Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #1051
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Well, we do have a murderer/stowaway (same person/different?) at this point. Getting a government in place could give us the means to find him or her.

Do we know that for sure?

We have a Sheriff. Surely gaining that role has given Thomkal some abilities to investigate this?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:23 AM   #1052
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Don't know who Danny is... since I don't go by that it must not be me. But I don't post here much anymore since I don't play well with the mods at times and I have a almost 2 year old at home now.

Amen to this. I believe my 2 year old keeps me out of a lot of trouble.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #1053
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Do we know that for sure?

We have a Sheriff. Surely gaining that role has given Thomkal some abilities to investigate this?

Thomkal seems to think that having the government in place will give him some abilities to aid in this. Whether that is truth or he's looking out for his own interests, I don't know. I tend to believe him though.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #1054
timmae
College Starter

Font: I recommend that the following people head over to the science research facility in order of preference so that you may determine how many we want to send. timmae, Narcizo, Raven, SharkN20
Old 02-19-2015, 09:27 AM   #1055
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thomkal seems to think that having the government in place will give him some abilities to aid in this. Whether that is truth or he's looking out for his own interests, I don't know. I tend to believe him though.

Okay, if that is true, that elevates Government for me quite a bit (given we have a murderer amongst us). Since the murderer killed off Schmidty, at the moment, we don't specifically need the Medical Facility for currently injured people (assuming we can't heal starvation of course ).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #1056
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I still believe we need a Medical Facility as soon as we can get one. We will need it.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:30 AM   #1057
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I'm hopelessly behind. I'm at the end of page 6, post 300. How in the world did I play this before? I'm determined to read through, though.

No worries bud.... glad to have ya! Who are you on the list though? replacing an inactive??!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:33 AM   #1058
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
No worries bud.... glad to have ya! Who are you on the list though? replacing an inactive??!

I'm not in the game, Tim. I'm just watching.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #1059
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I am of the opinion we will soon get our food from the biodome, so going to gather supplies is an unnecessary risk. We know that colony failed and ended in blood-curdling screams. That sounds like a lot more risk for relatively small gain, unless someone knows something more about what other supplies we could get from there that would really help us.

The surface will always be there. I think we need to establish our base, then we can go exploring the surface.

I also don't entirely get what we gain from fixing the communicator. Information from Earth? What information can help us? Will they ID the stowaway for us? I doubt that.

I have already made clear my feelings on a selection of the next project.

I think I'm coming around to the government thing now. HOwever what you say is incorrect. We have 2 days before the biodome starts kicking out dingdongs and funyons. We keep taking damage until then. We have got to get some food today.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #1060
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

maybe homer simpson did it!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #1061
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I think I'm coming around to the government thing now. HOwever what you say is incorrect. We have 2 days before the biodome starts kicking out dingdongs and funyons. We keep taking damage until then. We have got to get some food today.

Exactly this, but I believe the Biodome starts working tomorrow.

We need to get the government in place, but we need to find some Buggalo first.

I suggest we head to Wong Family Ranch.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #1062
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
If we lose health because we're hungry then surely eating will improve our health, albeit gradually.

And I don't think we (as a group) actually know EXACTLY what anything will get us. It's (semi) educated guesses at best. I guess that the medical base will help people recover from lowered health. What government will do? :shurg: Ditto comms.

until I see that for a fact I don't want to risk us all losing more. If it were just a couple people maybe.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #1063
DanGarion
Coordinator

Did I miss Schmidty dying?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #1064
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

um THomkal, you got any fingerprint gear?
Old 02-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #1065
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

no, he's right there *points*
Old 02-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #1066
timmae
College Starter

Quote:

Maybe... maybe not.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #1067
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Okay, if that is true, that elevates Government for me quite a bit (given we have a murderer amongst us). Since the murderer killed off Schmidty, at the moment, we don't specifically need the Medical Facility for currently injured people (assuming we can't heal starvation of course ).

Chief did you see anything about schmidty when you worked on him?
Old 02-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #1068
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

let's have a moment of silence for our friend schmidty. He never made it past the opening credits *sniff*
Old 02-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #1069
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

errrrrrrg soooooooooooo huuuuuuuuungry. schmidty right here. must resist.....must resist...
Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 AM   #1070
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I agree, arguing for government doesn't mean one doesn't think a medical facility or fixing the communicator or gathering supplies for today isn't important, it's trying to pick the most efficient and beneficial solution over the long term. Picking government today will improve our efficiency and prevent bickering amongst ourselves (so EF claims) at the cost of some health that may heal beginning Day 3 with the biodome being fully operational, plus per Thomkal may give us new options for defense / surveillance going forward.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #1071
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I actually said "soon" and didn't give a specific date for biodome food arrival. So what I said was absolutely correct.

And if the rate of health loss stays the same, we have some time before we all fall apart without food.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #1072
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief did you see anything about schmidty when you worked on him?

Here you go. Post #1042

Quote:
I don't know that we can offer much. Only Autumn and I were watching over him.

I was told about the reality star thing myself in my PM last night, as I apparently recognized him while monitoring him. I wasn't sure yet what to do with that information, but now it's out there and doesn't matter. That, and a health update, were all I got last night.

I'm frankly at a loss how to explain how a patient under two vigilant doctors could be strangled. It's not like we have anything else to do.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #1073
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Was this the Bull Moose Special?

Grooooan.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #1074
The Jackal
Coordinator

Project: Government
Action: Next Project
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #1075
The Jackal
Coordinator

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Biodome collapses because I didn't work on it, but alas, what can a scholar do but speculate and ridicule.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #1076
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Grooooan.

Inside joke?
Old 02-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #1077
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm sure a medical facility will be important, but I like the idea of potential stability that a government brings, especially in regards to defending ourselves and identifying saboteurs and such.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #1078
The Jackal
Coordinator

Also tempted to explore the surface, so I may re-consider the next project vote as the day goes on. I think supplies is a good one too and wouldn't be upset if it won.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #1079
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thomkal you need an assistant? I'll hold youd your bag and say things like "What's that, Doctor?" and "Great scott! That's remarkable Holmes!"
Old 02-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #1080
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thomkal you need an assistant? I'll hold youd your bag and say things like "What's that, Doctor?" and "Great scott! That's remarkable Holmes!"

You are the Barney Fife to his Andy Griffith.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #1081
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just checking in here-have a couple OOC things to take care of here, but obviously I'm very unhappy about Schmidty's death, but I received no information on it or anything else that might have happened during the night.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #1082
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You are the Barney Fife to his Andy Griffith.

I withdraw my application.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #1083
Zinto
College Starter

I am still think government is the best option for today. I don't think we should be running to explore the surface yet. I am too afraid that we don't have the right tools to go off on our own.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #1084
timmae
College Starter

Please do not take this as accusations... I am solely looking to find the truth.

For what it is worth (I'm a scientist, not a sherriff) I think that we need to keep eyes on both Autumn and Chief Rum. Both had the opportunity to murder Schmidty (EF said it was murder). I am not sure on the physical ability of either but if they are not very strong maybe this is why the took care of Schmidty right away when he couldn't fight back.

Autumn could be suspect due to trying to cast so much light onto DanGarion. While I think his points were valid was it to over the top? I.e. trying to implicate someone other than himself?

Chief Rum could be suspect because he hasn't really said a lot about his medical experience. ER... ok. That can mess a lot of people up pretty bad. It'd take more for Autumn as an administrator to hide his true colors (or maybe not, lol).

Can we really trust that either is really from the medical profession? Schmidty didn't get better in their care. Why didn't he? Maybe due to the conditions on Mars.

Discuss.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #1085
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day Two Options
the colony must decide
- Next project (Government, Medical Facility, fix communicator)
- Action (Collect supplies from supply drop, Work on next project, Explore the Surface)

Am I reading this wrong when I presume that the collecting supplies are those that were dropped with us and not supplies from the original colony mission?

And for clarification, are we splitting our tasks again so that we can accomplish a project and an action? Or do we have to choose work on next project as an action to complete the next project selection?
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #1086
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Inside joke?

I died from the original Bull Moose Special in a game more than a few years ago.

Last edited by Poli : 02-19-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #1087
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Tragedy Strikes

No one has checked on Schmidty lately. When you do you can't believe your eyes. He has no vital signs. He is dead.

You look around and all that you find is that it looks like he was strangled. This wasn't natural causes from the landing. This was foul play. There is a murderer among you.

I'm not sure we can point the finger at our physicians based on this statement. Nobody was checking on him apparently. So while they may have been attending to him over the course of day one, everyone is still a plausible suspect.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:36 AM   #1088
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please do not take this as accusations... I am solely looking to find the truth.

For what it is worth (I'm a scientist, not a sherriff) I think that we need to keep eyes on both Autumn and Chief Rum. Both had the opportunity to murder Schmidty (EF said it was murder). I am not sure on the physical ability of either but if they are not very strong maybe this is why the took care of Schmidty right away when he couldn't fight back.

Autumn could be suspect due to trying to cast so much light onto DanGarion. While I think his points were valid was it to over the top? I.e. trying to implicate someone other than himself?

Chief Rum could be suspect because he hasn't really said a lot about his medical experience. ER... ok. That can mess a lot of people up pretty bad. It'd take more for Autumn as an administrator to hide his true colors (or maybe not, lol).

Can we really trust that either is really from the medical profession? Schmidty didn't get better in their care. Why didn't he? Maybe due to the conditions on Mars.

Discuss.

I addressed much of this already, including the lack of serious improvement in Schmidty. I would go review those posts if I were you (one page back).

I'm not sure what else you want to know about the medical stuff.

I didn't get any feedback on what Autumn did or did not do for Schmidty, but then, from a real world perspective, I have very little understanding for how Schmidty could have been strangled directly under our care.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #1089
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Am I reading this wrong when I presume that the collecting supplies are those that were dropped with us and not supplies from the original colony mission?

And for clarification, are we splitting our tasks again so that we can accomplish a project and an action? Or do we have to choose work on next project as an action to complete the next project selection?

EF to confirm but the collecting supplies we are discussing right now is out supply drop that happened immediately preceding our landing on Mars. Not the previous landing attempt.

The vote is indeed split into 2 voting actions.

1st - Vote on the next project (which may not happen immediately due to Vote 2 below).

2nd - Vote on next action item, one of which would be the next project which is voted on in item 1 above. The next project could be delayed to future days if we elect a different action item for tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #1090
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Good question. Usually in these types of games, we can take multiple actions and their success and failure will be based on how many people are thrown at something, and what skills/abilities they have.

Do we know for sure that it is an either or situation on those colony decisions? EF?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #1091
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure we can point the finger at our physicians based on this statement. Nobody was checking on him apparently. So while they may have been attending to him over the course of day one, everyone is still a plausible suspect.

Dammit... where's Barney Fife?!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #1092
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF to confirm but the collecting supplies we are discussing right now is out supply drop that happened immediately preceding our landing on Mars. Not the previous landing attempt.

We definitely need confirmation on this because that is not my take at all. I believe that supply run is for the supplies from the first failed colony. I believe we are already at the drop point of our original supplies and presume we are in possession of those.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #1093
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
We definitely need confirmation on this because that is not my take at all. I believe that supply run is for the supplies from the first failed colony. I believe we are already at the drop point of our original supplies and presume we are in possession of those.

Exactly, we need to know specifically what our choices are. There is so much speculation going around (myself included) that our votes may be misguided if we don't nail the details down.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #1094
Grover
Pro Starter

Clarification would be excellent. If gathering supplies is from the first attempted colony, I would change to completing the next project over gathering supplies.

My vote hinges on this now.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #1095
timmae
College Starter

PM to EF sent.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #1096
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Discuss.

FWIW, I have mild mistrust in all leaders based on brit's comments about an attempt to buy support for his getting a leadership position, so that includes CR. At this point we have no options for removing people and very little else we can go on as far as determining loyalties, so I don't think there's much to be done about that at the moment. Just something to keep in mind.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #1097
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
um THomkal, you got any fingerprint gear?

Apparently all we brought along were blacklights and a solution that helps detect genetic material.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #1098
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Apparently all we brought along were blacklights and a solution that helps detect genetic material.

Too bad Schmidty is gone then, eh?!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:09 AM   #1099
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
errrrrrrg soooooooooooo huuuuuuuuungry. schmidty right here. must resist.....must resist...

We wouldn't really be breaking new ground here. Although feasting on the fallen would not provide us with water.

Anyone with cajun cooking experience?
Old 02-19-2015, 11:10 AM   #1100
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

The fact that Schmidty was killed under the care of the Chief and Autumn makes them appear more likely to be who they say they are. This seems to be a ploy to make it harder for us to heal injured people by having early mistrust head to those that treated him.