Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

FM-Chelsea job offer

I don't want this to give anything away if you want to one day get this offer yourself but...[spoiler]
After winning three consecutive Dutch league titles with Ajax and reaching two consecutive Champions League quarterfinals, I get this message at the end of September 2007:

“Chelsea chairman Roman Abramovich has offered you the managerial job at Stamford Bridge, believing you to be the ideal person to replace ex-manager Jose Mourinho.

Abramovich indicates that the board would be able to offer you a transfer budget in the realm of 121 million pounds to fund the purchase of new players.

With the current wage bill standing at around 1,100,000 p/w, the board are pleased to be in a position to offer you scope for additional wages within the budget should you wish.”

121 million pounds!!! A 1.1 mill p/w wage budget! Chelsea have to be British football's New York Yankees. That said, Abramovich’s cash could not coerce me to leave Ajax though. As tempting as it might be to have a transfer kitty 6 times what I have now and a wage bill 3 times as high as I have now, I just can’t stand Chelski and could never take a job there.

Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote