Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #851
Radii
Head Coach

Has anyone successfully connected FM14 to their youtube account? It seems like the Youtube/Google integration makes this problematic?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #852
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Has anyone successfully connected FM14 to their youtube account? It seems like the Youtube/Google integration makes this problematic?

I have not. IIRC I tried once, had no luck.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #853
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll make this observation about the L9 mod -- I'm sure the same could happen in other leagues too -- it's a very different experience than any I've had with other career in any version of the game.

Even as someone who often controls all three squads personally, this is by far the most interaction I've had with extremely young players. The budget I've been given is adequate but not outrageous, meaning I have to be selective in who is under contract vs who is left on a p.a. basis. And after the board insisted on participating in the U18 league (and were willing to fund a full-time Reserves head coach I opted to field a squad there as well), I find myself trying to field three matches a week with only about 50 players (last time I did that I believe I had 92 players to work with). Throw in poor stamina, subpart physios, lackluster coaching ... it's a very different feel.

That's a credit to the game IMO, after this many years to feel like you're doing things you've never done before & to have it be an engaging experience that makes you look at things differently, make different decisions, etc.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #854
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Welcome to the Premier League, Port Vale. Your first 3 league matches?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City.

Ow.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #855
PilotMan
Head Coach

Made a very slight tweak to our rambling 443 by unticking the retain possession rule. The result has been over 20 shots on goal now in 3 straight games. Possession hasn't been great, neither has the finishing but we are constantly pressuring the keeper now. Just crushed Linfield 4-1 on the road with 29 shots.

We were NOT favored in this game still despite being the defending champs and in first.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:37 PM   #856
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I have not. IIRC I tried once, had no luck.

Yeah, this is frustrating.

https://support.sega.co.uk/entries/2...In-Game-Issues

The last issue there mentions youtube login problems, I followed those directions exactly, I have a "plusgoogle.com" login and password now, I log out of gmail and I can login successfully with that plusgoogle.com account, which it tells me is also set up specifically for 3rd party tools. Still doesn't work within FM.

Ugh, annoying.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:29 AM   #857
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't had any problems doing it, I just choose not to since the quality is so low(quality of the exported video, that is).
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:01 AM   #858
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I haven't had any problems doing it, I just choose not to since the quality is so low(quality of the exported video, that is).

Well that makes me feel better, maybe I'll be better off using my slow but 720p process that can do easily now.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #859
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Made a very slight tweak to our rambling 443 by unticking the retain possession rule. The result has been over 20 shots on goal now in 3 straight games. Possession hasn't been great, neither has the finishing but we are constantly pressuring the keeper now. Just crushed Linfield 4-1 on the road with 29 shots.

We were NOT favored in this game still despite being the defending champs and in first.

I'd bet on you any time you roll with 12 men.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #860
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

Who said he needs a stinkin keeper?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #861
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post

The last time ANYONE rolled with 12 men they needed a whole slew of shots after.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #862
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
I've edited the level 9 fantasy usa database and removed the Kentucky clubs. So the new database is 8 levels deep.

I've also cleaned up database so that the clubs at the higher levels are all professional, bottom clubs are amateur, and those in the middle are semi-pro.

This should be a workable database. I've only tested it one season. Please let me know if you run in to any problems or have any other suggestions to enhance the database.

Here's the link to the file.

USA Pyramid Level 8 ver 1.0

Any idea on Mac compatibility? The files shouldn't be different, right?

<------N00B
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #863
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Playing as Blackburn. Get us promoted the first year, I figure we'll just barely stave off relegation in our first EPL year. We end up finishing 7th and qualifying for Europa. This year we do even better so I break the bank and spend 11 million for 2 midfielders in January. I've only had them for 3 games but they are every bit as good as I had scouted and I think we might qualify for the Champions League. We better considering our precarious cash position now. Having the kinds of players that I like is just so rewarding. Seeing them do well is even better.

And in a first for me I came up with my own successful tactic (vs using/adapting one I read about online). It is a 5-3-2 which I based off the World Cup playing style of the Dutch from this year. It works well when we're not outclassed (or underdogs on the road).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #864
MrBug708
Head Coach

I really wish, as a National Team Manager, that you could speak with dual nationality guys and try to convince them to play for you. Or at least get feedback
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #865
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I really wish, as a National Team Manager, that you could speak with dual nationality guys and try to convince them to play for you. Or at least get feedback
Given what Klinsmann has done I agree that this would be a useful feature to have.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #866
Easy Mac

Had a Brazil semi-final type of game in my Charleston Battery career. Lost 10-0 at home. I didn't even have time to change my tactics. By the time my changes went through, it was already 4-0. I blame international call ups, injuries, and bad timing. I had my top 3 defenders called up on international duty, my starting GK called up, my next top defender and a winger out on yellow cards, my starting DM and CM injured. Once things turned bad, they just spiraled and there was nothing that could be done.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #867
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Had a Brazil semi-final type of game in my Charleston Battery career. Lost 10-0 at home. I didn't even have time to change my tactics. By the time my changes went through, it was already 4-0. I blame international call ups, injuries, and bad timing. I had my top 3 defenders called up on international duty, my starting GK called up, my next top defender and a winger out on yellow cards, my starting DM and CM injured. Once things turned bad, they just spiraled and there was nothing that could be done.
That's rough. My tactic changes always take effect after a goal. Wonder why yours didn't.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #868
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yep, if there's a feature request list anywhere that should be added, I would love to see that. Should be able to promise a player a role in a squad or discuss their feelings about playing for your national team. Also another needed enhancement is that friendly caps shouldn't lock a player in to a nation, as in real life
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #869
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That's rough. My tactic changes always take effect after a goal. Wonder why yours didn't.

I'm playing on my Dell win 8 tablet. It just seems to take a few extra beats for my changes to get through for some reason.

Strangely, my team then went on the road and won our next game 4-1 once everyone came back from international duty/suspension/injury.

I think the main problem was I was playing 5 players out of position. I had 1 healthy/available DC (my worst one). I had to slot my right winger into the backline and a central midfielder into the center of defense. Then I had to move two wingers into the center of the midfield while trying to play another center midfield as a d-mid. There was just no organization in the back, and every change I tried to make to just control the ball just didn't work. I'm lucky I'm mid table with as strict a budget I have and with the contracts I got when I took over the team (most of my worst players are the highest paid, I'm trying to survive with loan players).

I'm also a little perplexed why the game didn't move my fixture, even though I requested it. I thought it generally moved things around with 4 players or more on international duty.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #870
AnalBumCover
College Starter

If anyone cares, I'm updating my USA fantasy mod to set region borders for the mid to lower levels. In my most recent save I noticed my local Irvine CA team was relegated to an eastern division. I'm hoping the regional borders will help minimize this effect. I'm also doing a little more clean up with the minor cups and their scheduling.

In a couple of days I'll have finished a ver 1.1
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:10 AM   #871
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

If I need to make a change I always pause the game before I go into the tactics screen.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:38 AM   #872
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

On a rather odd tangent, has anyone else played much with the free FM Editor from FM Scout? Or tried to edit uniform colors at all?

Long story short, I was mucking with...or trying to muck with my kit colors, particularly for my goalkeepers (I've long despised the all-green keeper outfit). Doesn't seem like the changes stick at all. I'm wondering if my color choices aren't different enough from the outfield players for it to be used, since it seems to default always to this uniform grey now.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #873
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Wondering why, in simming my mod, was a club reassigned to a different region/division (same level) in the new season without having been relegated or promoted?

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 08-01-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #874
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wondering why, in simming my mod, was a club reassigned to a different region/division (same level) in the new season without having been relegated or promoted?

I've never messed around with the editor so I don't know what's possible/impossible but ... could someone have been bumped to make room for a rising/falling team that was more geographically tied to that region/division?

(Just because I haven't attempted any edits doesn't mean I haven't considered what it might entail to get "right")
Old 08-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #875
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I started an MLS game today for the first time in...a long time.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #876
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
I've never messed around with the editor so I don't know what's possible/impossible but ... could someone have been bumped to make room for a rising/falling team that was more geographically tied to that region/division?

(Just because I haven't attempted any edits doesn't mean I haven't considered what it might entail to get "right")
You might be right, its just that the club that was bumped happened to be Hilo Tsunami and moved to the Southland Soccer Division.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #877
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You might be right, its just that the club that was bumped happened to be Hilo Tsunami and moved to the Southland Soccer Division.

Oof.

My first game in the second season of the Atlantic Coast Premier League was on the road ... at Hollywood United
Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #878
AnalBumCover
College Starter

So here's the updated fantasy USA file.

What's new in ver 1.1
- Set geographic borders to minimize movement across regions.
- Changed start dates on some minor cup events to fall within the competition dates.

USA Pyramid Level 8 ver 1.1

I've run a fast sim for two seasons on this mod, and still found movement within divisions.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 08-01-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #879
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Oof.

My first game in the second season of the Atlantic Coast Premier League was on the road ... at Hollywood United

Hollywood, Florida perhaps?
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:59 AM   #880
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post

According to the editor, it's based in Los Angeles, CA.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #881
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post

Yeah, I thought that too but ABC is correct, they're listed as Hollywood, CA and they relegated down from USL-Pro West
Old 08-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #882
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
So here's the updated fantasy USA file.

What's new in ver 1.1
- Set geographic borders to minimize movement across regions.
- Changed start dates on some minor cup events to fall within the competition dates.

USA Pyramid Level 8 ver 1.1

I've run a fast sim for two seasons on this mod, and still found movement within divisions.

ACCESS DENIED
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:44 AM   #883
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
ACCESS DENIED

Access to the mediafire file denied? I've never really used mediafire before. Is there a setting there that I need to toggle to allow public access?
Old 08-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #884
whomario
Pro Starter

nah, you just provided a link for the "page view", this is the direct link for the file download : USA Pyramid Level 8 ver 1.1
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #885
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Ahh. OK thanks.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #886
Flasch186
Coordinator

How do I get to use it in game? Where do I put the xml?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #887
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
How do I get to use it in game? Where do I put the xml?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
The file goes in:

C:\Users\.your user.\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\editor data

Start a new game. You should get something like this in your new game window:

http://i.imgur.com/2fwhJ5M.png

Select custom and click edit.

You should see a screen allowing you to select the USA Pyramid release, select it and confirm.

Then when you start your game the USA should have a ridiculously large number of players and then when you get to the section where you chose how many playable leagues there should be a large number of those too, plus I think a few new competitions.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #888
whomario
Pro Starter

going to try my own wacky experiment. Gonna relegate Liverpool into the League 2, make them fan owned (no elections) and lowering finances all around (lower kit sponsorships and so on), although still on premiership level. Also going to transfer or release basically all senior players via the editor, with only Gerrard and a few 2nd rate players staying.

Just going to see if that will keep me invested. Got the idea from some dude with a youtube channel who did the same thing in a way, putting Celtic into the english league system at league 2 level.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 08-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #889
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

ABC - you got a README for your USA setup that describes the levels, teams, divisions, etc?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #890
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
ABC - you got a README for your USA setup that describes the levels, teams, divisions, etc?

Let me put something together.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #891
digamma
Torchbearer

OK, I'm up and running with the Valdosta Victory, an amateur team. How do I promote guys to the senior squad? Offer contract? Does that blow my amateur team (does that matter)?

My reserves and U18 teams both look decidedly more athletic than my 17 year old varsity.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #892
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
How do I promote guys to the senior squad?

right click any player on your team->squad, then you can select U18/Reserve/Senior team

Quote:
Offer contract

Also right click, or, if you're looking at the player page of a free agent that you're trying to sign there will be an offer contract button.

Quote:
Does that blow my amateur team (does that matter)?

The contracts you'll be offering will be amateur contracts. They're not binding at all and any of your players can leave/be released at any time.

Last edited by Radii : 08-02-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #893
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Look at the media comparison on this guy.

Think he should be worried?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (223.9 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-03-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #894
Easy Mac

Odd news item in my game. Got an item from the mirror stating a 31 year old Canadian playing for the Nottingham Forest U21 team is surprised he wasn't called up to the US National team. Since when is a guy with 6 senior Canadian caps in the last calendar year expected to play for the US?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:31 PM   #895
korme
Go Reds

I've been running a strikerless formation (3 AMCs interweaving) and it's been a whole lot of fun to play with, after a period of unfamiliarity, my guys have been getting tons of shots.

Be in mind it's not a game 1 score or anything, this is halfway through the year but it's the third game in a row I've seen a result like this. Finally, pretty fun to be winning!

Sorry, that's the best video quality I could come up with.

Last edited by korme : 08-03-2014 at 11:56 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #896
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I've been running a strikerless formation (3 AMCs interweaving) and it's been a whole lot of fun to play with, after a period of unfamiliarity, my guys have been getting tons of shots.

Be in mind it's not a game 1 score or anything, this is halfway through the year but it's the third game in a row I've seen a result like this. Finally, pretty fun to be winning!

I've got a strikerless formation (3 AM's) that I used at Bilbao that was a hell of a lot of fun. I put it up on the Steam workshop under my username there (same as my name here) or I can send it to you if you're interested in looking at a slightly different version of one for whatever reason.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #897
whomario
Pro Starter

@ DT: That´s kinda creepy

I ran a 3 AMC formation for a while as well, very fun potentially. Definitely ran into some barca-syndrome problems until i found an Ibrahimovic clone to put in center of that formation (a 6´6 brazilian with playmaking ability and devastating physichal force).

In a twist, at Marseille i also once ran a 3 striker formation with what was basically 3 AMCs (retrained to play striker), often even without much finishing ability. Would alternate it between the center "striker" being a playmaker for the other 2 or the other way round.

My Liverpool experiment has worked, managed to set it up without any Database problems Breezed through league 2 but ran into some serious financial problems, will have to sell Raheem Sterling after all it seems ... Basically doing it house-rule style in that i play largely players from my own youth ranks and restrict myself to 4 transfers per season (2 U20, 2 older) and only buy from teams from my own division or below. And once i reach the PL, i won´t buy players from any of the big first divisions (Spain, Italy, Germany, France, England). Right now am still not allowed to scout outside the UK.

edit: I also plan on deducting half the TV money i get every season.

My first potential star from the youth ranks should be attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pim Kila_ Overview Profile.jpg (343.6 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by whomario : 08-04-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #898
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Wow 18 finishing at age 16? No wonders he's 5 star.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #899
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, don´t think i had a striker with that yet. The greatest thing about it is that it should enable me to train him in a way to really make him an all around player, not having to worry about a core rating like that (which takes a lot of potential points to improve)

A little bit on the small side for a lone striker, but other than that i´m hyped.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #900
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nice finishing - even better he's got great off the ball already too.

Going to need help on his first touch.