Brian DeMulling is put back in as the #2 FS and he is the nickel back.

Preview:

Today we play at Cal which is currently 25th in the nation with a record of 4-2. They have an explosive offensive led by QB R. Lynn who has almost 1000 yards rushing. Their leading HB Ed Angsman has over 600 yards rushing and is a dangerous back who can run over guys or burn them. He has 8 TD's on the year. Their defense is also good, and they are only giving up 366 ypg. Cornerback Bryan Rozier is their leading defender and he has 11 PD's this year.

Gameplan:

Our Offensive coordinator wants to try to stick with a balanced offense, and I agree.

Our DC thinks we should go with a more vanilla balanced defense this week, and I agree.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:33 AM   #149
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cal has over 65,000 fans here today.

Billy Kelly with a good kick return and a roughing penalty gives us the ball at midfield.

On 3rd and 6, Randy connects with Lennox Franklin on the fly route for a 47 yard TD pass! 7-0.

Their Star QB is injured, and Chad Thomas their backup will be playing today.

OLB Rodrick Garcia gets a sack just after they cross midfield.

That leads to a 3rd and 13, which they are unable to convert. They are forced to punt.

Randy is 4 of 4 for 45 yards on a 78 yard drive which ends with a 13 yard TD run by Malcolm Maston! 14-0. The offense is really clicking now.

They manage to drive inside the 20, but we stop them there. They make a 35 yard FG. 14-3 USC.

Wes Nelson fumbles a screen pass, and Cal recovers to get great field positon inside our 25.

End of 1: USC 14 - Cal 3, with Cal driving deep into our turgf.

Chad Thomas throws a 3 yard TD to Mark Todd. 14-10.

A crackback penalty kills our drive, and we end up punting it from deep in our zone.

A holding penalty negates an interception TD return by Wayne Coles.

They drive inside our 3, but settle for a 21 yard FG after our defense does a great job of stuffing their star HB on 3rd and goal from the 2. 14-13 USC.

We drive to their 35, before Randy throws a pick right to their OLB.

On the 2nd play of this drive, Jonathan Green exacerbates his back injury and has to leave the game. We still force a 3 and out.

OG Eric Bieniemy is hurt, and we have to bring in an inferior OG. We come up a yard short on 3rd and 6 and end up punting.

DE Terry Smith with a key sack forces a 3rd and 12. On the 3rd and 12, LaVern Alexander picks off the pass!

Randy scrambles then connects on an 8 yard pass to convert a 3rd and 5.

On a 3rd and 3 from their 35, Wes Nelson gets dumped for a 4 yard loss. We end up punting with a minute left in the half.

We force a punt with 20 seconds left, but don't have time to do anything productive.

Halftime: 14-13 lead for USC. Randy's stats: 11 of 17 passes for 125 yards, 1 TD 1 INT.

Terry Smith gets another sack to start the 2nd half. Terry is really playing great for us lately.

On the ensuing 3rd and 12, Rodrick Garcia intercepts the ball on their 30. Our defensive line is getting great pressure and forcing mistakes.

Unfortunately, Randy overthrows the ball on 2nd and 8, then 3rd and 8. We miss the 45 yard FG wide right.

Wayne Cole intercepts their first pass as Terry Smith was chasing the QB!

Walter Liddiard comes in for a series, and on the 2nd play he connects on a streak pattern to Kelley for a 44 yard TD! Our freshman kicker misses the XP! That is at least his 2nd one this year. 20-13 lead for us.

We stuff the run on 1st and 10, and 2nd and 11 (thanks in large part to LaVern Alexander) and causea short completion on 3rd and 11. Thus, we force a 3 and out.

Randy is sacked by their DT, but he gets up ok. I let out a sigh of relief.

We put together a 4 minute 40 yard drive, but end up punting from outside their 40. We pin them inside their own 4.

2 plays later Ed Angsman breaks out a 37 yard rush.

Kevin Putnam sacks the QB for 2 yards on 3rd and 8 to drive them back to our 33. They attempt and make a 50 yard FG. 20-16.

End of 3: 20-16 lead for USC.

Billy Kelley with a nice return on the kickoff to get us to the 45.

Randy connects on a 3rd and 6 for 8 yards, and he appears to have hurt himself without being touched! Randy has to leave the game.

The next play, Eric our starting C hurts his leg.

Walter is unable to connect on 3rd and 8, and we settle for a 34 yard FG. 23-16 with 10 minutes left.

We force a 3 and out as Lavern Alexander comes up with a big tackle on 3rd and 9 to stop the HB 2 yards short of the 1st.

Walter with a few nice option pitch plays to get our HB's some good yardage. Our HB's are running much more effectively now.

OG Mike Meade gets an unnecessary roughness call that takes us from 1st and goal from the 4 to 2nd and 19.

Billy Kelley hurts his ankle on the next play, and he will be out for the rest of the game.

Meade's penalty kills us and we end up settling for a 38 yard FG. 26-16 with 4 minutes left as we ran 4 minutes of clock that drive.

Terry Smith gets another sack on the QB on the first play of the drive!

We force a 3 and out as Terry and the rest of the D-Line are putting tremendous pressure on the QB.

We run the ball effectively, and use up another 2 minutes of clock before taking the 30 yard FG. 29-16 with under 40 seconds left.

On the second play of their drive, Thomas hits Ismail, their speedy receiver for a 67 yard TD. 29-23 with 19 seconds left.

We recover the onside kick.

We take a knee and end the game.

Game over. 29-23 win.

Pros: The defense played very well. Good pressure from the D-Line. Great job by our linebackers in containing a very good RB. 3 interceptions!

Cons: Randy was hurt, again.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:35 AM   #150
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

TEAM
1Q
2Q
3Q
4Q
OT
FINAL
USC
(5-1)
California
(4-3)
Team Statistics
USC
CAL
First Downs2217
Rushing
Passing
Penalty
3rd-down Efficiency6-165-15
4th-down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Net Yards390293
Total plays
Average gain
Net Yards Rushing175102
Rushes
Average per rush
Net Yards Passing215191
Completed-attempted
19-29
14-29
Yards per pass
Sacked-yards lost
1-5
7-29
Had intercepted
Punts-average4-446-46.8
Return Yardage151155
Punts-returns
2-24
1-3
Kickoffs-returns
4-121
6-152
Interceptions-returns
3-6
1-0
Penalties-yards8-785-55
Fumbles-lost2-12-0
Touchdowns32
Rushing
Passing
Extra Points2-32-2
Field Goals3-43-3
Red Zone Efficiency4-4-100%3-3-100%
Time Of Possession32:1827:42
First Quarter
USC
TD
13:56
7-0
Lennox Franklin 47 YD Pass from Randy Collins (Matt Mason Kick).
USC
TD
06:32
14-0
Malcolm Maston 16 YD Run (Matt Mason Kick).
CAL
FG
03:09
14-3
Dave Doman 35 YD
Second Quarter
CAL
TD
14:34
14-10
Mark Todd 3 YD Pass from Chad Thomas (Dave Doman Kick).
CAL
FG
09:22
14-13
Dave Doman 21 YD
Third Quarter
USC
TD
09:48
20-13
Billy Kelley 44 YD Pass from Walter Liddiard (Matt Mason Kick Failed).
Fourth Quarter
CAL
FG
14:33
20-16
Dave Doman 50 YD
USC
FG
10:11
23-16
Matt Mason 34 YD
USC
FG
04:31
26-16
Matt Mason 38 YD
USC
FG
00:39
29-16
Matt Mason 30 YD
CAL
TD
00:19
29-23
Jim Ismail 67 YD Pass from Chad Thomas (Dave Doman Kick).
USC PASSING
CP/ATYDSTDINTLGSACK
QB R. Collins
15/24
1-5
QB W. Liddiard
3/4
0-0
QB J. McGeoghan
1/1
0-0
CAL PASSING