Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #1051
Raven
College Prospect

Actually I should have probably said you are The Blank or you are The Cultist, but having "Blank ability" does not exclude you from being The Cultist.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #1052
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
This is false.

Actually, that's a really good case for me to vote for you.
You are either The Blank or you are The Cultist, but you are not both.
Oh, derp.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #1053
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
vote brit

I should clarify that I don't have much on anyone so I will be suspicious of anyone who is suspicious of me.

Sorry if it doesn't help
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:02 PM   #1054
fontisian
College Prospect

^
Bug is town.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #1055
Shoveler
High School Varsity

should the bg put in a conditional protect on font in the event we end up with a duke out of font in the lynch? If font is the cultist, I could see the wolves duking someone even if it was a sacrifice play (1 village, 1 wolf) and then converting the cultist tonight, bringing them back to 2. If we lynch font, we are at 6:2 either way it goes (if she is in fact the cultist).

Just a thought..
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #1056
Grover
Pro Starter

I am willing to bet that font is more likely the cultist than the blank.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #1057
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Vote: Font

I think we vote font on the basis that she may be the cultist. If she is a wolf that's a bonus.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #1058
Raven
College Prospect

1. Shoveler-- Duke, Duke Used Day Three
15. MartinD-- Duke, MEDIC, SHOT-KILLED BY EAGLFAN, Day Three
2. Grover
5. cheekimonk
6. Raven
11. Autumn
12. britrock88
14. Narcizo
16. MrBug708
7. The Jackal-- Hunter, KILLED BY WOLVES, Night Three
3. JAG-- Hunter, KILLED BY WOLVES, Night One
4. timmae-- Hunter, Peacemaker and Cunning Wolf, DUKE-LYNCHED BY SHOVELER, Day Three
8. Vaimes-- Hunter, DUKE-LYNCHED BY MARTIND, Day Two
9. fontisian-- Hunter, Shot Used, Day Four
10. EagleFan-- Hunter, Shot Used Day Three
13. Zinto-- Hunter, LYNCHED, Day One

CULTIST-- You do not have a natural Hunter or Duke ability, although you will be a member of one of those teams. You have the ability to act as a member of one of those teams as if you were The Blank (Hunter team) or Stuttering Sam (Duke team).

Would seem that The Cultist was told they were a Hunter or a Duke in advance.
If so, With 16 players, that means we probably had 8:8 Hunters : Dukes, with 7 Hunters already known, and 2 Dukes already known.

If font is indeed The Cultist, then the remaining Hunter is The Blank.
If font is the real Blank, then The Cultist is the remaining Hunter and is also The Blank.

Seems we don't have to worry about anymore shots being fired.

If font is The Cultist, then I think the remaining Hunter can come out and claim so. Anyone agree/disagree?

Last edited by Raven : 04-24-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: edited because Hunters: Dukes (with no space) made a smiley instead
Old 04-24-2015, 01:53 PM   #1059
Shoveler
High School Varsity

The cultist could be a duke.. and thus stuttering sam..
Old 04-24-2015, 01:54 PM   #1060
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

vote fontisian

Out of time. I won't be back by the lynch.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #1061
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Day Four Vote Tally (as of Post #1061)

fontisian (6)-- Autumn (929), Grover (957), britrock88 (1038), EagleFan (1041), Shoveler (1057), Narcizo (1060)
Narcizo (2)-- cheekimonk (1016), Raven (1045)
britrock88 (1)-- MrBug708 (1046)
Autumn (1)-- fontisian (1047)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-24-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #1062
Raven
College Prospect

I guess it's also possible that there is no real "The Blank". So there may be a single shot left.

But if font is The Cultist, she didn't read the rules regarding the Cultist - which seems unlike her.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #1063
Shoveler
High School Varsity

font could be the blank hunter and just a vanilla villager.. that is entirely possible. the cultist could still be either a hunter or a duke..
Old 04-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #1064
Shoveler
High School Varsity

at least that is how I interpreted the rules.. there would be one blank, one stuttering sam.. and the cultist who would also act like whichever one of those was on their hunter/duke faction.

Last edited by Shoveler : 04-24-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #1065
Raven
College Prospect

Plus the Clip (which could be in a Dukes hand, thus giving him a shot).

Damn Chief and all his rules!
Old 04-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #1066
Shoveler
High School Varsity

i hope the clip is in a village dukes hands.. we are going to end up with alot of dukes at the end, and duke shooting duke wasn't a suicide move.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #1067
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Plus the Clip (which could be in a Dukes hand, thus giving him a shot).

Damn Chief and all his rules!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #1068
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Sort of guessing I may be the night kill tonight.. so in that event I will put down a few thoughts..

Font and EF are known hunters, if either/both of them are villagers they are probably safe from NK as they will be the duke wolves easy out in the event of a lynch.

I am not sure what to make of narc jumping on the shoveler-friend wagon..

I've taken one successful gamble this game.. and I've already taken another..

If you received an item from me use it every day.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #1069
Autumn
Head Coach

I think even if Font is the cultist lynching her is the right choice. Letting the wolves hit the cultist would be a huge setback right now. It's also important to know so we can evaluate votes knowing whether the wolves knew her or not.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #1070
fontisian
College Prospect

Ok.

1. I cannot be the cultist. Look at my Day 1. I was laid back and pushing timmae and JAG as scum and Vaimes as town. Two of those reads were accurate.

The cultist should be attempting to attract attention away from the scumteam while linking up with them somehow. I haven't done anything of the sort.

Also, if I was the cultist, I would have duked the lynch toDay or yesterDay instead of using a kill, as that wastes an entire lynch.

2. Even if I was the cultist, I'm completely harmless. My (blank) kill is spent, if I was the cultist, I wouldn't be able to make any nks and the town can win with me still alive, and you won't get any vote analysis out of my lynch,
because all of the scum probably think I'm town.

This lynch is bad. Lynch scum.

I mean, the evidence against me is what? That I had the misfortune of being the blank?

Whereas EagleFan saw that I was going to shoot Autumn, and then, saying absolutely nothing in the thread, tried to beat my kill command in to kill not a only a townie but someone guaranteed to be a Duke. And now they're both voting me for nebulous reasons.

EF and Autumn are scum. Lynch them.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:17 PM   #1071
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am comfortable with my vote today and am about to be heading into a late meeting (hate these on a Friday afternoon, they never freaking get done by 5).

I may not be on until late this evening (if I am still alive).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #1072
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think even if Font is the cultist lynching her is the right choice. Letting the wolves hit the cultist would be a huge setback right now. It's also important to know so we can evaluate votes knowing whether the wolves knew her or not.
No it wouldn't!

You know this. The wolves hitting the cultist means they're not hitting the seer or the bodyguard and that is suicide for them.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #1073
fontisian
College Prospect

Like, I am completely failing to understand why the scum team would want to hit the cultist if they've already figured out who they are. It doesn't change the vote ratios at all, and I think it lets the seer start checking the cultist as scum anyway.

And I'm sure the only reason this argument is coming up is that the wolves know I've probably been checked as town and want to see how the seer reacts to the argument so they can shoot them before they claim.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #1074
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Ok.Also, if I was the cultist, I would have duked the lynch toDay or yesterDay instead of using a kill, as that wastes an entire lynch.

I dont get this statement at all. You took a shot today and at worst you are the blank hunter.

How do you duke yesterday if you were the cultist? the cultist is still associated with one side. You can't be both.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:25 PM   #1075
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
I dont get this statement at all. You took a shot today and at worst you are the blank hunter.

How do you duke yesterday if you were the cultist? the cultist is still associated with one side. You can't be both.
Fuck my life, I misread the rules again.

I was under the impression that Stuttering Sam prevents a lynch from happening if he activities. Since the cultist has to look like Stuttering Sam, he could therefore nullify a lynch and help the scum team that way. Instead Sam just prevents a duking.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #1076
fontisian
College Prospect

Oh holy shit, I have an idea. We have seven hunters out now, and one blank. There are zero to one left (if you believe I'm the blank) or one to two left. (if you believe I am the cultist) If I am the cultist, then it can be confirmed by a those one to two hunters coming forward and shooting a scummy Duke. If the blank hits, then I'm the cultist. If no one comes forward, or if only a real hunter comes forward, then I'm obviously the real blank.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #1077
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Oh holy shit, I have an idea. We have seven hunters out now, and one blank. There are zero to one left (if you believe I'm the blank) or one to two left. (if you believe I am the cultist) If I am the cultist, then it can be confirmed by a those one to two hunters coming forward and shooting a scummy Duke. If the blank hits, then I'm the cultist. If no one comes forward, or if only a real hunter comes forward, then I'm obviously the real blank.

you already took today's shot. nobody can shoot until after the deadline.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #1078
fontisian
College Prospect

And did I mention that I was pushing timmae as scum Day 1? I did? Wow.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #1079
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
you already took today's shot. nobody can shoot until after the deadline.
Actually, I'm not entirely sure that's true. Has anyway asked Chief?

Either way, lynching someone one Day when you confirm them the next Day is stupid.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #1080
Grover
Pro Starter

font is on tilt.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #1081
fontisian
College Prospect

Shoveler, why do you think my shot on scummy, unconfirmed role, and prior warned Autumn was worse that EF's shot out of nowhere on the confirmed town, confirmed Duke Martin? Explain to me how that could possibly make any sense.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #1082
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
font is on tilt.
Font is pissed.

What are you doing? Do you realize that you were the only likely town voting me throughout the Day? For what?
Old 04-24-2015, 02:37 PM   #1083
fontisian
College Prospect

Frankly, it's hard not to get pissed after watching kills and lynches get spent on confirmed town twice, getting run up for no goddamn reason, correctly pushing scum, having my shot fail on me, and watching people call me a cultist when that doesn't jive with my behavior at all.

Add in the bullshit logic about how the scum team would possibly want to turn the cultist into a full wolf (as if that changes the voting ratios or overrun time /at all/) and the way no one is even bothering to look at Autumn and EF, the obvious scum, and this is absolutely insane.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #1084
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Font is pissed.

What are you doing? Do you realize that you were the only likely town voting me throughout the Day? For what?

I believe that you are the cultist.

You surety of Bug being town. You attempting to take a shot at another villager with nothing but a hunch. I don't believe I'm the only villager voting on you either.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:40 PM   #1085
Shoveler
High School Varsity

I guess font, the selling point to me is that you called brit out as the seer and he's voting for you..
Old 04-24-2015, 02:43 PM   #1086
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Wolves.. please NK me.. I'm starting to envy the dead in this game.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #1087
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I believe that you are the cultist.

You surety of Bug being town. You attempting to take a shot at another villager with nothing but a hunch. I don't believe I'm the only villager voting on you either.
Bug is obvious newb-town. His vote position next to timmae along with this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I should clarify that I don't have much on anyone so I will be suspicious of anyone who is suspicious of me.

Sorry if it doesn't help
Where he clearly wants to help but doesn't know how, makes him town. Once I flip, never lynch or shoot him.

Autumn is very likely not a villager. He 1.Is one of the three unconfirmed people on the Zinto lynch (the other being you, a likely town, and Narc, who is acting townier than Autumn.) He was the only one to argue against the Vaimes/Martin/me team on Day 2, but then he tried to push it off on cheeki, one of my stronger town reads at the time. The push itself was weak, and similar to the way many stronger players like to act as scum (avoiding an incoming town lynch in order to get a little towncred). When I threatened to shoot him, he treated the threat overly blithely, especially after Vaimes shot me out of nowhere the previous Day. Then, I found that EF, who had just finished trying to bait me into shooting him (which, were I not the blank, would have killed us both) immediately put a shot in, with no warning, on a confirmed town the scumteam wanted dead who was also a Duke (and therefore guaranteed not to kill him). This effectively protected Autumn on Day 3. Then, Autumn started this fearmongering about me being a cultist, and only began to push it after I suggested it was likely I had already been seer checked as town.

Autumn is scum. EF is probably scum. Britrock is the likely third.

You aren't the only villager voting on me. But you'll note that I called out Autumn, EF, britrock, cheeki and Narc (in that order) as containing the last scum at the beginning of the Day. Then you, Autumn, EF and britrock voted for me.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #1088
Autumn
Head Coach

The idea that two wolves wouldn't vote next to each other in a vote list seems like the thinnest of all possible reasons to clear someone. I just wanted to say that.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #1089
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
I guess font, the selling point to me is that you called brit out as the seer and he's voting for you..
I didn't call him out as the seer though!

I thought, when I saw him protecting Autumn, that he was either 1. A seer, 2. a wolf with or cultist to Autumn or 3. a really bad townie. I then looked through the game, especially Autumn and brit's play, assessed that 1 was really unlikely, and, even if it was true, that brit is a good enough player to them claim and win the game for us, that I took the shot. It was just one of many, many factors I took into account instead of just shooting randomly.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #1090
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
The idea that two wolves wouldn't vote next to each other in a vote list seems like the thinnest of all possible reasons to clear someone. I just wanted to say that.
Yes, I'm sure you wouldn't want that to be assessed.

New wolves, by necessity, want to distance themselves from their partners whenever possible. If there are two town wagons, then you can count on them not voting one right after another as opposed spreading out their votes on different times and wagons. Of course, now that I've said this, I expect that pattern to change a bit.

This kind of analysis doesn't apply to more experienced people like brit, Autumn, EF and Narc.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #1091
Shoveler
High School Varsity

sorry font, you many very well be right, and we may be lynching the wrong person.. but the rules in this game are so confusing and just thinking through all the possibilities is about to make my head explode.

If the town does manage to win this game, every surviving member should be automatically welcomed into MENSA with open arms.

Again, I hope I die tonight. This game is making me feel intellectually inept.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #1092
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think it applies to anybody. I've been a wolf a hundred times and don't think we've ever discussed the timing of our votes. It's certainly not something clear enough that you could find wolves using it.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #1093
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
sorry font, you many very well be right, and we may be lynching the wrong person.. but the rules in this game are so confusing and just thinking through all the possibilities is about to make my head explode.

If the town does manage to win this game, every surviving member should be automatically welcomed into MENSA with open arms.

Again, I hope I die tonight. This game is making me feel intellectually inept.
Oh my God, Shoveler. That is so not helpful.

This game isn't that complicated. Read my arguments, read Autumns, stop using faulty odds (because they always steer you wrong) and assess which arguments are stronger.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #1094
Raven
College Prospect

font, If you come up town, then I'm pushing for a brit lynch tomorrow.
I already suspect brit/narc, and Autumn was quick to jump to the defense of brit (which seemed odd to me).

The rest of you - if font is town, and I am NK'd, then PLEASE take out brit! I'm not sure if it's brit/narc or brit/Autumn, but brit is the common link. Autumn could also be the Cultist if it's brit/narc. I would not completely rule out EF either.

Or seer can just scan brit tonight.

if font comes up dirty, then I'd looking closely at Grover/Bug tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #1095
Raven
College Prospect

^^EF as wolf, not Cultist.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #1096
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't think it applies to anybody. I've been a wolf a hundred times and don't think we've ever discussed the timing of our votes. It's certainly not something clear enough that you could find wolves using it.

Of course you don't discuss it. It's an in the moment thing, where if you (a newbie wolf) see your scummate making a case against a townie, you don't immediately vote with them but rather wait for another townie to make a move or vote somewhere to look different.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #1097
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
font, If you come up town, then I'm pushing for a brit lynch tomorrow.
I already suspect brit/narc, and Autumn was quick to jump to the defense of brit (which seemed odd to me).

The rest of you - if font is town, and I am NK'd, then PLEASE take out brit! I'm not sure if it's brit/narc or brit/Autumn, but brit is the common link. Autumn could also be the Cultist if it's brit/narc. I would not completely rule out EF either.

Or seer can just scan brit tonight.

if font comes up dirty, then I'd looking closely at Grover/Bug tomorrow.
No, no, no.

If I am scum, you lynch Autumn tomorrow. And the seer claims asap. And every Duke puts in an action on the designated lynch of the Day to stop it from being Duked by scum to the seer.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #1098
Raven
College Prospect

Why Autumn tomorrow if you are scum?
Old 04-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #1099
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Why Autumn tomorrow if you are scum?
The explanatory post is on this page.

I will say that I don't like Narc's decision to follow Shoveler. It feels like he's absolving himself of responsibility.

But I would be very surprised if at least two wolves aren't on my wagon.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #1100
Raven
College Prospect

If you came up wolf/cultist, we would not be lynching the person you suggested we lynch next.