Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Wynsok Entertainment - The Story of a Studio

Well, I finally broke down and purchased Hollywood Mogul. Now sit back and enjoy as I tell the tale of my first studio.

I am Cody Myers. I lead a group of real estate and stock market investors. Over the years, we've accumulated a vast amount of wealth. We've recently decided to get out of the high risk world of investments to enter the high risk world of movie making.

I'm going to be breaking this down so that each post will be one quarter of a year. I'm not sure how I'll do it once I start releasing movies, but this will work for now.

I really only have 3 house rules as a start. The first is that I must have at least 3 scripts being worked on at all times. I must begin work on at least 1 new script every month. And every 2 months, one of those scripts must be an idea of mine.

Its Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
Its Vanilla
High School JV

1st Quarter - 2005

January:

After a kicking New Years Party and a couple days of recovery, I enter my office and have a seat at my new desk. Immediately I begin searching for projects that catch my eye. A couple novels do...

Virtual Pain(science fiction) - In the future, crime and punishment is a ghastly affair.
-The story sounds very interesting to me. It looks like a good story, with the major problems being a slow pace and somewhat lacking plot. Never-the-less, it's a 3 star script and I pay a cool $5.25 million for it. I send it off to Wayne Flannigan for a first draft.

A Game of Chance(drama) - A foolish dare leads to tragedy and death.
-I don't know why, but I felt the need to pick this one up. It comes with a 4 star script that should be ready to go in no time. David Holloway gets the honor of writing the first draft after I pay $6 million for it.

Nothing else caught my attention, so we had to come up with an idea of our own.

Party Quacka(action adventure comedy) - Two long lost twin brothers must reunite to save their mother from an evil madman.
-We already know who we want to star and feel that this will be our first "big" movie. I send it out to Daniel Peterman for a first draft.

February:

Writing continues on last month's scripts.

We begin work on a remake of an older movie.

The Poseidon Adventure(action adventure) - After a tidal wave capsizes a luxury liner, a group of survivors must fight to find their way out.
-By the way, I know there is already a remake underway starring Kurt Russell. I give the idea to Paul Fuller for a first draft.

I find a pretty interesting screenplay on my desk in the morning. I felt that it was so good, I immediately payed $3.9 million for it.

Aha!(comedy) - A man comes out of a coma to find he has 2 wives.

Now the movie needs casted. We've got a 4 star script on our hands, so we could be looking at a money-maker.

Aha! will use the Main Street, USA backlot and sound stage 11 with significant set construction. I budget $20 million for physical costs with no pyro-technics and no stunts.

Code:
Aha! Casting Info: Director - Frank Coraci(Waterboy) - $500K Producer - Mark Gordon(Day After Tomorrow) - $800K Actor - Ben Stiller(Dodgeball) - $6.5M Actress - Brittany Murphy(8 Mile) - $3.5M Actress - Rebecca Romjin(X-Men) - $2.5M Actor - Frankie Muniz(Agent Cody Banks) - $800K Story: Jake Rhodes(Stiller) wakes up from a coma to discover that he has 2 wives(Murphy & Romjin). He enlists the help of his brother(Muniz) to figure out how everything happened.

March:

Scripts:
Virtual Pain - first draft screenplay
A Game of Chance - first draft screenplay
Party Quacka - first draft screenplay
The Poseidon Adventure - first draft screenplay

Pre Production:
Aha! - February 2005-May 2005

New This Month:

I purchase the rights of the novel "To the Other Sea" for $5.1 million. This historic epic chronicles Thomas Jefferson's desire to send explorers to the Pacific Ocean. I send it to Anthony Wenton for a first draft.

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 06-21-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
Its Vanilla
High School JV

2nd Quarter - 2005

April:
Scripts:
Virtual Pain - first draft screenplay
A Game of Chance - first draft screenplay
Party Quacka - first draft screenplay
To the Other Sea - first draft screenplay

Pre-Production:
Aha - February-May 2005

New This Month:
I commission the writing of a cheap horror movie.

"Graveyard Shift" - Workers in a warehouse discover there is something lurking in the darkness.

It is sent to Steven McShane for a first draft.

May:

Several scripts come back this month.
-Virtual Pain comes in at 2 stars with a horrible plot. I send it to Arthur Ooo for a screenplay rewrite.
-A Game of Chance comes back and the less said about it, the better. I send it to Cheryl Cottonwood for a screenplay rewrite.
-Party Quacka is also in need of a screenplay rewrite. I send it to Douglas Petty.

Scripts:
Virtual Pain(**) - writing begins next month
A Game of Chance(**) - writing begins next month
Party Quacka(**) - writing begins next month
Graveyard Shift - first draft screenplay

Pre-Production:
None

Production:
Aha! - May-June 2005

New This Month:
I purchase the rights to a screenplay.

"Chevy Caprice"(drama) - Coming of age story of two college buddies who set out after graduation.

It is sent to Melody Lessing for a rewrite.

June:
The Poseidon Adventure comes back a little weak, so I send it out for a Page 1 rewrite.

Scripts:
Virtual Pain(**) - screenplay rewrite
A Game of Chance(**) - screenplay rewrite
Party Quacka(**) - screenplay rewrite
The Poseidon Adventure(**) - writing begins next month
Chevy Caprice(*) - screenplay rewrite

Pre-Production:
None

Production:
None

Post-Production:
Aha! - June-September 2005

New This Month:
We begin writing on an animated family film.

"Cosmo" - After being left behind on a camping trip, a lovable dog must find his way home.

Hannah Stiltstein gets the job of bringing this picture to life.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:42 PM   #4
Its Vanilla
High School JV

3rd Quarter - 2005

July:
I come into my office and Jodie Foster is sitting there, waiting to pitch me an idea. It is a drama, entitled "Her Bark, Her Bite". It is a story about a man being manipulated by his wife. It's a 3 star script, but she wants $50 million, so I politely ask her to leave.

Virtual Pain comes back slightly better, but not good enough. I send it back out for more work.

A Game of Chance comes back better as well, but it still has practically no character arc or development. Back out it goes.

Party Quacka is still lacking in the Dialogue department.

To the Other Sea can be much better than it is, especially in the Intelligence department.

Chevy Caprice comes back decent, but still in need of some work.

New This Month:
I find a nice original screenplay to purchase.

"Trailblazers"(western) - The story of the first wagon train to head west to Oregon.

Scripts:
Virtual Pain(***) - writing begins next month
A Game of Chance(***) - writing begins next month
Party Quacka(***) - writing begins next month
The Poseidon Adventure(**) - page one rewrite
To the Other Sea(**) - writing begins next month
Chevy Caprice(***) - writing begins next month
Cosmo - first draft screenplay
Trailblazers - first draft screenplay

Pre-Production:

Production:

[/u]Post Production:[/u]
Aha!

August:
I give a call to the writers to begin work on a new drama.

"SimCity"(drama) - A man is thrown into the world he created on his computer, where he is mistaken for God.

Graveyard shift comes back from the writers. While it only scores 2 stars, I want this movie to be out by the end of the year. It will be filmed on the Lake backlot and Sound Stage 12. I set aside $10 million for physical costs.
Code:
Graveyard Shift Casting Info: Director: David R. Ellis(Final Destination 2) - $50k Producer: David R. Ellis Actor: David Boreanaz(Buffy) - $150K Actor: Elias Koteas(Collateral Damage) - $200K Actor: Jeremy Sisto(Wrong Turn) - $600K Actress: Mila Kunis(That 70s Show) - $100K

Scripts:
Virtual Pain(***) - screenplay rewrite
A Game of Chance(***) - screenplay rewrite
Party Quacka(***) - screenplay rewrite
To the Other Sea(**) - screenplay rewrite
Chevy Caprice(*) - screenplay rewrite
Trailblazers(***) - screenplay rewrite
SimCity - writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Graveyard Shift

Production:
None

Post Production:
Aha!

September:
It is a very busy month at Wynsok Entertainment. We get several scripts back from the writers.

-Virtual Pain is getting there, but it isn't ready yet. The same can be said for A Game of Chance and Party Quacka. All 3 go back to the writers.
-To the Other Sea continues to have script problems, so we send it back out.
-Chevy Caprice comes back with 3 stars. It should be ready after a quick polish.
-Trailblazers comes back pretty good, except with a 1 star plot. It is sent back out.

-Aha is ready for release and has been given a PG-13 rating. However, it only scored an 84% in the test screening. It's being edited as we speak.

-Taking a look around for a new script, I come across an interesting comedy.
"Baby Talk" - The world as seen through the eyes of a toddler.
It is a 4 star script, so I have no problem purchasing it. I immediately set aside the Main Street, USA backlot and Sound Stage 18 and set a budget of $20 million.
Code:
Baby Talk Casting Info: Director: Peter Farrelly(Something About Mary) - $1M Producer: Kenneth Bishop - $50K Actor: Martin Alberts(Age: 3) - $50K Actress: Hilary Duff(Raise Your Voice) - $3M Actor: Charlie Sheen(Scary Movie 3) - $2.5M Actress: Teri Hatcher(Spy Kids) - $3M

Scripts:
Virtual Pain(***) - writing begins next month
To the Other Sea(**) - writing begins next month
Trailblazers(****) - writing begins next month
SimCity - first draft screenplay

Pre-Production:
Graveyard Shift
Baby Talk

Production:
None

Post Production:
Aha - Re-Edit
Old 06-21-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
Its Vanilla
High School JV

October - November 2005

October:
-The re-edit of Aha! is tested with audiences and scores a whopping 85%. I decide that it probably won't get any better. Aha! will be shown in 1,500 theatres. For advertising, I set aside $10 million for TV, $7 million for Print, and $1 million for Radio. It will be released on Thanksgiving.

The Poseidon Adventure comes back terrible and goes right back out again.
Chevy Caprice is almost done, but still needs some touching up.
Cosmo isn't the worst movie ever, but it needs a ton of work.
Trailblazers is a couple months away from being a great script.

I purchase rights to the science fiction novel "Ice Palace".
"Ice Palace" - The Princess Wau battles the evil Lord Jol on the frozen planet Dren.

Scripts:
Virtual Pain(***) - screenplay rewrite
A Game of Chance(***) - screenplay rewrite
Party Quacka(***) - screenplay rewrite
The Poseidon Adventure(**) - writing begins next month
To the Other Sea(**) - page one rewrite
Cosmo(*) - writing begins next month
Trailblazers(****) - writing begins next month
Ice Palace - writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Graveyard Shift
Baby Talk

Production:
None

Post Production:
Aha! - awaiting release

November:
-We get a few screenplays back from the writers.

Virtual Pain comes back looking pretty good and ready to be casted. I choose to shoot on the Big City Street back lot and on Sound State 26, with significant set construction. I set the physical costs to $40 million, with $5 million for pyrotechnics and $5 million for stunts.
Code:
Virtual Pain: Casting Info: Director: Robert Zemeckis(Back to the Future) - $4M/1pt Producer: Perry Wheeler(TV) - $400K Actress: Jennifer Connolly(Hulk) - $7.5M Actress: Selma Hayak(Vanilla Sky) - $5M Actress: Uma Thurmon(Kill Bill) - $5M

A Game of Chance still needs work, as does Party Quacka

Scripts:
The Poseidon Adventure(**) - screenplay rewrite
To the Other Sea(**) - page one rewrite
Cosmo(*) - screenplay rewrite
Trailblazers(****) - screenplay rewrite
Ice Palace - first draft screenplay

Pre-Production:
Virtual Pain
Baby Talk

Production:
Graveyard Shift

Post-Production:
Aha! - awaiting release
Old 06-21-2005, 10:46 PM   #6
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Movie Release #1

Aha!
Genre: Comedy

Theatres: 1,500
Negative Cost: $38,986,000
Print Cost: $3,000,000
TV Ads: $10,000,000
Print Ads: $7,000,000
Radio Ads: $1,000,000
Foreign P&A: $15,750,000
Foreign Ads: $15,750,000
Total P&A: $52,500,000
Total Negative Cost: $91,486,000

-The bottom part of the screen didn't show up, so no star ratings on anyone.

What We're Up Against:
New Line Cinemas - A PG suspense thriller starring Cuba Gooding Jr.
Universal Studios - An R rated love story starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carrie-Anne Moss, Sean William Scott, and Denzel Washington.
Warner Brothers - An R rated mystery starring Tobey Maguire, Cameron Diaz, Samuel L Jackson, and Jim Carrey.
MGM Pictures - A PG-13 horror movie starring Christopher Walken, Evan Rachel Wood, Ben Affleck, and George Clooney.
Dreamworks Pictures - A G rated love story starring Sean William Scott and Cate Blanchett.
20th Century Fox - A PG-13 suspense thriller starring Jet Li, Julianne Moore, Pierce Brosnan, and James Franco

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(18.96%) - $61,516,000
20th Century Fox(16.95%) - $55,000,000
Universal Studios(15.41%) - $50,000,000
Warner Brothers(13.25%) - $43,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(12.63%) - $41,000,000
MGM Pictures(11.40%) - $37,000,000
New Line Cinemas(11.40%) - $37,000,000

Total Domestic Gross: $324,516,000

Foreign Box Office:
New Line Cinemas(17.93%) - $75,000,000
Universal Studios(17.22%) - $72,000,000
Warner Brothers(17.22%) - $72,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(16.26%) - $68,000,000
20th Century Fox(13.15%) - $55,000,000
MGM Pictures(10.52$) - $44,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(07.70%) - $32,185,000

Total Foreign Gross: $418,185,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $30,758,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $26,246,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $16,092,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $7,785,000

Total Studio Revenue: $80,881,000
Total Expenses: $91,486,000
Total Revenue: (10,605,000)
Old 06-22-2005, 11:55 AM   #7
Its Vanilla
High School JV

December 2005:
We get several scripts back this month.

The quest of mine that has become The Poseidon Adventure is sitting on my desk. Once again, I get frustrated at how bad it is and send it back to the writers.

Chevy Caprice is also waiting for me. It's still lacking in some areas, so back it goes.

Cosmo is getting better, but it's still pretty terrible.

Trailblazers comes back and looks like it's finally ready to go. I get ready to cast it.

Just about all of SimCity needs to be reworked. It's going to be a while before we see anything out of it.

After being inspired by watching the original on television, I contact a famous face in Hollywood and get an agreement to produce a sequel.

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(Comedy) - Lone Starr goes back to his gambling ways and ends up oweing the Space Senate a good bit of money. Meanwhile Dark Helmet trains a young boy on the Ape Planet in the ways of the Schwartz, all in preparation for a final battle between good and evil.

Scripts:
A Game of Chance(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Party Quacka(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
The Poseidon Adventure(**) - Writing begins next month
To the Other Sea(**) - Page One Rewrite
Chevy Caprice(***) - Writing begins next month
Cosmo(**) - Writing begins next month
SimCity(**) - Writing begins next month
Ice Palace - First draft sceenplay
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Virtual Pain(Science Fiction
Trailblazers(Western)

Production:
Baby Talk(Comedy)

Post Production:
Graveyard Shift(Horror)

Casting News:
-Trailblazers is ready to be casted. I choose to shoot on location in the desert. I budget $40 million for physical costs.
Code:
Trailblazers The story of a father(Ford) and a mother(Moore) who, along with family and friends, set out for the promised land of Oregon. Director: Stephen Sommers(Van Helsing) - $500K Producer: Mark Simonds(TV) - $300K Actor: Harrison Ford(Indiana Jones) - $13.5M(3 pts) Actress: Julianne Moore(The Forgotten) - $6M Actor: Orlando Bloom(Troy) - $5M Actor: Ryan Phillipe(Cruel Intentions) - $1.7M Actress: Geena Davis(Dirty Dancing) - $4.2M Actress: Katie Holmes(Batman Begins) - $1.2M

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 06-22-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:28 PM   #8
Its Vanilla
High School JV

January 2006:
The nominations for the Academy Awards are this month. We only released Aha! this year and it doesn't really look like it's going to win anything. I put it in for...

Best Picture(Aha!)
Best Actor(Ben Stiller - Aha!)
Best Actress(Brittany Murphy - Aha!)
Best Supporting Actress(Rebecca Romjin - Aha!)

...and spend $1 million on promotional services.

However, my month isn't all great, as I'm needed right back at the office. Apparently, some footage of Baby Talk was accidently destroyed and $8 million is needed to reshoot the scenes. I OK it.

Producer Lawrence Gordon retires due to poor health.

A Game of Chance comes back from the writers. The main character arc is still terrible, so I send it back out.

Party Quacka comes back ready to be casted. Yes!

I'm pretty sure that To the Other Sea couldn't have come back any worse. Unless there are some drastic improvements soon, I'm going to shelve the project.

I purchase the rights to the suspense novel Coldwater Canyon for $4.8 million. It is about a murder mystery writer who lives outside Los Angeles. After his latest book doesn't sell, he begins to act it out.

Scripts:
A Game of Chance(***) - Writing begins next month
The Poseidon Adventure(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
To the Other Sea(*) - Writing begins next month
Chevy Caprice(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Cosmo(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
SimCity(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
Ice Palace - First Draft Screenplay
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money - First Draft Screenplay
Coldwater Canyon - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Virtual Pain(Science Fiction)
Party Quacka(Action Adventure Comedy)
Trailblazers(Western)

Post Production:
Graveyard Shift(Horror)
Baby Talk(Comedy)

Casting News:
I decide to film Party Quacka in New York City, doing the interiors on location with significant set construction. I budget $55 million for physical costs, $10 million for pyrotechnics, and $5 million for stunts. Several people are interested, but I already have a cast in mind.
Code:
Party Quacka After their mother(Bates) is kidnapped, the Party Quacka(Chan) must reunite with his twin brother(Schwarzenegger) to stop an evil madman(Banderas) from taking over the world. Director: Quentin Tarantino(Kill Bill) - $4M(3 pts) Producer: Mark Gordan(Aha!) - $800K Actor: Jackie Chan(Rush Hour) - $7.5M Actor: Arnold Schwarzenegger(Terminator Trilogy) - $50K(he wasn't in the file) Actor: Antonio Banderas(Once Upon a Time in Mexico) - $8M Actress: Cathy Bates(Titanic) - $5.5M

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 06-22-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #9
Its Vanilla
High School JV

February 2006
We receive no Oscar nominations.

The costs for the sets on Trailblazers end up being more expensive than anticipated. I authorize an $8 million increase.

Virtual Pain goes into production.

The Poseidon Adventure is finally showing some signs of life.

Chevy Caprice comes back ready to be casted.

Cosmo is still getting there.

SimCity is still a couple rewrites away from being produced.

The Dialogue of Ice Palace is amazing. The rest of the script is terrible.

I commission the writing of a remake of Smokey and the Bandit.

Scripts:
The Poseidon Adventure(***) - Writing begins next month
To the Other Sea(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
Cosmo(***) - Writing begins next month
SimCity(***) - Writing begins next month
Ice Palace(*) - Writing begins next month
Coldwater Canyon - First Draft Sceenplay
Smokey and the Bandit - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Chevy Caprice(Drama)
Trailblazers(Western)

Production:

Post Production:
Graveyard Shift(Horror)

Casting News:
I decide to film Chevy Caprice on the Lake backlot and on Sound Stage 18 with average set construction. I budget $15 million in physical costs.
Code:
Chevy Caprice Two college buddies(Dunst, Kutcher) set out on a road trip after graduation. Director: Darren Aronofsky(Pi) - $50K Producer: Florence Oliver(TV) - $50K Actress: Kirsten Dunst(Spiderman) - $6M Actor: Ashton Kutcher(Butterfly Effect) - $7M Actress: Alicia Silverstone(Blast From the Past) - $4M Actress: Scarlett Johansson(In Good Company) - $1M Actress: Eliza Dushku(Wrong Turn) - $800K

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 06-22-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:16 PM   #10
Its Vanilla
High School JV

March 2006:
Several scripts come back and Graveyard Shift is ready for release.

A Game of Chance is nearly ready. A couple more months with the writers and we should be good to go.
To the Other Sea is becomming very frustrating. It goes back out again.

Graveyard Shift is given an R rating and is screened by test audiences. After an edit, we score an awesome 73%. I decide to spend $10 million on TV ads, $5 million on Print, and $1 million on radio ads. It will be released in April on 1,200 screens.

I purchase rights to the hilarious novel, The Butler May Have Done It. In the novel, a murder investigation is hampered by red herrings at the U.S. School for Butlers.

Scripts:
A Game of Chance(***) - Writing begins next month
The Poseidon Adventure(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
To the Other Sea(**) - Writing begins next month
Cosmo(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
SimCity(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Ice Palace(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
Coldwater Canyon - First Draft Screenplay
Smokey and the Bandit - First Draft Screenplay
The Butler May Have Done It - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Chevy Caprice(Drama)

Production:
Trailblazers(Western)

Post Production:
Baby Talk(Comedy)
Old 06-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #11
Its Vanilla
High School JV

April 2005
I'm not sure how this month is going to go. It doesn't start off too well. Percy Wheeler, producer of Virtual Pain informs me that he can't stay on budget. He needs an additional $2 million to complete production. I allow it.

Party Quacka has completed pre-production and will begin shooting immediately.

The Poseidon Adventure is nearly ready to go. A quick touch-up and we're set.

Despite early troubles, Cosmo is coming along nicely.

I am also informed by producer Robert Simonds that he can't stay on budget with Trailblazers. I give him the additional $1 million he needs to complete production.

Surprisingly, SimCity is all set to go. It will shoot on the Big City backlot and on Sound State 12 with significant set construction. I budget $25 million for physical costs and $5 million each for industry standard and state of the art special effects.

Baby Talk has wrapped up Post Production and is ready to be screened. It is given a PG-13 rating. It scores a solid 92% at the test screenings. I set aside $15 million for TV, $10 million for print, and $2 million for radio ads. It will be released in June on 2,000 screens.

Ice Palace comes back vastly improved over the original version. It's still not ready yet though.

Spaceballs 2 comes back a bit lackluster, so it goes right back out again.

Graveyard Shift is also set for release this month. I'm hoping it goes well.

I purchase the rights to 2 screenplays. The first is Bon Voyage a story about a couple finding love on the open sea. I shell out $4.3 million for it. It's ready to go as it stands. I also purchase Force Three an action movie about America's secret warriors fighting drug smugglers. It costs $3.3 million.

I decide to film Bon Voyage on a ship off the coast of Florida, doing the interiors on location with average set construction. I budget $20 million for physical costs.

Casting:
Code:
SimCity During an electrical storm, a man(Depp) is cast into a city he's created with a computer game. He enlists the help of the Sim Mayor(Liotta) to try to get back to his own world. Things are complicated when he starts a love affair with the mayor's assistant(Moore). All this while he is being worshipped as a God by the people of the city. Director: Cameron Crowe(Vanilla Sky) - $2.9 million Producer: Michael I. Rachmil(The Glass House) - $600K Actor: Johnny Depp(Secret Window) - $12 million Actor: Ray Liotta(Control) - $2.2 million Actress: Demi Moore(Charlie's Angels) - $7.2 million
Code:
Bon Voyage Much to the dismay of his parents(McKellen, Streep), a wealthy man(Bale) falls in love with a lower class woman(Garner), who looks to her sister(Wood) for advice. Director: Kenneth Branagh(Hamlet) - $500K Producer: Mike Newell(Mona Lisa Smile) - $400K Actor: Christian Bale(Batman Begins) - $7 million Actress: Jennifer Garner(Elektra) - $5.8 million Actor: Ian McKellen(Lord of the Rings) - $9 million Actor: Donald Sutherland(Six Degrees of Separation) - $7 million Actress: Meryl Streep(Bridges of Madison County) - $8.3 million Actress: Evan Rachel Wood(Thirteen) - $700K

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
Ice Palace(***) - Writing begins next month
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(*) - Writing begins next month
Coldwater Canyon - First Draft Screenplay
The Butler May Have Done It - First Draft Screenplay
Force Three(***) - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Chevy Caprice(Drama)
SimCity(Drama)
Bon Voyage(Love Story)

Production:

Post-Production:
Graveyard Shift(Horror) - Awaiting Release(April 2006)
Trailblazers(Western)
Baby Talk(Comedy) - Awaiting Release(June 2006)

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 06-24-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:29 PM   #12
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Graveyard Shift
Genre: Horror

Theatres: 1,200
Negative Cost: $11,686,000
Print Cost: $2,400,000
Print Ads: $5,000,000
Foreign P&A: $13,800,000
Foreign Ads: $13,800,000
Total P&A: $46,000,000
Total Negative Cost: $57,686,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: David R. Ellis(*****)
Director: David R. Ellis(***)
Screenwriter: Steven McShane(*****)

Starring Roles:
David Boreanaz(*****)

Supporting Roles:
Elias Koteas(*****)
Jeremy Sisto(****)
Mila Kunis(***)

Production Budget:
Script to Film: ***
Advertising: ***
Star Appeal: ***

What We're Up Against:
New Line Cinemas - An R rated animation with Benicio Del Toro and Laurence Fishburne.
Universal Studios - A G rated action movie with John Travolta, Hilary Duff, and Val Kilmer.
Warner Brothers - A G rated romantic comedy with Jackie Chan and Ziyi Zhang.
MGM Pictures - An R rated love story with Jack Black and Scarlett Johansson. Also of note, the producer died.
Dreamworks Pictures - An R rated romantic comedy with Ian McKellen and Teri Hatcher.
20th Century Fox - A PG-13 Robert Zemeckis horror flick with Jude Law and Amanda Peet.

Domestic Box Office:
Warner Brothers(21.46%) - $59,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(20.73%) - $57,000,000
20th Century Fox(20.01%) - $55,000,000
MGM Pictures(13.82%) - $38,000,000
New Line Cinemas(11.64%) - $32,000,000
Universal Studios(10.91%) - $30,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(1.43%) - $3,926,000

Total Domestic Gross: $274,926,000

Foreign Box Office:
Dreamworks Pictures(19.17%) - $75,000,000
Universal Studios(18.66%) - $73,000,000
MGM Pictures(17.64%) - $69,000,000
Warner Brothers(16.36%) - $64,000,000
20th Century Fox(13.81%) - $54,000,000
New Line Cinemas(13.81%) - $54,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(00.55%) - $2,145,000

Total Foreign Gross: $391,145,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $1,963,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $1,002,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $1,072,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $6,052,000

Total Studio Revenue: $10,557,000
Total Expenses: $57,686,000
Total Revenue: (47,129,000)

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 06-23-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:57 PM   #13
JeffNights
College Prospect

"SimCity"(drama) - A man is thrown into the world he created on his computer, where he is mistaken for God.

GOLDEN!!!
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #14
Its Vanilla
High School JV

May 2006:
Virtual Pain needs an additional $1 million to complete production. I allow it.

We get a few scripts back this month.

We get A Game of Chance back and it is finally ready to be casted. I decide to use the Lake backlot and Sound Stage 25 with average set construction. I budget $20 million for phyiscal costs.

To the Other Sea finally begins to show me something. It still needs work though.

Coldwater Canyon comes back with a ways to go. I send it back out to the writers.

I purchase the rights to the novel Free Passage for $3.75 million. It's an interesting action adventure about a middle eastern country threatening ships passing through the Straight of Gibraltar. I send it to the writers for a screenplay.

Casting:
Code:
A Game of Chance While vacationing on a lake, 2 couple decide to play a game of truth or dare. Director: David Lynch(Blue Velvet) - $1.2 million Producer: Herbert Schiller - $400K Actor: Hayden Christensen(Star Wars) - $5 million Actress: Jessica Alba(Honey) - $2.2 million Actor: Jeremy Sisto(Graveyard Shift) - $600K Actress: Jessica Biel(Texas Chainsaw Massacre) - $600K

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(***) - Writing begins next month
Ice Palace(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
Coldwater Canyon(*) - Writing begins next month
Force Three - Screenplay Rewrite
Free Passage - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
A Game of Chance(Drama)
SimCity(Drama)
Bon Voyage(Love Story)

Production:
Chevy Caprice(Drama)

Post Production:
Baby Talk(Comedy) - Awaiting June 2006 Release
Trailblazers(Western)
Old 06-24-2005, 12:10 PM   #15
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Maybe I missed it, but how much money do you have to start the game? Are their levels of difficulty where you start with more or less?
Old 06-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #16
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty
Maybe I missed it, but how much money do you have to start the game? Are their levels of difficulty where you start with more or less?

You always start the game with $1 billion. Each level of difficulty is just a higher budget that is taken out of your total every month.

BTW, I'm playing on the 2nd level, although I forget what it's called.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:45 PM   #17
Its Vanilla
High School JV

June 2006:
Party Quacka has gone into Post Production.

The Poseidon Adventure just needs a bit of a touch-up and it's ready to go.

Chevy Caprice has gone into Post Production.

Cosmo still needs a bit of work, so back to the writers it goes.

Ice Palace is getting much better, but it's not there yet.

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money has drastically improved since the first draft, but still needs more work.

Smokey and the Bandit still needs a lot of work before it can even be compared with the original.

Force Three will be a great script - in a couple months.

I purchase rights to the screenplay I Was a Teenage Bagboy for $2.2 million. In it, the employee of the month rises to the occasion when freak blizzard traps a store's customers.

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Ice Palace(***) - Writing begins next month
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(***) - Writing begins next month
Coldwater Canyon(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
Smokey and the Bandit(**) - Writing begins next month
Force Three(****) - Writing begins next month
Free Passage - First Draft Screenplay
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
A Game of Chance(Drama)
SimCity(Drama)
Bon Voyage(Love Story)

Production:
None

Post Production:
Baby Talk(Comedy) - To be released this month
Trailblazers(Western)
Chevy Caprice(Drama)
Old 06-24-2005, 04:08 PM   #18
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Baby Talk
Genre: Comedy

Theatres: 2,000
Negative Cost: $42,772,000
Print Cost: $4,000,000
TV Ads: $15,000,000
Print Ads: $10,000,000
Radio Ads: $2,000,000
Foreign P&A: $23,250,000
Foreign Ads: $23,250,000
Total P&A: $77,500,000
Total Negative Cost: $120,272,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Kenneth Bishop(***)
Director: Peter Farrelly(**)
Screenwriter: Carey DeVuono(****)

Starring Roles:
Martin Alberts(***)
Hillary Duff(***)

Supporting Roles:
Charlie Sheen(***)
Terri Hatcher(***)

Production Budget: ***
Script to Film: **
Advertising: *****

What We're Up Against:
New Line Cinemas - A PG love story with Tommy Lee Jones and Elizabeth Hurley.
Universal Studios - An R rated suspense thriller with Alfred Molina, Rachel Weisz, and Thomas Jane.
Warner Brothers - An R rated romantic comedy with Matt Damon and Michelle Pfeiffer.
MGM Pictures - A G rated Michael Mann action adventure with Bruce Willis.
Dreamworks Pictures - An PG science fiction with Sean Penn, Shannon Elizabeth, Dewayne "The Rock" Johnson, and John Travolta.
20th Century Fox - An R rated Quentin Tarantino drama with Kurt Russell and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(26.76%) - $104,884,000
Universal Studios(15.06%) - $59,000,000
MGM Pictures(14.29%) - $56,000,000
Warner Brothers(13.52%) - $53,000,000
New Line Cinemas(11.48%) - $45,000,000
20th Century Fox(11.23%) - $44,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(07.66%) - $30,000,000

Total Domestic Gross: $391,884,000

Foreign Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(24.20%) - $131,530,000
Universal Studios(14.17%) - $77,000,000
Warner Brothers(13.43%) - $73,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(13.25%) - $72,000,000
MGM Pictures(13.06%) - $71,000,000
New Line Cinemas(11.77%) - $64,000,000
20th Century Fox(10.12%) - $55,000,000

Total Foreign Gross: $543,530,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $52,442,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $78,763,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $65,765,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $39,559,000

Total Studio Revenue: $236,529,000
Total Expenses: $120,272,000
Total Revenue: $116,257,000

-Baby Talk becomes the 6th highest grossing movie of all time in foreign markets.
-Baby Talk becomes the 7th highest grossing movie of all time.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #19
Its Vanilla
High School JV

July 2006:
Virtual Pain has completed Post Production and is ready for release. It is rated PG-13 and scored a 97% at the test screening. I decide on an August release.

To the Other Sea is one or two rewrites from being produced.

Trailblazers has completed Post Production and is ready for release. It is rated G and scores a 92% at the test screening. I decide to release it in October.

SimCity has begun filming.

Coldwater Canyon is still pretty weak.

The Butler May Have Done It is pretty good, except for some horrendous dialogue.

Bon Voyage has begun filming.

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(***) - Writing begins next month
Ice Palace(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Coldwater Canyon(**) - Writing begins next month
Smokey and the Bandit(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
The Butler May Have Done It(***) - Writing begins next month
Force Three(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(*) - Screenplay Rewrite

Pre-Production:
A Game of Chance(Drama)

Production:
SimCity(Drama)
Bon Voyage(Love Story)

Post Production:
Virtual Pain(Science Fiction) - Awaiting Release(August 2006)
Trailblazers(Western) - Awaiting Release(October 2006)
Chevy Caprice(Drama)
Old 06-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #20
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Vanilla
MGM Pictures - A G rated Michael Mann action adventure with Bruce Willis.

Is such a movie even possible? "Die Hard...But Not Too Hard"?
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #21
Its Vanilla
High School JV

August 2006:

A Game of Chance has completed pre-production and has begun shooting.

The Poseidon Adventure comes back still almost ready to be casted. It goes back out again.

Cosmo is ready for casting. I budget $30 million for physical costs.

SimCity has completed Production and has gone into Post Production.

Ice Palace is looking really good and will be casted this month. I decide to shoot on location in the snowy mountains of Wyoming, doing the sets on location with complex set construction. I budget $65 million for physical costs, $8 million for pyrotechnics, and $5 million for stunts. As far as special effects, $10 million for each industry standard, state of the art, and groundbreaking.

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money goes back to the writers.

Smokey and the Bandit goes back out to the writers yet again.

Shooting delays have put the production of Bon Voyage behind schedule. I allow another $1 million to finish shooting. It goes into Post Production.

Force Three is still suffering from being un-intelligent. I'm hoping the writers fix it soon.

I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy isn't that great of a script yet, so back it goes.

I decide to develop Graveyard Shift 2 as a direct to video sequel.

Casting:
Code:
Cosmo After accidently being left behind on a camping trip, a family dog(Black) must befriend the creatures of the forest (Oldman, Pfieffer) to find his way home. Director: Alexander Payne(Election) - $300K Producer: Tony Morgan(TV) - $200K Actor: Jack Black(School of Rock) - $3.5 million Actor: Gary Oldman(Air Force One) - $1.75 million Actress: Michelle Pfieffer(Batman) - $4 million
Code:
Ice Palace After fighting a galactic war for many years, Princess Dren(Jolie) finally locates the enemy leader, Lord Jol(Johnson) on the frozen planet Dren. She, along with a space fighter captain(Law) and a rebel defector(Rodriguez), must find a way to defeat him. Director: James Cameron(Titanic) - $6 million(+5 pts) Producer: Jeff Jones(TV) - $500K Actress: Angelina Jolie(Tomb Raider) - $13 million Actor: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson(Walking Tall) - $10 million Actor: Jude Law(Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow) - $8.7 million Actress: Michelle Rodriguez(Fast and the Furious) - $3.0 million

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(***) - Writing begins next month
Coldwater Canyon(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
Smokey and the Bandit(***) - Writing begins next month
The Butler May Have Done It(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Force Three(****) - Writing begins next month
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(**) - Writing begins next month
Graveyard Shift 2 - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Cosmo(Animation)
Ice Palace(Science Fiction)

Production:
A Game of Chance(Drama)

Post Production:
Virtual Pain(Drama) - Awaiting Release(This Month)
Trailblazers(Western) - Awaiting Release(October 2006)
Chevy Caprice(Drama)
SimCity(Drama)
Bon Voyage(Love Story)

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 06-30-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #22
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Virtual Pain
Genre: Science Fiction

Theatres: 2,500
Negative Cost: $82,796,000
Print Cost: $5,000,000
Foreign P&A: $19,500,000
Foreign Ads: $19,500,000
Total P&A: $65,000,000
Total Negative Cost: $147,796,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Perry Wheeler(***)
Director: Robert Zemeckis(****)
Screenwriter: David Bischoff(****)

Starring Roles:
Jennifer Connelly(*****)

Supporting Roles:
Selma Hayek(*****)
Uma Thurman(*****)

Script to Film: ****
Advertising: ****

What We're Up Against:
New Line Cinemas - A G rated romatic comedy with Willem Defoe and Meg Ryan.
Universal Studios - An R rated romantic comedy with Donald Sutherland and Selma Hayek.
Warner Brothers - An R rated horror flick with Richard Gere.
MGM Pictures - A PG rated comedy with Antonio Banderas.
Dreamworks Pictures - An PG rated comedy with Charlie Sheen and Christopher Walken.
20th Century Fox - A PG-13 rated animation with Kirsten Dunst and Jeremy Sisto.

Domestic Box Office:
Universal Studios(19.26%) - $52,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(18.15%) - $49,000,000
New Line Cinemas(15.93%) - $43,000,000
Warner Brothers(15.56%) - $42,000,000
MGM Pictures(14.82%) - $40,000,000
20th Century Fox(13.34%) - $36,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(02.95%) - $7,956,000

Total Domestic Gross: $269,956,000

Foreign Box Office:
Dreamworks Pictures(20.54%) - $79,000,000
New Line Cinemas(18.98%) - $73,000,000
MGM Pictures(15.86%) - $61,000,000
20th Century Fox(15.08%) - $58,000,000
Warner Brothers(14.56%) - $56,000,000
Universal Studios(13.78%) - $53,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(01.20%) - $4,600,000

Total Foreign Gross: $384,600,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $3,978,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $1,930,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $2,300,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $7,065,000

Total Studio Revenue: $15,273,000
Total Expenses: $147,796,000
Total Revenue: ($132,523,000)

Old 07-05-2005, 06:52 PM   #23
Its Vanilla
High School JV

September 2006:
After what would be considered a disaster, I'm hoping to rebound this month. No one shall ever speak the words Virtual Pain again!

A Game of Chance has completed shooting and has gone into Post Production.

Party Quacka has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready to be released. It scores a 94% with test audiences. I decide on a March 2007 release.

To the Other Sea has finally gotten somewhere. A quick polish and it should be ready for casting.

Chevy Caprice has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready to be released. However, it doesn't do so hot, scoring an 85% with test audiences. I decide to have it re-edited.

Coldwater Canyon comes back and pretty much every aspect of the script still needs work. I send it back.

The Butler May Have Done It comes back. If it weren't for the script's horrendous dialogue, we'd be casting this month.

The first draft of Free Passage is terrible.

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(****) - Writing begins next month
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Coldwater Canyon(***) - Writing begins next month
Smokey and the Bandit(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
The Butler May Have Done It(***) - Writing begins next month
Force Three(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
Free Passage(*) - Writing begins next month
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
Graveyard Shift 2 - First Draft Screenplay

Pre-Production:
Cosmo(Animation)

Production:

Post Production:
A Game of Chance(Drama)
Chevy Caprice(Drama) - Re-Edit
SimCity(Drama)
Bon Voyage(Love Story)

Awaiting Release:
Trailblazers(Western) - October 2006
Party Quacka(Action Adventure Comedy) - March 2007
Old 07-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #24
Its Vanilla
High School JV

October 2006:
We're preparing for the release of Trailblazers this month.

The Poseidon Adventure is still causing heart-ache at the studio. It goes back out to the writers yet again.

To the Other Sea is polished, but still without any character development.

Chevy Caprice scores a whopping 86% in its latest screening. I decide to release it in December.

Set construction on Ice Palace has fallen behind schedule. I allow an additional $13 million to get them done.

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money is ready to be cast! I choose to shoot exteriors in the deserts of New Mexico, while doing the interiors on sound stage 20, with significant set construction. I budget $45 million for physical costs, $5 million for pyrotechnics and $5 million for stunts. I also budget $5 million for industry standard special effects.

-Johnny Depp and Eddie Murphy inquire about acting in the film. Michael Mann and Jan De Bont inquire about directing.

Smokey and the Bandit is still your average script. Not good.

Force Three comes back nothing less than amazing! It shall be cast! I decide to go big on this one. We will shoot in Los Angeles, doing interiors on location with complex set construction. I budget $55 million for physical costs, $10 million for pyrotechnics, and $8 million for stunts.

-Acting inquiries for the film include Hayden Christensen, Jim Carrey, Orlando Bloom, Michael Douglas, Ray Liotta, and Benecio Del Toro.
-Several people would also like to direct, including Robert Zemeckis, Wolfgang Petersen, and Alexander Payne.

I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy is still pretty weak at the moment.

Casting:
Code:
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money Lone Starr(Wilson) goes back to his gambling ways and ends up oweing the Space Senate a good bit of money. Meanwhile Dark Helmet(Myers)trains a young boy(Muniz) on the Ape Planet in the ways of the Schwartz, all in preparation for a final battle between good and evil. Director: Spike Jonze(Being John Malkovich) - $700K Producer: Bob Gale(Back to the Future) - $1.6 million Actor: Luke Wilson(Old School) - $50K(wasn't in the talent file) Actress: Liv Tyler(Lord of the Rings) - $6 million Actor: Mike Myers(Austin Powers) - $14 million Actor: Frankie Muniz(Aha!) - $800K Cameo: Mel Brooks(Spaceballs) as President Scroob and Yogurt
Code:
Force Three After one of their own(Banderas) becomes the leader of an international drug ring, 3 special ops agents(Diesel, Snipes, and Alba) must stop him from importing the world's newest, most powerful drug into the U.S. Director: Wolfgang Petersen(Troy) - $2.3 million Producer: Barrie M Osborne(Lord of the Rings) - $1.1 million Actor: Vin Diesel(XXX) - $11.5 million Actor: Wesley Snipes(Blade) - $10 million Actor: Antonio Banderas(Party Quacka) - $8 million Actress: Jessica Alba(Dark Angel) - $2.2 million Actress: Keira Knightly(King Arthur) - $2 million

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(****) - Writing begins next month
Coldwater Canyon(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Smokey and the Bandit(***) - Writing begins next month
The Butler May Have Done It(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Free Passage(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(***) - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
Cosmo(Animation)
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(Comedy Parody)
Force Three(Action Adventure)

Production:

Post Production:
A Game of Chance(Drama)
SimCity(Drama)
Bon Voyage(Love Story)

Awaiting Release:
Trailblazers(Western) - October 2006
Chevy Caprice(Drama) - December 2006
Old 07-05-2005, 08:24 PM   #25
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Trailblazers
Genre: Western

Theatres: 3,500
Negative Cost: $87,237,000
Print Cost: $5,000,000
TV Ads: $15,000,000
Print Ads: $15,000,000
Foreign P&A: $22,500,000
Foreign Ads: $22,500,000
Total P&A: $75,000,000
Total Negative Cost: $162,237,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Robert Simonds(****)
Director: Stephen Sommers(****)
Screenwriter: John Banks(****)

Starring Roles:
Harrison Ford(***)
Julianne Moore(*****)

Supporting Roles:
Orlando Bloom(*****)
Ryan Phillipe(*****)
Geena Davis(*****)
Katie Holmes(*****)

Production Budget:
Script to Film: *****
Advertising: *****

What We're Up Against:
New Line Cinemas - A PG rated drama with Jack Black, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Haley Joel Osment, and Jackie Chan.
Universal Studios - A G rated John Woo action adventure with Clive Owen, Jennifer Connelly, Jet Li, and Michael Douglas.
Warner Brothers - An PG rated comedy with Haley Joel Osment.
MGM Pictures - A PG rated mystery with Samuel L. Jackson, Rebecca Romjin, Christian Bale, and Willem Defoe.
Dreamworks Pictures - An G rated animation with Jude Law, Eva Mendes, Brian Cox, and Donald Sutherland.
20th Century Fox - An R rated Kevin Smith horror film with Brenden Fraser, Diane Lane, Jack Black, and Richard Gere.

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(27.08%) - $98,023,000
20th Century Fox(16.30%) - $59,000,000
Warner Brothers(15.74%) - $57,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(12.15%) - $44,000,000
New Line Cinemas(11.05%) - $40,000,000
Universal Studios(09.12%) - $33,000,000
MGM Pictures(08.56%) - $31,000,000

Total Domestic Gross: $362,023,000

Foreign Box Office:
New Line Cinemas(16.55%) - $73,000,000
Universal Studios(16.55%) - $73,000,000
MGM Pictures(15.64%) - $69,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(14.96%) - $66,000,000
20th Century Fox(14.96%) - $66,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(11.13%) - $49,112,000
Warner Brothers(10.20%) - $45,000,000

Total Foreign Gross: $441,112,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $49,011,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $22,645,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $24,556,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $6,485,000

Total Studio Revenue: $102,697,000
Total Expenses: $162,237,000
Total Revenue: ($59,540,000)
Old 07-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #26
Its Vanilla
High School JV

November 2006:
Cosmo has completed Pre-Production and has begun "shooting".

SimCity has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready for release. It scores a 92% with test audiences. I decide on a May 2007 release date.

Ice Palace needs another freaking $13 million to complete sets. I allow it.

Coldwater Canyon is still a work in progress.

The Butler May Have Done It is almost ready to go, but still needs a touch up.

Bon Voyage has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready for release. Even though it only scores an 87%, I decide to release it in February.

Free Passage has a lot wrong with it. It goes back to the writers.

I buy the rights to the novel Prince and Stone for $4.65 million. It's a suspense thriller comedy. The tagline is what got me. "He's a hairdresser, she's a cop. Together they fight crime." I send it out for a screenplay.

Scripts:
To the Other Sea(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
Smokey and the Bandit(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
The Butler May Have Done It(****) - Writing begins next month
Free Passage(**) - Writing begins next month
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Prince and Stone - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:

Production:
Cosmo(Animation)

Post Production:
A Game of Chance(Drama)

Awaiting Release:
Bon Voyage(Love Story) - February 2007
SimCity(Drama) - May 2007
Old 07-06-2005, 12:13 PM   #27
Its Vanilla
High School JV

December 2006:
A Game of Chance has been given an R rating and is ready for release. It scores a 93% with audiences and I slot it to open in April 2007.

The Poseidon Adventure comes back ready for a cast. I will shoot exteriors on location on a cruise ship in San Diego and interiors will be done on sound stage 11 with complex set construction. I budget $50 million for physical costs and $5 million for stunts. For special effects, I go with $5 million for industry standard, $10 million for state of the art, and $15 million for groundbreaking.
-Ian McKellan, Tara Reid, Kathy Bates, Demi Moore, Mena Suvari, and Elizabeth Hurley all express interest in the film.

To the Other Sea is ready for production. I decide to shoot exteriors at Yellowstone park, while the interiors will be shot on Sound Stage 22 with significant set construction. I budget $35 million for physical costs.

Cosmo has gone into Post Production.

A quick touch up for Smokey and the Bandit and it will be ready.

I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy is also almost ready to go.

Graveyard Shift 2 is a terrible script with great pace. It will only be direct to video, so I feel it's ready to go. The exteriors will be done on the Lake backlot and interiors on Sound Stage 18 with average set construction. I budget $10 million for physical costs.

I purchase the rights to the stageplay No Fortune Cookie Fortune. It is a romantic comedy with the tagline, "Dinner for four takes an interesting turn once the saki kicks in. It costs me $5.4 million.

Seeing an opportunity for a big budget horror film, I buy the novel Cleopatra's Ghost. In the book, a discovery along the Nile unleashes a long dead curse. It costs me $3.9 million.

Scripts:
Smokey and the Bandit(****) - Writing begins next month
The Butler May Have Done It(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
Free Passage(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(****) - Writing begins next month
Prince and Stone - First Draft Screenplay
No Fortune Cookie Fortune - Writing begins next month
Cleopatra's Ghost - Writing begins next month

Casting:
Code:
The Poseidon Adventure An underwater earthquake causes a tsunami, which flips a luxury cruise ship upside-down. The ship's reverand(Russell) must lead his daugther(Portman) and a group of survivors to freedom. Director: Roland Emmerich(Day After Tomorrow) - $3 million Producer: Neil H Moritz(XXX) - $2 million Actor: Kurt Russell(Miracle) - $10 million Actress: Gwyneth Paltrow(Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow) - $8.8 million Actor: Sean William Scott(The Rundown) - $4.8 million Actor: Cuba Gooding Jr(Pearl Harbour) - $4 million Actress: Elizabeth Hurley(Austin Powers) - $6.2 million Actress: Natalie Portman(Closer) - $2.4 million Cameo: Leslie Neilsen(The Poseidon Adventure - 1973) as Captain Harrison
Code:
To the Other Sea A story chronicling Thomas Jefferson(George Clooney)'s desire to send exlporers Meriwether Lewis(Bale) and William Clark(Bloom) west to the Pacific. Director: Gus Van Sant(Good Will Hunting) - $800K Producer: Colin Wilson(Amistad) - $700K Actor: George Clooney(Ocean's Twelve) - $17.3 million Actor: Christian Bale(Batman Begins) - $7 million Actor: Orlando Bloom(Trailblazers) - $5 million Actress: Carrie-Anne Moss(Matrix) - $7.3 million Actress: Elizabeth Shue(Hide and Seek) - $3 million
Code:
Graveyard Shift 2 The monster uncovered in Graveyard Shift has begun to attack the local town. It's up to the factory workers that unleashed it(Boreanaz, Koteas, and Sisto) to stop it. Director: David R. Ellis(Graveyard Shift) - $50K Producer: David R. Ellis Actor: David Boreanaz(Graveyard Shift) - $150K Actor: Elias Koteas(Graveyard Shift) - $200K Actor: Jeremy Sisto(Graveyard Shift) - $600 Actress: Sara Foster(D.E.B.S.) - $50K

Pre-Production:
The Poseidon Adventure(Action Adventure)
To the Other Sea(Historical Epic)
Graveyard Shift 2(Horror)

Production:

Post Production:
Cosmo(Animation)

Awaiting Release:
A Game of Chance(Drama) - April 2007

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 07-06-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #28
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Chevy Caprice
Genre: Drama
Two college buddies(Dunst, Kutcher) set out on a road trip after graduation.

Negative Cost: $36,757,000
Print Ads: $10,000,000
Foreign P&A: $18,300,000
Foreign Ads: $18,300,000
Total P&A: $61,000,000
Total Negative Cost: $97,757,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Florence Oliver(*****)
Director: Darren Aronofsky(*****)
Screenwriter: Bruce Murphy(**)

Starring Roles:
Kirsten Dunst(****)
Ashton Kutcher(***)

Supporting Roles:
Alicia Silverstone(*****)
Scarlett Johansson(****)
Eliza Dushku(****)

What We're Up Against:
New Line Cinemas - A PG rated mystery with James Franco, Kathy Bates, Wesley Snipes, and Christian Bale.
Universal Studios - A G rated action adventure with Hugo Weaving, Holly Marie Combs, Jack Nicholson, and Adam Sandler.
Warner Brothers - An R rated romantic comedy with Harrison Ford, Jennifer Lopez, Johnny Depp, and Pierce Brosnan.
MGM Pictures - A PG rated drama with Charlie Sheen, Lexa Doig, Daniel Radcliffe, and Jack Black.
Dreamworks Pictures - An PG-13 rated horror film with Willem Defoe, Monica Bellucci, Hugo Weaving, and Clive Owen.
20th Century Fox - An PG rated drama with Eddie Murphy, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Al Pacino, and Haley Joel Osment.

Domestic Box Office:
Dreamworks Pictures(21.92%) - $56,000,000
Warner Brothers(18.40%) - $47,000,000
Universal Studios(14.88%) - $38,000,000
MGM Pictures(14.09%) - $36,000,000
20th Century Fox(12.92%) - $33,000,000
New Line Cinemas(12.14%) - $31,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(05.65%) - $14,421,000

Total Domestic Gross: $255,421,000

Foreign Box Office:
20th Century Fox(20.57%) - $71,000,000
MGM Pictures(17.68%) - $61,000,000
New Line Cinemas(17.10%) - $59,000,000
Warner Brothers(15.94%) - $55,000,000
Universal Studios(14.78%) - $51,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(11.59%) - $40,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(02.34%) - $8,088,000

Total Foreign Gross: $345,088,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $7,210,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $6,227,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $4,044,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $6,881,000

Total Studio Revenue: $24,362,000
Total Expenses: $97,757,000
Total Revenue: ($73,395,000)

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 07-06-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #29
Its Vanilla
High School JV

January 2007:
It's Oscar nomination season. I nominate the following pictures for the following awards.
Virtual Pain - Best Picture, Best Actress(Jennifer Connelly), Best Supporting Actress(Salma Hayek)
Chevy Caprice - Best Picture, Best Director(Darren Aronofsky), Best Supporting Actress(Alicia Silverstone)
Trailblazers - Best Picture, Best Actress(Julianne Moore), Best Supporting Actor(Orlando Bloom)

I spend $5 million on promotional expenses.

Ice Palace has completed Pre-Production and has begun shooting.

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money has completed Pre-Production and has begun shooting.

Coldwater Canyon still needs some work before it's going to be produced.

God-awful dialogue is still plaguing The Butler May Have Done It.

Force Three has completed Pre-Production and has begun shooting.

Free Passage is getting better, but still needs a lot of work.

We have gone into the red.

Scripts:
Smokey and the Bandit(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
The Butler May Have Done It(****) - Writing begins next month
Free Passage(**) - Writing begins next month
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
No Fortune Cookie Fortune - First Draft Screenplay
Cleopatra's Ghost - First Draft Screenplay

Pre-Production:

Production:

Post Production:
Cosmo(Animation)

Awaiting Release:

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 08-01-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:10 PM   #30
Its Vanilla
High School JV

February 2007:
The following films are in the running for the following awards.
Chevy Caprice - Best Picture, Best Director(Darren Aronofsky), Best Supporting Actress(Alicia Silverstone)
Virtual Pain - Best Supporting Actress(Salma Hayek)

I spend $5 million on promotional expenses.

Smokey and the Bandit is ready to be cast. Exteriors will be done outside of Atlanta, Georgia, and interiors will be shot on Sound Stage 12 with average set construction. I budget $40 million for physical costs, $4 million for pyrotechnics, and $2 million for stunts.
-Alexander Payne and Adrian Lynn express interest in directing the movie.
-Eric Bana, Kevin Spacey, Brad Pitt, Jackie Chan, Hayden Christensen, and Viggo Mortensen express interest in starring in the film.

Force Three has gone over budget and needs an additonal $1 million. I allow it. Also, apparently some of the film was destroyed. I allow $6 million for reshoots.

I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy is still in need of some tweeks.

Scripts:
The Butler May Have Done It(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
Free Passage(**) - Screenplay Rewrite

Casting:
Code:
Smokey and the Bandit After accepting a friendly wager, The Bandit(Kutcher) and his truck driving friend Cletus(Timberlake) must run a truckload of beer from Texas to Georgia. On the way, Bandit picks up Carrie(Dunst), a bride who has just run out on her wedding to Junior(Green). Junior's father happens to be Texas Sheriff Buford T. Justice(DeNiro), who engages the Bandit in hot pursuit. Director: Frank Coraci(Aha!) - $500K Producer: Robert Simonds(Trailblazers) - $300K Actor: Ashton Kutcher(Chevy Caprice) - $7 million Actor: Justin Timberlake(Model Behavior) - $50K(not in talent file) Actress: Kirsten Dunst(Chevy Caprice) - $5 million Actor: Robert DeNiro(Meet the Fockers) - $15.1 million Actor: Seth Green(Austin Powers) - $1.7 million

Pre-Production:
Smokey and the Bandit(Comedy)

Production:

Post Production:
Cosmo(Animation)

Awaiting Release:

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 08-01-2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #31
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Bon Voyage
Genre: Love Story
A couple finds love on the open sea.

Theatres: 1,800
Negative Cost: $70,184,000
Print Cost: $3,600,000
TV Ads: $7,000,000
Print Ads: $1,000,000
Radio Ads: $4,500,000
Foreign P&A: $12,075,000
Foreign Ads: $12,075,000
Total P&A: $40,250,000
Total Negative Cost: $70,184,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Mike Newell(*****)
Director: Kenneth Branagh(***)
Screenwriter: Carey DeVuono(****)

Starring Roles:
Christian Bale(*****)
Jennifer Garner(***)

Supporting Roles:
Ian McKellan(****)
Donald Sutherland(****)
Meryl Streep(*****)
Evan Rachel Wood(****)

Production Budget: ****
Advertising: **

What We're Up Against:
New Line Cinemas - A PG-13 animation with Bruce Campbell and Sandra Bullock.
Universal Studios - A PG rated horror flick with Laurence Fishburne and Lindsay Lohan.
Warner Brothers - A PG-13 animation with Russell Crowe.
MGM Pictures - An R rated M. Night Shyamalan suspense thriller with Brendan Fraser and Jessica Biel.
Dreamworks Pictures - An R rated romantic comedy with Sean Penn and Jodie Foster.
20th Century Fox - A PG-13 animation with Cuba Gooding Jr.

Domestic Box Office:
20th Century Fox(19.65%) - $58,000,000
MGM Pictures(16.94%) - $50,000,000
New Line Cinemas(16.60%) - $49,000,000
Universal Studios(14.23%) - $42,000,000
Warner Brothers(12.54%) - $37,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(11.52%) - $34,000,000
Wynsok Entertainment(08.51%) - $25,114,000

Total Domestic Gross: $295,114,000

Foreign Box Office:
Universal Studios(21.26%) - $74,000,000
Warner Brothers(20.69%) - $72,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(16.09%) - $56,000,000
New Line Cinemas(13.79%) - $48,000,000
MGM Pictures(12.35%) - $43,000,000
20th Century Fox(12.07%) - $42,000,000
Wynsok Studios(03.76%) - $13,077,000

Total Foreign Gross: $348,077,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $12,557,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $10,773,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $6,538,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $6,537,000

Total Studio Revenue: $36,405,000
Total Expenses: $110,434,000
Total Revenue: ($74,029,000)

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 08-01-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #32
Its Vanilla
High School JV

March 2007:
The Academy Awards are held.
Selma Hayek wins Best Supporting Actress for her role in Virtual Pain.
-We receive $14 million in additional revenue.

I am needed back at the office right away. Set construction for The Poseidon Adventure is proving difficult. I allow another $10 million to be spent. The movie has now begun filming.

To the Other Sea has gone into production.

Cosmo has completed production. It has been rated G and receives a test score of 88%. I decide on a June 2007 release.

Ice Palace has fallen behind schedule and needs $3 million to finish shooting. I allow it, bringing the total increase in costs to $29 million. The film goes into post production.

Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money has gone into post production.

Coldwater Canyon comes back. It continues to irritate me that this movie is making no progress. It goes back to the writers.

The Butler May Have Done It comes back ready to be casted. I decide to shoot on the Big City backlot, doing interiors on Sound Stage 15 with average set construction. I budget $25 million for physical costs.

Force Three needs an additional $2 million to finish production. I allow it. It actually ends up costing around $6 million.

Free Passage comes back still needing a lot of work.

Graveyard Shift 2 has begun filming.

Prince and Stone is a bi-polar script at the moment. Some great, some awful. It goes back to the writers.

I also get writers stared on Power Grid, a suspense thriller. A series of events at a nuclear powerplant could lead to a meltdown.

Scripts:
Free Passage(***) - Writing bgeins next month
Prince and Stone - Writing begins next month

Casting:
Code:
The Butler May Have Done It A murder investigation led by a cop(Fraser) and his partner(Murphy) leads them to the U.S. School for Butlers. The Dean(Campbell), a Professor(Ferrell), and two co-eds(Dusku, Moore) suceed in making their investigation more difficult. Director: Neil LaBute(Nurse Betty) - $100K Producer: Brett Poole(TV) - $300K Actor: Brendan Fraser(Blast From the Past) - $12 million Actress: Brittany Murphy(Aha!) - $3.5 million Actor: Bruce Campbell(Army of Darkness) - $1 million Actor: Will Ferrell(Anchorman) - $50K(Not in Talent File) Actress: Eliza Dushku(Bring it On) - $800K Actress: Mandy Moore(Chasing Liberty) - $2 million

Pre-Production:
The Butler May Have Done It(Comedy)

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Cosmo(Animation) - June 2007
Old 08-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #33
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Party Quacka
Genre: Action Adventure Comedy
After their mother(Bates) is kidnapped, the Party Quacka(Chan) must reunite with his twin brother(Schwarzenegger) to stop an evil madman(Banderas) from taking over the world.

