Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
carolinahuey
Mascot

FOF07 - Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty

Greetings to all you FOF players out there. I just recently bought this game and with the wonders of the internet and the classic roster files I decided to start a dynasty with a team dating back to 1980, that was when I really started to watch and understand football and I love the players back then so I thought it would be fun. I chose the KC Chiefs because despite their early success, the 1970's were not kind to them. I will do my best to make this an interesting read, but please bare with me as I am new to reporting on a dynasty.

A couple of notes about the league. First since I can't change the structure of the league the format will be the same as it is today. There will be 4 divisions in each league and those division contain 4 teams. Since the Panthers, Jaguars, Texans, and Ravens didn't exist back in 1980, I decided to make those teams into famous USFL teams. So the leauge structure is as follows:

AFC East-
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets

AFC North-
Baltimore Stars (will become Ravens)
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South-
Houston Oilers (will become Titans)
Indianapolis Colts
Orlando Renegades (will become Jags)
San Antonio Gunslingers (will become Texans)

AFC West-
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers

NFC East-
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

NFC North-
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

NFC South-
Atlanta Falcons
Memphis Showboats (will become Panthers)
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West-
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
St Louis Cardinals

I hope you all enjoy this, I had a blast looking back at the old logos and the old uniforms, I really think this going to be an awesome ride, GO CHIEFS!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-28-2007 at 07:42 AM.
carolinahuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
carolinahuey
Mascot

Here is a look at the Kansas City Chiefs 1980 Schedule:

Exhibition
at Cleveland Browns
vs Miami Dolphins
vs New Orleans Saints
at Los Angeles Rams

Regular Season
at San Antonio Gunslingers
at Chicago Bears
vs Minnesota Vikings
at San Diego Chargers
vs Orlando Renegades
vs Cincinnati Bengals
at Oakland Raiders
vs Green Bay Packers
vs Denver Broncos
at Indianapolis Colts
vs Oakland Raiders
vs San Diego Chargers
at Denver Broncos
vs Houston Oilers
at Detroit Lions
at New York Jets

At first glance this looks like a good schedule for the Chiefs. They miss the Cowboys and the Steelers who have dominated the NFL the past few seasons. And with 2 games vs "USFL" teams that are stocked with lower ranked players (at least until they draft) that should be a couple of W's. Later today I will post the depth chart.

vs
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Greatly looking forward to this as I love historical dynasties (need to update mine btw)

The Chiefs is also an unusual team to choose, so it'll be fun to watch.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #4
carolinahuey
Mascot

starters in
BOLD
QUARTERBACKS

Kenney, Bill
QB
Arizona State
Adams, Tony
QB
Utah State
Fuller, Steve
QB
Clemson
RUNNING BACKS

Reed, Tony
RB
Colorado
Belton, Horace
RB
Louisiana Monroe
Gant, Earl
RB
Missori
Williams, Mike
RB
New Mexico
Morgado, Arnold
RB
Hawaii
FULLBACKS

McKnight, Ted
FB
Minnesota-Duluth
Hadnot, James
FB
Texas Tech
RECEIVERS

Marshall, Henry
SE
Missori
Smith, J.T.
FL
North Texas
Rome, Stan
FL
Clemson
Carson, Carlos
FL
LSU
TIGHT ENDS

Dixon, Al
TE
Iowa State
Beckman, Ed
TE
Florida State
OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

Budde, Brad
LG
USC
Simmons, Bob
LG
Texas
Walters, Rod
LG
Iowa
Herkenhoff, Matt
LT
Minnesota
Getty, Charlie
LT
Penn State
Rudnay, Jack
C
Northwestern
Ane, Charlie
C
Michigan State
Rourke, Jim
RT
Boston College
Smith, Franky
RT
Alabama A&M
Condon, Tom
RG
Boston College
DEFENSIVE LINEMAN

Kremer, Kent
NT
Ball State
Still, Art
LDE
Kentucky
Lindstrom, Dave
LDE
Boston
Parrish, Don
LDT
Pittsburgh
Bell, Mike
RDE
Colorado State
Hicks, Sylvester
RDE
Tennessee State
Mangiero, Dino
RDT
Rutgers
LINEBACKERS

Howard, Tom
WLB
Texas Tech
Blanton, Jerry
WILB
Kentucky
Paul, Whitney
WLB
Colorado
Sanders, Clarence
WLB
Cincinnati
Kirchbaum, Kelly
MLB
Kentucky
Manumaleuga, Frank
MLB
UCLA
Peterson, Cal
SLB
UCLA
Jackson, Charles
SLB
Washington
Spani, Gary
SILB
Kansas State
DEFENSIVE BACKS

Green, Gary
LCB
Baylor
Harris, Eric
RCB
Memphis
Dombroski, Paul
RCB
Hawaii
Carter, Milton
RCB
San Jose State
Rose, Donovan
RCB
Hampton
Barbaro, Gary
FS
Nicholls State
Christopher, Herb
SS
Morris Brown
Reese, Jerry
SS
Oklahoma
SPECIAL TEAMS

Lowery, Nick
K
Dartmouth
Grupp, Bob
P
Duke

A lot of familiar names and some that aren't so familiar. I know that guys like Art Still and Gary Barbaro were the among the best at their positions and as long as we have a leg like Nick Lowery we should be able to get some points on the board. We have a solid foundation to build on for the future.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
carolinahuey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Greatly looking forward to this as I love historical dynasties (need to update mine btw)

The Chiefs is also an unusual team to choose, so it'll be fun to watch.

Thanks for the response. I too love historical dynasties. I am currently running a Yankees dynasty for OOTP2007 that I started back in 1946 and that is a ton of fun! I chose the Chiefs because they had been struggling in the late 70's and I wanted something of a challenge. It would have been too simple to take the Cowboys or the Steelers, so I chose an underdog. A decision which may come back to haunt me! Enjoy!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

at

Cleveland Browns (0-0)

You are looking live.....

At Cleveland Stadium, affectionately known as the Mistake by the Lake. Home of the Cleveland Browns and their rabid fans known as the Dawg Pound. This is the first exhibition game of the 1980 pre-season and it has the Kansas City Chiefs squaring off against the Browns.

Game time temperature was a balmy 72 degrees and the Browns take the field in front of 63,100 fans who are anxious to see if this Browns team can become the first since 1972 to make the playoffs. This is my frst time seeing the Chiefs on the field so it will be a learning experience.

It is obvious that early on I should have chosen an easier sport, like gin rummy. KC's first three possessions end in 2 punts and an INT. Luckily since Cleveland appears as inept as we are the halftime score is 6-3. KC starting QB Bill Kenney, who only played the first half, ended up passing for only 67 yards on 8 of 13 attempts in the first. In fact my longest drive of the first half lasted all of 6 plays and resulted in Nick Lowery's 29 yard field goal. The second half saw Chiefs backup QB Tony Adams get sacked twice on the first two plays of the second half, someone on the field thought Adams said, "I told him he should have picked the Steelers." The game ends with the final score:
Kansas City Chiefs0300-3
Cleveland Browns6373-19

The Player of the Game was:
Calvin Hill, RB, Cleveland

Rushing Statistics

Kansas CityAttYardsAvgLG10+TD
Tony Reed11898.092720
Ted McKnight6325.331310
Horace Belton1-3-3.00-300
ClevelandAttYardsAvgLG10+TD
Greg Pruitt19361.89800
Calvin Hill18663.671421

Passing Statistics

Kansas CityAttCompYardsSk/YdTDLGIntRate
Tony Adams218792/11034129.7
Bill Kenney138670/0017142.8
ClevelandAttCompYardsSk/YdTDLGIntRate
Brian Sipe18121241/5019086.3
Paul McDonald1071121/80320107.1

Receiving Statistics

Kansas CityCatchTargYardsAvgYACLGTD
WR J.T. Smith5115511.0011340
TE Al Dixon343612.007170
RB Tony Reed34227.3313100
WR Carlos Carson232010.005140
FB Ted McKnight2242.00030
WR Henry Marshall1999.00390
WR Stan Rome0100.00000
ClevelandCatchTargYardsAvgYACLGTD
RB Calvin Hill565711.4016140
WR Keith Wright558517.009300
RB Greg Pruitt44358.7526160
FB Mike Pruitt2221.00020
WR Ricky Feacher151212.000120
WR Dave Logan123232.001320
TE Ozzie Newsome111313.000130
WR Reggie Rucker0300.00000

Next week we will be at home against the Miami Dolphins in our second pre season match-up. Can Art Still and Gary Barbaro stop Bob Griese? We'll see, thanks for tuning in and GO CHIEFS!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
carolinahuey
Mascot

Roster Update:

In order to get the roster down to the maximum of 46 players the following players were moved to the inactive list:
RB Arnold Morgado
RB Mike Williams
LG Rod Walters
LB Gary Spani
LB Clarence Sanders
CB Paul Dombroski

Also in last weekend's game at Cleveland starting RDT Dino Mangiero suffered a separated shoulder and will be out for the remainder of the preseason and may miss some time in the regular season as well.

The Chiefs also went out and signed free agent FS Deion Huffman, a 23 year old out of California. This gives the Chiefs a back-up at FS.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-26-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
carolinahuey
Mascot

Miami Dolphins (1-0)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

You are looking live...

At Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, MO, as the Chiefs welcome the Miami Dolphins in the second Pre-Season game for both teams. Tongiht's crowd of 77,400 hope that the 83 degree game time temp can heat up KC's tepid offense. Miami's offense is led by All-Pro QB Bob Griese and their defense is anchored by 1977 Defensive Rookie of the Year A.J. Duhe. Yikes!

The game starts out like the last one with the Chiefs not able to do anything on offense. In fact in the first half, the Chiefs have the ball 6 times and the results are 4 punts, a missed FG, and a pick. The score at the half Miami 3 KC 0. This has to change and fast. As is the ritual in the pre-season the starters are rested for the second half and that is apparently what Miami back-up QB Don Stock needed. On his way to winning Player of the Game honors, Strock ends up going 18 for 28, 179 yards, and 2 TD's, including the game winning pass to TE Bruce Hardy with under a minute to play.

The story for the Chiefs isn't all bad. Tony Adams played a brilliant second half of the game going 12 of 18 for 105 yards and a TD toss. The running game for KC was the real news maker as the trio of KC backs amassed over 100 yards rushing.

All in all it was a good game all around, the fact that Lowery has missed 2 field goals in 2 games is not good, but the offense is coming to life and the defense is playing stronger every game. Up next for the Chiefs, Archie Manning and the New Orleans Saints, see you then!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
carolinahuey
Mascot

New Orleans Saints (1-2)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-2)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Chiefs, Arrowhead Stadium, where 77,400 fans have gathered to watch a pre-season matchup between the New Orleans Saints and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Saints are led by All-Pro QB Archie Manning. The Saints have looked good this pre-season and that bodes well for their fans who are looking for the team's first postseason berth in their franchise's history.

What a start for the Chiefs! We get the kick and are driving, we get into NO territory and get a stupid penalty and I decide, for no other reason that I like to scream at the computer, to let Lowery try for a 58 yard field goal. Well he hits it, I laugh, and the Chiefs are up 3-0. It gets better from there as the Chiefs go on to win the game 17-7 for their first win this post season.

The story again in this game was the defense. Player of the Game Gary Green ignited the KC secondary with a 96 yard INT return for a TD. The Saints sat Archie Manning down after 3 series and let Ed Burns take over in their final pre-season warm up. Burns had a dismal afternoon going 11 for 39 and throwing 3 picks. On the other sideline the Chiefs were ecstatic about Bill Kenney's performance. Kenney played the entire first half and really stood out as the teams #1 QB. Kenney ended the day completing 10 of 17 passes for 76 yards and a TD. Once more the backfield for the Chiefs carried the load and helped KC win the T-O-P battle. With over 110 yards on the ground, the trio of RB's for the Chiefs helped keep the Saints offense on the sidelines.

Up next for the Chiefs is a trip to the left coast and their final pre-season match-up against last season's NFC Champions, the LA Rams, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-27-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:15 PM   #10
carolinahuey
Mascot

The Chiefs have announced that starting FB Ted McKnight will sit out the team's preseason finale in Los Angeles with Shoulder Tendinitis. The injury isn't severe, but as a precaution he won't suit up. The Chiefs also announced that starting QB Bill Kenney will not play either when KC takes on the Rams. This is another precaution to save Kenney from any injury.

On the financial front, the Chiefs have announced that they have resigned 6 year veteran Center Charlie Ane. The Michigan State product has been an anchor for the Chiefs O-Line and will continue his role there through the 1981 season.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #11
carolinahuey
Mascot

I should have done this at the beginning of this, but I didn't and I apologize. A HUGE thanks goes to nilodor for his work on the classic rosters. His work allows us to play out these seasons with the heroes of our youth. And to be quite honest, these games wouldn't be 1/100th of the fun they are without them. THANK YOU!

As for the photos, I usually go on Google Image Search for those or Ballparks.com. I have created my own logos and I will post a couple below. See you soon!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Nice logos. Don't suppose you would post these for public consumption?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
carolinahuey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Nice logos. Don't suppose you would post these for public consumption?

Of course I will! Once I get home I will upload them all to my photobucket site and that way we can all enjoy!
Old 09-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #14
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Sounds good keep up the good work.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #15
carolinahuey
Mascot

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...97#post1556897

Here is the link for the logos, I posted a thread in the main forum, thanks!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:04 PM   #16
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)

at

Los Angeles Rams (1-2)

You are looking live....

At Anaheim Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Rams. The Rams are welcoming the Chiefs in tonight in the final pre-season tuneup for both squads. There are over 56,000 fans on hand tonight to see last year's NFC Champs take on the KC Chiefs.

As stated before in Warpaint Illustrated, neither Ted McKnight nor Bill Kenney will suit up for this because the coaching staff wants them rested and healthy for opening day in San Antonio.

The game got off to a typical KC start, 4 punts and a pick and somehow by the grace of God (or because LA wasn't starting anybody from first string) it's a 3-3 game at the half. I let Tony Adams play the entire first half and I am glad I did. He has guaranteed himself his #2 QB role with his performance tonight. Completing 15 of 19 passes for 103 yards. Tony Reed maintained his strong pre-season performance carrying the ball 16 times for 60 yards. The star for the Chiefs however, was J.T. Smith as a wideout he caught 7 balls for 50 yards and as a return man he tied the game at 13 late in the 3rd with a 54 yard punt return.

This game again went down to the wire, I had 2 chances to move the ball down the field, but in the end Player of the Game Wendell Tyler, who ran for over 100 yards, kept milking the clock and I ended up with another loss.

The preseason is over and we haven't suffered any catastrophic injuries and the position battles ended the way that we'd hoped. We head into the regular season hoping to improve on last year's 7-9 mark. See you in San Antonio!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #17
carolinahuey
Mascot

And the hits just keep on coming, Nick Lowery injured himself in practice this week and is on the shelf with a Hyperextended Knee for 2 weeks. In a scramble, the Chiefs went out and signed 21-year old undrafted rookie Kenyon Abbott to fill Lowery's shoes. Abbott, who is a native of Colorado played college ball at Vandy and is average at best, but it's what we got.

In a move that might upset some apple carts, KC has named Tony Adams the starting QB and moved Bill Kenney to 2nd string. It was due to Adams' stellar play in the pre-season that the coaches decided to make the move for the team.

After speaking with the medical staff is appears that Ted McKnight and Dino Mangiero will need another 2 weeks to be at full strength so we are going to follow the doctor's orders and sit them.

In other roster moves, KC released RB Arnold Morgado to make room for Abbott and they activated LB Gary Spani.

On to San Antonio!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-27-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #18
carolinahuey
Mascot

On the injury front, the preseason wasn't as bad as it could have been the following are some marquee names that will miss some early season action:

OUT
Oliver Davis - CLE - 17 weeks with a severe hamstring pull
Mack Alston - IND - 16 weeks with a severe hamstring pull
John Matuszak - OAK - 3 weeks with a concussion

QUESTIONABLE
Ken Stabler - HOU - 3 weeks with a strained hamstring
June Jones - ATL - 4 weeks with knee tendonitis

PROBABLE
Herman Edwards - PHI - 3 weeks with a bruised ribcage

Taking a look at the preseason power rankings it appears that Pittsburgh should be in their own galaxy. They come in at 100, San Diego is next at 95 then all the way back in 3rd at 86 is Houston. The first NFC team to make an appearance is Washington, they're 4th at 78. To let you know what kind of mood I'll be in, KC is 28th with a 29. Fun Fun Fun!
Old 09-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #19
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

at

San Antonio Gunslingers (0-0)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Gunslingers, Alamo Stadium. It is here that over 60,000 screaming San Antonians will root on their Gunslingers in their first NFL game.

If you wanted to have a terrific game plan aganist a below average team do the opposite of what I did in this game. KC's first three possessions ended in turnovers and a 21-0 San Antonio lead. I don't know what is going on!?!? I changed starting QB's before this game and despite being down 21-0, Tony Adams was having an MVP type performance. Adams went 18 for 20 in the first half and was hitting everything. I guess he forgot how to play at halftime because he ended the game 26 of 54 for 230 yards and 3 picks. Can you say short leash in Chicago? Ironically the most dependable player on offense was the new kicker Kenyon Abbott who nailed a 54 yard field goal. The worse got worser and I ended up almost resigning, but I kept my head up and read the final score on the JumboTron:
Kansas City Chiefs0730-10
San Antonio Gunslingers71409-30

This is an expansion team that walloped me. San Antonio QB Matt Wood ended up completing 22 of 34 passes for 224 yards, a TD, and a pick. Their RB, MacArthur Wirgowski lit me up for 85 yards on 16 carries, WR J.W. Lewis hauled in 6 passes for 70 yards and none of those guys were named Player of the Game. No, that went to Safety Matthew Lynn. Lynn recorded 6 tackles, a sack, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

It's on to the Windy City and a man they call Sweetness, see you then!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #20
carolinahuey
Mascot

It's always an interesting time when teams must cut their rosters down to 53 total players, with only 46 of those being active. Such is the case in this dynasty as three marquee names (in real life) were let go by their teams. The Raiders let QB Marc Wilson hit the bricks, the Rams dropped Vince Ferragamo, and the Seahawks dropped Dave Krieg.

In a surprising move, the Chiefs made a move on Ferragamo to shore up their QB spot, but he failed his physical and the deal was voided.

**Actually I signed him and realized that I was playing the name game, you know signing or drafting players with big names, so I took the cap hit and released him about 4 minutes after I signed him, but saying he failed his physical makes it a more interesting read!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-28-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #21
carolinahuey
Mascot

You know it's not easy trying to run a franchise. Okay, we sit at 0-1 and look dreadful on offense. The doctors tell me that Lowery is close to being 100% so I activate him and release Kenyon Abbott to keep the roster at 46 active players. I hate to do that, Abbott is a good kid and we will keep his number handy. He knew he was a replacement for Lowery and hopefully understood that.

McKnight and Mangiero are still out and with the Ferragamo fiasco the team is getting mixed signals from ownership. Tony Adams IS the starting QB.

I think this team can win some ball games, but getting behind the 8-Ball is not a good way to start the season.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

at

Chicago Bears (1-0)

You are looking live...

At one of the most recognizable stadiums in the NFL, Soldier Field. On the shore of Lake Michigan, 42,100 fans have filed in to see their Chicago Bears take on the upset-minded Kansas City Chiefs. Coming to Chicago is always a treat, this stadium, in the shadow of the Sears Tower, holds so much history that it is an honor to walk between the lines. Enough gushing, I'm just trying to avoid the problems at hand. Mutiny might be the key word in the KC locker room, when management went out and tried to sign Ferragamo, this team nearly revolted. Hopefully now that Tony Adams is the #1 guy and Bill Kenney is the solid back-up, things can get back to normal.

That is if normal is having my a$$ handed to me, hey look at that...it is! Put on your big surprise face everyone, #34 Walter Payton won Player of the Game Honors and basically was the Bears offense in their 27-10 trouncing of the Chiefs. The Bears put up 318 yards of offense, sacked Tony Adams 3 times, forced 2 fumbles, earned 21 first downs, and picked off 2 KC passes in what can be best described as a football clinic. Payton ran for 141 yards on 28 carries AND caught 7 passes for 48 yards, he also scored twice. No wonder they call him Sweetness. Chicago QB Mike Phipps completed 20 of 31 passes for 159 yards and a score and K Bob Thomas added to 40+ yard field goals to embarrass Kansas City. Once more, Tony Adams had a tremendous day, despite throwing 2 picks, Adams completed 15 of 29 passes for 174 yards and a TD pass to TE Al Dixon. Henry Marshall led the Chiefs receivers with 66 yards on 5 catches and the not-quite 100% Nick Lowery added a FG.
Kansas City Chiefs0730-10
Chicago Bears010710-27

0-2, to start....not good, but at least we have our home opener next week against the Vikings so hopefully we can put 4 good quarters together and get a W. See you in KC!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-28-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #23
carolinahuey
Mascot

Minnesota Vikings (2-0)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-2)

You are looking live...

At..who cares WE WON, WE FREAKIN WON A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minnesota was driving with just over 2 minutes to go in this one, Tommy Kramer completes a pass that is good for a first down, but his receiver fumbles it, KC recovers, runs out the clock, BOOM no 0-16 for this team! We pick up the win over the Vikings 17-14, which isn't saying much since we were up 14-0 in the 1st half. Buy hey, a win is a win is a win!

Player of the Game Tony Adams threw for 193 yards, 2 TDs, on 21 of 28 attempts and NO picks! J.T. Smith led the Chiefs in receiving with 61 yards and a score. And of course Tony Reed was crucial in running out the clock, he had 52 yards on 21 carries. On Minnesota's side QB Tommy Kramer had a day that most QB's wish they could have. Kramer went 22 for 30 for 245 yards with a TD. The problem for Kramer wasn't his receivers, but his O-line, he got sacked 4 times. Shane Oliver decided to make it interesting in the 4th quarter and returned a punt 88 yards for a TD to tie it up, but with a little time left Nick Lowery nailed a 22 yard field goal in an 18 mph crosswind to seal the victory for the Chiefs, who are now 1-2!!!

Next week were are back on the road for our first AFC West vs San Diego, let's make this winning streak continue!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #24
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)

at

San Diego Chargers (1-2)

You are looking live...

At Jack Murphy Stadium, located just outside of beautiful San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy, formerly known as San Diego Stadium, is the home of the 1979 AFC West Champion San Diego Chargers. The Chargers are armed to the hilt with players like Chuck Muncie, Charlie Joiner, and their star QB Dan Fouts. The Chiefs come in here having just won their first game of the season last weekend versus Minnesota, the 42,900 Charger fans hope to stop the Chiefs winning streak at one.

Kansas City Chiefs0370-10
San Diego Chargers07614-27
The Chargers really had nothing to do with this one, the Chiefs are the ones to blame. With the game tied at 10 in the third, the Chiefs picked up 4 penalties on one drive for a total of 45 yards and that ended all hope of anything for KC. Tony Adams, who up to this point was having a terrific season, stat wise, was benched in the second half in favor of Bill Kenney. Adams ended the day throwing for 64 yards completing 8 of 17 passes. Kenney didn't do much better amassing only 37 yards in the second half. The run game went nowhere and the defense was porous allowing 421 total yards by the Charger offense. Dan Fouts ended up completing 22 passes on 32 attempts for a monster total of 276 yards with 2 TD's and no picks. The Chargers kept the ball for almost 37 minutes in this one as RBs Chuck Muncie and Mike Thomas both ran for over 70 yards each. WR Charlie Joiner caught passes for 103 and a score. The Charger D also managed to get to the QB 4 times in this as the Chiefs offense looked bad out there today. The Chiefs are now 1-3 and luckily have the next 2 at home. See you next week in KC as the Chiefs take on the Orlando Renegades, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-30-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #25
carolinahuey
Mascot

The injuries are starting to pile up here and no team is immune. The 2-time defending Super Bowl Champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers, have lost starting QB Terry Bradsaw and back-up QB Mark Malone for 3 weeks each. The 49ers have lost QB's Steve DeBerg for a month and Joe Montana for the season. The most severe injury was a Ruptured Achillies Tendon that New York Jets WR Danny Pittman suffered, he will be out for almost 7 months.

The Steelers went out and signed Doug Devine to fill their QB spot. Devine is out of Sam Houston State, he went undrafted but showed a lot of promise at the combines. The 49ers had to scramble with their QB's out as well and ended up signing Danny Forbes, who had a solid career at Central Florida.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #26
carolinahuey
Mascot

The injury bug hit the Chiefs camp as well. LT Matt Herkenhoff has a Sprained Neck, but will start this weekend and LCB Gary Green has Shoulder Tendinitis and will be less than 100% for a month or so, but will suit up and give it a go.

Despite being benched in the second half of last week's game, Tony Adams remains #1 on the depth chart. The coaching staff feels like that was a one time thing and are confident that Adams can get them many more W's this season.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #27
carolinahuey
Mascot

Orlando Renegades (0-3)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (1-3)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Chiefs where over 77,000 red clad fans have come to see their Chiefs take on AFC South opponent the Orlando Renegades. When this week's Power Rankings came out the Renegades found themselves at the bottom of the list and currently sit at 0-3.

I have no idea what is going on, but the Chiefs are more like Jekyl and Hyde than ever before. The first half was a joke and the second half was an All-Pro exercise in football, where the Chiefs ended up scoring their season high and totaled over 360 yards in total offense.

Orlando Renegades101430-27
Kansas City Chiefs314107-34

The 53 degree weather was no match for the hot offenses these teams brought to the stadium toady. Orlando QB Jim Green threw for 279 yards completing 17 of 35 passes and a TD. Renegades WR Clyde Monroe grabbed everything thrown his way amassing 109 yards receving on the day. The Player of the Game Award went to KC's RB Tony Reed. Reed got his 1st 100 yard game of the season rushing for 129 yards on 26 carries, he also caught 4 passes for 46 yards and rushed for a TD. QB Tony Adams racked up 232 yards completing 20 of 31 passes with scores TD tosses and 2 picks. WR J.T. Smith caught the game winning TD in the 4th quarter, Smith ended the day with a total of 5 passes for 87 yards. Nick Lowery kept up his stellar season hitting 2 field goals, including a 46 yarder.

Next week the Chiefs will be taking on the 3-1 Cincinnati Bengals at Arrowhead Stadium. See you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 09-30-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #28
carolinahuey
Mascot

Cincinnati Bengals (3-1)

at

Kansas City (2-3)

You are looking live...

At Arrowhead Stadium, home of your Kansas City Chiefs. Greetings football fans, we are live at the stadium, where 78,200 fans, the largest crowd of the year thus far, have packed in here to see if the Chiefs can get a win against the Cincinnati Bengals.

This was a tremendous game and a heckuva lot of fun to coach. It was 27-24 late in the 4th when Nick Lowery put up a 52 yard field goal attempt that went only 51 yards and the Bengals ran the clock to 0:00 and we lost.

Cincinnati Bengals14607-27
Kansas City Chiefs7773-24

This was an even game on both sidelines, both teams managed to gain 346 yards on offense. Player of the Game, Ken Anderson, the QB from Cincy, threw for 264 yards on 22 of 31 passes. Anderson also threw for 2 TD's and no picks. On the flip side Chiefs QB Tony Adams ended up 25 for 45 for 245 yards and 3 TD passes. The Chiefs offense was sharp today as RB Tony Reed pounded out 80 yards on the ground and WR J.T. Smith continued to impress catching 6 balls for 95 yards and a score.

The Chiefs hit the road again for a game at Oakland next weekend then it's the BYE week, see you near the Dock of the Bay!!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:12 PM   #29
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (2-4)

at

Oakland Raiders (2-3)

You are looking live...

At Oakland-Alameda Coliseum, home of the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders come into today's game at 2-3 and with the help of the smallest crowd of the season, just under 30,000, and the rain, the Raiders hope to pull out a win against their arch-rival the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs did their best to keep the small crowd as quiet as possible as they jumped out to a 21-0 lead over the Raiders. The Chiefs, on the day, racked up 316 yards in total offense and played tight D and came away with the win, 21-7.
Kansas City Chiefs14700-21
Oakland Raiders0700-7

Not everything was coming up roses, as both starting QB Tony Adams and starting FS Gary Barbaro were forced to leave the game early in the 3rd with injuries. We won't know the status of those injuries until tomorrow. Before Adams left, he was 11 for 15 for 188 yards and 2 scores, and that was enough for him to win Player of the Game honors. Tony Reed again lit up the field rushing for 131 yards on 27 carries and a score. J.T. Smith, again, 74 yards a TD, the man is well on his way to an All-Pro nomination. The Raiders were lackluster at best today, QB Jim Plunkett did throw for 218 yards on 21 of 36 passes, but that wasn't enough to spark the Raiders.

The Chiefs will take this win, and the fact they have won 2 of their last 3, into the BYE week. Things are starting to look up for KC
Old 09-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #30
carolinahuey
Mascot

The Chiefs will take this win, and the fact they have won 2 of their last 3, into the BYE week. Things are starting to look up for KC

Anyone remember that I said that a few moments ago. I AM AN IDIOT! Starting QB Tony Adams is out for a month with a Broken Arm, FS Gary Barbaro is out 2 months with a Broken Collarbone, and there are a slew of injuries that will keep several Chiefs on the Probable list.

In light of the problems the Chiefs have, they went out and signed undrafted QB Mo Koehler, the 23-year old had tried out for several teams after playing his college ball at Kansas, but no one kept him into the season. The Chiefs are looking at him to be the #3 QB until Adams can come back. The Chiefs also went out and signed former Baltimore Stars FS Willie Dimry. He will back up Deion Huffman for the time that Gary Barbaro is out.

Here are Tony Adams stats this season:
ATT CMP YDS TD INT
219 126 1,254 11 8

That is going to be tough, but we thought that Kenney was the starter in pre-season, so the drop off shouldn't be too bad...
Thank GOD we got a BYE week!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #31
carolinahuey
Mascot

Green Bay Packers (4-3)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (3-4)

You are looking live....

At Arrowhead Stadium, in Kansas City. The Chiefs are fresh off a BYE week and welcome the Green Bay Packers to town in a rematch of Super Bowl I. There are 78,200 fans in here today braving the rain and the 50 degree weather to see their Chiefs try to make a stong mid-season push.

Apparently during the BYE week, the Chiefs secondary had their arms surgically removed and something resembling broken oars put in their places. Lynn Dickey and the Packers racked up over 300 total yards in this one, including 242 through the air. Dickey went 15 for 29 and the aforementioned 242 yards, a pick, and even though he threw 3 picks, the Chiefs couldn't make them pay. WR Fred Nixon was Dickey's target of choice catching 5 passes for 106 yards. The final in this one, Green Bay 16 KC 10.
Green Bay Packers7603-16
Kansas City Chiefs00010-10

In his first start of the season in place of injured Tony Adams, Bill Kenney went 22 for 42 for 149 yards, a TD, and a pick. Tony Reed reached that 100 yard plateau again, going for 104 yards on 23 carries. J.T. Smith was the recipient of 9 of Kenney's passes for 76 yards and the Chiefs only TD.

The Chiefs will stay in Kansas City next week to take on AFC West foe Denver. See you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-02-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #32
carolinahuey
Mascot

Denver Broncos (4-4)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (3-5)

You are looking live....

At the home of the Chiefs. Today KC takes on AFC West foe Denver in a match-up of two teams looking for the postseason. Winter weather is on its way to the Midwest, today's game time temp is 49 degrees and it's only going to get colder. The chill won't keep the fans away, there are 77,400 Chiefs fans bundled up in red to cheer on their team.

Bill Kenney and the Chiefs receivers really struggled in this one. Kenney went 14 for 20 for only 142 yards and star wideout J.T. Smith has held to only 1 catch for 2 yards. HB Tony Reed did his best, running for 86 yards, but the Broncos won the field position game and kept tacking on field goals as the time ran out.

Denver Broncos71006-23
Kansas City Chiefs7070-14

Denver QB Matt Robinson went 19 for 30 and threw for just over 200 yards. WR Rick Upchurch hauled in 6 catches for 74 yards and Rob Lytle carried the rock 22 times for 86 yards to lead Denver to victory.

This one was a tough one to swallow, no one wanted to step up and make a big play. We kept getting the ball and couldn't move it or we'd move it and then get a Holding call against us. Frustrating is the best way to describe it. Next week we hit the road, to RCA and the Colts. At least we'll have a week inside a dome and won't have to worry about the temperature dropping. See you then!
Old 09-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #33
carolinahuey
Mascot

And the hits just keep on comin.

Sylvester Hicks, KC's RDE, ruptured his Achilles Tendon late in last weekend's game vs Denver. Hicks has been placed on IR and is done for 1980. The Chiefs had to go back out on the market and sign John Banaszak. Banaszak, a 6 year veteran out of Eastern Michigan, started the season in Pittsburgh, but was released in order to get the Steelers roster down to size.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #34
carolinahuey
Mascot

I think this game is on of the most intelligent that I have ever played, but sometimes it just makes me laugh and laugh. I was looking through the injuries list to do this News and Notes post and came across one that made me giggle

Reggie Kinlaw
LDT
Oakland Raiders
Out (Unknown Duration)
Tobacco Withdrawal Syndrome

Classic absolutely Classic!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #35
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (3-6)

at

Indianapolis Colts (5-4)

You are looking live....

At the RCA Dome, home of the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts welcome the Chiefs inside today where 42,000+ fans have come in from the cold to cheer on the Colts. The Chiefs come in hampered by injuries and facing an uphill battle with a record of 3-6. Bill Kenney will again get the start qt QB for the Chiefs, but the good news is that Tony Adams is back in uniform and should be ready to go in a few weeks.

Where oh Where has my offense gone? The Chiefs managed only 235 yards of total offense. It looked like the offense was getting on the right track, but games like this make you wonder if and when these guys get healthy can they make a run in their final 6 games?
Kansas City Chiefs0330-6
Indianapolis Colts77014-28

6 points, 2 field goals, that's all we managed against an average Colt defense. Here's a telling stat - the Chiefs were 4/15 on 3rd down conversions and the average distance for a 1st down on 3rd down was 9.3. No wonder we couldn't move the dern ball. Coupled with the fact that the average KC drive started at their own 21, 6 points was a Godsend. Bill Kenney managed 15 of 27 passing for 127 yards, a pick, and he was sacked 5 times. Tony Reed was the star of this "offense" with 88 yards and I think that teams have picked up on the fact that J.T. Smith is the man, he had another sub-par game catching only 3 passes for 37 yards.

The Colts offense needed nothing other than their QB today. Player of the Game Bert Jones completed a monster 19 of 21 passes for 190 yards, a score, and I guess he felt sorry for us and threw a pick as well. The rest of the Colts offense was mediocre but when your QB is throwing lights out it don't matter none.

The Chiefs will try to regroup as best as we can and focus on the Raiders who will come to town next weekend, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-01-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #36
carolinahuey
Mascot

At this time each year we gather our college football experts around the ole fireplace and let them tell us how things have gone this year at campuses around this country. We will talk about the Champs, the Bowl Games, and look ahead at any notable players who will enter next year's annual NFL Draft.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Georgia Bulldogs

Heisman Trophy Winner
George Rogers, HB, South Carolina

BOWL GAMES

Bluebonnet Bowl - North Carolina d. Texas
Cotton Bowl - Alabama d. Baylor
Fiesta Bowl - Penn State d. Ohio State
Garden State Bowl - Houston d. Navy
Gator Bowl - Pittsburgh d. South Carolina
Hall of Fame Classic - Arkansas d. Tulane
Holiday Bowl - BYU d. SMU
Independence Bowl - Southern Miss d. McNeese State
Liberty Bowl - Purdue d. Missouri
Orange Bowl - Oklahoma d. Florida State
Peach Bowl - Miami d. Virginia Tech
Rose Bowl - Michigan d. Washington
Sugar Bowl - Georgia d. Notre Dame
*** National Championship Game***
Sun Bowl - Nebraska d. Mississippi State
Tangerine Bowl - Florida d. Maryland

Here is a look at some HOT prospects who are entering next year's NFL Draft:

BROOKS, James - HB - Auburn
COLLINSWORTH, Cris - WR - Florida
EASLEY, Kenny - DB - UCLA
GREEN, Hugh - LB - Pittsburgh
JACKSON, Rickey - LB - Pittsburgh
JUNIOR, E.J. - LB - Alabama
LOMAX, Neil - QB - Portland State
LONG, Howie - LB - Villanova
LOTT, Ronnie - DB - USC
MAY, Mark - OT - Pittsburgh
MCNEIL, Freeman - HB - UCLA
ROGERS, George - HB - South Carolina
SINGLETARY, Mike - LB - Baylor
TAYLOR, Lawrence - LB - North Carolina
WILDER, James - HB - Missouri

Thanks for tuning in and we'll see you in 1981!

(I know the dates don't match up for this to be posted here, but I am away from my FOF game and wanted to post something

Old 10-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #37
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Very good stuff. I am going to be starting up a dynasty soon to follow the Chicago Bears starting with Walter Paytons rookie year.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #38
carolinahuey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Very good stuff. I am going to be starting up a dynasty soon to follow the Chicago Bears starting with Walter Paytons rookie year.

Thanks for reading!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #39
carolinahuey
Mascot

Oakland Raiders (5-5)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (3-7)

You are looking live...

At Arrowhead Stadium, where today in front of over 77,000 fans, the Chiefs will try to go 2-0 against the Raiders this year. It won't be easy as the Chiefs are still hurting. The good news is that Tony Adams will play next week, but this week it's Bill Kenney at the helm. And away we go..

If only we could play the Raiders every week. Somehow the defense manages to find something deep down and they shut down the Raiders for the second time this season, which was good because the offense was anemic.

Oakland Raiders3030-6
Kansas City Chiefs21030-15

The Chiefs D gets their first safety of the season and that's all it took to spark KC's offense into a getting a win. Bill Kenney ended up throwing for 179 yards on 17 of 25 passes, a score, and a pick. Tony Reed, who has been the workhorse this season, showed some wear, but still managed 72 yards on 24 carries. J.T. Smith kept catching passes and added 79 yards to his season total. The Player of the Game honors went to KC's LB Frank Manumaleuga, who recorded 9 tackles, including 2 sacks.

On the Raiders side, QB Jim Plunkett passed for 225 yards on 17 of 36 passes. TE Dave Casper was Plunkett's favorite target catching 5 passes for 85 yards. K Chris Bahr was the man who provided all the offense kick 2 field goals for Oakland.

Next week the Chiefs welcome the Chargers in another AFC West match-up, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-02-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #40
carolinahuey
Mascot

Bad News from San Diego

The San Diego Chargers, who at 8-3 lead the AFC West, were dealt a serious blow this week. On Monday, star QB Dan Fouts collapsed at practice after complaining of stomach pains. Fouts, who has thrown for over 2,800 yards and is tied for the league lead in TD passes with 26, was rushed to the hospital. It has determined that he had a burst appendix and was rushed into surgery. The procedure went well and Fouts is back at home recovering, but will not be able to play for at least a month. This puts the Chargers in a tight spot and in order to deal with this setback, the Chargers went out and signed former Steeler back-up Mark Malone to fill Fouts' shoes.

San Diego travels to Kansas City this week without their leader, let's see if they can hang on to their slim lead in the AFC West.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-01-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:25 PM   #41
carolinahuey
Mascot

San Diego Chargers (8-3)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (4-7)

You are looking live...

At a chilly Arrowhead Stadium. The game time temp is 48 degrees, but over 78,000 fans have braved the chill and the swirling winds to see if the Chiefs can knock off AFC West leading San Diego.

I said last week that SD might be starting Mark Malone in place of the injured Dan Fouts, but no, it turns out the Chargers will go with Duane Herndon at QB. Turns out it's not the QB I need to worry about...
San Diego Chargers73030-13
Kansas City Chiefs030103-16

It's whether to run down to the field and kiss Nick Lowery or just buy him a car! A game winning FG in OT after a Herb Christopher fumble recovery to cap off a very exciting game.

The Chiefs could not get anything going in this one in the first half. Tony Adams, who had missed the previous month with a broken arm, was noticably rusty and in fact was replaced by Bill Kenney late in the 2nd half. Before his departure, Adams went 13 for 24 for 79 yards and 3 picks. Bill Kenney came in, and decided to create a QB controversy, going 6 for 9, for 105 yards, and a score. WR Henry Marshall was the star wide-out today catching 5 passes for 76 yards. The Player of the Game in this one was the sure-footed Nick Lowery, who made 3 field goals in this to give the Chiefs the upset victory.

The star for the Chargers was their RB, Chuck Muncie, who ran for over 120 yards on 26 carries. Mike Thomas added 97 yards on the ground as the Chiefs just couldn't find any answers to stop this rushing tandem. Backup QB Duane Herndon ended up completing 16 of 26 passes for 184 yards.

The Chiefs hit the road for next week's showdown in Denver and hope to inch closer to .500, see you then!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #42
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (5-7)

at

Denver Broncos (8-4)

You are looking live...

At a frozen Mile High Stadium. The game time temperature for this AFC West match-up is 26 degrees! You wouldn't know it was colder than Pluto because there are over 73,000 rabid Bronco fans here today. These fans know that with the injury problems in San Diego, the division is theirs if they want it.

The cold definitely had an effect on this game. It was tough to pass deep and the ball was hard as a rock, but these guys are professionals and are paid to deal with this weather. This one turned into another great nail biter that wasn't over until the last 10 seconds!

Kansas City Chiefs3336-15
Denver Broncos0773-17

Field goals were the name of the game for KC today, again the Chiefs had a tough time on 3rd down (4/13) and had to rely on Nick Lowery's leg to keep them in this one. The Chiefs finally managed a TD with :20 seconds left in the game which brought them to within 2, when a 2-point conversion failed, everyone knew it was going to be an onside kick. Somehow the Chiefs recoved at their own 42 and had one play to score a TD and steal a victory in Denver, but the D was too strong and busted through to sack Tony Adams as time expired. With the loss, the Chiefs move to 5-8, and watch as their playoff hopes grow dimmer.

Somehow, KC QB Tony Adams won Player of the Game honors, passing for 205 yards on 20 of 31 passes and the aforementioned TD. Tony Reed was punished again in this one rushing for only 54 yards on 15 carries, the season is really taking its toll on Reed, but he did manage to eclipse the 1,000 yard mark - Congratulations Tony! The receiving corps did their best to keep KC in this one. All-World wideout J.T. Smith caught 6 balls for 106 yards and Henry Marshall, who scored the only KC TD of the game, snagged 5 passes for 81 yards.

Denver's QB Matt Robinson had almost identical numbers to Adams, 21 of 30 for 201 yards, but was passed up for P-O-T-G honors, don't know why?! Otis Armstrong led the Denver O with 82 yards on the ground on 16 carries. The fans can thank DE Barney Chavous for the sack to end the game and give Denver first place in the AFC West.

The Chiefs ended their AFC West schedule going 3-3, which is pretty good in my book. They now head home for their home finale against the Houston Oilers, see you then!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #43
carolinahuey
Mascot

Houston Oilers (7-6)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (5-8)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Chiefs, Arrowhead Stadium. It is in this building that the Chiefs host the Houston Oilers today in front of 78,200 fans. The Chiefs and the Oilers are both still alive, albeit barely, in the playoff hunt so this is a big game for both squads.

The Chiefs offense was on fire, in the first half at least, in this one and that paved the way for another victory, unfortunately with other AFC teams winning as well it meant that the Chiefs were officially eliminated from the postseason.

Houston Oilers3300-6
Kansas City Chiefs71000-17

Player of the Game WR J.T. Smith was the man among men today, catching 5 passes for a season high 164 yards. He and QB Tony Adams seemed to be on the same page and noticed some shakiness in Houston's DB's. Tony Adams ended the day going 12 for 23 for 209 yards and a score to TE Al Dixon. Tony Reed looked like the Tony Reed of old as he ran for 88 yards.

The Oilers had their problems on offense. QB Ken Stabler was only 21 out of 44 with 2 picks and although HB Earl Campbell did muster 76 yards on the ground, the only offense for Houston was 2 Toni Fritsch field goals.

This was the Chiefs home finale, they end the season at Arrowhead 5-3 and head to Detroit and New York to finish the season and look to get 8 wins and get to .500. We'll see you in the Motor City!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #44
carolinahuey
Mascot

Don't expect the Chiefs to sit back and relax these last two games. KC is focused on getting 2 more wins in 1980.

Good news on the injury front is that FS Gary Barbaro is fully healed and will back in the starting lineup next weekend in Detroit.

Bad news on the injury front is that WR Carlos Carson is done for the season with a Broken Collarbone. Carson had 265 yards this season on 23 catches and 0 TD's.

Looking at the NFL Leaders going into this week:

Tony Reed is 7th in Rushing Yards (1,100)
J.T. Smith needs 22 yards to reach the 1,000 yard plateau
CB Eric Harris is tied for 3rd with 6 picks
Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #45
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (6-8)

at

Detroit Lions (4-10)

You are looking live...

Inside the Pontiac Silverdome, home of the Detroit Lions. Today, with a crowd of jst over 35,000, the Lions hope to get their 5th win of the season over the visiting Chiefs. KC, however, is looking to avoid a 10 loss season and can do so with a win here today. Once this team was told they had been eliminated from the postseason their goals was not to lost 10 games and if at all possible to finish at 8-8, which would be a 1 game improvement over last season.

The Chiefs offense was clicking from the coin toss in this one. They didn't allow Detroit in the game at all, the final score was no indication at all to the domination put forth by the Chiefs.

Kansas City Chiefs31470-24
Detroit Lions0707-14

The Chiefs totaled over 310 yards in total offense in this one and their plan was simple, keep the ball in our hands and their offense on the sidelines. Player of the Game Tony Adams followed the plan to a T, passing for 194 yards on 14 of 21 passes and 2 scores. HB Tony Reed, limped off the field in the 3rd Quarter and didn't return, ran for 55 yards, but the real surprise was his backup Horace Belton. Belton came in for Reed and carried the ball 11 times for 51 yards including a score! WR extrodinaire J.T. Smith once again went over 100 yards receving (104) on 7 catches and a score.

Detroit QB Gary Danielson struggled to find his rythym all day completing just 20 of 44 passes for 188 yards, a TD, and 2 INT's. Billy Sims, the Lions HB, who has been banged up all season managed only 57 yards in this one as the Lions had to go to the air late in this one.

This was a great game for us. We didn't fall flat after being eliminated from the postseason and it showed. Our fans should be proud of the effort this team game, I know that I am and the rest of our coaching staff is. Next week it's on to Shea Stadium and the New York Jets to finish out the season, see you then!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #46
carolinahuey
Mascot

Tony Reed's season is done. Reed, who has 1,117 yards rushing this season, left last weekend's game in Detroit with a pain in his knee. The doctors looked at him and diagnosed the problem as a Strained Patellar Tendon. Deciding that his health is more important than anything, the coaches have decided to put Reed on the shelf for the Chiefs final game in New York. Reed has been a workhorse this season, often times carrying the Chiefs' offense on his back. Horace Belton, who filled in for Reed in the 2nd half against the Lions will get the start.

This is a very important game for KC. Not only can they go to 8-8 with a win, but this gives the coaches and GM a chance to look at some players whose contracts are up at season's end. With the draft right around the corner, some players might be playing for their NFL lives.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-03-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #47
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (7-8)

at

New York Jets (6-9)

You are looking live...

At Shea Stadium, the home of the New York Jets. 73,600 fans have packed in here to see the regular season finale between the Jets and the Kansas City Chiefs. KC is trying to get to .500 and the Jets are just trying to save face and not lose 10 games.

The Chiefs end the 1980 season on a 5-1 run and end up at 8-8 which is a 1 game improvement over last year, that's all you can ask for!
Kansas City Chiefs010017-27
New York Jets7070-14

With RB Tony Reed in street clothes, the Chiefs were worried where their offense would come from. His name is Horace Belton. Belton, who had some carries this season, ran the ball for 92 yards on 20 carries and scored a TD to lead the Chiefs to a huge victory on the road. J.T. Smith continued his magical season catching 5 passes for 121 yards and a TD. QB Tony Adams shook off the rust and came out sharp completing 15 of 28 passes for a season high 271 yards. I couldn't be any prouder of this team. Through injuries and everything this season to finish 8-8 is just the first step the Chiefs will take under my command towards the postseason and beyond.

The Jets, however, didn't have much to smile about. QB Richard Todd completed only 17 of 37 passes for 145 yards, 1 TD and 3 picks. The offense just couldn't get going after scoring in the first 5 minutes.

What a season it has been, I love FOF2007! I have enjoyed watching this team grow and mature and face adversity. This team really found itself midway through the season. As I look at the contract status of the team, many of the stars of this team are locked up for many years and re-signing the ones who aren't will be a top priority. Come back for Chiefs football in 1981, see you then!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:17 PM   #48
carolinahuey
Mascot

AFC EastWLTNFC EastWLT
New England970Washington1330
Buffalo970Philadelphia1060
Miami880New York5110
New York 6100Dallas1060
AFC NorthNFC North
Pittsburgh1510Minnesota880
Cincinnati1060Chicago790
Cleveland880Green Bay790
Baltimore1150Detroit4120
AFC SouthNFC South
Indianapolis1150Atlanta1240
Houston880Tampa Bay1150
San Antonio4120New Orleans6100
Orlando0160Memphis5110
AFC WestNFC West
Denver1240San Francisco1060
San Diego970Los Angeles880
Kansas City880St Louis880
Oakland790Seattle790

Here is a look at the final standings and the Wild Card Playoff Match-Ups (yellow denotes playoff teams)

AFC
Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts
Cincinnati Bengals at New England Patriots

NFC
Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings

Keep it tuned right here for all your postseason coverage!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-03-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #49
carolinahuey
Mascot

Here is a look at the 1980 Kansas City Chiefs stats:

Passing
ATT
CMP
YDS
TD
INT
Tony Adams
Bill Kenney
Steve Fuller
-
-

Rushing
ATT
YDS
TD
100+
Tony Reed
Horace Belton
-
Ted McKnight
-
Henry Marshall
-
-
James Hadnot
-
Earl Gant
-
-
Receiving
REC
YDS
TD
100+
J.T. Smith
Henry Marshall
-
Al Dixon
-
Tony Reed
-
-
Carlos Carson
-
-
Ted McKnight
-
-
Stan Rome
-
Ed Beckman
-
-
James Hadnot
-
Horace Belton
-
-
Earl Gant
-
-
Jerry Reese
-
-
Kicking
FGM
FGA
%
LG
XPA
XPM
Nick Lowery
80.8%
Punting
#
YDS
AVG
LG
<20
Bob Grupp

Like a dummy, I didn't print off the defensive stats for KC before I left the house this morning. Once I get home I will put those on here too.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #50
carolinahuey
Mascot

JAWS TAKES A BITE OUT OF RECORD BOOKS

Philadelphia QB Ron Jaworski, affectionately known as "Jaws", set an NFL record for Passing Yards this season. Jaws threw for over 5,000 yards to beat Dan Fouts' 1979 record by over 1,000 yards. Jaworski totaled 5,107 yards of passing offense this season on his way to leading the Eagles to a 10-6 record and a spot in the playoffs. Jaws also threw for a total of 37 TD's, was only picked off 12 times, and had a total of 12 300+ yard passing games. Just an absolutely awesome season. Jaworksi's favorite target was his WR Harold Carmichael, who led the league in Receiving Yards with 1,711. Jaws and the Eagles are headed west to take on San Francisco in the opening round of the playoffs, will #7's arm be enough to lead them to the Super Bowl?