Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
duff88
College Prospect

Your hockey career: NHL:EHM 2005 Interactive Dynasty Try 2

Well the other one didn't work quite as well as I expected because I was too generous and accepted too many players (a total above 55). Each time I tried to be ready by the deadline the amount of work was too heavy and I couldn't make it. I also had save corruption problems that limited me so it was not going very well. Now that, with the great help of Risto Remes which I want to thank, I have been able to pass by that corruption problem, I'm ready to start back the dynasty.

Like originally, this is going to be posted on this board and another one which can be found here . This time, I'm only going to accept players until the total reach 20 and then I'm going to start the game. You can count on me for posting updates as soon as next week!

Fill out these infos to get your player created:

Name: (Needs to be a possible name, not a forum nickname)

Birth City, Nationality:
Will determine what league you play for as well as your age.

Bithday:
I only need the birthday, not the birth year.

Favourite Number: Like in the real hockey world, needs to be between 1 and 98.

Size: Chose between "Very Small", "Small", "Average", "Big" and "Huge".

Position and Shoot/Glove side: You can chose one position to start the game and another one that you might learn during your career. For realism, a goaltender can only have one position, a defenseman won't be able to play forward (even if some do) and forwards won't be able to play defence. Please chose your shoot/glove side too.

Player Strenghts and Weaknesses: Tell me your player's strenghts and weaknesses.

duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
duff88
College Prospect

And well, I might as well keep my self interested so there will be a 21st spot held by my self; you can also you this as an exemple:

Name: Nicolas Fillion
Birth City, Nationality: Chicoutimi, Canada
Bithday: December 16th
Favourite Number: 1
Size: Very Small
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Goaltender, Left
Player Strenghts and Weaknesses: Good agility, reflexes, glove hand and blocker. Hard worker and good team player. Bad consistency and rebound control, injury could be a problem.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Name: Danny Wilson

Berkley, MI, USA.

Bithday: 10/05

Favourite Number: 7

Size: Big

Position and Shoot/Glove side: D. Left handed.

Player Strenghts and Weaknesses:

Strengths: Big, aggressive defensemen who has a big shot. Plays the bottle, likes to mix it up, is a true leader.

Weaknesses: Temper gets to him sometimes. Not the most accuerate shot. Good but not great skater.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Name: Dylan Airhart

Litchfield MN USA

Bithday: 2/17

Favourite Number: 22

Size: Medium
Position and Shoot/Glove side: RW/ R

Strengths: Good passer and fast skater, Makes alot of off puck plays

Weaknesses: Isnt a big playmaker, more of a out of spotlight player
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

Name: Logan Jaffe

Birth City, Nationality: Marlboro, NJ, USA

Bithday: 9/4

Favourite Number: 18

Position and Shoot/Glove side: RW, shoots right

Strengths: Physical. Will camp out in front of the net and take a beating, pounce on rebounds, and deflect shots. Great wrist shot. Excellent forechecker. Solid leadership and will drop the gloves.

Weaknesses: Not too fast. Adequate skater, but skates hard. "Playmaking" ability is sacrificed due to size and strength.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Name: Matt Bosela
Birth City, Nationality: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Bithday: April 1st
Favourite Number: 19
Size: Average
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Right Wing, Shoots Left
Player Strengths and Weaknesses: Very good speed, agility and flair. Excellent wrist shot and passing skills. Defensively aware and good leadership ability. Average stickhandler and work ethic. However, below average strength; not great in corners. Only an average slap shot. Doesn't take many penalties. A bit inconsistent.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #7
JeffNights
College Prospect

Name: Jeff Riddle

Birth City, Nationality: Wyandotte, Mi USA
Bithday: 3/20

Favourite Number: 58
Size: Big.
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Winger, Right handed shot
Player Strenghts and Weaknesses: Strong as a Bull. Jeff is a very defensive minded forward, he simply loves to smash opposing players into the boards on the forecheck. Should contend for Selke trophy yearly if he makes it to the NHL. Has a gift for passing, hitting streaking teammates with passes out of the zone. A Great checker and hitter, Jeff can and does drop the gloves as the need arises. A couple glaring weaknesses are his ability to acatully shoot the puck, dont expect him to blaze in a slapshot on a breakaway, he scores his goals by crashing the net and fighitng for rebounds. Also he may take a bit too many penalties due to his physical style.

Last edited by JeffNights : 01-02-2006 at 06:12 PM.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
Blade
College Prospect

Name: Mike Tokunaga

Birth City and Nationality: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Bithday: December 23

Favourite Number: 11

Position and Shot: Center, Left-Handed Shot

Player Strenghts and Weaknesses: Mark Messier-type - Power forward with a nasty streak who can score and is a good leader. As such, Strengths of strong slap shot, hitting, leadership. Weaknesses of taking a lot of penalties, and defensive play.

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.

Last edited by Blade : 01-02-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #9
Travis
Pro Rookie

Name: Travis Elkin

Birth City, Nationality:
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada (or Edmonton if Sherwood Park is unavailable).

Bithday:
March 29th

Position and Shoot/Glove side: LW / Right handed shot

Player Strengths: Strong on the puck and on the boards. Best shot is his wristshot due to a quick release and accuracy. Self motivator and loves to make the pretty pass to set up a team mate for an easy goal.

Player Weaknesses:
Isn't going to blow by anybody due to top end speed. Can get caught looking to jump up ice a bit early in the break out to make up for that.

Last edited by Travis : 01-02-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Name: Thomas de la Fleur
Birth City and Nationality: Sudbury, ON, Canada
Birthday: September 23

Favourite Number: 97

Position and Shoot/Glove side: LW (C)/lefthanded

Player Strengths: Great skater and good with control and accuracy
Weaknesses: Doesn't play very good defense, is slow to lose the gloves or to take a penalty
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #11
ram
n00b

Name: Hans Svensson

Birth City and Nationality: Karlstad, Sweden

Birthday: April 1

Favorite Number: 77

Size: Huge

Position and Shoot/Glove side: Defensemen (right handed)

Player Strengths: A defensive defensemen, who loves to hit and drop the gloves.
Weaknesses: Very limited offensive game and not a very good skater.
ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #12
duff88
College Prospect

We're now complete, each of your players were entered into the database and an update should come in the next few days or weeks.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #13
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz
Name: Matt Bosela
Birth City, Nationality: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Bithday: April 1st
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Right Wing, Shoots Left
Player Strengths and Weaknesses: Very good speed, agility and flair. Excellent wrist shot and passing skills. Defensively aware and good leadership ability. Average stickhandler and work ethic. However, below average strength; not great in corners. Only an average slap shot. Doesn't take many penalties. A bit inconsistent.

Just wondering; there's already a Matthew Bosela as a Non-Player from Niagara Falls born on April 1st in the database. What's with that?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #14
Blade6119
Coordinator

Name: Colton Mayes
Birth City, Nationality: Chesterfield, Missouri
Bithday: March 28th
Favourite Number: 13
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Center, Right handed
Player Strenghts and Weaknesses: Great offensive center, with solid physical attributes. His defense leaves something to be wanted, and he can be inconsistent at times
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #15
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Name: Colton Mayes
Birth City, Nationality: Chesterfield, Missouri
Bithday: March 28th
Favourite Number: 13
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Center, Right handed
Player Strenghts and Weaknesses: Great offensive center, with solid physical attributes. His defense leaves something to be wanted, and he can be inconsistent at times

Sorry; it's too late. I know it sucks for those who hadn't seen it in time but I can't have another 50+ player dynasty...
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #16
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff88
Sorry; it's too late. I know it sucks for those who hadn't seen it in time but I can't have another 50+ player dynasty...
Fair enough...i just assumed since you said 20 person and it wasnt 20 yet...thnX anyways
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #17
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Fair enough...i just assumed since you said 20 person and it wasnt 20 yet...thnX anyways

Well I might not have made it clear, but it's 20 as a total of the two boards I'm posting this on.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #18
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Just wondering; there's already a Matthew Bosela as a Non-Player from Niagara Falls born on April 1st in the database. What's with that?

Ha! That's hilarious! My guess is that because I'm a researcher I was put in the game. I never knew that until now!

Shouldn't be a big deal for you, since the birth years will be different.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #19
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Name: Benton Gale
Birth City, Nationality: Colorado Springs, Co
Bithday: April 4th
Favourite Number: 44
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Defender, Right Handed
Player Strengths and Weaknesses: Very quick with good speed, excellent offensive skills, especially passing. Good defender but not very physical, preferring to use speed to disrupt attacks.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
tucker342
Pro Starter

Name: AJ Tucker
Birth City, Nationality:
Iowa City, IA American
Bithday: September 24
Favourite Number: 3
Position and Shoot/Glove side: Start as Center, would like to learn either of the wing positions. right-handed shot.
Player Strenghts and Weaknesses: Basically a points man, good shooter, good passer, and fast.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:15 PM   #21
duff88
College Prospect

Dylan Airhart
Airhart, a 5’9/149 right winger from Litchfield, Minnesota will play for reputed high-school Shattuck-St. Mary’s in his home state this year. A quick player often compared to Finnish forward Antti Miettinen, the fourteen years old forward is expected to play two years with St. Mary’s before joining a NCAA team to pursue his career in US Colleges. Eligible for the 2009 NHL Draft, Airhart could possibly be a top 100 pick if he continues his hard work.

Matt Bosela

The fifteen years old 5’10/149 right winger will be one of the key players for the Toronto Red Wings of the Greater Toronto Hockey League this year. Gifted with one of the most impressive wrist shots for ’90 born players, Bosela should be a first round pick in the 2006 OHL Draft before becoming eligible for the NHL Draft in 2008.

Mathieu Cloutier
Even though he’s a real energy ball, Mathieu Cloutier’s future as an NHLer is nothing but certain. A small right-handed left winger at 5’6/134, coaches have always doubted if Cloutier, currently playing with Cap Madeleine of the Quebec Midget AAA League, could make it to the next level. Even if it’s uncertain if he’ll be able to get drafted in the 2006 QMJHL Draft, Cloutier has always lived in that situation and if he should continue to surprise, he could be picked in the NHL Draft in 2008.

Graeme Dickson

The fourteen years old 5’6/127 left winger, who currently plays for CAC in Edmonton Bantams, is eligible for the 2006 WHL Draft where he could very well be a top 10 pick. Scouts who have seen him in the recent years agree that he looks like Darcy Tucker. Wetter scouts think his aggressive style can translate into the NHL is still to be determined, but we’ll see in 2009 when he becomes eligible for the NHL Entry Draft.

Travis Elkin

Sherwood Park Flyers’ big 6’0/178 fourteen years old right winger has already gathered a lot of interest from WHL team. His style, reminiscent of Phoenix Coyotes’ Mike Johnson, and his size for a player his age could provide him a good WHL career. Eligible for the 2009 NHL Draft, he could be a solid prospect if he works hard on his skating and on his defensive game.

Nicolas Fillion

Gifted with pretty good talent, the 5’3/127 goaltender from Chicoutimi, who currently plays for the Jonquière Élites in Quebec Midget AAA, scouts still wonder if the fourteen years old can play goal in higher leagues. His tiny frame is what shy scouts away, but he should still be a first round pick in the QMJHL. The question is will a team pick him in the 2009 draft?

Christoph Gaspari

At fifteen years old, Gaspari just took the biggest decision of his life moving from Buffalo to play for Shattuck-St. Mary’s in Minnesota! A 5’6/132 left winger, the fifteen years old forward aims to play College hockey considering an NHL career his nothing but certain for him. Eligible for the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Gaspari’s hard-working habits could make scouts look away from his below-average skating and decide to try and pick him.

Pete Guay

Lethbridge Val Matteoti Golden Hawks’ fourteen years old 5’7/136 forward Pete Guay, who is eligible for the 2006 WHL Draft, is a huge question mark in scouts’ head. An unpredictable player who sometimes looks like Steve Yzerman, he could very well look like an UHLer in his next shift. Guay, if he gets his game going, could be drafted in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Michael Hawk
If only Michael Hawk could focus on hockey… This 5’9/156 thirteen years old left winger, who already impress with his good size, excellent speed and his aggressive style of hockey for such a young player, he also has the talent to get into trouble. Hawk’s father, Hank, was able to prevent him a life ban from BC Hockey after multiple incidents both on and off the ice. WHL scouts still rave about his hockey style and he could be a top 10 pick in the 2006 WHL Draft. If he matures enough to let go of his attitude, Vancouver Invasion’s forward could be drafted in the 2010 NHL Draft.

Vincenzo Hunter
Scouts rave about the 6’0/174 fourteen years old center, who currently plays for the Long Island Gulls, saying he plays a style à la Olli Jokinen. Hunter has made it public that if everything goes well, he’ll play a year with Long Island and the two years in either the NAHL or the USHL before playing in the NCAA. Hunter is eligible for the 2009 NHL Draft for which he’s already talked about as a possible top 5 pick!

Logan Jaffe
The big fifteen years old right winger, at 6’0/178, is expected to one day be a key player in the NCAA. Does he have the talent to play in the NHL? Scouts usually say no… But he’s a hard worker and has a good shot and a great number of hall-of-fame players have made it beyond expectations. Jaffe is eligible for the 2009 NHL Draft, he’ll play for the New Jersey Midget Devils in the U16 League this year.

Andrew James
Scouts rave about Andrew James! The 5’7/145 fourteen years old center, who will play for Grande-Prairie in Bantam hockey this year, is considered as one of the top prospects for the WHL draft this year and the only reason he isn’t THE top one is because scouts fear his style à la Pierre Turgeon might not be well suited for the WHL. James could be a first round pick in the 2009 NHL Draft.

Rand Kaberle

At 5’4/138, the small fifteen years old defensive defenseman à la Niclas Havelid has already made it clear that he will play in the NCAA instead of the OHL. Knowing that his future in pro hockey might not gather a good enough salary to live simply from it, Kaberle thinks attending university is the best move he can make for his future. If a team decides that he’s got enough talent, Toronto Marlboros’ defenseman will be drafted in the 2008 NHL Draft.

Jeff Riddle
The 6’0/171 fifteen years old right winger, who currently plays for Belle Tire in USU16, hopes to pursue his career in US Colleges considering he still hasn’t received a lot of praise from scouts; it would take a lot of work and dedication from Riddle to get to the level to be drafted during the 2008 NHL Draft.

Jordan Stangle
The 6’1/183 fifteen years old defenseman from Montreal, who plays for College Charles-Lemoyne in Midget AAA, could be a first round pick in the 2006 QMJHL Draft as his style of play reminds scouts of Glen Wesley. Stangle will also be eligible for the NHL Draft in 2008.

Hans Svensson

At 6’4/198, the huge defensive specimen who currently plays for Mora IK Jrs in Sweden could one day make it to the NHL because of his amazing strength and his good mobility for a player his size. Svensson will be eligible for the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, but will scouts shy away from his game because it doesn’t fit in the new NHL? Svensson will be the leader of his own destiny!

Mike Tokunaga

He might only be thirteen years old, but Mike Tokunaga, a 5’9/165 center who plays for the Knight of Columbus Squires in Edmonton Bantams could develop into a great player. Gifted with an excellent variety of shots and impressive conditioning for such a young player, he’ll likely be a top 5 pick in the WHL draft and will become eligible for the NHL Entry Draft in 2010.

Alex Tousignant

Tousignant, a fifteen years old 6’0/174 center who plays for Harbor in the EJHL, is an unbelievable hockey player who will certainly be one of the most actively pursued prospects by US Colleges. Currently seen as one of the front runners for first overall pick in 2008, Tousignant has scouts raving; Mike Antonovich, head scout of the St. Louis Blues, even said that “He’s still young, but he’s got the potential to be another Vinny Lecavalier!”

Kevin Wah

Wah, a 6’0/167 fourteen years old goaltender, is currently considered as one of the top prospects for the 2006 WHL Draft and one of the top goaltenders for the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. The quick goaltender has excellent technical skills and Brodeur-like puckhandling skills that make scouts rave about his game. He’ll see a lot of shots this year with Richmond of the BC Bantam League and if he performs as expected, you can hope to see his name called soon in the WHL draft this year.

Danny Wilson

You can ask every scouts across America what they think about Danny Wilson, most of them will answer “Who?” The 6’1/185 fourteen years old defensive defenseman, who plays for Belle Tire in USU16, plays a defensive style without much flash. Hoping to play NCAA hockey, that’s when we’ll start seeing if Wilson has the potential to be drafted in 2009.

Thomas de la Fleur

If Alex Tousignant is among the front runners for first overall pick in 2008, de la Fleur is probably the person he’ll need to beat out for it. Unbelievably quick with an excellent shot, it would be a major upset if the 5’10/165 fifteen years old left winger who currently plays with Sudbury in Ontario Midgets wouldn’t go first overall in the 2006 OHL Draft; the only way that could happen is if the team fears he will only play two years in the O.

-

ISS 2006 NHL Preliminary Draft Top 15
1. Phil Kessel – C/RW – 6’0/187 – United States – Minnesota (NCAA)
2. Jonathan Toews – C/LW – 6’1/180 – Canada – North Dakota (NCAA)
3. Michael Frolik – RW – 6’0/174 – Czech Republic – Kladno (CZE)
4. Bryan Little – C – 5’11/183 – Canada – Barrie (OHL)
5. Peter Mueller – C/LW – 6’2/198 – United States – Everett (WHL)
6. Jordan Staal – C/LW – 6’4/198 – Canada – Peterborough (OHL)
7. Erik Johnson – RD/LD – 6’4/205 – United States – USNDP (USA)
8. James Sheppard – LW – 6’2/198 – Canada – Cape Breton (QMJHL)
9. Ben Shutron – RD – 6’1/185 – Canada – Kingston (OHL)
10. David Kveton – RW/C – 5’10/163 – Czech Republic – Vsetin (CZE)
11. Niklas Bäckström – C – 6’0/187 – Sweden – Brynäs (SWE)
12. Jesse Joensuu – LW – 6’3/191 – Finland - Ässät (FIN)
13. Nick Foligno – C/LW – 6’0/191 – United States – Sudbury (OHL)
14. Derrick Brassard – C – 6’0/171 – Canada – Drummondville (QMJHL)
15. Aleksandr Vasyunov – RW – 6’1/185 – Russia – Lokomotiv (RUS)

ISS 2006 QMJHL Preliminary Draft Top 3

1. Patrice Cormier – LW – 6’1/185 – Canada – Moncton (MJAHL)
2. Derek Pallis – LD/RD – 6’2/171 – United States – St. Félicien (QJAAA)
3. Kale Perry – LD – 6’3/216 – Canada – Cornwall (CJHL)
9. Nicolas Fillion – G – 5’3/127 – Canada – Jonquière (QMAAAHL)
16. Jordan Stangle – LD – 6’1/183 – Canada – Charles-Lemoyne (QMAAAHL)
x. Mathieu Cloutier – LW – 5’6/134 – Canada – Cap Madeleine (QMAAAHL)

ISS 2006 OHL Preliminary Draft Top 3
1. Thomas de la Fleur – LW – 5’10/165 – Canada – Sudbury (GNML)
2. James Livingston – C – 6’1/191 – Canada – York-Simcoe (EAAAHL)
3. Philip McRae – C/RW – 6’0/154 – United States – USNDP (USA)
14. Matt Bosela – RW – 5’10/149 – Canada – Toronto R (GTHL)

ISS 2006 WHL Preliminary Draft Top 3
1. Kelvin Wah – G – 6’0/167 – Canada – Richmond (PCAHA)
2. Michael Hawk – LW – 5’9/156 – Canada – Vancouver I (PCAHA)
3. Andrew James – C – 5’7/145 – Canada – Grande Prairie (ABAAAHL)
4. Mike Tokunaga – C – 5’9/165 – Canada – Knight of Columbus (ABAAAHL)
8. Graeme Dickson – LW – 5’6/127 – Canada – CAC (ABAAAHL)
18. Travis Elkin – RW – 6’0/178 – Canada – Sherwood Park (ABAAAHL)
27. Pete Guay – LW – 5’7/136 – Canada – Lethbridge (ABAAAHL)
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #22
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Good start Duff!
Old 01-15-2006, 03:36 PM   #23
duff88
College Prospect

Mid-season update

First, note that until 2010, and we'll see afterwards, there will be four updates every season except special ones. There will be a pre-season update, a short mid-season update, a post-season update and a "Year in review" update. The special updates will be focused on some players, but I hope you guys still read other player's updates because it sometimes contain useful information of the hockey world.

Dylan Airhart
Airhart suffered a groin injury on October 27th 2005 that made him miss two months.

Graeme Dickson
Dickson suffered a minor ribs injury on Nobember 25th 2005 that made him miss two weeks.

Vincenzo Hunter
Hunter suffered a minor thigh injury on October 24th that made him miss two weeks.

Rand Kaberle
Rand suffered a hip flexor strain in late December that will have him out for around two month.

ISS 2006 NHL Mid-Season Draft Top 15
1. Michael Frolik – RW – 6’0/174 – Czech Republic – Kladno (CZE)
2. Phil Kessel – C/RW – 6’0/187 – United States – Minnesota (NCAA)
3. Bryan Little – C – 5’11/183 – Canada – Barrie (OHL)
4. Peter Mueller – C/LW – 6’2/198 – United States – Everett (WHL)
5. Jordan Staal – C/LW – 6’4/198 – Canada – Peterborough (OHL)
6. Ben Shutron – RD – 6’1/185 – Canada – Kingston (OHL)
7. David Kveton – RW/C – 5’10/163 – Czech Republic – Vsetin (CZE)
8. James Sheppard – LW – 6’2/198 – Canada – Cape Breton (QMJHL)
9. Nick Foligno – C/LW – 6’0/191 – United States – Sudbury (OHL)
10. Derrick Brassard – C – 6’0/171 – Canada – Drummondville (QMJHL)
11. Anton Skorykh – RW/C – 6’4/187 – Russia – Prince-Edward Island (QMJHL)
12. Jonathan Toews – C/LW – 6’1/180 – Canada – North Dakota (NCAA)
13. Jesse Joensuu – LW – 6’3/191 – Finland - Ässät (FIN)
14. Ben Maxwell – C – 6’0/165 – Canada – Prince George (WHL)
15. Aleksandr Vasyunov – RW – 6’1/185 – Russia – Lokomotiv (RUS)

ISS 2006 QMJHL Mid-Season Draft Top 3
1. Derek Pallis – LD/RD – 6’2/171 – United States – St. Félicien (QJAAA)
2. Kale Perry – LD – 6’3/216 – Canada – Cornwall (CJHL)
3. Kelsey Tessier – LW/RW – 5’8/145 – Canada – (NBPEIMAAAHL)
8. Nicolas Fillion – G – 5’3/127 – Canada – Jonquière (QMAAAHL)
10. Jordan Stangle – LD – 6’1/183 – Canada – Charles-Lemoyne (QMAAAHL)

ISS 2006 OHL Mid-Season Draft Top 3
2. James Livingston – C – 6’1/191 – Canada – York-Simcoe (EAAAHL)
3. Philip McRae – C/RW – 6’0/154 – United States – USNDP (USA)
14. Matt Bosela – RW – 5’10/149 – Canada – Toronto R (GTHL)

ISS 2006 WHL Mid-Season Draft Top 3
3. Andrew James – C – 5’7/145 – Canada – Grande Prairie (ABAAAHL)
4. Mike Tokunaga – C – 5’9/165 – Canada – Knight of Columbus (ABAAAHL)
5. Graeme Dickson – LW – 5’6/127 – Canada – CAC (ABAAAHL)
10. Travis Elkin – RW – 6’0/178 – Canada – Sherwood Park (ABAAAHL)
38. Pete Guay – LW – 5’7/136 – Canada – Lethbridge (ABAAAHL)
Old 01-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #24
Blade
College Prospect

Great start so far!

Question for you...how are you setting up the players? Are you using a pre-game editor of some sort and adding some 14 year olds?

Old 01-15-2006, 07:48 PM   #25
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Great start so far!

Question for you...how are you setting up the players? Are you using a pre-game editor of some sort and adding some 14 year olds?

I take useless players in the database; players who will likely retire around 20 and who play in the same league as the player I want to add, and completely edit them into the player I want with Eastside UK Editor 2005.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #26
duff88
College Prospect

2005-2006 Post-Season Update

Dylan Airhart
Airhart finished his first season with Shattuck-St. Mary’s with 29 goals and 40 assists for 69 points in 43 games. Airhart played mostly on the second line as well as second power play and penalty killing units through the year, playing mainly with center Pat Rogan and left winger Christoph Gaspari. Airhart recovered well from his groin strain early in the year as he scored his 69 points in his last 38 games after being held pointless in his 5 first games.

Matt Bosela
Even if Bosela had a very good year, it was a bit disappointing for him to see that he fell from 14th to 22nd in the OHL Draft Rankings, now being expected to fall to the second round of the draft. It’s difficult to understand what made him fall so far as he had a wonderful season with the Red Wings as he had more points alone than his two linemates, Ethan Suasolo and Casey Savage, combined. The fall was probably due to the fact his team got eliminated in four playoff games as Bosela couldn’t play due to a chest injury suffered in practice a few days before the start of the playoffs that had him out for five weeks. Bosela can still be proud though as he scored 38 goals and 54 assists for 92 points in 50 regular season games and should still be a top 30 pick in the OHL Draft.

Mathieu Cloutier
Cloutier probably won’t get drafted in the QMJHL draft in June, and he knows it well. Having grown a few inches to get him at 5’8/138, the left winger still had an excellent year with Cap Madeleine as he scored 34 goals and 42 assists for 76 points in 50 games, better than his linemate Patrick Gélinas who should still be a late round pick, but scouts must not like his average skating and lack of hockey sense cause none of them seemed interested in him. Cloutier still hasn’t decided what he’ll do with his career now, but don’t be too surprised if he proves scouts wrong and gets another good year to finally be looked at in the 2007 QMJHL draft!

Graeme Dickson
Dickson had an excellent year on a really poor team as he scored 27 goals and 52 points in 41 games. Dickson missed nine games during the season because of bruised ribs in late November and an olecranon bursitis in March. Dickson should be a top 10 pick in the 2006 WHL Draft, he’s then expected to play Midget hockey before moving on to play in the WHL.

Travis Elkin
Elkin had a good enough year in Sherwood Park to guaranty that he’ll be picked in the top 10 of the 2006 WHL Draft. Playing on a weak Flyers team, Elkin scored 35 goals and 32 assists for 67 points in 45 games, also missing a few weeks with a neck strain during the season.

Nicolas Fillion
Fillion had an awesome year with Jonquière as he won 36 games and had a 0.942 save percentage. Ranked in the top 10 for the QMJHL Draft, rumours say that teams could let him slip past the top 20 because they fear his style, relying mainly on reflexes because of his small 5’3/127 stature even if he has good technical skills, is too much of a risk.

Christoph Gaspari
Gaspari scored 17 goals and 56 points in 60 games this year with Shattuck-St. Mary’s on the team’s second line with Dylan Airhart and Pat Rogan. Although he didn’t see much power play time, Gaspari was a key part of St. Mary’s penalty killing and a clutch player at the end of the game with three game winning goals.

Pete Guay
Guay, even if he had a good year with 20 goals and 55 points in 50 games with Lethbridge in Bantam hockey, did nothing to raise his value as scouts noticed his glaring weaknesses, mainly his lack of strength and inconsistency, and also noted that he didn’t improve much during the year. Guay should still be drafted in the 2006 WHL Draft, but it is questionable if he’ll be a high or low pick as it will all depend on what night the scouts watched him.

Michael Hawk
Could surprise be the word? It seems like Hawk decided to mature a bit and didn’t get any troubles this year as he led the Vancouver Invasion to the championship with his 38 goals and 75 points in 50 regular season games. Hawk could be a top 3 pick in the draft and could, depending of a complex situation where the three bottom teams have three different players at the top of their list, even be the first overall pick.

Vincenzo Hunter
Impressive you say? Hunter, who played on a weak Long Island Gulls where he was the only good player, scored 62 goals in 48 games good for the lead in the entire league. His 82 points placed him in 5th place. Hunter, unless a trade surprisingly happens, should be the first overall pick of the USHL Draft by the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders.

Logan Jaffe
Jaffe really improved this season with the Midget Devils as he scored 69 points in 50 games as well as being named the Under-16 two-way player of the year. Jaffe should be picked in the next NAHL Draft to play in the league for the next two years.

Andrew James
I don’t think James could have wished for a better season than the one he had with Grande Prairies as he scored 39 goals and 91 points in 48 games with the Storm. It’s still unsure where he’ll be drafted though as rumors say some teams have him as high as #1 while others have him out of the top 10!

Rand Kaberle
83 points in 40 games, is that ever impressive for a defenseman thought to be a defensive-only type? Well Kaberle showed that he had an offensive game, although the Midget level is not really a big indicator, as he scored 9 goals and 74 assists with the Marlboros. His size is still a big concern though as he didn’t grow up at all and even got injured two months with a hip flexor strain. This highly offensive season and the O scouts all wanting him to review his choice still wasn’t enough for Kaberle to change his mind as he still hopes to play US Colleges.

Jeff Riddle
Riddle didn’t do much to get noticed by scouts this year as he scored a lowly 11 goals and 31 points in 50 games with Belle Tire. Still hoping to play in the NCAA, Riddle will have to get better production if he wants to be able to pursue his hockey dream. Riddle still doesn’t know if he’ll even be drafted in one of the American junior leagues, the USHL or the NAHL.

Jordan Stangle
Only getting 12 assists in 50 games didn’t lower Stangle’s value at all in Q scouts’ mind. The defenseman who played for College Charles-Lemoyne still showed a lot of skills and determination; all he’ll need is a good coach to mix all that to get you a great hockey player.

Hans Svensson
Leading the Swedish juniors in +/-, shots blocked and hits had scouts from all over the world come to watch the huge Swedish physical defenseman, a style of player pretty rare in the Scandinavian country. Svensson scored 3 goals and 36 points in 39 games, and after politely declining any offers to even discuss about coming over to North-America in the CHL or US Colleges, Svensson was bought by Västrä Frölunda and could possibly be their 8th defenseman next year.

Mike Tokunaga
118 points with the Knights of Columbus Squires was really impressive for Tokunaga. Ranked in the top 3 for the WHL Draft and even number one on some lists, Tokunaga is expected to become a goal scoring machine in the Dub for whatever team drafts him.

Alex Tousignant
If Tousignant was second only to Thomas de la Fleur in the 2008 Draft first overall race, he now is alone in first position after a record breaking season in the EJHL: As one of the youngest players in the league, Tousignant scored 53 goals and 172 points, leading the league by more than 60 points!

Kevin Wah
Without much surprise, Wah had an excellent year with Richmond as he only lost 10 of his 50 games with a goals against average of 2.07 and a save percentage of 93,9%. Wah is among the top 3 players eligible for the WHL Draft and he could go number one depending on which team holds the top pick.

Danny Wilson
Wilson had a good year with Belle Tire and finally got noticed. Scoring 33 points in 50 games was enough for Wilson to be named as one of the top players who will be drafted in the 2006 NAHL Draft, a junior league for which he’ll be playing during the next two years before playing in US Colleges.

Thomas de la Fleur
The young forward had a disappointing year with Sudbury as he had “only” 24 goals and 26 assists for 50 points in 50 games. Still considered as one of the top prospects in the OHL Draft, he should go first overall unless there’s a major surprise.

