Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

It's a secret!

that's a yes
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #252
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You guys sure make it hard to have a busy day at work and then check in. I am finally caught up.

Not much to offer except my gut says we shouldn't vote for Danny right now.

I did have a thought that if I was a GM with a Batman character in my game, I almost certainly would give him some sort of nightkill ability, maybe even one every night. It's also quite possible that Batman knows one or more of the other good guys, and may even be able to communicate with them. I would not be surprised by a "lovers" combo with Rachel Dawes (which could also be a role set between Dawes and Dent), or some sort of partnership with Gordon.

I also had the thought that we may not have an actual villager in this game whatsoever. Danny may be the Joker or the Riddler, and he's probably neutral regardless. Who's to say Lucius Fox or Alfred aren't in this game somewhere as well, unknown to us? I would have said now, but the Joker/Riddle is a pretty big role to leave out of the rules, so who's to say it doesn't cut that way for the good guys, too?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #253
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Just to make sure I get a vote in...It still may change but...

Vote Mr.Bug
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #254
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Don't care how good the role and player is - pulling this sort of grandstanding stunt on day one as a villager to save oneself is just a bad move and I am pretty sure Danny wouldn't do it.

You're probably right
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #255
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I've had fours posts so far and you consider that active for me?

This is post number 5 btw

You are about 50 behind me
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #256
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I wouldn't consider the Joker or other hidden's "neutral", they most likely have separate winning conditions that do not jive with the villager's winning conditions.

Chubby is pretty astute, I would advice you to give his posts extra consideration.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #257
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Isn't this why God invented the ignore button?

We both know you won't be able to stay away!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #258
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

It's a secret!

Not to everyone
Old 06-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #259
J23
College Benchwarmer

I approve of the Zelda reference.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #260
Danny
Head Coach

unvote mauboy
vote mr.bug
Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #261
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay after getting caught up with all the insanity, my thinking here is that you do this for one of four reasons:

1-You're a crazy citizen of Gotham who comes up with this idea to see how people react-the mob surely won't want him to be the lynch candidate if he's telling the truth about his role's power-those trying more strongly than others to dissuade us regular Gotham citizens for voting for him could be members of the Mob.

2-You are telling the truth about the needing to be the top lynch candidate-the mayor part is obviously not true but you know people will see through that. If you just came forward without saying you were the mayor-perhaps people would be less willing to believe you? The problem here is how much of the truth are you telling us-which side or neither are you really on? Maybe an unknown till now neutral who wants to play one side against the other? Or maybe you were completely truthful and you will somehow get to use this power before you are nightkilled and it will be helpful to the citizens of Gotham. Because you will be nightkilled if you are not a member of the mob already, which leads me to...

3-You are either a member of the Mob already hoping to trigger some power or something to do with the corruption part of this game or you are a neutral wanting to be nightkilled or lynched either to be recruited by the mob or to gain some kind of information/ability and thus immune to the nightkill for that night.

4-Some other reason that I have no clue what it could be.

In any case I thank Danny for making this an entertaining day 1, unless its reason one for doing it. I almost think we have to vote Danny today-one to put pressure on him late in the day to see if his story changes or people make obvious moves to try to save him or lynch him. Seer types are now going to be forced to use their power on him if he's still alive after the lynch and no new information is immediately forthcoming which means a potential waste of said seer powers if he turns out just to be a villager. Which I just can't see Danny doing to us regular citizens of Gotham if indeed he is just one of them too.

But like Chubby I will be holding off on voting for him for now to see what other revelations might come to light about him and others.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #262
MrBug708
Head Coach

This might end badly for me
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #263
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm a vanilla cube rat!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #264
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ah, wrong game!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #265
bhlloy
Coordinator

Catching up at work, I have no idea what to make of this Danny thing other than he obviously has a plan and it's probably something smart.

Am I missing something about Bug that means he has 3 quick votes on day 1?
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #266
MrBug708
Head Coach

The first thought was that I was too active with 5 posts in the thread
Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #267
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm not sure scanning him would be fantastically helpful - if he is a member of the mob it's likely he's got a cunning power otherwise this whole course of events is illogical. This business about triggering corruption doesn't really hold up very well either as far as I can see. Why not let things play out and then, when a wolf gets lynched the corruption thingy will trigger anyway. Don't see much sense in hurrying towards it.

I wonder why Danny has been pulling all this "Look at me! I'm mad" business and yet attempting to convince us that his mayor post wasn't a mistake but some sort of cunning masterplan. I don't know, maybe he thought the mayor would duke him and that was his thinking all along. Reading it I think it sounds like he thinks it's a effective plan, Chubby points out the obvious and then we get the Crazy Danny act, followed by the "obviously not a mistake" Danny.

In order of probability I'd guess Hostile Independent, Trout, Cunning Mob, Flying Trout, Villager. Which kind of makes me think we should vote him anyway as the win-loss is pretty good. Don't like the fact that I think he wanted us to vote him before all this ker-wazy stuff kicked off.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #268
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Catching up at work, I have no idea what to make of this Danny thing other than he obviously has a plan and it's probably something smart.

Am I missing something about Bug that means he has 3 quick votes on day 1?

Mauboy was the first to three before Danny switched.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #269
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well if he's a flying trout I'm voting for him, because that's just not natural you know?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #270
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Narcizo, the two possibilities are:

1. Danny made a mistake and didn't realize the Mayor doesn't know their role--- This doesn't make a lot of sense because he knows the real Mayor would cone forward at some point, perhaps immediately, or if he thinks (logically, based on past games) they have a duke ability, he would get duked and lynched.

2. Danny intentionally made a lousy reveal --- Again, unsure what the motivation would be, people would immediately be more suspicious of him and he would be much more likely to be lynched.

Either way, the outcome is the same. His actions are those of someone who wants to get either suspicion, votes, or outright lynched.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #271
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
We both know you won't be able to stay away!

Busted!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #272
Zinto
College Starter

I am going to give Danny the benefit of a few days before we try and lynch him. It actually wouldn't surprise me if he was a vanilla villager who is causing a distraction so he is not night killed the first night like almost every single other game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #273
Zinto
College Starter

That being said Crimson did this the last game with the intention to get the wolves attention and tell them he was neutral with their best interest at heart. If he continues to much up the water, confusing people in the process we may need to see what a lynch could do for us in a couple days.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #274
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Either way, the outcome is the same. His actions are those of someone who wants to get either suspicion, votes, or outright lynched.

Why not all of the above?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #275
Danny
Head Coach

Pretty sure I have two mobsters figured out now
Old 06-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #276
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well if he's a flying trout I'm voting for him, because that's just not natural you know?

A flying trout? That's nonsense. I am a singing trout!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #277
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Narcizo, the two possibilities are:

1. Danny made a mistake and didn't realize the Mayor doesn't know their role--- This doesn't make a lot of sense because he knows the real Mayor would cone forward at some point, perhaps immediately, or if he thinks (logically, based on past games) they have a duke ability, he would get duked and lynched.

2. Danny intentionally made a lousy reveal --- Again, unsure what the motivation would be, people would immediately be more suspicious of him and he would be much more likely to be lynched.

I'd say the difference is that 1) definitely points to him wanting to be lynched while 2) could mean a lot of different things, including wanting to be scanned, wanting to get votes but not necessarily wanting to be lynched, wanting to make things lively, whatever.

If he missed Autumn's note then 1 makes a lot of sense to me. If there's a mayor with duking powers he gets duked or the mayor doesn't have duking powers but doesn't immediately reveal and we go along with Danny's plan and lynch him anyway. Or the mayor does reveal and we probably lynch one today and one tomorrow.

If the majority start suspecting that he's not good and wants to be lynched then they might not be as obliging.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #278
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

One of these days I'm not going to play JAG and be a crazy person too. Although maybe that will be too cliched by the time I get around to it. I'll have to think of a more original character to play.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #279
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
One of these days I'm not going to play JAG and be a crazy person too. Although maybe that will be too cliched by the time I get around to it. I'll have to think of a more original character to play.

