Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #51
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Count me in. My Sicilian heritage can't resist.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #52
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Sonny Corleone -- Oldest son of Vito Corleone, known for your large, uh, endowment. Each night, you may use it on one person, and block that person from performing any actions for that night and the next. You are also hotheaded and impetuous, causing your vote to count double.

You won me over right there!

I'm in...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #53
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What do you guys think of a Monday start? Or maybe roles out Sunday, Day 1 Deadline 3 PM Monday?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #54
Autumn
Head Coach

If you got the roles out earlier, I'd be fine with a Monday 3 pm deadline. But I know I, at least, will not be around Sunday afternoon>night, so it would be better for me if roles went out like Saturday or something.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #55
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Aye dealing out the roles on Sunday with an earlyish Monday deadline seems a bit optimistic. I think you either need to get the roles out earlier or move the deadline back to Tuesday.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #56
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, if we set a Monday midday deadline, it seems to make sense to get roles out by Saturday at the latest.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #57
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That definitely works for me -- I can even do Friday also. I just don't want the weekend to cause the game to lose momentum.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #58
Autumn
Head Coach

I think if a game is just starting up a quick weekend doesn't matter as much. People will be stoked to be starting.

I think it's the weekends mid-game which can be killers.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #59
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay I was gonna take a break, but can't resist passing a horsehead around.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #60
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

In
Old 03-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #61
MartinD
High School Varsity

Roles going out over the weekend for a Day 1 deadline on Monday afternoon is fine with me.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #62
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
Roles going out over the weekend for a Day 1 deadline on Monday afternoon is fine with me.

So when does that mean you will be PM'ing everyone to let them know your role in the game? Monday evening at the latest right?

I kid, I kid. This schedule works well for me. Like others have said, just stoked to be starting.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #63
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Rules

Fredo Corleone -- Middle son of Vito Corleone. Spends most of his time in Vegas, doing cocktail waitresses, two at a time. You are also weak and stupid -- your vote counts double if it is on a good guy. You may PM with Moe Greene.

I say weak and stupid are an ok sacrifice

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #64
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I just realized I'll be out of town Saturday, so I figured I'd get things started now. All PMs are out. Have a good weekend all!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #65
The Jackal
Coordinator

token throaty, chin rubbing check-in comment
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #66
The Jackal
Coordinator

I've really only seen the Godfather once, and it was when I was pretty young and I'm not even sure I saw the whole thing, maybe this game will spur me to watch it again like I've been meaning to
Old 03-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #67
Danny
Head Coach

Checking in from phone, will try and give some initial role analysis when I get home
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #68
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Only two pages of posts? I AM disappointed.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #70
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hey all
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #71
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Hello all

Wasn't expecting roles to be out this soon. Just want to point out to people with PM rights with someone that, unless you are in contact with Michael Corleone, you don't know that person is a goodie, so play your cards close to your chest. I still have nightmares about the dance JeHeinz led me in the Chess game. Oh and kills - be careful with them. Odds are you're going to hit a villager in the earlier stages.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #72
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So when does that mean you will be PM'ing everyone to let them know your role in the game? Monday evening at the latest right?

I kid, I kid. This schedule works well for me. Like others have said, just stoked to be starting.

I thought I'd do it in thread this time - something along the lines of ' checking in, and here's the PM to prove it...'

(Also just kidding, but this will do as a 'checking in'-type post.)
Old 03-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #73
MartinD
High School Varsity

The one time that I don't preview a post, and I manage to screw it up...

That was meant to be '{role} checking in, ...', but I used different characters around 'role' which meant that it didn't show up.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #74
J23
College Benchwarmer

Checking in now to break my streak of coming into a game after night 1 has already passed!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #75
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
The one time that I don't preview a post, and I manage to screw it up...

That was meant to be '{role} checking in, ...', but I used different characters around 'role' which meant that it didn't show up.

Maybe this game everyone should PM their roles to Martin this time as an act of good faith.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #76
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Checking in. Deadline on Monday?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #77
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Checking in. Deadline on Monday?

Yes.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #78
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh cool, I was thinking we could start on Friday. This game should be a glorious, glorious mess! We may all be dead by Monday.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #79
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote counts should be a giggle. There's also the remote chance of the game being a tie. Aren't you American Pass? I thought Americans hated ties.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #80
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, just reread the roles. This could get messy. I'm going to need a very good spreadsheet!

We've got a similar number as last game, so we're probably looking at four or five wolves? Five most likely, given the number of extra kills, I'd say. then again those could be extra villagers dead, so maybe just four.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #81
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think it's American FATHERS that hate ties.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #82
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

We could potentially wrap this game up by Wednesday in a horrific bloodbath. (Cue the opera music and slo-mo-cam)
Old 03-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #83
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Okay, just reread the roles. This could get messy. I'm going to need a very good spreadsheet!

We've got a similar number as last game, so we're probably looking at four or five wolves? Five most likely, given the number of extra kills, I'd say. then again those could be extra villagers dead, so maybe just four.

I'd be very unhappy if there's five. 14:5 is what ... a 3:1 ratio. Personally I'd be torn between 3 or 4 wolves as a GM - as there's a lot of stuff that wolves can exploit to their own advantage.

Speaking of which I'd like to float an idea about the gun and canoli. If these are sent out to seperate people, who, in turn, have to send them on to other people I can only really see them being of use to the wolves, as they're the only ones likely to be able to co-ordinate so that one person gets both, and who can keep each item in the team till the next one pops up and they get an extra kill. Peter Clemenza has both at the start and can also PM with Salvatore. We don't know that Salvatore is a villager but the odds are that he is. I would suggest that Clemenza send both items to Salvatore. If it turns out that Salvatore is a baddy then Clemenza is very probably screwed but otherwise it's a way of keeping an extra kill out of the hands of the wolves. Start circulating the items around and the odds are, in the end, they will land in the hands of the baddies. Thoughts on this?

Anyhoo I'm off now.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #84
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Oh and kills - be careful with them. Odds are you're going to hit a villager in the earlier stages.

What are you talking about, we never do that!

Checking in

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #85
Autumn
Head Coach

I think every item has to be passed every night, right? I guess those two could pass them back and forth.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #86
The Jackal
Coordinator

I like games with items, I'm going to throw them into one of my next games for sure.

Looking at Clemenza's role, it seems like he is the one who gets to choose the kill should both items land in one other person's hands, not the person who gets both items. So the only way that ends up being a bonus kill for the wolves is if Clemenza engages the option and chooses a villager, or he is in fact a wolf to begin with.

Quote:
Peter Clemenza -- Caporegime for the Corleone Family. You possess the gun, and the canoli. These items, when possessed by the same person (other than you) will let you kill one person with no repercussions. May PM with Salvatore Tessio.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #87
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I think every item has to be passed every night, right? I guess those two could pass them back and forth.

That's right:

Quote:
Items -- There are three items in the game. The horse's head, the gun, and the canoli. Each night, the item must be passed to another person. If no order to pass the item is submitted, the item will pass to a random person.

I wonder if you can pass multiple items to the same person, though? If Clemenza could pass both the items to one person N1, he'd be guaranteed an early kill chance, and if that was a wolf role that'd be really powerful.Can you confirm this, Pass?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #88
The Jackal
Coordinator

I have an eerie feeling we're gonna see a lot of villagers killing villagers in this game.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #89
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Seriously, this game is going to be nuts

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #90
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Jackal, that's interesting, I had read it as the person with the gun and canoli gets to make the kill, but you could be right. Probably if I knew The Godfather better I would know this.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #91
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd be very unhappy if there's five. 14:5 is what ... a 3:1 ratio. Personally I'd be torn between 3 or 4 wolves as a GM - as there's a lot of stuff that wolves can exploit to their own advantage.

Speaking of which I'd like to float an idea about the gun and canoli. If these are sent out to seperate people, who, in turn, have to send them on to other people I can only really see them being of use to the wolves, as they're the only ones likely to be able to co-ordinate so that one person gets both, and who can keep each item in the team till the next one pops up and they get an extra kill. Peter Clemenza has both at the start and can also PM with Salvatore. We don't know that Salvatore is a villager but the odds are that he is. I would suggest that Clemenza send both items to Salvatore. If it turns out that Salvatore is a baddy then Clemenza is very probably screwed but otherwise it's a way of keeping an extra kill out of the hands of the wolves. Start circulating the items around and the odds are, in the end, they will land in the hands of the baddies. Thoughts on this?

Anyhoo I'm off now.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that Clemenza (and anyone who has both items and decides not to use the power) must send them to separate people.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #92
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

That's correct -- if someone doesn't pass an item, it gets passed to someone randomly.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #93
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that Clemenza (and anyone who has both items and decides not to use the power) must send them to separate people.

So, wait. Whoever has the items at the same time can execute a kill, not just Clemenza? What is the point of Clemenza's role then?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #94
The Jackal
Coordinator

I guess I'm thrown off by the phrasing of "will let -you- kill one person", which I read to be Clemenza, not the person with both items. But I guess Clemenza could just be the starting point for the items, and his only power would be the PM rights unless both items get passed back to him again.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #95
The Jackal
Coordinator

Or no wait, it says "other than you" in the role description, so he can't execute a kill even if he gets the items back? My head hurts.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #96
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I assume it just means he can't use them initially, if he gets them back GE can execute the kill as anyone else.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #97
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

GE = he. Not sure GE is even playing.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #98
saldana
Pro Starter

checking in...need to read the rules again...didnt realize we were starting already.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #99
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Vote counts should be a giggle. There's also the remote chance of the game being a tie. Aren't you American Pass? I thought Americans hated ties.

Maybe he has a secret crush on his sister
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #100
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I guess I'm thrown off by the phrasing of "will let -you- kill one person", which I read to be Clemenza, not the person with both items. But I guess Clemenza could just be the starting point for the items, and his only power would be the PM rights unless both items get passed back to him again.

That DOES make more sense, because how would Clemenza know that they get to the same person (except times when he gives them to both). Also, when the items ARE actually used to kill someone, what happens to them? Do they disappear? Or do they just keep getting passed?