Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

You can go home again (FM10)

I'm as engrossed in this game as I ever was, and I still enjoy reading my old dynasty from time to time, so I thought I would document my new journey in the world of FM for my own enjoyment and any who care to follow.

I'm just about to start year 2 of play in League 2 in England coaching Shrewsbury. Last year, we finished 7th to secure a playoff birth with a dramatic win in the last game of the regular season against the current #7 team. We made it to the playoff final where we were ousted on a heartbreaking extra time goal in the 119th minute. In a way, I'm glad, because I was securing League 1 type talent and undergoing a transformation of the club that should make this upcoming year a very smooth one. I hardly recognize my team anymore as we made many moves during the last season and this offseason

Some of the key departures that I let leave include: DC Graham Coughlan (was getting long in the tooth), MC Paul Murray (Ditto), Keeper David Button (a loan player that I didn't try to get a 2nd straight year), and DL Joe Skarz (a loan player that I did attempt to get back, but his squad didn't want to let him go a 2nd year.)

Key Transfers in from last year include: MR Damian Scanell (who didn't perform nearly as well as I was hoping), DR Andrew Cave-Brown (who exceeded expectations), DC Mustapha Traore' (who was our most valuable player in my opinion).

We also got a vital loan piece last year that enabled us to make the playoffs: Striker Callum McManaman from Wigan. I've convinced Wigan to loan him to us again for another year, but he might be the 3rd best striker now as we've had a very big offseason.

Key additions this past offseason: Striker Ladislas Douniama (free transfer from LOSC Lille Metropele), Striker Nicholas Bignall (75k transfer from Reading), MC Simon Gillett (75k transfer from Southampton.)

We've also bought in several key loan players for the entire year: ML Rocky Lekaj who lead League 2 in assists as a loan player for Rochdale last year. DL Ryan McGivern, MR Gael Nlundulu, and Callum is back for another year. We're also pursuing several DC's as I type this up to fill the 5th loan spot.

So, a look at the roster:

GK Chris Neal kept the complaints to a mininum when Button started most matches last year and he's a decent enough keeper. He'll be challenged by a cheap young keeper I signed, but I think he'll be our starter this year unless he falls apart.

GK Jed Steer was a very cheap signing from Norwich and our staff loves his potential. He has a chance to get a few starts this year even though he is only 17.

DL Ryan McGivern has great physical attributes but needs to develop other parts of his game.

DC Mustapha Traore' is a determined, physical player who was the glue of our defense last year and played every game after I got him.

DC Kelvin Langmead was a backup last year who played a bit at DC and a bit in the midfield. Once, we moved him into the starting lineup over Graham, our defense improved. However, I'd still like to bring in a loan player to play the majority of the games here.

DR Andrew Cave-Brown is young, but he stepped up big time for us last year. Good speed and a solid marker.

Dean Holden can play some centreback or right back. He was the starter until Andrew got there. Now, he's a valuable reserve.

Left Winger Steven Leslie didn't play too much last year as I went with loan players at the position, but he is a very solid player there. Unfortuantely for him, that is Rocky's best position..

Loan player Rocky Lekaj is only 20, but he led the league in assists last year with 14 and also added 5 goals for Rochdale who won the league last year. I plan on seeing him up those numbers this year.

Shane Cansdell-Sheriff is a valuable player who can play as a defensive midfielder or centreback and I used him at both positions last year. This year I'll probably play him more in the midfield unless we have injuries among our defenders.

MC Simon Gillett is our best passer on the team and the best we've had since I've been at Shrewsbury. Looking forward to him being a major playmaker for us.

Last year's team was so slow and I found that frustrating. I've added speed at several positions including right wing. Gael Nlundulu should be running past plenty of defenders this year. In fact, he might be the reason for Rocky not to set the assist record. I'll have to be careful not to overwork the 18 year old.

MC Craig Disley was a vital player for us last year, but this year he shouldn't see the pitch much.

MR Damian Scannell will be a valued backup. Good speed and acceleration but he got tired out when I tried to start him too often last year.

19 year old Striker Callum McManaman was our leading player despite only playing 22 games last year. He finished with 10 goals and 8 assists. Now, he might be relegated to 3rd striker (but he will see the pitch due to the 2 new key acquisitions that have been brilliant in our friendly matches..

20 year old striker Nicholas Bignall is a natural left footed striker and he's been nothing short of brilliant in his friendly appearances for us. He has explosive speed and acceleration and has made some great passes.

24 year old striker Ladislas Douniama is even more explosive. Tremendous speed. We went from no speed to being one of the fastest teams in the league. I've been using a 4-4-2 with a focus on direct passing and counter attacking and these 2 guys have made it really work..

23 year old striker Kris Bright was our #1 scorer last year and a key striker all year when he wasn't on international duty. He finished the year with 15 goals, but is going to be our 4th best this year and could be transferred out if I get the right price.

24 year old striker David Hibbert was our #2 striker until we got Callum. He's a decent enough player but never distinguished himself last year. Best thing is his heading.

Those are the key players. We've stormed through the pre-season. Hopefully, this tactic and these guys can do as well when the matches count.

Again, we'll be running a 4-4-2 with a focus on direct passing and counter attacking primarily.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just before the season starts, we add DC Tommy Smith from Ipswich on a full season loan. I'm a bit concerned that a teammate of his said he was glad to see Smith go as he was a cancer in their locker room. Hopefully, first team football will keep him and team harmony going in the right direction.

We are slight favorites in our first game against Brentford. Cleveland Taylor has great pace and we'll have to be mindful of his attacks.

My starting lineup:

GK: Neal
DL: McGivern
DC: Smith
DC: Traore'
DR: Cave-Brown
ML: Lekaj
MC: Cansdell-Sheriff
MC: Gillett
MR: Nlundulu
ST: Bignall
ST: Douniama
Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minutes: Traore with a key interception on a pass into the box.

23 minutes: Douniama with a brilliant dribble into the box.. he lays it off for Gillett.. who sails the shot over the bar.

Halftime: They are banging our strikers around in the box and have earned 2 yellows already. We've had a few good balls that were just a bit off the mark.

52 minute mark: A corner kick is blocked by our defender but right to the feet of Legge who hits it on the half volley into the upper left corner for a goal. Down 1-0.

64 minute mark: Leslie on for Rocky and Callum on for Bignall who is a bit banged up.

74 minute mark: McGivern with a huge block on a corner to prevent us from going down 2-0.

92 minute mark: Douniama has had several great opportunities, but none better than a beautiful through ball by Callum that Douniama shoots right at their keeper.

A 1-0 loss at home to start the season. So much for the visions of an epic undefeated season that I had.

Cave-Brown was the best performing defender along with McGivern.

Nlundulu was our highest rated midfielder.

Douniama was our highest rated player with a 8.2. Despite failing to convert, he generated multiple good opportunities.

Simon Gillett was the biggest disappointment today.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We have an uphill battle ahead in the League Cup against Sheffield Utd who are heavy favorites. This game is just 3 days after our last game.

We are putting Scannell in at RW and Langmead in at DC for Smith. Otherwise, our starting lineup is the same.

4 minute mark: Darius Henderson with a blistering shot from 25 yards out that Neal can't stop. We are down 1-0.

24 minutes: Cave-Brown stops a goal on a corner kick. They are dominating possession.

40 minute: Rocky starts our counter attack after a pass from McGivern.. Bignall into the box.. he shoots.. it is blocked wide.

43 minute mark: Little with a header on a corner. It's past Neal. We are down 2-0.

Halftime: Traore is having his worst game. I put in Smith for him. Also, Callum on for Bignall who is banged up again.

53 minutes: Callum passes to Scannell down the right wing.. he passes back to Callum who taps it to Gillett.. hard shot from 18 yards out.. good save by their keeper.

58 minutes: Smith with a key interception.. long pass.. Douniama gets to it.. he's got space.. he dribbles into the right side of the box.. crosses it.. Callum with the header for the goal!!

66 minutes: They catch us on the counter.. Evans with a breakaway.. Smith misses a tackle from behind.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. Goal. Down 3-1.

69 minutes: They take a corner.. McGivern heads it to Callum.. he plays a long pass ahead for Douniama.. he beats everyone down the field.. into the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! His first for us.

79 minutes: Gillett passes to Douniama just outside the box.. he shoots immediately.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! We are level!

82 minutes: Rocky passes to Callum in the left side of the box.. he shoots the angled shot.. the keeper blocks it.. Douniama with the rebound.. he shoots.. another save by the keeper! They start a quick counter.. Evans dribbled down the left side of the pitch.. Cave-Brown misses a tackle.. Evans into the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL.

