Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #51
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll help. The Fallen is one of the first race of Primes (Optimus' legacy) and he is one that went rogue or bad.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-02-2009 at 07:03 AM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #52
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
(Cue Linkin Park and we begin with a slo-mo shot of Megan Fox)

Can we middle and end with that too?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #53
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, well I'm here. I'm pretty much gone for the night here but should be around a fair amount tomorrow. This will be fun.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #54
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
If he votes like Eli plays he'll probably end up voting for himself...

haha
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #55
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote EF
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #56
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll help. The Fallen are the first race of Primes (Optimus' legacy) and The Fallen is one that went rogue or bad.

So The Fallen are both? My only experience is the comic books, and my memories of the TV shows from over 20 years ago.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #57
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm here.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #58
Schmidty
Coordinator

VOTE ALANT

Because he didn't play in my game.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #59
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So The Fallen are both? My only experience is the comic books, and my memories of the TV shows from over 20 years ago.

Yeah, Primes are the same race as the Autobots and Decepticons, they were good, preserved worlds, etc except for the one known as The Fallen. He looked to destroy and gain power.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-02-2009 at 06:58 AM. Reason: guh, realize, now that I'm awake, the confusion since I kept using "Fallen" where I meant to say Prime or Primus.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what's up? i got my role
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #61
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Votes starting at post 50 count:

Eaglefan (1): Lathum (55)
Alan T (1): Schmidty (58)
Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Checking in. I see that I already have a vote. That was record time for me!

Anyways, I'm out until tomorrow.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #63
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Schmidty

Pretty poor reason for a vote.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #64
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
vote Schmidty

Pretty poor reason for a vote.

It's day one. I was joking. But I'll agree with you.

Unvote AlanT

Vote EagleFan
Old 11-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #65
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

1st poor reason, then becoming the first to cast a second vote (and this early). Not a great track record already.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #66
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Checking in. Out till tomorrow.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #67
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
1st poor reason, then becoming the first to cast a second vote (and this early). Not a great track record already.

Why?

I don't get it. What's so bad about that? It's day one. I'm a crappy player as everyone knows, so enlighten me as to your reasoning that it's a bad "track record" (as if you can have one after 3 total votes on day one).

Seems to me that you're really latching on to something pretty tightly there EF...
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #68
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Why?

I don't get it. What's so bad about that? It's day one. I'm a crappy player as everyone knows, so enlighten me as to your reasoning that it's a bad "track record" (as if you can have one after 3 total votes on day one).

Seems to me that you're really latching on to something pretty tightly there EF...

Lighten up. Just pointing out two things that I have seen people come after others for on day one votes. 1st was using a similar type of excuse for the vote, 2nd thing that has caused suspicion in the past has been making a second vote on someone and you just provided the 3rd, getting too defensive about your voting on day one.

I actually think you are clear (though I see where thinking got me last game) as I didn't see you do any of that when you were actually a wolf.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #69
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

I definitely have to agree. I have never been fond on the person to cast the first second vote on somebody. In past games I have always voted for this person, but this game I am goin to wait it out.

I was really excited to get my PM and see that I had a role, then I checked the thread and realized everybody had a role!

Question : When you are in disguise you are the car correct? And nobody can tell if you are good or bad? Even though in the movie Chevys were good and Ford bad?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #70
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Lighten up.

Huh? I'm not even remotely mad or worked up. Just asked a question.

Sheesh,
Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #71
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I definitely have to agree. I have never been fond on the person to cast the first second vote on somebody

This is the silliest WW "tradition" of all. There is no evidence at all that it's a good indicator of wolfishness. To me, calling people out for it is just an excuse to pin stuff on an easy target.

Remind me to go back to being UTR next time.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #72
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Question : When you are in disguise you are the car correct? And nobody can tell if you are good or bad? Even though in the movie Chevys were good and Ford bad?

Hehe, I loved that from the movie. When you are disguised, you are in car mode and characters might be able to find things out about you, kill you, etc. and it is more likely than if you are in your robot mode. However, if you do a night action, it puts you in disguise mode. Hope that helps!

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-02-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: bolded change, thanks Darth!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #73
The Jackal
Coordinator

checking in, go phillies?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:02 PM   #74
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, Fallen are the same race as the Autobots and Decepticons, they were good, preserved worlds, etc except for the one known as The Fallen. He looked to destroy and gain power.

I am not part of this game (just a possible alternate), so forgive me if I go off into a side thing here, but this is really confusing.

The Fallen==the first race of Primes
The Fallen==the one robot from among those Primes that went rogue

?

I think we have some confusion here.

I went to wiki, the website which knows all (so take this FWIW), and there were two "Fallens" put forth.

Comic version:

The Fallen was one of 13 original Transformers built Primus, who is something like the father of all Transformers. The Fallen betrayed his creator and followed Primus's evil twin Unicron. Unicron and the Fallen fought against Primus and the rest of the created Transformers (got fuzzy here, but I believe they were called the Primes) and were defeated, and the Fallen was sucked into some space between dimensions through a black hole. He was later accidentally freed, and in the ensuing war he started, was destroyed by Primus himself.

Film version:

The Fallen was one of seven Primes (the first Transformers), who were all designated to find systems to build Sun Harvesters to create energon, the energy Transformers use to survive. There was only one rule, and that was that the Primes could not build Sun Harvesters in systems that contain life (the SHs destroy the suns and systems). The Fallen chose to ignore this, believing the Transformers were the ultimate race, and built one on Earth. He gathered other similarly minded Transformers (non-Primes) to his side and formed the "Decepticons". That triggered a war between the Decepticons and the Primes. The Primes won, their former brother the Fallen was imprisoned on Cybertron, and the Matrix of Leadership, the tool which activates the Sun Harvester on Earth, was hidden in a tomb composed of the Primes bodies.

Optimus Prime is the last of those Primes. And only a Prime can kill the Fallen. Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons when the Fallen ain't around, but he acknowledges the Fallen as his master. The Decepticons wear a carticature of the Fallen's face as their symbol.

The rest of it delves more into what happens in the movie (some of which I revealed here), and I doubt it's necessary to get further into it and at the same time reveal the movie plot and what not. Just in case anyone wants to see it who hasn't.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #75
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is the silliest WW "tradition" of all. There is no evidence at all that it's a good indicator of wolfishness. To me, calling people out for it is just an excuse to pin stuff on an easy target.

I agree about this being silly.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #76
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Film version:

The Fallen was one of seven Primes (the first Transformers), who were all designated to find systems to build Sun Harvesters to create energon, the energy Transformers use to survive. There was only one rule, and that was that the Primes could not build Sun Harvesters in systems that contain life (the SHs destroy the suns and systems). The Fallen chose to ignore this, believing the Transformers were the ultimate race, and built one on Earth. He gathered other similarly minded Transformers (non-Primes) to his side and formed the "Decepticons". That triggered a war between the Decepticons and the Primes. The Primes won, their former brother the Fallen was imprisoned on Cybertron, and the Matrix of Leadership, the tool which activates the Sun Harvester on Earth, was hidden in a tomb composed of the Primes bodies.

Optimus Prime is the last of those Primes. And only a Prime can kill the Fallen. Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons when the Fallen ain't around, but he acknowledges the Fallen as his master. The Decepticons wear a carticature of the Fallen's face as their symbol.

The rest of it delves more into what happens in the movie (some of which I revealed here), and I doubt it's necessary to get further into it and at the same time reveal the movie plot and what not. Just in case anyone wants to see it who hasn't.

That's the version I went with despite much preferring the comic book version. The Fallen here won't have the same kill conditions although it was something I considered. I just felt it overpowered that role to make The Fallen killable by only two characters.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #77
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Votes as of post 76:

Eaglefan (2): Lathum (55), Schmidty (64)
Schmidty (1): Eaglefan (63)

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-01-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #78
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If you choose not to exercise your action, you'll be left in protected (Transformer) mode at night. I hope that makes it easier to understand.

Unless I'm missing something, the only thing that I can see in the rules that you're protected from is the Scanner 2.0. I'm guessing that I'm missing something since there doesn't seem to be any advantage for the Transformers to stay "in disguise". In fact, looking at the Stalker role, it seems better to not be in disguise since it says they only find out the role if disguised.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #79
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hehe, I loved that from the movie. When you are disguised, you are in car mode BUT some characters might be able to find things out about you, kill you, etc. but it is less likely than if you are in your robot mode. However, if you do a night action, it puts you in Robot mode. Hope that helps!

I think you meant to say " if you do a night action it puts you in disguise mode" not robot mode.

also, i dont think the 7 primes in the movie were part of something called the fallen, i think The fallen just refers to the transformer who "fell", as in go over to the dark side.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #80
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Unless I'm missing something, the only thing that I can see in the rules that you're protected from is the Scanner 2.0. I'm guessing that I'm missing something since there doesn't seem to be any advantage for the Transformers to stay "in disguise". In fact, looking at the Stalker role, it seems better to not be in disguise since it says they only find out the role if disguised.

Most players won't be able to use their actions unless they go into disguise mode.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #81
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

oh and just warning everyone, i have to be at work by 4:00 Est tomorrow so I'll have to vote early and then won't be around for awhile.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-02-2009, 12:17 AM   #82
Danny
Head Coach

I finally read through the rules. Game is not too bad in complexity with the only real ? being how the disguise mode aspect will work. Also since we have 19 players, normally a breakdown of 14 autobots, 4 decepticons and 1 fallen would make sense. But because of all the roles, I'd say there is a decent chance it is actually 13 autobots, 5 decepticons and 1 fallen.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #83
RendeR
Coordinator

Checking in. Its been awhile, be gentle with me *meep*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #84
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I think you meant to say " if you do a night action it puts you in disguise mode" not robot mode.

Thanks, and corrected.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #85
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I definitely have to agree. I have never been fond on the person to cast the first second vote on somebody. In past games I have always voted for this person, but this game I am goin to wait it out.

Out of curiosity, have you checked to see how well that strategy has worked out for you?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 AM   #86
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree with this -- I see it as basically being a form of being UTR. Which I won't remind you to do, Schmidty, even though I also think that voting for someone just because they challenge you in the slightest is another form of being UTR -- basically giving yourself the out to say "well he was attacking me" rather than having to put yourself out there for something.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #87
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Holloman Air Force Base, Alamagordo, New Mexico-

The sun breaks over the base, chasing away several days of rain. Some morning dew and fog still lingers and several of the airmen, walking from their barracks to the mess hall, think, "It's a good day to be in the Air Force."

You see, life has been quiet around here, even after the government moved a lot of materials from the now defunct Sector 7. In its place, a new group has sprung up named N.E.S.T. (Networked Elements: Support and Transformers) that serves as a quick strike team against Decepticons around the globe.

Today, with the Autobots away, the Decepticons will play. The Constructicons, a group made of up multiple Decepticons, that form one larger robot are unleashing havoc. The call goes out to Optimus Prime and the Autobots begin racing to confront their first Decepticon threat...

votes are due by 9 EST
Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #88
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I think I've played in games with all of you but I have decent access at work and will do my best to answer any and all questions within a half hour to forty-five minutes. As I stated before, the exception will be this afternoon when I'm unavailable from 4:30 EST to 8 EST. My apologies for that.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #89
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
By being in this state, there are very large disadvantages, such as a much higher chance of being nightkilled or perhaps challenged/killed by another player.

I guess this is the section that I had missed initially. Are the mechanics behind this hidden I take it? By reading this, it seems if we don't use our powers, we have a chance of surviving a nightkill order?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #90
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I guess this is the section that I had missed initially. Are the mechanics behind this hidden I take it? By reading this, it seems if we don't use our powers, we have a chance of surviving a nightkill order?

