kingfc22
Head Coach

YAY!! Nobody died.

Vote Dubb

IMO, it's between him and saldana.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:40 AM   #452
Fouts
College Starter

Like I said, I support RPI and his analysis has been good so far. I have no other leads.

Vote Dubb
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:18 AM   #453
Bek
High School JV

I plan to be on later...closer to the vote...and im not going to jump on the Dubb bandwagon yet...i wanna see what goes down during most of the day before i come to any conclusions
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 AM   #454
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, to remove 2 sets of doubt at one time, the one on whether im a good guy and the one on is dubb a bad guy.....i am the witness...i used my role last night, and I saw dubb approaching RPI-fan's house. he turned and ran when the shots rang out, but i know it was him.

good call sherrif

vote dubb
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 AM   #455
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, off to work, be back 6pmish
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:17 AM   #456
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

vote Dubb

The person who can verify Saldana, I'd keep quiet unless you did not guard RPI-Fan's house last night.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-16-2005 at 06:18 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:14 AM   #457
henry296
College Starter

Good luck villagers. Unfortunately, I spent the night at the doctor/hospital with my fiancee and was unable to respond to the accusations.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #458
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hope all is well.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:39 AM   #459
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Hope all is well.

Thanks ardent. She was very dehydrated after fighting a stomach flu for the past 3 days. A bunch of IV fluids later and doing better.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #460
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just a question for the villagers - do we think we are down to a "one bad lynch and we lose" scenario right now?

If so, then this is a perfect time for Saldana to be making a play right now.

Also, there seems to be a pretty high level of trust for RPI-Fan as a villager, based on his analysis. But it is hard to put much faith in anyone's analysis when we have yet to get a single outlaw. So is there another reason that I'm missing that people are sold on RPI as a good guy in this game?

Sorry if I'm asking stuff that should have been apparent to everyone else by now. But after re-reading the threads last night I just don't find that I'm necessarily on the same page as the masses right now. In fact, if I was going to pick two people that I was suspicious of before the reveals today it would be RPI and Jeff. But it is hard to make any particularly strong arguments for anyone based on how successful the outlaws have been at evading us to this point.

I'll be back on later to see if a vote for Dubb is the inevitable result of today's reveal. I expect it will be, but I'm curious if other people share my concern that we are about to lose on one wrongful lynching.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:26 AM   #461
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If that's the case I would expect the witness to speak up(and be guarded tonight). If he doesn't I feel pretty safe with Dubb.

If Saldana is lying and the witness speaks up, then Saldana dies tonight, then the witness uses his ability tonight and tomorrow we kill another outlaw. Seems like a decent sized risk.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #462
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Some very interesting developments today.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:44 AM   #463
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'd watch out for this bandwagon b/c I am in fact the Witness. I hung out last night and saw Saldana creaping in the shadows with a knife. He went inside RPI-Fan's(obviously clear as well) house and I heard gunshots. Saldana then ran outside the house. He is an outlaw.

Vote Saldana
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:45 AM   #464
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And Saldana is lying. Via my vole when I use my power it alerts the outlaw. Check earlier in the thread. I was the first to ask when the witness should use his power now that the seer(Sackattack) is dead.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #465
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
And Saldana is lying. Via my vole when I use my power it alerts the outlaw. Check earlier in the thread. I was the first to ask when the witness should use his power now that the seer(Sackattack) is dead.

I'm feeling better!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 AM   #466
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And the reason I have been laying low is to fly under the radar so I would still be around when I needed this role. If the seer had been around I would have been my usually big mouth self the entire game. Voting me kills the witness and buys the outlaws another day guys.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #467
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'd watch out for this bandwagon b/c I am in fact the Witness. I hung out last night and saw Saldana creaping in the shadows with a knife. He went inside RPI-Fan's(obviously clear as well) house and I heard gunshots. Saldana then ran outside the house. He is an outlaw.

Vote Saldana

Quote:

If both of these are the case then whom of the other 4 people voting for you (since both of you cleard RPI) are outlaws? Or are you claiming all 4 of them plus Saldana?

Any of the now accused by Dubb want to fess up as being an outlaw?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #468
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm, didn't think of the fact the outlaws find out who the witness is, that makes things more tricky.

I'm leaning towards believing Dubb though...

Old 09-16-2005, 12:58 PM   #469
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
If both of these are the case then whom of the other 4 people voting for you (since both of you cleard RPI) are outlaws? Or are you claiming all 4 of them plus Saldana?

I never accused any of the other people voting for me to be outlaws except Saldana b/c I just don't know. I said to watch out for the bandwagon b/c I am the witness. You bandwagon me we lose a day and the witness when one outlaw is sitting in plain sight right now(Saldana).

As for you reaching at strings I can assure you after we kill Saldana today you are the next on my list. Don't change my words and quit trying to save Saldana. He is an outlaw.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #470
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As for my role I have been sent nothing saying it is a 1 time only action(either in PM or in the role description), only that the outlaws will learn of my identity(which Saldana did). Prehaps I can get another one tonight if I survive.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #471
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I never accused any of the other people voting for me to be outlaws except Saldana b/c I just don't know. I said to watch out for the bandwagon b/c I am the witness. You bandwagon me we lose a day and the witness when one outlaw is sitting in plain sight right now(Saldana).

As for you reaching at strings I can assure you after we kill Saldana today you are the next on my list. Don't change my words and quit trying to save Saldana. He is an outlaw.

Now who's twisting words? I'll I said was by you claiming to be the witness with 5 votes looked weird. I'm not trying to save anyone just trying to figure out where both or you are coming from. You've got strong votes against you without Saladna from RPI, Fouts, & Jeff. Looks like you might be reaching at strings to save yourself that is all.

EDIT: Never did I say the other's were outlaws, just asked you a question which one's did you think were? some people take these games way too seriously.

Last edited by SnDvls : 09-16-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #472
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Not strong from me, I'm waiting from more from Saldana, but I'm considering changing quite strongly. If you were an outlaw and got a PM saying Dubb witnessed you attack, what's the most obvious thing you'd do?

I don't think this should be written off.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #473
SnDvls
Pro Starter

not writing it off either. I'm looking at the players I "trust" right now. RPI and Jeff, they both have a vote on Dubb right now if that changes sure I'll change, I'm just playing devil's advocate and looking at both sides. We could really use the seer role right now, but we don't have it all we have is 2 people (tops on a lot of people's lists) pointing fingers.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:11 PM   #474
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola -
my term strong is how well I believe you. and by looking at other posts some of them too.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #475
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I'm really a non vote now so I guess I should make it official. I only voted because I didn't realize the outlaws were notified about the witness.

unvote dubb

Old 09-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #476
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
Now who's twisting words? I'll I said was by you claiming to be the witness with 5 votes looked weird. I'm not trying to save anyone just trying to figure out where both or you are coming from. You've got strong votes against you without Saladna from RPI, Fouts, & Jeff. Looks like you might be reaching at strings to save yourself that is all.

That would be a bad position to take. RPI and crew have had it out for me for a while now. Just look at yesterday and today with their reactions and posts. What have I done to deserve it? Buried my vote on day 1 b/c I don't like lynching anyone there. Usually get an innocent(which Bek was), kept quiet most of the night and on day 2 voted Ardent. I mean seriously, compare his antics this game to other ones. He was being freakin weird. Then he comes out and bets money he isn't a normal villager. The dude was just strange the entire game. Then last night was I put in a position where I had to defend myself. I figured all the attention and suspecion on me was actually a good thing since it all but guaranteed I would make it through the night.

As for me being the one twisting words take one look at what you posted....

Quote:

That was in response to these posts...

Quote:

Vote Saldana

Quote:

How do these contradict each other? They are both the truth, in order for these to be true no one else that has voted for me so far HAS to be an outlaw except Saldana. You either tried to twist my words or were being a big time smart ass, either way the village needs your support or Saldana is going to be around for another night. These are the problems we run into in this game when 3 people vote without any evidence and b/f any new evidence can be presented.

Last edited by dubb93 : 09-16-2005 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I originally stated 4 people voted b/f the days evidence could be presented, I edited it to reflect the fact that only 3 people actually voted b/f Saldana tried to frame me....
Old 09-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #477
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I see your point. sorry, it just struck me as odd with who had voted you and all. I'll just sit back and watch for a bit.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #478
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola=

I guess I put too much trust in some people based on their voting/posting too often. Mabey that's why I get offed by the bad guys so often too.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #479
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well you are the only one who trusts me, I got RPI and Hoops lookin at me funny .

Old 09-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #480
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Well you are the only one who trusts me, I got RPI and Hoops lookin at me funny .

well if you're bad, promise me you'll save me for your last kill
Old 09-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #481
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I just got home from a wicked party. blech. It's 3:00 AM.

Pardon me if I don't get to the 9:00 deadline, or even 12:00!

Which means you guys get more time to banter.

Votes are now due by 12:00 Midnight EDT.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #482
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't see any reason to change my vote from yesterday.

Vote saldana

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #483
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It looks like 4 votes for me and 2 for Saldana right now. Make the right decision guys...

As for Sundvls edit....I do take the games seriously, otherwise we have a bunch of stupid votes and stupid plays, now personally, never. It is a game. You make several smart ass comments, I call you on them. End of story, it never goes outside the game and after tonight when you find out I'm the witness I'll accept your apology

As for Saldana's fake reveal. He had no choice. I assume he got a similar PM to the one I got last night. That his kill failed and that I spotted him on his way out. He looked around the thread, saw I hadn't been on yet and figured he could atleast give it a shot. Hell, it probably not only saves him, but then people the rest of the game as I have seen no indication my role is a 1 time use and Neon has been on today and didn't correct my thinking.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #484
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, and screw everyone who got me killed...lol
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #485
kingfc22
Head Coach

Very interesting turn of events today.

Unvote Dubb

For now that is.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #486
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm torn right now... there is a good chance I'm done after tonight, so I really want to make my vote count.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:41 PM   #487
hoopsguy
General Manager

Done, as in the outlaws win if we lynch the wrong guy this afternoon?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #488
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy

Done as in they tried to kill him last night so they will probably try it again tonight, especially if I'm the one being protected.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #489
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

I meant "done" as in its my last chance to help the villagers, probably.

BTW, I don't at all think it's a lost cause after tonight's vote. The absolute WORST case scenario is this:

1) There are 4 Outlaws (8-4 right now)
2) We lynch a villager today (7-4)
3) We lose another villager tonight (6-4)
4) We get an Outlaw tomorrow & lose a villager to the Outlaw leader (5-3)
5) Lose another villager at night (4-3)

Even in that scenario, we have a prayer of winning. And that is with a LOT of things going wrong for us.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:48 PM   #490
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
That would be a bad position to take. RPI and crew have had it out for me for a while now. Just look at yesterday and today with their reactions and posts. What have I done to deserve it? Buried my vote on day 1 b/c I don't like lynching anyone there. Usually get an innocent(which Bek was), kept quiet most of the night and on day 2 voted Ardent. I mean seriously, compare his antics this game to other ones. He was being freakin weird. Then he comes out and bets money he isn't a normal villager. The dude was just strange the entire game. Then last night was I put in a position where I had to defend myself. I figured all the attention and suspecion on me was actually a good thing since it all but guaranteed I would make it through the night.

You are acting more like an outlaw than a witness. A witness would make his statement and leave it at that. I am getting a bad vibe from you. I won't be changing my vote.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #491
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
You are acting more like an outlaw than a witness. A witness would make his statement and leave it at that. I am getting a bad vibe from you. I won't be changing my vote.

Keep in mind I was a witness with 5 votes on me by the time I got here to post anything. Also the outlaw I saw had already pointed a finger at me. I was in no position to just post what I saw.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #492
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've never ever seen a witness or seer role make a statment and leave it at that when they are being doubted, generally they get really frustrated.

Old 09-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #493
Fouts
College Starter

Dubb's post was very creative (adding knife and shadows). Something a bad guy would do to save his hide. Experience has taught us to go with the first guy and if he's wrong lynch the other. Jeff, I'd be careful about siding with dubb.

I'm not 100 percent sure on saldana, but it is usually safest to side with the first admission.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:00 PM   #494
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

But he is trying to save his hide. Saldana would be acting the same if he was around, which is why I haven't cast my vote yet.

Quote:
I'm not 100 percent sure on saldana, but it is usually safest to side with the first admission.

I believe I won a game with you because people had that opinion .

Old 09-16-2005, 04:06 PM   #495
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

You keep saying the sky is falling, but I don't think we started with more than 3 outlaws (normal with 19 people), plus the MoLMF. That number just seems right. There are 13 of us left, so that is 10-3.

1. Passacaglia - ??? very quiet
2. hoopsguy - talkative, not analyzing but preaching doom
3. saldana - claims witness
4. dubb93 - claims witness after saldana accused him
5. RPI-Fan - good analyzing from the beginning, targeted dubb early
6. Bek - baron
7. Mr. Wednesday - ???
8. jeff061 - ??? semi-defending dubb
9. Fouts - villager
10. kingfc22 - ???
11. SnDvls - ??? suspicious
12. Schmidty - ??? very quiet
13. Realdeal - judge in jail, not disputed

Any thoughts?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:08 PM   #496
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
But he is trying to save his hide. Saldana would be acting the same if he was around, which is why I haven't cast my vote yet.

I believe I won a game with you because people had that opinion .

You'll have to remind me, I've been in too many of these games.

We have the numbers to do a 1 for 1 swap.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #497
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think the Ardent/Penny kill messes with the perception of things and the lack of a seer adds a bit to it as well. But the bodyguard has done a good job so far, two no kill nights.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #498
Fouts
College Starter

Anyone know if the witness is a one and done person in this game? He has been in previous games.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #499
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The creature game, I pretended to be a seer role and falsely accused the real seer. People believed me. Not sure if they would of if I didn't come out first.

Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #500
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Anyone know if the witness is a one and done person in this game? He has been in previous games.

I can't imagine it would be multiple times. That would be pretty damn powerful.