Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #5601
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I enjoyed SO6. I just use house rules to not enter a horse in a race with 3-4 horses they have no chance at. It also adds a challenge to play US as some distances don’t have a ton of race options. I also enjoy the gambling but have house rules not to exploit big bets on clear favorites. But, it’s fun to speculate on some big races (and bet on some specific horses).
Old 07-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #5602
Thomkal
Head Coach

The original Torchlight is the free game at Epic this week. It will get you all set up for the upcoming MMO Torchlight Frontiers
Old 07-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #5603
Thomkal
Head Coach

Age of Wonders III is free on Steam for a week in anticipation of Age of Wonders: Planetfall coming out this summer
Old 07-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #5604
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Grabbed Field of Glory: Empires.. can't wait to have a day to dig into it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #5605
miami_fan
Coordinator

Are there any other sites like Can You RUN It to see if a laptop meets the requirements for a game?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:13 PM   #5606
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Age of Wonders III is free on Steam for a week in anticipation of Age of Wonders: Planetfall coming out this summer

I got the key for it but have not installed. I heard they were asking you to sign up for some other 3rd party account to play the AOWIII free edition they are giving away. Is that true? What info are they requesting for the account?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #5607
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
I got the key for it but have not installed. I heard they were asking you to sign up for some other 3rd party account to play the AOWIII free edition they are giving away. Is that true? What info are they requesting for the account?

I already had the game on Steam, so I'm not sure what you are talking about here. In looking at some of the posts on the community hub I see some people talking about how the multiplayer version is not free (maybe?) but the single-player version is free and you can play "off-line"?

Take a look at the comments at the bottom of the community page and see if your question is answered there:

Steam Community :: Age of Wonders III
Old 07-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #5608
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I bought AOW3 a long time ago and the game asks you to sign up for a Triumph account which is the developer. I never signed up for one and play the game just fine, though I've never tried multiplayer.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #5609
Thomkal
Head Coach

Original Borderlands is free this weekend on Steam. Finally a free game I have no interest in.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #5610
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Original Borderlands is free this weekend on Steam. Finally a free game I have no interest in.

Oh man, one of my favorites for sure.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #5611
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Oh man, one of my favorites for sure.

yeah I'm not seeing it free on Steam yet, so PC Gamer might have jumped the gun?
Old 07-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #5612
BYU 14
Coordinator

Late to the party on this, but picked up Slay the Spire during the summer sale. What a gem, wish I had jumped on this sooner.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:25 PM   #5613
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Late to the party on this, but picked up Slay the Spire during the summer sale. What a gem, wish I had jumped on this sooner.

Great game... another one I just picked up today, Nowhere Prophet, is a similar card battle game, but very deep tactically.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #5614
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

How are you liking nowhere prophet? I also picked it up on release and have been struggling to find a good strategy for lasting long term. Otherwise though it is pretty interesting twist on a deck building game I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #5615
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
How are you liking nowhere prophet? I also picked it up on release and have been struggling to find a good strategy for lasting long term. Otherwise though it is pretty interesting twist on a deck building game I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Made it past the first map without dying.. surprisingly. I'm still learning the strategies though and plan to play more today on the next map. I have lost some followers though so that might bite me at some point here soon.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:49 PM   #5616
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Nowhere Prophet is very good. It has that Slay the Spire One more game tinge to it. You have to think in Hearthstone terms with positioning as well. I thought I had a character who could finish a battle because he was behind a barricade, forgot that that wasn't the type that he could use for attacking from behind the front row, took a ton of damage

(ended up selling that book, and that was the one "frivolous" expense that I allowed myself)
Old 07-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #5617
CarterNMA
Mascot

Anybody have a copy of FM2014 (FM14) that they never used and would be willing to gift to me? Evidently this is the only way to transfer games through Steam. I'm playing FM12 now but want to "upgrade" but FM18 and FM19, which are the only ones available for purchase now, have absolutely horrible interfaces. I'd be willing to buy any game for you in return.

