Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
Schmidty
Coordinator

Is WW dead?

It seems to be on life-support at the moment.

Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
It seems to be on life-support at the moment.

It seems like the whole board is like that.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yes...is WW dead?

I took a couple games off and look what happened
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The board on the whole does seem to be in one of its dips. I think Lathum is due to start us back up again and he's got a 1-1 record with WW revivals .
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
path12
Coordinator

I think it takes one decent game to start up and folks come back. It's always slow after the holidays IIRC.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
Raiders Army
Coordinator

UNVOTE WEREWOLF
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so I thought hoops' game would stimulate interest and give us some momentum and it seems to have done the opposite.

This isn't meant to be a knock on Hoops or his game, but just wondering what the rational behind the lack of sign ups is for Pass' game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

For me, the last game took so much time that I'm decompressing for a game or two and then will be back in the fray. The wolves that lived (not to knock anyone else's time, particularly Hoops and Tyrith but any of the good guys too) put a ton of time in. Towards the end, I couldn't keep up with the time Cable and Mr. F put in.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so I thought hoops' game would stimulate interest and give us some momentum and it seems to have done the opposite.

This isn't meant to be a knock on Hoops or his game, but just wondering what the rational behind the lack of sign ups is for Pass' game.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I had been saying for a while that I needed to back off playing for a few months or play in every other game for a bit. After dedicating so much time the past three weeks to WW, I seriously got behind in other things that I need to now catch up on. I have found that I am utterly incapable of playing a WW game half-heartedly where I only check in once or twice a day. So I know if I sign up, it will be a huge time sink for me.

With my travel schedule next month having me out and about for a few weeks, I'll likely have to wait till December first before I can get in a game again. I probably have to wait till next year at some point before I can sign up to host again.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #10
The Jackal
Coordinator

Didn't we just have the game with the highest post count in WW history?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Didn't we just have the game with the highest post count in WW history?

and now we are struggling for sign ups for the next game, hence the purpose of my post.

Did you even read it?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #12
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm a little surprised by the sign-ups issue for this one as well.

I'm very excited about playing in some games soon. I had a fairly long break from playing - although I always end up reading along - over the summer due to a pretty tough work schedule. But I'm expecting to be in the mix, probably starting next week, if there are games running.

Personally, I do like to see rule sets published before signing up for a game. I'm less likely to be an early sign-up for a game when I'm jumping in blind. I do not need every eventuality of the game spelled out, but having some idea of what I'm getting into (besides the title of the thread) is comforting for me if I'm going to be taking the plunge without knowing who else is playing.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 PM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Personally, with the next game starting midweek I didn't sign up as I would not be able to go past a week of play. If it ends up being a small game I would probably be able to play.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i just need to cool it for a little while - boss has been hyper up-our-asses about non-work related internet usage, so i figured i'd do my part in a token way...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #15
Thomkal
Head Coach

I don't play WW very often, but as others said that last game was quite intense and time consuming, so wanting a bit of a break after it is understandable.

I'm big on themes and rules. No offense to Pass on the Halloween theme which was good, but the fact that people might "dress up" as other members of the forum turned me off because I just thought it would lead to blowups/conflict/future revenge at some point. I also much prefer the bigger and more complex games generally.

I would expect smaller numbers interested in playing from this point on till the end of the year due to the holidays as well.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #16
Schmidty
Coordinator

For me, I usually only play in every 2nd or 3rd game because I have trouble staying focused on one thing for long.

I just started playing WOW again, so that's also a huge time-sink that takes away WW time.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #17
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I'm just burned out. I almost played in Pass's game, but I pretty much go all-in effort wise when I play and I need some time to get other things, like work, done.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #18
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Which I should add, is a shame, because I've enjoyed Pass's games I've played in in the past
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #19
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm a little surprised by the sign-ups issue for this one as well.

I'm very excited about playing in some games soon. I had a fairly long break from playing - although I always end up reading along - over the summer due to a pretty tough work schedule. But I'm expecting to be in the mix, probably starting next week, if there are games running.

Personally, I do like to see rule sets published before signing up for a game. I'm less likely to be an early sign-up for a game when I'm jumping in blind. I do not need every eventuality of the game spelled out, but having some idea of what I'm getting into (besides the title of the thread) is comforting for me if I'm going to be taking the plunge without knowing who else is playing.

I'm not sure if you're referring to my current game, but just in case, the entire rules are posted in the thread. I know it seems shocking that a ruleset for one of my games is so short, but there you have it.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #20
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Which I should add, is a shame, because I've enjoyed Pass's games I've played in in the past

I think this will be a lot different from most of my games, in that there's a lot less to keep track of. Probably something needed in my games, since they've all been pretty complex, and WW in general right now after a complex game with 30 people, which is probably the most we've ever had. Hopefully pushing the start back to next week gives you a chance to play, but if not, I understand.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Went to Northwestern for Job interview earlier this week, traveling for another next Monday. Two phone interviews today. Just got a new writing gig for another website. This is not the time to be WWing it up for me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #22
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If you get the Northwestern job, then we become obligated to have another Chicago FOFC get together.

More seriously, I think super large and active games tend to be semi-counter productive. After them people just need a break. It also seems that on the whole peoples' schedules are busier these days than in the past. This is where having new players is important. But the idea that WW is dying or dead, just seems silly to me as repetitive theme.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #23
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
and now we are struggling for sign ups for the next game, hence the purpose of my post.

Did you even read it?

I missed your post, actually.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote