Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #151
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
"scapegoat"? Really? So you believe JAG is a wolf exploiting your quietness for his own gains?

It comes down to playing styles. I realise some people think that posting lots causes unnecessary distraction but in the end I think a lot of people are going to vote early on to try to avoid a game where by day four everyone turns up, posts "bit quiet around here " and then buggers off again. To my mind, avoiding that means voting for the people who have a track record of being quiet, particularly after the first couple of days.

I don't think it causes a distraction, it helps get a read on people. I plan on giving Crimson a run for his money in this game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 AM   #152
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
just getting back in after an 11 hour train ride, montreal is an awesome city.

i'll see you folks tomorrow. you'll be happy to know (moreso i was happy to find out) that it won't be three straight games as a wolf for me!

Yes, because you're a mobster in this one?
Old 06-01-2011, 03:20 AM   #153
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The fact that the rules state that the role will be corrupted makes me think that the corrupted people start the game that way, it's part of their role. I don't think that "corrupting" is an activity that the mob engage in. Maybe the mob can turn one corrupted person if they find one so that person becomes a fully-fledged wolf. Probably/hopefully not.

That's my interpretation of the way the rules are worded anyway.

That was my interpretation as well, although I think it's reasonable that they could have a role or joint ability that allows them to potentially corrupt a limited number of additional players. It could be that certain citizens are more or less 'corruptible' or any number of ways Autumn could have gone with the idea.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #154
Danny
Head Coach

And I just realized Crimson isn't playing in this game.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #155
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
That was my interpretation as well, although I think it's reasonable that they could have a role or joint ability that allows them to potentially corrupt a limited number of additional players. It could be that certain citizens are more or less 'corruptible' or any number of ways Autumn could have gone with the idea.

You're all corrupted, I say we lynch you all.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:23 AM   #156
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Make sure you pad your post count tonight Danny

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #157
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Make sure you pad your post count tonight Danny

I am way ahead of you
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 AM   #158
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I don't think it causes a distraction, it helps get a read on people. I plan on giving Crimson a run for his money in this game.

I agree to an extent but I think some people believe a lot of banter does cause a distraction. I'm rubbish at getting reads of off what people post so I sort of fall in the in-between camp but I think most would prefer a game where people post "too" much to one where no-one posts anything, even most UTR players would agree. Of course there's work schedule and, in my case, holidays and whatnot that play in.

If Crimson were playing we'd probably be topping 500 posts by now.

Anyway, to quote Autumn in most games "Why's no-one voting"? I can understand wolves wanting to hold onto their votes for a while but I'd have thought villagers would be happy to get some voting action going on.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #159
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll get on the voting train early rather than late, as I know I won't have any activity at all from my work/client today.

Putting a vote on a guy who is usually more quiet that has had late runs in the last couple of games I've played:

VOTE MRBUG
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #160
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Not sure who I want to vote for at this point so I will see where the votes fall during the day.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #161
Danny
Head Coach

Alright, I debated on this to think it over some more, but I am the Mayor. The reason I am revealing is because I have a duke ability, but it's a little different than normal. If I use it, I gain a pretty powerful special ability I'd rather not reveal to the wolves. The catch is that I have to be the lynch choice in order to use it and can't just use it whenever I want. Since I tend to be a night kill target early on, I figure it's best to try and gain and use that ability before I am end up killed. It's up to you guys if you want to vote for me, and if you decide to, we could have an unofficial vote in which everyone places a unofficial vote Hoopsguy (as an example) and then I duke it to that person.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #162
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

hmm seems as if PF has a built in "don't vote for me" strategy with him not being here the whole time, seems fishy...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #163
Danny
Head Coach

Maybe both Schmidty and Packer think they are Batman?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #164
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Roles have been sent. If you did not receive a PM, please let me know.

The standard villager PM is:

Please note, since it's unusual, that those with the roles of Mayor, Judge, Commissioner, or Officer are not aware of their role. They received only the standard villager message.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to ask here or in PM. Game play may commence now, with the first vote deadline tomorrow night.

ummmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #165
Danny
Head Coach

That's funny because I have all of those roles, you should see my list of abilities.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #166
Danny
Head Coach

Oh, and I AM BATMAN!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #167
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Chubby
Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #168
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Chubby
Vote Narcizo
Old 06-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #169
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Narcizo
Vote Mauboy
Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #170
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

finally checking in! got back late last night and never checked forum.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #171
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
finally checking in! got back late last night and never checked forum.

Riddle me this Mauboy, what is it that no man haves, but no man wants to lose?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #172
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Riddle me this Mauboy, what is it that no man wants to have, but no man wants to lose?

corrected
Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #173
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Mauboy
Vote Narcizo
Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #174
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
ummmmmmmmmmmm

Aye - shouldn't think you'll have any difficulty attracting votes after that "reveal", Danny.

I presume you have a role that you need to get votes for in order to trigger a power. You realise you're unlikely to get votes early on which is why you've been playing a bit unusually and trying to antagonise Thomkal. Anyhow, whether it's a villager role, a mob role or an independent role remains to be seen. I know where I'd put my money at the moment.

However, unless there's a villager night kill ability (doesn't really seem in keeping with the roles - unless Batman can throw someone in Arkham Asylum and that counts as a night kill) there's no way of getting rid of you without voting to lynch you.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #175
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

if there is a joker danny is my lead candidate. lol!

off to work soon. ugh. first time in a week!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #176
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ok so that was before I saw the latest postings where I thought I was being quite astute guessing an independent role. Now you've just gone and scuppered that.

Clearly your account has been hacked by Lathum.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #177
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Aye - shouldn't think you'll have any difficulty attracting votes after that "reveal", Danny.

I presume you have a role that you need to get votes for in order to trigger a power. You realise you're unlikely to get votes early on which is why you've been playing a bit unusually and trying to antagonise Thomkal. Anyhow, whether it's a villager role, a mob role or an independent role remains to be seen. I know where I'd put my money at the moment.

However, unless there's a villager night kill ability (doesn't really seem in keeping with the roles - unless Batman can throw someone in Arkham Asylum and that counts as a night kill) there's no way of getting rid of you without voting to lynch you.

Possible, I am obviously up to something, well many things actually. Some of what I say is the truth, some of it is not.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #178
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
if there is a joker danny is my lead candidate. lol!

I severely hope he's not the Joker saying "Riddle me this".
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #179
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

So i'm guessing that Danny is the Joker and that he can't be vote lynched, he can only probably be offed by Batman. as Narcizo said, he probably has an ability that gets triggered by votes hence trying to attract attention but it also attracts the Batman's attention which is good for us.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #180
Danny
Head Coach

I am the Joker, and batman, I am everyone!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #181
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Are you the walrus?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #182
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Every woman?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #183
Danny
Head Coach

I am the Walrus' daddy!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #184
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Every woman?

Women are people too?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #185
Danny
Head Coach

I double checked to make sure Saldana wasn't playing this game before posting that.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #186
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway I fear that this is all going to give the wolves an easy ride for the next few days as everyone wonders what Danny is going on about.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #187
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Anyway I fear that this is all going to give the wolves an easy ride for the next few days as everyone wonders what Danny is going on about.

And my internship is over and I am home all day for the entirety of the game. Oh what fun we shall have.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #188
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
So i'm guessing that Danny is the Joker and that he can't be vote lynched, he can only probably be offed by Batman. as Narcizo said, he probably has an ability that gets triggered by votes hence trying to attract attention but it also attracts the Batman's attention which is good for us.

Yes, attracting the Batman's attention is good for "us"
Old 06-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #189
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I guess the question is whether Danny has a one-off lynch immunity or perma-immunity. One-off and we vote him today and tomorrow. Perma and we hope someone can, and will, remove/kill him.

Or it's all a big fat bluff.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #190
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Clearly your account has been hacked by Lathum.

Quip of the day winner for Day 1.

There could be a few different reasons Danny's acting in an unusual manner like this, but I won't be voting him (for now) until we have a better understanding what he's up to.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #191
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess the question is whether Danny has a one-off lynch immunity or perma-immunity. One-off and we vote him today and tomorrow. Perma and we hope someone can, and will, remove/kill him.

If it's something straightforward like lynch-immunity, why come out with an obvious lie about being the Mayor?

I don't believe Danny as wolf would act like this, but it doesnt make a lot of sense for Danny as villager either. So maybe neutral or else there's more to his set of abilities or a few other possibilities.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #192
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
We all know Packer is a playboy, so he would have to be Bruce Wayne.

I am? Well hot damn then

Quote:
hmm seems as if PF has a built in "don't vote for me" strategy with him not being here the whole time, seems fishy...

Isn't that everyone's strategy? I was more saying that in jest than anything. Obviously I don't want to die, but if the rest of the village feels they can gain valuable knowledge by offing me, I am always willing to take one for the team.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #193
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Do we have a count yet? I think I have seen a decent number of candidates and I don't want to spread the vote to thin. Thinking of placing that dreaded "second" vote.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #194
Autumn
Head Coach

Your Gotham City Morning Vote Count:

ntn - jag (82)
mauboy - narcizo (92)
mrbug - hoopsguy (159)
narcizo - danny (173)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #195
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
If it's something straightforward like lynch-immunity, why come out with an obvious lie about being the Mayor?

I don't believe Danny as wolf would act like this, but it doesnt make a lot of sense for Danny as villager either. So maybe neutral or else there's more to his set of abilities or a few other possibilities.

It's kind of late for Danny, maybe it didn't seem obvious at the time. Maybe he did actually miss the bit about unnamed roles not knowing their role. If we think he missed that then he would be hoping to get his powers triggered while avoiding the scrutiny of the good role figures. Then again if he didn't know the roles were hidden then he could expect the Mayor to oppose him pretty quickly.

I don't think we should be side-tracked by this as that will play into the hands of the wolves. I have difficulty seeing Danny making this move as a wolf so I think we should carry on with day one as much as possible and not worry about him too much. He's not going anywhere after all.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #196
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
It's kind of late for Danny, maybe it didn't seem obvious at the time. Maybe he did actually miss the bit about unnamed roles not knowing their role. If we think he missed that then he would be hoping to get his powers triggered while avoiding the scrutiny of the good role figures. Then again if he didn't know the roles were hidden then he could expect the Mayor to oppose him pretty quickly.

I don't think we should be side-tracked by this as that will play into the hands of the wolves. I have difficulty seeing Danny making this move as a wolf so I think we should carry on with day one as much as possible and not worry about him too much. He's not going anywhere after all.

Or maybe I knew the mayor did not know he was the mayor and could not counter reveal to me while at the same time not knowing that the mayor was not aware of being the mayor and this not realizing my reveal would be caught.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #197
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Oh there's definitely more to it, but what?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #198
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
For the life of me, I couldn't tell what you were saying until I realized that you weren;t saying The JACKAL but The Joker - I thought you were talking about hte player/

I'm not the Joker, I wish I was, but I'm not. Sometimes I'm the jester. But this time I'm just plain old jackal
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #199
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

All of the above, I have a one off ability, perma ability and no immunity.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #200
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, because you're a mobster in this one?

just a plain old citizen. i get to hyperanalyze other people's mistakes instead of my own!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote