Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #201
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

There were no votes on her day one, nor when you put the vote there. The vote did not place her in any danger at the time. To me a late vote when the danger of a lynch looms large is a lot more telling than ean early hit and run vote but maybe I am way off base here. I am not saying that I suspect you, just that you are not cleared in my mind the way the late votes are.

On the other side, if Telle came back clean you would not have gone directly into my CoD either. The same three that I put in CoT would have been there in that case, with oliegirl leading the way.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #202
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Off to get some sleep. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully a lynched wolf and a victory for us.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #203
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

You are awoken from sleep early in the morning as the reports come in with tragic results. A retaliatory attack occured during the night on the country of AUSTRIA (Mrs Schmidty). Word is that the country was bombed ruthlessly with no warning and the death toll was very high. Something must be done about this!

Day 3 has started. Deadline is 9pm ET tonight.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #204
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
That sucks. But it crosses Mrs. S off my suspect list

Which leaves 3 people. After thinking everything over last night, I realized that there was really nothing, besides Telle's vote on him both days, to make me think that BK is a wolf - so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for today.

I am still fairly sure that SL's utr/quiet play is his personality and newbie status. I would be very surprised if he turned out to be wolf.

So that leaves PF and Illini. My gut says it's Illini simply b/c I don't see one of the two wolves in the game NOT casting a vote. Especially in a small game, it's just too vital for the wolves to vote.

I'm definitely willing to listen to other arguments - this is just the best I've got right now.

VOTE ILLINIFAN
Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #205
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Any reason why EF is not on that list? I don't like the fact that me not being around yesterday cast suspicion on me. After reading through the posts from yesterday, I am going toward either EF or BK. I can't see why Illini, if a wolf, would cast an opening vote on the cunning. Way too risky, if you ask me, and I don't know why the wolves would make that play this early (small game or not)
Old 07-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #206
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I can't see why Illini, if a wolf, would cast an opening vote on the cunning. Way too risky, if you ask me, and I don't know why the wolves would make that play this early (small game or not)

No, clearly I'm a wolf that put an opening vote on the most important wolf on d2 when I could've put it on anyone else.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #207
Seolian
n00b

Something about the way Eaglefan has voted and stuff he is saying is making me think that he might be a wolf. He also voted for me so I am going to vote for him this time.

VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #208
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Any reason why EF is not on that list? I don't like the fact that me not being around yesterday cast suspicion on me. After reading through the posts from yesterday, I am going toward either EF or BK. I can't see why Illini, if a wolf, would cast an opening vote on the cunning. Way too risky, if you ask me, and I don't know why the wolves would make that play this early (small game or not)

I had said in my post last night that I wasn't getting much of a read on EF, he isn't on my "likely wolf" list right now, that is why I didn't mention him...I guess he should be on there, he voted for Clap, a known good guy on day one, and SL, who I don't believe to be a wolf yesterday.

Do you have anything to say in your defense for missing the vote yesterday?

Here is why I am torn between you and Illini...

He voted for clap (good guy) N1, and Telle (bad guy) N2...his vote on Telle was the first vote, so either he put it there as a wolf thinking that suspicion would run to BK as it had the day before, or b/c he planned on moving it later. As things progressed and SL forced and tie, and then I was the tiebreaker vote, it would have been VERY obvious if he had moved his vote last night.

You voted for EF N1, and no vote last night - which in a way kinda clears you in my eyes, and in a way makes you look more guilty.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #209
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seolian View Post
Something about the way Eaglefan has voted and stuff he is saying is making me think that he might be a wolf. He also voted for me so I am going to vote for him this time.

VOTE EAGLEFAN

What did he say to make you think he's a wolf?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #210
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Do you have anything to say in your defense for missing the vote yesterday?

As I stated in my post earlier, I was not in the office all day and out with my wife all night, so I didn't even get a chance to sit down and check the boards.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #211
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
You voted for EF N1, and no vote last night - which in a way kinda clears you in my eyes, and in a way makes you look more guilty.

And that doesn't make sense, haha.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #212
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

And if it does I don't understand how that makes you look less guilty than me lol.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:44 AM   #213
Seolian
n00b

Just that he keeps saying things like us winning and is kind of leading the debate. I could be wrong, but just trying to figure out what someone is saying or not saying is tricky in this game.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #214
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
And that doesn't make sense, haha.

At least to me, it kind of clears you b/c if you were a wolf, then you would have either cast your vote in the morning when you were on and posted, or you would have PM'd your vote to Alan.

If your absense from the board was unexpected, which now knowing the reasons, I doubt...then it could make you look like a wolf who just wasn't able to get online...however based on what you said, I've moved you a little further away from "Probable Wolf" status. Those spots are now occupied by EF and Illini
Old 07-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #215
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Austria....vill....not....die!.....*gasp.....*

(begin dramatic music and slide show of the picturesque landscape)
Old 07-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #216
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
At least to me, it kind of clears you b/c if you were a wolf, then you would have either cast your vote in the morning when you were on and posted, or you would have PM'd your vote to Alan.

If your absense from the board was unexpected, which now knowing the reasons, I doubt...then it could make you look like a wolf who just wasn't able to get online...however based on what you said, I've moved you a little further away from "Probable Wolf" status. Those spots are now occupied by EF and Illini

The worst part is I won't even vote for you because I don't think you're a wolf, just a very wrong villager.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #217
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Austria....vill....not....die!.....*gasp.....*

(begin dramatic music and slide show of the picturesque landscape)

Man, I figured you'd be resurrected as Maria Von Trapp and starting singing....The hills are aliiiiiiiivvvveee...with the sound, of music"

Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 AM   #218
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Some interesting posts today so far. Unfortnately I have no real read on the others from our group of uncleared. I hope that oliegirl's change in her take on BK means something, hopefully the same thing that her no including me on her list means.

If that i the case we may have a 50/50 shot at getting the right one today and in the worst case scenario we get the right one tomorrow at the latest.

If I am reading her right I will go with her on this one.

vote illinifan999
Old 07-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #219
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Wow.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #220
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Olie is the most trusted person at this point and so while I hate to create a bandwagon, I am inclined, barring new info, to follow her lead.

Vote illinifan
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #221
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE EAGLEFAN

Maybe I am giving Illini the benefit of the doubt, but I really can't see him making a play like that yesterday being a wolf. I still have my doubts about EF and I will see how this plays out.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #222
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Olie is the most trusted person at this point and so while I hate to create a bandwagon, I am inclined, barring new info, to follow her lead.

Vote illinifan

You were supposed to give me more insight than that! I was hoping you would have some opinion or something...do you think we are right with IF based on votes, or do you think it's EF or PF?

Hey - just noticed something, IF, EF and PF...LOL
Old 07-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #223
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

We should form the SuperFan group.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #224
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

haha, i can't help but feel bad for you guys (and girls).

think about how stupid of a play it would be if i were a wolf to throw a vote on the CUNNING wolf with hardly any votes on anyone out there. i could've picked anyone, and no one would have thought anything of it. Why wouldn't I have had Telle put the vote on me since at least she would gain trust for starting a vote on a wolf and since she's cunning, a scan would reveal nothing.

You guys are thinking the wolves would make the dumbest possible play.

At least you guys aren't losing the seer with this stupid vote.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
VOTE EAGLEFAN

Maybe I am giving Illini the benefit of the doubt, but I really can't see him making a play like that yesterday being a wolf. I still have my doubts about EF and I will see how this plays out.
Ok upon further thought from this post and olie, I think I'm going to go the EF way. I agree it doesn't make sense to vote for another wolf in a small game especially for voting for the cunning wolf. On the otherhand, EF has been posting trust lists left and right and that can be a good way of engendering trust himself.

Unvote Illini
Vote EF
Old 07-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #226
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

I'm in with BK, was thinking of changing anyway...

UNVOTE ILLINIFAN
VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 07-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #227
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I really have to learn to stop stepping away from these games. that's always when the run starts on me.

Vote me out if you want but I just hope you make the right choice tomorrow or it's over as you're wasting today's vote. I'll still be backing the allies all the way to hopeful victory. I just hope you pick right tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 PM   #228
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll up the ante a little and ask if anyone wants to vote nightfall so the lone wolf can get to his night actions. We might as well get to your final decision for tomorrow to see if you pick better that time.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #229
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nightfall? Anyone?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #230
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Super Fan powers... activate!!!

Sorry, just had to say that.

We need to pull 27 and DolphinFan in with us...
Old 07-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #231
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Looks like it''s just oliegirl and me in the thread now. I guess the wolf has gone inactive yet again.

If I am about to get lynched tonight I will at least spill my guts with everything that I know (or believe) to help everyone for the final day.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #232
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Eagle if you are indeed the Seer, I have come comments for you if you wish.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:02 PM   #233
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I don't really think that EF is a wolf. I also don't think PF, olie, or BK are wolves either. Seolian is the only person I'm thinking is the wolf, but I don't even really think he is.

Basically, I don't know anything at this point.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #234
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

EF, if you are the seer, you need to reveal now rather than later so we can regroup and have a chance to win the game.

SL and I will be leaving shortly after 7, and will probably not be home before deadline, though I will be checking in on my phone, it's slow and hard to post from, so don't count on me to move votes tonight.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #235
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I would really like to hear more too, EF, if you are who you say you are.

If you are on the side of the villagers, I would think you would pushing a little hard to get your story out there.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #236
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Almost 3 hours since his not-so-cryptic statement about "information" he has.

I am leaving my vote on EF, and strongly urge everyone else to do the same. I will be pretty surprised if EF come back good at this point, just based on what he's recently said.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #237
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I didn't say that I was a seer, just that I would give you what I believe to be true and believe to be happening within the game. There are some aspects of MIA players that need to be looked at. Some of the players claimed MIA at times but I saw them within the thread with me and others in a moment where they could have swung a vote; but left without doing anything (then claimed they were away and not around for the vote). To me that screams wolf more than anything as they knew that any late actions could be viewed as an attempt to save Telle and put them under the gun.

Instead "we" have done exactly what they wanted which is gotten another allied member up vote lynch.

I have been the active member in this thread, attempting to get wolves talking. The more they talk the easier it will be to weed them out. If I was a wolf I would have gone the UTR route in a small game as the less you say the less you have to defend.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #238
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Still no one wants to vote night fall. Put me out of my misery so we can see who the wolf kills next and if you make the right choice tomorrow or allow the wolf to lead you around by the nose.

vote nightfall
Old 07-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #239
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

vote seolian

another shot in the dark again
Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #240
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Some mor questions:

Why was Mr S killed last night?

My guess is to setup oliegirl because of the odd exchange between them last night. That means this person would have to be online during that, but not at the point when Mrs S finally realzed that Telle was the cunning (which no one wastalking about until I pointed it out).

I was not only around for her realization but was the one that told her about it. Why would I do that as a wolf? It seemed that no one was talking about the key find of Telle being cunning at that point. If I was a wolf I would want that to remain (unless I was trying to defend my vote of course, in which case I would bring it up all the time-- sound like anyone we know?).

Maybe I'm way off base in my thinking but I'm at least trying to make up for a dreaful showing as villager in the political game.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM   #241
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I didn't say that I was a seer, just that I would give you what I believe to be true and believe to be happening within the game. There are some aspects of MIA players that need to be looked at. Some of the players claimed MIA at times but I saw them within the thread with me and others in a moment where they could have swung a vote; but left without doing anything (then claimed they were away and not around for the vote). To me that screams wolf more than anything as they knew that any late actions could be viewed as an attempt to save Telle and put them under the gun.

Instead "we" have done exactly what they wanted which is gotten another allied member up vote lynch.

I have been the active member in this thread, attempting to get wolves talking. The more they talk the easier it will be to weed them out. If I was a wolf I would have gone the UTR route in a small game as the less you say the less you have to defend.

You are saying you aren't the seer, but even you have to admit you were alluding to it pretty heavily back in your post at 3:46. If I had to guess, and I might be wrong...I'd say that you were contemplating a fake reveal, but when you realized you had no support, decided to backtrack. I'm not sure who the real seer is, but on the off chance that you aren't a wolf, I hope they stay quiet so they don't get night killed tonight, and of course, that they scan either PF or IF. BK would be an OK scan too, but I'm fairly sure that the other wolf is one of the remaining fans.

And I'm happy to

VOTE NIGHTFALL

As stated earlier, we are heading out - going to dinner and an errand, likely won't be back before 9. Hope we catch us a wolf and secure victory tonight!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #242
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Some mor questions:

Why was Mr S killed last night?

My guess is to setup oliegirl because of the odd exchange between them last night. That means this person would have to be online during that, but not at the point when Mrs S finally realzed that Telle was the cunning (which no one wastalking about until I pointed it out).

I was not only around for her realization but was the one that told her about it. Why would I do that as a wolf? It seemed that no one was talking about the key find of Telle being cunning at that point. If I was a wolf I would want that to remain (unless I was trying to defend my vote of course, in which case I would bring it up all the time-- sound like anyone we know?).

Maybe I'm way off base in my thinking but I'm at least trying to make up for a dreaful showing as villager in the political game.

So because you were the first one to point out that the "stealth" comment in Telle's lynch post meant she was the cunning, that should somehow clear you as a villager???? You can't see it, but I'm rolling my eyes right now.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #243
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
vote seolian

another shot in the dark again

Though I suspect you (mostly because of your reation to not neing in the CoT, just seemed like a wolfish attempt), he is one I could get behind a vote for as he just seems way too quiet. I just don;t want to be beaten by an under the radar wolf.

Of course, other than the first game I plkayed I have a lousy track record as a villager so YMMV with my take on things.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #244
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So because you were the first one to point out that the "stealth" comment in Telle's lynch post meant she was the cunning, that should somehow clear you as a villager???? You can't see it, but I'm rolling my eyes right now.

Not that I was first to figure it out but that I pointed it out. Why would I do that as a wolf?

Scan me tonight if you don't believe me.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #245
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

unvote seolian
vote barkeep

seolian's vote of Telle to make it a tie makes me think he's not a wolf. i really don't think eaglefan is the wolf. he's been active, and trying to stir up discussion.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #246
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
unvote seolian
vote barkeep

seolian's vote of Telle to make it a tie makes me think he's not a wolf. i really don't think eaglefan is the wolf. he's been active, and trying to stir up discussion.

That one I'm not sure about. A post from oliegirl earlier today makes me think that BK has been cleared. She went from being big into going afgter him last night and then this morning was completely off him.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #247
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

that would put it between seolian and packerfanatic then. they both haven't been around, and i would be leaning towards PF, but I like the fact that he was the only one to stick up for me today.

Vote tally so far:
Eaglefan: Seolian, Packerfanatic, Barkeep, oliegirl
Illinifan: Eaglefan
Barkeep: illinifan
Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #248
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
that would put it between seolian and packerfanatic then. they both haven't been around, and i would be leaning towards PF, but I like the fact that he was the only one to stick up for me today.

Vote tally so far:
Eaglefan: Seolian, Packerfanatic, Barkeep, oliegirl
Illinifan: Eaglefan
Barkeep: illinifan

True about PF, but that could also be a plan for tomorrow as you were gettng heat at that point. He sticks up for you and then you end up as a villager it makes him look better in others' eyes.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #249
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True about PF, but that could also be a plan for tomorrow as you were gettng heat at that point. He sticks up for you and then you end up as a villager it makes him look better in others' eyes.

Just to add to this. See my game a few games back when I was the traitor (in the midst of that streak where it felt like I would never be a villager again). Almost every vote of a villager that game I made an extra effort to throw support to that villager when it looked like they were going to get lynched.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #250
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nuts!!! Moyer is getting hammered today!!!

Sorry, had to get that out somewhere.
Closed Thread