Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Evil Dead WOODS Thread -- DO NOT ENTER (unless told to, then come on in)

You are in the deep dark woods threes of various types surround you. They actually look kinda scary. Above the sky is gone, the leaves and branches seem to intentiontally sway to block out light.

There are various puddles around. A muddy road cuts through here connecting the cabin to the bridge. There is an eerie whistling about.

The woods end almost right at a cliff.

From the Woods you may go on to the YARD of the cabin.

That's funny, remember that TRAIL that was there before? Well, it ain't there no more. Like the woods just swallowed 'er up.
And the road...well the bridge is a mangled piece of mangled molten metal. And it's a long way down.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-19-2011 at 03:46 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

IMPORTANT! If my PM box gets clogged, email me at [email protected]. I will be monitoring that too.

Good:Most characters are good. You have traveled to a remote cabin in some dark woods for your own reasons, some are with friends, some are alone. All are unsuspecting.

Evil:Evil wins when they achieve a 1:1 ratio of good-evil.

Win Conditions:

Good wins when they eliminate all evil characters in the game.

Voting:
Each day you will vote for a player. The format should be as normal: vote crimson Fox
To unvote a player and vote someone else:
unvote crimson fox
vote someoneelse

Deadline:
Day Action Deadline is 9 PM EST/6 PM PST
Night Deadline is 10 PM EST/7 PM PST
Lynch (End of Day Cycle):Ties equal no lynch. Nolynch is also a voting option.

Basic Game Rules:
1. No editing posts.
2. No discussing game with outside people. Check with me if you are confused about being out of the game before posting in other outside threads.
3. The deadites will eat you. Every bit of you, except maybe your blood. They like exploding that all over the walls.
4. Don't die.
5. Protect your blood. Make sure it stays inside you.
6. Conditional orders are allowed to make sure you don't perform an action on someone who has died so give multiple names just in case.
7. Do not direct quote anyone from PM or another thread. You may say things from the other thread but the source must be gone. NEVER direct quote a PM.

Unique things to this game:

Rooms:
There are a number of locations in this game. Each represented by a thread. You may only read a room/thread that you are in. You may not read a different thread unless you are told to. This thread is considered the TRAIL.

Descriptions:
Pay attention to room descriptions. They tell you where you can go and look.

Investigation:
Investigation acts like both moving and searching. It works like voting. You will be given options as to where you can investigate.
Format:
INVESTIGATE CLOSET
This will take you into the "closet" thread. You will also be told privately whether you find anything in the closet. Only one person will get the object if multiple people look there.
You may choose to INVESTIGATE a room you are already in and thus not move to another room but search for things.
INVESTIGATIONS are due by Lynch time.

Items:
There are objects in this game. You may find them by investigating an area. Once you have them, you may pass them or hold onto them. Other things may happen. To pass them, you PM me as a night action. Items may end up back in a room.

Items and Ability: You might not be able to use an item you find. There are two main types: weapons and spells. You will be told at the game's beginning which type you can use. (One or the other).

Results:

You will only know certain results when you see them, meaning are in the same room to see them. If someone dies and they aren't with you, you won't know what they are until you go to their location (but it will be obvious). If you find a dead someone in a room through investigation and they have an object, you can get their object.

Time:
Although we are still using day/night cycle, this all takes place in one night.

Victims
Victim #1: Darth Vilus - Dead...and his car is wrecked a bit. Human
Victim #2: Autumn
Victim #3: Chief Rum
Victim #4: Danny
Victim #5: Zinto
Victim #6: J23
Victim #7: Narcizo
Victim #8: bhlloy
Victim #9: MrBug
Victim #10: ntndeacon
Victim #11: dzilla77
Victim #12: mckerney
Victim #13: dubb
Victim #14: The Jackal
Victim #15: mauboy
Victim #16: Commo_Soldier
Victim #17: tyketime

This list may be updated during the game, but not necessarily with info from other threads. You are free to make your own assumptions and discoveries and post your own lists as you wish.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-16-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Mr Bug and Jackal arrive driving through the woods. They come upon dubb and Darth Vilus.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are overwhelmed and bowled over by an incredible force which breaks through the trees overhead and zooms off. Across from you, you see faces appear. Some you have seen before. They are in locations around here. You dislike this. You want to vote one of them out. You think there is something bad going on. Very very bad. The darkness increases.

Vote for anyone in the game.
You may still investigate.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

So Bug and Jackal where did you guys come from and anything interesting happen?

DV and I came from the trail. We had 5. I voted for DV bc he had the idea we should all gang up on someone random from another thread. Turns out we had to vote in thread and DV ended up saying he was just thinking aloud. To be honest we didn't have much go on but I wasnt going to vote no lynch.

Mauboy ended up suggesting we no vote no lynch about an hour or two to deadline(really hard without being able to look back). At that point DV and another player(name slips my mind) followed him. Our voted ended up 1-1-3 with the 3 in favor of no vote.

The other three players choose to head on down the trail while I choose to hit the woods. DV originally was headed down the trail but towards the deadline decided to follow me in the woods. He never really explained why.

Why did you change your mind DV? Of all people I'm suprised you decided to follow me since I was your lone vote yesterday.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Put a do not enter on the main cabin thread please. I clicked in there long enough to see your post about the location and realized it was no longer the main thread for the game. I'm going to assume it has become a location thread and should probably have a do not enter tag like the rest of the locations.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
The Jackal
Coordinator

Nothing very interesting happened in the road thread. We ended up voting 3 (NTN) - 1 (bug) - 1 (me) also, but NTN just ran off across the bridge and disappeared. We had discussed the idea of no lynch and whether or not someone would be lynched from each thread or the overall top vote recipient, but it was a pretty tame day as far as conversation goes.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

[quote=The Jackal;2528569]Nothing very interesting happened in the road thread. We ended up voting 3 (NTN) - 1 (bug) - 1 (me) also, but NTN just ran off across the bridge and disappeared.[quote]

Interesting. Any clue why he did that?

Quote:
We had discussed the idea of no lynch and whether or not someone would be lynched from each thread or the overall top vote recipient, but it was a pretty tame day as far as conversation goes.

We had discussed the vote as well. People seemed concerned that their would be a lynch and night kill from each thread. I tried to dispell those rumors on the grounds that it would make a short game.

I was pretty confident that the top vote getter for the day would be the night kill regardless of thread. I guess if NTN wasn't killed do we assume that someone got 4 votes in another thread? Or he also said that a tie=no lynch. I guess we could assume someone else had 3 votes.

I was very against a no lynch on the grounds that I have never been in a game where a no lynch was in the best interest of the village. On our way away from the trail the wind mocked our decision. I am going to assume that referred to the no lynch and that it somehow did something not in our best interests behind the scenes.

Was Bug with you or did he come from elsewhere?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #9
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Nevermind I see you said bug got a vote. Also broken quote tags. Blah.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Tons of questions

Why NtN? Did he do something? Random? Was he just being really UTR? Were people afraid in a multi-thread game he could slip UTR?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
The Jackal
Coordinator

I argued the same thing as you, that I found it very unlikely that we'd lose one person from each thread because that'd make it a short game.

NTN voted for me early because of my signature and said he'd likely move the vote later. I voted him fairly late in the day after he never did move it or offer anything else to the conversation, since I had nothing to go on except his vote for me, and bug threw a late vote on him after that, so yes he was at the road with me.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #12
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
You are overwhelmed and bowled over by an incredible force which breaks through the trees overhead and zooms off. Across from you, you see faces appear. Some you have seen before. They are in locations around here. You dislike this. You want to vote one of them out. You think there is something bad going on. Very very bad. The darkness increases.

Vote for anyone in the game.
You may still investigate.

Just curious but do you guys take this as we can't vote for anyone who is already here? Vote for anyone in the game would imply that we could vote for ANYONE, including the other people who are here. Am I reading that wrong?

Clearly each area is going to have its own voting rules.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think it's saying we're allowed to vote for anyone, including people here, though we'll probably end up voting for someone elsewhere unless somebody here raises suspicion.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #14
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I think it's saying we're allowed to vote for anyone, including people here, though we'll probably end up voting for someone elsewhere unless somebody here raises suspicion.

IMO a vote for someone here is a throw-away. There are only 4 of us here. I can't imagine that with even the full three votes to one that it will end in a lynch for someone here.

It looks like we have two suspects.

NtN for going against his word yesterday and not taking his vote off of you.

Mauboy for leading the no lynch votes yesterday in our thread. To be fair Mau didn't actively petition it. He simply voted no vote and within 10 minutes DV and (?)--not real sure who it was-- had followed along.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #15
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't know if NTN simply didn't just come back to check the thread, or if I was a convenient spot for a D1 vote for a wolf. When he ran off CF described him as looking strange, crazy hair and crooked teeth. I don't think he was trying to relay us any specific information, just that he kind of looked like a backwoods hick.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think the description of ntn lead me to believe he was a wolf of some sort, but can't recall 100% the description.

This is sort of feeling like a group choose your own adventure
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if NTN simply didn't just come back to check the thread, or if I was a convenient spot for a D1 vote for a wolf. When he ran off CF described him as looking strange, crazy hair and crooked teeth. I don't think he was trying to relay us any specific information, just that he kind of looked like a backwoods hick.

Hmmm...deadites did have crazy hair and crooked teeth. And looked very strange. I can link a picture if anyone hasn't seen one.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
The Jackal
Coordinator

I've only seen Army of Darkness (ashamed to admit it since I love that movie and bruce campbell but haven't gotten around to seeing the evil dead ones yet)
Old 09-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think though, that's plenty of a reason for me.

VOTE NTN
Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #20
The Jackal
Coordinator

As far as my action for today, I'm going straight into the danger zone.

INVESTIGATE YARD
Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Put a do not enter on the main cabin thread please. I clicked in there long enough to see your post about the location and realized it was no longer the main thread for the game. I'm going to assume it has become a location thread and should probably have a do not enter tag like the rest of the locations.

Is this the case, CF? Should we be steering clear of that thread for now?
Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #22
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to trust you guys here on your assessment of what was said about NtN. If those were really the words then I believe he is a Deadite.

Vote NtN
Old 09-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #23
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DV, you remember where "down the trail" was? That is where I would like to go next to see what the other 3 that started with us had to say about us once we left. IMO that is the best move, for me atleast, going forward. Follow those guys and see if anyone slipped up.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #24
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

As your PM said, you should be in this thread and no other. But I have now put a DO NOT ENTER on the main thread. Thanks dubb.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
As your PM said, you should be in this thread and no other. But I have now put a DO NOT ENTER on the main thread. Thanks dubb.

To be completely honest I was looking for a player list since there isn't one in this thread. I figured I would catch up on anything I missed before I looked at it though. And then I ran into the RP post.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #26
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

From the direction of the road you hear screaming and a the sound of twisted metal over the howling of some fierce wind.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #27
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
To be completely honest I was looking for a player list since there isn't one in this thread. I figured I would catch up on anything I missed before I looked at it though. And then I ran into the RP post.

Yeah I just caught that and put the player list and rules here up top. Enjoy it. It's just for you! Sorry bout that. The dead made an oopsie
Old 09-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #28
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The screaming is getting closer and sounds like it's overhead as well.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #29
The Jackal
Coordinator

*sticks his fingers in his ears*
Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
MrBug708
Head Coach

*hugs the random blond he found in the Woods, obviously not part of the story but still a sight for sore eyes*
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A body flies through the air overhead. A screaming body encased in fog around it. Some of you recognize it. It soars overhead and runs into a tree. The body falls splash in a puddle a ways away. It is still moving.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #32
Autumn
Head Coach

Helloooooooooooooooo Woods!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #33
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, I just flew in from the Road, and boy are my arms tired.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #34
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, hello Autumn. So I relayed the description CF gave us about NTN (the crazy hair, crooked teeth) and dubb says that sounds exactly like what deadites look like, so we're gonna try and take him out.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Note the new rule 7. Do not direct quote anyone from another thread or PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #36
Autumn
Head Coach

Everybody left me back there, and ti was spooky. Luckily a nice horrifying face in the sky brought me here.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
Autumn
Head Coach

Do we think he's still in the game?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #38
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Do we think he's still in the game?

I see no reason not to - we didn't see him die, just run away.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #39
Autumn
Head Coach

I would like to point out that I was all alone on the Road today, and yet the thread count is almost the longest one in the game.

*slow clap for me*
Old 09-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #40
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I see no reason not to - we didn't see him die, just run away.

But maybe that's how lynch victims "die" in this game. I just assumed it was a bit of flavor. But maybe yo'ure right, I didn't realize the description matched anything. And it would make sense if the groups had to work together to get a lynch done.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #41
The Jackal
Coordinator

Impressive. DV hasn't said anything, so we can blame him for this thread being short.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #42
Autumn
Head Coach

CF, do I still make a vote and investigation move in this thread now?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #43
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
But maybe that's how lynch victims "die" in this game. I just assumed it was a bit of flavor. But maybe yo'ure right, I didn't realize the description matched anything. And it would make sense if the groups had to work together to get a lynch done.

I would've thought the original list would be updated if someone was removed from the game, but you're right in that I have no definitive evidence he's gone. The people from dubb/DV's thread ended up voting no lynch, so there's a chance NTN was the leading vote candidate, though he would've been tied with no lynch.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #44
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Autumn, You can do what you want in this thread. I will still count your previous one if you don't change them to something new.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 09-15-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #45
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

How the hell did Autumn get here?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #46
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Would be unbelievably fishy if Autumn chooses not to make his vote public to us.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #47
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I would've thought the original list would be updated if someone was removed from the game, but you're right in that I have no definitive evidence he's gone. The people from dubb/DV's thread ended up voting no lynch, so there's a chance NTN was the leading vote candidate, though he would've been tied with no lynch.

I think CF made clear that we're not really going to know what's happened to other people in the game. I don't expect the list to get updated. I think part of it is not knowing if people are simply somewhere else, or dead.

So we should keep good track. You, Bug and I are here from the Road. Zinto went to the Trail. NTN fled/died/who knows.

So no one was in this location yesterday? Did anyone discover anything on there way here? If not someone should investigate here. I stayed in the Road because I wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything there, and I indeed did find something. We should make sure that every location gets investigated.

Dubb, where did the others from your location go last night?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #48
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Dubb, where did the others from your location go last night?

You assume I keep records. I have no clue. I asked DV above. All I know is they "followed the trail." That was how it was worded in the write-up. Ofcourse after trail it said "to [blank]". I just really wish I knew where the hell blank was.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #49
Autumn
Head Coach

Dubb, so far my vote is on Mr. Bug. I was alone in the thread and so just voted the same person I voted yesterday, figuring at least I knew he was still alive.

I don't really know why I'm here. I chose to investigate the woods next, and that seemed to send me leaping ahead. Maybe CF felt bad, or wanted me to stop clogging up his thread talking to myself.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #50
The Jackal
Coordinator

Not voting for NTN would be a bit curious at this point, unless you think you have some info from a thread that no one else was in.