Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2006, 04:12 AM   #51
Icy
Pro Starter

Could you testers comment about the gameplay traying to recreate current MBL? What about financials, do they reflect real MLB or are easy to set that way? Does it have rule 5, waivers, minors FA, etc? That kind of deep is what i like from OOTP to play as GM (even when i know waivers are far from perfect in ootp 6.5). I love to have to take tons of decisions regarding my roster and finances.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:53 AM   #52
Qrusher14242
High School JV

Can you play a league without controlling a team?
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:02 AM   #53
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242
Can you play a league without controlling a team?

Yes.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #54
Galaril
Pro Starter

Shaun, one aspect of the previous versions I have fund alittle time consuming as far as setting up a MLB league is the setting up of stadium for each team. If we want the correct stadium dimensions for each team cam those be saved so if we edit them once in an association it doesn't have to be done again. I might be wrong but I belive there was no way in the past to add each stadium picture and dimensions and have that saved for future use. But, adding Lahman's is a huge addition.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #55
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Shaun, one aspect of the previous versions I have fund alittle time consuming as far as setting up a MLB league is the setting up of stadium for each team. If we want the correct stadium dimensions for each team cam those be saved so if we edit them once in an association it doesn't have to be done again. I might be wrong but I belive there was no way in the past to add each stadium picture and dimensions and have that saved for future use. But, adding Lahman's is a huge addition.

You were not alone, that was one of the major issues folks had with previous versions.

This aspect of PureSim got a *huge* overhaul in PS 2007 via a number of features. First there is a new "Save as template" feature, which you can use after you have created an association, assigned/edited parks, finances, regions, named minor leage teams etc.

Then you use the new "Create from Template" feature later on when you want to create a new association based on that template. You'll instanly be ready with an association created exactly to the specifications you saved in the template, parks, finances, everything...

When you create an association based on a saved template you can either a) Generate a brand new pool of players and re-draft or b) Use the players in the template.

I think this will be a huge help to folks that found the game a bit daunting to setup and customize associations and it should lead to a good community of folks building template associations that others can drop in and use in PureSim.

PureSim 2007 actually ships with a few ready made templates including a really nice fictional association that mirrrors the stucture and finances of major league baseball, so you can be managing your first ball game with a fictional association within seconds after installing PureSim 2007.

The template feature might be a nice way for season replay nuts to build highly accurate season disks as well. The game ships with the Lahman database so all players/teams 1900-2005 are available.

BTW, you can also export/import individual ball park definitions (it saves the park dimensions, photo etc. to a file)
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #56
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
You were not alone, that was one of the major issues folks had with previous versions.

This aspect of PureSim got a *huge* overhaul in PS 2007 via a number of features. First there is a new "Save as template" feature, which you can use after you have created an association, assigned/edited parks, finances, regions, named minor leage teams etc.

Then you use the new "Create from Template" feature later on when you want to create a new association based on that template. You'll instanly be ready with an association created exactly to the specifications you saved in the template, parks, finances, everything...

When you create an association based on a saved template you can either a) Generate a brand new pool of players and re-draft or b) Use the players in the template.

I think this will be a huge help to folks that found the game a bit daunting to setup and customize associations and it should lead to a good community of folks building template associations that others can drop in and use in PureSim.

PureSim 2007 actually ships with a few ready made templates including a really nice fictional association that mirrrors the stucture and finances of major league baseball, so you can be managing your first ball game with a fictional association within seconds after installing PureSim 2007.

The template feature might be a nice way for season replay nuts to build highly accurate season disks as well. The game ships with the Lahman database so all players/teams 1900-2005 are available.

BTW, you can also export/import individual ball park definitions (it saves the park dimensions, photo etc. to a file)

Shaun,

That is absolutely awesome. I will be naming my next born child in honor of you. Well once I clear it with the misses
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:22 AM   #57
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Will the game have expansion?

Will we be able to add or delete teams in a league?

Good news on this front. Expansion has been fully implemented and will be ready in the 1.1 update (which will follow 1.0 soon after release)

Here is some info http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1132585

PureSim Baseball 2007 should be available tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:45 AM   #58
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
w00t
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:47 AM   #59
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Dola - actual question...

Suppose a guy like me would like to reproduce major league baseball from 1985 going forward, with real teams, players, league set up, rules, and stadiums.

What is the process to set this up, and how long does it take?

Any 3rd party mods, rosters, etc. needed?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #60
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Dola - actual question...

Suppose a guy like me would like to reproduce major league baseball from 1985 going forward, with real teams, players, league set up, rules, and stadiums.

What is the process to set this up, and how long does it take?

Any 3rd party mods, rosters, etc. needed?

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think all you *might* need is to tweak the stadiums a bit (I never messed with the stadiums during the beta much, at least not to the level of making them historically accurate) - otherwise, all the other functionality is built in.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:14 AM   #61
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good news on this front. Expansion has been fully implemented and will be ready in the 1.1 update (which will follow 1.0 soon after release)

Here is some info http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1132585

thanks

Thats Awesome news.

I can't wait to try the demo out.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 AM   #62
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes!!!!! Now you can start in 1901 and carry on from there, creating your own baseball history.

Awesome job Shaun! This will be my next gaming purchase.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #63
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I was going to purchase tomorrow, but maybe I'll just wait for the 1.1 update. Expansion's not a big deal to me, but I assume that there will be other changes, so maybe it's better to wait for those. Either way, I'm looking forward to playing the new PureSim.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #64
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I may have to try and get this in a month or two when I can afford it. Sounds pretty good.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:33 PM   #65
AgustusM
College Prospect

Quote:

damn you Shaun!!!! TODAY was the day I had an entire free afternoon!!!!

Last edited by AgustusM : 05-15-2006 at 03:33 PM.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #66
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

You never know, it could show up tonight
Old 05-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #67
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

If I buy, can I install on my PC and laptop?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #68
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Wow. The expansion feature sounds great.

I may have missed this, but does the game have different settings (e.g., deadball) for different eras in baseball? Or is this perhaps determined by the player skills?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #69
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I would be looking forward to this if I didn't have so much shit going on in my life right now. Based on the early reviews, maybe I'll have to make some time...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-15-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #70
Fouts
College Starter

Released!

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/news.asp?nid=310
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #71
TroyF
Coordinator

Will purchase and play as soon as I get home. yippee.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #72
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Will purchase and play as soon as I get home. yippee.

Troy, we have Matrix contacts, FWIW.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #73
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

YESSSS!! RELEASE!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote