Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #1
mac88
n00b

Passing unit cohesion ?

Hopefully somebody can help me here (this is for multiplayer)… I’m a big fan of unit cohesion, my ‘passing unit cohesion’ is currently at 100, my qb is rated a 45ovr and is getting paid a shit ton bc I keep resigning him. He is currently in the last year of his contract, my plan was to tag him and resign him to a long term deal again. But I’m wondering if I let him hit free agency, and resign him for what I think would be much less, how big of a hit will my ‘passing unit cohesion’ take? Technically nothing has changed, he is my qb again, but will the unit cohesion be heavily affected since he was off the team and then re signed? Should I even worry about this? Any help would be great

Cheers

mac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:46 AM   #2
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88 View Post
Hopefully somebody can help me here (this is for multiplayer)… I’m a big fan of unit cohesion, my ‘passing unit cohesion’ is currently at 100, my qb is rated a 45ovr and is getting paid a shit ton bc I keep resigning him. He is currently in the last year of his contract, my plan was to tag him and resign him to a long term deal again. But I’m wondering if I let him hit free agency, and resign him for what I think would be much less, how big of a hit will my ‘passing unit cohesion’ take? Technically nothing has changed, he is my qb again, but will the unit cohesion be heavily affected since he was off the team and then re signed? Should I even worry about this? Any help would be great

Cheers

Basically he will be like a new sigues player and will affect ypur Cohesión.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

Your cohesion will only suffer if you cut or trade him, or he gets signed elsewhere and then comes back to you. If you just let his contract elapse, and then either tag or re-sign him, the clock will not reset. He will remain listed as being on the team since the year you drafted/obtained him initially.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Your cohesion will only suffer if you cut or trade him, or he gets signed elsewhere and then comes back to you. If you just let his contract elapse, and then either tag or re-sign him, the clock will not reset. He will remain listed as being on the team since the year you drafted/obtained him initially.
To piggyback on this, Cohesion is based on the "Joined Team" number in the lower left box of the player card. Unless a player is cut, traded, or was not under contract the previous season, during FA1 and FA2 he is still associated with the team he was on during the previous year, and the "Joined Team" field reflects that. If he is not signed by TC, his association with the team is cleared out, and "Joined Team" resets to null.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

I learnt something new today, thanks guys.

Last edited by Sharkn20 : 08-16-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #6
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

I have had a lingering question.

All those UDFAs that I sign and likely drop, are those depressing my cohesion?
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #7
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushikawa View Post
I have had a lingering question.

All those UDFAs that I sign and likely drop, are those depressing my cohesion?

I don't think so. The Cohesion calculation is made based on who is on your roster and how long they've been on your roster, not who was on your roster.

Put another way, and assuming you've made no other moves to your roster (for this thought experiment):

When you add a FA your cohesion goes down.

When you add and then cut a FA your cohesion goes back to where it was before you added the FA, like nothing ever happened.

Also, I may be completely off on this, but I think your cohesion score is generated by starters/people in depth chart. I believe that's what I read somewhere sometime as it related to cohesion being wrong before TC or Preseason 2 when ratings are updated. If a bunch of guys retire or you cut guys before then your cohesion takes a *huge* drop, but mostly because those slots in the depth charts are empty, which calculates as a 0 for cohesion. Of course this may be 2k7 or FOF7 ideas and FOF8 may be completely different, but I haven't investigated enough.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #8
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
I don't think so. The Cohesion calculation is made based on who is on your roster and how long they've been on your roster, not who was on your roster.

Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
Also, I may be completely off on this, but I think your cohesion score is generated by starters/people in depth chart.

But it's easier to just ignore the cohesion score, and instead understand that cohesion is a factor on every play, based on the players active for that play. Those guys, their years on the team, and their previous play/starts - that's what matters.

...to the extent any of it does. *shurg*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #9
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Some good points there Garion, I also seem to think that having stability at group Leaders helps cohesion sustain or increase.
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
garion333
High School Varsity

Let's not forget the mild bonus you get for having a Head Coach on the team for a while. There's a small bonus there.

I believe the jury is still out on coordinators though.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote