Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #201
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

yeah but u can dream though homie. How many colors u think you'll need?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:04 AM   #202
Danny
Head Coach

For WOTR, like 6? One for each army. When doing detail work and stuff, one figure can take like 6-10 by itself
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #203
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

6-10 what? min or colors. how detailed did u want to get with em?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 02:08 AM   #204
Danny
Head Coach

6-10 colors for ones that are painted with a good amount of detail. You could do that for like the main ones, but for the armies, one solid color each would be fine. It would be too much work to paint 100+ with a lot of detail. Plus there is a dip method which lets a figure look like it has some details without actually doing any work.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #205
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i see i see not bad. we can do that sometime when i go to ur house. If u have the paints that is. Price em next time ur out

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #206
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
yeah we're gonna get some raised eyebrows tomorrow. Sorry chief!

Heh...I'm West Coast. You guys are raising my eyebrows now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 AM   #207
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

In fact, I think we're all SoCal.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #208
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

apparently we've never heard of ainstant messaging or a phone. Whoops

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 AM   #209
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

really? what city u in?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 02:32 AM   #210
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Darth Vilus.....thread killer

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #211
Danny
Head Coach

I think he's in Anaheim or O.C.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #212
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
really? what city u in?

Whoops. Had to go to bed.

Danny's right, Anaheim's where I'm at. OC born and raised and defiled.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-11-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:48 AM   #213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Can I vote for both Danny and Darth Vilus today? Just a one-time exception due to the last 25 or so posts?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #214
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll probably get an early vote in since I'll be out most of the afternoon. I'll likely be looking at ntn voters, either early or perhaps the tipping point/out of reach voters.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #215
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Because wolves like to set the candidates, especially on day 1 which is kind of random. Plus it helps them blend in. This is almost always the case, especially when a wolf is not involved.

I'm not saying this observation is right or wrong (I'm sure you know better than I), but it seems like every game I see conflicting information as far as what wolves like to do (wolves always put the second vote on a candidate, etc...) It seems like one can make a good argument for wolves doing anything voting-wise ("You voted for a wolf to gain trust!").
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #216
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Because wolves like to set the candidates, especially on day 1 which is kind of random. Plus it helps them blend in. This is almost always the case, especially when a wolf is not involved.

I'm still not sure I buy it, though looking at the last couple games, it does seem that has been the case. As for your gut feeling, I'm really not sure how I can argue that.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #217
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You can see the small version

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/image/587390

I guess you need to be logged in to see the full resolution image.

Quote:
alright i signed up. Dang man, that thing looks pretty sweet! All the color and deluxe case, pret-ty cool bro.

Quote:
Yeah, too bad it's $400. I'll really need to paint the different armies different colors some day.

Quote:
one day when we're not real busy we can do it. Just have to save up for the paint. and for that game

not that I needed it but by far further confirmation I am the coolest guy on the werewolf forum...

Me and KWhit, his wife was a model...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Telle

It isn't much but I voted her yesterday and she didn't say boo, maybe she didn't want to bring attention to herself. Then casts a late vote on a known villager. Then her husband turns up dead...
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #219
hoopsguy
General Manager

So far this has felt like WW in slow motion. I'm as guilty as anyone, but I'm hoping that we can get something that feels like meaningful participation going today.

So, as I somewhat predicted yesterday my initial vote on someone led to them being part of the final runoff, with NTN edging out KWhit. What do we take from this?

Does anyone have time to whip up a vote/unvote chart from yesterday? I don't think there were too many unvotes, but I'll be curious to see what the movement looks like around the candidates. If no one has posted one by mid-afternoon I'll probably take a crack at it myself.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #220
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Then casts a late vote on a known villager. Then her husband turns up dead...

Wouldn't that make her evil though? And wouldn't that make her good? I'm so confused.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #221
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Wouldn't that make her evil though? And wouldn't that make her good? I'm so confused.

I think it puts her on the opposite side of Render and NTN.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Not surprising, given I was out yesterday, but the work piled up. I'm in a job where if I or the group I work in don't do the work, no one does it. Ugh.

Anyway, gonna be out of the thread until trivia time. I'll try to catch up any questions or issues or what not at that time.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #223
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
not that I needed it but by far further confirmation I am the coolest guy on the werewolf forum...

I LOLed.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #224
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Hey don't knock it til you'e tried it homie, it can get intense.

as for voting i'm not sure, I'm not really good at analyzing votes to catch wolves yet. That's just me though. What Danny is saying makes sense though.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #225
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote recap from yesterday:

82 - Dubb votes JAG (1-0)
85 - Lathum votes Telle (1-1 JAG/Telle)
87 - PB votes Darth (1-1-1 JAG/Telle/Darth)
88 - Dubb unvotes JAG (1-1 Telle/Darth)
91 - Hoops votes KWhit (1-1-1 Telle/Darth/KWhit)
106 - Darth votes NTN (1-1-1-1 Telle/Darth/KWhit/NTN)
109 - Danny votes J23 (1-1-1-1-1 Telle/Darth/KWhit/NTN/J23)
112 - J23 votes NTN (2-1-1-1-1 NTN over Telle/Darth/KWhit/J23)
117 - Lerri votes KWhit (2-2-1-1-1 NTN/KWhit over Telle/Darth/J23)
125 - Dubb votes NTN (3-2-1-1-1 NTN over KWhit over Telle/Darth/J23)
129 - DT votes KWhit (3-3-1-1-1 NTN/KWhit over Telle/Darth/J23)
130 - JAG votes NTN (4-3-1-1-1 NTN over KWhit over Telle/Darth/J23)
132 - Lathum unvotes Telle, votes KWhit (4-4-1-1 NTN/KWhit over Darth/J23)
133 - Telle votes NTN (5-4-1-1 NTN over KWhit over Darth/J23)
139 - RendeR votes KWhit (5-5-1-1 NTN/KWhit over Darth/J23)
148 - Schmidty votes NTN (6-5-1-1 NTN over KWhit over Darth/J23)
150 - KWhit votes NTN (7-5-1-1 NTN over KWhit over Darth/J23)

No vote - TheJackal, NTN
Old 11-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #226
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I hate the fact that work is busy now and I feel bad if I'm sitting here posting in the WW-forum instead of working.

And yes I still manage a few OT-posts during the day, but those are largely "off the cuff" type BS-comments, not the well-thought-out comments that enrich a WW-game.

I think D1's of late have always felt like WW-in-slomo to hoops' point. Particuarly because there's not usually much to go on (at least on D2). I'd like to try to think of a mechanic to change that honestly.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #227
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

jackal didn't vote? seems a bit too obvious to be wolfish though doesn't it? D1 is usually an easy time to "bury" a vote so why would a wolf skip it. Can't think of a reason. Did he provide one in-thread...I thought maybe he did, but I forget.

K...back to the phones.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #228
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

ugh, i hate going to work when I'm playing WW, i miss out on so much. Though I hate going to work when I'm not playing WW too :-)

so who to vote for, let's see here

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #229
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Lets see what happens in a tie:

Vote KHWIT

Quote:
I feel like someone drugged me after dinner. Sorry I haven't been on but I passed out on the couch for no good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
That explains your vote then.

Quote:
No the vote is a good one at this point. I want to see shenanigans at deadline. if we have two people tied, something is going to happen.

So, I've quoted these with the idea of exploring why the wolves would have gone after RendeR last night. There is always the "he won't be blocked, lets get him" motivation, but when I'm a wolf I'm normally role chasing on Night 1. Later in the game I might have a reason to "set someone up" or free myself from heat, or something along those lines. But early in the game I'm going after someone I think is either a seer or a convert.

It just so happens that we have a potential convert in this game:
Quote:

Evil Marlena Moreau The beautiful Marlena Moreau is the captain's woman. She will know who the wolves are to start, but they will not know her. If they attack her, she will convert to their side to help them get back to their universe. She will be able to communicate with them, but she will still count as a villager for win condition purposes.

When I re-read this now I can see where the wolves might have seen the "it is a good vote" option and thought they should snap up Moreau ASAP to build their numbers.

Now, for this to be true that assumes that KWhit is in fact a wolf. I voted for him yesterday and saw a close race emerge. We never saw KWhit take the lead in the race, but he was under some duress. I'm going to repeat my vote from yesterday unless someone can convince me of a flaw in this theory or come up with one I like better.

VOTE KWHIT
Old 11-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #230
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think D1's of late have always felt like WW-in-slomo to hoops' point. Particuarly because there's not usually much to go on (at least on D2). I'd like to try to think of a mechanic to change that honestly.

Lol, when was the last time Hoops survived past day 1?
I can't remember

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #231
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Hey don't knock it til you'e tried it homie, it can get intense.

No thanks, I enjoy having sex with women.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #232
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

HA!, now that was funny.

VOTE LATHUM

for crude humor

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #233
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unvote Telle
Vote DT

I have seen DT play this way before and it was when he was a wolf. Other games when he has been a villager and busy he just doesn't post, it almost seems he is posting just so folks don't call him out for being UTR.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #234
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

UNVOTE LATHUM

Now I thought tht was funny

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #235
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

how does he play when he's a wolf? Just posting to post?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #236
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So, I've quoted these with the idea of exploring why the wolves would have gone after RendeR last night. There is always the "he won't be blocked, lets get him" motivation, but when I'm a wolf I'm normally role chasing on Night 1. Later in the game I might have a reason to "set someone up" or free myself from heat, or something along those lines. But early in the game I'm going after someone I think is either a seer or a convert.

It just so happens that we have a potential convert in this game:

When I re-read this now I can see where the wolves might have seen the "it is a good vote" option and thought they should snap up Moreau ASAP to build their numbers.

Now, for this to be true that assumes that KWhit is in fact a wolf. I voted for him yesterday and saw a close race emerge. We never saw KWhit take the lead in the race, but he was under some duress. I'm going to repeat my vote from yesterday unless someone can convince me of a flaw in this theory or come up with one I like better.

VOTE KWHIT

I don't follow this. Your whole premise seems to be that the wolves thought RendeR might have been the convert. And you base that fact on the fact that he voted for me, who you are thinking might be a wolf.

Why would the cultist/convert be voting to try to take down a wolf. He tied the vote up between me and NTN. He'd be wanting to drive attention away from the wolves - not toward it.

I don't get why you would think that the wolves would expect Render to be a convert based on him voting for me. That makes no sense since the convert knows who the wolves are from the beginning and would presumably not want to get them lynched.

Quote:
Evil Marlena Moreau
The beautiful Marlena Moreau is the captain's woman. She will know who the wolves are to start, but they will not know her. If they attack her, she will convert to their side to help them get back to their universe. She will be able to communicate with them, but she will still count as a villager for win condition purposes.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #237
J23
College Benchwarmer

A couple things

1) Hoops - I don't follow the logic that you're laying out. Can you try to spell it out a bit more clearly?

2) KWhit - Why is the assumption that the convert wants to help the wolves? I see that she is listed under the wolves for the roles, does this mean she wins with the wolves even if not converted?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #238
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm not sure where Hoops is going with this but there's a reason why the wolves don't like him. I'll go with this for now since i'm at aloss and have to leave

VOTE KHWIT

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #239
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
2) KWhit - Why is the assumption that the convert wants to help the wolves? I see that she is listed under the wolves for the roles, does this mean she wins with the wolves even if not converted?

Well, the fact that she knows who the wolves are implies that she wins with them. Otherwise, she could just announce who they are and:

GAME OVER MAN!!

Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #240
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with KWhit, Hoops' logic doesn't seem to make much sense.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #241
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure where Hoops is going with this but there's a reason why the wolves don't like him. I'll go with this for now since i'm at aloss and have to leave

VOTE KHWIT

WHAT!?!?!?

That is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

"I don't understand his argument, but I'll agree with it anyway!!"

