Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #51
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
You assume I keep records. I have no clue. I asked DV above. All I know is they "followed the trail." That was how it was worded in the write-up. Ofcourse after trail it said "to [blank]". I just really wish I knew where the hell blank was.

I beliee the Trail was described as a roundabout way to the Cabin. From the Road we crossed a bridge to the woods towards the cabin. The trail was described as another way to the Cabin.

So I think the others should have arrived at the Cabin, possibly the Yard. Were those your own two options: The Woods or The Trail to the Cabin?

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #52
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Why were you still in the road? You choose to stay there the day before?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #53
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm headed to the cabin because that seems like the most fun. And because I like saying danger zone.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #54
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I beliee the Trail was described as a roundabout way to the Cabin. From the Road we crossed a bridge to the woods towards the cabin. The trail was described as another way to the Cabin.

So I think the others should have arrived at the Cabin, possibly the Yard. Were those your own two options: The Woods or The Trail to the Cabin?

They most certainly didn't go to the cabin. That much I know.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #55
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I would have remembered cabin.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM   #56
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Christ this is pathetic.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 PM   #57
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Not voting for NTN would be a bit curious at this point, unless you think you have some info from a thread that no one else was in.

Why would that be curious? It's just like any day one vote really, or day two. Personally I believe NTN is out of the game, so I'm not sure piling on him is any better than a no lynch. If he's in the game, and if the description reveals him as a bad guy, that would be kind of odd. Do you guys think that's most likely, that if a bad guy gets the most votes he is revealed and runs off, presumably to some other thread?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #58
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Why were you still in the road? You choose to stay there the day before?

Yes we had the choice of the trail, the woods, or stay on the road. NTN and I decided to stay. I wanted to make sure somebody investigated it before we left. AS I say, I think we should do the same here.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #59
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I would have remembered cabin.

Was it Yard? It looks from the thread titles like the Yard is the first area of the cabin, I presume.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #60
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Was it Yard? It looks from the thread titles like the Yard is the first area of the cabin, I presume.

That's probably it. I really can't say for 100% sure. I would like to head to whereever it was next. DV needs to come in here and clarify.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #61
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, if you think NTN is dead that's your own decision, I'm skeptical of it at this point. Though there's probably going to be people dying and coming back from the dead all the time so who knows. I just know that voting for him is better than a random vote in my eyes at this point.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #62
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
That's probably it. I really can't say for 100% sure. I would like to head to whereever it was next. DV needs to come in here and clarify.

Did anyone remain behind from your group?

You guys were on the trail, right? Or do I have that wrong?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #63
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yes, Autumn

Quote:
DV and I came from the trail.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #64
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, if you think NTN is dead that's your own decision, I'm skeptical of it at this point. Though there's probably going to be people dying and coming back from the dead all the time so who knows. I just know that voting for him is better than a random vote in my eyes at this point.

I guess it's possible that people become evil dead after being lynched or something? I don't know much of anything about the soruce material so I'm not sure what to expect. I just kind of figure he's gone, unless we run into him in another room. If we do we should definitely lynch him, but I'm afraid it's a wasted vote if we just lynch a dead guy.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #65
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Did anyone remain behind from your group?

No
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #66
Autumn
Head Coach

Day One

Trail - Darth Vilus, Dubb, Mauboy, ?, ?

Road - Autumn, The Jackal, Zinto, NTNdeacon, MrBug708

Woods -

Cabin -

Day Two

Trail -

Road - Autumn (later gone to Woods)

Woods - The Jackal, MrBug, Dubb, Darth Vilus (later Autumn)

Cabin -

Yard -

Study -

Trail leads to Woods or Cabin

Road leads to Trail or Woods

Woods leads to Trail, Road or Cabin
Old 09-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #67
Autumn
Head Coach

So presumably from the Cabin you can go to the Woods, to the Trail or other further locations. So it's possible someone left the Cabin and went to the trail, though I'd presume they would all voyage further into the cabin.

If nobody headed back to the trail from the Cabin we might want to send one person to investigate there, one person to investigate here, and then the others either do the same or forge ahead.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #68
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Trail doesn't go to the cabin. I would have remembered cabin.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #69
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Back toward the road the fog lifts and you see something. You trot out toward the bridge and see this.

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #70
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Commo and dzilla were the other 2 now that I have looked at a player list.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #71
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Trail doesn't go to the cabin. I would have remembered cabin.

Right, yard I guess. I wonder if the wood goes to the Cabin itself, while the trail goes to the yard?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #72
Autumn
Head Coach

Day One

Trail - Darth Vilus, Dubb, Mauboy, Commo, Dzilla

Road - Autumn, The Jackal, Zinto, NTNdeacon, MrBug708

Woods -

Cabin -

Day Two

Trail -

Road - Autumn (later gone to Woods)

Woods - The Jackal, MrBug, Dubb, Darth Vilus (later Autumn)

Cabin -

Yard - Commo, Dzilla

Study -

Trail leads to Woods or Yard

Road leads to Trail or Woods

Woods leads to Trail, Road or Cabin
Old 09-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #73
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The road thread is close and the above picture shows the bridge out. The road isn't an option anymore. Makes sense as the bridge was always destroyed in the movies.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #74
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The question now is was this just a random game mechanic or did the wolves do this?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #75
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh is that what the picture means? Interesting. Glad I stayed and investigated then, we would have lost something.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #76
Autumn
Head Coach

If the idea is we should not be able to go backward, it makes me a bit wary of heading back on the trail. Perhaps as areas are emptied they are lost to us.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #77
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think being in this thread has confused me more than anything
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #78
Autumn
Head Coach

I wish we knew whether anyone went back to the trail. I'd hate to waste a couple days exploring it if it's already been checked out. But I'll volunteer to do that. if there is something dangerous about going backwards, I think I'm probably better equipped for it.

CF, it's an option to stay and investigate the Woods, right? Or no?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #79
Autumn
Head Coach

I should clarify, I guess.

CF, is going to a thread to investigate it (like Investigate Cabin from here) the same as investigating it from that thread? So that this thread was already investigated by those who arrived here?

Now that I think about it, that's probably the case. So we can ignore this location, but someone should investigate the Trail.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #80
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If the idea is we should not be able to go backward, it makes me a bit wary of heading back on the trail. Perhaps as areas are emptied they are lost to us.

You may be digging too deep here.

In the movies the road was always the way in. At some point they would have enough and hop in the car. They would end up at the bridge(the one they came in on) and it would always be out(as seen in the picture above). It symbolized them being trapped there with the Deadites.

Moral of the story, there is a very high chance that this was a design decision that was put in from the beginning.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #81
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Also if the movies are going to be faithfully recreated here I fully expect us all to be dumped into the cabin around mid game ish as all hell breaks loose everywhere else(as seen on the road).
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #82
Autumn
Head Coach

Ah I see. It's just the trail leads back to the road, avoiding the bridge, so I figured the trail must become impassible at some point too.

I agree, I expect the game will delve more and more into the cabin, though I don't know anything about hte movies to base that on.

So nobody found anything in the Woods when they arrived last night?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #83
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

INVESTIGATING the place you are at is a legal move. It means you don't go anywhere but search where you are.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #84
MrBug708
Head Coach

investigate Woods
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #85
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems that you guys who investigated the woods last night as your move should have found anything, but I'm not quite sure if that's right. Might not hurt to try it.

I think will investigate the trail unless we have a better idea.

I'm not sure who to vote though. Dubb, you suggested Mauboy as the other candidate, for advocating the no lynch idea?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #86
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm not sure who to vote though. Dubb, you suggested Mauboy as the other candidate, for advocating the no lynch idea?

He voted no lynch. Didn't really argue for it, but it seemed fishy that within 10 minutes of his vote 2 others had voted it as well(at the time of his vote it was 1-1). I suggested he could have had an agenda with that vote as CF seemed to imply we had made a bad decision as we left. He said the wind mocked us.

Hell DV IMO was the worst looking person in my starting thread suggesting we blindly throw our vote on some random outside the thread and then voting no lynch, but he is in this thread and I don't think voting him would get us anywhere.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #87
Autumn
Head Coach

Why would it be bad to vote someone in this group?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #88
Autumn
Head Coach

I do remember you explained that point earlier in the thread but I'm lazy.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #89
The Jackal
Coordinator

Autumn I'm pretty sure Zinto went to the trail yesterday, but I'm not 100% on it. Just for your charts.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #90
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn I'm pretty sure Zinto went to the trail yesterday, but I'm not 100% on it. Just for your charts.

Oh crap, right, I totally forgot him on Day two. You're right. So if we meet up with him again we can ask him if he found anything there. If he was the only one, he should have discovered anything there might have been.

In that case I think we should probably all head to the cabin. Unless people think there's some advantage to staying to investigate a location versus traveling to investigate a location.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #91
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I do remember you explained that point earlier in the thread but I'm lazy.

I'm of the opinion that there is one lynch per day. I fear the best we could hope for would be a tie(although that was prior to you entering). Still I would prefer to go for the known thing here and put the vote to NtN.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #92
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

To the Yard!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #93
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that there is one lynch per day. I fear the best we could hope for would be a tie(although that was prior to you entering). Still I would prefer to go for the known thing here and put the vote to NtN.

Oh I see. but you're assuming the others will vote for someone in their thread. If they're thinking like you they'll be voting for someone out of their head, and we'll be back in the same boat. You're hoping that NTN is still in the game, and in a thread where he's gathered at least a few votes. I'm not sure those are good chances. That said I'm not sure of any good strategy for voting right now.

However, if the idea is to vote someone in another thread who is likely getting some votes, I think NTN is probably a low probability play. In fact he's the only player that we have reason to suspect might not be in the game any longer. Even if he is in game, where is he? He fled before the night action. If he's still moving according to the rules of our movement, he'd have to be on the Trail since he's not here. If so it's likely just him and Zinto there, so at most he's gathered one vote. If he was able to move somewhere other than we could, I guess there's the chance he's in a larger thread and garnered some votes.

I think the bigger probability play would be to figure out who might be in one of the larger threads. We know who started in Trail and Road, and we know who headed to the Yard. So Yard or Cabin is probably the largest thread right now.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #94
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, you are coming pretty close to defending NtN here. We have nothing to suggest he isn't in the game. He's on the current play list and he ran out of your area yesterday very much alive. I refuse to accept someone as dead when everything points to that not being the case.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #95
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Oh I see. but you're assuming the others will vote for someone in their thread.

I am. And I'm am doing so based on the fact that yesterday I was on the trail and I was told I had to vote for someone else on the trail. This area didn't exist yesterday. I'm assuming this area has a special voting rule and everyone else has to vote in their area. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am I would feel better about voting for someone who is all but known to be a Deadite rather than a shot in the dark. Quite frankly the only person I could be swayed to vote for other than NtN would be you.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #96
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I am. And I'm am doing so based on the fact that yesterday I was on the trail and I was told I had to vote for someone else on the trail. This area didn't exist yesterday. I'm assuming this area has a special voting rule and everyone else has to vote in their area. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am I would feel better about voting for someone who is all but known to be a Deadite rather than a shot in the dark. Quite frankly the only person I could be swayed to vote for other than NtN would be you.

I don't think that's true. When I was in the Road I was able to vote for anyone in the game, today. I think this is a change for day two, nothing to do with this area. It didn't exist yesterday I guess just because no one started here.

Which I had forgotten. Does anyone remember which threads were the original ones? There were four, right?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #97
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, you are coming pretty close to defending NtN here. We have nothing to suggest he isn't in the game. He's on the current play list and he ran out of your area yesterday very much alive. I refuse to accept someone as dead when everything points to that not being the case.

I also disagree with this. You were not in the thread and did not read the writeup. My interpretation was not at all that NTN is in the game, and I think CF made clear somewhere in the writeup that we would not know what happened to people. We were not told NTN was alive. We were told that we voted for him and he ran off. To my mind that is probably what happens when we lynch people. Everything points to him being dead, not the opposite. If he was alive, he would have stayed in the thread, I believe. Nobody ran out of your thread, correct?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #98
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Results:

You will only know certain results when you see them, meaning are in the same room to see them. If someone dies and they aren't with you, you won't know what they are until you go to their location (but it will be obvious). If you find a dead someone in a room through investigation and they have an object, you can get their object.

Time:
Although we are still using day/night cycle, this all takes place in one night.

Victims
Victim #1: Darth Vilus
Victim #2: Autumn
Victim #3: Chief Rum
Victim #4: Danny
Victim #5: Zinto
Victim #6: J23
Victim #7: Narcizo
Victim #8: bhlloy
Victim #9: MrBug
Victim #10: ntndeacon
Victim #11: dzilla77
Victim #12: mckerney
Victim #13: dubb
Victim #14: The Jackal
Victim #15: mauboy
Victim #16: Commo_Soldier
Victim #17: tyketime

This list may be updated during the game, but not necessarily with info from other threads. You are free to make your own assumptions and discoveries and post your own lists as you wish.

All right, I take half of htat out. Checking the rules it looks like we should actually see dead bodies. I was thinking of this last sentence, which makes clear, to me, that the list will not necessarily be updated to tell us that someone has died.

But the first part does seem to make clear we should find a corpse if someone dies. Since I stayed and investigated, it's clear there was no corpse. In which case I'm definitely okay with voting NTN. It seems he truly was able to survive the lynch (or maybe his running had nothing to do with the lynch? He only had 3 votes).

Dubb, did you say that "No lynch" got 3 votes in your thread?

unvote mrbug708
vote ntndeacon
Old 09-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #99
Autumn
Head Coach

CF, is there a difference between remaining in an area and investigating, and traveling to an area to investigate?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #100
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, and I have been running under the assumption since about my second post in this thread that there was a tie. Finally I feel like we are getting close to the same page.