Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #251
J23
College Benchwarmer

Not good. Losing the bodyguard and getting a possible conversion.

Did Schmidty just never log on to reveal there?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So strategy wise, is there any advantage anyone can see to eliminating the rest of team Canada at this point?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #253
Autumn
Head Coach

I would think it might be better to leave Canada and vote elsewhere. Smaller teams means it's easier to narrow down a wolf if we find evidence of one on a team.

That really sucks that Schmidty was the BG. I'm generally content to knock off people who aren't posting, but this is a downside of that.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #254
Schmidty
Coordinator

I wasn't around again today. Sorry guys. Got home at like 5:30 my time, checked my role and instantly left to take Lily to karate. Wen't out to eat and just found I was voted out. I didn't even know we were voting today.

Long hiatus gain this time.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #255
Autumn
Head Coach

Good catches on some of the reasons for a possible non-kill. Looking back through the rules I'll also note that this was a strength event and so possibly a place where The Juicer might have taken an advantage.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #256
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I won and I assure you I am not the juicer. With Danny on my team I wouldn't risk that.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #257
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Not sure that is true. It is possible the member of team USA who was attacked blocked it successfully.

True. I didn't think of that.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #258
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
So it was a good theory to engineer the tie until here?

Never got clarification about this coment. I know he has had a brutal day but if you get time PB I am open to discuss your meaning.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #259
Passacaglia
Coordinator

USA, bitches!!!!!

Sucks losing the bodyguard, though.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #260
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Actually, I guess if there's a conversion, I'd rather it happen now then later in the game. EF -- does the Defecator, sorry, I mean Defector, know if they are the Defector before they convert? I guess if they already know, it doesn't matter. But that seems kind of weird for the role. I'm not sure what my point is -- I'm tired.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #261
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Good catches on some of the reasons for a possible non-kill. Looking back through the rules I'll also note that this was a strength event and so possibly a place where The Juicer might have taken an advantage.

Pretty sure the Juicer is Russian lol. Rocky IV doesn't lie! And Dolph Lungren is Swedish People so there!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:41 AM   #262
Danny
Head Coach

Looks like either our designate from team USA blocked the attack or a conversion took place.

I would guess we had 3 starting wolves, so a conversion might seem like a bit much, but it's certainly possible.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #263
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Pretty sure the Juicer is Russian lol. Rocky IV doesn't lie! And Dolph Lungren is Swedish People so there!

oh it is clear the juicer must be german. look at the old East German women. They are now just German.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #264
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Looks like either our designate from team USA blocked the attack or a conversion took place.

I would guess we had 3 starting wolves, so a conversion might seem like a bit much, but it's certainly possible.

I was thinking that the wolves probably knew better than to go for someone on Team USA though, right? I mean, why risk hitting the one who might block an attack? With the bodyguard dead, that's definitely making me think Defecator.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 AM   #265
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh wait, but the wolves didn't know Team USA won. Obviously, I'm still just as tired early this morning as I was late last night.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #266
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Never got clarification about this coment. I know he has had a brutal day but if you get time PB I am open to discuss your meaning.

Hey Lathum- Going back through, I just saw where a no lynch also meant no scan as well so I see why no tie at the end of the day. When I posted this, I was working under the original assumption, missed the part EF said regarding scans.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #267
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
So strategy wise, is there any advantage anyone can see to eliminating the rest of team Canada at this point?

There's a slight advantage in that if there is a wolf on Team Canada, its between two people now instead of three as with the other teams. But since it was a random assignment of roles, the wolves could be anywhere really, even more than one on a team.

As for the no-kill last night, I think the Defector seems to me to be the logical answer-I can't believe the wolves would go after a Team USA member given the risk there of hitting the wrong person. But the wolves got damn lucky if that happened.

Onward to Skating then, I believe Team Germany will do really well in this event.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #268
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
As for the no-kill last night, I think the Defector seems to me to be the logical answer-I can't believe the wolves would go after a Team USA member given the risk there of hitting the wrong person. But the wolves got damn lucky if that happened.

But the wolves didn't know who won until after deadline. They didn't know who was going to have the additional block power until after they had already submitted their night action.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #269
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The defector role would know when the role went out that they were the defector. As I have tried to say with every role inquiry, not all roles may be in the game (standard disclaimer).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #270
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Going to check my PM's and then head to the demo. Should be a long day (feel like one that is) today as something felt like it popped in my back this morning and I'm starting to feel the sciatic nerve (sp?) already. Not going to be fun standing and talking.

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-24-2010 at 08:19 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #271
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm just going to get a vote out as my schedule is erratic today. I don't want Telle to think I'm picking on her, so I'm going to go NTN today, but basically same reason. I think we've been chasing our tails around in most games lately obsessing on early vote history. I say we go a few days just voting, seeing how the votes go and then in a few days when we bag a wolf we'll have a richer history to go by.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #272
Autumn
Head Coach

Oops, yeah.

vote ntndeacon
Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #273
Danny
Head Coach

Im not voting yet cause I have to hurry and get going, but I won't be able to be on much today.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #274
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Lathum -- I like your idea, but I think we should make sure Danny is on board, to stay coordinated. And thanks!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #275
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Schmidty 4 - Passacaglia (141), J23 (168), Autumn (199), Schmidty (212)
ntndeacon 1 - MartinD (162)
Poli 1 - Danny (163)
Darth Vilus 3 - KWhit (166), Poli (196), CF (213)
Autumn 2 - Telle (169), ntndeacon (183)
Lathum 2 - PurdueBrad (173), Darth Vilus (184)
CrimsonFox 1 - Thomkal (181)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #276
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Fixwd

Schmidty 4 - Passacaglia (141), J23 (168), Autumn (199), Lathum (212)
Poli 1 - Danny (163)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #277
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Schmidty 4 - Passacaglia (141), J23 (168), Autumn (199), Lathum (212)
Poli 1 - Danny (163)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #278
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am going to go an

VOTE POLI

His whole vote from the top/ bottom makes it just to easy to hide your vote. I know day 1 is a crapshoot but that just makes it to easy to have an excuse.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #279
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Lathum -- I like your idea, but I think we should make sure Danny is on board, to stay coordinated. And thanks!

What is this referring to?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #280
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
What is this referring to?

I am assuming he means our plan. For using our points today that we discussed via pm.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #281
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I am assuming he means our plan. For using our points today that we discussed via pm.

Yeah, I just don't want to use my last PM.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #282
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ef. Do the baddies know what roles aren't in the game?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #283
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm not going to be around today cuz of work so I'll be laying my vote down in a bit.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #284
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow. Got awefuly quiet around here. Everhyone must be doing their stretching.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #285
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

They're probably all muttering to themselves about how badly they got pwned by the Americans.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #286
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

alright, I'm heading out now.

Vote CrimsonFox

For not being able to make up his mind yesterday

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #287
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm heading out for the day in 45 minutes, and won't be back until deadline. So people have that long to change my mind.

VOTE AUTUMN

I wanted to look at other vote-getters from yesterday. Looking at Lathum's post 276, it doesn't seem that an effort was made to save DV, but there might have been that kind of effort for Autumn.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #288
Thomkal
Head Coach

So does it make sense to vote for one of the Schmidty voters today? They couldn't have known he was the bodyguard of course, but that still doesn't mean there couldn't have been wolfie activity involved.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #289
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So does it make sense to vote for one of the Schmidty voters today? They couldn't have known he was the bodyguard of course, but that still doesn't mean there couldn't have been wolfie activity involved.

It's as good a reason as any. I am leaning toward voting for a Schmidty voter or Poli (for the same reason Lathum mentioned). I can't stand the vote for the top person in the list method he uses.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #290
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't know if it really matters. All the wolves know is Schmidty was a villager. I'm not sure there is much relavznce to who voted him until we find out others allugences. Fir example of DV comes back as a wolf then we look closer at the schmidty voters.

As for my reason fir voting him I didn't want a tie and CF helpviut pretty late on voting.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #291
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
alright, I'm heading out now.

Vote CrimsonFox

For not being able to make up his mind yesterday

I have been thinking about his indecisivness also. With him being on the same team as schmidty his vote for you should have been ele
entry but he waited until the last second. Wondering shy that is.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #292
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't have a real argument against voting me. I was a key Schmidty voter, pushing him up into contention over some other people. I did so for the reasons listed then, but certainly if Lathum or whoever else it was turns out wolf I would look suspicious.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #293
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to be out again for a while. I will check back in at some point to make sure my vote isn't getting wasted.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #294
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have been thinking about his indecisivness also. With him being on the same team as schmidty his vote for you should have been ele
entry but he waited until the last second. Wondering shy that is.

I'd be careful how trusting we are of our teammates. While I agree that they should have been given preference on day1 w/ no info, we really need to look past what team people are on to make sure the villagers are lynched.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #295
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:

Had to laugh when I read this - am just back from a run, and am catching up with the posts as I'm doing a few stretches...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #296
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm going to be mostly out for a while. I will try to be back on at deadline, but I need to get a vote out there. I'm voting for him because of his early game voting strategy. It makes it too easy for him to hide his vote.

VOTE POLI
Old 02-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #297
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Ok I am going slow this week. How did Crimson Fox show his indecisiveness. I know his vote was late, but I could not see his indesiciveness.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #298
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'd be careful how trusting we are of our teammates. While I agree that they should have been given preference on day1 w/ no info, we really need to look past what team people are on to make sure the villagers are lynched.

I would agree that as we get later in the game alliances will need to be questioned, but at this point no real reason to vote for a teammate.

I'm just wondering what his thought process was as to why it took so long to vote.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #299
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Just got home. Bout to watch the game on the dvr. I could care less who likes or doesn't like my day 1 voting strategy. It's a game. If you'd like to ruin it for me by voting me out on day 1 or 2 every game then I see no reason to even bother playing these games any longer.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #300
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Just got home. Bout to watch the game on the dvr. I could care less who likes or doesn't like my day 1 voting strategy. It's a game. If you'd like to ruin it for me by voting me out on day 1 or 2 every game then I see no reason to even bother playing these games any longer.

Hard to see how an experienced player like yourself can't see how using that strategy for voting could be looked at any other way. I don't really remember you getting many day 1 or 2 votes since you began doing that strategy, that is my specialty, but you really can't get annoyed at people as using that as a legitimate reason for voting you, at least they are using a reason as opposed to just going down a list. It's your vote, use it how you like, but in a game of scrutiny not sure why you get irritated when it comes your way based on a very scrutinizable way to vote.