Seriously?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #242
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
how does he play when he's a wolf? Just posting to post?

I have seen him do this, yes.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #243
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm not liking the Hoops / DV doubleteam on me.

And since Hoops initiated it.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 11-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #244
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I actually agree with KWhit. Hoops seems to be grasping at straws here and darth is jumping in even though he doesn't follow Hoop's logic. Hell, I don't follow Hoop's logic either.

Vote Hoops
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #245
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, the wolves thought that RendeR was the cultist signaling to them based on the post that I quoted. It would make perfect sense for them to make that leap, at least in my mind, if KWhit is in fact a wolf.

But, RendeR was not the cultist. RendeR wasn't sending a signal to anyone, RendeR was just voting as a villager with a role. That does not change how the wolves would perceive the posts that I quoted. That is why I think RendeR was the night one target.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #246
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, the wolves thought that RendeR was the cultist signaling to them based on the post that I quoted. It would make perfect sense for them to make that leap, at least in my mind, if KWhit is in fact a wolf.

But, RendeR was not the cultist. RendeR wasn't sending a signal to anyone, RendeR was just voting as a villager with a role. That does not change how the wolves would perceive the posts that I quoted. That is why I think RendeR was the night one target.

If the wolves had any sense they wouldn't think that the cultist would be voting late to tie up the vote count between a wolf and a villager. I disagree with your premise entirely.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #247
hoopsguy
General Manager

For Dubb and others who think that I'm angle-shooting here as a wolf - why would I bother doing this on Day 2 in the most quiet game ever? I was not in any meaningful danger of getting votes before putting that post forward.

I'm happy to discuss my thought process, but the "I don't understand Hoops' argument, ergo he is a wolf" does not seem like a very well formed vote process. Ask me to further clarify, tell me where I'm seeing something that probably is not there. Let's get some kind of conversation going in this thread, rather than just sitting back and letting the wolves dictate terms through indifference.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #248
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
If the wolves had any sense they wouldn't think that the cultist would be voting late to tie up the vote count between a wolf and a villager. I disagree with your premise entirely.

That would obviously be the risk. But at that point RendeR made the vote 5-5 with your vote still out there to be cast. There was no sign of NTN and RendeR certainly was in a position to change the vote if needed.

Point of fact - RendeR did not have any of those considerations, because he was not the cultist. Similarly, the wolves would not have had a lot of time to really dissect the kill order because the deadline was 20 minutes out for them. Wolf organization around the deadline can be pretty chaotic - it certainly has been in games that I've played.

Anyway, I'm certainly willing to listen to other interpretations of the voting logic from yesterday. KWhit, if you know that you are a villager and it was villager/villager all along then what are your takeaways from yesterday?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #249
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
For Dubb and others who think that I'm angle-shooting here as a wolf - why would I bother doing this on Day 2 in the most quiet game ever? I was not in any meaningful danger of getting votes before putting that post forward.

I'm happy to discuss my thought process, but the "I don't understand Hoops' argument, ergo he is a wolf" does not seem like a very well formed vote process. Ask me to further clarify, tell me where I'm seeing something that probably is not there. Let's get some kind of conversation going in this thread, rather than just sitting back and letting the wolves dictate terms through indifference.

As Danny pointed out earlier, oftentimes wolves like to throw out a couple of candidates early on to steer the conversation away from themselves.

You've successfully made me a candidate 2 days in a row for no good reason each time. A wolf would be glad to do that to a villager, just to ensure that they aren't the ones that get the attention.

Admit it. I was a leading candidate yesterday and am a leading vote getter today (only 2, but still). And why is that? No real reason that makes sense in my view. But people have to vote for someone, even when they have no idea who to vote for. That is why wolves like to get a candidate out in front early on.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #250
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unvote Telle
Vote DT

I have seen DT play this way before and it was when he was a wolf. Other games when he has been a villager and busy he just doesn't post, it almost seems he is posting just so folks don't call him out for being UTR.

or maybe i just feel like i should try to contribute what little i can on my lunchbreak.