Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

TEW 10: Watts Way or the Highway

Genadi's Golden Age Mod is absolutely incredible as the influx of dynasties stemming from it suggests. It is only fitting I throw my own into the mix with the Bill Watts run UWF.

I have slightly altered the mod in the following ways:

- I am giving AWA 500k more to hopefully keep them in business since they usually flame out pretty quickly. It is realistic but if the AWA stays in business it makes my job even tougher which I like.

- I am making it so Jim Crockett Promotions die out quickly.

- Subsequently I am editing it so WCW debuts a bit quicker than normal.

- I changed WCWA back to WCCW. Just feels right.

I want to make it a little different and since Dirt Sheets were a big part of the territories (especially Watts) I am going to use a lot of Dirt Sheet style write ups for certain news items and such to hopefully add a little more depth to the dynasty.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-23-2011 at 09:48 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Breaking Kayfabe: 1987 State of the (Wrestling) Union Address
Issue 13, January 1987

USA

The U.S Wrestling Scene has boomed over the last two years thanks in large part to Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Federation. Led by the biggest star in the business since Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, the WWF has set the bar for the rest of the U.S as far as wrestling entertainment goes. Purists may not find the in ring product desirable, but there is no doubting the WWF's impact on the mainstream.

Verne Gagne's American Wrestling Association has been in a decline as of late, but it still has a talented roster that can work in the ring. Rumors are abound that Gagne has found a financial backer to help pull AWA out of its mounting debt.

Jim Crockett Promotions features the most talented roster in the business from a workrate stand point, but there are reports of dire financial circumstances facing JCP due to bad investments. If the rumors are to be believed there will be a big void in the U.S wrestling scene that needs to be filled.

The Von Erich's World Class Championship Wrestling has once again undergone a name change, back to its original WCCW. No one benefits more from the Crockett's financial struggles than the Von Erich's who could easily fill the void left by JCP's woes.

After those four promotions there is a glut of companies looking to make their impact on the wrestling industry. Not much separates Bill Watts UWF, Jerry Jarrett's CWA, Don Owen's PNW, and Bob Geigel's CSW, but there will be fierce competition regardless.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Overview

UWF is a hard hitting, entertainment based company operating out of the Mid South. It runs a weekly television show which tapes on Sunday's and airs on Saturdays. Each month features a Supercard as well. The UWF has 100k in the bank currently which is not enough by any means. We are at C- importance in the Mid South, E+ in the Mid West, E in the South East and Mid Atlantic, E- in the Great Lakes, F+ in New England, North West, South West and Tri State, and finally F in Puerto Rico and Hawaii. To achieve Cult we need to get up to D Importance in two regions, so we're close, but we are not ready for it because you lose money quick at Cult.

Our strategy will be to make money in the Mid South while running a weekly show in other territories to build up the popularity/importance there so when the time comes we aren't stuck at Cult too long. Once we build up a comfortable nest egg we will look into further advancement.

We also need to make sure we get working agreements with as many promotions as possible.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-23-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Working Agreements

Working Agreements:

- AJPW
- AWA
- CWA
- JCP
- NJPW
- PNW
- Stampede
- WWC

Non Aggression Agreements:

- CSW
- WCCW

Hostile:

- WWF

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-23-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Goals

We get the call from Bill Watts, and he gives us his goals:

Critical

- UWF cannot fall into debt at any point: 23 months, 3 weeks

Average

- Cannot hire any Cruiserweights
- Cannot hire or extend any workers with less than a D- in Basics
- Cannot hire any wrestlers classified as a Psychopath

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-23-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Roster

Main Eventers

Big Bubba Rogers: $1000, PPA, 251 days
Bill Irwin: $800, PPA, 353 days
The Missing Link: $800, PPA, 167 days
Terry Gordy: $1400, PPA, 167 days
Ted DiBiase: $1400 PPA, 167 days
One Man Gang: $1000, PPA, 251 days
Michael Hayes: $900, PPA, 503 days

Upper Midcarders

Butch Miller: $500, PPA, 251 days
Chris Adams: $800, PPA, 167 days
Buddy Roberts: $800, PPA, 167 days
Chavo Guerrero: $800, PPA, 251 days
Luke Williams: $500, PPA, 251 days
Terry Taylor: $800, PPA, 335 days
Black Bart: $800, PPA, 167 days

Midcarders

Iceman King Parsons: $500, PPA, 167 days
Sam Houston: $500, PPA, 83 days
Sting: $500, PPA, 251 days
Brad Armstrong: $500 PPA, 353 days
Steve Cox: $500, PPA, 251 days
Eddie Gilbert: $600, PPA, 605 days
Bobby Fulton: $500, PPA, 167 days

Lower Midcarders

Rick Steiner: $500, PPA, 335 days
Shane Douglas: $350, PPA, 167 days
Tommy Rogers: $350, PPA, 167 days
Joe Savoldi: $2000, Written, 167 days

Openers

Savannah Jack: $2000, Written, 251 days
Tim Horner: $100, PPA, 335 days

Enhancement

Sid Steele: $100, PPA, 167 days

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-23-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

Good luck with Bill, I know this will be good.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF/WWC Talent Trade

- Needing some bigger names for future shows in outside regions we trade Ted DiBiase to WWC for Bruiser Brody. We have Brody for three shows and have big plans for him.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF On the Road
Thursday, Week 1, March 1987
Live from GA - Savannah Center Promenade (South East)
400 People -- Sellout

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Angel of Death defeated Brazo de Oro in 12:03 by pinfall with a Piledriver (D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Sting defeated Joe Savoldi in 12:28 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (E+)

Shane Douglas comes out to the crowd to cut a promo on how happy he is to be representing the UWF in Georgia tonight. The crowd does not seem to care (E+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Michael Hayes defeated Chavo Guerrero in 22:59 by pinfall (D+)

Show Rating: D-

Our popularity in the South East increases, but it wasn't a noteworthy show. We are just trying to get some okay matches between cheap talent to slowly build our popularity.

For the time being, On the Road will be biweekly to make sure we can afford it and also so we can add some talent so we don't burn through a ton of matches quickly.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-24-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 1, March 1987
OK Abe Lemons Arena (Mid South)
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Leroy Brown and Angel of Death defeated Joe Savoldi and Tim Horner in 7:44 when Angel of Death defeated Joe Savoldi by pinfall with a Piledriver (E+)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Steiner defeated Art Crews in 8:04 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Michael Hayes defeated Sting in 10:36 by pinfall (C-)

A video airs hyping the destruction caused over the last several months by UWF Champion One Man Gang. The video ends with a clip of Gang giving a splash to a downed opponent as Jim Ross screams "Who can stop this man?!"

We cut to the back where Eddie Gilbert is with Jim Ross:

"Look up and down this roster, Ross. You see guys like DiBiase, Gordy, Hayes and you talk about how great they are, how they are the future of wrestling. You know what, Jim? They may be good, but I am "Hot Stuff"! I am the new breed of professional wrestling! I am the one these idiots pay to see! And in just a few minutes when I win the UWF Television Champion, I'll be the one they all tune in to see!" (E+)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Gilbert defeated Savannah Jack in 10:14 by pinfall with a Fireball. Eddie Gilbert wins the UWF Television title (D)

We are in the back where Missing Link is scary a couple of kids lucky enough to be backstage. He chases the kids around a corner where he accidentally runs into Big Bubba Rogers. Rogers glares at Link and tells him to apologize. Link just stares at Bubba. Bubba tells him he'll regret disrespecting him (D)

Jim Ross announces that at the March Superdome Show, One Man Gang will defend his title against Terry Gordy! (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ted DiBiase defeated Brad Armstrong in 15:54 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream (D)

Show Rating: D+

A solid all around show. We used a lot of guys which I'd like to avoid but I want to build some stuff for the March show. Our biggest issue this go around was putting guys not good in angles in them. It's necessary but next time we need to balance things out.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-24-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Weekly Dirt

- Buddy Landell defeated El Fuego for the NWA Alabama Heavyweight Title (D)

- WWF Superstars of Wrestling is held, headlined by Honky Tonk Man beating Jake Roberts (B-)

- UWF reaches a deal with Arn Anderson. He will get 2000 per appearance with a 1000 downside. It's a steep price but with JCP going under, Anderson was the the best FA on the market.

- WWF holds their Wrestling Challenge headlined by Bret Hart d. Don Murraco (B-)

- AWA held All-Star Wrestling headlined by Shawn Michaels beating Randy Rose (C)

- UWF comes to terms on two more talents; Mike Rotundo signs for a 600/PPA deal, while they splurge one last time with Ron Simmons for 1500/PPA.

- Power Pro Wrestling did a 0.01.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 2, March 1987
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Shane Douglas defeated Art Crews in 7:31 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex (D-)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Steiner defeated Sid Steele in 8:30 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sting defeated Brad Armstrong in 11:43 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (D+)

We go to the interview area where Jim Ross is standing by with Skandor Akbar:

"Last week Bill Watts made a mistake. He put his World Champion in a dire situation facing an athlete like Terry Gordy without ANY warning! One Man Gang has come to me for guidance on how to deal with these type of awful situations. It is only fitting that I officially become his manager and help him through these trying times!" (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Chavo Guerrero defeated Tim Horner in 10:28 by submission with a Gory Special (C-)

Michael Hayes comes out to the ring with a microphone:

"Everyone saw earlier how Skandor Akbar has decided to take One Man Gang under his wing. You know why he did that? Because he is scared of my man, Terry Gordy! He knows Terry is going to be the next UWF World Champion and neither Gang nor Akbar are going to be able to stand in the way of his destiny! Just like my destiny is to continue to be the most exciting wrestler in the UWF and NO ONE will stand in my way of that!" (C)

Backstage we see Ted DiBiase watching Hayes on the monitor with an offended look on his face (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Irwin defeated The Missing Link in 16:30 by pinfall with a Bicycle kick following interference from Big Bubba Rogers (D+)

After the match Big Bubba gets in Link's face screaming at him "NEVER DISRESPECT ME AGAIN" before unloading with big lefts and rights. Finally security gets Rogers out of the ring, but the damage is done (D-)

A good show, but the Main Event cost us at least a C-. Still, I like the direction we're headed.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF On the Road
Thursday, Week 3, March 1987
Live from the MD - John B. Schuerholz Complex (Mid Atlantic)
480 People -- 500 Capacity

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Mike Rotundo defeated Steve Cox in 11:39 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat (D-)

Ted DiBiase comes out to the ring with a mic in hand and doesn't look pleased:

"Here I am, the biggest rising star in wrestling, and I am relegated to wrestling in some armory in our Nation's Crime Capital? This is unacceptable. In fact, the only thing more unacceptable is Michael Hayes claiming to be the most entertaining man in UWF. That is a crock and you can bet I plan on informing Hayes of the error of his ways!" (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Iceman King Parsons defeated Brazo de Oro in 10:07 by pinfall with a Rumper Stumper (D-)

Jim Ross comes to the ring to tell everyone to tune in to Power Pro Wrestling this week to see The Freebirds take on Ted DiBiase & One Man Gang! (D+)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Chris Adams and Terry Taylor drew with The Sheepherders in 20:00 when the time limit expired (D+)

A solid debut in the Mid Atlantic. Nothing spectacular but mission accomplished.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Weekly Dirt

- Carlos Colon d. Butch Miller to retain WWC Universal Title (C+)

- Rick Rude is listed in Bill Apter's PWI as a Rising Star.

- WWF held Superstars headlined by Harley Race & Ricky Steamboat d. Bob Orton & Don Muraco (B+)

- WWF held Wrestling Challenge, headlined by Raymond Rougeau beating Davey Boy Smith (C)
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 3, March 1987
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Tim Horner defeated Brazo de Oro in 7:42 by pinfall with a Rolling Cradle (E+)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In an extremely poor match, Brad Armstrong defeated Joe Savoldi in 8:22 by pinfall with a Russian Leg Sweep (E+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Eddie Gilbert defeated Chavo Guerrero in 11:46 by pinfall with a Fireball. Eddie Gilbert makes defence number 1 of his UWF Television title (C-)

After the match Eddie Gilbert slides out of the ring and grabs a mic. He climbs back in the ring and disrespectfully lays on his side with his arm resting on Chavo's chest:

"What you saw just now was the greatest thing going in the UWF. You know why I am the television champion? 'Cause Bill Watts needs my beautiful face on TV every week to get your idiots to tune in! Now it has come to my attention there is quite a big show coming up next week and I'm not on it. So here's what I am gonna' do. I am gonna' give any one of those wannabes in the back a shot to face me so they can be another highlight on my reel!" (D-)

A video airs hyping the UWF debut of Arn Anderson next week on Power Pro Wrestling (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Big Bubba Rogers defeated Savannah Jack in 7:37 by pinfall with a Bubba Slam (D)

A video airs hyping tonight's Main Event between the Freebirds and Dibiase & Gang. (C-) Afterward Jim Ross discusses how these four men will make up the two biggest matches at the Superdome show (C-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, The Fabulous Freebirds drew with Ted DiBiase and One Man Gang in 19:03 following a double disqualification (D+)

The Main Event should have been better but I figured with DiBiase and Hayes in the match they could call it in the ring effectively. That didn't work. Still, our popularity increased so that is always a positive.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF March Superdome Extravaganza
Thursday, Week 4, March 1987
LA - Avron B. Fogelman Arena(Mid South)
3500 People - Sellout

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Fantastics defeated Lightning Express in 13:43 when Bobby Fulton defeated Tim Horner by pinfall with a Rocket Launcher (D-)

We open up the Supercard with Eddie Gilbert already in the ring. The crowd eagerly awaits who accepted his open challenge (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Iceman King Parsons defeated Eddie Gilbert in 12:28 by pinfall with a fast roll up (D+)

The crowd explodes thinking Parsons has won the UWF Television Title, but Gilbert quickly gets up, grabs his belt from Missy Hyatt and levels Parsons, he then grabs a mic and says "DO YOU IDIOTS SEE TELEVISION CAMERAS? DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A TV SHOW? THIS WAS A NON TITLE MATCH AND AN OBVIOUS FLUKE!" (D-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mike Rotundo defeated Shane Douglas in 11:36 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat (D+)

A video airs hyping the UWF Tag Team Champions, Chris Adams & Terry Taylor (D+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Chris Adams and Terry Taylor defeated The Sheepherders in 16:49 when Terry Taylor defeated Luke Williams by pinfall with a Five Arm. Terry Taylor and Chris Adams make defence number 2 of their UWF Tag Team titles (C-)

We get a video recap of what has led us to the upcoming Big Bubba Rogers vs Missing Link match (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, The Missing Link defeated Big Bubba Rogers in 10:17 by disqualification when Rogers hit Link with a chair (D-) Rogers gives Link one more big chair shot before exiting the crowd to a round of boos (D+)

Another video package hyping our Co-Main Event, Ted DiBiase vs Michael Hayes (C)

In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Ted DiBiase defeated Michael Hayes in 34:33 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream (B-)

Ron Simmons makes his way to the ring where he announces that he has signed with UWF. He promises to make an impact (D-)

Skandar Akbar comes out to the ring to introduce the UWF World Champion One Man Gang. He promises a bloodbath tonight, but the only blood in the ring will be Terry Gordy's! (D)

In a bout that had great heat and good action, Terry Gordy defeated One Man Gang in 16:25 by pinfall with a Powerbomb. Terry Gordy wins the UWF Heavyweight title (C) Terry Gordy celebrates with the title as the show ends! (C)

Show Rating: C

A good show today. The overall rating was hurt by DiBiase/Hayes not going on last but I couldn't devalue the title like that. Still, I'll take it.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #17
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Should I stop being a cheapass and spring for TEW 2008 or even 2010 (although then I can't get DOTT)? Opinions?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Should I stop being a cheapass and spring for TEW 2008 or even 2010 (although then I can't get DOTT)? Opinions?

I would say get 2010, the improvements make it so much more immersive and the 1987 Mod is on an equal footing with the last official DOTT IMO.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I would say get 2010, the improvements make it so much more immersive and the 1987 Mod is on an equal footing with the last official DOTT IMO.

100% agreed.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #20
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Fuck...okay
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 4, March 1987
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In an extremely poor match, Leroy Brown defeated Art Crews in 9:49 by pinfall with a Piledriver (D-)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In an extremely poor match, Sid Steele defeated Savannah Jack in 5:58 by pinfall with a Power Bomb (F+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sting defeated The Missing Link in 8:56 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (C-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Simmons defeated Angel of Death in 12:13 by pinfall with a Dominator (D-) Ron Simmons celebrates in the ring following his debut win (D-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ted DiBiase and Big Bubba Rogers defeated Fantastics in 7:09 when Big Bubba Rogers defeated Bobby Fulton by pinfall with a Bubba Slam (D)

"Badstreet U.S.A" hits and the crowd erupts as the Michael Hayes and the new UWF World Champion Terry Gordy come out to the ring. Hayes grabs a mic and begins:

"So a few days ago the Freebirds had one helluva' night! Now granted, I did come up short versus DiBiase, though we all know that was a fluke. Still, my main man Terry Gordy did us all proud and took home the UWF World Title! Now we both know that Akbar is going to do whatever it takes to get his client another shot at the strap, so we're going to beat him to the punch because at the April Superdome show Gordy is giving Gang his rematch! That is how the Freebirds do things; by our own rules and Akbar and his goons will find that out the hard way!" (C-)

We see a video shot after the Superdome Show with Eddie Gilbert:

"What happened earlier was a BS! Not only did Parsons hold onto my tights but he had a fast count too! Thankfully it was a non title match but I am going to have to avenge this loss and Parsons, I swear to God, you are going to regret cheating to beat me!" (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Arn Anderson defeated Brad Armstrong in 12:03 by pinfall (C-)

Kind of a meh show. Mainly I was trying to get some stuff rolling towards the April show but I had too much going on which hurt the overall show.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Breaking Kayfabe: WrestleMania III, Did it live up to the Hype?
Issue 15, March 1987

After months of anticipation the WWF finally held their much awaited WrestleMania III show in front of 30,000 fans in California. While the undercard generally was average, The Hart Foundation retaining their WWF Tag Team Titles over the Young Stallions (C+) was a decent match that got the crowd going.

The match of the night came directly after the tag title match, as Bob Orton Jr. defeated Roddy Piper in a hard hitting affair (B+). The crowd was hot the entire match and these two set a pace that the rest of the card had no chance of topping.

From there Jake Roberts defeated Hercules (C+) in an okay match designed mainly to put Jake over. He is a guy who has a big future in the WWF but rumored personal issues could become his undoing.

In the Co-Main Event it was a battle of the giants, as King Kong Bundy defeated Andre the Giant (B) in a match that defied the odds and was surprisingly decent despite each mans limitations. WWF had big money on their hands with a potential Andre/Hulk match but decided to go in another direction.

The Main Event saw Hulk Hogan retain his WWF World Title by defeating "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (B) after giving him the Big Leg. The match was very solid thanks to a lively crowd but it felt like it was missing something.

Overall it was a decent show (B) that did not live up to the hype, but people most likely got their money's worth regardless.

CWA Provides Early Match of the Year Candidate

CWA held their biggest show of the month, Defiance, in front of 3400 fans in Georgia. The Main Event was an incredibly bloody affair that saw Austin Idol retain his AWA Southern Heavyweight Title over Jerry Lawler (A). One CWA wrestlers who asked to remain anonymous said the match was "Fucking brutal, just amazing!".

WCCW Draws Big

Almost 8000 people filled up the Kansas City Municipal Arena to watch Kevin Von Erich beat The Spoiler (B) to retain the WCCW World Heavyweight Title. The rest of the show was relatively unspectacular but regardless, the Main Event delivered.

AWA Disappoints

The AWA has had some renewed life thanks to new financial backing, but their March Supercard failed to keep the companies momentum. Despite an okay Main Event that saw Nick Bockwinkel defeat Jerry Blackwell (B-) to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Title, nothing else was better than average. Still, continued push of Shawn Michaels has people in the company excited about the future.

PNW Supremacy saved by Rip

PNW's month end show, Supremacy, took place in front of 1600 fans in Washington. The show was generally a dud but was saved by Rip Oliver who pulled a good match out of The Grappler (C) retaining the NWA Pacific Heavyweight Title in the process.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF March in Review

We barely turn a profit this month, making only 7 grand thanks to extremely high worker costs. I am not thrilled with it but it's better than losing money. Still we need to work on keeping the show expenses down from where they are.

I'll do more serious popularity write ups every four months so we can see (hopefully) more substantial gains.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF On the Road
Wednesday, Week 1, April 1987
Live from the CO - Tour Inline Hockey Arena (Mid West)
459 People -- Sellout

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Iceman King Parsons defeated Tim Horner in 10:57 by pinfall with a Jumping Clothesline (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Buddy Roberts defeated Sid Steele in 7:53 by pinfall with a DDT (D-)

Sting and Rick Steiner come out to the ring to let everyone know that they are the new breed of professional wrestlers and no one in the back can match their power and intensity. They promise to make waves in the UWF tag team division (D-)

Ted DiBiase comes out prior to the Main Event and says that on Power Pro Wrestling he and Big Bubba Rogers came together and showed just how good they are as a team. As a result, DiBiase promises that after beating Chris Adams tonight and Rogers beating Terry Taylor at this weeks PPW that Dibiase and Rogers will become #1 contenders for the tag team titles (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ted DiBiase defeated Chris Adams in 24:37 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream after a distraction from Big Bubba Rogers (C-)

A solid show that didn't cost us too much to run.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 1, April 1987
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Shane Douglas defeated Savannah Jack in 7:41 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex (D-)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Steiner defeated Art Crews in 7:54 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Gilbert defeated Leroy Brown in a Falls Count Anywhere match in 11:32 by pinfall with a Fireball. Eddie Gilbert makes defence number 2 of his UWF Television title (D+)

A video airs hyping the rematch set to take place between Terry Gordy and One Man Gang at this months Superdome Show (C)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Michael Hayes defeated Bill Irwin in 12:27 by pinfall (D) After the match Michael Hayes is celebrating when he is attacked from behind by Black Bart! Bart gives him a Heart Punch before taking off through the crowd (D)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Big Bubba Rogers defeated Terry Taylor in 15:18 by pinfall with a Bubba Slam (D+) From there Ted DiBiase comes into the ring and high fives Rogers. He says that he and Rogers have officially been granted a tag team title shot at the Superdome show (C)

An okay show saved by the angles and not the in ring work. We need to find some better matches on a weekly basis so we don't have to rely on angles all of the time.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF On the Road
Wednesday, Week 2, April 1987
Live from SC - CSU Field House (South East)
604 people (1000 Capacity)

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Mike Rotundo defeated Brad Armstrong in 11:49 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat (D+)

Arn Anderson comes out to the ring to watch the next match from ringside as he has just found out he will face Tommy Rogers at the April Superdome Show (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd but featured terrible wrestling, Tommy Rogers defeated Angel of Death in 11:59 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick (D-)

A video plays in the arena hyping the Fabulous Freebirds (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Terry Gordy, Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts defeated One Man Gang, Black Bart and Chavo Guerrero in 19:21 when Terry Gordy defeated Chavo Guerrero by pinfall with a Powerbomb (D+)

Old 05-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 2, April 1987
LA Ponchatrain Center(Mid South)
3151 People - SELLOUT

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Chavo Guerrero defeated Brazo de Oro in 17:49 by pinfall with a German Suplex (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Iceman King Parsons defeated Eddie Gilbert in 10:18 by count out (D-)

A video airs announcing Michael Hayes facing Black Bart at the Supercard (D-)

We are backstage where Ron Simmons runs into Arn Anderson. Anderson smugly offers his hand to introduce himself but Simmons glares right through him and tells him to keep his condescending attitude to himself (D)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Sting & Rick Steiner defeated The Sheepherders in 12:11 when Sting defeated Luke Williams by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (C-)

Ted DiBiase comes out to the ring to get ready for the Main Event, he grabs a mic:

"So after beating Chris Adams, now I get a shot at Terry Taylor? These idiots in the office are making it too easy for me and Bubba. At this rate the champs won't be in any condition to fight at the Superdome!" (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ted DiBiase drew with Terry Taylor in 19:00 when the time limit expired (C)

Bah. Angles killed us this week as we try and set up the Supercard.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF On the Road
Wednesday, Week 2, April 1987
Live from the CO - Norris-Penrose Arena (Mid West)
500 People -- Sellout

In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Chavo Guerrero defeated Brazo de Oro in 18:04 by pinfall with a German Suplex (D+)

A video airs running down the card for the Superdome Show (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Shane Douglas defeated Angel of Death in 10:18 by pinfall with a Piledriver (D-)

We get a promo from Sting who promises to make his mark in the UWF tonight by upsetting Terry Gordy (D-)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Terry Gordy defeated Sting in 13:35 by pinfall with a Powerbomb (C-)

Old 05-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 3, April 1987
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Tim Horner defeated Leroy Brown in 8:30 by pinfall with a Rolling Cradle (D-)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In an extremely poor match, Brazo de Oro defeated Savannah Jack in 8:21 by submission with a La Bracina (E+)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Ron Simmons defeated Rick Steiner in 12:06 by pinfall with a Dominator (C-) Simmons celebrates his win with the crowd (D-)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bill Irwin defeated Brad Armstrong in 12:17 by pinfall with a Bicycle kick (D+)

Backstage Terry Gordy is taping up his wrists. He says that tonight there is a six man tag match and he wants to add extra significance to the match by making it so the winners get to choose the stipulations for their Superdome card matches! (C) Terry Taylor and Chris Adams come in and shake hands with Gordy. They say Gordy has had a wonderful idea and fully endorse it (D)

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Terry Gordy, Terry Taylor and Chris Adams defeated Ted DiBiase, Big Bubba Rogers and One Man Gang in 17:44 when Terry Gordy defeated Big Bubba Rogers by pinfall with a Powerbomb (C)

After the match it is announced that Terry Gordy and One Man Gang will battle it out inside a Steel Cage, while the Tag Team Title match will be 2/3 falls (C-)

Show Rating: C-
Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Note: I advanced before writing this card up for some idiotic reason so I am just writing results to make up for my mistake

UWF April Superdome Extravaganza
Thursday, Week 4, March 1987
LA - Avron B. Fogelman Arena(Mid South)
3500 People - Sellout

We open up the show with Ted DiBiase making his way to the ring. He rolls under the bottom and smirks at the crowd before taking the mic:

"A lot of you idiots came here tonight hoping to see the "good guys" win. The old dastardly bad guys like myself and Big Bubba are just thought to be idiots who have to be destroyed by the heroes. Well guess what? There are no heroes in the UWF; the outlaws run this show and tonight we'll take not just the money, not just the women, but we'll also take all the gold!" (C-)

A video airs running down the card (C-)

Sting defeated Chavo Guerrero after a Scorpion Death Drop (C-)

We cut to the back where Michael Hayes is taping up his wrists for his match with Black Bart. Terry Gordy arrives and the two men hug before Hayes takes off to the ring (C)

Michael Hayes defeated Black Bart after a DDT (D+)

We get a video focusing on Arn Anderson prior to his match with Tommy Rogers (D+)

Arn Anderson defeated Tommy Rogers with Spinebuster (D+)

Ron Simmons defeated Bill Irwin with a Powerslam (D)

We then get a video hyping the tag team champions Chris Adams and Terry Taylor (D)

Terry Taylor & Christopher Adams defeated Ted DiBiase and Big Bubba Rogers after Adams pinned Rogers following a Superkick (D+)

We get a history of cage matches in the UWF with a focus on the bloody wars that have taken place inside the demonic structure (C) Jim Ross when hypes up the UWF World Title Match (C-)

Terry Gordy defeated One Man Gang after pinning him following a Powerbomb (C-) Following the match a bloody Terry Gordy collapses to the ground in exhaustion. The lights then go out for nearly a minute. When they come back on Bruiser Brody is in the ring with a steel chair. He proceeds to absolutely obliterate Gordy as Skandar Akbar cheers him on wildly! (C+)

Show Rating: C-