Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #151
Danny
Head Coach

btw, I take back my initial read on Jackal, he usually talks this much as a wolf :P
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #152
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
btw, I take back my initial read on Jackal, he usually talks this much as a wolf :P

haha, good, you'll be confused now when i come up villager! i don't want to be predictable!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #153
Autumn
Head Coach

The sun sinks towards the horizon and the village stands gathered, shifting uncomfortably as they begin to count their votes.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #154
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am trying now to strike the balance between barely talking and talking too much. If you never talk then you must be a wolf or a newbie. If you start posting too much everything you say gets over analyzed and bites you in the butt.

I get the sense from your post earlier today and this one that you're worried about seeming suspicious when you're a villager (presumably, though when you're a wolf this would be useful not to do as well). I would say, just play however is natural to you. I personally think it's more fun to talk and try to get ideas out that would help the village. If it comes across wolfish, well, I can't do much about that except try to put out ideas that would help whether or not I get lynched.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #155
Autumn
Head Coach

Final Vote Count

Zinto 5 - JAG (52), Darth Vilus (81), saldana (93), dwardzala (94), The Jackal (128)
JAG 3 - Lathum (61), mauboy (84), Danny (96)
Darth Vilus 2 - Zinto (70), Chief Rum (83)
The Jackal 3 - mckerney (66), Barkeep49 (82), bhlloy (85)
Mckerney 1 - J23 (78)
Old 03-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #156
Autumn
Head Coach

The villagers have a difficult time deciding who is at fault for the deaths. Every one of them is known to them all, it's hard to believe one could be a monster at heart. Rivalries with those they know well come to the fore, and suspicions of those they know little.

In the end, the village casts their votes and Zinto's name is in the lead. He does not struggle as he is led to the gallows and hung. The village dares not do any less to a suspected werewolf.

Zinto dies like a normal man. He was a villager.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #157
Autumn
Head Coach

Night deadline is at 11 pm EST, in one hour. Please send in any night actions by then.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #158
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I get the sense from your post earlier today and this one that you're worried about seeming suspicious when you're a villager (presumably, though when you're a wolf this would be useful not to do as well). I would say, just play however is natural to you. I personally think it's more fun to talk and try to get ideas out that would help the village. If it comes across wolfish, well, I can't do much about that except try to put out ideas that would help whether or not I get lynched.

Yeah hopefully as I get a better understanding of the game and how to read into people's posts then I will be more active. For now I am just trying to put in logical input without over stepping my comfort level.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #159
Zinto
College Starter

Good luck villagers!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #160
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Bah.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #161
Danny
Head Coach

Oh well
Old 03-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #162
mckerney
Coordinator

At least we didn't kill or out a roled villager. :shrug:
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #163
Autumn
Head Coach

The night seems long and perilous to the villagers. They know that they did not lynch a werewolf tonight, and so one must reside amongst them still.

Yet when dawn breaks, the villagers emerge cautiously and gather. No one is missing. Could it be that they were wrong, that no werewolf lives among them? Or did fate somehow spare them tonight?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #164
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good job BG! (presumably)
Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #165
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah, in a simple game like this, I think it has to be BG block.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #166
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Good job BG! (presumably)

Hoping the BG was protecting someone other than themselves.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #167
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Final Vote Count

Zinto 5 - JAG (52), Darth Vilus (81), saldana (93), dwardzala (94), The Jackal (128)
JAG 3 - Lathum (61), mauboy (84), Danny (96)
Darth Vilus 2 - Zinto (70), Chief Rum (83)
The Jackal 3 - mckerney (66), Barkeep49 (82), bhlloy (85)
Mckerney 1 - J23 (78)

I think the pool of Zinto voters is a good place to look. I would be more suspicious of the first three names on this list, JAG, Darth and Saldana. Also to note, I was originally the second vote on Zinto, so my name should be included as well.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, interesting night result. Does the BG learn anything from a block? That varies from game to game. If he learned nothing, then it would make sense to stay quiet. If he learned the identity of a wolf, that gets a little trickier. I think I would still hold out for the BG to stay quiet if he knows a wolf identity for a day or so, and let that wolf build up damning or revealing votes.

Sucks about Zinto. Day Ones always suck. At least he didn't have a role.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #169
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, interesting night result. Does the BG learn anything from a block? That varies from game to game. If he learned nothing, then it would make sense to stay quiet. If he learned the identity of a wolf, that gets a little trickier. I think I would still hold out for the BG to stay quiet if he knows a wolf identity for a day or so, and let that wolf build up damning or revealing votes.

Sucks about Zinto. Day Ones always suck. At least he didn't have a role.

If learned the identity of a wolf and guarded himself it is probably be best to come forward. I'm guessing the likely wolf move is to hope for a common self guard move by the bodyguard and to hit the same person tonight.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:06 AM   #170
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
If learned the identity of a wolf and guarded himself it is probably be best to come forward. I'm guessing the likely wolf move is to hope for a common self guard move by the bodyguard and to hit the same person tonight.

Good point. If he protected himself, which is a common Night One BG move, then the wolves will know who he is, so he might as well come out.

My guess, though, is that the BG was not informed.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 AM   #171
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, just took a look at the roles, and it could also be that the Woodsman was attacked and simply survived the attack. It's possible the Woodsman simply hasn't checked in yet since the deadline.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #172
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Nothing in the rules about conversion or the cultist/traitor becoming an actual wolf in case attacked, which is what I was looking for in the first place when I just looked at the roles right now.

Whatever happened with the night kill last night, short of the wolves simply not submitting a kill, it would appear that the action of some villager role is certainly behind the results.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #173
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hmm, just took a look at the roles, and it could also be that the Woodsman was attacked and simply survived the attack. It's possible the Woodsman simply hasn't checked in yet since the deadline.

I was wondering if this was the case as well. Regardless I don't think either of these roles should come forward, especially in case both are present in the game, unless they can give us the wolf that attacked them of course, which I don't expect to be the case.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 AM   #174
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think the pool of Zinto voters is a good place to look. I would be more suspicious of the first three names on this list, JAG, Darth and Saldana. Also to note, I was originally the second vote on Zinto, so my name should be included as well.

I think it depends on whether or not we had another wolf on the block. In that case I would be more suspicious of the later voters on Zinto. If there were no wolves up there, then presumably they spread out and you're looking at only a 1 in 5 chance in Zinto voters (or 1 in 4) and probably an early voter on one of the four primary candidates. I'm not sure yet where to go for today.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #175
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gonna have very limited time today to post

Vote Jag
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #176
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

These European crickets seem to be drowning out all sound.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #177
J23
College Benchwarmer

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday before deadline to make my vote matter. My b-day today and went out last night with some friends and got in late. I don't expect to be around too much later in the day today/tomorrow either unfortunately.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #178
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Cool, happy bday.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #179
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Didn't we lynch Lathum on his birthday last year? I thought we were starting a tradition?

Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #180
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hmm, DV still hasn't said much at all, and there's really nothing to go on to vote for anyone else at this point.

VOTE DV
Old 03-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #181
Autumn
Head Coach

Zinto's body is quickly buried, so that the villagers don't need to remind themselves of their mistake. A cam falls on the village, as they begin to suspect that their troubles are over with, for whatever reason. They return to their daily work, unsure whether to cast a vote for another lynching.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #182
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Hmm, DV still hasn't said much at all, and there's really nothing to go on to vote for anyone else at this point.

VOTE DV

Are we going with the kill the other D1 vote leader just to see if there was wolf influence theory?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #183
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Are we going with the kill the other D1 vote leader just to see if there was wolf influence theory?

I mean, that's part of it. But since there wasn't much movement during the day it's not as clear cut a situation. We're not going to learn a huge amount by DV's allegiance, I just don't have much of a better suggestion for today. And I'm hoping it will get him talking.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #184
The Jackal
Coordinator

Man, quiet day. Maybe activity will pickup as the work day nears an end.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #185
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Good point. If he protected himself, which is a common Night One BG move, then the wolves will know who he is, so he might as well come out.

My guess, though, is that the BG was not informed.

I'd expect that too.

Had forgotten about the woodsman role, could have just as easily been him the wolves tried to kill. I suspect we'll be losing one of them tonight.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #186
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Going through the way the voting went down, being so close all the way, it's really hard to tell who, if anyone, was being protected.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #187
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I'm going to have to give you guys a Bull Moose Special to liven things up.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

checking back in, amazed how slow it has been. So far no reason to change my vote.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
checking back in, amazed how slow it has been. So far no reason to change my vote.

Could you maybe give a reason for your vote though?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 PM   #190
J23
College Benchwarmer

Not a whole lot of discussion, and I don't expect to be around tonight unfortunately.

Vote DV

One of the early voters on the villager that got lynched yesterday, and has talked a lot more when under pressure the last couple games. I realise I have't exactly been a fountain of discussion either, so feel free to make any pot-kettle arguements.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Could you maybe give a reason for your vote though?

Without looking back it seems to me like Jag got a few votes then most of the later votes went elsewhere.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #192
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote Count as of Post 191

JAG 1 - Lathum (175)
Darth Vilus 2 - The Jackal (180), J23 (190)
Old 03-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #193
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Without looking back it seems to me like Jag got a few votes then most of the later votes went elsewhere.
When JAG got his second vote, 3 other people already had 3 votes on them.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
When JAG got his second vote, 3 other people already had 3 votes on them.

fair enough, like I said, don't realy have time to look back. It just seemed like there was a little momentum on him and he faded into the background
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #195
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday before deadline to make my vote matter. My b-day today and went out last night with some friends and got in late. I don't expect to be around too much later in the day today/tomorrow either unfortunately.

Happy birthday j23! Have some popcorn
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #196
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

ah sorry guys, school kinda sucked. I'll be around the rest of the day though so that's a plus lol. going to reread the thread in a sec

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #197
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
fair enough, like I said, don't realy have time to look back. It just seemed like there was a little momentum on him and he faded into the background
So you going to change your vote then?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #198
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

oh wow, didnt even know there was a woodsman role. So it was either the woodsman or a bg block. if it was the woodsman we're most likely going to lose him tonight since he can only survive one kill, that sucks

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 03-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #199
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm not getting much of a read on anybody as of yet, although Danny's move off of Zinto to make it a "closer" race yesterday isn't sitting right with me. I'm not prepared to make him a third candidate yet.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #200
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

no one is really jumping out at me to be honest. maybe JAG or Rum? I don't have anything to go on though

―Darth Plagueis the Wise