Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
gi
College Prospect

Yankee Mayhem in Oxford, England a FM2008 Dynasty

An idea for a dynasty like this was floated around the board and I thought it would refresh me to FM2008 (Though I’m using WSM 2008). So I will start my first dynasty and see how things go. The premise is that I inherited/earned around a billon dollars and used it to purchase an England football club. I made some changes so let’s see what happens.

Details on how I customized the database:

I choose the City of Oxford to relocate my new team since I do like Oxford United and there are not too many teams here. I decided to purchase the retired stadium, The Manor Ground (Oxford United’s old one) and renovate it. For the club, I choose Altrincham, a semi-professional team that has debt. For role-playing lets assume the bank called their debt and they looked to sell the team.

So with my new found money, here is what I did to the stadium.

Name changed to Splenda Field, I enjoy soda with Splenda and will sell the naming rights to them.
Renovations: Capacity 12,000, Seating Capacity 10,000, Expansion Capacity 20,000
Pitch: Installed Synthetic
I was also able to convince the National U21 Team to have minor matches here because everything is renovated.
I had a cover installed and have undersoil heating.

I’m young, naïve, and flush with cash. Let us go all out.

On to the club changes:

I agreed to leave all of Altrincham's records and names behind. I rename the club: Mayhem and the nickname is The Chaos. I love the chaos theory. The team is then founded in 2008

I set reputation to 3000 because of the move and the news about my takeover which falls in the middle of the pack for a League 2 team. I invest in the best for Training facilities and a youth academy. I set the bank balance to $10 Million, Transfer at $100,000, and Remaining Wage at $10,000. All players and staff were dismissed. The chairman was renamed to my wife and the club is checked for Sugar Daddy.

Game setup: I am not using real players, a bunch of nations are view only, database size is large.

I will not be using all of these resources so that I do not lose too much money. I’ve also seen where you set numbers in the editor and once you start the game using this database, the numbers change. I have no hardcore fans and I think generating revenue will be difficult. It should be challenging in the beginning with an empty cupboard and I’d like to see where this club goes. My hope is that I eventually make it to the Premiership. The dynasty will end if I am sacked.

Hopefully you all will follow and enjoy it as well. Starting out, I will concentrate on giving details on why I did things and what my thoughts are. I will not be giving great detail on every game and will most likely summarize things in a monthly report. As things go, I might change how I report things. Feedback is always welcome.

On to the first season!

Last edited by gi : 07-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
gi
College Prospect

July to August

For some reason I couldn't rename the Chairman, even though I tried 4 times...oh well..Chairman Brad Edwards welcomes me. They want me to have the team doing respectable in League 2 in four years. Not too bad. I am expected to win promotion this year, so the Transfer Budget is set at 23.5M and wage is at 350K p/w. Very high numbers that I won't even approach. I will try to spend money securing a good staff. So on to getting a staff put together.

I like my AD to be able to evaluate talent, both current ability and potential. Anything after that is gravy. I find Keith Webber, a youth coach at Man City. He likes to use the 4-4-2, is defensive, and likes to close down. Judging Player Ability and Potential is at 20. He can also work with youngsters (18) and can motivate (17). He asks for 1 year at $1,900/w, I offer him 4 years at $2,500/week. With his National Rep, I think this could help the team. I will have to pay $400,000 to Man City if he accepts, so the rest of my staff might have to come cheaper.

I make a lot of offers to staff members that are decent (good at this level) and give them all 2 year contracts for a slight bump in wage. I target Goalkeeper coach as a must have and made an offer for one at another team with a buyout around 60K.

Not too many scouts want to join Mayhem, so I target those that have high ratings in current ability evaluation. I made offers to two good scouts at this level, and I made an offer to an unemployed scout that will watch next opposition.

There is a stud Physio with 20 that is unemployed and willing to join my team. I bump up his offer to 3K/week and give him a long contract offer.

Now I have to wait to have scouts to put together a team.

I have a new AD in Keith Webber. Pricey move, but I'm hoping to keep him long term.

My first scout signs, who at 73 years old, should know a lot about scouting...hopefully he can survive the 2 year contract. I now will target players for him to give me reports on. I will start at GK and Defense.

July 8th
I get four more coaches and one more scout to join up with us. I'm getting scouting reports in on the players I targeted. Some I make offers, some I don't. I'll put up a roster when the roster is final and give brief descriptions if they sign before hand.

July 9th
Two more coaches sign up, including a great GK coach at 18. I also get that 10/10 scout for my next opposition.
Oh and I just remembered to set the AM to take control and schedule friendly’s. I set him up to run the Youth and Reserve teams as well.

I also did something right when Matthew Smart (20 Physio) takes my offer over Leeds, Hull, and West Ham. Sweet!

July 15th
After a ton of offers, etc. I get my first two players on the team. A DC named Holmes and a MC named Dixon. I'm targeting players in the 1 million to 200k range with some exceptions.

July 16th
I make a board request for a parent club. It'll be nice to have those loan players.

July 17th
Got a young kid, Hughes, who is DR/MC to sign, an outstanding GK, Fedorenko, who had to get a temp work permit, and a ST named Walsh. The fans went crazy when we signed Walsh. Should be wrapping up signing soon, though I'll be combing the transfer market until it ends. I'm going to be looking a potential loan targets soon too.

We also had our first friendly today and crushed Sutton United (BSP) 5 to 0

July 19th
Signed a ST/MC Mike Hussey, DC Chris Rooney, DC Dermot Cunningham, and DR Steve Ellams

I'm at the point where anyone would be better than what I have, which is just youth players. So I'll post the whole team when I'm done signing, unless I make a big splash.

July 20th
2nd Friendly we beat L1 Wycombe 2-1

July 21st
We have two matches picked for TV which is nice. Sept 4th vs Stafford and Nov 29th vs Forest Green

July 22nd
I make our pitch standard size

End of July
I've signed a ton of players. Here is what the squad looks like:
Roster Jul 07

I'm also 18.1M in the red for Profit/Loss, so my free spending will be coming to a close. I just want one backup GK and I believe we are set.

August 1 - 10th
I sign a backup GK, tweaked the tactics 4-4-2 with some running along the flanks. Standard stuff until my squad builds cohesion.
Also, we were given poor odds to get promoted.

Aug 11 Game 1: Droylsden H: Win 4-0 - Hart gets a debut hattrick

Club sold 961 season tickets. Hopefully this will go up next season.

Aug 14 Game 2: Weymouth A: Draw 2-2 Holmes goes off on a red card in the first half. After the game, FA calls to warn me not to talk about bad calls in a match.

Aug 18th Game 3: Woking H: Win 2-0
Aug 25th Game 4: Ebbsfleet United A: Loss 2-1 We played terrible, plenty of chances, no finishing.
Aug 27th Game 5: York H: Win 3-0 Hart had 2 goals but got nicked up at 70:00 and will miss a week

That will bring August to a close as well as the end of the transfer period.

In the English transfer window roundup Mayhem was the most active with no less than 20 new players. Which was to be expected.

Hart scoops up the Player of the Month award with seven goals in five games.

Here is the listing of Transfers I did: Transfers Aug 07
So overall we are looking to be in good shape. As I get to know the players more, I'll report on them more. It looks like we will be talking about Hart a lot.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
gi
College Prospect

September

September 1st Game 6 Salisbury A: Win 3-1

September 4th Game 7 Stafford TV A: Draw 1-1 We came out slow and went down early. Hart was having a bad day so he was replaced around 65:00. We etched out a goal and had some chances in the 2nd half, but couldn't get the win. I was disappointed with the team.

September 8th Game 8 Farsley H: Couple international call ups for this game, so some players that normally backup are starting. Win 1-0 Backup GK Searle played well enough for the clean sheet.

September 15th Game 9 Crawley H: Win 3-0 Notable was a stopped penalty shot by GK Fedorenko

September 18th Game 10 Cambridge A: Loss 3-2 We went down by 2 and after the half time talk we leveled with 20 min left. Around 93:00 they scored to win the game. Up and down game, glad we came back but I would have liked to win this one.

September 22nd Game 11 Burton H: Win 2-0 Good solid win

September 25th Game 12 Aldershot A: Win 2-0 Seems like away days are rough for us, this one seemed easier so maybe we are getting better away from home

September 29th Game 13 Stevenage H: Draw 1-1 Hart was wide open to net a goal and left a sitter wide left.

This ends September. Players that had a good month were Walsh and Hart. I'm hoping that the team is now getting used to playing with each other and we will build some distance in the 1st spot. We are currently #1 in the BSP with 27 points. Torquay is #2 with 26. Hart had the goal of the month in the Stevenage game with his 30 yards score, but I haven't forgotten his miss.

Balance is at $28.5m and we are showing 18.99M as a loss so far.
The board is satisfied with me and the club lost $575K last month.

Last edited by gi : 07-15-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
gi
College Prospect

October

October 5th Game 14 Oxford United A: This was the game I'm looking forward to. I like Oxford United in real life and wanted to have a rivalry with them in the game. They are in 4th place right now, so a win here will go a long way. 1-1 at the half. Exciting game so far, a lot of back and forth action. Hart has the goal for us. FOUL at 76:15 Oxford United gets a penalty and they score. That seemed to deflate the team and Oxford United quickly scores again. That is the final: Loss 3-1. Terrible game, hopefully we'll be up for the next one

I react badly to the penalty call and get fined by the FA.

October 9th Game 15 Halifax A: Win 4-1 We had a great game and dominated Halifax. Good show by the Chaos.

October 16th Game 16 Rushden H: Win 3-0 Good solid win.

October 20th Game 17 Northwich A: Win 2-0 Game was tied at half, but we finished better and netted two.

October 31st Game 18 Exeter H: Win 5-1 Complete demolition.

October ends with Hart securing the Player of the Month award with 7 goals in 4 games and I get Manager of the month reward.

We were able to build up some separation between us and the number two team. We have 39 points with Torquay having 35.

The Board is satisfied with me and the club lost $686K last month.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
gi
College Prospect

November

November 3rd Game 19 Kidderminster H: Win 2-0 Tied at the half, we didn't get things going early. The pace was picked up late but I'm worried this could be a theme. Might need to light a fire...

November 6th Game 20 Grays A: Win 2-0 Had two players replaced do to injury. Dixon and Cunningham were the ones that went down. Hopefully they were not too serious. We went down 1-0, tied it at the half. I turned up the offensive around the 70:00 mark since the Grays are not that good and got the win.

Injury reports are in and both will be out around a week, dodged a bullet there.

November 17th Game 21 Torquay A: Battle of #1 vs #2, should be fun. We go up by 1 in the first half. Two quick goals by Torquay puts them up and causing me to go all out offense. We get the tying goal around 72:00 and play to a Draw 2-2. Exciting back and forth action, though I feel we should have won. We did have 2 injuries and 3 international call ups.

November 24th Game 22 Histon H: Win 2-0 Two more injuries picked up. Solid win though against one of the bottom feeders

Whitehead had his shoulder dislocated and is out around 2 months. Ouch. Time to see if we have some depth…

English FA Trophy draw today, we get Hucknall or Braintree

Excellent news! Our home match against Oxford United will be televised! Game is on March 4th.

Hucknall won so we play them.

November 29th Game 23 Forest Green A: Second game on TV, Forest Green is in 6th. The TV Audience should be entertained with a first half score of 3-2 Mayhem up by a goal. Great game, Hart finished with a hat trick, WIN 5-2.

I bring the media in and praise Hart's recent form.

This brings November to a close. I get the Manager of the month award. The board is satisfied with me and the club has losses of $662K. I'm going to have to go deep in the FA Trophy competition to get some money back.

Mayhem have 52 points with 23 games played. Oxford is in 2nd with 44 points and 23 games played. Torquay has 43 points with 22 games played. We are slowly etching out points to pull away with the top spot.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #6
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm reading...just fired up a new game myself which I thought about dynasty writing. Dorchester in BSS (real players, England, France, Ireland, No. Ireland, Iceland, Switzerland and Scotland, no masking).

Played a Swiss/French former player...completely gutted the team with walk-on talent as you are still limited in who you can see available unless you look all the teams...grabbed a few guys from the lower French leagues, lower than National anyway.

Dorchester just destroyed teams and went far in the one cup (managed to face Southampton from the Champions League, lost 3-0 but still).

I'm currently a half-million in debt but I managed a vanilla 4-4-2 (with wingers moving up to AMR and AML with the ball) to clinch BSS (1 loss, 9 draws and 30(?)).

I got offered a job with Basel (I saved at this point) but declined the offer in the dynasty I'm currently pursuing.

Most of the contracts were one year, unless I overbid (Billy King style ala the Sixers) two of my midfielders ran to the National League, can't say I blame them. My team scored 124 goals to 25 conceded.

I figure the run will continue until League 2 talent start facing me...but so far it's been nice just to man manage with little tactic tinkering (here and there, but nothing obsessive).

Anyway, I'm reading your dynasty, hope you go far...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
gi
College Prospect

Sounds fun Qwikshot and thanks for reading! Seems like the debt could hurt eventually, unless you do switch jobs. Good luck managing it. I generally run 4-4-2 if I can choose the team from the start. I also like the 4-3-3 in the lower leagues if you have a glut of Strikers.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
gi
College Prospect

December 6th: We draw Telford united in the English Setanta Shield Fourth Round

December 8th Game 24 Droylsden A: Win 3-0 Complete domination. Nothing more to be said.

December 15th English FA Trophy First Round Hucknall A: Win 3-0 They were from a lower division and it showed.

December 19th We draw Weymouth for the FA Trophy 2nd Rnd

December 22nd English Setanta Shield Fourth Round AFC Telford H: W 2-0 Easy game for us.

December 26th Game 25 Weymouth H: Win 2-0 A pattern here in that this was again an easy win.

December 29th Game 26 Woking A: Loss 1-0 The team was completely flat and uninterested. While I didn't blow up at them, I did let them know my disappointment. Not the way I wanted to end the month.

This will end the month and year for games. The transfer window opens up in a couple days, but I'm not looking to bring anyone else in. The payroll is deeply red at over $20 Million. If someone is offered to me as a free transfer, I'd look at it though. The team is solid enough to win the BSP. I think we will do well in League 2 next season but will still look at bringing in some better players.

The Board is still satisfied with me. Club lost $973K this month.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
gi
College Prospect

January

January 1st Game 27 Ebbsfleet H: Win 2-0 Walsh had two goals giving him 25 for the season so far. Good way to bring in the new year.

January 5th We draw Cambridge United for the English Setanta Shield Fifth Round

January 9th Game 28 York A: Loss 2-1 We were up 1-0 at the half and it looked like the players didn't care. I gave them the full hair dryer treatment and unloaded my anger at them. We'll see if it works.

January 12th English FA Trophy Second Round Weymouth A: Win 4-2 We go up 2-0 at the half and are looking good. They score and we score again so it is 3-2 and I'm wondering if we might lose this one. Luckily an insurance goal late gave us the win. We just don't play that well away from Splenda Ground.

January 15th We draw Leek town in the FA Trophy Third Round.

January 19th Game 29 Salisbury H: Draw 0-0 Had a bit of a let down. Might be because we had some time off since the last game. Hoping to pick it back up.

January 24th Well I may have to go back on my no transfers thoughts. DL is my weakest position and I found a great fit that is also a natural at all Defense positions. Offering a contract to Watts right now. If I secure his services, I'll post his sheet.

January 26th Game 30 Crawley A: Right before the match I get a message that ST Unal is becoming upset that he isn't on the first team. He is a 35 year old ex-premier player that I'm paying a ton. I thought he would start and the younger guys would play backup but Unal isn't as good as them. I offered him mutual termination and he accepts for free. My largest blunder so far with acquiring players. On to the game...WIN 3-2 Hart's 2nd goal at 92:00 gives us the win

January 28th Watts agrees and joins Mayhem for $2,600,000 from QPR. The pic I took of him didn’t work out, so sorry about that. He is a project, but will hopefully be with us until we get promoted to the Championship.

Board is satisfied with me. Club lost $3.23M because of the transfer.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #10
gi
College Prospect

Feburary 1st Good News, our Setanta Shield match against Cambridge will be on TV

Feburary 2nd English FA Trophy Third Round, Leek Town A: Win 1-0 We should have won by more, but we had 4 out with injuries and 1 suspended.

February 5th We draw Exeter for the FA Trophy 4th round

Setanta Shield Cambridge H: Win 2-1 Got scared at the end when they tied it at 85:00, Hart put one in at 92:00. Good show for those watching on TV. Watts played his first game for us at DL. He put in a solid performance (7).

February 7th Game 31 Stafford H: Draw 1-1 We had three injuries, including both strikers. Walker's injury was the most severe at 6 days, so nothing too bad.

Februrary 9th Game 32 Farsley A: Draw 1-1 Wow, what a bad game. We played like arse. We should have killed these guys, they are 22nd in the league. I didn't blow up at them, but I will think about playing some different people next game.

February 12th Game 33 Aldershot H: Draw 0-0 We got nothing started, I'm going to change the tactics a little bit, be a little bit more up tempo and attacking to see if I can get this team to kick start.

Februrary 14th: Good news, our match on the 19th will be on TV. Stevenage is our opponent in the Setanta Shield.

Chris O'Brien is back doing full training. We'll need his offensive, so happy days.

February 16th Game 34 Cambridge H: Win 3-0 Pure excellence here, though it should be expected against this opponent. O'Brien came in with a goal, assist, and an 8 rating. Great to have him back.

February 19th Setanta Shield Quarter Final Stevenage H: Win 4-0 Excellent dominate game for us.

February 23rd English FA Trophy 4th Round Exeter H: Win 2-0 Good win

February 24th We draw Halifax for the FA Trophy Semi Final

I also use the rest of my transfer budget and make and offer to sign Chris O'Brien. He was on loan and I think we can use him up to League 1. The offer was accepted and I offer a contract.

February 26th We draw Torquay United for the Setanta Shield Semi Final.

O'Brien accepted the contract.

One of our Scouts was signed by another team. He wasn't that good so I didn't offer a counter offer. I placed an advert and think I might have found a much better replacement. Name is Crank and Judging ability is 15 and Potential is 16. Hopefully he will accept the contract.

February 27th Game 35 Burton A: Win 5-1 Domination for us. Hart scores 2 but picks up an injury. Hopefully not too bad.

Hart is only out for a week

February 29th Scout Crank signs with us, and I send him to scout the entire UK Region.

O'Brien wins Young player of the month for February

The board is actually pleased with me and we only have losses of $298k.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
gi
College Prospect

March 1st Game 36 Stevenage A: Win 5-3 We scored the first 3 goals and then they countered with 3 goals...and then the first half ended. Crazy game. I replaced our Keeper since he was looking awful with a 5 rating. We scored two more in the 2nd half and cruise to victory.

March 4th Game 37 Oxford H: Our TV game against our home town rivals is finally here. I try to stir up the fans and players by saying we'll win today. Oxford is currently 3rd in the BSP and we are 1st.

Loss 2-1 We looked awful and picked up two injuries. I wasn't happy and let the players know about it.

Cunningham is out for two weeks, O'Brien has no lasting injury.

March 6th Our match with Torquary in the Setanta Shield will be on TV

March 8th English FA Trophy Leg 1 Halifax H: Win 3-0 Weird game...all THREE goals were penalties.

March 11th Setanta Shield Torquay (TV) A: Extra Time WIN 2-1 They scored and had the lead for a little while and we were looking off, so I switched to a defensive counter attacking game plan. We pressured off the counter attack and got a penalty in extra time to win the game. Good showing by our team to grind out a win when they were off of their game.

We draw Aldershot for the Setanta Shield Final

March 15th FA Trophy 2nd leg Halifax A: We are up 3-0. Win 1-1, 4-1 aggregated. Hart was replaced because of injury. Good win to reach the final.

Hart is out for 2 weeks.

We draw Aldershot for the FA Trophy. Seems Aldershot is peaking at the right time.

March 19th Game 38 Exeter A: Draw 2-2 We went down by 1 at the half, took a 2-1 lead, but they scored at 92:00. We played with energy, but broke down defensively at the end.

March 22nd Game 39 Northwich H: Win 4-0 Walsh had all 4 goals. Excellent performance by all. Hart played until it was 3-0 in the first half, I then took him out because this was his first playing time since the injury.

March 24th Game 40 Halifax H: Win 3-0 Hussey was injured, hopefully not for a long time.

Hussey will only be out for a week.

With that win we are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. Six games left in the BSP, I'm guessing we will need around 9 points to win it.

March 26th Game 41 Rushden A: Draw 3-3 Exciting game, we go down 2-0 when we score three goals. Rushden ties it at 92:00. That time seems to come up a lot... Walsh goes down with an injury and will be out three weeks...there goes our biggest scoring threat.

March 29th Game 42 Kidderminster A: Draw 2-2 We suck away from home. Hopefully this is only because we are a young team and will improve upon this next season.

The board is satisfied with me and the club "only" lost $343K

Hope to have this league won in the next couple games in April. Then plan for League Two.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:26 PM   #12
gi
College Prospect

April 5th Game 43 Grays H: Win 1-0 Blah game, but because we are at home, we win. Jake Hughes (DR, MC) picked up a month long injury. We have depth here, but he had a 7.21 Av Rat.

April 12th Game 44 Torquay H: I hype this game up with two comments that we will have no problems winning. Time for the team to prove me correct. Win 2-1 Dixon gets two quick yellow cards so we play most of the game short one player. We score the winner at 85:00. Great game by the rest of the team. Dixon will get a warning.

Two injuries from that game: Cunningham (DC) is out for a month and Whitehead (MRL) is out two weeks. Only a couple games left and we are getting hit hard by injuries.

Dixon accepts his warning.

Two games left in the BSP, Oxford United is two points behind us at 90. So it will be tight.

April 19th English Setanta Shield Final (TV) Aldershot: We are the away team.
We go down 1-0 at the half, I question their passion. We then score two quick goals and add a penalty shot to take the trophy, Win 3-1. We'll face them again real soon for another trophy.

April 22nd Game 45 Histon A: Win 1-0, boring game, but we get the 3 points.

Oxford United lost, so that means we win the BSP. I'm happy, but I also expected it. So next season will be the true test of this dynasty. I get all the emails associated with winning the BSP. I'm also predicting that we will do well next year with these players.

Oxford United is locked into 2nd place. I'm hoping they win promotion too, as the city of OXford will be ecstatic. I'd also like to see the rivalry continue next season.

April 24th We lose Scout Catto to Charlton. I place an advert for another scout

April 26th Game 46 Forest Green H: I'm resting any player with a hint of injury. Some players will be pulled at half for rest. Draw 2-2

Only the FA Trophy Final to go and that’s in May.

April 29th Bad injury news, Mike Hussey has a slipped disc and will be out for 3 months.

Well the board is pleased with me and we actually made a profit of $226K. I have no idea what this black line looks like on the profitability chart...I've never seen one before...
Old 07-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #13
gi
College Prospect

Goodfellow comes up with an injury and I'm given the choice of giving him pain killing injections. I say hell yes! He can recover after the game since the season is over.

May 10th Scout Collier signs with us. JPA is 17 JPP is 18, good hire for us. Only cost $60,000 to complete the transfer.

May 10th English FA Trophy Aldershot (We are the away team): Hart scores a quick one at 4:00 and Dixon follows that with a goal at 12:00. Walsh adds another at 30:00. We are dominating and are up 3-0 end of the half. Walsh scores his second one at 88. We cruise to a Win 4-0.
I'll post a league table pic once the playoffs are complete. One thing of note, Oxford United loses out on penalties to Exeter in the Semi-Final of the Playoffs.

Exeter beat Aldershot 2-1 to earn promotion to League Two.

Here is the league table:

May 20th: BSP Award Day:
Walsh earns Top Goalscorer with 37 goals, Hart is the runner-up.
Hart took 3rd place for the BSP Goal of the Season with his September 29th goal against Stevenage.
I earn Manager of the Year, John Holmes of Exeter took runner-up
Five Mayhem players made it on the Team of the Year: Mike Hussey, Chris O'Brien, James Dixon, Martin Walsh, and Edward Hart. No surprises here.

That's it for this season, the squad is sent out on break and I will await my budget for next season. With all of the money we lost this season, I'm not looking at spending any money right now. All of the players I signed should be able to play in League Two.

May 26th Blackpool make a $570,000, 40% Next Sale, and Friendly offer for Walsh. I'd like to see what he can do in League Two, so I decline.
May 31st Swindon inquires about Shepherd, I say the player isn't for sale.

I didn't realize that I'm going to get these offers all the time until the transfer period ends. It's going to be busy declining these offers and dealing with player ego's.

The board is pleased with me and the club lost $714k, ouch.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #14
gi
College Prospect

June 15th: Only had 3 offers for players, I've turned them all down. Mayhem has a new sponsorship deal worth about $8K. I'll send kudos to the board on this one, I expect the team to get promoted again, so being able to renegotiate the deal after a year is a really good thing.

Season Summary is up: Arsenal wins the Premiership. Hussey has most assists at 15, Walsh wins Highest Average Rating at 7.56. I get both Signing of the Season and Worst Signing of the Seasons. Best: Walsh for $775 and Hart $120 Worst: Young $2.8m He had spot duty, but there were other players better than him right now. He could grow to be a good starter. And Fedorenko at $1.7M He started every game at Keeper he could. He didn't let many goals in, but had ratings around 6.67. He should do better next season.

June 19th: Mayhem's Fans' Player of the Year is Martin Walsh

We will get to test our Away form early with starting games at Lincoln, Home against Grimsby, and then away against Morecambe.

We get $500,000 for League Two TV rights

The Board expects a safe mid-table position in League 2 this season. They give me a transfer budget of $7.5 Million and a wage budget of $450 p/w. Current Wages is at 192K p/w. Plenty of room to do what I want. I think we can gain promotion, but I don't think I'll need the additional wages/transfer budget. I'm telling the board I expect a safe mid-table position, but I expect promotion.

A lot of players have their contracts expire at the end of next season. All of the players that are deemed league 1 or better by my assistant, I offer a contract extension.

Well Cunningham finally went public that he wants to move to a bigger club. Not surprised, but I'm only selling him for 1M, 50% next sale, and a friendly. High price, but I like him.

June 21st: A couple scouts finish their scouting assignments and I see a couple players that have skill and also have their contracts expiring. I offer two players a contract to begin 1JUL08

June 23rd: We sign ex-Chelsea’s Florent Brunel (MC). He is 34 years old, but should be able to start for us. I'm paying him a ton, but I'm hoping he strengthens the middle for two seasons.

We also sign a 32 year old Striker, Mark Richards. I sign him to be a backup.

June 27th The board will allow me to have another coach, so I find 40 Year old Bob Marshall who is quite skilled in a lot of areas. He was also without a job, so I get him without paying a fee.

June 29th The board expects to sell 1600 season tickets with 455 already sold. We only had 961 last season, so this is quite an upgrade.

The board is satisfied with me and the club recorded losses of $808K
Old 07-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #15
gi
College Prospect

July 2nd We get our three signing, O'Brien comes back to Mayhem, Richards, and Brunel all show up. Adjusting their training off of general.

July 13th First friendly is a Win 3-0 against Frickley Athletic. I let the Assistant Manager run friendly’s.

I set the pitch to standard length.

I request a parent club from the board. This is my second request with last seasons request going unfulfilled.

I take a look at all expiring contracts for my staff. I offer all but the 74 year old scout a year extension. If I get promoted, I will probably look to start replacing some of them. Extending them to 2010 will give me flexibility in case I can't find good enough replacements. Most of them are coaching for me on the cheap. The only one not doing this is the Assistant Manager. I keep him happy by giving him a pay raise and locking him up to 2012.

July 16th Friendly against the Finn Harps. We win 1-0.

So far all the coaches and players accepted their extensions. If someone doesn't, I'll note it.

Bookies give us 2-1 odds on promotion. Morecambe is given the best odds at 6-4.

July 20th Friendly Hartlepool L1 H: Our first home friendly of the new season. Draw 1-1

July 23rd Friendly Bognor Regis A: Win 6-2 Lot of goals scored.

Mark Whitehead (MRL) gets a broken jaw and will be out a month. Not a good start to the season for the young lad.

July 26th Friendly Thurrock A: Loss 1-0 Apparently we dominated the game, but have nothing to show for it.

July 28th Season Ticket update, we have sold 1408 season ticket packages, and expect to sell another 200. Meeting expectations so far.

I keep the same captains as last season. Shepherd is Captain and Cunningham is Vice-captain.

Dixon gets a groin strain in Training and will be out for 3 weeks.

Searle wants to be taken off the transfer list and I accept. Count down to his diva behavior asking to be put back on the transfer list has begun.

July 30th Friendly Wycombe H: Win 4-2.

The board is satisfied with me and the club lost $4.88M last month.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #16
gi
College Prospect

August 2nd Game 1 Lincoln A: First league game of the season. Lets see how we do in League 2. We are up 1-0 at the half. Hart drew a penalty that Walsh

drilled in. At 70:00 Young goes down with an injury. Win 1-0. Not bad for our first game and away at that.