This is true, there is a greater chance of surviving a nightkill but it means you pass on using your power. This was originally going to be completely hidden but in laying out the Powerful wolf's powers, it is easy to infer that there is a mechanic at work.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #91
Danny
Head Coach

I have to go, I will be at work until about 30 minutes before deadline, so will place a vote now just in case
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #92
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Lerriuqs
Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #93
Danny
Head Coach

I picked him because he tends to be a quiet player and usually avoids suspicion early on in games.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #94
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, thanks for not talking too much overnight guys. It's hard to say what the numbers would be, since there's some percentage chance, and we don't know how much, of surviving a night kill, not to mention our other powers. It should be interesting.

I should be around fairly often so I'll hold on to my vote for now.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #95
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I would like to vote PurdueBrad for failing to number the list of sign-ups. Am I seriously expected to count for myself how many players there are? Epic fail.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #96
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Usually on day 1, I try to see what I can tell about people from their posts. Try to get a feel and vote with that. If I don't really pick up on anything, I just go with someone who hadn't checked in as default.

Since I'm not sure of my availability today, I need to go ahead and get a vote in. I don't really have a great place to put my day 1 vote, so will go with the person who made me think the most about their posts so far.

It was proven long ago that the second vote on someone on day 1 historically has been a far higher percentage of being a villager than a wolf. (To go along with historically there are far more villagers than wolves on day 1 anyways). Eaglefan used this logic earlier as he subtly threw it out as a reason why Schmidty looked bad.

Now, I'm not used to having wolves come out and try to ruffle me up on day 1 or try to draw my attention by putting an early vote on me like Schmidty did, so I guess I just took it for what it was and left it at that.

I guess I just got a weird vibe from Eaglefan's posts last night. So I'll put my vote there. I know it is a third vote on him and only one other person has a vote thus far, but *shrug* its what I have so I'll go with it. I might be back later, hopefully will. But just in case I don't.

Vote Eaglefan

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #97
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
You had more hope for my football team than I did.

I just left Passacaglia in the above quote because he is a UM fan

Just saw this -- I had been avoiding the thread for spoilers, since I didn't watch most of the 2nd half until Sunday morning. On Saturday, I had watched right up until the Illini scored to make it 14-13. I was still feeling pretty good. But wow, what a bunch of crap. You're going to seriously let momentum from a goal-line stand carry Illinois to 31 unanswered points? Jesus. At this point, beating Purdue is probably our only shot at a bowl game, since beating Wisconsin or Ohio State is very unlikely.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:07 AM   #98
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I would like to vote PurdueBrad for failing to number the list of sign-ups. Am I seriously expected to count for myself how many players there are? Epic fail.

Your wish is my command...it is done. Now, GO PURDUE!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #99
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Usually on day 1, I try to see what I can tell about people from their posts. Try to get a feel and vote with that. If I don't really pick up on anything, I just go with someone who hadn't checked in as default.

Since I'm not sure of my availability today, I need to go ahead and get a vote in. I don't really have a great place to put my day 1 vote, so will go with the person who made me think the most about their posts so far.

It was proven long ago that the second vote on someone on day 1 historically has been a far higher percentage of being a villager than a wolf. (To go along with historically there are far more villagers than wolves on day 1 anyways). Eaglefan used this logic earlier as he subtly threw it out as a reason why Schmidty looked bad.

Now, I'm not used to having wolves come out and try to ruffle me up on day 1 or try to draw my attention by putting an early vote on me like Schmidty did, so I guess I just took it for what it was and left it at that.

I guess I just got a weird vibe from Eaglefan's posts last night. So I'll put my vote there. I know it is a third vote on him and only one other person has a vote thus far, but *shrug* its what I have so I'll go with it. I might be back later, hopefully will. But just in case I don't.

Vote Eaglefan

An interesting post. I may very follow this but I would like to see how things go for a while longer before I cast my vote. I don't really like putting Vote number four down this early on Day one when there's no one else that's close at this point...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #100
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, are you willing to share a high-level overview on the order of actions? There seem like a few different abilities that could collide and it would be helpful to know order-of-actions in order to interpret results correctly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote