Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

WW - The Princess Bride (Game Over - Wolves Win)

I decided to go vanilla WW for this one. I had the other game about ready to go but won't have the time required to run that one. Plus I think we need something a little more vanilla to keep everyone from burning out.

The game will be based on The Princess Bride. I will post more details later (have a meeting about to start with offshore) but it will be a one deadline game (conditionals accepted) with the deadline being at 10 PM EST.

Last edited by EagleFan : 08-02-2011 at 06:13 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rules

Teams

Village - Basic Villagers as in any game of werewolf.

Wolves - Basic Wolves as in any game of werewolf.

Voting

- Votes must be in bold to count.
- The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.
- Roles revealed upon lynching.

Posting

- No quoting from PM's which have been sent by me. If a PM is a response to a question about the game I will also post that response in thread for everyone to see.
- No personal attacks, keep it friendly.
- Once a player is killed (lynched or night killed) they may not post in thread about anything game related.

Deadline

- 10 PM EST Weeknights.
- One deadline for both day and night actions.
- Night actions may be submitted with a conditional but it must be a specific conditional (ex: the wolves can't say "if someone reveals as the seer then kill him"). If there are any questions if the conditional is okay, please ask.
- 10:00 timestamp on a post or PM = valid; 10:01 and later will not be accepted.

Tie Vote

- 1st tie vote will result in a random killing of one of the players that voted for someone other than the players who were tied (example: if I was tied with Lathum for the vote a random player who did not vote for either Lathum or I will be lynched).
- 2nd tie vote will result in multiple random killings. One player who voted for each of the tied players will be lynched (example: if I was tied with Lathum for the vote a random player who voted for me will be lynched and a random player who voted for Lathum will be lynched).
- 3rd tie vote will result in everyone being lynched and I will be declared the winner. Seriously, if you have three votes result in a tie in one game do you really deserve to win?

Win Conditions

- Village wins if they eliminate all wolves.
- Wolves win by eliminating all villagers (once they reach a 1:1 ratio they will lash out and eliminate the remaining villager(s)).

Roles

- The number of players that sign up will determine what roles are used.
- If there are unused roles the wolves will be told of one role that is not in the game.
- Only roles which are published in the roles posting will be in the game, no hidden roles (there may be hidden win conditions).

Items

- Only items described in the item section will be in the game.
- Item abilities will be clearly defined.
- Items may be passed to other players.
- On day one playerrs may select one item. Only one of each will exist. I will use random.org to select which player who requested and item will actually receive it. There is one exception to this rule, the holocaust cloak will start with Miracle Max and he may select one player to give the cloak to by the day 2 deadline.
- To be in the running for an item players must select that item on day one by the deadline. Use the same mechanic as the voting mechanic but use the phrase Select (Item Name). The winner of that item will be selected from the pool of players that selected the item. Miracle Max may select an item as he has to give away the cloak.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Roles

Westley - Villager role. He is equally skilled and intelligent. His ability to beat skill, strength and brains make him a very formidable player. He will have the seer role and may select one person each night to scan. Additionally he may protect himself one time during the game.

Inigo Montoya - Villager role. His skill with the sword has developed over the years as he searched for the 6 fingered man. Revenge shall be his and he can search for the 6 fingered man. He has the duke abilities in this game and may once during the game change the result of the lynch.

Fezzik - Villager role. His strength is second to none. He has the bodyguard role. He may select someone to protect each night. He may self protect. He may not protect the same person on consecutive nights.

Princess Buttercup - Villager role. A vision of beauty, we can only assume. She has a passive role in this game. If she is either lynched or night killed the wolves gain a 50% chance of a random conversion.

Miracle Max - Villager role. Each night he may select a player to attempt to bring back from the dead (protect). If that player happens to be Westley and is night killed that night the kill will be blocked. If that player is any other character and is night killed that night, Max will be killed in his place.

Grandpa - Villager Role. As he tells us this story he may decide if we need to skip ahead in the story. This power will allow him to negate a day. He may submit this action prior to the deadline. After the lynch is announced the game will be interupted by his grandson and he will begin telling the story again. The lynched player will remain alive and no wolf action that night.

Dread Pirate Roberts - Neutral Role. Will have his own win condition.

Vizzini - Wolf Role. Hired by Prince Humperdink to kidnap and kill the princess. He may scan for Inigo, Westley and Fezzik. If found he may steal their ability for a day (but only if they are still alive). He is easiy fooled; though he finds that inconceivable.

Prince Humperdink - Wolf role. Though a coward at heart the prince is the leader of the wolves. He must find the Princess and have her killed. He may scan one player each night to see if that person is the princess.

Count Rugen - Wolf role. This man is ruthless and will kill anyone who gets in his way and is not expecting it. He has the brutal role and will take one defenseles villager to the grave with him when (if) he is lynched.

The Albino - Wolf role. One time during the game he may imprison a player the following day. No matter how that player votes he may change the vote (example: if I am the albino and choose to imprison Lathum for day 2 no matter what Lathum votes I may tell myself to change that vote to another player). It will not be known whose vote was changed when announcing results.

The Clergyman - Wolf role. While it looks like he is bumbling his way through services and seems to not like the Prince, he is truly evil at heart (though few cansee that). He has the cunning role. If scanned he will scan as a villager.

ROUS - Optional Rogue Wolf Role. No PM rights but will have a one time night kill ability. Will not know who the other wolves are but may select a player to sniff to determine if that player is a wolf. One problem is that the cunning will even come back as villager to this scan as well.

Items

Holocaust Cloak - One time use. Will protect the wearer from harm that night (and the next day). If the player submits a request to wear it on day one that player will not be able to be night killed and will not be lynched the next day. If the player is the leading vote getter for lynching that day the second vote getter will be lynched instead. If that causes a tie the tie mechanics will kick in.

Wheelbarrow - One time use. Can be used as part of a ploy to frighten the target. The target will be unable to perform a night action that night or vote the following day. The target may still post and will be informed that the item was used against him.

Iocane Powder - Odorless and tasteless, but one of the deadliest poisons known to man. If the holder of this item is lynched he may challenge one person who voted for him to a battle of wits. The one who drinks poison will be killed. If the original lynch target (the holder of the powder) survives his role/allegiance will still be announced.

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-28-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Signups:

1) Danny - Dread Pirate Roberts/Westley (night four kill)
2) Darth Vilus - vanilla villager (day one lynch)
3) bhlloy - vanilla villager (night one kill)

4) Passacaglia - Prince Humperdink (day two lynch)
5) PackerFanatic - Miracle Max (night two kill)
6) The Jackal - ROUS
7) mauboy1 - vanilla villager (day five lynch)
8) Autumn - Princess Buttercup (day six lynch)
9) Chief Rum - vanilla villager (day three lynch)
10) Lathum - Vizzini
11) Narcizo - Westley / 2nd DPR
12) ntndeacon - vanilla villager (day four lynch)
13) dacman/CrimsonFox - Inigo / 3rd DPR
14) MrBug708 - vanilla villager (night five kill)
15) Telle - Fezzik
16) JAG - Count Rugen

Last edited by EagleFan : 08-02-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

what a TERRIBLE theme!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Danny
Head Coach

In
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm in!

Last edited by Autumn : 07-21-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Reserved for later

+1
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

In. Just don't make it dumb yeah?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rules and roles added. Will add more details tomorrow such as the items which will appear in game (how can there not be a holocaust cloak or wheelbarrow).
Old 07-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
bhlloy
Coordinator

Nice concept, I'm in
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh sure. now that you have a theme, I look like a taunting jerk.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #13
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

How can Vizzini not be the cunning?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #14
Passacaglia
Coordinator

A Princess Bride Werewolf game? Inconceivable!!

I'm in. I might not have the best access throughout the game, and am unlikely to be around at deadline, but I have to be in with this theme. I want to a a rodent of unusual size.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #15
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Q: Can villagers with a role be converted, or just villagers with no role?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #16
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

In.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

+1
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #18
The Jackal
Coordinator

I love this movie, so I guess you can count me in. But if you make me a wolf, I'm gonna Fezzik you.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in! Inconceivable!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #20
Autumn
Head Coach

Love the rule set. As you can see, I was in from the start.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thought about it, but he was the ring leader and obviously a "bad guy". Went with another great but very minor character who you really don't see as good or bad in the movie and made him the unexpected bad guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Q: Can villagers with a role be converted, or just villagers with no role?

It will be non-roled villager being converted randomly.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #22
The Jackal
Coordinator

Mawwage, Mawwage is what bwings us toogeder, tooday. That bwessed awwangement. That dweam wifin ah dweam.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added the ROUS, was trying to come up with a way to incorporate it. Using it as a rogue wolf with a couple abilities. This is an optional role and will only be used if the number of players seems about right.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Mawwage, Mawwage is what bwings us toogeder, tooday. That bwessed awwangement. That dweam wifin ah dweam.

Love that scene. My oldest daughter loves this movie and every time she sees it she ends up repeating that line for a while (randomly out of the blue).
Old 07-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #25
The Jackal
Coordinator

Maybe a quicksand item that the wolves start with and can render a player unable to speak for one day phase?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #26
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, doesn't have to be a wolf item. Could be anyone!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added a couple items (the previously mentioned ones). Will be adding more details about items sometime tonight. Will be working very late tonight with more meetings from hell so it will be late, probably near midnight.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #28
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well the wheelbarrow covered that. Nice looking ruleset.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #29
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The book was better.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #30
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
The book was better.

I still haven't read it, I definitely need to.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #31
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I still haven't read it, I definitely need to.
It has all the funny/sweet points of the movie (William Goldman wrote both) but with a whole other layer of satire on top of it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #32
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I still shouldn't be playing WW with my current job commitments taking me away, but I can't pass on a Princess Bride themed game.

Count me in.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
oh sure. now that you have a theme, I look like a taunting jerk.

Editing of that is allowed if you want to 'clear your name'.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #35
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

In if starting at the week-end/next week.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Looking to start it next week. Wait a day or so to see how many players and will decide from there. Hopefully we get a good list and kick it off on Monday.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #37
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Added another item and an additional update in the rules for items (how they will be given out).

Feel free to ask if there are any rules that you want clarified. More than willing to address any questions now to cut down on confusion after the game starts.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #38
Autumn
Head Coach

What, but then the wolves can't feign confusion about the rules!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #39
The Jackal
Coordinator

Iocane powder, awesome addition and mechanic.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #40
Danny
Head Coach

If I get the powder as a villager, I am going to reveal as a wolf day 1 just so I get the opportunity to use it before being night killed.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #41
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I still shouldn't be playing WW with my current job commitments taking me away, but I can't pass on a Princess Bride themed game.

Count me in.

Sadly, I will be unable to play this game. Get used to disappointment
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #42
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #43
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Cunning or whatever, but Vizzini has to be in the game. I mean, maybe you have a secret role for him or something, and that's fine. I mean, I'll play either way, but you just can't have a Princess Bride game without Vizzini!
Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #44
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #45
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 07-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #46
Autumn
Head Coach

Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #47
The Jackal
Coordinator

Old 07-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Cunning or whatever, but Vizzini has to be in the game. I mean, maybe you have a secret role for him or something, and that's fine. I mean, I'll play either way, but you just can't have a Princess Bride game without Vizzini!

Oh crap, just saw I didn't list him. In my mind he has been there the whole time.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #49
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Oh crap, just saw I didn't list him. In my mind he has been there the whole time.

Hurry up!! Move the thing! And that other thing!