I forgot to do a team shot, so here is the Mayhem roster:

August 3rd Season Ticket sales came in at 1469, nice increase from last year, but not as much as expected.

August 5th Same story as last year, the board can’t find a suitable club to link with to be our parent.

August 5th Game 2 Grimsby H: Home opener for the season and the first one in League 2. Win 2-1

I believe I forgot to mention that we drew Colchester for our League Cup 1st round

August 9th Game 3 Morecambe A: We go down 1-0 at the half and Walsh has been replaced due to injury. Loss 2-0, terrible game for us, we were never in this one.

We draw Gillingham in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy South First Round

Walsh is out for a month.

August 13th Dixon is back in full training

August 16th Game 4 Northampton H: Draw 1-1 We should have won this, we had a lot of chances.

I complain to the press that their goal should have been called offsides and the FA is silent. I'm right

I feel that we have a slight weakness in Defense and DR is our weakest spot. I try to find someone that can come to Mayhem on the cheap.

August 20th English League Cup Colchester A: I'm hoping we draw against this Championship team. We are up 1-0 at the half. Colchester quickly make it 1-1

at the start of the second half. I'm pissed, at 93:45 they score with 4 min of injury time. We had a great effort and I wanted the draw.

On a happier note, we sign DRC Andy Harper from Sheff Utd for $615,000. He should start for us on the right side.

August 23rd Game 5 Bury A: Draw 0-0 we had a lot of energy and had a lot of chances to win. Two injuries, hopefully not serious.

Hussey is out a week with a bruised head.
Hughes is out two month with a broken toe. Ouch. Really glad I got Harper now.

August 30th Game 6 Notts Co H: Win 5-1 Walsh had a hat-trick, hopefully our break out game.

Walsh wins Player of the Month

Dixon gets 2nd place for Goal of the Month with his strike against Notts Co

The Board is pleased with me and we lost 1.62M
Old 07-19-2008, 10:57 PM   #17
gi
College Prospect

That catches up with all the playing I've done. I'm expecting to get a couple more months in before the weekend ends. Otherwise it will be hit or miss the rest of this week. Thanks for reading!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #18
gi
College Prospect

Sorry for the delay, buying a house, having a baby any day now, and started a new job last week. Slow month for me.

September 2nd Johnstone's Paint Trophy South First Round Gillingham H:

Walsh goes down with an injury at 18:00, Hart comes in for him. Hussey scores at 20:00 and Dixon makes it 2-0 at 36:00. Half we are up 2-0 Hussey scores his 2nd at 72 and I send in replacements and go defensive. Game ends W 3-0

Walsh will be out for a week

We draw Bristol Rovers for the next round in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Goodfellow wants to be taken off the transfer list and I agree to it. Transfer window is over anyway.

September 6th Game 7 Exeter A: D 3-3 Great back and forth action, Hart scores at 92:00 to get the draw.

September 10th Hart earns team of the week honors.

September 13th Game 8 Wycombe H: We are in 5th place and they are in 4th, so a good matchup of teams doing well early. Stellar game W 3-1, the score would probably be different or reversed even if we weren't at home. Just got that feeling

September 15th Shepherd and Dixon are selected to the team of the week.

September 16th Game 9 Macclesfield A: Draw 3-3 We should have won, as we were up 2-1, they scored 2 quick goals to put me on total offensive. Hussey scores late to get the draw.

September 20th Game 10 Brentford H: Draw 2-2. tale of two half's. We went down 2-0 in the first half, but caught a break when they got a red card. So we storm back in the 2nd half but fail to get that 3rd goal. Not to quibble, but Walsh should have had a hat trick, he missed a wide open net.

Well, my anger got the best of me, I loudly complained about a penalty against us in the last match and will be banned one game. opps.

September 23rd Walsh is selected for the player of the week.

September 27th Game 11 Stockport H (I will serve a ban for this game): W 4-0 We dominated in every way.

September 30th Game 12 Yeovil A: walsh goes down with an injury at 53:00. W 4-0 Dominate win again.

Walsh will be out 3 weeks.

Hart wins player of the month

Dixon's goal against Yeovil makes 3rd for best goal of the month

The board is pleased with me and we lost $849K. We are in 2nd place with 23 points. Luton is in first place with 24 points. We have the highest average attendance around 9400 a game. I hope to be making money soon.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #19
gi
College Prospect

October 4th Game 13 Luton H: Battle of #1 and #2, hope we get advantage being at home. Hussey goes down with an injury at 2:00 and Young replaces him and I reorganize players positions. Not a good way to start the game. 0-0 end of the first half. They had a lot of chances early, but then we seemed to pressure them. Luton's Padraig Davis, draws his 2nd yellow card of the match at 79:14. I'm going to go more offensive now to try and get the win. Shepherd goes down with an injury at 89:00 and Holmes takes his place. Draw 0-0. Good game for us against the top team in the division. I wanted a win, but we do have some injuries to key players.

