Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #351
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

It's the first day since Special Investigator Ben Lewis' body was found with what appeared to be teeth marks in his skull.

"We must find the zombies!" cried the citizens of Raccoon City.

After much discussion it was settled that bulletsponge must be a zombie for he was up for execution all day and couldn't even mount a defense! bulletsponge was brought to the townsquare for his judgement.

"How do we kill a zombie? Aren't they already dead?" wondered the crowd.

The executioner emerged from the crowd with a shotgun in hand. Surely such a weapon would ummm REALLY kill the undead! Three shots to the head and bulletsponge slumped to the crowd. There was a murmur from the crowd of onlookers as the coroner looked over his body...

He found a gun and holster, like that of the wild wild west. Was bulletsponge a wannabe gunslinger? Was he a zombie???

As the coroner took a blood sample from bulletsponge it was determined... he was NOT a zombie. The crowd started to grumble as they headed home in time for the curfew. Before dragging the body back to the morgue to be burned, it was noticed that bulletsponge had a small tattoo of what appeared to be a four leaf clover hidden on his ankle.

Night One ends Thursday at 9am EST.

Last edited by Chubby : 10-25-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #352
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet coming up as a non-STAR would go a little ways towards relieving this paranoia as you were the first person to position him as a candidate. Bullet coming up as a STAR will probably increase it.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #353
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So apparently Bullet was going to be lucky?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #354
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, I have not gone through each of the posts, but I did note the first post for each person, which is the one that usually reads "villager checking in".

There was not a single one of those 18 that indicated faction. I'll list the post numbers if you want to get down to brass tacks on this point.

If the point was that later in the game people were identifying faction, then I will have to re-read a couple of hundred posts instead of the 50 or so it took to put this list together.

Conceptually, I agree that it is not necessarily the best option for everyone to reveal faction on Day #1.

In terms of why I reacted to it, perhaps it was the next line that followed the part you quoted just now.

As one of the people who revealed as STARS, this caught my attention. As did the "look like you are candidate #1" post this morning. Basically, I have entered Alan T paranoia mode; I guess you can decide whether or not it is worth arguing if it is justified.

I quoted what I said, so not much to argue. You said I said it was an epidemic, I said it was 3-4 people

I asked what the motivation for those people who revealed as such were, and didnt get alot of people responding other than you.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #355
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clover, I assume = lucky? For the people familiar with RE, I'm guessing this doesn't mean anything at all in terms of Umbrella?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:13 PM   #356
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Clover, I assume = lucky? For the people familiar with RE, I'm guessing this doesn't mean anything at all in terms of Umbrella?

Page 1 has his listed as S.T.A.R.S.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #357
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like on page 1, he was a STARS
Old 10-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #358
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With the gun and holster, Im guessing he might have been the sniper.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #359
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Roles will be revealed upon your brutal death.

From the end of the rules post.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #360
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the record, here is what I show for the final vote.

(11) Bulletsponge - Alan (180), Hoops (253), Spleen (257), Tyrith (273), SnDvls (276), BrianD (281), Saldana (283), MrW (286), Glen (308), Cronin (316), Chief (343)

(6) St.Cronin - Fouts (120), Anxiety (235), Lathum (246), KWhit (278), Path (279), LSG (290)

(1) Fouts - Ntndeacon (184)
Old 10-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #361
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thats what I have also. Here is the voting path of the day:

(112) Lathum votes Hoopsguy (1)
(120) Fouts votes St.cronin (1)
(125) st.cronin votes hoopsguy (2)
(180) Alan votes Bulletsponge (1)
(184) Ntndeacon votes fouts (1)
(190) Kwhit votes BrianD (1)
(235) Anxiety votes St.Cronin (2)
(246) Lathum UNVOTES Hoopsguy (1) ***
(246) Lathum votes St.cronin (3)
(253) Hoopsguy votes Bulletsponge (2)
(257) spleen votes bulletsponge (3)
(273) Tyrith votes Bulletsponge (4)
(276) Sndvls votes Bulletsponge (5)
(278) Kwhit UNVOTES BrianD (0) ***
(278) Kwhit votes Stcronin (4)
(279) Path votes Stcronin (5)
(281) BrianD votes Bulletsponge (6)
(283) Saldana votes Bulletsponge (7)
(286) Mr. Wednesday votes Bulletsponge (8)
(290) Lonestargirl votes St.cronin (6)
(308) Glengoyne votes Bulletsponge (9)
(313) Chief Rum votes Lathum (1)
(316) St.Cronin UNVOTES Hoopsguy (0) ***
(316) St.cronin votes Bulletsponge (10)
(318) Chief Rum UNVOTES Lathum (0) ***
(343) Chief Rum votes Bulletsponge (11)
Old 10-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #362
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

lol, guess Bullet wasnt too lucky after all...

So Chubby if I look at my ankle, do I see a clover there?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:28 PM   #363
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Interesting bits, irrespective of bullet's STARS role:
Tyrith and SnDvls voted in quick succession for bulletsponge to break a tie.
KWhit and path12 voted in quick succession for st.cronin to create a tie.
BrianD, Saldana, and I piled onto bulletsponge to break the tie again, with Saldana's vote ultimately serving as the lynch vote.
LSG's vote for st.cronin brought the margin within two so that a flip would have tied things up.
Chief Rum's vote was so late as to be practically a throw-away.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #364
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I'm not sure how much (if anything) indicative there is in there. We'll only know for sure once we find out st.cronin's role.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #365
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Dola, I'm not sure how much (if anything) indicative there is in there. We'll only know for sure once we find out st.cronin's role.

I don't think I will be voting for St.cronin tommorrow. I have a hunch I will be playing tommorrow. But I will share it with you all in the morning. not before night actions
Old 10-25-2006, 10:38 PM   #366
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't think I will be voting for St.cronin tommorrow. I have a hunch I will be playing tommorrow. But I will share it with you all in the morning. not before night actions

Tantilizing for the good guys, and a veiled threat or maybe a dare for the bad guys.

Nice Post.

I'm looking forward to hear you out.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:39 PM   #367
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Tantilizing for the good guys, and a veiled threat or maybe a dare for the bad guys.

Nice Post.

I'm looking forward to hear you out.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:42 PM   #368
Fouts
College Starter

Figures that bullet was a STARS. Impressive houdini defense by st.cronin.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #369
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Interesting bits, irrespective of bullet's STARS role:
Tyrith and SnDvls voted in quick succession for bulletsponge to break a tie.
KWhit and path12 voted in quick succession for st.cronin to create a tie.
BrianD, Saldana, and I piled onto bulletsponge to break the tie again, with Saldana's vote ultimately serving as the lynch vote.
LSG's vote for st.cronin brought the margin within two so that a flip would have tied things up.
Chief Rum's vote was so late as to be practically a throw-away.

I know I wasn't worried about ties at the time...it was maybe 3 CST when I voted, way too early for that kind of thing.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #370
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Sure, but they still go towards momentum onto bulletsponge. Except for LSG's later vote, I was thinking more in terms of the momentum question than the ties question.

Alan, I wasn't saying I would vote for st.cronin tomorrow. I haven't even started thinking about tomorrow yet, and st.cronin is not high on my "get" list. (Come to think of it, no one is, yet...)

Old 10-25-2006, 10:55 PM   #371
hoopsguy
General Manager

From the sounds of the roles, there are going to be a good number of night actions. We should hopefully have something more to work off of tomorrow than we did today - obviously there is the vote but perhaps someone will be able to bring forward key info as well.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #372
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i was playing?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #373
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

lol
Old 10-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #374
path12
Coordinator

Well, I can say I was absolutely going for a tie at the time and that was the main reason for my vote. There were still quite a lot of votes to be placed and it was early enough to make it a horserace. Bullet pulled ahead pretty steadily after my tie as it turned out.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #375
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i was playing?

Nice.

Nothing to see here Bullet.

Oh and sorry for the vote. At least we didn't lynch you.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:14 AM   #376
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I'm glad I'm around to play another day.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 AM   #377
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
From the sounds of the roles, there are going to be a good number of night actions. We should hopefully have something more to work off of tomorrow than we did today - obviously there is the vote but perhaps someone will be able to bring forward key info as well.

Yes, I'm hoping that we'll have a glorious interaction of night actions that yields some helpful information.

I'll just be sitting home with my shotgun, trying to determine who is undead.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:16 AM   #378
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok.. signs that this game is getting to me.. I actually was laying in bed trying to get some sleep, and things finally clicked for me.

I'll go ahead and say what my thoughts are. I'm not too worried about dying tonight, but I have a feeling that I won't live past night 2 in this game. So I want to try to get some forward momentum going here.

I know people earlier were arguing with the way the vote shaped up today we didn't learn much.. but in fact I think I learned everything i needed to.

I'm not too sad about losing a STARS today, when the person doesnt even know he's in the game, I doubt he would have been a big contributer.. so better him than someone who could be more valuable..

That said, I was struggling all day with one little piece that just was not sitting right. Something about how St.Cronin was playing that just was not fitting into the puzzle in my head perfect. I tried to toss him some lines several times to see what he would do with them, and it got me no where.

I finally a little bit ago realized why. I was looking at things in the wrong perspective. I think I learned everything i needed to yesterday from the conversations and how the very start of the day's voting went. The interaction with lathum, Hoops, St.cronin and fouts gives me exactly what I need.

I can say with 99.9% accuracy right now the following:

1) Either Fouts or St.Cronin is not STARS
2) If we lynch Fouts and he ends up as not STARS, I fully trust Hoops and St.cronin (until at least night 3 when converstions start).
3) If Fouts ends up good, then that means St. Cronin is bad and I'm not sure if it says much about Hoops one way or another.

I'm pretty sure I'll be around tommorrow and my vote will be for Fouts. I think if Fouts dies bad like I perceive he will, it will make my trusted list:

Alan T
Hoopsguy
St.Cronin

Which is a pretty good start for day 2 I hope.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:20 AM   #379
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Well, I can say I was absolutely going for a tie at the time and that was the main reason for my vote. There were still quite a lot of votes to be placed and it was early enough to make it a horserace. Bullet pulled ahead pretty steadily after my tie as it turned out.

So your saying you went for the tie? But only to force the others to "pick a horse"? I have a lot to learn about this game.

As for my vote. It was pretty well snDvls that set me down the path I chose. His argument was pretty convincing, although I don't believe Bullet was his idea. I was pretty unsatisfied going after Cronin.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:21 AM   #380
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Ok.. signs that this game is getting to me.. I actually was laying in bed trying to get some sleep, and things finally clicked for me.

I'll go ahead and say what my thoughts are. I'm not too worried about dying tonight, but I have a feeling that I won't live past night 2 in this game. So I want to try to get some forward momentum going here.

I know people earlier were arguing with the way the vote shaped up today we didn't learn much.. but in fact I think I learned everything i needed to.

I'm not too sad about losing a STARS today, when the person doesnt even know he's in the game, I doubt he would have been a big contributer.. so better him than someone who could be more valuable..

That said, I was struggling all day with one little piece that just was not sitting right. Something about how St.Cronin was playing that just was not fitting into the puzzle in my head perfect. I tried to toss him some lines several times to see what he would do with them, and it got me no where.

I finally a little bit ago realized why. I was looking at things in the wrong perspective. I think I learned everything i needed to yesterday from the conversations and how the very start of the day's voting went. The interaction with lathum, Hoops, St.cronin and fouts gives me exactly what I need.

2) If we lynch Fouts and he ends up as not STARS, I fully trust Hoops and St.cronin (until at least night 3 when converstions start).
3) If Fouts ends up good, then that means St. Cronin is bad and I'm not sure if it says much about Hoops one way or another.

I'm pretty sure I'll be around tommorrow and my vote will be for Fouts. I think if Fouts dies bad like I perceive he will, it will make my trusted list:

Alan T
Hoopsguy
St.Cronin

That would be quite impressive if true. I don't suppose you would like to elaborate?

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 AM   #381
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
That would be quite impressive if true. I don't suppose you would like to elaborate?

I'll just say that you aren't what I thought you were most of the day today. And that helped me answer the frustrations i was having with you completely ignoring alot of my points trying to push you for your thoughts on stuff.

I kept going back and forth debating if you were bad or not based solely on your actions. It was only when I looked at the collective actions of the whole that I pieced it together.

I might still be guessing wrong about you, but it would definitly help things be alot easier for me to develop a CoT if Fouts is bad and you are good.

All I know for sure is that either you or Fouts is bad. If this is not true, then please just lynch me since I am completely off on my analysis.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:32 AM   #382
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'll just say that you aren't what I thought you were most of the day today. And that helped me answer the frustrations i was having with you completely ignoring alot of my points trying to push you for your thoughts on stuff.

I kept going back and forth debating if you were bad or not based solely on your actions. It was only when I looked at the collective actions of the whole that I pieced it together.

I might still be guessing wrong about you, but it would definitly help things be alot easier for me to develop a CoT if Fouts is bad and you are good.

All I know for sure is that either you or Fouts is bad. If this is not true, then please just lynch me since I am completely off on my analysis.

When you say "bad" do you mean not Stars?

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:33 AM   #383
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When you say "bad" do you mean not Stars?

Yep, for the case of this discussion I am considering bad = umbrella or zombies
Old 10-26-2006, 12:37 AM   #384
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Welp back to bed for me. I'm sure this will hopefully kick up some fun discussion tommorrow
Old 10-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #385
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

So if Fouts is good.. We lynch Cronin.

If Fouts is bad Cronin is in the CoT?

I think you're going to have to flesh this out for us a bit. I'm a little uncomfortable classifying what I read in that exchange as evidence of a one for one. The wolves already have a one person head start....I don't like the idea of giving them a big lead on what might be a one for one. I think I see where you are going, but I'll need more.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:38 AM   #386
st.cronin
General Manager

I can't really wrap my head around how you came up with me or Fouts. I mean, Fouts voted for me, but I never went near him. That to me could look like two potential bad guys. I don't quite see how hoops fits in ...

what are your thoughts on Lathum?

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #387
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So your saying you went for the tie? But only to force the others to "pick a horse"? I have a lot to learn about this game.

As for my vote. It was pretty well snDvls that set me down the path I chose. His argument was pretty convincing, although I don't believe Bullet was his idea. I was pretty unsatisfied going after Cronin.

Yeah. Sometimes you can find out quite a bit from a tie when there's still time before the deadline. For instance, after I tied it up with cronin most every vote that came in after that except for LSG's was for bullet. Now that very well could just be because he wasn't around -- but it could also be because some baddies knew that he wasn't on their team. Going further, it could also mean that some people on cronin's team didn't want a close vote.

Doesn't really say anything definitive at this time (and I'm not saying cronin is bad), but couple that with Alan's recent observation and maybe it fits in with that theory. Time will tell.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #388
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think I see where you are going, but I'll need more.

can you possibly explain it to me, cause I'm pretty stumped

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:40 AM   #389
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Alan T
Hoopsguy
St.Cronin

I call BS. 99.9%? You get all that from me voting on st.cronin because he cut my throat last game?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #390
Fouts
College Starter

Just to get this straight before we start day 2. Sacrificing Fouts to find out if st.cronin is bad, is NOT an option I support.

Play it straight, don't go lynching people willy nilly because of some so-called "99.9%" hunch. Work it out based on actual evidence.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:45 AM   #391
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I call BS. 99.9%? You get all that from me voting on st.cronin because he cut my throat last game?

I don't get it, either.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:46 AM   #392
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
can you possibly explain it to me, cause I'm pretty stumped

I think Fouts is onto it, but I think there must be more.

I'm too tired to even try connecting the dots. I just deleted a sentence about corn dogs and tacos, I'm seriously typing in my sleep. nite all.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #393
Fouts
College Starter

And finally,

Lest we all forget, Alan started the voting on bullet, and campaigned to have him lynched. Now he is creating a smokescreen for day 2, so we all forget the blood on his hands.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #394
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I have no idea what anybody is talking about, right now.

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:49 AM   #395
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Just to get this straight before we start day 2. Sacrificing Fouts to find out if st.cronin is bad, is NOT an option I support.

Play it straight, don't go lynching people willy nilly because of some so-called "99.9%" hunch. Work it out based on actual evidence.

I did smile when I read Alan's post, cause I thought to myself. Well I'll bet Fouts would rather trade places with Cronin.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #396
st.cronin
General Manager

Lathum, do you have any idea what these guys are talking about?

knives out
Old 10-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #397
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I did smile when I read Alan's post, cause I thought to myself. Well I'll bet Fouts would rather trade places with Cronin.

No. I'm not into trading one for one, when they both could possibly be on the same side. This looks like a perfect move for a bad guy, get two people lined up for a fight on day 2. Unfortunately for Alan, we have some veterans that won't fall for that.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:54 AM   #398
Fouts
College Starter

And further, just because one of us are lynched and come up good, doesn't mean the other is bad.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:02 AM   #399
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, do you have any idea what these guys are talking about?

no clue but my brain is fried after spending the night at a punk rock show so I am pretty much useless as I eat my egg sandwich.

FWIW AlanT is playing the helpfull villegar role that i've seen him play as a baddie before in the animal farm game. He talked alot prior to getting his role and I think he feels the need to back it up.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 AM   #400
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
no clue but my brain is fried after spending the night at a punk rock show so I am pretty much useless as I eat my egg sandwich.

FWIW AlanT is playing the helpfull villegar role that i've seen him play as a baddie before in the animal farm game. He talked alot prior to getting his role and I think he feels the need to back it up.

To be fair, I have seen Alan play this sort of role in games where he is a villager, too. He is often very active early in the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote