Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Are you ok with us playing in the same game?
YES 15 55.56%
NO 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2008, 09:56 AM   #51
hoopsguy
General Manager

It happened in my Necromancer's game, I'm convinced it happened in Path's Animal Farm game, and Blade/Bek cross-posted in the example I showed above. That is a pattern of behavior, not an accident.

These are only the games where I was involved and sensitive to the potential situation - I would expect that if moderator's were to review their previous games that they might find other examples of this taking place that have not yet been discussed (privately or publicly).

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #52
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the fact that it has come to this point again already indicate it is going to be a problem
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I would be curious to hear what some of the "newer" players have to say who weren't here last time.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #54
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I wasn't around during the situation, although I do know of the Bek/Blade and have heard about what happened. IMO, if one person is posting in multiple accounts, neither account should be allowed to play in a WW game. And that sounds like exactly what happened. It ruins the integrity of the game and I wouldn't want to be a part of a game like that. Now it sounds like he wants to come back - well what's to stop him from doing it again (other than not allowing him in)?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #55
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I also wasn't around for it, and I'm sure they are nice guys and all of that, but I'm not going to play in a game, and invest the X amount of hours in it, just to find out that needless cheating may or may not be happening when there is no need for it.

So yeah, if Blade/Bek/Lax whoever is playing a game, I'll likely not be. I've just got better ways to invest my time.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #56
RendeR
Coordinator

I wasn't around previously either, but if he wants to have a shot, with a name that we can recognisze of as him, then I could deal with a trial basis.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #57
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I also wasn't around for it, and I'm sure they are nice guys and all of that, but I'm not going to play in a game, and invest the X amount of hours in it, just to find out that needless cheating may or may not be happening when there is no need for it.

So yeah, if Blade/Bek/Lax whoever is playing a game, I'll likely not be. I've just got better ways to invest my time.

+1
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #58
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
+1

Let me clarify my +1. I would leave it up to the game's GM on whether or not he/she will allow them in. For me personally, I would likely then sit out that game but it's a reasonable way to monitor the situation without completely shutting someone out.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #59
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I agree with the wolfy one here. It's completely different. I suspect that a lot of people still don't get the whole Bek/Blade thing and think it's just two friends who maybe talked a little bit too much about the game outside of the game thread. That's not my understanding of the situation.

That is why I asked if Bullet was serious with his comment about Schmidty/Mrs Schmidty. RendeR and Telle play in WW together all the time, SL and I played a game together - aside from the joking "I know you are a wolf" or similar arbitrary comment, we didn't discuss it. He asked me a few general questions, or asked me about the dynamic between certain players (Lathum and Saldana for instance), but details of the game were not discussed.

As BK has stated, this case was of Blade/Bek being the SAME person. It's a totally different situation. It was dishonest, calculated and underhanded.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #60
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im all for him playing

then someone else can get lynched day one every time

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #61
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

prvous post was made in jest, just dont lycnh me!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i was around at the time, but wasn't in that game and didn't necessarily recognize the transgression when it happened b/c i wasn't in the game in question.

I'm all for second chances in situations like this - but I wish there was some way to monitor it more conclusively.

my only thought on the subject falls in line with those who have i guess said "1 name plays" out of those names - and i also wouldn't want to see any one of those names in a game with anyone else who we didn't recognize. but i'm not sure that that's enough, and that that is possible.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #63
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

my only thought on the subject falls in line with those who have i guess said "1 name plays" out of those names - and i also wouldn't want to see any one of those names in a game with anyone else who we didn't recognize. but i'm not sure that that's enough, and that that is possible.

this to me is the biggest problem.

Are we gonna say that anytime someone new plays Lax/Blade/Bek can't play?

That to me shows enough of an inherent lack of trust that we should just not allow him to play.

To be honest I am leaning towards not letting him play in a game I run because it isn't worth the potential drama
Old 07-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #64
laxjunkie62
n00b

ok, so ive been keeping quiet on the issue up to this point, but I feel like my part of the story should be heard.

Ok, so i guess keeping this quiet didnt happen. I thought that I was allowed to come back quietly but apparently not. There are two different people in the blade/bek/lax issue. One person is blade, ill give you his facebook to prove it as well. The other person is bek/lax, which is myself. You may browse my myspace, www.myspace.com/laxjunkie62

As far as the previous issues that were stated, yes I was over at blade's house using his pc when the name flopping occured. He has his set up to auto sign-on and I had not realized it until the comment had already been posted. And like blade said in that forum, it was my dumbass mistake. Ive played many games as bek, including WoW and Guild Wars and Tabula Rasa, all while sticking with the same guild. You can ask any of them at www.hititlikeyoumeanit.com and they will verify that I am a loyal and trustworthy individual. Again, I am sorry if this has caused people to leave the game, but no harm was intended. I hope you can understand.

I will address any other issues that any of you have, i am an open book.

--bek/laxjunkie62
laxjunkie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #65
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

did you ever share info with Blade?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #66
laxjunkie62
n00b

we shared general info, and since i joined later then him, he shared play styles of some of the veteran players, and some of the possible different play styles that I could use to play. Yes he took me under his wing, but no there were no rules that were intentionally broken
Old 07-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #67
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjunkie62 View Post
we shared general info, and since i joined later then him, he shared play styles of some of the veteran players, and some of the possible different play styles that I could use to play. Yes he took me under his wing, but no there were no rules that were intentionally broken

it seems you are dodging the question in a blade like fashion.

did you guys ever share in game information that could effect the outcome?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #68
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
it seems you are dodging the question in a blade like fashion.

did you guys ever share in game information that could effect the outcome?

NO, im not trying do dodge anything, just two friends trying to play a game together, like many other pairs on here.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #69
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Can you take a picture with Blade, holding up a sign that says, "Poli Rules"?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #70
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Can you take a picture with Blade, holding up a sign that says, "Poli Rules"?

its possible, ill have to talk to him though
Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #71
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just curious - why would you choose here to play WW, given the past history with your account? There are certainly other places that have active werewolf/mafia communities that would not come with the baggage that your name(s) has (have) at FOFC.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #72
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm gonna back out of this thread now before it seems like I am cross examining Bek.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #73
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
ok, so ive been keeping quiet on the issue up to this point, but I feel like my part of the story should be heard.

Ok, so i guess keeping this quiet didnt happen. I thought that I was allowed to come back quietly but apparently not. There are two different people in the blade/bek/lax issue. One person is blade, ill give you his facebook to prove it as well. The other person is bek/lax, which is myself. You may browse my myspace, www.myspace.com/laxjunkie62

As far as the previous issues that were stated, yes I was over at blade's house using his pc when the name flopping occured. He has his set up to auto sign-on and I had not realized it until the comment had already been posted. And like blade said in that forum, it was my dumbass mistake. Ive played many games as bek, including WoW and Guild Wars and Tabula Rasa, all while sticking with the same guild. You can ask any of them at www.hititlikeyoumeanit.com and they will verify that I am a loyal and trustworthy individual. Again, I am sorry if this has caused people to leave the game, but no harm was intended. I hope you can understand.

I will address any other issues that any of you have, i am an open book.

--bek/laxjunkie62

So if that is your myspace, what is Blade's?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #74
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Just curious - why would you choose here to play WW, given the past history with your account? There are certainly other places that have active werewolf/mafia communities that would not come with the baggage that your name(s) has (have) at FOFC.

because I feel like you all are a good group of guys and gals and that i have played with you all before. You all seem level headed, and are fun and enjoyable to talk to. Sure we have gone through our ups and downs, but isnt that part of growing and building a relationship?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #75
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
So if that is your myspace, what is Blade's?
Not sure this will work:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=7720601
Old 07-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #76
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'm gonna back out of this thread now before it seems like I am cross examining Bek.

I dont mind Lathum, i want this to be in the open, I have nothing to hide. All i want to do is to be welcomed back to playing again.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #77
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:

yes, thats his
Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #78
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
its possible, ill have to talk to him though
Bonus points if you post a youtube video with him singing "Poli Rules" over and over to the Djiboutian national anthem.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #79
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Bonus points if you post a youtube video with him singing "Poli Rules" over and over to the Djiboutian national anthem.

Now i think that might be a stretch, in fact, im going to have to say no to this one
Old 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #80
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, but I would expect it would be easier to grow/build a relationship that doesn't start with acrimony.

Regardless of what you do/say there are going to be people here who are going to associate you with Blade and that are going to be convinced that there were past indiscretions involved with info sharing and account swapping. I'm including myself in that group. You are likely going to be censured from some games by moderators who don't want to lose out on having players not participate because you are in the game. That seems pretty clear from the responses in this thread over the past 24 hours.

I'm just wondering why would you put yourself through the hassle when you haven't seemed all that interested in clearing these issues up over the past 1.5 years.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #81
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Now i think that might be a stretch, in fact, im going to have to say no to this one
Don't worry he wasn't ever being serious .
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #82
Barkeep49
Coordinator

His willingness to come back here and be forthright with-out being defensive is what tells me this isn't Blade. Doesn't speak to any possible cheating that occurred in the past.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #83
laxjunkie62
n00b

Over the past 1.5 years, I have been drowning myself in my job and I realized that I wouldn't have the time to properly play these games, thats why I didnt. Recently, I have created time to, and thus have come back. I am putting myself through this because I do want to come back and play. I would like to play here, and if not playing in some games is what it takes, then I'm willing to sacrifice that.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #84
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

understood, i missed putting the lol on the end of that
Old 07-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #85
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Bite your tongue.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #86
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Bite your tongue.
Ouch.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #87
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Over the past 1.5 years, I have been drowning myself in my job and I realized that I wouldn't have the time to properly play these games, thats why I didnt. Recently, I have created time to, and thus have come back. I am putting myself through this because I do want to come back and play. I would like to play here, and if not playing in some games is what it takes, then I'm willing to sacrifice that.

bah, I dont get it. as someone pointed out there are tons of places to play, and if you play here, there will be lots of people out for you. and there is a history of acrimony.

I personally dont care, but even if one other does.... thats enough for me!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #88
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That's better.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #89
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

meh. much ado about something.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #90
saldana
Pro Starter

as someone who was always, in my own opinion of myself, trying to mediate the ongoing wars between blade and the rest of the community...trying to calm down some of the agressive, sometimes personal attacks from him, or sooth the pissed off masses that he attacked, and also someone who chatted with blade regularly and considered him to be a nice guy, this is the stance I will take on the matter:

i will never play another game with either blade or bek or lax involved, and none of them are ever welcome in a game i GM

i fully believe they are the same person

i think blade's presence in the game is detrimental, despite what he adds as a player with some insightful analysis....the number of people that have quit playing in our community because of him is abhorrent...kwhit enumerated his feelings, and i know that EagleFan27 won't play any more because of Blade

regardless of what he claims are his feelings for this community, i consider Blade to be a detriment...no one that claims that this group of players and GMs and their games would do what Blade did to me...i do not know every detail, because Barkeep refrained from telling me in an attempt to mediate the situation, but after I trusted blade enough to give him the role listing so he could follow along with the Star Wars game, he outed hoopsguy to barkeep in the middle of the game, while both were still playing...if it hadnt been for the integrity of BK, who withdrew from the game, all the work i put into that game would have been ruined...that is not what someone who cares about the FOFC Werewolf Community does.

to this day, i have never received an apology for that from blade.

Last edited by saldana : 07-15-2008 at 04:54 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #91
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, potentially ruining people's games too?

No thanks, I'll pass. Go find another board to mess with Blade/Bek/Lax/Whatever.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #92
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
.i do not know every detail, because Barkeep refrained from telling me in an attempt to mediate the situation, but after I trusted blade enough to give him the role listing so he could follow along with the Star Wars game, he outed hoopsguy to barkeep in the middle of the game, while both were still playing...if it hadnt been for the integrity of BK, who withdrew from the game, all the work i put into that game would have been ruined...that is not what someone who cares about the FOFC Werewolf Community does.

In fairness it was not as simple as "hoops is a bad guy" but it was clear enough that I knew him to be a bad guy based on what was said. As that was a while ago I do not remember the details. So it was inadvertent but no less damaging and it is sad that Blade never offered an apology to either of us and I was upset to have to drop-out since I had been very invested in the game.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #93
KWhit
Coordinator

Saldana put it very well. I was tired of Blade's act (constant bickering, insulting other players, etc) even before the Bek fiasco.

I don't believe anything that lax has said in this thread, so as I stated before, I will not be playing in any game that one of his guises is in.

Note: I wasn't even aware of the BK-Hoops outing that Saldana talks about, so that's even more reason for my stance on this.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #94
saldana
Pro Starter

and just another tidbit on the inflamatory nature of blade...

lathum and i have been best friends for 13 years...i have never, even when I was drunk and screaming right in his face in the only (and stupidest) argument we have ever had, seen lathum lose his temper the way he did with blade in the pharaoh game...do we really want someone that can infuriate the most laid back, even tempered person i have ever known involved in our games?

Last edited by saldana : 07-15-2008 at 05:55 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #95
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

lathum and i have been best friends for 13 years...i have never, even when I was drunk and screaming right in his face in the only (and stupidest) argument we have ever had, seen lathum lose his temper the way he did with blade in the pharaoh game...do we really want someone that can infuriate the most laid back, even tempered person i have ever known involved in our games?

Umm....you sure yer talking about Lathum? OUR Lathum???....umm....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #96
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
as someone who was always, in my own opinion of myself, trying to mediate the ongoing wars between blade and the rest of the community...trying to calm down some of the agressive, sometimes personal attacks from him, or sooth the pissed off masses that he attacked, and also someone who chatted with blade regularly and considered him to be a nice guy, this is the stance I will take on the matter:

i will never play another game with either blade or bek or lax involved, and none of them are ever welcome in a game i GM

i think blade's presence in the game is detrimental, despite what he adds as a player with some insightful analysis....the number of people that have quit playing in our community because of him is abhorrent...kwhit enumerated his feelings, and i know that EagleFan27 won't play any more because of Blade

regardless of what he claims are his feelings for this community, i consider Blade to be a detriment...no one that claims that this group of players and GMs and their games would do what Blade did to me...i do not know every detail, because Barkeep refrained from telling me in an attempt to mediate the situation, but after I trusted blade enough to give him the role listing so he could follow along with the Star Wars game, he outed hoopsguy to barkeep in the middle of the game, while both were still playing...if it hadnt been for the integrity of BK, who withdrew from the game, all the work i put into that game would have been ruined...that is not what someone who cares about the FOFC Werewolf Community does.

+1

The Necro game said enough.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #97
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Umm....you sure yer talking about Lathum? OUR Lathum???....umm....

Does say something about our community that I'm not convinced he's wrong?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #98
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

LETS GET HIM!!!!!!

Quote:

oh, wait...
Old 07-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #99
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in all seriousnes though, there have been many times when I have been chatting with BK, hoops, Clap, Sal, Alan, Tyrith, Pass, and others and have said " OK, I am gonna stop talking before I say someting I shouldn't"

also, those who have met me in person will testify that oddly enough I am really laid back.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #100
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
if Schmidty and Mrs Schmidty can play together....

That was pretty rude, and based on nothing. I shouldn't even comment on it, other than to say that I barely see my wife in real life, we have separate computers, and I also spend a lot of my time posting and reading WW on my laptop at work. I'm 33 years old with a family. I don't play WW to win - I play it because I like the people, and I have fun watching things unfold in front of me (which might be why I suck so much).

Your comment leaves me with only a modicum of respect for you. It was a classless, baseless insinuation, and is beneath contempt.