Hussey is out for 3 weeks with a twisted knee
Shepherd is out for a month with a sprained ankle

October 7th Johnstone's Paint Trophy South 2nd Round: Bristol Rovers L1 H: Up 1-0 at the end of the first half. I try to encourage the men to see this through. Sensational 2nd half! Hart and O'Brien scored twice each to make the final: Win 4-1 Huge win for us today against a League 1 team.

October 11th We draw Brentford for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Quarter Final

October 15th Game 14 Chesterfield A: Walsh goes down with an injury at 7:00. Not a good start. At the half we are up 2-1. They get a penalty at 55:00 to tie it up. Whitehead, playing ST because of injuries, nets a goal for the Win 3-2. Good game for us, we had some players busy in the international scene.

October 18th Game 15 MK Dons H: Good match, we're at #2 and they are #3. We are up 2-1 at the half, Hart nets an amazing goal to take the lead after 45:00. And that is the score at the end of the game, Win 2-1. Good game for us.

October 25th Game 16 Accrington A: Draw 2-2, we went down 2-0 in the first half and fought our way back for the draw. We should have won this one though.

October 28th Game 17 Dag & Red H: Draw 1-1, we should have won this one, bad game for us.

Our 15 games unbeaten is a new record.

We are in 2nd place as the month draws to an end.

The board is pleased with me and the club lost $759K last month.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #20
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm still reading.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 08-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #21
gi
College Prospect

I'm still playing. Just had a kid, started a new job, and I'm moving next weekend. So expect a week or so without any updates and then I'll pick back up.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:33 AM   #22
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
I'm still playing. Just had a kid, started a new job, and I'm moving next weekend. So expect a week or so without any updates and then I'll pick back up.

No pressure...cleanered the Blue Square to hop into the Blue Square Premere League with Doncaster, that was before the summer...about 1/3 into the next season...after playing a bunch yesterday...probably won't run again till next weekend.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #23
gi
College Prospect

November 1st Game 18 Mansfield H: Win 2-0

November 4th Game 19 Chester A: Win 2-1 Pretty dominating win. They scored late when I had my subs in and was on full defensive.

16 games without losing....

November 11th Johnstone's Paint Trophy South Quarter Final Brentford H: At the half we lead 1-0, Hart hits a rebound off of a Walsh strike. At 53:45 Walsh adds one of his own, making it 2-0. The games ends at that score: Win 2-0

November 15th Game 20 Barnet A: Draw 3-3, we had this one in the bag 3-1, but let them back into the game. I am not happy.

I say the ref's stunk up the place and the FA is oddly silent about it.

November 22nd Game 21 Shrewsbury H: We are #1 and they are #5 so this could be a great game. Hopefully we can close it out and get the win. DL Gary Watts is Suspended for this game. O'Brien, who is doing well internationally, is one yellow card away from sitting out a game. Win 3-1, almost shut them out until the last 3 min. Walsh scored twice and Hart had one.

I review my team and see that while we are very strong, My asst man believes Midfield is the weakest area. I look at players that my scouts have found and see someone I like, but only at the right price. If the bid is accepted, I'll say more.

My offer for Paul Ryan was accepted. He can play ML or MR. Lets see if he'll sign. I agree to his demands, so he should sign. Should make an excellent mid season acquisition for us. He is only 20 years old with good stats. I'm hoping I can keep him until/if we make it to the Championship.

This ends November. Cunningham had the #2 goal of the month against Chester

I win Manager of the Month.

The club lost 1.29M last month and the Board is pleased with me.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #24
gi
College Prospect

Well I've moved and my wife gave birth. We finally have settled in and I figure I'll get in a month or so of gaming.

December 2nd Game 22 Hereford A: 5-4 Loss. Back and forth game, we were down by two and tied it up, but they got the go ahead goal and dominated the final 10 min.

December 6th Game 23 Bournemouth H: They hype up this game by calling out Walsh. 2-1 Loss. Not a way to start back up for me. Plenty of opportunities, but we didn't score off of them.

December 13th Game 24 Lincoln H: At 5:00 Hart gets replaced by Hussey because of injury. Win 5-2 We dominated them for the most part and got lazy at the end, allowing a second goal. Nice way to turn things around. Hopefully Hart isn't too injured.

Hart is only out for a week....whew....

I'm not getting anything out of DM Brunel, he is upset and never plays. Asst Man doesn't think he has skills. I'll chalk this one up as a loss and set him free for 1.4 million.

December 26th Game 25 Northampton A: 2-0 at the half with Hart playing on fire, scoring both goals with two other really good chances. Win 3-1

And so ends December..and down and up month. We are 3 points behind MK Dons for first place.

I might look to bring in a piece or two, if something comes a long. I'm also responding to all transfer requests for my star players with an exorbitant amount of money required.

James Dixon won League 2 Goal of the Month with his strike against Lincoln, December 13th.

The board is pleased with me and the club only lost 2.55 Million, considering a lot of that was the buyout for my mistake, not too bad.