Theatres: 3,000
Print Cost: $6,000,000
Print Ads: $4,000,000
Radio Ads: $5,000,000
Foreign P&A: $18,750,000
Foreign Ads: $18,750,000
Total P&A: $62,500,000
Total Negative Cost: $100,906,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Mark Gordan(*****)
Director: Quentin Tarantino(*****)
Screenwriter: Stephen King(***)

Starring Roles:
Jackie Chan(***)
Arnold Schwarzenegger(*****)

Supporting Roles:
Antonio Banderas(*****)
Kathy Bates(*****)

Production Budget:

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(24.99%) - $93,287,000
MGM Pictures(15.27%) - $57,000,000
20th Century Fox(15.00%) - $56,000,000
Universal Studios(13.39%) - $50,000,000
Warner Brothers(13.13%) - $49,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(09.91%) - $37,000,000
New Line Cinemas(08.30%) - $31,000,000

Total Domestic Gross: $373,287,000

Foreign Box Office:
New Line Cinemas(19.75%) - $79,000,000
20th Century Fox(19.25%) - $77,000,000
Wynsok Studios(14.02%) - $56,086,000
MGM Pictures(13.50%) - $54,000,000
Warner Brothers(11.75%) - $47,000,000
Dreamworks Pictures(11.25%) - $45,000,000
Universal Studios(10.50%) - $42,000,000

Total Foreign Gross: $400,086,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $46,643,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $39,747,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $28,043,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $11,317,000

Total Studio Revenue: $125,750,000
Total Expenses: $163,406,000
Total Revenue: ($37,656,000)
Old 08-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #34
Its Vanilla
High School JV

April 2007:
The Poseidon Adventure needs another $3 million because of shooting delays. I allow it, bringing the total increase in costs to $13 million. It also needs another $3 million, bringing the total to $16 million. The film goes into post production.

To the Other Sea decides to jump on the bandwagon and needs $2 million. I allow it. The film goes into post production.

I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy is still in need of a few tweeks.

Graveyard Shift 2 has gone into post production.

No Fortune Cookie Fortune comes back pretty darn good, but it could be better.

Cleopatra's Ghost needs a lot of work.

I get the writers started on Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocence.

Scripts:
Free Passage(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Prince and Stone(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
No Fortune Cookie Fortune(****) - Writing begins next month
Cleopatra's Ghost -
Power Grid - First Draft Screenplay

Pre-Production:

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Old 08-07-2005, 04:50 PM   #35
Its Vanilla
High School JV

A Game of Chance
A foolish dare leads to tragedy and death.

Theatres: 1,500
Print Cost: $3,000,000
Print Ads: $3,000,000
Radio Ads: $4,000,000
Foreign P&A: $15,000,000
Foreign Ads: $15,000,000
Total P&A: $50,500,000
Total Negative Cost: $38,386,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Herbert Schiller(***)
Director: David Lynch(*****)
Screenwriter: Stephanie Perry(***)

Starring Roles:
Hayden Christensen(****)
Jessica Alba(***)

Supporting Roles:
Jeremy Sisto(***)
Jessica Biel(*****)

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(03.60%) - $10,609,000

Total Domestic Gross: $294,609,000

Foreign Box Office:
Wynsok Studios(06.06%) - $21,551,000

Total Foreign Gross: $355,551,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $5,304,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $18,664,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $10,775,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $11,413,000

Total Studio Revenue: $46,156,000
Total Expenses: $88,386,000
Total Revenue: ($42,230,000)
Old 08-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #36
Its Vanilla
High School JV

May 2007:
Ice Palace better be freaking amazing when it comes out because it needs another $15 million for special effects. I allow it, bringing the cost to date for this film to $200,909,000.

Coldwater Canyon is ready to be cast. I decide to shoot on the Lake backlot, doing interiors on Sound Stage 11 with average set construction. I budget $20 million for physical costs.

Smokey and the Bandit has completed pre-production and has begun shooting.

Free Passage needs a few more tweaks.

Prince and Stone is suffering from horrendous dialogue.

I get the writers started on Revolution. A rebel leader conjures up a plot to overthrow the dictator of his Carribbean island.

Scripts:
Free Passage(***) - Writing begins next month
Prince and Stone(***) - Writing begins next month
No Fortune Cookie Fortune(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
Cleopatra's Ghost - Screenplay Rewrite
Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocence - First Draft Screenplay
Revolution - Writing begins next month

Casting:
Code:
Coldwater Canyon In the hills of Los Angeles, a struggling writer(Farrell) acts out his latest murder mystery. Director: Roger Michell(Changing Lanes) - $100K Producer: Florence Oliver(TV) - $50K Actor: Colin Farrell(Alexander) - $8 million Actress: Rachel Weisz(Constantine) - $5 million Actor: Heath Ledger(The Patriot) - $2 million Actress: Hillary Swank(Million Dollar Baby) - $3 million

Pre-Production:
Coldwater Canyon(Suspense Thriller)

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Old 08-07-2005, 05:27 PM   #37
Its Vanilla
High School JV

SimCity
A man is thrown into the world he's created on his computer, and is mistaken for God.

Theatres: 2,300
Print Cost: $4,600,000
TV Ads: $12,500,000
Print Ads: $4,000,000
Radio Ads: $6,000,000
Foreign P&A: $20,325,000
Foreign Ads: $20,325,000
Total P&A: $67,750,000
Total Negative Cost: $60,596,000

The star ratings did not show up for this film.

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(21.26%) - $63,181,000
-We top the Box Office

Total Domestic Gross: $297,181,000

Foreign Box Office:
Wynsok Studios(08.61%) - $33,048,000

Total Foreign Gross: $384,048,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $31,590,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $26,953,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $16,524,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $7,008,000

Total Studio Revenue: $82,075,000
Total Expenses: $128,346,000
Total Revenue: ($46,271,000)
Old 08-07-2005, 05:41 PM   #38
Its Vanilla
High School JV

June 2007:
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready for release. It scores a 92% with audiences. I decide on an October release.

Smokey and the Bandit is having some trouble with egos on the set. Another month will be needed to complete shooting.

The Butler May Have Done It has begun shooting.

Force Three has been given an R rating and is ready for release. It scores a 95% with audiences. I decide on a July release, hoping to make some money back.

I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy is ready, but I'm going to wait until at least next month to cast.

No Fortune Cookie Fortune has a little while to go yet.

Cleopatra's Ghost is coming along nicely.

Scripts:
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(****) - No production budget
Prince and Stone(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Cleopatra's Ghost(***) - Writing begins next month
Revolution - First Draft Screenplay

Pre-Production:

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Force Three(Action Adventure) - July 2007
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(Comedy Parody) - October 2007

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 08-07-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #39
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Cosmo
Genre: Traditional Animation
After accidently being left behind on a camping trip, a family
dog(Black) must befriend the creatures of the forest
(Oldman, Pfieffer) to find his way home..

Theatres: 2,000
Print Cost: $4,000,000
TV Ads: $8,500,000
Print Ads: $3,000,000
Radio Ads: $4,000,000
Foreign P&A: $14,625,000
Foreign Ads: $14,625,000
Total P&A: $48,750,000
Total Negative Cost: $39,556,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Tony Morgan(*****)
Director: Alexander Payne(****)
Screenwriter: Steve Perry(**)

Starring Roles:
Jack Black(****)

Supporting Roles:
Gary Oldman(****)
Michelle Pfieffer(*****)

Production Budget: *****

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(13.14%) - $42,522,000

Total Domestic Gross: $323,522,000

Foreign Box Office:
Wynsok Studios(17.37%) - $76,964,000
-We top the foreign box office.

Total Foreign Gross: $442,964,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $21,261,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $75,322,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $38,482,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $41,377,000

Total Studio Revenue: $176,452,000
Total Expenses: $88,306,000
Total Revenue: $88,146,000
Old 08-08-2005, 07:31 PM   #40
Its Vanilla
High School JV

July 2007:
Special Effects for The Poseidon Adventure are proving difficult and will require another $30 million. I allow it, bringing the total cost of the film to $176,454,000.

To the Other Sea has been given an R rating and is ready for release. I am not happy with this and have it changed to PG-13. It scores an 88% with audiences. I decide on a November release.

Egos continue to run rampant on the set of Smokey and the Bandit. $13 million and one more month is needed to complete production. I allow it.

The Butler May Have Done It has gone into post production.

Free Passage goes back to the writers.

Graveyard Shift 2 has been given an R rating and is ready for release. It scores a 69% with audiences. I slate it for a September release, but I don't know how to go about it. I originally planned on it being direct-to-video, hence it only costing $11 million to make. However, with recent losses from the studio, I could still have it go to the big screen to make some money back. It could be shown on 1,200 screens. I don't know what to do.

Prince and Stone is ready to be cast. I decide to shoot on the Big City backlot, doing interiors on sound stage 35 with average set construction. I budget $25 million for physical costs, $1 million for pyrotechnics, and $2 million for stunts.

Power Grid is pretty not good and goes back to the writers.

Actor Mel Brooks states that his appearance in Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money will be his last. He has retired from film.

[i]I get the writers started on a drama, called Hindenburg. In it, a couple finds love on the doomed airship.

Scripts:
Free Passage(***) - Writing begins next month
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(****) - No production budget
Cleopatra's Ghost(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Power Grid(*) - Writing begins next month
Hindenburg - Writing begins next month

Casting:
Code:
Prince and Stone After a detective(Thurman) disappears, her hairdresser husband(Stiller) goes undercover to find her. He discovers an underground world of crime. The head of the organization(Walken) then sends an assassin(Alba) after him. Director: Stephen Daldry(Everest) - $100K Producer: Simon Franks(Bend it Like Beckham) - $100K Actor: Ben Stiller(Aha!) - $6.5 million Actress: Uma Thurman(Virtual Pain) - $5 million Actor: Christopher Walken(The Rundown) - $5.2 million Actress: Jessica Alba(A Game of Chance) - $2.2 million

Pre-Production:
Prince and Stone(Suspense Thriller Comedy)

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Force Three(Action Adventure) - July 2007
Graveyard Shift 2(Horror) - September 2007
To the Other Sea(Historical Epic) - November 2007
Old 08-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #41
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Force Three
Genre: Action Adventure
After one of their own(Banderas) becomes the leader of an
international drug ring, 3 special ops agents(Diesel, Snipes,
and Alba) must stop him from importing the world's newest,
most powerful drug into the U.S.

Theatres: 3,500
Print Cost: $7,000,000
TV Ads: $12,500,000
Radio Ads: $7,000,000
Foreign P&A: $23,625,000
Foreign Ads: $23,625,000
Total P&A: $78,750,000
Total Negative Cost: $128,966,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: Barry M Osborne(***)
Director: Wolfgang Petersen(*****)
Screenwriter: Steven McShane(*****)

Starring Roles:
Vin Diesel(***)
Wesley Snipes(***)

Supporting Roles:
Antonio Banderas(****)
Jessica Alba(****)
Keira Knightley(*****)

Production Budget:

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(28.39%) - $105,464,000
-We top the domestic box office.

Total Domestic Gross: $371,464,000

Foreign Box Office:
Wynsok Studios(12.11%) - $53,322,000

Total Foreign Gross: $440,322,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $52,732,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $25,512,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $26,666,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $7,773,000

Total Studio Revenue: $112,683,000
Total Expenses: $207,716,000
Total Revenue: ($95,033,000)
Old 08-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #42
Its Vanilla
High School JV

August 2007:
The Poseidon Adventure has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready for release. It scores a 97% with audiences. I decide on a June 2008 release.

Coldwater Canyon has begun shooting.

No Fortune Cookie Fortune still needs some work.

Cleopatra's Ghost has gotten very good, but it can still be better.

Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocense isn't near what would be considered good yet.

I decide to cast I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy. We will shoot on the Main Street, USA backlot, doing interiors on sound stage 17 with average set construction. I budget $15 million for physical costs.

Scripts:
Cleopatra's Ghost(****) - Writing begins next month
Power Grid(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocence(*) - Writing begins next month
Hindenburg - First Draft Screenplay

Casting:
Code:
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy A freak snowstorm traps the customers of a midwestern department store. It us up to the employee of the month(Muniz) to lead his girlfriend(Christensen)and her friend(Wood) to safety. On the way, he encounters his ex-girlfriend(Dushku) and her new boyfriend - his best friend(Green). Director: Mike Figgis(Leaving Las Vegas) - $100K Producer: James Earlman(TV) - $100K Actor: Frankie Muniz(Aha!) - $800K Actress: Erika Christensen(Traffic) - $1.8 million Actress: Eliza Dushku(Chevy Caprice) - $800K Actress: Evan Rachel Wood(Thirteen) - $700K Actor: Seth Green(Austin Powers) - $1.7 million

Pre-Production:
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(Comedy) - Awaiting Green Light(Seth Green is currently filming Smokey and the Bandit.)

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
The Poseidon Adventure(Action Adventure) - June 2008
Old 08-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #43
Its Vanilla
High School JV

September 2007:
Ice Palace has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready for release. It scores across the board 99%s with audiences. I decide on a July release.

Production on Coldwater Canyon is falling behind. I "OK" $3 million to get it back on track. The film completes shooting.

Smokey and the Bandit finally wraps up shooting.

I send Free Passage for a polish.

Power Grid is looking a lot better, but I still send it back.

Pretty much everything in Revolution needs work, so it goes back.

Leslie Neilsen announces that his appearance as the captain in The Poseidon Adventure will be his last film.

I Greenlight I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy.

I get the writers started on a sequel to Cosmo entitled Cosmo 2: Return to the Forest.

Scripts:
Free Passage(****) - Writing begins next month
Cleopatra's Ghost(****) - Screenplay Rewrite
Power Grid(***) - writing begins next month
Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocence(*) - Screenplay Rewrite
Revolution(**) - Writing begins next month
Cosmo 2: Return to the Forest - Writing begins next month

Pre-Production:
I Was a Teen-Age Bagboy(Comedy)

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Ice Palace(Science Fiction) - July 2008
Old 08-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #44
Ironhead
College Prospect

Not saying this sarcastically, but how long can you go on losing money like this? How deep are you in the red?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:22 PM   #45
Its Vanilla
High School JV

I feel that the game is very hard to make money on. It seems like you need to release a blockbuster every month. I've been trying to cut back extensively on the budgets of my movies(with Ice Palace, The Poseidon Adventure, and Smokey and the Bandit as my exceptions). I'm not sure how much money the game lets you lose either.

Currently, I'm $561,187,000 in the hole.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #46
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Vanilla
I feel that the game is very hard to make money on. It seems like you need to release a blockbuster every month. I've been trying to cut back extensively on the budgets of my movies(with Ice Palace, The Poseidon Adventure, and Smokey and the Bandit as my exceptions). I'm not sure how much money the game lets you lose either.

Currently, I'm $561,187,000 in the hole.

Here's a few tips for you to get out of that hole.

#1. Your money-makers will always be the Action Adventure and Science Fiction flicks. Release them during the Summer Months (May, June, July) and Christmas (Dec). Make sure your budget for the movies are about $60-80 mil. Spend about 15 mil on TV and Newspaper, and 5 mil on Radio Ads.

#2. NEVER give out points. NEVER EVER.

#3. Comedies will usually earn you money if released in January.

#4. Dramas and Love Stories are not money-makers... well, not always. I use my dramas and Love Stories to rack up Trophies during Awards Night.

#5. Suspense Thrillers are an interesting Genre, they will usually flop real bad, or earn big money.

Hope you get back in the black!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #47
Its Vanilla
High School JV

October 2007:
I decide to push back the release of Graveyard Shift 2. I slate it for an October release, and decide to have it sent to theatres, instead of direct to video.

The release of Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money is moved to January 2008.

The Butler May Have Done It has been given a PG-13 rating and is ready for release. It scores a 96% with audiences. I currently have it slated for a May 2008 release.

Free Passage still needs a bit more work.

Prince and Stone will begin Production this month.

No Fortune Cookie Fortune is ready to be cast. I decide to shoot the film on location in Los Angeles. I budget $20 million for physical costs.

Cleopatra's Ghost goes back to writers.

Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocense is coming along nicely.

Director Larry Franco passes away.

I get the writers started on a historical epic, entitled Vesuvius.

Scripts:
Free Passage(****) - Writing begins next month
Cleopatra's Ghost(****) - Writing begins next month
Power Grid(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocence(***) - Writing begins next month
Revolution(**) - Screenplay Rewrite
Cosmo 2: Return to the Forest - Writing begins next month
Vesuvius - Writing begins next month

Casting:
Code:
No Fortune Cookie Fortune Dinner for four takes an interesting turn once the saki kicks in. Director: Darren Aronofsky(Chevy Caprice) - $50K Producer: Tony Morgan(Cosmo) - $200K Actor: Jude Law(Alfie) - $8.7 million Actress: Kate Winslet(Finding Neverland) - $5.5 million Actress: Katie Holmes(Trailblazers) - $1.2 million Actor: Ryan Phillipe(Trailblazers) - $1.7 million

Pre-Production:
No Fortune Cookie Fortune(Comedy)

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Graveyard Shift 2(Horror) - October 2007
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(Comedy Parody) - January 2008
The Butler May Have Done It(Comedy) - May 2008

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 08-09-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:19 AM   #48
Its Vanilla
High School JV

Graveyard Shift 2
Genre: Horror
The monster escapes its tomb in the factory and it is up to those that have battled it before to save the city.

TV Ads: $2,500,000
Print Ads: $500,000
Radio Ads: $500,000
Foreign P&A: $4,425,000
Foreign Ads: $4,425,000
Total P&A: $14,750,000
Total Negative Cost: $11,242,000

Overall Performance:
Producer: David R Ellis(****)
Director: David R Ellis(***)
Screenwriter: Larry March(****)

Starring Roles:
David Boreanaz(***)

Supporting Roles:
Elias Koteas(***)
Jeremy Sisto(****)
Sara Foster(****)

Production Budget:

Domestic Box Office:
Wynsok Entertainment(08.15%) - $21,303,000

Total Domestic Gross: $261,303,000

Foreign Box Office:
Wynsok Studios(07.13%) - $29,261,000

Total Foreign Gross: $410,261,000

Final Breakdown:
Domestic
Studio Rental Revenue: $10,651,000
Domestic Ancillaries: $16,191,000
Foreign
Studio Rental Revenue: $14,630,000
Foreign Ancillaries: $8,878,000

Total Studio Revenue: $50,350,000
Total Expenses: $25,992,000
Total Revenue: $24,358,000

Notes: The first "Graveyard Shift" grossed a worldwide total of ~$5 million.

Last edited by Its Vanilla : 08-09-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #49
Its Vanilla
High School JV

November 2007:
Free Passage is ready to be cast, but I'm going to hold off for a couple months.

Prince and Stone has gone into Post-Production.

Cleopatra's Ghost is ready to be cast. The film will be shot on location in Egypt. I budget $25 million for physical costs and $2.5 million each for pyrotechnics and stunts. For special effects, I give $1 million for industry standard, $1.5 million for groundbreaking, and $3 million for state of the art.

I send Power Grid out for a polish.

Revolution gets sent back out.

The first draft of Hindenburg comes back with amazing character development and arc and awful everything else.

I get the writers started on Burnin' Rubber, a comedy set in the world of NASCAR.

Scripts:
Free Passage(****) - No production budget
Power Grid(****) - Writing begins next month
Party Quacka 2: Indecent Innocence(***) - Screenplay Rewrite
Revolution(**) - Writing begins next month
Hindenburg(**) - Writing begins next month
Cosmo 2: Return to the Forest - First Draft Screenplay
Vesuvius - First Draft Screenplay
Burnin' Rubber - Writing begins next month

Casting:
Code:
Cleopatra's Ghost A discovery along the Nile unleashes a long dead curse. Director: Alex Proyas(Dark City) - $100K Producer: Peter MacGregor-Scott(Batman Forever) - $300K Actor: Ethan Hawke(Assault on Precinct 13) - $8 million Actress: Keira Knightley(Force Three) - $2.1 million Actor: James Franco(Spiderman) - $2 million Actress: Kristianna Loken(Terminator 3) - $1.2 million

Pre-Production:
No Fortune Cookie Fortune(Romantic Comedy)
Cleopatra's Ghost(Horror)

Production:

Post Production:

Awaiting Release:
Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money(Comedy Parody) - January 2008
The Butler May Have Done It(Comedy) - May 2008
Old 08-09-2005, 05:42 PM   #50
Ironhead
College Prospect

Releasing Graveyard Shift 2 in October near Halloween probably boosted it's ticket sales.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote