Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #751
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops is alive still, he must be a wolf.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #752
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, well that's about the worst results we could have gotten.

I wish I had stuck on Saldana now, we might have at least got a lynch.

Frankly, KWhit getting iced is fishy sounding to me.

There's going to have to be a lot of digging tomorrow, a lot of digging.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #753
Autumn
Head Coach

This means the voting record doesn't tell us much. If Render is a wolf they'd have no reason to try to save him. So at least from the point he became a main candidate the record is moot.

At this point since the seer can't help us out I'm likely to revisit past votes. If we know whether Hoops, PB or KWhit is good or bad we can get something out of the votes.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #754
saldana
Pro Starter

either the wolves are unbelievably lucky or people are being too blatant at their hints (which if they are, i am managing to miss them all)

vote for me all you want, I will not be lynched today either.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #755
The Jackal
Coordinator

well that sucks a whole bunch, i didn't have a seer read on ef
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 AM   #756
Danny
Head Coach

A bolt of lightning has struck one of you!

AlanT has been killed
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 AM   #757
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

AlanT has been killed

ummmmmm....

who?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:51 AM   #758
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
ummmmmm....

who?

Yeah, really. I don't think Alan is playing in this game.

Given the odd icing of Kwhit, it make might sense to resolve the PB/Kwhit vote to learn from Day 2.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #759
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

AlanT has been killed

Quote:
ummmmmm....

who?

ahhhh...i get it...lol...very nice danny...yet another game where alan doesnt make it to day 4!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #760
hoopsguy
General Manager

Were AlanT reading along, I expect he would laugh at that.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #761
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Congrats on being the first to post this.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #762
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Danny- Not that we would know the person's allegiance, but if the ghost whisperer talks to EF, can EF tell him who he scanned?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:11 AM   #763
KWhit
Coordinator

No point in waiting to come out with this.

I am the Vengeful God. I am also a villager.

I had originally wanted to wait until I got some 1st time votes on me before revealing this, just to make it a little more difficult for me to be lynched.

Which happened on day 2. I got some votes, but all of a sudden I was in the running to be lynched. I didn't reveal then, because I thought it might actually end up saving me. If someone had unvoted me and then come back and re-voted me they would have been struck dead, thereby taking their vote away, giving me a better chance of living. And since I knew I was a villager, I considered it a net benefit if I stayed alive.

I had planned on revealing yesterday, but I was put on ice last night right after deadline. I am not really sure why they chose me to ice. Unless they thought I was the seer maybe? But then why wouldn't they just NK me? Dunno.

Anyway... That's who I am.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #764
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, thanks for telling us, KWhit. I would have been pretty miffed if I'd died voting for you ;-)

If the Ghost Whisperer can do that that seems like the perfect use of their role - though I assume EF didn't have much to tell us. He obviously didn't catch a wolf.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #765
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
*pulls out a gun and shoots Render*

There!

I'm not THAT easy to kill

Quote:

Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Congrats on being the first to post this.

Does quoting this make me the 2nd?

I apologize to everyone for not being around, I passed out on the couch after Telle got home and frankly slept till midnight or so. I'm feeling somewhat better today and should be around more later in the day.

I'm trying to figure out from reading all this why the two candidates from Day 2 got NOTHING on day 3? I mean there was a tie, WTF is the reasoning behind NOT voting for at least one of them enough to do something on day 3?

Then suddenly everyone votes for me because I'm quiet? You want to find a wolf now? look at the people that got the ball rolling on someone not involved at all in the previous days voting that ended in a tie.

Very nifty bit of shell game tactics there..."Lets vote for this guy cause he's not around instead of the two people we apparently ALL wanted to lynch teh day before."

Think about it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #766
saldana
Pro Starter

well i will get it started then...back to day 2.

vote purduebrad
Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #767
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

I'm trying to figure out from reading all this why the two candidates from Day 2 got NOTHING on day 3? I mean there was a tie, WTF is the reasoning behind NOT voting for at least one of them enough to do something on day 3?

It's a good question. Now who volunteers to vote for KWhit? ;-) Not I.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #768
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

I think people moved off the day2 candidates mostly because they feared the Vengeful. Now, with KWhit's reveal, that's one of the candidates that a good number of people can't go back and vote for, which is bad news if he's a wolf.

He did make the statement that he is a villager, so if we have the soothsayer on our team, that could be a good line to check against and be sure of maybe?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #769
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Using this, I'm hoping that we've had a scan on Path or Lathum, because if one is bad, so is the other. Not catching that could be a big problem

Lathum, you've put out two fairly important late votes in the first two nights (which is not out of character for you necessarily) but I'm curious why DT over Hoops N1 and why me over KWhit N2? Even speaking hypothetically, if I'm good, then you are 0-2 on pretty tight votes, and I mean that more than a bad voting record (because lots of us are probably 0-2) but the importance of your votes is key as well.

After last night's vote, I still favor the idea that there was no save move, which likely points to KWhit's innocence as well as mine. Something that is making vote analysis rough though is the number of outlier votes we continue to have, rather than two or three condensed candidates. Here is where we might have another wolf or two hiding out, because why get into the middle of the battle if you can avoid it.

HELL, my short list of votes will be RealDeal, Hoops, or somebody that has cast a couple of truly insignificant votes.

Quote:
Nobody told me we were required to wear underwear, so technically my panties are just in a bunch on the bedroom floor.

Actually, I like Autumn's analysis. It in no way clears me, but looking at my play, I feel very comfortable that most will see it for what it was. If Hoops wants to continue to push for yesterday's candidates so be it, lynchings smile at us all, sometimes all we can do is smile back.

Quote:
I don't think I've been all that subtle, actually. I think you are a wolf, but I would be running a risk voting for anyone a second time. I'm not sure enough that I'm going to make that bet just yet. But I'm hoping that you are scanned sooner rather than later.

This "Vengeful God" thing, and the less discussed "Gladiator" are really cramping my game a little bit in terms of putting pressure on people in the thread. I know that me blowing up or getting dueled = -1 villager, and I don't know that I'm getting a 1:1 trade in the process. Which is frustrating, as I would absolutely take 1:1 if given the chance. But I haven't really worked out what % of certainty (70%, maybe?) that I would consider it worth the risk.

So Hoops, with KWhit as the Vengeful God and me as the Gladiator, then the night 2 lynch really was a fun time for you! Lynching KWhit could be very hard at this point given how many people voted for him.

I have a two man list of who I will challenge if lynched.

So Hoops, knowing who KWhit is and who I am, feel free to pressure everyone else (including KWhit).
Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #770
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

AlanT has been killed

LOL
Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #771
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I think people moved off the day2 candidates mostly because they feared the Vengeful. Now, with KWhit's reveal, that's one of the candidates that a good number of people can't go back and vote for, which is bad news if he's a wolf.

He did make the statement that he is a villager, so if we have the soothsayer on our team, that could be a good line to check against and be sure of maybe?

I'd be fine with that, since I am a villager.

In addition, to answer the question of why people weren't going back to voting for the Day 2 candidates is that basically, there was nothing very suspicious about us even then - and since then people have additional data on which to base their vote.

Some of that data includes the fact that there was no late attempts to save either me or PB. A minor tick in our favor, I'd say (not a big one, since wolves wouldn't want to be too obvious if they tried to save one of their own, but a small tick in our favor).
Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #772
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It's a good question. Now who volunteers to vote for KWhit? ;-) Not I.

Any wolves willing to step up and take one for the teams?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #773
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If we really wanted to lynch kwhit we could still
Old 01-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #774
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
If we really wanted to lynch kwhit we could still

Sure. But why would you want to?

There's no evidence at all against me and the seer even said that I leaned toward good. I don't know if he scanned me or not, but it's more of an indication of innocence than almost anyone else has.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #775
KWhit
Coordinator

All I'm saying is that there are better choices out there than me.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #776
KWhit
Coordinator

Something else I noticed while going back through some voting history stuff.

Eaglefan voted for me on Day 2.

Then on Day 3, he said I'm leaning toward good.

He must have scanned me on Night 2. I can't understand why he'd do a turnaround like that otherwise.

Did we ever get an answer of if the Ghost Whisperer can talk to EF to see who he scanned and their result?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #777
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Sure. But why would you want to?

There's no evidence at all against me and the seer even said that I leaned toward good. I don't know if he scanned me or not, but it's more of an indication of innocence than almost anyone else has.

I have no intention to vote you but that is the kind of flawed logic that gets us in trouble. Now your point about him voting you day 2 then leaning towards good day 3 is a good one
Old 01-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #778
KWhit
Coordinator

Fair enough.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #779
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I may go back to CF. Something just doesn't sit right with me.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #780
saldana
Pro Starter

wow PB...that is possibly the single most awesome post in the history of WW as far as role reveals go

unfortunately, and this applies equally to Kwhit and even myself for that matter...both of your roles are listed as Good/Bad/Neutral, so even though there has been nothing to contradict either of your reveals, the fact that you are the gladiator and Kwhit is the vengeful god does absolutely nothing to change the fact that you may be a wolf.

that said, my vote for you this morning was more of a feeler than anything, and now that Kwhit has alleviated my earlier trepidations, i will cast the vote I actually want to cast

unvote purduebrad
vote crimson fox
Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #781
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, lol, it appears that lathum has the same unsettled feeling against our newest adversary.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #782
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So Hoops, knowing who KWhit is and who I am, feel free to pressure everyone else (including KWhit).

Yep, assuming that the reveal is not challenged I'm definitely feeling a little more liberated in terms of voting going forward.

However, I've really got to check some assumptions in light of the EF thing. I don't think it is possible for him to have scanned all the people on his list that would like to think that they were scanned. Honestly, I think he was more likely to have scanned you than KWhit.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #783
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep, assuming that the reveal is not challenged I'm definitely feeling a little more liberated in terms of voting going forward.

However, I've really got to check some assumptions in light of the EF thing. I don't think it is possible for him to have scanned all the people on his list that would like to think that they were scanned. Honestly, I think he was more likely to have scanned you than KWhit.

To go from being his voting choice for lynch to on his leans toward good list in the span of just one night (without me revealing anything) is a fairly large change of opinion, wouldn't you agree.

I also think it is very likely that he would scan me since he suspected me enough to vote for me. He may have also scanned PB, though. His posts about PB seem to suggest he did.

I almost think that he didn't scan Lathum or path since it really does seem illogical for a wolf to reveal that he rezzed Lathum. EF may have just assumed that that situation was a pretty open and shut case and didn't want to "waste" one of his scans on what was a pretty low percentage play.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #784
Autumn
Head Coach

It's a bit convenient that both PB and KWhit have roles that would make it unwise to lynch them. With no counterreveals (we'll see) we'll have to assume that it's true, but it's one of those things that may you say hmm. I still have not lost track of the possibility that they are both wolves, in which case of course they'd want to make voting either of them a poor choice. So I'm going to wait until everybody's had a chance to check in here.

Even with no counter reveals, I dislike having two of the people it would be most useful to lynch be semi-unlynchable. Also in the realm of paranoid possibilities, if they're both bad they would have been smart to swap role reveals to screw us up even more.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #785
Autumn
Head Coach

Saldana, I don't understand your voting. What made you feel better about PB, and why didn't you vote CF to begin with?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #786
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's a bit convenient that both PB and KWhit have roles that would make it unwise to lynch them. With no counterreveals (we'll see) we'll have to assume that it's true, but it's one of those things that may you say hmm. I still have not lost track of the possibility that they are both wolves, in which case of course they'd want to make voting either of them a poor choice. So I'm going to wait until everybody's had a chance to check in here.

Even with no counter reveals, I dislike having two of the people it would be most useful to lynch be semi-unlynchable. Also in the realm of paranoid possibilities, if they're both bad they would have been smart to swap role reveals to screw us up even more.

I actually disagree, my role might make it convenient to lynch me as I am like a duke with a coin toss. In that sense, you guys would have to trust who I would pick.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #787
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Honestly, I think he was more likely to have scanned you than KWhit.

I agree with this because of several of his questions and then our history.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #788
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Danny- Not that we would know the person's allegiance, but if the ghost whisperer talks to EF, can EF tell him who he scanned?

This would be allowed.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 PM   #789
path12
Coordinator

saldana's semi-reveals have confused me. I thought it interesting that yesterday he was fine with us assuming Survivor. Now the only other role that would make sense was Governor. I had been wondering if the Governor could pardon himself, and have confirmation from Danny that this is so.

Regardless, I believe he's been more evasive than he needs to be on this which doesn't seem to be a real pro-village stance so for that reason

VOTE SALDANA
Old 01-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #790
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My sense is saldana didn't let us believe anything. My guess is he made his post then played WoW and never checked back.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #791
The Jackal
Coordinator

hmm, interesting development, i shall order lunch and ponder these reveals/wait to see if there are counters
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #792
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, I don't understand your voting. What made you feel better about PB, and why didn't you vote CF to begin with?

i wanted to see if PB started scrambling, becoming overly defensive, etc, as wolves are known to do

i didnt vote CF to begin with because I wanted to see the results of my PB vote, and was also waiting to make sure that there was no counter to the Vengeful God claim, since I had already voted for CF once.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #793
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote CF
Old 01-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #794
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Did someone die and get to come back to life? When did Lazarus join the game?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #795
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
My sense is saldana didn't let us believe anything. My guess is he made his post then played WoW and never checked back.

QFT

Path, no one ever asked me directly...there was speculation, but given that I could be killed at night, I saw no reason to advertise that I am, in fact, the Govenor, which means, as I have said before, I will not be getting lynched tonight.

of course I cannot prove it without actually winning (losing) the vote, but i would refer you back to my Day 1 posts about the Crazy Granny, and even on Day 2, when I was asking who could reveal that could be verified by the Gov....almost as if I knew that the pardon would occur as I was predicting.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #796
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I actually disagree, my role might make it convenient to lynch me as I am like a duke with a coin toss. In that sense, you guys would have to trust who I would pick.

If you're a villager, definitely.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #797
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
QFT

Path, no one ever asked me directly...there was speculation, but given that I could be killed at night, I saw no reason to advertise that I am, in fact, the Govenor, which means, as I have said before, I will not be getting lynched tonight.

of course I cannot prove it without actually winning (losing) the vote, but i would refer you back to my Day 1 posts about the Crazy Granny, and even on Day 2, when I was asking who could reveal that could be verified by the Gov....almost as if I knew that the pardon would occur as I was predicting.

Well, you can prove it by using your power, it doesn't have to be you getting lynched.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #798
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, you can prove it by using your power, it doesn't have to be you getting lynched.

i thought about that, except this isnt the regular duke role...i dont get to move the lynch to someone else, i just get to stop the lynch...we are already running around blind after 2 straight days of no lynches, so I dont really think that it benefits the village to have a 3rd.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #799
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

OK, I went back and saw those posts.

UNVOTE SALDANA
Old 01-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #800
path12
Coordinator

BTW, that was a fabulous reveal post from Brad. I tried something like that once to show I was the seer.

And was lynched day 1.