89 minute: Jonathan Fortune with a goal on the corner to make it a 5-3 loss. So close.

92 minutes: I think we pissed them off when we tied it.. Evans with another breakaway.. great save by Evans.. but Williamson hammers the rebound into the net.

We lose 6-3.

Douniama with a 9.1 and clearly our best player. Callum had a solid game with a 7.5. He may get the start the next match.

Scannell was the worst with a 5.0. Traore with a 5.3. I hope all of the transfer speculation isn't unnerving him..

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-28-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is against Tranmere which was relegated last year. Despite that, we are slight favorites at home and are expecting a large crowd. Callum will move into the starting lineup in plase of Bignell. Tommy will start for Traore. Nlundulu will start at right wing.

17 minute mark: Cave-Brown with a pass down the right side line.. Douniama gets to it.. he makes a nice pass into the box for Nlundulu.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. inches wide.

20 minute mark: Gillet at midfield.. plays a lovely long through ball for Douniama in the box.. he fakes the shot and passes to Callum on his left.. Callum drills a shot into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!!

31 minute mark: Smith starts our counter attack.. gets it to Callum at midfield.. he just lays it up the field to Douniama who beats everyone to it by a nice margin.. he dribbles into the box.. keeper was coming out.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. keeper dives.. can't get there.. GOAL!!!

39 minute mark: Neal with a nice save of a hard shot from 20 yards out.

Rocky picks up a yellow card just before the halftime whistle blows.

51 minute: Cansdell-Sheriff picks up a yellow.

59 minute mark: Cansdell-Sheriff and Gillett passing it back and forth 30 yards out.. probing the defense.. Gillett passes it to Callum just inside the box.. he blisters a shot to the upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it.. but it is still in! GOAL!!!

63 minute mark: CS (Cansdell-Sheriff) comes close to getting a 2nd yellow. I sub out both guys with yellows. Leslie in at left wing and Holden in at midfielder in the defensive role.

88 minute mark: We catch them on the counter.. Callum is in the box.. looking for Douniama.. he hesitates and the defender catches up and knocks it away for a corner.

We'll gladly take the 3-0 home win.

Callum was the man of the match with a 9.3 rating. Douniama with a 8.6. Gillett and McGivern with 7.9. Andrew (Cave-Brown) with a 7.5. Everyone else had low 7's.

Today was fan day as well and we had a crowd of over 9,000! Our board expects a long term increase in fan attendance due to the stellar display.

Our next game is in just 3 days on the road.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Callum is a bit tired but will start today. Traore moves back into the lineup for Langmead. Grimsby are slight favorites this match.

8 minute mark: They get us on the counter.. Traore is harassing the striker but he gets off a good point blank shot.. great block by Neal. We clear it.

12 minute mark: Tommy Wright gets another breakaway.. good crossover on Traore.. he is in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Neal dives.. he can't get to it. Goal. Down 1-0.

26 minute: Nlundulu with a very good dribble down the right side.. he passes it to Douniama who beats two men.. into the box.. shoots.. over the bar.

27 minutes: Gillett plays a perfect through ball.. Douniama has a breakaway.. he shoots from 10 yards out.. the keeper pushes it over the bar. Corner kick.

Down 1-0 at halftime.

48 minute mark: Callum with a yellow for a hard tackle.

55 minute mark: Callum picks up a knock. I bring in Bignall for him.

57 minute mark: Rocky picks up a more serious knock. I bring in Leslie for him.

60 minute: Nlundulu with a strong run down the right side.. he crosses to the far post.. Bignall with a header.. just a bit high.

62 minute: Gillett splits two defenders with a perfect pass into the box.. Douniama splits the defenders as well.. gets a good look from midway in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. he scores!! GOAL!!! Tied at 1.

77 minute mark: Andrew clears a corner.. Douniama breaking down the field.. they have 2 men back.. they make him take a tough angle on the shot.. and it is high and wide.

83 minute: Gillett with a high pass to Bignall in the box.. he heads it to Douniama who has a good look.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Nlundulu has an open net as the rebound bounces to him.. he shoots.. he scores! GOAL!!! 2-1. Nlundulu's 1st goal of the year.

We go into a defensive shell.

We manage to keep any serious threats away and win it 2-1. Very good road win.

Douniama was the MOM with a 8.6. Gillett with a 8.2, Nlundulu with a 8.1. Callum was the low man with a 6.5.

After the game, we get bad news. Rocky is out for about 2 weeks and Douniama is out for 3-4 weeks with a thigh strain

Our next game is in 4 days at Yeovil.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are slight underdogs against Yeovil at their place. They are currently in 1st place in the league. We are in 5th place.

Our starting 11 now:

DL: McGivern
DR: CB
ML: Leslie
MC: CS
MR: Gael (Nlundulu)
ST: Callum (McManaman)
Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minutes: CB with a key header of a cross.. Callum gets it.. he sends a long ball up the field.. Bignall is beating everyone to it.. he is into the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!! 1-0. Beautiful counter attack.

25 minute mark: Doukoure gets a breakaway for them on a long kick by the keeper that Traore misplayed.. he shoots from point blank.. Neal blocks it wide.

31 minutes: We get lucky as a header off a corner hits the crossbar.. Gael clears it.

35 minutes: Leslie with a strong dribble up the left side.. he gets a good cross into the box.. Callum heads it.. it skims over the bar.

We lead 1-0 at the half.

55 minutes: Gillett plays it to Callum along the right wing.. he dribbles towards the box.. gets the keeper coming that way.. plays a pure class cross that floats over the keepers head.. Leslie with a diving header.. connects.. GOAL!!! 2-0.

66 minutes: Disley on for a tiring Leslie and Scannell on for Gael.

71 minutes: Bowditch with a nice through ball to Sam Williams who buries it in the lower right corner. 2-1 game.

89 minutes: Traore with a key header on a cross attempt.

We win the game 2-1.

Callum was the MOM with a 7.9. Leslie with a 7.7. Everyone else was in the high 6 to low 7 range.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-28-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is against newly promoted Luton. We are favored. I'll stick to the same lineup and will go for the attack early.

22 minutes: They are mostly playing a shell, but Leslie with a nice cross to the far post.. Gael heads it.. and it bounces off the crossbar.

A drab first half as they are keeping 8 and 9 men back.

52 minute mark: They get a good long shot off.. Neal with a very good diving save to tip it wide.

64 minutes: Scannell on for Gael.

76 minutes: Andrew Lee picks up his 2nd yellow for a dangerous tackle on Gillett! We must press the attack now.. They go into more of a shell with a 5-1-2-1.

91 minutes: Gillett threads a through ball between 2 defenders.. Callum splits 2 other defenders.. he is just outside the 6 yard box on the right.. he smashes the ball.. and gets it by the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

We win the match 1-0.

Neal was the MOM with a 8.3. Gillett with a 8.2. Everyone else was around a 7.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 31, 2010 -

Our game today is just 3 days after the last game. We play Burton in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Competition. They are 20th in League 2. We are now 2nd. We are strong favorites this match.

Just before the match, Exeter (League 1) offered 50,000 plus future incentives for Scannell. I'll turn them down for now.

Rocky returns to the left winger spot today. Otherwise, we stick with the same starting lineup.

10 minute mark: Traore with a long header to Rocky.. he dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. he crosses it short to Bignall.. he shoots.. right at the keeper who clutches it to his chest.

20 minute mark: Gael with a strong dribble up the right side.. he passes it to Gillett.. he fakes a pass.. dribbles into the box.. he is inside 15 yards.. he shoots.. past the keeper.. off the crossbar. They clear the rebound.

22 minute mark: They catch us on the counter.. Penn passes to Pearson in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Neal dives.. and can't get there. Goal. Down 1-0.

27 minute mark: Gael dribbles down the right side.. passes to Gillett.. passes to Callum.. he turns.. lays a nifty pass between two defenders.. Bignall is open.. he shoots from 10 yards out and buries the shot! Tied at 1.

37 minute mark: Callum with a brilliant move to get into the box.. he shoots.. good parry by the keeper.. they clear it just before Bignall gets to the rebound.

42 minute mark: Traore gets hits with a yellow card. Smith got one earlier as well.

43 minutes: CB threads a long pass down the pitch.. Callum is the first one to it.. he dribbles it into the box.. some pressure from behind.. he shoots.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

48 minutes: Traore starts our counter attack with a long pass.. we have a 3-on-1 fastbreak... Bignall passes to Callum.. he passes it back to Gillett.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!! 2-1. That is Gillett's 1st goal for us in his career.

60 minutes: Leslie on at left wing and Scannell on at RW.

64 minutes: They hit us with the counter.. Pearson passes it to Shaun Harrod in the box.. he shoots from the edge.. and it is past Neal for the goal.

67 minutes: Leslie with a corner kick.. to the near post.. Traore with a powerful header.. and it is past their keeper.. GOAL!!! 3-2 lead.

81 minutes: Traore horribly misplays a pass and it goes right by him to Harrod who blasts a point blank shot into the upper right corner. GOAL. 3-3.

94 minutes: Gillett probing the defense.. he plays a perfect through ball into the box.. Callum shoots.. upper right corner.. GO.. whistle. Callum is called offside.

End or regulation. This is going to penalties.

Webster is up first for them.. he shoots.. he scores.

Callum is up for us...he shoots to the upper right corner.. their keeper dives and blocks it.

Gilroy for them.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. goal.

Smith for us.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1 in penalties.

Harrad is up..upper right corner.. Goal.

Leslie with the pressure approach.. he shoots.. upper left corner. GOAL. 3-2.

Pearson steps up.. shoots.. wide left!

Scannell steps up to tie it..upper right corner.. the keeper dived before he even shot.. and guessed right.. he blocks it.

Penn with a chance to win it.. Neal dives to his left.. he guessed wrong.. it's in the opposite corner. We lose in penatlies. A disappointing loss.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Douniama was named the League 2 Player of the Month.

Callum was named the League 2 Young Player of the Month.

Sep 6, 2010 -

Jed Steer started for England's U19 team and England beat Bulgaria 3-2.

McGivern and Callum were both hurt in a collision during training today. Both will be out for several weeks.

Also Tommy Smith was sent home due to the flu.

Sep 8, 2010 -

Douniama has been cleared to return to full training

Sep 11, 2010 -

Our next game is against Barnet at our place. They are winless and 24th in the league. We are very heavily favored.

McGivern, Smith, and Callum are out injured.

Our starting lineup:

DL: Holden
DC: Langmead
ML: Rocky
MC: CS
MR: Gael
ST: Douniama

I'll play the match tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

33 minutes: CB gets a yellow card for a hard challenge.

38 minutes: Bignall skims the bar with a header off a corner kick.

Overall, a boring first half.

58 minutes: Rocky goes down hard. He'll have to come out of the game. Leslie into the game.

Between a rainy, windy day and them keeping 8 guys back all match, we never could get any solid threats on them today.

A 0-0 draw.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Traore' was the MOM with a 7.8. Everyone else was in the high 6 range.

Rocky has a very severe ankle sprain and will be unavailable for 6 to 8 weeks while being treated by his home club.

Our next game is in 4 days at Notts Co who are slight favorites. We are now 7th in the league. They are 11th.

We are using the same lineup with Leslie in at LW.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minutes: Hughes passes to Hawley.. he passes back to Hughes.. he beats Traore into the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. Neal dives.. and is too late. GOAL. Down 1-0.

7 minutes: Bishop passes to McGovern in the box.. he shoots from just right of the goal.. upper left corner.. GOAL. Our guys all think he was offside, but the protests are waved away.

16 minutes: CS picks up a yellow for a rough tackle.

21 minutes: Gillett patiently probing the defense.. he passes it into the left side of the box.. Bignall gets there.. he takes a dribble.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 2-1.

25 minutes: Neal with a clutch save.

26 minutes: We steal the ball. pass to Bignall. he dribbles past one player.. and another.. he crosses it for Douniama.. the keeper intercepts it.

27 minutes: Tommy gets a yellow card for a rough tackle.

29 minutes: Leslie with a free kick from 30 yards out.. he hits the crossbar.

30 minutes: Douniama dribbles it right of the box.. he draws the keeper over a bit.. he floats a beautiful chip pass over the keeper.. Bignall outjumps the defender and heads it into the GOAL!!! 2-2.

We are tied at 2 at the half.

58 minutes: We hit them on the counter.. Traore to Gillett to Bignall.. he dribbles into the box.. he lays off a nice pass for Leslie.. he shoots.. and hits the post! They clear the rebound.

60 minutes: Langmead in for Tommy who has a yellow and Hoonan (a reserve) in for Holden who also has a yellow.

63 minutes: They head a corner away to the left corner of the pitch.. Douniama gets it.. dribbles towards the box.. he draws two defenders.. he passes back to CS just outside the box.. he has a wide open look.. he shoots from distance.. upper right corner.. their keeper dives.. can't get there.. GOAL!!! 3-2.

75 minutes: We get lucky as a counter attack leads to nothing more than them hitting the post. We go into a defensive shell after that.

We win the game 3-2. Good solid road win.

Bignall was the MOM with a 8.8. CS with a 7.9. Everyone else with a high 6 to very low 7.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2010 -

Our next match is just 3 days after the previous match and it is at Lincoln City. They are 14th. We are 1st. We are slightly favored. CS has been suspended a match for too many yellow cards. Langmead will start for him. Otherwise, it is the same starting lineup as our last game.

8 minutes: Neal breaks up a cross that looked dangerous.

15 minutes: Gillett passes to Douniama in the box.. he draws two defenders.. splits them with a pass.. Bignall shoots from point blank.. their keeper blocks it.

17 minutes: CB starts our counter with a long pass across the pitch.. Leslie plays it forward to Bignall.. he dribbles into the left edge of the box.. plays the cross.. the keeper and Douniama both jump for it.. the keeper punches it away.

20 minutes: Gael with a strong drive up the right side.. he plays a long cross.. Bignall with a powerful header.. he couldn't keep it down.

27 minutes: CB with a key header to stop a corner kick attempt.

29 minutes: Bignall steals it from their corner.. he dribbles all alone into teh box.. he hesitates.. he passes it towards Douniama.. the defender intercepts the pass and pushes it back for a corner.

Halftime: 0-0.

60 minutes: Gael with an absolutely beautiful long pass down the pitch to get our break going.. Bignall beats everyone to it.. he is in the box.. takes a step.. shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper was going the wrong way.. it is just inside the post.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

63 minutes: Our keeper with a long pass.. Douniama just blows by their defense... he runs into the box.. shoots.. the keeper does very well to dive and tip it wide.

66 minutes: Robinson in for Leslie and Scannell in for Gael.

69 minutes: Moses Swaibu takes a free kick from just outside the box.. he shoots.. left side.. Neal with a great save!

86 minutes: Robinson is hit hard and has to be helped off the pitch. We put Disley in for him.

We hold on for the 1-0 win on the road.

Bignall was the star of the game with a 7.9. Everyone else was in the low 7 range.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-29-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 25, 2010 -

A week to rest before our next match today. We are 1st and are hosting Crewe who are in 13th place in the league. We are favored this match. CS will return to the starting lineup and Langmead will come in as needed.

1st minute: Douniama just had an amazing dribble weaving in and around 4 defenders before he shot from just outside the box and it went barely over the bar.

3 minutes: Our midfielders probe the defense at 25 yards out.. Leslie unleashes a hard shot.. the keeper pushes it wide of the net for a corner.

10 minutes: Neal with a pair of competent saves.

25 minutes: Douniama with another amazing dribble between three defenders to get into the box, but he unleashed a very weak left footed shot right at the keeper.

30 minutes: Gillett with a great through ball towards the right post.. Gael gets there and hits it on the half-volley.. redirects it past the keeper.. off the crossbar.. and into the GOAL!!! 1-0.

44 minutes: Neal with a long kick.. Bignall heads it up the pitch.. he races past his man.. he taps it forward.. the keeper is rushing out.. the keeper smothers it just before Bignall can redirect it.

Halftime: We are up 1-0.

63 minutes: We block a corner kick and Bignall is breaking away.. dribbling up the pitch.. well ahead of the oppositon.. he dribbles into the left side of the box.. he passes it to Gillett in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. right at the keeper who catches it.

64 minutes: Scannell on for Gael.

73 minutes: Douniama makes their defense look silly.. dribbling around 4 defenders.. he holds it for 10 seconds in the right side of the box.. he has 3 defenders chasing him.. he makes a nice pass to Gillett just outside the middle of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

74 minutes: Traore' has picked up a knock and he has gotten a yellow card, I bring Langmead on for him.

We win the match 2-0.

Douniama is only given a 6.9 (due to his weak finishing I guess), but I would have given him at least a high 7.

Gillett is the star of the match with a 9.0. Gael with a 7.9. CS was the low man with a 6.8.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 28, 2010 -

Today we host Accrington. We are 1st and they are 11th. We are heavily favored in this match. Callum and McGivern have been cleared to return to full training. We are sticking with our same lineup and will work the guys back into play.

10 minutes: Very good passing from Gillett to CS to Gael to Douniama.. he beats a defender into the box.. and unleashes a blistering shot.. good job by their keeper to push it wide.

24 minutes: We've had several good opportunites, but all shots have been high. CS is frustrated and has a stupid foul that results in a yellow.

40 minutes: Leslie with a good dribble down the left sideline.. long cross.. Gael with a header.. good diving catch by their keeper.

59 minutes: Bignall on the break.. he holds up.. crosses it for Douniama.. the defender blocks it but out for a corner.

62 minutes: Callum on for Bignall, Langmead on for CS, and McGivern on for Holden who has had a poor game.

77 minutes: Gillett with a brilliant pass threaded between two pairs of defenders.. Douniama in the box.. he shoots right away.. great save by their keeper.

90 minutes: Smith breaks up a pass into the box.. Smith with a long kick.... there are defenders 5-10 yards ahead of Douniama.. but he races by them before then can turn and run.. he taps it ahead.. into the box.. the keeper comes to get it.. Douniama beats him to it.. and kicks it by him into the lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

We win the match 1-0.

Tommy Smith is the star of the match with a 8.9 rating. Douniama with a 8.2. CB with a 8.1. Holden was the low man with a 5.8 before he was subbed.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 30, 2010 -

CS suffered a severe twisted ankle in training today. He will be out for 1-2 months He will be missed as he was key to providing toughness and defense to our midfield.

October 2, 2010 -

Today we play at Wrexham. We are in 1st and they are in 24th. We are heavily favored. They are our rivals and are expected to come out with a lot of intensity.

McGivern back into the starting lineup for Holden. Langmead is starting in CS's spot.

It is pouring today.

2 minutes: Douniama with a steal.. he dribbles into the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Leslie with the rebound on the half-volley.. smashing shot for the GOAL!!! 1-0.

10 minutes: Gael gets called for tripping in the box, giving them a penalty shot. Morgan steps up.. shoots.. Neal guessed the wrong way. GOAL. 1-1.

14 minutes: Douniama is tripped in the box.. PENALTY! I let Douniama take it.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!! 2-1.

26 minutes: Gillett with a nice through ball... Douniama shoots from 10 yards.. past the keeper.. and off the post.. it bounces and hits the keeper in the back.. he dives.. and falls on it before it crosses the line.

44 minutes: We catch them on the counter.. Gillett to Bignall to Douniama in the box.. he shoots.. great save by the keeper to push it wide.

Halftime: We lead 2-1.

McGivern was hurt earlier in the half and it is slowing him down. Holden in for him.

50 minutes: Douniama is hit hard.. he shakes it off but he might be hurt.

63 minutes: Scannell in for Gael and Callum in for Douniama.

69 minutes: Bignall with a strong move to dribble between 2 defenders to get into the box.. he shoots.. good parry by the keeper.

91 minutes: Perfect passing down the pitch.. CB to Gillett to Langmead to Gillet.. to CB supporting on the right wing.. to Scannell deep in the box on the right side.. he shoots from a severe angle.. but it is blistering and on target.. GOAL!!! 3-1. The fans are chanting Scannell's name!

Leslie was the star of the match with a 8.6. CB with a 7.6, Scannell with a 7.3 despite the limited run.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 9, 2010 -

Douniama, Traore, and Bright are all away on international duty. With the travelers and injury, we are light on the bench today. Our starting lineup for a match against 8th place Aldershot:

DL: Holden
DC: Langmead
ML: Leslie
MC: Disley
MR: Gael
ST: Callum

17 seconds: Callum takes the opening tap.. passes it back to Gillett.. Gillett plays a high pass towards the box.. Bignall beats two men to it.. shoots right away.. a laser from 25 yards out.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

16 minutes: Langmead with a terrible defensive error that gives Hylton an easy point blank shot at goal.. he buries the shot. Tied at 1.

29 minutes: Gillett to Callum on the fastbreak.. Callum driving towards the box.. he threads a nice pass into the box.. Bignall breaks and gets to it.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 2-1.

Halftime: 2-1 lead.

49 minutes: Leslie with a great cross... Callum heads it.. past the keeper.. the crossbar rejects it. They clear the rebound.

59 minutes: Bignall with a nice pass into the box.. Callum shoots.. good job by the keeper to push it over the bar.. Callum is hurt. I bring on Hibbert for him.

70 minutes: Bignall with a nice pass into the box for Hibbert.. he shoots.. way over the bar.

73 minutes: Neal with a strong save on a shot by Hylton.

77 minutes: Gillett passes to Hibbert.. he shoots from just outside the box.. past the keeper.. it bounces off the left post.. and out.

85 minutes: Their other striker gets off a blast of a shot from just outside the box.. Neal with a great dive to push it wide for a corner.

93 minutes: We fall apart just before the final whistle.. they get off 2 shoots that we chased away, but then Leslie turns it over.. a quick long pass into the right side of the box for Herd.. he crosses it to the far post where Grant heads it past Neal. GOAL. Tied at 2. Very disappointing.

Bignall was the star of the match with a 9.0. Gillett with a 8.1. Leslie with a very disappointing 5.3.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 16, 2010 -

We host Macclesfield who are in 20th place. We are very strong favorites for this match. All of our stars are back into the lineup except for Rocky. Bignall and Douniama start up front. Langmead moves back to the defensive midfield spot and Traore is back at DC. Callum will come off the bench today.

5 minutes: Traore clears a cross.. heads it to Langmead.. he passes to Bignall.. long pass towards the box.. Douniama beats everyone to it.. two defenders pressuring him from behind.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.

12 minutes: Traore steals it.. he passes to Langmead.. passes to Gillett.. passes into the right side of the box.. Gael is there.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. the narrow angle.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

We dominated possession the 1st half, but didn't get any other good opportunities. We lead 1-0 at the half.

46 minutes: Douniama steals it from their leftback.. he dribbles down the right side of the pitch.. towards the corner.. he plays a long cross.. beautiful pass.. Bignall and the keeper jump for it.. Bignall gets to it first.. he heads it.. past the keeper.. and IN! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

63 minutes: Callum on for Douniama and Scannell on for Leslie.

We dominate possession and are never threatened.

2-0 win.

Gael was the star of the match with a 8.0. Leslie was the low man with a 6.7.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 23 -

We travel to play Darlington who are in 23rd place. We are strong favorites. Rocky returns to the starting lineup. Tommy Smith was hurt in training a few days ago and will miss this match. Holden will start at centerback instead. It is raining today.

1st minute: They hit us with 4 quick passes to get Durcell open in the box.. he unleashes a blast.. lower left corner.. Neal dives.. pushes it.. still a goal. Down 1-0.

2 minutes: Bignall pushes the ball past a defender.. into the box.. he shoots.. the keeper parries.. Douniama hits the rebound on the half volley.. he keeper dives.. and tips it wide. Amazing save.

31 minutes: Langmead with a nice through ball. Bignall gets it.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. the keeper parries it. They clear the rebound.

44 minutes: Main shoots a quick curving blast from 35 yards out and it gets by Neal! Down 2-0.

Halftime: I sub out Langmead and go with a 4-3-3 bringing Callum into the game.

57 minutes: We catch them on the counter.. Rocky passes to Bignall down the left side.. he centers for Callum.. he passes to Douniama on his right.. he shoots... their keeper dives and tips it over the bar.

60 minutes: Gael picks up a yellow for a trip. I put Scannell in for him.

63 minutes: Neal lets a soft goal in by Main.. Our young phenom keeper, Sneed might get the next start if this continues..

77 minutes: Holden misses an interception.. Main from pointblank.. Neal cannot stop it. Down 4-0.

84 minutes: Callum probing the defense.. he lays a beautiful pass off for Gillett who shoots a blistering shot.. past the keeper.. off the right post.. and back out.

A very disappointing loss, 4-0.

Holden with a 4.8. Tons of guys in the low 5's. Our worst match of the year by far.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

To add insult to injury, Traore has been suspended for a match for too many yellow cards.

October 30 -

We host Dag & Red today. They are in 10th place. We remain in 1st place. We are favored in the match.

17 year old Jed Sneer will start at keeper for us today.

CS isn't 100%, but he will start at MC (defensive) spot. Langmead will start for Traore and Smith is healthy enough to play again. Callum will start in place of Douniama who will come on late for speed when/if needed.

16 minutes: Rocky to Bignall to Callum in the box.. he has a good look.. he shoots.. over the bar.

36 minutes: Rocky on the counter.. he crosses it towards the far post.. Callum with the header.. over the bar.

45 minutes: Bignall with a fancy dribble to split two defenders.. he dribbles into the box.. hard shot.. on target.. the keeper parries it wide.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Jed hasn't been tested.

55 minutes: CS is exhausted. I put in Disley for him. Bignall has picked up a minor injury. I bring in Douniama for him.

68 minutes: Callum with a blistering curling shot from 30 yards out.. past the keeper.. and off the crossbar.

83 minutes: Gillett passes to Douniama in the box.. he draws two defenders.. he dribbles back.. out of the box.. he passes it to Gillett just inside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

88 minutes: Despite telling all of my guys to go into a shell.. they get a through ball into the box.. Jed comes to get it.. Josh Scott beats him there by an inch.. he taps it past Jed into the goal. Tied at 1. Sheesh.

We tie 1-1.

Gillett was MOM with a 7.7. Jed Steer was low man with a 6.6.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bignall twisted his knee in the match and is out for 3-4 weeks.

Nov 6 -

We are very strong favorites for our 1st round match of the FA cup at Ebbsfleet.

We are moving Neal back into the starting keeper spot. Smith and Traore are starting in our centerback spots. Callum and Douniama starting up front.

11 minutes: Despite them keeping 8 men back.. our midfielders with precision passing to probe for holes.. Callum outside the box.. plays a perfect ball in for Douniama who gets to it and shoots immediately.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. and it is a GOAL!!! 1-0.

42 miutes: Rocky passes it into the box.. their defender intercepts it.. and passes it right to Douniama in the box! He shoots.. he scores!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead.

63 minutes: Leslie and Scannell into the game at each wing spot.

70 minutes: Gillett with a lovely through ball into the left side of the box.. Leslie shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

We win the match 3-0.

Gillett was the star with a 8.9. Douniama with 2 goals and a 8.8. Rocky was the low man with a 6.9.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 13 -

Our next game is at Port Vale. We are in 1st and they are in 3rd. They are slightly favored.

4 minutes: McGivern steals it.. passes it up the left side.. Rocky gets to it on the corner.. he crosses it to the far post.. Callum with a header.. their keeper blocks it.. their defender clears the rebound for a corner.

6 minutes: Gael steals it from their leftback.. quickly passes it to Douniama outside the box.. he draws two defenders.. he splits them.. passes it to Callum.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

9 minutes: They pull their leftback who just turned it over again.

38 minutes: McGivern passes to Gillett.. he dribbles up the pitch.. he shoots a blast from 25 yards out.. the keeper tips it.. upper right corner.. it hits crossbar then the post.. then bounces out. They clear the rebound.

Halftime: We are up 1-0.

45 minutes: Marc Richards takes the tap.. he shoots from 30 yards out.. a rapid shot.. it caught Neal unawares.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

57 minutes: Rocky with a corner.. to the short post.. Tommy Smith with a great leap.. he unleashes a powerful header.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 2-1.

58 minutes: Disley on for a tired Gillett.

72 minutes: A short corner.. Kelly, their centerback, heads it.. right past Neal. GOAL. Tied at 2.

A 2-2 tie. I'll take it on the road against this quality team.

CS led the team with a 7.4. Douniama was the low man with a 6.5.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 20 -

Today we host Bournemouth. They are right behind us in 2nd place and could take the lead with a win today. We are slight favorites at home. Their most dangerous player is midfielder Joe Partington. CS is out with a minor injury and Langmead will start at midfield for us.

13 minutes: Langmead with a steal.. he chips it ahead.. Douniama gets to it.. he knocks it forward.. he catches up to it.. he dribbles into the box.. the keeper cuts his angle.. two defenders catching him.. he dribbles out to the right edge of the box.. he centers.. the defender knocks it back to Douniama.. he centers again.. far post.. the keeper tries to intercept it.. misses.. Callum with the header.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: We've kept possession 70% of the time this half, but no other good opportunities.

50 minutes: Parthington steals it.. passes it towards the box.. Brett Pitman gets to it.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. Neal dives.. but cannot get there.. GOAL. 1-1.

63 minutes: Callum gets the ball from Langmead.. Callum passes it into teh box.. great pass. Rocky gets to it.. he shoots from 10 yards.. past the keeper.. and wide left.

65 minutes: Leslie and Scannell into the game at the winger spots.

75 minutes: A flurry of activity from a corner kick.. they block one attempt.. a defender blocks a 2nd.. a scurry for the ball... they clear it.

88 minutes: Leslie with a strong centering pass.. Douniama knocks it down.. and kicks it.. over the bar.

90 minutes: WOW. Douniama dribbles into the box.. spins away from a defender.. crosses over another defender.. and passes it for Scannell who drills a shot into the lower right corner for a GOAL!!! 2-1.

We win the important match 2-1.

Douniama is the MOM with a 8.4. Callum with a 8.0. Rocky and Gael are low men with 6.5's.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 21, 2010 -

Peterborough has fired Jim Gannon and I'm the hands-on favorite to get the job. They are currently 20th in the Championship. I decline to comment on whether or not I would want the job.

Nov 23 -

Only 3 days since our last match as we prepare for Torquay on their pitch. They are in 13th place. We are strong favorites. Bignall has been cleared to play for this match. CS has also been cleared. CS will play in the midfield. Bignall will work his way back as bench player.

4 minutes: Gillett to Callum.. a beautiful pass into the box.. Douniama shoots.. lower right corner.. GO.. they call Douniama offsides.

9 minutes: Smith with a long pass.. Douniama beats everyone to it.. he dribbles right of the box.. long cross.. Callum gets up.. heads it.. past the keeper.. but wide left!

50 minutes: Langmead on for CS, Bignall on for Callum, and Scannell on for Gael.

71 minutes: CB with a long pass.. Bignall beats the defender to it.. gets a good shot off under pressure.. the keeper pushes it wide.

Torquay with a very conservative approach gets the 0-0 draw.

Chris Neal was the player of the match with a 8.3. Douniama was the low man with a 6.8.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 27, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Accrington in the FA cup 2nd round. We are slight favorites despite being on the road. I'm starting Bignall in place of Callum. Otherwise, we have the same lineup.

1 minute: We have a flurry in front of our keeper.. we clear it.. Douniama is dribbling down the field.. Vermooten with a hard nasty trip on him.. Vermooten gets a yellow.

22 minutes: Gillett passes to Douniama in front of the box.. he draws two defenders.. he splits them.. passes over to Bignall.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0. Douniama made that goal easy.

37 minutes: CB steals it at midfield.. he passes to Douniama.. he holds.. splits two defenders.. passes it to Gael on the right side of the box.. Gael shoots.. lower left corner.. hard angle.. past the keeper.. off the post.. and in!!! 2-0.

Halftime: We lead 2-0.

64 minutes: Langmead on for CS, Leslie on for Rocky, and Callum on for Bignall.

76 minutes: McGivern starts our fast break.. he passes to Gillett who passes to Gael.. he dribbles into the edge of the box.. shoots between two defenders.. they screened the keeper who doesn't even move as it flashes by him for the GOAL!!! 3-0.

We win the match 3-0.

Gael with 2 goals is the MOM with a 9.1 rating. Douniama with a 8.8. Gillett with a 8.1. CS a low man with 6.8.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 30 -

Even though we are at home, we are slight underdogs against 4th place Brighton. Their most dangerous player is striker Liam Dickinson. Callum will start in place of Bignall who is a bit tired from the last game.

13 minutes: Gillett to Douniama just outside the box.. he passes to Callum in the box.. he shoots.. weak shot... the keeper parries it. They clear the rebound.. they catch us on the counter.. Smith breaks up a pass.. they get it back.. cross from the right corner.. Neal comes out and grabs it to his chest.

41 minutes: Gillett passes to the right side of the box.. Douniama gets there.. unleashes a blast.. their keeper does well to push it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0. Gael is exhausted. Scannell into the game.

50 minutes: Callum with a strong dribble to get by 2 defenders and into the box.. he is in good position.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. great dive by their keeper to push it wide.

67 minutes: Alan Navarro with a very rough tackle on Gillett.. Navarro already got a yellow earlier.. he gets a 2nd one for the red card! I bring in Leslie for Rocky and Bignall for Callum. Let's push the attack.. They are going into a shell.

75 minutes: Bignall with a good dribble into the box.. he shoots.. over the keeper.. and just over the bar.

87 minutes: They attack.. CB breaks up the attack.. passes to Gillett who plays a lovely through ball up the pitch.. Bignall is first there.. he dribbles all alone into the box... he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

90 minutes: Leslie plays it up the left side.. Bignall gets to it.. he passes to the right side of the box.. Douniama... he shoots.. he scores! No, offside negates it.

We win the game 1-0.

Gillett is the MOM with a 8.3. Rocky is the low man with a 6.7 - he just isn't doing that well in our system.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 4, 2010 -

We travel to play Northampton today. They are 21st in the league and we are favored. Bignall will start in place of Callum.

10 minutes: Douniama with a steal.. he passes it back to Gillett.. who chips a shot up the pitch.. Douniama beats everyone to it.. he dribbles in the box.. the keeper playing the angle.. a defender catches him from behind with a perfect tackle to know it out for a corner... they head the corner out of the box.. Smith plays it forward for Gael... Gael passes to Bignall. Bignall with a sweet little pass towards the left side of the 6 yard box.. Rocky beats everyone to it.. he hits it immediately.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

12 minutes: CS picks up a yellow.

45 minutes: They catch us on the counter.. Dyer with a long pass from their half.. Herbert gets to it.. Traore' misplays him.. Herbert shoots from 10 yards out.. upper right corner.. Neal dives.. he can't get there. GOAL. 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1. Langmead into the game for CS.

57 minutes: Traore picks up a yellow for a trip on Herbert.

63 minutes: Callum in for Douniama. Holden in for Traore'

87 minutes: Alex Dyer gets a 2nd yellow for a hard tackle on Gillett!

They go in a shell.. we can't get a good shot.

92 minutes: Rocky is hurt by a hard tackle.

Game ends in a 1-1 draw.

Rocky was the man of the match with a 8.0. Traore' had a 5.6.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 11 -

Today we play at Morecambe. They ae in 17th place and we are favored. We are using the same lineup as last match.

4 minutes: Douniama withe a short corner to Tommy Smith in the box.. he shoots.. a big time blast.. left side of the net.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

19 minutes: CS gets a yellow card for a hard tackle.

Halftime: We lead 1-0.

46 minutes: McGivern passes to Rocky just outside the box.. he dribble into the left side of the box.. strong shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives and barely tips it over the bar.

52 minutes: Gillett with a free kick from 40 yards out.. he plays a nice ball towards the left post.. Bignall outjumps his man.. heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

60 minutes: Scannell in for Gael and Langmead in for CS.

We win the match 2-0.

Gillett was the MOM with a 8.7. Tommy Smith with a 8.3. Several players with a 6.8.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 16 -

Charlton (7th in the Championship) are rumored to be interested in buying Gillett

Dec 18 -

We host Burton today. They are in 14th place and we are favored to win this match.

8 minutes: Gillett with a beautiful free kick towards the right post.. Bignall with a header.. it grazed the bar and sailed over.

10 minutes: Gillett with a beautiful pass on the break.. to the left side of the box.. Rocky is there.. he sizes it up.. shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper is late.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

14 minutes: They have a fastbreak.. Neal blocks the shot.. the other striker gets a shot off on the rebound.. Neal catches it to his chest!

27 minutes: Smith to Gillett to Douniama.. quick tap into the box for Bignall.. he shoots.. an absolute shotgun.. GOAL!!! 2-0.

30 minutes: Gael with an incisive pass from midfield.. Douniama breaks away from 2 defenders to latch onto.. he dribbles into the right half of the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

33 minutes: Gillett passes to Bignall outside the box.. he fakes to his left.. dribbles right.. splits two defenders.. he shoots lower right corner.. GOAL!!! 4-0.

Halftime: 4-0 lead.

50 minutes: Webster with a powerful header off a corner.. past Neal.. goal. 4-1.

65 minutes: Leslie, Langmead, and Scannell into the match.

74 minutes: Traore is hurt.. he has to be carried off the pitch.. Crud. We go to a 4-3-2 with Langmead moving back to DC.

We win the match 4-1.

Bignall with a 9.1, Gillett with a 9, and Douniama with a 8.6.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

CS has been given a 2 match suspension for 10 yellow cards

Douniama is out for 1-2 weeks with a wrist injury.

Dec 22 -

Ryan McGivern with a foot injury today. He will be out 4 weeks or so.

Dec 26 -

Today we play at Hereford and we are favored to win the match.

Callum in for the injured Douniama. Langmead starts for the suspended CS, and Holden in for the injury McGivern.

7 minutes: Neal saves a point blank shot.

10 minutes: We catch them on the counter.. Bignall dribbling down the left half of the pitch.. he crosses towards the far post.. Gael hits it on the half-volley.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

15 minutes: Their McCallum beats Traore with a crossover dribble.. gets into the box.. shoots from 10 yards.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

44 minutes: Gillett with a yellow for a tough tackle.

Halftime: 1-1.

46 minutes: Gillett passes to Douniama in the box.. he shoots.. barely wide right.

47 minutes: Bartlett with a brilliant save of a shot by Callum.

53 minutes: Callum with a corner.. he finds Smith.. powerful header.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 2-1.

55 minutes: Gillett passes to Bignall in the box.. Bignall fends off two defenders.. splits them with a nifty move.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-1.

60 minutes: CB is banged up.. I'm going to ask Scannell to play some right back.

79 minutes: Gael plays along cross from the right side of the pitch.. their keeper intercepts.. but drops it.. Rocky there to tap it in! GOAL!!! 4-1.

83 minutes: Gwynne with a breakaway.. he dribbles deep into the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL. 4-2.

91 minutes: Holden with a turnover in the box.. Gwynne puts it away.. GOAL. 4-3.

We win the match 4-3.

Gael was the MOM with a 9.1. Bignall with a 9. Rocky with a 8.1.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Gillett was suspended 1 match for too many yellow cards

Dec 27, 2010 -

We just signed Douniama to a lucrative contract that double his salary this year and extends it through next season. I've also signed Leslie, Langmead and Scannell to extensions. There are several players that I'm going to wait to extend with the expectation that we are going to get promoted and they aren't quite quality enough to play at the next level..

Dec 28 -

Just 2 days since our last match and we have Tranmere at their place. They are in 6th place and are slightly favored.

Just before the match, several players sign extensions:

Gillett! Also, CB (despite several clubs asking for him - I guess he is committed to us), and Traore.

There are rumors out that that Bradford is going to offer a half million dollars for CB. All of the previous offers have been from clubs in Ireland and have only been for 30k-50k.....

Now, to the match. Due to injuries/suspensions we are shuffling quite a bit.. Langmead will play left side full back, Holden plays his preferred right side full back, young player Shane Williams starts at midfield, and Leslie starts in the midfield. Scannell is starting for a tired Gael.

3 minutes: Scannell picks up a knock.

5 minutes: Leslie passes to Callum.. he plays a perfect through ball into the box.. Bignall is there.. he shoots.. a blast!!! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

60 minutes: Disley in at midfield and Gael in at right wing.

78 minutes: Traore' with a serious injury.. Out of necessity we go with a 3-4-1-2 with Robinson coming at the attacking midfield spot..

We play very conservative...

We win the match 1-0.

Bignall with a 8.3. Neal was low man with a 6.6.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1, 2011 -

Bignall won the League 2 Player of the month award! Simon Gillett came in 2nd place for the award.

Rocky won the League 2 Young Player of the month award. Tommy Smith came in 2nd.

Our 3rd round FA Cup match is at home vs Colchester. They are 8th in League 1. We are in 1st place in League 2. They are slight favorites. Their defense is their strength as well as midfielder John-Joe O'Toole.

Due to injuries we are starting Leslie Neal at left fullback

The rest of our lineup is good: Neal (GK), Smith, Langmead, Holden, Rocky, CS, Gillett, Gael, Bignall, and Callum.

We will come out very defenisvely oriented....

22 minutes: They have been applying the pressure but Langmead with a long pass.. Bignall latches onto it near mid-pitch.. he dribbles past a defender.. past another defender.. he gets into the box.. two defenders closing in on him.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper was leaning the wrong way.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. Pure magic from Bignall!

44 minutes: Callum passes to Bignall in the box.. he shoots from 18 yards out.. wide left.

46 minutes: Fox passes to Mayor in the box.. he splits two defenders.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. it hits the crossbar.. hits the ground.. and bounces in.

47 minutes: CS passes a lovely through ball... Thompson misses the interception... Callum gets it wide open in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

61 minutes: Jake Robinson on for Gael who is hurt. Shane Williams on for CS who has picked up a yellow card. Douniama on for Callum who is tired.

CRUD!!! CS got a 2nd yellow card before the sub could go in

Instead, we go to a 4-4-1 bringing in Jake for Gael, Shane for CS's spot, and Douniama for Callum. We pull Bignall as well. We are going very defensive..

They had a few opportunities, but no kicks that threatened goal. Our shell holds!

We pull off the upset, 2-1!

Bignall was the MOM with a 8.3. Tommy Smith was huge with a 8.2 His defense was clutch down the stretch. Lewis Neal was low man with a still respectable 6.9.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-10-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 4, 2011 -

Our next game is at home against 21st placed Grimsby. We are very heavy favorites.

CB has been cleared to return and will play at DR allowing Holden to start at DL. Shane Williams will start in the midfield for the suspended CS. Douniama will start for Callum.

17 minutes: Rocky picks up a yellow.

30 minutes: Douniama gets it at midpitch.. he dribbles past two defenders.. past another.. into the box.. he shoots.. the keeper parries it.

36 minutes: Bignall dribbles up the left side of the pitch.. long cross.. Gael with a header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

55 minutes: Bignall on the break on the counter.. he dribbles past a defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. past the keeper.. off the crossbar.. and out.

60 minutes: Disley on for Gillett and Leslie on for Rocky.

82 minutes: Smith heads a corner clear.. except it doesn't get clear.. they shoot from 30 yards out.. it bounces off Steven Leslie.. and past Neal.. GOAL. Tied at 1.

85 minutes: Disaster strikes as Jarman catches us on the counter.. he dribbles into the box.. and blasts a shot past Neal. Down 2-1.

We lose the match 2-1. Very disappointing.

Bignall with a 7.6. CB with a 5.7.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 8, 2011 -

Today we travel to play 5th placed Brentford. They are slight favorites.

CS returns to the starting lineup today.

2 minutes: CS steals it at midfield.. knocks it to Gillett who plays a perfect quick low long pass into the left half of the box.. Bignall splits two defenders.. gets to it.. shoots immediately.. upper right corner.. severe angle.. past the keeper.. in by inches.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

23 minutes: Douniama plays a corner short.. Tommy Smith has it.. shoots immediately.. a blast past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

46 minutes: Saunders to Dickson for a short corner.. he shoots.. off of our defender.. GOAL. 2-1.

52 minutes: They probe the defense.. Saunders to Dickson.. he shoots from 17 yards out.. lower right corner... Neal dives.. he can't get there. GOAL. Tied at 2.

60 minutes: Dean is given a red card for a vicious tackle We go to a 3-4-2 with Callum coming on for Douniama and Robinson on for Gael.

88 minutes: Callum dribbles past a defender.. into the box.. two defenders steer him wide.. he passes to Gillett.. he shoots.. WAY wide left.

We tie 2-2.

Gillett with 8.0, Langmead with a 5.3.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 12, 2011 -

We host Yeovil which is in 8th place but they have multiple injuries as well. They will be playing a 4-4-1-1 today.

Ryan McGivern is going to play through his pain as Holden is injured.

Callum in for Douniama.

8 minutes: They catch us on the counter.. Henderson down the left side.. he centers for Doukoure who buries it from point blank range. Down 1-0.

34 minutes: Doukoure takes it down the left side.. centers for Henderson who buries a point blank shot. This formation is destroying our defense. Down 2-0.

45 minutes: Long pass from Smith.. Bignall gets to it ahead of everyone.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. good save by their keeper.

Down 2-0 at half.

47 minutes: Gael with a long corner.. to the far post.. Rocky heads it.. GOAL!!!! Down 2-1.

50 minutes: Murtagh to Henderson just inside the box.. he shoots.. blistering shot... upper left corner. GOAL. Down 3-1.

51 minutes: Gael dribbles into the right edge of the box.. he plays a short cross.. Bignall with a header.. past the keeper.. and off the bar.. Gael gets the rebound and hits it on the half-volley.. GOAL!!!! 3-2.

54 minutes: Gael steals it.. plays it to Gillett.. who plays a perfect pass just into the box.. Callum gets there.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 3-3.

65 minutes: I'm glad to see Liam Henderson leave the match. Gael is mildly hurt, I put in Douniama at an attacking right wing spot where he has been working..

88 minutes: Douniama dribbles down the right side of the pitch.. burning everyone.. crosses it to the far post.. Callum with a strong header.. just over the bar.

3-3 tie.

Gael with a 8.7, CB with a 6.1.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 15 -

Today we play at Luton. They are in 14th place but are slight favorites.

Tommy Smith is out with an injury he picked up in the last match. Our defense is in real trouble as a result. Holden will start in his place. Leslie in for Rocky this match and Douniama in for Callum.

5 minutes: Wray passes to Haber in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. Neal dives.. is late getting there. GOAL. Down 1-0.

8 minutes: Gillett with a free kick from 40 yards out.. lovely ball into the box.. Langmead jumps.. heads it.. GOAL!!! 1-1.

32 minutes: Langmead with a long pass... Douniama is ahead of everyone.. he shoots.. the keeper parries.. Bignall shoots the rebound.. the keeper parries again!

50 minutes: Long pass from Neal.. to Gael.. quick pass to Douniama.. he gets into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

72 minutes: Neal with a trio of saves in the last 5 minutes!

75 minutes: Long pass.. Hayes gets in the box.. shoots from 10 yards out.. lower left corner.. GOAL. 2-2.

I put in Callum for Bignall.

92 minutes: Long kick from their right back to Hemmings.. he dribbles into the right side of the box.. they have us on the counter.. Haber is on the left edge of the box.. cross.. Haber with a header.. GOAL. Down 3-2. So disappointing.

We lose 3-2.

Douniama with a 8.1, Holden with a 5.2.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 19 -

Today we host Notts Co. They are in 3rd place while we remain in 1st. They are favored due to our injuries.

Our lineup today:

GK: Neal, DL: McGivern (tired), DC: Smith (still partially hurt), DC: Langmead, DR: CB (tired), ML: Rocky, MC: CS, MC: Gillett (tired), MR: Gael, SC: Bignall, SC: Douniama.

1st minute: They catch us on the counter.. Neal with a brilliant save to push a blistering shot wide.

23 minutes: Banton shoots a blistering curling shot from 30 yards out that Neal can't get to as it sails into the upper right corner for a GOAL. Down 1-0.

40 minutes: Bignall passes it to Douniama in the box.. he shoots.. good save by their keeper.

Halftime: Down 1-0.

58 minutes: Rocky picks up a yellow. Leslie on for Rocky and Callum on for Gael. Callum will play striker and Douniama will move to right wing.

61 minutes: CB passes to Callum who spins away from a defender.. into the box.. he hits a well placed shot.. past the keeper.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 1-1.

93 minutes: Gillett with a free kick from 30 yards out.. blistering curling shot.. upper left corner.. their keeper dives.. tips it wide.

1-1 tie. We keep treading water while hurt.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 22 -

Today we play at West Brom in the 4th round of the FA Cup. We are very heavy underdogs as West Brom is currently 3rd in the Championship.

2 minutes: Simon Cox gets it at midpitch.. dribbles past CS.. dribbles past Smith.. crossover to get past Langmead.. into the box.. shoots lower right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

4 minutes: Douniama gets it to Bignall.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

17 minutes: CB misplays a cross and Rodionov gets a strong header.. past the keeper.. off the bar.. and into the goal. Down 2-0.

Halftime: They are applying all of the pressure. We are down 2-0.

52 minutes: Rodionov splits two defenders and finds the net again. We are down 3-0. I pull Tommy Smith who is tired and put in Robinson going with a 3-4-1-2.

58 minutes: Disley on for Gillett.

We lose the match 3-0. Good effort from my team today.

Douniama with a 6.8. CB with a 4.7 (only guy with a really bad game.)
Old 07-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 29, 2011 -

We take on Barnet at their place. We are in 1st place while they are in 19th. We are significant favorites. We are also rested for the first time in a few weeks.

20 minutes: Gillett with a nice pass to Douniama in the box.. he shoots from 14 yards out.. good save by their keeper.

42 minutes: Bignall passes to Douniama in the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

60 minutes: Callum on for Bigball and Scannell on for Gael.

Barnet plays an effective turtle the 2nd half.

0-0 tie.

Gillett with a 7.7 for high of the match. CB low man with a 6.8. I think he is being bothered by heavy transfer speculation about him.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 5, 2011 -

Today we play at Accrington who are in 11th place. We are slight favorites.

45 minute: Gillett sets up Douniama in the box.. a good look.. he shoots.. right at the keeper.

0-0 tie. We've had very few good opportunities. They have had none.

46 minutes: Douniama with a brilliant dribble down most of the pitch.. he dribbles deep into the box.. shoots from point blank.. the keeper blocks it.

63 minutes: Bignall has picked up a knock. Callum on for him. Disley on for CS who is hurt as well.

84 minutes: James Dalton with a pair of impressive saves for them.

87 minutes: Gillett gets the ball to Douniama.. he dribbles into the right half of the box.. he shoots.. good save by Dalton again.

0-0 tie.

Douniama is MOM with a 7.5. Bignall with a 6.3.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That tie drops us into a tie for first place with 2 other teams and us all at 59 points. Brighton and Notts Co are the other 2 team.

Feb 7 -

Tranmere offers me their head coaching job. I turn it down. They are 9th in League 2 and have a lower budget than we do.

Feb 12 -

We host Wrexham next. They are in 24th place. We are heavily favored.

Callum moves into the starting lineup for a slightly tired/injured Bignall.

2 minutes: Smith knocks away a cross.. starts a counter.. Callum gets it.. passes it ahead.. CS is leading the charge.. he rushes up court.. he unleashes a blast from 25 yards out.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. he is late.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

34 minutes: We are probing their defense.. Gillett passes it into the left half of the box.. Rocky gets to it.. unleashes an immediate blast from 12 yards out.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

53 minutes: Gael dribbles down the right side of the pitch.. passes to Douniama in the right edge of the box.. he dribbles to the end line.. passes back to Callum in the middle of the box.. Callum shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 3-0.

63 minutes: They catch us on the counter.. Westcare into the box.. he shoots.. he scores. 3-1. We put in Leslie for Rocky and Scannell for Gael.

68 minutes: Gillett passes to Douniama.. he has a terrific spin move away from 2 defenders.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. past the keeper.. it hits the post.. and bounces in!!! GOAL!!!! 4-1.

73 minutes: Jason St. Juste with a vicious tackle on Gillett.. RED CARD!! Leslie takes the free kick from 30 yards out.. he unleashes a powerful curling shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 5-1.

78 minutes: Tennant tackles Douniama in the box.. PENALTY! Douniama takes the shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!! 6-1.

We win the match 6-1. Glorious win against our rivals.

Douniama is MOM with a 9.3. Gillett with a 9.2, Callum with a 9.1, CB with a 8.2, CS with a 8.2, Langmead was low man with a 7.6.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 19 -

Today we host Lincoln. They are in 17th place. Despite this, we are only slight favorites. Traore' is available again. We'll bring him on as a sub as his conditioning needs work.

1 minute: Last game I made a major change to our strategy and it pays off again as we carefully probe their defense until Callum finds Douniama in the left side of the box.. Douniama shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

45 minutes: Gael dribbles down the right side.. long cross.. Callum with the header.. past the keeper.. barely over the bar.

73 minutes: Traore on for Smith who is tired and Holden on for CB.

We win the match 1-0.

Douniama is MOM with a 7.4. Callum is low man with a 6.5.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 22 -

Today we travel to play Crewe who are in 11th place. We are slight favorites.

Traore in for Langmead, Leslie on for Rocky, and Scannell on for Gael to start this match.

It's pouring with gale force winds...

Halftime: 0-0. Neither side can do much.

56 minutes: Gillett gets the ball deep in our zone.. passes it the length of the pitch.. Bignall gets to it.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. A great strike from 15 yards out.

75 minutes: Rocky on at right wing for Scannell.

82 minutes: Rocky dribbles down the right side of the pitch.. passes to Douniama... he dribbles into the box.. shoots a blast.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!! 2-0.

We win the match 2-0.

Douniama wins MoM with a 8.9, Gillett with a 8.2, Bignall with a 7.6. Scannell is low man with a 6.3.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That win gave us sole possession of 1st place again with 12 matches to go in the season.

Feb 26 -

We host Aldershot who are now in 17th place. We are very heavy favorites. Gael back at right wing and Rocky at LW. They are going with a conservative 4-5-1.

9 minutes: McGivern starts our counter.. Bignall dribbles down the left sideline... short cross.. Douniama hits it on the half-volley.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

33 minutes: Gillett gets it deep in our territory.. plays a high chip.. Douniama heads it on up the pitch.. runs past everyone to get it.. shoots right when he gets to the ball... the keeper dives.. tips it.. still a GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead.

71 minutes: Holden on for CB and Leslie on for Rocky.

We win the match 2-0.

Douniama wins MoM with a 8.8, Gillett with a 8.4, Bignall with a 8.0, and Gael was low man with a 6.8.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 28, 2011 -

Douniama is drawing a lot of attention and flirting with Oldham in the media. I'm starting to doubt I'll be able to hold him all through his contract...

March 1 -

Douniama won player of the month for League 2. Callum won Young Player of the Month in League 2.

I have a very tough decision - Peterbrough has just offered me their job. They are currently 24th in the Championship and I wouldn't have much time to turn them around and help them avoid relegation. Otherwise, it would be a definite go.. I'll take time and think about it.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After some consideration, I decide to turn down the Peterbrough job. If I was offered it at the beginning of the year, I would have jumped at it.

March 4, 2011 -

CS suffered a twisted knee in training today. He will miss about a month.

March 5 -

We play at Macclesfield. They are in 24th and we are heavy favorites.

They are going to play a 3-5-2. We are putting Langmead in at CS's spot.

21 minutes: CB supporting the attack.. long cross to the left side of the box.. Bignall with a header.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!! 1-0.

53 minutes: Bignall passes to Rocky in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

60 minutes: McGivern with an incisive pass into the box.. the keeper tries to stop Douniama from getting it.. Douniama gets it.. shoots it past the keeper.. and off the left post!

62 minutes: We have them on the counter.. Smith to Gillett to Douniama in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. sharp angle.. past the keeper.. just inside the left post.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

65 minutes: Leslie on for Rocky and Scannell for Gael.

We win the match 2-0.

CB is MoM with a 7.8, Rocky is low man with a 6.8.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 12, 2011 -

We host Darlington who are 12th in the League. We are heavily favored despite them upsetting us last match, 4-0.

1st minute: Bignall takes it left of the box.. tries to center.. it is blocked.. Rocky gets the carom.. shoots.. it is deflected.. to Douniama in the middle of the box.. he shoots from point blank.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

10 minutes: Neal with a point blank save!

16 minutes: They have a corner.. and Langmead heads it into our net!! 1-1.

21 minutes: Bignall with a hard shot from 22 yards out.. their keeper pushes it wide.

We have several corner attempts but no success with any of them.

Halftime: Tied at 1.

46 minutes: Langmead passes to Douniama who shoots from 25 yards out.. blistering shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it.. still into the net!! GOAL!!!!! 2-1.

69 minutes: Shane Williams on for CS who has a yellow and Scannell on for Gael.

71 minutes: Scannell with a short corner... Smith knocks it down.. turns.. shoots a laser... GOAL!!!!! 3-1.

73 minutes: Traore steals it at midpitch.. passes it ahead to Bignall who taps it further ahead.. he beats two defenders.. he is alone in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!! 4-1. That is Bignall's 20th goal of the year.

We win the match 4-1.

Douniama with a 9.1, Bignall with a 8.9, everyone else in the high 6 to low 7 range.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 15, 2011 -

A devastating training injury as CB just suffered a severe fracture of his leg. He is expected to be out 6-8 weeks. An offer of 325k for him was speculated.

March 19th -

We travel to play Dag & Red today. They are in 4th place while we are in 1st place by 3 points over Brighton. They are slight favorites. Besides the injured CB, we are without Traore and Douniama due to international play.

Langmead starts for Traore and Holden for CB. Shane Williams gets the start at midfield and Callum at striker.

35 minutes: They are one of the few teams with enough speed at centerback to keep up with Bignall on a counter attempt.

57 minutes: Gillett passes to Bignall.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. the keeper paries it to a defender.. who knocks it right back to Bignall.. he shoots again.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

62 minutes: Paul Benson gets a goal on the breakaway.. but he was FAR offside and it is called to negate the goal.

68 minutes: A header off a corner gets past our keeper and hits the crossbar but McGivern clears the rebound.

77 minutes: Gillett gets it ahead to Bignall.. he shoots from 18 yards out.. the keeper pushes it wide.

90 minutes: Thurgood passes to O'Keefe in the edge of the box.. Langmead missed the interception.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

1-1 Tie.

Bignall with a 7.4, Langmead and Holden both with mid 5's.