Or if anybody knows another way of getting FM2014...
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #5618
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The Very Positive Humble Bundle on Steam is...uh...really good

Rusty Lake Paradise and the ever creepy Bendy and the Ink Machine!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #5619
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Nowhere Prophet is very good. It has that Slay the Spire One more game tinge to it. You have to think in Hearthstone terms with positioning as well. I thought I had a character who could finish a battle because he was behind a barricade, forgot that that wasn't the type that he could use for attacking from behind the front row, took a ton of damage

(ended up selling that book, and that was the one "frivolous" expense that I allowed myself)

I am AWFUL at this game, I got the concepts of Slay the Spire pretty quickly but I just can't get my head around this one, even the bosses on the first map. I just can't figure out when you have a guy who can add 8-10 armor in one round how to do enough damage while also protecting myself against the goons.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:24 AM   #5620
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I am AWFUL at this game, I got the concepts of Slay the Spire pretty quickly but I just can't get my head around this one, even the bosses on the first map. I just can't figure out when you have a guy who can add 8-10 armor in one round how to do enough damage while also protecting myself against the goons.

This helped me...

Nowhere Prophet - A Safe Pair of Hands - YouTube
Old 07-23-2019, 04:24 AM   #5621
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I set it to easy and won my first game today.

Equipment is very important. by the end of the game I had the ability to give a couple units Sniper (attack from the back row), Taunt, and demolish the enemy's armor
Old 07-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #5622
Radii
Head Coach

I guess we use this as a generic games thread these days? Not steam at all, but has anyone else been playing Teamfight Tactics by Riot (the league of legends world), its a clone (or "inspired by") Dota AutoChess, I've been insanely hooked. Its in beta, not so much buggy but there is a lot of balancing and fleshing out of some game mechanics that needs to be done for it to have longevity.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #5623
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Anyone have opinions on Imperator: Rome vs Field of Glory: Empires? Though honestly Paradox might be too complicated for a time period I don't love, so I think my question might be more is FoG worth picking up now or better off waiting for a sale on it?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #5624
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I guess we use this as a generic games thread these days? Not steam at all, but has anyone else been playing Teamfight Tactics by Riot (the league of legends world), its a clone (or "inspired by") Dota AutoChess, I've been insanely hooked. Its in beta, not so much buggy but there is a lot of balancing and fleshing out of some game mechanics that needs to be done for it to have longevity.

Is that the one with shorter games? Tried the others, too long for me.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #5625
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

Been playing it quite a bit. I am hitting roughly a 25% win rate, and another 50% top 3. Finally started playing some ranked today, got a win, 3rd, 5th, and 6th so far.

I enjoy this more than the Dota version. Not sure how much I like the ranked set up, not sure if this should even have a ranked mode. It feels a lot like Blood Bowl to me, most of the time the better player will win, but every now and again, the RNG will decide that you are not going to be the winner.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #5626
Atocep
Coordinator

I've been playing quite a bit of Dota Underlords. I couldn't get into TFT.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #5627
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Anyone have opinions on Imperator: Rome vs Field of Glory: Empires? Though honestly Paradox might be too complicated for a time period I don't love, so I think my question might be more is FoG worth picking up now or better off waiting for a sale on it?

I don't know anything about Field of Glory, but Imperator is a steaming pile of shit.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:37 PM   #5628
Atocep
Coordinator

I haven't played Imperator Rome since the Pompey patch, but on release it wasn't very fun. The only thing it accomplished was getting me to install CK2 again and put another 20-30 hours into it.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:22 PM   #5629
Thomkal
Head Coach

Moonlighter and This War of Mine are the free games on Epic this week
Old 07-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #5630
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've only dabbled in FOG:E so far but I really like the fact you cannot spam expansion or you'll not only be fighting on multiple fronts, but your decadence rating will skyrocket.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #5631
PilotMan
Head Coach

Dammit.

I just realized that I bought games in the Steam summer sale that I had gotten in the Humble monthly bundle the month before.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #5632
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't think I'd heard of FOG:E before (or it didn't stick with me if I had) but the ability to jump between two games for battle sounds pretty cool ... at least if you've got what I figure has to be a pretty hefty rig to run it that way
Old 07-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #5633
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterNMA View Post
Anybody have a copy of FM2014 (FM14) that they never used and would be willing to gift to me? Evidently this is the only way to transfer games through Steam. I'm playing FM12 now but want to "upgrade" but FM18 and FM19, which are the only ones available for purchase now, have absolutely horrible interfaces. I'd be willing to buy any game for you in return.

Or if anybody knows another way of getting FM2014...

If you figure out a way someone can gift a game they've already played, I'd send it your way...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #5634
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I don't think I'd heard of FOG:E before (or it didn't stick with me if I had) but the ability to jump between two games for battle sounds pretty cool ... at least if you've got what I figure has to be a pretty hefty rig to run it that way

Huh... that is a very interesting concept. For somebody who sometimes gets frustrated that Paradox games have a very simple "biggest army with best general wins" feel to them, might be something to check out next time I'm bored and feel like throwing a bunch of cash at a game (or two)
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:09 PM   #5635
Thomkal
Head Coach

Humble Bundle has a Crusaders Kings II Bundle with (I think, I don't have the game) every expansion and DLC for $15-the main game and five DLC for $1.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:17 PM   #5636
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That's an excellent deal.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:23 PM   #5637
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Humble Bundle has a Crusaders Kings II Bundle with (I think, I don't have the game) every expansion and DLC for $15-the main game and five DLC for $1.

I have to correct myself-I actually do have the game-it clearly made an impression on me
Old 07-30-2019, 07:46 PM   #5638
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Huh... that is a very interesting concept. For somebody who sometimes gets frustrated that Paradox games have a very simple "biggest army with best general wins" feel to them, might be something to check out next time I'm bored and feel like throwing a bunch of cash at a game (or two)

Followed up this discovery by mentioning to my kid, who searched up a video recap of it.

What was interesting to notice was the very different takes on the concept offered by wargamer-centric (the linked article) vs grand strategy-centric (the YT reviewer he pulled up). The former thought it was pretty great, the latter all but shat upon it on camera.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #5639
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Slay the Spire for $12.49 on Steam
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:07 PM   #5640
tarcone
Coordinator

I bought Axis and Allies 1942 for 17.49. I have been looking for this game since the last one came out 20 years ago. I couldnt access the learning scenarios for some reason.

Will try again. Im excited but I want this to be a great game.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #5641
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Looked at it, heard great things about it, nearly just bought it, but put it on my wishlist instead. Email 20 minutes later that it's part of the Humble Monthly for August. Whew.....cos that would have been irritating.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #5642
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
What's this board's opinion of this?
Old 08-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #5643
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

Amazingly fun game, definitely has that one more turn feel and it is also good for taking a quick break and running a few levels. Got it during the summer sale and have over 100 hours in and I am not even a huge video gamer in general.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #5644
Thomkal
Head Coach

Slay The Spire is also one of the free games you get this month when you sign up for Humble Monthly for $12.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #5645
Thomkal
Head Coach

Grim Dawn is $7.50 at GoG
Old 08-02-2019, 01:31 PM   #5646
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Love me some grim Dawn. I still fire that one up relatively regularly, years after release.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #5647
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Love me some grim Dawn. I still fire that one up relatively regularly, years after release.

I play it occasionally when I have that "Diablo Urge". Insane amount of loot. Two expansions (one may not be out yet) for it too.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #5648
thesloppy
Pro Starter

There was an expansion relatively recently that got the full release treatment and great reviews....I bought and played for a bit but haven't quite progressed up to any of the new content yet.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #5649
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

Fantastic. It’s pretty much the only game I’ve played solo all year. Well over 200 hours played and I still enjoy it. Top 10 game for sure.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #5650
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quill19 takes a look at the new Age of Wonders: Planetfall:

Twitch