Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Arrow Xbox 360: NCAA Football 07 Online "Dynasty"

So after playing several fun online games of NCAA 07 with my fellow FOFC'ers, I figured I'd like to post them on here as a quasi-dynasty.

My Gamertag on Live 360 is KingNeb and I will try and put my opponent's FOFC/Live name on here. I will list my team with *** next to it and I'll also put the scores and some notes from the game. Anyone can challenge me to become part of this dynasty (and if you win by multiple TD's, the story will be relegated to page 6)

Game #1 vs EaglesFan

USC 14
Ohio State 49***

My first online football game in 3 years was a wild one and I won by a lot. I was a lucky jerk this game because my Ohio State team had FIVE INT's! The first drive EaglesFan drove right down the field and scored in like 6 plays with a talented USC team and I was freaking out. I was able to answer back with a score, and then the INT's started. Overall, I returned two of the INT's for TD's. Honestly, I think that only one or two of his INT's were "bad throws," but my DB's made some insane plays to get the rest of them. Against the AI I'm #1 in the nation in turnover margin, and most of them are INT's. It was weird, cuz I made that comment on his second possession and he threw a pick two plays later.

In the end, too many INT's and a good game by Troy Smith was too much. I look forward to a rematch with a few less INT's

kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Game #2 vs bearcat

UTEP 19
Arkansas 14***

What a close game! Again I got off to a bad start and was down early in this one. I was lucky enough to hold him to FG's on a couple of trips to the red zone, including one TO I had in his red zone. I ended up down at the half 13-0. I came out smokin' in the third quarter and scored two quick TD's to take the lead 14-13!!! It was a back and forth kind of game, but I had a mediocre punt and he had a great return and it set up his final TD with about a minute to play. He missed the 2-point conversion.

I returned the kickoff to about the 25 yard line. I then threw a hail mary to Ted Ginn...and THREE defenders!!! It was under :30 so I had to take a chance. I threw the lob pass up and his CB juggled the pass and dropped it...right into Ginn's hands! It ended up as like a 60 yard completion and I was on his 25 yard line with about :20 left. He had been blitzing all game and I had another pass play called. So I rolled out with Troy Smith to avoid the blitz and I saw my WR wide open running a fly route to the end zone! I threw a bullet pass and it was intercepted by his LB Spy! NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I guess I shoulda put a little touch on the pass, but I wanted to zing it in there since my WR had to worry about the safety who was playing back.

I was really happy overall though. It was tough playing with a team other than Ohio State (the only team I had played before that). I made some good adjustments in the second-half and almost pulled out the win. Next time!

Online record: 1-1
Old 07-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Game #3 vs Raiders Army

Auburn 14
Ohio State 14***

Well, we played a game around 4:30 AM EST and the servers went down for maintenance right after I tied the score. It was terrible, because I was down 7-0 and Troy Smith was running toward the end zone and fumbled it on the 1 yard line! I was quite disappointed and it really knocked the wind out of me for most of the first half. He scored again and I found myself down 14-0 in the early going.

I scored a TD right before the half to make it a respectable 14-7. I came out of the gates hot again in the 3rd quarter. Troy Smith was unstoppable and he had two runs of 20+ yards on the game-tying drive. I kicked the ball off with the score tied at 14-14. The next play, the servers went down

We'll play the "second half" another time and hopefully I can continue the momentum I was building that game.

Online Record: 1-1-1
Old 07-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Exclamation

Game #4 at bearcat

Iowa State 57***
Wake Forest 27

His big passing plays were killing me early on. At one point his QB was 6-12 for 190+ yards. I was barely ahead at the half, mostly due to fantastic running by my optioning QB. My QB also improvised a lot on passing plays for sizeable gains. I was up at halftime like 19-17 (more points than ALL of our last game).

The second half was just crazy, as I mostly shut down his long-passing game. His QB ended like 9-26 for 230 yds and 3 TD's. My QB also threw for 3 TD's. I had the ball inside the red zone 7 times and got 6 TD's&1 FG out of it. The worst was when I was up 50-27 and his QB was sacked and fumbled it inside his 20. Ouch baby.

He did block my first XP of the game and I was freaking out. Thankfully it didn't cost me (this game). Overall my option game was just too much this time. I look forward to a rematch.

I almost feel like I'm cheating by using a QB who can scramble. His QB was rolling out all game and I didn't stop that until the second half (after he had scored three times).

Maybe next time I'll use a traditional "pocket passer" and I'll see how I do.

Online record: 2-1-1