Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #301
chesapeake
College Starter

I wish Darth had made an appearance, so we could at least make a judgement based on more information.

My gut tells me that our best athletes should be grabbing flags. Your agility as a kickboxer -- balance and agility being two critical skills -- I can't help but to think that you'll be every bit as good getting flags as nailing wolves.

If we don't see Darth in the next 20 minutes, should I write up some orders for heybrad?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #302
chesapeake
College Starter

dola
make that ability as a kickboxer
Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #303
Thomkal
Head Coach

ok then if Darth doesn't show up in the next 15 minutes, I will be a runner. You should send some conditional orders in for brad (heybrad!) because he'll be better even if he's beat up from Exile Island than no orders from Darth.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #304
chesapeake
College Starter

A stab at heybrad orders:
heybrad will be a thrower. He will use his teamwork skills to communicate with Maple Leafs as much as possible to try and knock over the wolves.

Any thoughts on what else to put in? I doubt he will be in any shape to put in extra effort.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #305
Thomkal
Head Coach

I suggest you add taunting the opposing throwers to try to cause them to lose their cool and focus
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #306
chesapeake
College Starter

OK. Anything else?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #307
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY FOUR CAMP RESULTS

You have a lovely shelter, and other than Darth continuing to make some repairs, fixing the leaves making up the roof covering, the rest of you leave it alone. It does its job admirably still.

The majority of you move on to food collecting. Chesapeake in particular surprises everybody by coming home with a whole string of fish he caught and putting together a fish fry dinner. Everybody helps out though, except for Heybrad of course, and you not only have a fine meal but have put together two days stores of food.

You each gain back one health point (after the challenge).
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #308
chesapeake
College Starter

Yum!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #309
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
OK. Anything else?

can't think of anything, sending orders in now.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #310
Thomkal
Head Coach

mmmmm fried fish.....
Old 06-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #311
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay heading out now, will hang out in room but won't be here if there's any last second changes.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #312
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I'm avg in both so i think i should either sit out or be a bag swinger if someone is worse than me. I'll discuss it more with u guys tomorrow, i'm going to hit the hay now cuz i had a horrible day. Night all

i posted this yesterday, next time i'll bold it. we know who we're sitting out?

aim-avg
running-avg

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #313
chesapeake
College Starter

We saw that, but were hoping that you'd be able to check in earlier.

I sent in orders for heybrad. We're sitting you out.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #314
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Hoops, if you manage to catch a bag, fire it back at the thrower's head.

Or teat it apart with your bare hands. That would work too.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #315
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

k, just sayin it's not my fault

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #316
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

is heybrad better than me or are we about the same?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #317
chesapeake
College Starter

I don't really know. Do you want to throw? Send orders and I will tell autumn to drop hb's orders if you send in.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #318
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i'll do it, heybrad is probably doesn't have as much health as i do cuz of exile island which means i can put forth extra effort without a huge penalty

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #319
chesapeake
College Starter

cool -- don't forget to taunt the oppostion and to communicate well with your partner, Maple Leafs
Old 06-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #320
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i know the deadline is up but did we know his aim ability?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #321
chesapeake
College Starter

we did not
Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #322
chesapeake
College Starter

With Danny's struggles in the water, it appears that swimming is relevant. Mea culpa! Not that I think that would have changed things.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #323
chesapeake
College Starter

What a huge difference the extra effort made. The runners were fast and the throwers were deadly.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #324
heybrad
Norm!!!

I think you guys made the right choice sitting me. I took a rather large health hit after spending the night at Exile island.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #325
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Nice work everyone.

No exile this time around?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #326
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

doesn't look like it :-) Excellent job boys!!!

How much health did you lose Heybrad?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #327
heybrad
Norm!!!

5 points. I won't be hiding the fact that I'll be doing some recuperating today.

Last edited by heybrad : 06-10-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #328
chesapeake
College Starter

We all took health hits with the extra effort. Fortunately, the shelter is sound and the food stores are ok.

I should still be able to cover a fair bit of food with some help from the rest of you. I am assuming that Darth can keep the shelter in good shape?
Old 06-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #329
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i can use 1 effort for shelter yeah. probably get food and recuperate as well

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #330
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good win, guys. We wanted that challenge and the extra effort sure seems to have paid off.

I take from it that effort > skills for most of these competitions. Small sample set, I know, but our skills were not set up that well for this one (in my opinion).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #331
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Good win, guys. We wanted that challenge and the extra effort sure seems to have paid off.

I take from it that effort > skills for most of these competitions. Small sample set, I know, but our skills were not set up that well for this one (in my opinion).

Seriously, i didn't think we would take this one. No offense guys

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #332
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Darth, how's your shelter rating? I'm poor at food so I could take the shelter duties, even though I'm just average there.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #333
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
i posted this yesterday, next time i'll bold it. we know who we're sitting out?

aim-avg
running-avg

Catching up here, yeah I saw that post Darth but all you said was that you were in average in both skills-but we didn't know what skills you were talking about since there were several important ones for the challenge. But it all worked out in the end I guess, so no matter.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #334
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
I think you guys made the right choice sitting me. I took a rather large health hit after spending the night at Exile island.

Welcome back Old Man! Glad you survived Exile, anything you care to tell us about your trials and tribulations there (ignore if you've answered already, catching up)
Old 06-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #335
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay caught up now, WTG guys! I didn't think we were set up well for this challenge either, but I'm not sure either tribe was based on the results. I think it was our using extra effort that saved the day for us.

And Beast-you da man!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:11 PM   #336
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Darth, how's your shelter rating? I'm poor at food so I could take the shelter duties, even though I'm just average there.

I'm excellent in camp, that's the shelter thing right? I'm cool with doing the upkeep, no problem

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #337
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
5 points. I won't be hiding the fact that I'll be doing some recuperating today.

Welcome back. Things weren't the same around here without your old man stink
Old 06-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #338
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY FIVE CHALLENGE

It's day five of your stay on the Islands of FOFC. There are now ten of you left, out of the original 14. Today you will have yet another challenge. But tonight no one will be going home.

Instead you will be playing for a reward on day five. The winner of the challenge will receive supplies including tarps and ropes that will allow you to improve your shelter. You will also receive foodstuffs, a meal of cheeseburgers and fries, and vegetables and meat to add to your food stores.

The winners of the challenge will also choose someone from the other tribe to go to Exile Island. The person chosen will leave immediately after the challenge and not return until the next challenge.

For today's challenge you will need to order your team from strongest to weakest. Each member of the tribe will be paired against one member from the other tribe. They will have to climb a set of poles and stand balancing only on two pegs, using nothing else but their elbows or shoulders. Their goal will be to outlast the person they are paired against.

Every ten minutes those still standing will be told to lower themselves down to the next set of pegs, which will be smaller than the ones before. Each contestant who outlasts their opponent wins a point for their team. If the two tribes tie, the win will go to whoever was the winner of the last standing pair..

Villagers will need to sit out two contestants for this challenge. They may not sit out the same person twice in a row.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #339
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Not to sound cruel but if we can win this one then the other team is almost as good as gone

These are the traits i believe will play the most part in the next callenge.
Calm, Stamina, and strength. As u can see below I'm not great at any of them so unless there are 2 that are weaker than me I should be one of the ones to sit out.

My stats:

Calm
AVERAGE

Stamina
AVERAGE

Strength
POOR

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #340
chesapeake
College Starter

I just got onto the board. I expect others are having problems as well.

I think you have the stats right, Darth. I am pretty calm, but only average on the other stats.

Wow, South Africa just scored.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #341
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I have average calm and stamina, good strength.

Also, to state the obvious, we don't necessarily have to go "strongest to weakest"... we could mix the order up to try to get more favorable matchups. Of course, the other tribe will probably do the same, so it probably won't matter.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #342
chesapeake
College Starter

With our superior depth, we may be best off simply playing it straight.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #343
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good job, guys!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #344
hoopsguy
General Manager

STRENGTH + STAMINA = top of the line
CALM = meh

I expect that their top guy will be paired against me and using extra effort. I'll plan on putting in extra effort as well today and then looking to recuperate tonight after back-to-back days of extra effort.

Also, I would suggest that we put Racer on Exile Island. I think he has been putting extra effort into challenges and will probably be the guy against me today. If he loses 5 health there we might knock him down to 0, or at least low enough where he won't be using any extra effort for a couple of days.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #345
Thomkal
Head Coach

I agree with you guys on the stats required for this challenge-average calm for me good on the others. I don't think we should go all gung-ho on this one since its a reward challenge and likely both tribes have good shelter/food situations at this point.

Just Brad sat out the last one right? So he has to participate. As for Order, I should probably go first or second, Hoops being the other first or second. Darth is likely a sitter-outer, and Chesapeake the other. Which would give us:

Thomkal/Hoopsguy
Hoopsguy/Thomkal
Maple Leafs
heybrad
Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #346
Thomkal
Head Coach

I was thinking Racer/Jackal for Exile Island for the same reason Hoops. Danny could be interesting too-he seems to have the weakest stats of anybody and if still in the game after their tribal council he's got to be part of an alliance. A very good and well-liked Werewolf player, he's probably the main organizer/most active over there.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #347
chesapeake
College Starter

Ties go to the winner of the final pairing. We may want to consider putting one of our stronger competitors in that spot.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #348
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
They will have to climb a set of poles and stand balancing only on two pegs, using nothing else but their elbows or shoulders. Their goal will be to outlast the person they are paired against.

Every ten minutes those still standing will be told to lower themselves down to the next set of pegs, which will be smaller than the ones before.

I can't conceptualize in my head the physical layout of this challenge. Can anyone point me to a picture or a vid that might? I'm assuming this is based on a real challenge from the show.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #349
heybrad
Norm!!!

Here's my stats for this challenge:

Strength - Average
Stamina - Average
Calm - Average

I think my Good Scrappiness could play a role as well. I think Scrappy refers a bit to your determination so it may be helpful. My biggest issue is my health at this point having spent the last night in Exile. That will hurt me.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #350
hoopsguy
General Manager

brad, only thing that health should hurt is your ability to commit extra energy to the challenge.

ches - it said we have to "order our team from strongest to weakest" in the challenge description. I'm not sure we can get away with backloading ... Autumn, feel like clarifying on this point?