ISS 2006 NHL Mid-Season Draft Top 15
1. Michael Frolik – RW – 6’0/174 – Czech Republic – Kladno (CZE)
2. Peter Mueller – C/LW – 6’2/198 – United States – Everett (WHL)
3. Phil Kessel – C/RW – 6’0/187 – United States – Minnesota (NCAA)
4. Bryan Little – C – 5’11/183 – Canada – Barrie (OHL)
5. Jordan Staal – C/LW – 6’4/198 – Canada – Peterborough (OHL)
6. Ben Shutron – RD – 6’1/185 – Canada – Kingston (OHL)
7. James Sheppard – LW – 6’2/198 – Canada – Cape Breton (QMJHL)
8. Ben Maxwell – C – 6’0/165 – Canada – Prince George (WHL)
9. Nick Foligno – C/LW – 6’0/191 – United States – Sudbury (OHL)
10. David Kveton – RW/C – 5’10/163 – Czech Republic – Vsetin (CZE)
11. Derrick Brassard – C – 6’0/171 – Canada – Drummondville (QMJHL)
12. Jonathan Toews – C/LW – 6’1/180 – Canada – North Dakota (NCAA)
13. Jesse Joensuu – LW – 6’3/191 – Finland - Ässät (FIN)
14. Cory Emmerton – LW/C – 6’0/191 – Canada – Kingston (OHL)
15. Nathan Martine – LD – 6’1/207 – Canada – London (OHL)

ISS 2006 QMJHL Mid-Season Draft Top 3
1. Derek Pallis – LD/RD – 6’2/171 – United States – St. Félicien (QJAAA)
2. Michael Biega – LW/C – 5’11/178 – Canada – St. Félicien (QJAAA)
3. Kale Perry – LD – 6’3/216 – Canada – Cornwall (CJHL)
7. Nicolas Fillion – G – 5’3/127 – Canada – Jonquière (QMAAAHL)
11. Jordan Stangle – LD – 6’1/183 – Canada – Charles-Lemoyne (QMAAAHL)

ISS 2006 OHL Mid-Season Draft Top 3
2. Jeff Verreult – C/LW – 5’10/165 – Canada – Rayside (GNML)
3. James Livingston – C – 6’1/191 – Canada – York-Simcoe (EAAAHL)
22. Matt Bosela – RW – 5’10/149 – Canada – Toronto R (GTHL)

ISS 2006 WHL Mid-Season Draft Top 3
3. Mike Tokunaga – C – 5’9/165 – Canada – Knight of Columbus (ABAAAHL)
4. Andrew James – C – 5’7/145 – Canada – Grande Prairie (ABAAAHL)
5. Graeme Dickson – LW – 5’6/127 – Canada – CAC (ABAAAHL)
8. Travis Elkin – RW – 6’0/178 – Canada – Sherwood Park (ABAAAHL)
52. Pete Guay – LW – 5’7/136 – Canada – Lethbridge (ABAAAHL)
Old 01-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #27
duff88
College Prospect

What a hockey year this was in 2005-2006 !

After a lockout that cancelled the 2004-2005 NHL Season, the league came back strong in 2005-2006 with an exciting offensive game.

Led by rookie star Sidney Crosby who scored 33 goals and 56 assists for 89 points and who won the Calder, the Pittsburgh Penguins had a 55 wins season that got them the President trophy.

Joe Sakic, future hall-of-famer and captain of the Colorado Avalanche, finally got his first Art Ross Trophy for leading the league in points after scoring 49 goals and 75 assists for Colorado, also winning the Hart:

Art Ross trophy (Most regular season points): Joe Sakic [COL] (49-75-124 in 82 games)
Rocket Richard trophy (Most regular season goals): Martin St. Louis [TB] (59 goals in 77 games)
Hart trophy (Most valuable player): Joe Sakic [COL] (49-75-124 in 82 games)
Calder trophy (Rookie of the year): Sidney Crosby [PIT] (36-53-89 in 82 games)
Selke trophy (Best defensive forward): Jere Lehtinen [DAL] (77 points and +43 in 79 games)
Norris trophy (Best defenseman): Ed Jovanovski [VAN] (80 points and +28 in 82 games)
Vezina trophy (Best goaltender): David Aebischer [COL] (44 wins, 2,46GAA and 91.6% in 70 games)
Adams award (Best coach): Jacques Martin [FLO] (Unexpectedly led the Panthers to a division championship)
Masterton trophy (Perseverance and dedication): Shane Doan [PHO-NYR]
King Clancy trophy (Leadership and humanitarian contribution): Sidney Crosby [PIT]
Lady Byng trophy (Most gentlemanly conduct): Alex Tanguay [COL] (65PIM)

Markus Näslund [VAN] (51-71-122) – Joe Sakic [COL] (49-75-124) – Martin St. Louis [TB] (59-49-108)
Ed Jovanovski [VAN] (24-56-80) – Chris Pronger [EDM] (9-41-50)
David Aebischer [COL] (2,46-91.6%)

Simon Gagné [PHI] (51-66-117) – Alex Tanguay [COL] (45-71-116) – Peter Forsberg [PHI] (38-68-106)
Bryan McCabe [TOR] (24-52-76) – Brian Rafalski [NJ] (17-50-67)
Miikka Kiprusoff [CGY] (2,13-92.4%)

Petr Prucha [NYR] (25-30-55) – Sidney Crosby [PIT] (36-53-89) – Alexander Ovechkin [WAS] (31-27-58]
Ryan Whitney [PIT-BOS] (7-30-37) – Dion Phaneuf [CGY] (3-17-20)
Henrik Lundqvist [NYR] (2,63-91.3%)

The season was punctuated with a lot of trades:
-Scott Hannan to the Rangers for Al Montoya
-Pierre-Marc Bouchard to Washington for Brendan Witt
-Ladislav Nagy to the Blackhawks for Tyler Arnason
-Brad Stuart to Pittsburgh for Ryan Stone and Ryan Whitney
-Patrick Marleau to Anaheim for Ryan Getzlaf, Joffrey Lupul and a first round pick
-Patrick O’Sullivan to Columbus for Adam Foote
-Derek Morris to Edmonton for Marc-Antoine Pouliot, Danny Syvret and a second rounc pick
-Rostislav Olesz to Buffalo for Teppo Numminen
-Lauri Tukonen to Phoenix for Paul Mara
-David Vyborny to Minnesota for Roman Voloshenko

Among others, there were:
-Andrew Raycroft, Alexander Steen and Ryan Suter to Carolina
-Dwayne Roloson to Boston
-Jason Smith and Keith Carney to Pittsburgh
-Carlo Colaiacovo to Washington
-Dan Hamhuis to Edmonton
-Steve Bernier and Michal Handzus to Anaheim
-Nick Boynton to Columbus
-Dallas Drake to Philadelphia
-Oleg Tverdovsky to San Jose
-Bryan Berard to Nashville

Before talking about the NHL Playoffs, let’s see what happened elsewhere in the hockey world. In the World Junior Championships, Russia beat Canada 4-3 in the finals to win the gold medal. USA won the bronze with a 4-2 win over Sweden. The tournament’s MVP was Evgeni Malkin while the all-star team was:

Evgeni Malkin [RUS] (3-7-10) – Robbie Schremp [USA] (2-10-12) – Sergei Shirokov [RUS] (9-2-11)
Igor Nikitin [RUS] (1-7-8) – Ryan Wilson [CAN] (1-6-7)
Aleksandr Tryanichev [RUS] (1,60-93.6%)

The Olympic tournament was as exciting with Canada coming out as champions with a 5-2 finals win over Czech Republic. USA won the bronze medal 7-2 against Slovakia. The tournament’s best forward was Sidney Crosby with 12 points including two goals and the game winner in the finals, the best defenseman was Joni Pitkänen with 5 goals and 8 points and the best goaltender was Roberto Luongo, who could also be named MVP, with an unbelievable 0,88 goals against average and 95.4 save percentage.

The Ottawa 67’s won the Memorial Cup with a 2-1 victory against Kootenay. Moncton, the host, finished third while Prince-Edward Island, the QMJHL Champions, finished last in the tournament. The CHL All-Star teams consisted of:

Roman Wick [RD] (67-59-126) – Robbie Schremp [LON] (43-68-111) – Kendall McArdle [MJ] (53-55-108)
Ryan Wilson [SM] (37-37-74) – Keith Yandle [MON] (27-42-69)
Justin Pogge [CGY] (2,46-91.8%)

Finally, the Toronto Marlies won the Calder Cup in the AHL by defeating the Hershey Bears.

Now, on to the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

After acquiring Patrick Marleau on January 31st, the 10th place Anaheim Mighty Ducks were able to finish with a 16-11-1 sequence and take the 8th playoff spot in the West, barely beating the Oilers by 3 points. They then surprised the Canucks, the Stars and the Flames up to the Finals where they were able to beat the regular season champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins, to win the Stanley Cup. Patrick Marleau, who was the key part to reaching the playoffs, won the Conn Smythe for Playoff MVP by scoring 31 points in 24 games. See the playoff results here.

On June 15th, the NHL announced that the new "Form-fitting" jerseys would never see the day and that the new models of jerseys would look similar to the old ones. Although the change was less dramatic than expected, a few teams still decided to announce new colors:
-The Washington Capitals are going back to their old red, blue and white jersey with the old "Capitals" logo.
-The Buffalo Sabres are going back to their old colors and logo with a more modern look.
-The Vancouver Canucks are going back to their old blue, green and white jerseys with the hockey stick as the logo.

