Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Evil Dead STUDY Thread -- DO NOT ENTER (unless told to, then come on in)

You are in the little side room off the main cabin room called the STUDY. A desk with many books and papers is there as well as a reel-to-reel tape recorder. A desk lamp hangs over. Nearby is a doorway to the kitchen. In it you can see a simple stove and refrigerator and plenty of cabinets.

You can INVESTIGATE the STUDY (and adjoining kitchen) or go through a closed door to the main CABIN front room.

Around you you see echoes of the past, like movies playing out around you of others. It is eerie and they open in pockets in various places. You can hear their conversations, but the sound is very distorted. Are these ghosts? Or just images of the past.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-15-2011 at 01:50 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IMPORTANT! If my PM box gets clogged, email me at [email protected]. I will be monitoring that too.

Good:Most characters are good. You have traveled to a remote cabin in some dark woods for your own reasons, some are with friends, some are alone. All are unsuspecting.

Evil:Evil wins when they achieve a 1:1 ratio of good-evil.

Win Conditions:

Good wins when they eliminate all evil characters in the game.

Voting:
Each day you will vote for a player. The format should be as normal: vote crimson Fox
To unvote a player and vote someone else:
unvote crimson fox
vote someoneelse

Deadline:
Day Action Deadline is 9 PM EST/6 PM PST
Night Deadline is 10 PM EST/7 PM PST
Lynch (End of Day Cycle):Ties equal no lynch. Nolynch is also a voting option.

Basic Game Rules:
1. No editing posts.
2. No discussing game with outside people. Check with me if you are confused about being out of the game before posting in other outside threads.
3. The deadites will eat you. Every bit of you, except maybe your blood. They like exploding that all over the walls.
4. Don't die.
5. Protect your blood. Make sure it stays inside you.
6. Conditional orders are allowed to make sure you don't perform an action on someone who has died so give multiple names just in case.
7. Do not direct quote anyone from PM or another thread. You may say things from the other thread but the source must be gone. NEVER direct quote a PM.

Unique things to this game:
Rooms:
There are a number of locations in this game. Each represented by a thread. You may only read a room/thread that you are in. You may not read a different thread unless you are told to. This thread is considered the STUDY (and kitchen) of the cabin.

Descriptions:
Pay attention to room descriptions. They tell you where you can go and look.

Investigation:
Investigation acts like both moving and searching. It works like voting. You will be given options as to where you can investigate.
Format:
INVESTIGATE CLOSET
This will take you into the "closet" thread. You will also be told privately whether you find anything in the closet. Only one person will get the object if multiple people look there.
You may choose to INVESTIGATE a room you are already in and thus not move to another room but search for things.
INVESTIGATIONS are due by Lynch time.

Items:
There are objects in this game. You may find them by investigating an area. Once you have them, you may pass them or hold onto them. Other things may happen. To pass them, you PM me as a night action. Items may end up back in a room.

Items and Ability:You might not be able to use an item you find. There are two main types: weapons and spells. You will be told at the game's beginning which type you can use. (One or the other).

Results:

You will only know certain results when you see them, meaning are in the same room to see them. If someone dies and they aren't with you, you won't know what they are until you go to their location (but it will be obvious). If you find a dead someone in a room through investigation and they have an object, you can get their object.

Time:
Although we are still using day/night cycle, this all takes place in one night.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-15-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Victims
Victim #1: Darth Vilus
Victim #2: Autumn
Victim #3: Chief Rum
Victim #4: Danny
Victim #5: Zinto
Victim #6: J23
Victim #7: Narcizo
Victim #8: bhlloy
Victim #9: MrBug - Dead. Human
Victim #10: ntndeacon
Victim #11: dzilla77
Victim #12: mckerney
Victim #13: dubb
Victim #14: The Jackal
Victim #15: mauboy
Victim #16: Commo_Soldier - Dead. Human, Annie: The Professor's daughter
Victim #17: tyketime

This list may be updated during the game, but not necessarily with deaths from every thread. You are free to make your own assumptions and discoveries and post your own lists as you wish.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-23-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 AM   #4
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Wayhey! A deserted cabin out in a spooky looking woods. My idea of partytime. Where's the beer?

Investigate the Study Well, mainly the kitchen. For beer.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

With us all split into 4 I think that after the obligatory day one area investigation we should try to get everyone assembled in the main cabin. For why? Because we're sitting ducks for any hypothetical anythings that might want to kill us if we're split up. As we can assume they can co-ordinate their efforts better than us who will be running around like headless chickens.

If that assumption is right then I think there might only be 3 potential naughty beings who might want to harm us as co-ordination gives them a huge advantage. But four looks like it might be on the cards with 4 different areas.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #6
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

But, yeah! Beer.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 AM   #7
Danny
Head Coach

Investigate study
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Hooray! Danny's here. All is saved. Unless he's a baddy. In which case we're doomed.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

the study looks less nice than this. No fireplace in here but in the other room. The chairs are simple chairs but there sure are a lot of books.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-20-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You have come to this cabin for your own reasons. It is a nice midday afternoon. There are other people here with you. You didn't expect that. WHo are they? You get an odd feeling. And you feel as if you should vote for someone in this room today.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #11
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Narcizo - I would tend to agree we will have more safety with numbers. The unknown at this point will be the objects we may find, and how they will be utilized. I actually came into the study to look for a book...

Investigate Study
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*Post your VOTE and INVESTIGATE in this thread only*

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Not going to be around much/at all today - boss is leaving so alcohol is going to be consumed in moderate amounts (this being Sweden). So I'll have to throw a vote out there.

Vote ntndeacon

No reason at all. Apart from the usual of culling the UTR guys early.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Well this will certainly be interesting. Since we are only allowed to view the thread we are in, presumably we don't know how the votes are going overall. Which gives Team Evil even more of an advantage. Perhaps another reason for us to congregate together.

And unless the person we are voting is in the same room, we won't get as much info as we normally would with rebuttals, counter-arguments, etc.

Hmmm...
Old 09-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #15
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Not going to be around much/at all today - boss is leaving so alcohol is going to be consumed in moderate amounts (this being Sweden). So I'll have to throw a vote out there.

Vote ntndeacon

No reason at all. Apart from the usual of culling the UTR guys early.

So before the alcohol flows too freely, I see your reason for voting ntndeacon. But unless he is in the Study with us, and based on my observation above, do you consider your day one vote to be almost throwaway?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #16
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I actually came into the study to look for a book...

Interesting. If a bit likely to get you killed by any hypothetical bad guys out there.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #17
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So before the alcohol flows too freely, I see your reason for voting ntndeacon. But unless he is in the Study with us, and based on my observation above, do you consider your day one vote to be almost throwaway?

Not really. Who am I going to vote for in this thread - Danny or you? I'm not going to vote Danny day one and you've posted more than ntn is likely to all game after day one.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #18
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Not really. Who am I going to vote for in this thread - Danny or you? I'm not going to vote Danny day one and you've posted more than ntn is likely to all game after day one.
I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around this mechanic. It's a new one for me. My limited experience for Day One votes are usually to throw something out there and see if it sticks or not. Since we are in different rooms, we may not even have that going for us. I don't suggest we only vote for who is in the room with us. But since you threw a vote out there, I thought I would ask...
Old 09-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #19
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Interesting. If a bit likely to get you killed by any hypothetical bad guys out there.
Well shame on me. I thought I would be cute and add some flavor to the text, but I can see this as easily misconstrued...
Old 09-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #20
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Fair enough. Definitely think/agree that it's a mechanic that favours the bad guys if they can organise the votes. The only similar thing I've seen is on day two of the Cube game - but at least that was only two threads. I'm tempted to go straight for the main cabin because I think that that's the strongest villager play but I figure everyone else is going to search on day one so I might as well do the same thing.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #21
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway, can you hear that? There ... in the distance?

Tequila! Tequila!

Time to go. See "everyone" tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #22
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Anyway, can you hear that? There ... in the distance?

Tequila! Tequila!

Time to go. See "everyone" tomorrow.
Enjoy! I am certainly jealous...
Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #23
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Fair enough. Definitely think/agree that it's a mechanic that favours the bad guys if they can organise the votes. The only similar thing I've seen is on day two of the Cube game - but at least that was only two threads. I'm tempted to go straight for the main cabin because I think that that's the strongest villager play but I figure everyone else is going to search on day one so I might as well do the same thing.
In reading over the rules again, it states that only one person in a room will get the object. CF didn't specifically mention if it was the first one or not. So I'm not opposed to playing out our Day One scenario in the Study to learn about the Investigate mechanic. But then I'm more than likely headed to the Main room so we can have a chance to get our bearings and organize our fight against the evil ones.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #24
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey folks! I see I missed Narc's party. Oh well...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #25
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Chief! I thought that was you over by the Tape Recorder. What are you doing here at the cabin?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #26
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You look around at the other partying people in the *ahem* party study. Hopefully the owners of the cabin won't walk in on you when you get too hammered and clothes start flying. You don't know each other's names so you call yourselves

Chief Rum, tyketime, Danny, and Narcizo

Something doesn't feel right thought. So you must vote for one of them
Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief! I thought that was you over by the Tape Recorder. What are you doing here at the cabin?

I am here to meet up with the Professor who owns this cabin. But I haven't found him yet, and no one has heard from him for a while.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #28
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Pardon....three partiers and BOOK-reader tyketime.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #29
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Pardon....three partiers and BOOK-reader tyketime.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Rereading the rules is a good idea. I have made a couple minor alterations so just make yourself clear on things.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #31
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You look around at the other partying people in the *ahem* party study. Hopefully the owners of the cabin won't walk in on you when you get too hammered and clothes start flying. You don't know each other's names so you call yourselves

Oh boy... this was a question I had, and now I fear the answer. If the spirits can hear, make the lights blink once for yes, and twice for no. Are you saying we can only vote for people in the room with us?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You have come to this cabin for your own reasons. It is a nice midday afternoon. There are other people here with you. You didn't expect that. WHo are they? You get an odd feeling. And you feel as if you should vote for someone in this room today.

Quote:

The windows blow open from the wind, causing a light to blow over and flicker once and knock tyketime in the head, causing him to fall over a chair and hit his face on the ground. He gets a splinter in his eye.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #33
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
OK - rereading has given me this clue (sorry boss... I missed this little change). We need to vote for someone in this room.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #34
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Hmmm, ok. While this makes it a bit more interesting, I'm a little worried about the two empty tequila bottles next to Narcizo. With a clearer understanding of the directions, my thoughts are as follows:

1. Narcizo - Well, before you started drinking, we had a good exchange. I felt pretty good about it, until the clarification that we can only vote for players in our room. It got me thinking back to a couple comments you made:

Quote:
As we can assume they can co-ordinate their efforts better than us who will be running around like headless chickens.

Quote:
Definitely think/agree that it's a mechanic that favours the bad guys if they can organise the votes.

So maybe it's just semantics, but an oh so subtle change from the typical thought process that the bad guys can communicate and coordinate to "if they can organize". Perhaps it's nothing...

2. Danny did a quick hit and run. One post so far. Little to go on.

3. Chief Rum was the last to introduce himself, so again at this point very little to go on.

In other words, the usual Day One dilemma but with a much smaller group to pick from.

I'll go ahead and put a vote out there, purely based on current contribution level in the Study. It is certainly subject to change. Hopefully this will initiate some additional dialogue between the four of us.

VOTE Danny
Old 09-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #35
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Just one more thought for now, and then I will wait for others to chime in. Now that I think about the voting restriction a little further, it may not be in our best interest to all move into the same room together. Assuming Narcizo is correct, and there are 3-4 Evil Ones, and further assuming they are spread out across the various rooms, there is less of a chance for them to coordinate a specific vote.

If we all agree to move into the Main room of the cabin, then while our numbers overall are higher, it also gives them a better chance to influence the outcome.

What do you think?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #36
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Study: Danny, Narcizo, tyketime

Vote:
Danny (1) - tyketime (34)
Yet to vote: Chief Rum, Narcizo, Danny
Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #37
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The light in the room suddenly dims. You look outside and the sunshine that was there is no more. Thick dark clouds are overhead have doused out the sun. Luckily the electricity works, the bulbs casting shadows on the wall and on the books.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #38
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just one more thought for now, and then I will wait for others to chime in. Now that I think about the voting restriction a little further, it may not be in our best interest to all move into the same room together. Assuming Narcizo is correct, and there are 3-4 Evil Ones, and further assuming they are spread out across the various rooms, there is less of a chance for them to coordinate a specific vote.

If we all agree to move into the Main room of the cabin, then while our numbers overall are higher, it also gives them a better chance to influence the outcome.

What do you think?

Hmm, yes and no. If we group them together in one room, yes, they would have a better chance to influence things. But it's as likely if not more likely to give us more good guys in one area, too. I view it as a wash, especially if the bad guys are already in communication with one another.

My concern is more with the possibility that they are not able to communicate right now and us all moving to one room will make it so they can.

Incidentally, if we presume that every group is having a similar Day One voting situation, I find it unlikely that all Day One final lynches in the four areas will be killed today. I would guess those four will be the field from which the actual lynchee is selected.

So even if we vote someone here, it seems unlikely they'll be the one to be lynched.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #39
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmmm, ok. While this makes it a bit more interesting, I'm a little worried about the two empty tequila bottles next to Narcizo. With a clearer understanding of the directions, my thoughts are as follows:

1. Narcizo - Well, before you started drinking, we had a good exchange. I felt pretty good about it, until the clarification that we can only vote for players in our room. It got me thinking back to a couple comments you made:

So maybe it's just semantics, but an oh so subtle change from the typical thought process that the bad guys can communicate and coordinate to "if they can organize". Perhaps it's nothing...

2. Danny did a quick hit and run. One post so far. Little to go on.

3. Chief Rum was the last to introduce himself, so again at this point very little to go on.

In other words, the usual Day One dilemma but with a much smaller group to pick from.

I'll go ahead and put a vote out there, purely based on current contribution level in the Study. It is certainly subject to change. Hopefully this will initiate some additional dialogue between the four of us.

VOTE Danny

My "hit and run" was just checking in briefly before I went to sleep.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
My "hit and run" was just checking in briefly before I went to sleep.

EVIL!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #41
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have to head over to my second job. I still don't think the lynchee will be our guy here, or it's certainly unlikely.

Danny's as good as the rest, at this point.

VOTE DANNY

Old 09-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #42
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
EVIL!!!

Are you suggesting that sleeping during the day & waking at night is characteristic of Evil? It does sound familiar...
Old 09-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #43
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

INVESTIGATIONS:

Vote:
Danny (2) - tyketime (34), Chief Rum (41)
Yet to vote: Narcizo, Danny
Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #44
Danny
Head Coach

Sure, doesn't hurt that much as I am vanilla.

Vote Danny
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #45
Danny
Head Coach

And since tyketime probably doesn't know, Narc's play schedule is such where he will not be back before deadline, so there's little point in trying to fight the lynch.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #46
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

deadline
Old 09-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #47
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

INVESTIGATIONS:

Vote:
Danny (3) - tyketime (34), Chief Rum (41)
Danny (44)
Yet to vote: Narcizo
Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #48
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are liking the party and reading but decide that Danny is a killjoy and you don't want him here. Danny cries and begs cause it's his party and he'll cry if he want to but the others won't have it. They send him off. He starts to leave, then sees the tape recorder. Hoping there is some funky music on it to make the others dig his hipness he turns it on. The others point out and Danny is sent away dejected.

The Tape recorder plays. It squeaks for a moment, then the voice of an older scholarly gentleman speaks....
Old 09-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #49
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This is Professor Raymond Knowby dept of Ancient History, log entry number 2. I believe I have made a significant find at Castle Kantok, having journeyed there with my wife Henrietta, my daughter Annie and Associate Professor Ed Getz. Noturum Demonta, The Book of the Dead. My wife and I brought the book to this cabin where I could study it undisturbed. It was here that I began the translation. The book speaks of spiritual prescence, a thing of evil that roams the forests in the dark bowers of man’s domain. It is through the recitation of these passages that this dark spirit is given license to possess the living. Included here are the phonetic pronunciations of those passages.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #50
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Kanda...Es-trata...Ta-toon...Hazan

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-14-2011 at 08:28 PM.