I can say that regardless if everything results the way I want it too, I am having fun
Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #280
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Play Day 4+ me - not fun but definitely crazy.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #281
Zinto
College Starter

To start trying to move the conversation off Danny and more onto the voting of today I am going to vote for NTN at this point. He made it pretty far last game and I am a believer in keeping the day one pool decently condensed so that it is tougher to have a throw away vote.

Vote NTN
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #282
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Well, we probably can't say for sure whether it's 1. or 2. Personally I think 1. is farfetched. He was already acting in a confrontational manner prior to the 'reveal'. But yes, if you believe 1., what you said is true.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #283
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
To start trying to move the conversation off Danny and more onto the voting of today I am going to vote for NTN at this point. He made it pretty far last game and I am a believer in keeping the day one pool decently condensed so that it is tougher to have a throw away vote.

Vote NTN

You know what's funny, I can't even remember the last time ntn was a wolf, just random chance, but it seems he is almost always a villager.

Unvote mr bug
vote ntn
Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #284
Tyrith
College Starter

Good grief, this all seems a little too involved for Day 1. Personally, I'm just going to let you guys handle the Danny thing for now, while I'm probably just going to cast my usual anti-UTR vote sometime this afternoon and go about my business. If I had a vote count I'd just do it now, but I'm honestly too lazy to do it myself until after work.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #285
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Currently
NTN 3
Mau 2
Bug 2

I believe.

Danny has the tie-breaker.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #286
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

But don't quote me on it.

Literally.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #287
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
A flying trout? That's nonsense. I am a singing trout!

Well then if you start singing Tiny Bubbles, I'm voting for you, then putting you on my wall so you can start singing whenever the Mob tries to take me out.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #288
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well then if you start singing Tiny Bubbles, I'm voting for you, then putting you on my wall so you can start singing whenever the Mob tries to take me out.

Tiny troubles (tiny troubles)
won't be fine (won't be fine)
Make me happy (make me happy)
don't cross my line (don't cross my line)

Tiny troubles (tiny troubles)
Make me warm all over
With a feeling that I'm gonna
haunt you till the end of time

So here's to the crazy loon
And here's to your fee
And mostly here's to the end coming soon
for you and me

So here's to the place you will forever lay
yesterday, tomorrow or today
And here's to the abyss
for that's the price you will pay
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #289
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well I guess we're going with a consolidated day 1 vote then...

Mauboy, I choose you. Just because you usually make it pretty far and I suck at trying to figure out your game.

Vote Mauboy
Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #290
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote ntndeacon
Vote Mauboy
Old 06-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #291
MrBug708
Head Coach

Only in the interest of self preservation and the fact that I wont be around at the deadline

Vote - Mauboy
Old 06-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #292
bhlloy
Coordinator

It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside when I start a mini run like this
Old 06-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #293
Danny
Head Coach

You do realize that Mau had 4 votes at the time right? And a better vote would have been to ntn (especially knowing that I keep switching whenever there is a new vote)
Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #294
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I've had fours posts so far and you consider that active for me?

This is post number 5 btw

Going back a ways, but Bug, I think hoops meant he is voting for a player who is usually quiet in you rather than saying you were being unusally Danny-like in your posting and that was the reason for his vote.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #295
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Going back a ways, but Bug, I think hoops meant he is voting for a player who is usually quiet in you rather than saying you were being unusally Danny-like in your posting and that was the reason for his vote.

You mean I'm not playing under the radar?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #296
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You do realize that Mau had 4 votes at the time right? And a better vote would have been to ntn (especially knowing that I keep switching whenever there is a new vote)

I notice that you didn't change this time.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #297
Danny
Head Coach

Ok then

Unvote Mauboy
Vote Mauboy
Old 06-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #298
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, J23. I was getting a bit bored here, not having another vote change to note.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #299
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, J23. I was getting a bit bored here, not having another vote change to note.

Next time throw "No more than five unvotes per person per day" in the rules.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #300
Danny
Head Coach

If Crimson was playing, we'd be on page 10 by now