Here are the results for the drafts in different leagues across North-America:

2006 NHL Draft
2006 QMJHL Draft
2006 OHL Draft
2006 WHL Draft
2006 NAHL Draft
2006 USHL Draft

Here are the trades that happened up to September 1st:
-Ladislav Smid to Chicago for Jassen Cullimor & Jakub Sindel
-Brian Rolston to Toronto for Karey Pieper & Phil Oreskovic
-Alexei Yashin to Washington for a 7th round pick in 2007
-Adrian Aucoin and René Bourque to Edmonton for a 1st round pick in 2007
-Kyle McLaren to Colorado for Dustin Butler
-Chris Phillips to the New York Islanders for a 3rd round pick in 2007
-Oleg Tverdovsky to Buffalo for 4th round picks in 2007 and 2008 and a 5th round pick in 2007.
-Steve Ott to Chicago for a 3rd round pick in 2007 and a 4th round pick in 2008
-Loui Eriksson to Phoenix for Jamie Lundmark and a 4th round pick in 2007
-Martin Biron to Boston for a 2nd round pick in 2007

Here are the notable free-agent signings that happened up to September 1st:
Anaheim Mighty Ducks: Manny Legace
Atlanta Thrashers: None
Boston Bruins: Aki Bert, Jamie Langenbrunner, Matt Bradley
Buffalo Sabres: Brent Johnson
Calgary Flames: Brad Richards, Steve Rucchin, Jaroslav Spacek
Carolina Hurricanes: Denis Gauthier, Sven Butenschön
Chicago Blackhawks: Chris Dingman, Michal Rozsival, Daniel Tjärnqvist, Willie Mitchell, Aaron Ward
Colorado Avalanche: Jiri Slegr, Evgeni Nabokov, Sergei Brylin, Andreas Lilja
Columbus Blue Jackets: Jamie Storr
Dallas Stars: Colin White, Andy Delmore
Detroit Red Wings: Shawn Bates, Martin Straka
Edmonton Oilers: Donald Brashear, Sean Hill, Hal Gill
Florida Panthers: Simon Gagné, Mike Dunham, Saku Koivu, Philippe Boucher
Los Angeles Kings: Stephane Yelle, David Aebischer, Darren Langdon, Jeff Friesen, Viktor Kozlov
Minnesota Wild: Manny Malhotra, Ossi Väänänen, Ryan Miller, Nik Antropov, Danil Markov
Montreal Canadiens: Brendan Shanahan, Jamie Heward, Chris Ferraro
Nashville Predators: Curtis Sanford
New Jersey Devils: Bob Boughner, Tie Domi, Sergei Samsonov, Derek Morris, Mike Sillinger
New York Islanders: Greg Johnson, Steve Reinprecht
New York Rangers: Ed Jovanovski, Bret Hedican, Pavel Kubina, Brendan Witt, Yann Danis
Ottawa Senators: Brian Rafalski
Philadelphia Flyers: Geoff Sanderson, Andrei Nazarov
Phoenix Coyotes: Tom Poti, Marty Reasoner, David Vyborny, Jay McKee, Maxime Ouellet
Pittsburgh Penguins: Andrew Cassels, Olli Jokinen, Niclas Hävelid
San Jose Sharks: Mark Parrish, Brian Boucher, Stephane Robidas, Ruslan Salei, Steve Bégin, Karlis Skrastins
St. Louis Blues: Jan Bulis, Rico Fata, Martin Gerber, Valeri Bure
Tampa Bay Lightning: Dick Tärnström, Daymond Langkow, Marc Denis, Todd Simpson, Aaron Asham
Toronto Maple Leafs: Stu Barnes, Krzysztof Oliwa, Patrick Lalime
Vancouver Canucks: John Grahame
Washington Capitals: Eric Boulton, Eric Lindros, Radek Martinek, Filip Kuba

Here are the notable players who are still unsigned: Alex Tanguay, Jeremy Roenick, Jason Allison, Nils Ekman, Anson Carter, Brian Savage, Radek Dvorak, Jan Hrdina, Mariusz Czerkawski, Jason Wiemer, Dean McAmmond, Igor Ulanov, Vaclav Varada, John LeClair, Per-Johan Axelsson, Mike Ricci, Peter Schaefer, Eric Belanger, Alexandre Daigle, Claude Lapointe, Trevor Letowski, Niklas Sundström, Wes Walz, Dallas Drake, Trevor Linden, Cristobal Huet, Chris Gratton, Erik Rasmussen, Kevyn Adams, Mike LeClerc, Scott Young, Jay Pandolfo, Trent Whitfield, Ilya Byzgalov, Ari Ahonen, Chad Kilger, Mathieu Biron & Antti Laaksonen.

Meanwhile, the following players are notable NHL UFAs who signed to play in Europe or other north-american professional leagues: Roman Cechmanek, Pavel Trnka, Dan Hintoe, Rem Murray, Lubos Bartecko, Denis Arkhipov, Evgeny Korolev, Darby Hendrickson, Mikael Renberg, Theoren Fleury, Craig Adams, Jon Sim, Frantisek Kucera, Craig Johnson, Eric Cairns, Roman Turek, Mike Keane, Vladimir Orszagh, Dmitry Yushkevich, Brian Holzinger, Milan Hnilicka, Marty Murray, Kevyn Adams, Chris Simon, Bill Muckalt, Donald Audette, Vitali Yachmenev, Ivan Majesky, Andrei Nikolishin, David Ling, Bryan Helmer, Chris Tamer, Scott Thornton, Hnat Domenichelli, Aaron Gavey, Karl Dykhuis, Jamie Pushor, Trevor Kidd, Petr Schastlivy, Eric Boguniecki, Joel Bouchard, Ian Moran & Kenny Jönsson.

Last edited by duff88 : 01-18-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #28
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Logan Jaffe
Jaffe really improved this season with the Midget Devils as he scored 69 points in 50 games as well as being named the Under-16 two-way player of the year. Jaffe should be picked in the next NAHL Draft to play in the league for the next two years.

Good start! Only problem, of course, is that I'm on the friggin Devils.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:04 AM   #29
Blade
College Prospect

Great update! This is a lot of fun...I will be anxiously awaiting the next update!!!

Old 01-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #30
duff88
College Prospect

Dylan Airhart
Airhart, after his excellent first year with Shattuck-St. Mary’s, hopes to come back with an injury-free season where he could develop his game even more and hopefully gather interest among NHL scouts for the 2009 Draft. Airhart will likely get a more defensive role this year with St. Mary’s.

Matt Bosela
After being drafted 23rd overall in 2006 by the Sarnia Sting, Bosela, who will wear #19 and likely be used on either the second or third line, hopes to help the Sting get a better record than their 27-39-2 of last year. It will be a tough task for Sarnia to make it to the playoffs as their offence will be brought mainly by only two players: Daniel Lombardi and Tomas Pospisil.

Mathieu Cloutier
Now playing with the Moncton Gagnon Beavers of the Maritime Junior A Hockey League, Cloutier will try to develop as much his game as possible in order to get drafted in the 2007 QMJHL Draft after being forgotten in the 2006 Draft. Cloutier won’t get a ton of ice time with the Beavers so he’ll need to work hard if he hopes to get noticed.

Graeme Dickson
Now moved up to play for CAC in midgets, Dickson, who was the WHL 2006 Draft 6th overall pick by Moose Jaw and who should join them next year, should be one of the top players to look for in Alberta midget hockey. He’ll have to play on a weak team though as only two other players were drafted in the WHL: Russell Melnychuk (57th by Portland) and Evan Ference (210th by Calgary).

Travis Elkin
After being drafted 4th overall by Prince George in the 2006 WHL Draft, Elkin will now play for Sherwood Park in Midget hockey in Alberta. Elkin is expected to be one of the best players for the Kings, expect to see him have a good year with Sherwood Park before moving on to play for Prince George next year.

Nicolas Fillion
Even if he was drafted later than expected in the 2006 QMJHL Draft, Fillion, who will wear #1 with Baie-Comeau, should be the backup goaltender for Michael Dupont with the Drakkars who should be one of the best teams in the league.

Christoph Gaspari
Gaspari, who will likely play with Pat Rogan and Tyler Ruegsegger on Shattuck St. Mary’s first line, is expected to have a wonderful offensive year in order to get recruited in a good American college.

Pete Guay
After being a sixth round pick, Guay is expected to have a breakout year with Lethbridge in Alberta Midgets. If he does have a successful year, don’t be surprised if he’s able to get a spot with the Tri-City Americans of the WHL next year.

Michael Hawk
The big question is always the same with Mike Hawk. It’s not about his development, it’s not about his contribution to his team, it’s about wether or not he’ll be able to keep himself out of trouble. WHL’s first overall pick in 2006 by Regina, will play for Sicamous in the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League and should join the Pats next year.

Vincenzo Hunter
If Cedar Rapids drafted him first overall of the 2006 USHL Draft, it’s because Hunter will play a major role in the team’s future. Expected to play with the RoughRiders for the next two seasons, he’s also expected to be the team’s best player as soon as this year.

Logan Jaffe
After finishing pretty low last year, enough to be able to draft Jaffe 3rd overall, the Fairbanks Ice Dogs should be one of the top teams in the NAHL this season. Jaffe is expected to play a major role in the team’s success during his two years with them before he heads to US Colleges.

Andrew James
Now a member of Grande Prairie of the Rural Alberta Midget AAA Hockey League, it was a deception for James to get drafted as low as #8 in the 2006 WHL Draft, but it was a consolation to hear that the Thunderbirds actually had him #1 on their draft list. If everything goes well, James will score above 100 points with the Storm before joining Seattle.

Rand Kaberle
It was no surprise to see Kaberle passed in the 2006 OHL Draft as he had said to every team not to waste a pick on him as he wanted to play US College hockey. This year, Kaberle will play for the Orleans Blues in the Central Junior A Hockey League and, even if Kaberle had a wonderful offensive year in Midgets, you can’t expect him to have such an offensive role with the Blues and he will likely limit himself to a defensive role.

Jeff Riddle
The first overall pick of the last USHL Draft by Billings won’t be really able to prove his worthiness this year with one of the weakest teams the USHL has ever seen in its history. With only one other notable player on their team in Joey Alvin, a Colgate recruit, Billings aren’t expected to win a lot of games and Riddle will likely have to score goals all by himself so an average of one points per game would be excellent in his situation.

Jordan Stangle
Stangle, who was drafted 7th overall in the 2006 QMJHL Draft, will likely be a second pairing defenseman for Val d’Or. The Foreurs’ #44 can expect to score around 20 points this year and hope to lead his weak team to a playoff spot.

Hans Svensson
Now playing for one of the top junior teams in Sweden, Frölunda Jrs, Svensson will need to have a wonderful year in Sweden if he hopes to get drafted in the 2007 NHL Draft as, right now, he would likely be passed over. The big defenseman will need to show his great defensive and physical skills if he wants an NHL team to show interest.

Mike Tokunaga
After his 118 points year with the Knights of Columbus Squires last year, Tokunaga was drafted 2nd overall by Spokane in the 2006 WHL Draft and will now play for SSAC in Midgets before moving on to play for the Chiefs for the 2007-2008 season.

Alex Tousignant
Scouts worry that Tousignant might be wasting his time right now… Playing for the Boston Harbor Wolves in the EJHL as one of the youngest players in the league, Tousignant scored 172 points; can you even imagine how many he’ll score now that he’s one year older? Tousignant will also be one of the most recruited players in the NCAA.

Kelvin Wah
Wah decided to move to Cowichan Valley to play for the Midget Capitals, a weak team that should have him tested every nights with well above thirty shots in average. After this development year in BC Midgets, Wah will probably move to Lethbridge to play for the Hurricanes who drafted him 3rd overall in the 2006 WHL Draft.

Danny Wilson
Wilson raised his stock last year with Belle Tire, enough to be drafted 5th overall in the 2006 NAHL Draft, but it’s this year that will be a determining one in Wilson’s future. He’ll need to have impact both offensively and defensively for the Ice Diggers in order to gather attention from the scouts all-around the NHL.

Thomas de la Fleur
It was an interesting story during the draft. Belleville, who held the first overall pick, tried to trade with Windsor, who held the second overall pick, because they were interested in the top two players available: Thomas de la Fleur and Jeff Verreult. Unable to deal before the draft, Belleville drafted Verreult first overall while Windsor drafted de la Fleur second while continuing the discussion to trade him to Belleville. Finally, a month after the draft, de la Fleur was traded to the Belleville Bulls for two good players and a draft pick. Tim Stewart, the Bulls’ head coach, said that he’ll bring de la Fleur slowly along and he’ll need to earn his spot if he wants good ice time.

ISS 2007 NHL Preliminary Draft Top 15
1. Angelo Esposito – C/LW – 6’2/183 – Canada – Quebec (QMJHL)
2. Zach Hamill – C – 6’0/160 – Canada – Everett (WHL)
3. Matt Kang – C – 6’0/180 – Canada – Peterborough (OHL)
4. Brandon Sutter – RW/C – 6’2/176 – Canada – Kelowna (WHL)
5. Alex Grant – D – 6’0/176 – Canada – Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)
6. Michal Repik – C – 5’10/165 – Czech Republic – Vancouver (WHL)
7. Brett MacLean – RW – 6’0/198 – Canada – Kingston (OHL)
8. Matt Smyth – RW/C – 5’10/178 – USA – Oshawa (OHL)
9. James O’Brien – C/RW – 6’2/178 – USA – USNDP (USA)
10. John Negrin – D – 6’2/185 – Canada – Prince George (WHL)
11. Keaton Ellerby – D – 6’3/169 – Canada – Brandon (WHL)
12. Brent Bruneteau – LW/RW – 6’0/185 – USA – Prince Albert (WHL)
13. Thomas Hickey – D – 6’0/178 – Canada – Prince George (WHL)
14. Mike Neal – LW/C – 6’4/196 – Canada – Mississauga (OHL)
15. Bryan Cameron – C – 6’2/183 – Canada – Oshawa (OHL)
x. Hans Svensson – D – 6’5/205 – Sweden – Frölunda (SWE)
Old 01-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #31
Logan
Head Coach

Excellent. Still following and eagerly awaiting updates.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #32
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Excellent. Still following and eagerly awaiting updates.

Me too! Loving it!

Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #33
duff88
College Prospect

Matt Bosela
After a start of season where Bosela averaged below 11 minutes a game in the first 7 games, Bosela fractured his left ankle and had to miss a month. Since coming back from his injury, he has gone on a cold streak and his ice time isn’t ready to get higher.

Mathieu Cloutier
So far he isn’t scoring a tons of points in the Maritime Junior A league, but he’s showing great skills and it would be surprising if he didn’t get drafted as an overager in the 2007 QMJHL Draft.

Travis Elkin
Elkin has had to play with an anterior knee pain for most of the season so far until December when the physios decided that it was enough and forced him to stop playing for at least a month. Might be a bit late though as Elkin has no points in 20 games so far in the season; he was barely even able to skate. Elkin will come back in the next few days and now hopes to be able to come back to full form.

Christoph Gaspari
Gaspari will commit to a college to play next year, but few good universities have made offers. Right now, Lake Superior, Michigan Tech, Merrimack and Clarkson seems to be the most interested.

Vincenzo Hunter

He’s still got a long way to go before his NCAA commitment, but right now Michigan State and Colorado College are among the front runners; Brown is probably the school showing the most interest though.

Logan Jaffe

It will be a tough choice for Jaffe as a lot of schools have showed interest. The top four is probably, in no order, Western Michigan, Bowling Green, Ohio State and Minnesota-Duluth but with such a long way to go a few other schools might make their way into the list.

Andrew James

He’s having an excellent season, but he missed a few days with a thigh contusion in late November.

Rand Kaberle
If the choice would be today, Kaberle would probably choose between Colorado College and Dartmouth. It’s a long way to go though and other teams might join this list.

Jeff Riddle
Riddle doesn’t seem to worry about his NCAA commitment right now as he’s still a year away from joining US Colleges, but right now the schools with the most interest are probably Maine and New Hampshire.

Hans Svensson
Has raised his stock for the 2007 NHL Draft with excellent play for Frölunda Jrs; according to a lot of publications he’s the second Swedish prospect available for the draft; only behind Fredrik Lind.

Alex Tousignant
He’s destroying the league right now, but he’s not considered as a definite first overall pick for the 2008 Draft who doesn’t have a real top player: Swedish defenseman Andreas Forsmans, Czech goalie Milan Sykora and forward Miroslav Hradecky, Finnish winger Henri Ahonen, Russian forward Oleg Rybin and Canadian forwards Thomas de la Fleur, Jeff Verreult and Keven-Guérette Charland will also be in the running with Tousignant. In other news, rumours say Tousignant is being heavily recruited by many major colleges: Michigan, North Dakota, Minnesota, Denver, Boston College and Ohio State are interested, but Michigan State and Wisconsin seem to be at the top of his list right now.

Danny Wilson
Wilson, as well as being a good enough hockey player to play in US Colleges, is an intelligent and ambitious kid with excellent academic success. Right now, it looks like he’ll commit to Harvard, but it’s said that the Michigan Wolverines wants him really badly.

Thomas de la Fleur
He’s started the season pretty slow as he only averaged 6 minutes of play. After only scoring 4 points in his 25 game out of 36 by his team, those eleven games being healthy scratches, de la Fleur has played the last three games on the first line with John Hughes and Keaton Turkiewicz because Jiri Tlusty was at the World Junior Championships. In these three games, de la Fleur was the first star once and scored four goals and four assists.

ISS 2007 NHL Midseason Draft Top 15
3. James O’Brien – C/RW – 6’2/178 – USA – USNDP (USA)
4. Mike Neal – LW/C – 6’4/196 – Canada – Mississauga (OHL)
5. Alex Grant – D – 6’0/176 – Canada – Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)
6. John Negrin – D – 6’2/185 – Canada – Prince George (WHL)
7. Matt Kang – C – 6’0/180 – Canada – Peterborough (OHL)
8. Brandon Sutter – RW/C – 6’2/176 – Canada – Kelowna (WHL)
9. Brent Bruneteau – LW/RW – 6’0/185 – USA – Prince Albert (WHL)
10. Matt Smyth – RW/C – 5’10/178 – USA – Oshawa (OHL)
11. Bryan Cameron – C – 6’2/183 – Canada – Oshawa (OHL)
12. Akim Aliu – RW/RD – 6’2/189 – Canada/Nigeria – Windsor (OHL)
13. Colton Gillies – C/LW – 6’4/200 – Canada – Portland (WHL)
14. Michal Repik – C – 5’10/165 – Czech Republic – Vancouver (WHL)
15. Zack Torquato – C – 6’0/183 – Canada – Kitchener (OHL)
160. Hans Svensson – D – 6’5/205 – Sweden – Frölunda (SWE)

Last edited by duff88 : 02-01-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #34
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Come on Bosela! Get over that injury, boy!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #35
duff88
College Prospect

Dylan Airhart
Airhart had some troubles in his second year with Shattuck St. Mary’s. After a first year of 69 points in 43 games, Airhart only scored 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points in 60 games. Still, Airhart played a major role for St. Mary’s as their top penalty killer and was their top defensive forward. Airhart will play another year with St. Mary’s before joining the NCAA, and he’ll have to show more offensive skills if he want to be drafted in 2009.

Matt Bosela
Bosela finally got his game going in mid-january. After missing a lot of games and only getting two assists in 32 games to start the season, Bosela scored 12 goals and 8 assists in the next 26 games to finish the season 9th in team scoring as the Sting barely made the playoffs over Windsor. Unfortunately, Bosela’s 4 points in 6 games weren’t enough to prevent Sarnia from losing in seven games to Sault Ste. Marie in the first playoffs round. Bosela should play a much bigger role with the Sting next year with Tomas Pospisil gone.

Mathieu Cloutier
Maybe Cloutier only scored 12 points in 60 games with Moncton in Maritime Junior A hockey, but Cloutier showed enough to be sure to be drafted in the 2007 QMJHL Draft as an overager. Although he probably won’t go high, it’s almost certain a team will pick him as he might one day become a valuable energy player in the QMJHL.

Graeme Dickson
Dickson really showed why Moose Jaw picked him 6th overall in 2006, but the Chiefs would have preferred seeing him play on a better team. His stats say it all: 59 goals and 19 assists for 78 points in 50 games for the CAC Midget team. Dickson was alone on his team; Russell Melnychuk, who was probably his only really talented teammate, was injured all year and couldn’t play a single game.

Travis Elkin
A disappointing year has ended for Elkin, but even if he didn’t develop that much on the ice, he learned a lot and developed off the ice more than any kid his age. After an awful start of season where he couldn’t do anything because of an anterior knee injury, Elkin scored an acceptable 17 points in his last 18 games for Sherwood Park to finish the season with 7 goals and 10 assists in 38 games. Elkin’s knee injury came back late in the season and he couldn’t play in his team’s last three games; let’s hope he have time to recover well before joining the Cougars next year.

Nicolas Fillion
Fillion and the Drakkars had both ups and downs during this season. Expected to be one of the top teams in the league, Baie-Comeau got eliminated in seven playoffs game after their starting goaltender Nicolas Riopel was injured while the team was up 2-1 in the series. Fillion had better stats than Riopel after he took over, but the Drakkars still lost the series 4-3. Fillion was the backup during all season long, at first to Michael Dupont and then to Nicolas Riopel, getting a 10-11-3 record and a 89,2SAV% in 25 games.

Christoph Gaspari
53 goals and 106 assists for 159 points in 60 games; Gaspari couldn’t have dreamed of a better season! As expected, he played most of the year on the first line with Pat Rogan and Tyler Ruegsegger which formed a feared line to every team they faced. Gaspari should announce his commitment to Clarkson in the next few days.

Pete Guay
Guay was able to prove that he can have good consistency this year as he scored 39 goals and 96 points for Lethbridge in the Alberta Midget hockey league. It was an impressive year for Guay who got the most points for a player drafted later than the 2nd round in the 2006 WHL Draft in the entire Alberta Midget hockey league.

Michael Hawk
Believe it or not, but Michael Hawk was once again able to somewhat keep himself out of trouble for an entire hockey season. Hawk scored 65 goals and 120 points in 60 games with Sicamous, but his 278 penalty minutes and 24 fights still didn’t do much to improve his reputation.

Vincenzo Hunter
Hunter scored 51 goals and 79 points in 46 games in his first USHL year with Cedar Rapids. The RoughRiders were a weak team though and didn’t make the playoffs as Hunter was injured for the last sprint and the team couldn’t perform without him. A groin strain in February put Hunter on the injured reserve for his team’s last 14 games.

Logan Jaffe
Playing on the first line for the Ice Dogs with Brenden Soley and Chris Dyer, Jaffe and his linemates formed the most productive line in the NAHL with a total of 362 points. Personally, Jaffe was the least effective offensively of the three although his 46 goals and 52 assists for 98 points are nothing to shed tears about. Jaffe’s NCAA interest hasn’t been modified much as he wanted to put his attention on leading the Ice Dogs to the championship, something he did successfully. There’s also a story to note about Logan: Due to a mistake in New Jersey’s rosters from last year, scouts though he was eligible for the 2009 NHL Draft but they later realised that his birth day actually fell in time for the 2008 NHL Draft.

Andrew James
There’s one word you can use to describe Andrew James’ year with the Grande Prairie Storm of the Rural Alberta Midget AAA Hockey League: Wonderful! It’s simple, you can look at his list of accomplishments: His 50 goals, 58 assists and 108 points were all at the top of the league, he won the MVP award, his team finished first and he led his team to the championship where he, the Storm’s captain, was once again named the MVP. James couldn’t have dreamed of a better year before entering the WHL with the Thunderbirds.

Rand Kaberle
As expected initially, although he was one of their best defenseman as the third youngest player on the team, Kaberle had a rather silent year with only 2 goals and 24 assists for 26 points in 60 games. The Canadian player, who still hasn’t made his mind on which university he’ll commit to for the 2008-2009 season, will play a major role next year when he comes back with more experience with Orleans.

Jeff Riddle
Riddle knew he was going to have a hard time when he joined the Billings Bulls who had drafted him in the 2006 USHL Draft; mainly because the Bulls are such a weak team. Well the Bulls weren’t only a weak team, they were an abysmal one! Only 5 wins in 60 games! They let in an average of 6 goals per game, barely scoring one themselves. Riddle was pretty much their only offensive player as he scored 39 goals and 18 assists for 57 points in 60 games.

Jordan Stangle
Stangle played very well for the Foreurs this year on a team that surprised many. Led mainly by the 1-2 offensive punch of Ryan Sparling and Logan McMillan as well as the best defensive pairing in the league with Kristopher Letang and Luc Bourdon, the team still managed to finish fifth in their conference with a 36-28-6 record. With the trade deadline acquisition of Keven Guérette-Charland, who is currently considered the top prospect for the 2008 NHL Draft, the team managed to past Angelo Esposito’s Remparts in 6 games. Then, the team had to face the fourth best team in the league: The Gatineau Olympiques. They were too much for the Foreurs who lost the series in four consecutive games. During that impressive season, Stangle scored 6 goals and 14 assists for 20 points in 67 games. His playoff performance was what stood out though as he scored 7 assists in 10 games. Stangle will come back next year as an important part of the Foreurs’ defence with the departure of Luc Bourdon and Kris Letang.

Hans Svensson
Svensson might not have finished the year as well as he started it, but his year was still excellent and he was able to gather interest from scouts in the NHL enough to be considered a possible late round pick in 2007. Svensson scored 8 goals and 58 points while being +83, delivering 131 hits, blocking 42 shots and winning his only fight of the year in his total 65 penalty minutes. Svensson will be anxiously awaiting for the 2007 NHL Draft, for which we’ll see a “Special Update” about!

Mike Tokunaga
Another fifty games season, another 118 points season! Tokunaga once again led his team, now the SSAC Athletics of the Alberta Midget league, in most categories including goals with 76. Tokunaga is now ready to take his game to the next level and play for the Chiefs next year!

Alex Tousignant
129! 106! 235! These aren’t random numbers, it’s the number of goals, assists and points Alex Tousignant scored in 60 games this year with the Boston Harbor Wolves. Huge numbers, but it’s always the same old question: How will he fare against real opposition? Scouts and hockey fans will have to wait another year as Tousignant will only start playing in US Colleges in the 2008-2009 season, unless he makes it immediately to the NHL team that drafts him in 2008, as he will stay with the Harbor Wolves for another year.

Kevin Wah
The big goaltender wanted a challenge this year before entering in the WHL with the Lethbridge Hurricanes, probably as backup to Tyson Sexsmith. He got it, and fared as well as he could have hoped. On one of the weakest teams of the BC Midget AAA League, Wah went 27-15-8 in 50 games with a 1.90 goals against average and a 93,4 save percentage.

Danny Wilson
Wilson is really impressive. For a player nobody expected big things from, he really is proving people wrong. Again this year, he had a very good production of 8 goals and 62 points in 60 games with the Ice Diggers, finishing only third on team scoring as a rookie defenseman.

Thomas de la Fleur
The three games while Tlusty was at the World Junior Championships were really the time where de la Fleur finally started showing why he was considered as such a great prospect. After a difficult start as a rookie, de la Fleur finished the year with 28 goals and 24 assists for 52 points in 57 games, an excellent production as a rookie as no other ’90 born players scored more than 50 points. The Belleville Bulls could one day be possible Memorial Cup contenders with two of the currently considered top 5 players available for the 2008 NHL Draft in Thomas de la Fleur and Jeff Verreult.

ISS 2007 NHL Preliminary Draft Top 15
3. Mike Neal – LW/C – 6’4/196 – Canada – Mississauga (OHL)
4. Alex Grant – D – 6’0/176 – Canada – Acadie-Bathurst (QMJHL)
5. James O’Brien – C/RW – 6’2/178 – USA – USNDP (USA)
6. Bryan Cameron – C – 6’2/183 – Canada – Oshawa (OHL)
7. Matt Smyth – RW/C – 5’10/178 – USA – Oshawa (OHL)
8. Matt Kang – C – 6’0/180 – Canada – Peterborough (OHL)
9. Brandon Sutter – RW/C – 6’2/176 – Canada – Kelowna (WHL)
10. John Negrin – D – 6’2/185 – Canada – Prince George (WHL)
11. Zack Torquato – C – 6’0/183 – Canada – Kitchener (OHL)
12. Akim Aliu – RW/RD – 6’2/189 – Canada/Nigeria – Windsor (OHL)
13. Michal Repik – C – 5’10/165 – Czech Republic – Vancouver (WHL)
14. Brent Bruneteau – LW/RW – 6’0/185 – USA – Prince Albert (WHL)
15. Colton Gillies – C/LW – 6’4/200 – Canada – Portland (WHL)
180. Hans Svensson – D – 6’5/205 – Sweden – Frölunda (SWE)

-

Next up: A 2007 NHL Draft Special with Hans Svensson!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #36
Travis
Pro Rookie

Come on rehab! Don't need my career killed by a lingering knee injury.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Keep it up Duff, definetly my favorite interactive.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #38
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
There’s also a story to note about Logan: Due to a mistake in New Jersey’s rosters from last year, scouts though he was eligible for the 2009 NHL Draft but they later realised that his birth day actually fell in time for the 2008 NHL Draft.

Sweet!
Old 02-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #39
duff88
College Prospect

« Come on! Come on! OK, well done! »

Svensson had just finished his last test at the NHL Draft Combines, the VO2MAX test, which was also the most feared one. With his feet taped to the pedals of a stationary bike, he had been told to pedal as hard as he could as a computer monitored the decline of speed during the thirty seconds period in order to measure his body’s ability to deliver oxygen to muscles. Svensson did pretty well and managed to avoid puking his breakfast in the bucket a trainer brought him after; unlike many of the other invited prospects at the annual event in Toronto.

Svensson had been pretty good in most tests in the first out of four days of evaluation. This first day was dedicated to physical testing while the three others would be more of mental tests with interviews and things like that. Hans was one of the 134 players present at the combines as the NHL had invited the top 120 Canadians and top 30 Euros as ranked by ISS.

Since the trip was all paid by the NHL, Svensson, with the advice of his agent, decided that it was a good way to raise his draft stock with a good showing. He had arrived the day before the tests and was going to fly back to Sweden the day after the end of the tests, meaning he was going to be in North-America for barely six days. He was not going to attend the NHL Entry Draft in Toronto as he wanted to watch it at home with his family and friends.

Svensson was rooming with Fredrik Lind, a defenseman from Färjestad, the only other Swede present in Toronto. Each of them was also assigned a translator; ex-Sens forward Magnus Arvedsson, who was now assistant coach with Färjestad in Sweden, was Fredrik Lind’s while the sixty-three years old Assistant GM of Frölunda, Freddy Lindfors, was with Hans.

On the second day, the interviews started. Lindfors announced Hans that there were four interviews scheduled in the day: the Florida Panthers at 10:15AM, the New York Islanders at noon, the Calgary Flames at 15:30PM and the Edmonton Oilers at 16:15PM.

Everything went well on that first day, Hans had been told by his agent that there were no good or bad answers, just answer what you feel. At Hans’ own choice, Lindfors was going to be present to help but he would answer the questions himself.

Hans was surprised to see how random the questions were:

«What’s your favourite meal? »
« What mom cook, I eat. I eat everything, mother is good at food cook. »

« Who’s your favourite player ?»
« Scott Stevens. Hitting, good player, I play him…? »
« You try to play like him ? »
« Yes. »

Svensson also noted that teams really seemed to like the fact that he tried to talk himself without the help of Lindfors, who could really have made it easier. He didn’t understand everything, but at least he made an effort.

On the second interviewing day, only three teams wanted to contact Hans: The Washington Capitals at 8AM, the Anaheim Ducks at 1:30PM and the Buffalo Sabres at 14:00PM.

On the third day, there were four teams who wanted to contact Hans: The Los Angeles Kings at 11:15AM, The San Jose Sharks at 1PM, the Vancouver Canucks at 2PM and the Philadelphia Flyers at 3PM

Overall, every interview had its ups and downs, but they all went pretty well. It was pretty rough to have an idea as to which of these teams really had him high or just interviewed him because they interviewed every player.

It’s now June 23rd and there are a lot of people in the Svensson’s small house in Karlstad. His parents, his younger sister, his grandparents, a few of his childhood friends and teammates Jonas Bäckman, Daniel Lindberg and Joakim Andersson had all accepted the invitation to be present in this special day in the life of Hans.

The draft’s first round started at 18:00, but they all knew that Svensson wouldn’t be drafted, if he was actually going to be, before 22:00. The first, second and third rounds passed. The family was waiting for updates on the NHL website. It was now 22:15 and the fourth round was about to start.

“I’ve got to eat something.”
“Don’t go now Hans, I think it’s coming soon.”
“Come on dad, the fourth round hasn’t even started and I’m not expected to be drafted until the latest ones.”
“I’m telling you, I’m feeling it. Sit down.”

Hans sat down while Jonas updated the NHL.com page to see the next few picks.

3 – 87. Washington Capitals – Scott Zacharias - G
3 – 88. Tampa Bay Lightning – Scott Brannon – RW
3 – 89. Ottawa Senators – Ben Leis – G

“We never know, the next picks are held by Florida, Long Island and LA. Anaheim, San Jose twice and Philadelphia are also coming soon. I think he’s right.”

3 – 90. Florida Panthers – Trea Higgins – D

“Look, he’s ranked even lower than you are.”

4 – 91. New York Islanders – Jan Herman – D

“That’s it, you guys are dreaming.”

Hans got up and as he was leaving the room:

“YEAH! Hans, the Kings have picked you!”

The next day, after getting a phone call from Dave Taylor of the LA Kings to congratulate and tell him that they hoped he could develop his physical and defensive side even more before joining the Manchester Monarchs in the AHL, Hans and his dad went to the mall and bought a Kings jersey.

Hans Svensson - 92nd overall pick in the 2007 NHL Draft by the Los Angeles Kings
Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #40
duff88
College Prospect

Another wonderful season in 2006-2007 !

After a great 2005-2006 NHL comeback Season, the league continued to build more fans across North-America with their exciting offensive play.

With Sidney Crosby who now had one season of experience and the arrival of excellent Russian Evgeni Malkin, the Pittsburgh Penguins once again won the Presidents Trophy for best regular season with a record of 57-20-5 for 119 points.

It was also a modern-days record setting season for Martin St. Louis who scored 84 goals with the Tampa Bay Lightning; the fourth highest total in a single season and the first time a player reached the 80s since Mario Lemieux’s 85 goals season in 1988-1989. This great season of course got St. Louis a great set of trophy:

Art Ross trophy (Most regular season points): Martin St. Louis [TB] (84-74-158 in 82 games)
Rocket Richard trophy (Most regular season goals): Martin St. Louis [TB] (84 goals in 82 games)
Hart trophy (Most valuable player): Martin St. Louis [TB] (84-74-158 in 82 games)
Calder trophy (Rookie of the year): Wojtek Wolski [COL] (36-46-82 in 82 games)
Selke trophy (Best defensive forward): John Madden [NJ] (78 points and +15 in 70 games)
Norris trophy (Best defenseman): Ed Jovanovski [NYR] (71 points and +22 in 82 games)
Vezina trophy (Best goaltender): Marty Turco [DAL] (35 wins, 2,69GAA and 91.1% in 71 games)
Adams award (Best coach): Ken Hitchcock [PHI] (Led a low rated team to a 50 win record)
Masterton trophy (Perseverance and dedication): Petr Sykora [ANA]
King Clancy trophy (Leadership and humanitarian contribution): Anze Kopitar [LA]
[b]Lady Byng trophy (Most gentlemanly conduct): Teemu Selänne [ANA] (10 PIM)

Martin St. Louis [TB] (84-74-158) – Vincent Lecavalier [TB] (54-92-146) – Joe Sakic [COL] (55-70-125)
Ed Jovanovski [NYR] (16-55-71) – Rob Blake [COL] (14-63-77)
Marty Turco [DAL] (2,69-91.1%)

Markus Näslund [VAN] (47-60-107) – Peter Forsberg [PHI] (47-60-107) – Teemu Selänne [ANA] (53-70-123)
Brian Rafalski [OTT] (28-60-88) – Brad Stuart [PIT] (16-59-75)
Roberto Luongo [FLO] (2,95-90.4%)

Wojtek Wolski [COL] (36-46-82) – Robbie Schremp [EDM] (29-51-80) – Phil Kessel [STL] (27-32-59)
Nathan Paetsch [BUF] (5-21-26) – Cam Barker [CHI] (4-34-38)
Michael Garnett [ATL] (4,35-87.1%)

Although they cooled down from last year, there were still a few notable trades:
-Dmitri Kalinin and a third round pick in 2008 to Columbus for Brian Campbell and a second round pick
-Chris Bourque and a second round pick to Phoenix for David LeNeveu and a third round pick
-Alexandre Picard [PHI] to Boston for Vladimir Sobotka
-Danil Markov [MIN] to Boston for Martin Biron
-Sheldon Souray to San Jose for multiple picks [3rd, 4th and 5th] and Ryan Getzlaf
-Mathieu Dandeneault and a seventh round pick to Minnesota for A.J. Thelen
-Mark Stuart to Chicago for Nathan Davis, Michal Barinka and Adam Hobson
-Peter Bondra and Kevin Klein to Buffalo for Kyle Quincey
-You can also note that free agent Alex Tanguay, after sitting out most of the year in the free agent market after surgery, signed a two year deal with the Carolina Hurricanes in February.

Among others, there were:
-Martin Gelinas to Philadelphia
-Tomas Plekanec to Los Angeles
-Keith Ballard to Buffalo
-Corey Crawford and Andrew Raycroft to Columbus
-Justin Pogge to Florida
-Peter Worrell to Toronto

Before talking about the NHL Playoffs, let’s see what happened elsewhere in the hockey world. In the World Junior Championships, Russia beat Czech Republic 2-1 in the finals to win the gold medal. Canada won the bronze with a 5-3 win over the USA. The tournament’s MVP was Anton Krysanov while the all-star team was:

Peter Mueller [USA] (4-4-8) – Anton Krysanov [RUS] (3-8-11) – Anton Skorykh [RUS] (5-4-9)
Aleksei Privalov [RUS] (0-9-9) – Jakub Vojta [CZE] (0-7-7)
Tyler Plante [CAN] (1,83-93.0%)

The Kelowna Rockets, who hosted the Memorial Cup, won the tournament with a 3-2 victory against Oshawa. Prince George, the WHL champions, finished third while Drummondville, the QMJHL champions, finished last. Here is the CHL all-star team:

Peter Mueller [RD] (68-58-126) – Matt Caria [SAR] (35-83-118) – Steve Downie [WIN] (59-51-110)
Kyle Wharton [SSM] (28-58-86) – Kris Russel [MH] (26-48-74)
Carey Price [TRI] (2,85-91.7%)

Finally, the Providence Bruins won the Calder Cup in the AHL by defeating the Iowa Stars.

Now, on to the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

After losing in the cup finals last year, the Pittsburgh Penguins were finally able to win the Stanley Cup! It was a tough road though as they had to reach the limit of 7 games in three of their four series. Sidney Crosby, who scored 22 points in 26 playoff games, won the Conn Smythe as Most Valuable Player in the playoffs.

And to conclude the season, the 2007 NHL Entry Draft in Toronto! Meanwhile, in the 2007 QMJHL draft, Mathieu Cloutier was drafted as an overager by the Prince-Edward Island Rocket in the 6th round, 99th overall.

Here are the trades that happened up to October 1st:
-Drew Stafford to Phoenix for Sheldon Keefe & Jay McKee
-Marian Hossa & Juraj Gracik to Toronto for Aleksandr Vasyunov & Toronto’s 1st in 2008
-Dmitri Kalinin to Buffalo for J-C Blanchard, a 5th and a 6th round pick.
-Ken Klee to Pittsburgh for a 3rd and a 7th round pick
-Filip Kuba to Buffalo for Dylan Hunter & Michael Funk
-Alex Kovalev to Edmonton for Dan Hamhuis & Jesse Joensuu
-Manny Fernandez to the Rangers for a 3rd round pick
-Brendan Witt to Pittsburgh for Jonathan Boulet
-Danil Markov to Phoenix for Maxime Ouellet & Loui Eriksson
-Marek Malik & Fredrik Sjöstrom to Anaheim for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick
-Karlis Skrastins to the Rangers for a 3rd round pick
-Brent Sopel to Phoenix for James Wisniewski & Matt Spiler
-Petr Vrana to the Islanders for Tyler Wright

Here are the notable free-agent signings that happened up to October 1st:
Anaheim Mighty Ducks: Kevin Weekes, Travis Green, Keith Carney, Geoff Sanderson, Nolan Pratt
Atlanta Thrashers: Jiri Fischer, Paul Mara, David Tanabe, Dennis Seidenberg, Martin Havlat
Boston Bruins: Brenden Morrow, Kris Beech, Pierre Dagenais
Buffalo Sabres: None
Calgary Flames: Corey Locke, Nick Boynton, Mike Knuble, Bob Boughner, Brad May
Carolina Hurricanes: Vitaly Vishnevski, Christian Erhoff
Chicago Blackhawks: Sheldon Souray, Andrei Markov
Colorado Avalanche: Nathan Dempsey, Brooks Orpik, Dan McGillis, Yanic Perreault, Krzysztof Oliwa
Columbus Blue Jackets: Antero Niittymäki
Dallas Stars: None
Detroit Red Wings: Martin Rucinsky, Marc Savard, Tomas Kloucek
Edmonton Oilers: Ladislav Nagy, Jocelyn Thibault
Florida Panthers: Steve Shields, Shane Hnidy, Rod Brind’Amour
Los Angeles Kings: Samuel Pahlsson, Roman Hamrlik, Darren Langdon
Minnesota Wild: Matt Pettinger, Thomas Pöck
Montreal Canadiens: Janne Niinimaa, Brad Stuart, Mike Van Ryn, Jason ward, Scott Hartnell, Niko Kapanen
Nashville Predators: Sandis Ozolinsh, Jeff O’Neill, Darcy Tucker, Jed Ortmeyer, Robert Lang
New Jersey Devils: Mathew Barnaby, Chris Phillips, Jani Hurme, Donald Brashear, Tomas Kaberle
New York Islanders: Martin Skoula, Josef Vasicek, Chris Drury
New York Rangers: Wade Belak, Mike Ricci, Slava Kozlov, Kirk Maltby
Ottawa Senators: Jussi Jokinen, Niclas Hävelid, Mike Johnson, Ian Laperriere, Sandy McCarthy
Philadelphia Flyers: Roberto Luongo, Sean Hill, Steve Konowalchuk, Stephen Dixon, Andy McDonald
Phoenix Coyotes: Martin Prusek, Jason Williams
Pittsburgh Penguins: Andrew Brunette, Brad Bombardir, Andrew Ference
San Jose Sharks: Philippe Dupuis, Andy Sutton, Taylor Pyatt
St. Louis Blues: Branko Radivojevic, Jean-Sébastien Giguère, Brad Lukowich
Tampa Bay Lightning: Ty Conklin, Darren McCarty, Radek Smolenak
Toronto Maple Leafs: Marcus Nilson, John Madden, Mattias Norström, Stu Barnes, Peter Worrell, Greg de Vries
Vancouver Canucks: Kyle Calder, Chris Therien, Brian Gionta
Washington Capitals: Kurt Sauer