Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #401
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I can also see mauboy's play as an attempt to draw the seer out, along with being a last ditch effort to save himself. When he did it he looked like a sure bet to get lynched, and unless I missed something he was vague enough that if the seer did come forward he could try to argue he was claiming a role though he never said it was seer.

Very perceptive
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #402
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- no sarcasm meant in the above comment, that is solid thinking
Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #403
The Jackal
Coordinator

before you all go and automatically lynch me, try and conceive of the fact that lathum is often a N1 target (hell he bought the BG last game), that we're both vet players and that we won the first leg of the race..

is that so hard to believe lathum, you really think i'm selling you out? awful.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #404
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW Jackal I feel terrible about it, I was really excited to be partnered with you and am genuinely disappointed it came to this.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 PM   #405
The Jackal
Coordinator

yeah well.. you're throwing away both parts of the game, i'm not a wolf, and for you to believe 100% i'm a wolf because of what happened is ludicrous.. we won the first leg, you're a common N1 target, we're a strong team.. of course mau was the likely NK target which is why the wolves would think he'd be protected, so they went after a good villager instead who would have little chance of being blocked. think about it, man.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #406
The Jackal
Coordinator

did mau reveal his scan already? i assume i wasn't scanned. have mau scan me tonight, block him, this is nuts.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #407
The Jackal
Coordinator

i'm going to bed, i'm happy to answer anything tomorrow, but you guys should see that this in no way makes me a wolf because of the scenario that played out. i understand why it could arouse lathum's suspicion but it's perfectly explainable. disappointing.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #408
The Jackal
Coordinator

it's a damn good thing the flyers won in OT or i'd be SUPER pissed at you right now, lathum.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #409
bhlloy
Coordinator

So Lathum... why did you openly share this info with Jackal with no idea if he was a wolf or not?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #410
bhlloy
Coordinator

This is a fricking awesome game btw guys. You don't realize until you actually play. So many possible scenarios after just one day...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #411
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Until something is shown differently...
Vote Jackal
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #412
Autumn
Head Coach

So far I'm buying Lathum's story, and not The Jackal's. And that's saying something!

VOTE THE JACKAL
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #413
hoopsguy
General Manager

Glad you are having fun, bhlloy.

By the way, we don't normally get handed a wolf on the first day
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #414
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

yeah Mau, who did you scan and what did they come up as?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #415
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
yeah well.. you're throwing away both parts of the game, i'm not a wolf, and for you to believe 100% i'm a wolf because of what happened is ludicrous.. we won the first leg, you're a common N1 target, we're a strong team.. of course mau was the likely NK target which is why the wolves would think he'd be protected, so they went after a good villager instead who would have little chance of being blocked. think about it, man.

I know you're mad (I would be too) but he's not throwing away both parts, as long as you two aren't eliminated you can still participate in the race part.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #416
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Man, so much for trying to provide interesting detail -- that sucked. We'll make it up tomo, Zinto!

Weird Day 1, I'll look at it more tomorrow.

Hahah I know right we will just have to get it tomorrow. As they say the old turtles always win the race.

Sorry I was not here for the deadline but I am about to read up on what happened and then post some thoughts tonight or tomorrow.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #417
The Jackal
Coordinator

there is no story to buy.. this was a random lucky shot for the wolves, though it's not that random considering what i've already laid out. but hey, i wasn't sure i wanted to be in this game anyways. got excited about winning the first leg for nothing! i'll be lynched, lathum will be nightkilled, we're out. i'm not going to be able to convince anyone i'm telling the truth because the wolves lucked out so hard. enjoy the game!

lathum.. this relationship is not going to make it, sorry!

vote jackal
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #418
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I know you're mad (I would be too) but he's not throwing away both parts, as long as you two aren't eliminated you can still participate in the race part.

I'm going to be lynched and he's going to be nightkilled.. that's eliminated
Old 02-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #419
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So Lathum... why did you openly share this info with Jackal with no idea if he was a wolf or not?

roughly 75% chance he isn't so why not, it could help me during a lynch vote, especially with me not being able to be on much between 9-10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
This is a fricking awesome game btw guys. You don't realize until you actually play. So many possible scenarios after just one day...

It really is, glad you are having fun!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #420
Danny
Head Coach

Jackal, your scenario is possible, but it's not the more likely of the two scenarios and barring any other info, it's hard to not vote your way.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #421
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I keep trying to find a different scenario, but why on earth would the wolves target me unless they knew I was the body guard and assumed I wouldn't be guarding myself.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #422
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

jackal, you have to be eliminated in the race portion! If you're both killed in the werewolf part that doesn't count as eliminated!

either way a jackal lynch helps us way more than anyone else at the moment

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #423
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I strongly suggest a seer scan of Saldana
Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #424
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
jackal, you have to be eliminated in the race portion! If you're both killed in the werewolf part that doesn't count as eliminated!

either way a jackal lynch helps us way more than anyone else at the moment

i guess you're right, i misread the beginning. still, i don't feel particularly motivated to win the race after my teammate sold me down the river.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 PM   #425
The Jackal
Coordinator

and i understand that you're going to lynch me. there's nothing i can offer up as proof, my scenario is less likely. only thing i could have going for me is people reading my posts and thinking i'm telling the truth. but i'd probably vote for me too. oh well. going to be a day of a wasted vote with no history to go off of, followed by a likely NK of the bodyguard.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #426
The Jackal
Coordinator

besides, my "story" isn't a story, it's a statement of fact. lathum has decided that since he told me he's the BG and he was attacked, chances are heavily in favor of me being part of the wolf team, and the wolves deciding that he'd probably protect the seer that came out. i can't really argue with that, but to think it's so unlikely that he'd be targeted randomly by the wolves N1 is assinine. i don't know where i'm going with this, doesn't sound like anyone is gonna listen.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #427
The Jackal
Coordinator

maybe mau scanned me. that'd be sweet. but it seems more likely that he scanned one of the other people on the block.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #428
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, I'm at the very least listening enough to wait and see if Mauboy has scan info to share with us. I don't see any reason to rush into the vote before hearing from him.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #429
The Jackal
Coordinator

my argument about the wolves targeting us because we were leading the race was mostly based off me thinking that you get eliminated from the race if both people are lynched and/or NKed, so i guess that's pretty defunct. but still, it's certainly caused a rift, and as lathum noted to me recently, they're laughing their asses off right now!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #430
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Jackal, I'm at the very least listening enough to wait and see if Mauboy has scan info to share with us. I don't see any reason to rush into the vote before hearing from him.

Yeah.. apparently quite a few people felt the need to rush.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #431
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'd plead harder for a mau scan tonight to clear me, but I don't have a role or anything, so it's probably not worth it. Might as well scan someone who you have a chance of nailing as a wolf.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #432
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Hey i'll switch if anything better comes up, no problem. i want to hear from Mauboy before he's killed off and his info becomes useless

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #433
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah I guess my only shot at this point is mau finding a wolf with his scan, then choosing to scan me tomorrow night. That'd be some sweet reverse luck right in the wolves' faces.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #434
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, but of course there's a cunning, so I wouldn't be 100% cleared. Fudge. Hey, I'll do what I can tomorrow to help out.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #435
The Jackal
Coordinator

dear lathum,

you better top kobe's apology present if you want to have any chance of winning the race after this

-jackal
Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #436
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmm, could Sal be the cunning fishing for a scan.....
Old 02-24-2011, 11:44 PM   #437
The Jackal
Coordinator

hell, there's also still the chance that mau isnt even the seer, isnt there? i haven't reviewed it closely, but wouldn't be a crazy play for a wolf to claim seer on D1 when they were about to be lynched. best case the seer comes out right away to dispute (which the seer should never do on D1, having scanned no one), worst case the wolf lives at least another day or two.

another point in my defense column!
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #438
The Jackal
Coordinator

though an argument could be made either way on that one, because lathum could still decide to guard him not knowing if he was the seer, and the wolves would still know lathum was the BG if i was one, so nevermind. this is gonna be a tough cucumber to pickle.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #439
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
hmmm, could Sal be the cunning fishing for a scan.....

It's possible but why would he give up one of his team members day 1? A team member who wasn't really even in the runing to belynched? Doesn't sound very smart to me

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #440
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It's possible but why would he give up one of his team members day 1? A team member who wasn't really even in the runing to belynched? Doesn't sound very smart to me

The combo of giving up a wolf and a clear scan could take you a long way. That being said, it would be a very meta-gamey way to get there, and knowing Sal I would be amazed if this was the case.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #441
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Again it's possible but I'm not inclined to believe it. I just think that the wolves have had really bad luck so far. martinD screwed up his PM, they tried to kill lathum and failed, we might have had one on the block with Mauboy1, imagine having a day like that.

I'd say they're fighting an uphill battle at the moment.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #442
The Jackal
Coordinator

one last point of contention before i go to sleep. even if lathum had been NKed (presuming he had switched to mau), he'd still be able to talk in the thread, right? it would be a terrible play for me/wolves to go after him N1, knowing we knew exactly who he was and could take him out later in the game, especially if he was telling me who he was guarding. knowledge like that in the pocket is the kind of stuff that wins you games down the road, trying to eliminate N1 would be a silly maneuver.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #443
The Jackal
Coordinator

Obviously I'm refusing to go down without at least somewhat of a fight here, so I'll take the silly self-vote away

unvote jackal
Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #444
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
one last point of contention before i go to sleep. even if lathum had been NKed (presuming he had switched to mau), he'd still be able to talk in the thread, right? it would be a terrible play for me/wolves to go after him N1, knowing we knew exactly who he was and could take him out later in the game, especially if he was telling me who he was guarding. knowledge like that in the pocket is the kind of stuff that wins you games down the road, trying to eliminate N1 would be a silly maneuver.

This actually brings up an interesting point. Usually in WW when you are dead no more talk about the game. How is this approached now?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #445
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

First of all he would still be allowed to talk in the thread, just not about the WW part. EF can confirm that i believe.

Second, Lathum wouldn't tell you who he was guarding in case you were a wolf, he wouldn't have a way of knowing you were trustworthy or not without a seer scan. and even then there's the cunning, nobody can really trust their partners for the WW part.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #446
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
First of all he would still be allowed to talk in the thread, just not about the WW part.

This is just speculation on my part, i don't know for sure.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #447
The Jackal
Coordinator

It's true, I could never be sure if he was telling me the truth, and I wouldn't expect him to tell the truth all the time especially if I was uncleared. But still. However, if dead players are no longer allowed to reference the WW part, another fighting point of mine is defunct, sigh.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #448
The Jackal
Coordinator

From the first page -

Players are free to continue to participate in all discussions within the thread until they are eliminated from both portions of the game.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #449
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

it makes sense though right? if you die in the WW portion why would you still be able to talk about it? other than being weird it gives an advantage to the village

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #450
The Jackal
Coordinator

Trying to eliminate Lathum N1 if I was a wolf would have been a boneheaded play, instantly outing myself, as has happened. Just think about it a little. Again, I don't have a role or anything, but lynching me is a waste, especially if its a runaway.