Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #101
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

March 11, 2005

Conference Tournament Quarterfinals

Big Twelve

(11) Texas A&M vs. (3) Oklahoma St. -- Texas A&M was looking for another upset after defeating Iowa St. in the 1st Round, but the Cowboys would have none of it, taking out A&M 82-61. Schaplowsky played 5 minutes, and hit a two pointer and a three pointer for 5 points.

ACC

(6) Miami vs. (3) Virginia -- The Hurricanes probably played their way into the NCAA Tournament with a 100-77 win over Virginia, as they forced 23 VA turnovers, as McGillicuddy continued to watch from the bench.

Big Ten

(5) Ohio St. vs. (4) #21 Iowa -- This was a great game, which was won at the free throw line, as Ohio St. hit 8 more free throws than the Hawkeyes, including 2 late for a 75-74 victory. While Elkin didn't score much, only getting 3 points, he did dish out 6 assists.

Conference Tournament Semifinals

Pac Ten

(5) #14 Arizona vs. (1) #12 UCLA -- This one wasn't even close, as the Wildcats rolled to a 47-33 halftime lead while outrebounding UCLA 43-26. They ended up winning 88-69. Because of foul trouble, Nights saw 20 minutes of action tonight, scoring 7 points.

Big East

(5) Georgetown vs. (1) #2 Syracuse -- In what was expected to be a pretty good battle, the Orange held the Hoyas to 29.4% shooting while cruising to a 78-57 victory. They will face UConn in the Big East Championship game. Verma missed his only shot in 7 minutes of action.

As for Sanders and UTEP, it looks like they will be heading somewhere in the postseason, as they pulled another upset tonight, beating (4) Tulsa 71-69. They will now play (2) SMU in the Conference USA Championship.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:45 PM   #102
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

March 12, 2005

Conference Tournament Semifinals

ACC

(6) Miami vs. (2) #10 Maryland -- The Hurricanes are definitely playing their best basketball right now, as they forced 29 Maryland turnovers and held the Terps to just 16 second half points in an easy 65-43 victory. They will meet the (1) Duke Blue Devils in the ACC Championship.

Big Ten

(5) Ohio St. vs. (1) #3 Illinois -- It appears that the first meeting between these two teams was a fluke, as Illinois has pounded Ohio St. the last 2 games, including a 104-76 victory tonight. It was a tough night for Elkin as well, as he only played 17 minutes because of foul trouble, and scored 4 points.

Big Twelve

(3) Oklahoma St. vs. (2) #13 Texas -- The Cowboys gave Texas all they wanted, but Texas had a little deeper bench which proved to be the difference as Texas won 69-64. Schaplowsky played 14 minutes tonight, only scoring 4 points.

Conference Tournament Championships

Big East

(2) #6 UConn vs. (1) #2 Syracuse -- This was another great matchup, as it was nip and tuck most of the way, but UConn had a little more than the Orange tonight as they won 62-56. Verma played 5 minutes and did not get his name into the scorebook with any stats.

The magical run ended for UTEP, as they were defeated by SMU in the Conference USA Championship game, 69-55. More than likely the Miners will be in the NIT.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #103
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Yes go uconn...they are just preparing for me...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #104
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

March 13, 2005

Conference Tournament Championship

ACC

(6) Miami vs. (1) #1 Duke -- The run also ended for Miami, as they were blasted by the Blue Devils, 117-65. Now they'll have to wait to see if they'll be dancing.

Postseason for our Recruits and Teams

4 of our teams made the NCAA Tournament:

Ohio St.- #6 Midwest Region
Oklahoma St.- #6 South Region
Syracuse- #1 East Region
UCLA- #4 East Region

2 teams made the NIT:

Miami- #2 West Region
New Mexico- #6 South Region

Not surprisingly, Cal and Kyle Kappe will be sitting at home this postseason, but I'm a little surprised and dissapointed to announce that Jonathan Sanders and the UTEP Miners were kept out of the postseason. It's hard to believe they couldn't even get an NIT bid.

The reports from the first couple rounds of the tournaments will probably come later tonight, or tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #105
rjolley
College Starter

How's Florida doing?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:31 AM   #106
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Damn! I just saw this. That injury blows. I hope they do redshirt me.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #107
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms
Jonathan Sanders and the UTEP Miners were kept out of the postseason. It's hard to believe they couldn't even get an NIT bid.

Bah, what garbage!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #108
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

RJolley- Florida is the #2 seed in the South Region, behind #1 seed Duke.

NIT First Round

South Region -- (6) New Mexico @ (3) UL-Lafayette -- The Lobos got off to a blazing start, shooting 54.1% from the field in a 98-86 victory. Butts had a solid all-around game, scoring 20 points, grabbing 6 boards, and getting 5 assists.

West Region -- (7) LSU @ (2) Miami -- The Hurricanes, who are playing without the services of McGillicuddy, advanced to the second round with an 84-72 victory over the Tigers. Miami was 5-9 from three point land, which made a big difference in the game.

NCAA First Round

Midwest Region -- (11) Pepperdine vs. (6) Ohio St. -- The Buckeyes outrebounding Pepperdine by 15, as they didn't play their best game of the season but held on to win 75-61. While Elkin missed all 4 of his shots and didn't score, he did contribute with 4 rebounds and 5 assists.

East Region -- (16) Valparaiso vs. (1) #5 Syracuse -- The Orange had no trouble with this first round game, scoring almost as many points in the first half than Valpo did in the entire game. Syracuse led 43-19 at halftime and won 95-45. They committed 24 turnovers while giving up just 3. Verma did see 10 minutes of action and scored 7 points.

South Region -- (11) Oklahoma vs. (6) Oklahoma St. -- The Cowboys won this battle of conference foes, but it certainly wasn't an easy win. Oklahoma St. was down by 10 early in the second half, but came back to win 71-64. Schaplowsky played 6 minutes and hit both his shots for 2 points.

East Region -- (13) Troy St. vs. (4) #21 UCLA -- This game was close for a while, but the Bruins extended the lead to 10 at halftime and won 90-56. Nights saw 2 minutes of mop-up duty tonight, something he's not pleased with.

NIT Second Round

South Region -- (6) New Mexico @ (2) Wisconsin -- This was a classic game, as the Lobos needed OT to knock off Wisconsin. Butts scored 16 points in the victory, but only made 1-6 free throws.

West Region -- (3) Miami @ (2) Indiana St. -- Miami continues to stay hot down the stretch, as they got a 22 point rebounding effort from Gary Hamilton. McGillicuddy continues to impress as a cheerleader, as the Canes won 73-60.

NCAA Second Round

Midwest Region -- (6) Ohio St. vs. (3) #10 Kansas -- This was a pretty good game all the way, but The Buckeyes ended their season with a 74-66 loss to KU. Elkin had 4 points and 2 assists.

East Region -- (9) Iowa vs. (1) #5 Syracuse -- Another easy win for the Orange, as they led by 9 at halftime and won 71-56. Verma played 7 minutes but missed his only 2 shots.

South Region -- (6) Oklahoma St. vs. (3) #6 Arizona -- It was a dissapointing end to the season for the Cowboys, as they just didn't show up tonight. They played decent in the first half, trailing by 13 at halftime, but they ended up losing 96-65. Schaplowsky played 9 minutes and scored 9 points, and had 4 assists.

East region -- (5) #18 Temple vs. (4) #21 UCLA -- UCLA played a strong first half, only trailing by 4 at halftime. The second half saw Temple take control with a 75-60 victory. Nights was not a factor, scoring 4 points in 6 minutes of action.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:37 PM   #109
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

What happened to Oregon?

C'mon now, the Greatest Point Guard In History takes the court next year. We need to know these things.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:09 PM   #110
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Coffee Warlord- Oregon lost in the semifinals in the Pac-Ten Tournament. They were selected to the NCAA Tournament as the #8 seed in the South Region. They beat Georgetown in the 1st Round, then pulled a shocker as they knocked off #1 Duke in the 2nd round. They will now play #4 seed Missouri in the Sweet Sixteen
Old 04-23-2005, 09:11 PM   #111
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

NIT Quarterfinals

South Region -- (6) New Mexico @ (1) Tulsa -- The Lobos held Tulsa to just 34.5% shooting as they advanced to Madison Square Garden for the NIT Semifinals, defeating the Golden Hurricane 75-64. It was another solid effort for Butts, who scored 16 points and pulled down 6 rebounds.

West Region -- (2) Miami @ (4) Seton Hall -- The Hurricanes rolled to an easy victory over Seton Hall, beating their former Big East rivals 96-71. The shooting was unbelievable, as Miami shot 60% from the field. Wow!

NCAA Sweet Sixteen

East Region -- (5) #18 Temple vs. (1) #5 Syracuse -- When you hold teams to just 33.3% shooting, you're more likely to win games, and that's what happened tonight, as the Orange beat the Owls 74-58 to advance to the Elite Eight. Verma scored 2 points and had 2 assists in 6 minutes of action.

NCAA Elite Eight

East Region -- (3) #8 North Carolina vs. (1) #5 Syracuse -- This was just a fabulous basketball game to watch tonight, as neither team wanted their season to come to an end. In fact, it took an extra 5 minutes to solve this game, but the Orange finally prevailed 99-96 to advance to the Final Four! Not that you can read to much into it because of lack of minutes and shots, but Verma was perfect shooting tonight, going 1-1 from the field and 2-2 from the line for 4 points.

NIT Final Four

Miami vs. Georgia Tech -- This was the rubber match between these 2 ACC teams, and it was a thriller. The Hurricanes held off a late G-Tech charge to advance to the NIT Championship with an 88-86 victory!

Princeton vs. New Mexico -- Somebody forgot to tell the Lobos that their were supposed to bring their basketball skills to MSG, as they only shot 37% from the field, and got their butts handed to them, 92-68. Butts fouled out tonight, but did score 14 points while playing 26 minutes.

NIT Consolation

Georgia Tech vs. New Mexico -- Once again the Lobos forgot to show up. While their shooting was respectable, they let G-Tech score 106 points and shoot 53.6% from the field. The Lobos can take some satisfaction in finishing 4th in a postseason tournament however. Butts can also take some satisfaction in a solid freshman season, and he led the team tonight with 22 points.

NIT Championship

Miami vs. Princeton -- What a way to end the NIT, as we had a nip and tuck game all night long. The lead changed about 15 times tonight, and once again, it took an extra 5 minutes. But McGillicuddy and his Miami Hurricanes are the 2005 NIT Champions with a 106-105 victory!

NCAA National Semifinal

#2 Illinois vs. #5 Syracuse -- Another thrilling college basketball game, as the Orange took a 10 point lead into the locker room, then let Illinois come all the way back. A bucket with 2 seconds left propelled the Orange into the national championship game however, as they won 79-77. Verma hit his only shot attempt tonight, a three pointer.

NCAA Championship

#5 Syracuse vs. #16 Maryland -- The Orange were the favorites in this one, and they didn't dissapoint as they took a 13 point halftime lead and won the national championship by a score of 76-61. Verma scored 3 points in 4 minutes of action.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #112
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

NBA News:

It was a dissapointing season for Bryce Good, who went the entire season without a team, and don't look for it to get any better. Word has it that if he goes all next year without a team, he'll quit.

Season Awards:

The awards have been announced, so let's see if any of our recruits are highlighted.

Only 3 of our recruits got awards, as Travis Elkin was named the Big Ten Freshman of the year, Brian Butts was the Mountain West Freshman of the Year, and Kyle Kappe was the Pac Ten Freshman of the Year. Congratulations to you guys.

Well guys, this wraps up season #1 of this interactive dynasty, and now is when I ask for feedback. How do you guys like this dynasty report? Is there something that you think I could do different? Add to the report? Take out of the report? Your feedback is wanted and appreciated, as it will help me to decide if I make any changes to this report. I do enjoy doing this for you guys, although next season could be time consuming since I'll be tracking the results and stats for 15 players instead of 7. Anyways, give me feedback please!
Old 04-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #113
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I it is going well especially with the extra players next year
Old 04-24-2005, 10:34 AM   #114
PatchMK
n00b

ive been enjoing it and can't wait till the recruting period of my player next year.....keep up the good work
PatchMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:24 AM   #115
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

The only thing I know how to do is win.

Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #116
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I have been enjoying it too. It will be even better when Kentucky wins the championship for the next 4 years.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #117
PatchMK
n00b

just was wondering if we were goin to start season 3 any time soon im really excited about getting my player on the recruiting trail
Old 04-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #118
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I appreciate all the interest I'm getting in this, but I have to say, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. So I think I'm going to close it....... just kidding! Now, on a serious note, I've had a busy week, and just haven't felt up to getting into the next season yet. Fear not, however, as this weekend should see a lot of catch-up duty. I should have many posts this weekend, if all works out.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #119
PatchMK
n00b

while i know u were joking about the not as much fun for me part i was thinking that something intresting might b if u made a coach(yourself and took over a division 1 program and could try to recruit some of the upcoming players and c how u fair against the teams with the already recruited player and such
Old 04-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #120
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I may try that at some point. I'm always trying to come up with ways to have more fun with this game.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #121
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Guys, I totally screwed up the dates on my posts, but we are currently in May of 2005, so disregard all the other dates.

NBA News

As expected, Bryce Good decided he didn't want to be a free agent this year, so he has went overseas. Good luck to him. (I couldn't find his name anywhere when I went to the edit current league, so I just assume he's been taken off for whatever reason. If he reappears, I'll pop him back in the game.)

Assistant Coach: Jonathan Sanders

Once again Jonathan is moving teams, this time going to BYU to be the lead scout. He has a chance to make New Mexico and Brian Butts' life a living hell for the next 3 years, or however long he chooses to stay.

Let's take a look now at how our 7 teams did that picked up our elite eight recruits from last year.

Florida- The Gators picked up both Coy Childress and Rick Jolley, as they finished 29-6 last season, but saw an early exit from the NCAA Tournament, as they were bounced in the second round.

Stanford- The Cardinal finished 21-12, and lost in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. JeeberD Mack will be eagerly awaiting his time there.

Kentucky- The Wildcats picked up Deke Prosser. They were 28-10 last season, with a loss in the sweet sixteen.

Arkansas- Sean Treacy will be going to a Razorback team that had a tough season, finishing 15-16 overall, and not making the postseason.

UConn- UConn signed Dylan Airhart, as they were 29-7 and lost in the sweet sixteen last year.

Maryland- The Terps signed Danny Wilson, as they were 31-8, and lost in the National Championship game to Sunny Verma's Syracuse squad.

Oregon- The Ducks had a nice postseason run, finishing 23-11, but making it all the way to the Elite Eight. Rob Nielsen will be going here.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 04-30-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #122
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

There are 3 recruits this year, only 3. I WILL NOT be accepting anymore recruits until further notice, so DO NOT send me any recruit information. I'll have 18 players to track next season, and that's more than enough. Let's just take a quick glance at these recruits.

SG Colton Mayes (6-6, 225, Desert Mountain HS, Scottsdale, AZ) - ranked #3 in nation.
Top 5 Schools: Kansas, Illinois, Michigan St., Syracuse, Stanford
Scouting Report: Colton is having a tremendous senior year thus far, averaging 20 points and 6 rebounds a game. He is a strong shooter all-around, but his main weakness is defense, as he gets burned a lot. He has talked about going to the NBA, but I think it would be a bit of a mistake. While he would probably get on with a team and earn a few minutes, he can do much better in college.

PG A.J. Tucker (6-2, 185, City HS, Iowa City, IA) - #32
Top 5 Schools: Illinois, Kansas, Iowa, Indiana, Texas
Scouting Report: A.J. is an above average player, with lots of room for potential. Right now he's only averaging 8 points and 3.8 assists a game, and also 3.1 turnovers a game. He's got to work on taking better care of the ball. He has the potential to do it.

PG Patrick Kelley (6-5, 200, DuPont Manual HS, Louisville, KY) - #17
Top 5 Schools: Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Duke, Tulsa
Scouting Report: While Patrick is averaging 13.5 ppg, he is only shooting 9.7% from three point range. He has got to work on his shooting more if he is to be an effective college player. Defensively he seems to be very solid, as he comes up with 3.1 steals a game. He just needs to hit the gym and take about 50 three pointers a day.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #123
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 2004:

Good news as all three of our eligible recruits this year have already signed, and let me tell you, there are a couple big surprises in there. Also, none of our recruits declared for the NBA draft, as have none of our current college players that were recruited. Looks like everybody is gonna do the college thing next year. Now, let's get to our recruits.

SG Colton Mayes(GA)

The Missouri Tigers weren't even on Colton's top 5 list at first check, but they recruited him, offered him visits, and offered him a scholarship, which proved to be the difference. Colton will be a Missouri Tiger next year. "I wanted to either play in the Big Ten or the Big Twelve, and Missouri kept impressing me the more I talked with them, so I decided it was a good fit."

PG A.J. Tucker(IA)

This is no big surprise here, as A.J. will be staying home for college, as he inked with the Iowa Hawkeyes. "I wanted to be close to home, right in Big Ten country. I couldn't think of passing up Iowa's scholarship offer. This way I can still hang out with all my friends and stuff."

PG Patrick Kelley(KY)

Patrick's shooting woes seemed to be more of a problem than we realized, as none of his top schools wanted to take a chance on him. "I was pretty much told by Duke and Tulsa that I wouldn't play next year, and Indiana and Iowa didn't offer me a schollie. There is one school that grabbed my attention though." What school is it? Well, it's a school that is not in a power conference, barely even a mid-major conference. You stumped yet? Well, you'll be as shocked as I was when I tell you that Patrick signed with the Creighton Bluejays. Creighton?? Are you serious Patrick?? "Well hey, they aren't that bad of a school, they have a history of going to the NCAA Tournament, and sometimes they even pull an upset. Doesn't seem like that long ago they went to the Sweet Sixteen. Hopefully I can take them back there again."
Old 04-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #124
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2005-06 Season Preview

Depth Charts

First the big news, as SF Larry McGillicuddy is still 3 months away from recovering from his ACL injury, which means he wouldn't be back until February. Miami didn't want him to waste almost a full season and not be able to play, or even suit up, so they've granted Larry's request to be redshirted. So Larry, you got your wish. I'll still follow your team this year just so you know how they are doing. Now, onto the other 14 players.

Sean Treacy (Arkansas) - 5th off the bench, but should see decent action.
Kyle Kappe (California) - Starting SG
Dylan Airhart (UConn) - 4th off the bench, probably won't play much this year
Rick Jolley (Florida) - 1st off the bench
Coy Childress (Florida) - 9th off the bench, probably won't play much this yr
Deke Prosser (Kentucky) - 1st off the bench
Danny Wilson (Maryland) - 3rd off the bench
Brian Butts (New Mexico) - Starting SG
Travis Elkin (Ohio St.) - Starting PG
Mike Schaplowsky (Oklahoma St.) - Starting SG
Rob Nielsen (Oregon) - Going out of his role to start at SG
JeeberD Mack (Stanford) - 2nd off the bench
Sunny Verma (Syracuse) - Starting SG
Jeff Nights (UCLA) - 4th off the bench

Preseason Rankings

8 of our 15 recruits have teams ranked in the top 25, while Larry McGillicuddy has Miami receiving 21 votes.

Florida is ranked #1, UConn is ranked #2, Maryland ranked #9, Syracuse ranked #10, UCLA ranked #11, California ranked #18, and Ohio St. ranked #24.

Preseason Tournaments

Coaches Invitational

Syracuse - #1 seed
UConn- #2 seed
Miami- #5 seed

Great Alaska Classic

Maryland - #1 seed

Preseason NIT

Florida - #2 seed
Stanford - #3 seed

Maui Shootout

Kentucky - #2 seed
New Mexico - #5 seed

Rainbow Invitational

Ohio St. - #3 seed

Las Vegas Invitational

UCLA- #1 seed
Oklahoma St. - #2 seed
California - #6 seed

San Juan Classic

Arkansas - #6 seed

Oregon was not selected to play in a preseason tournament this year.

I will probably have all the preseason tournament reports for you guys tomorrow, then get a good track into the regular season during the next few days.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:13 PM   #125
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No respect for Oregon?

Oh, that will change, oh yes. Nielsen will light it up!
Old 04-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #126
PatchMK
n00b

if u could could u give me the recruiters page of patrick i want to c his ratigns and potential
Old 05-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #127
JeeberD
General Manager

The Preseason NIT is Stanford's for the taking!

Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 PM   #128
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

PatchMK, per your request, here is your recruiting card:

RECRUIT DETAILS

#14 PG Patrick Kelley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 200
High School: DuPont Manual High School
Hometown: Louisville, KY
GPA: 2.76
Test Score: 1150
Rating: ****

Attributes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK PFS QKN STR JMP STA
Current: 63 26 44 49 40 32 2 19 33 55 52 8 56 85 42 70 51
Potential: A C B C B B F D C C A F

Season Stats:
PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS
13.5 0.8 3.4 3.1 2.2 1.39 3.1 0.1 2.7

Shooting Averages:
FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P%
6.1 13.8 .444 1.0 2.0 .513 0.3 3.1 .097

Recruiting Notes:
Qualified: Yes
Committed to Creighton
Rankings: #17 Overall, #5 PG, Southeast Region #3 Overall, Southeast Region #2 PG
High School Awards: All-State
Top 5 Schools: *Creighton, Iowa, Duke, Tulsa, St. Bonaventure
Old 05-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #129
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Coaches Invitational

1st round

#10 Syracuse vs. S.C. State -- This game was a rout, as the Orange led by 24 at the half, and capitalized on 23 S.C. State turnovers to win 71-45, advancing to the quarterfinals. In his first start, Verma was impressive, scoring 10 points and pulling down 4 rebounds.

#2 UConn vs. Rider -- The Huskies held Rider to just 30% shooting as they rolled to a 75-46 victory. It was not a very good debut for Airhart however, as he only played 9 minutes and did not contribute.

Miami vs. Nebraska -- The Hurricanes, playing this whole season without McGillicuddy, didn't let that stop them as they advanced to the quarterfinals with a tough 75-66 victory.

Quarterfinals

#10 Syracuse vs. Mississippi St. -- A slow start cost the Orange tonight, as they committed 19 turnovers and trailed by 15 at halftime, ultimately losing 87-75. Verma scored 8 points and grabbed 4 boards.

#2 UConn vs. Auburn -- The Huskies continued to roll early on, shooting 51% from the field ans outrebounding Auburn 55-27 in a dominating 98-64 victory. Airhart managed to score his first points in his college career, picking up a late basket. Those were his only points of the game in 10 minutes.

#23 Oklahoma vs. Miami -- It could be a long season for the Hurricanes without Mcgillicuddy, as they failed to find any significant leadership on the court tonight. They scored only 14 points in the second half, and lost 80-52.

Semifinals

#2 UConn vs. Louisville -- The Huskies haven't been tested yet in 2 games. Well, make it 3 after tonight as they dominated the Cardinals 92-59. They shot an unbelivable 58.6% from the field tonight, and had only 7 turnovers all game. Airhart played 11 minutes tonight, and had a season high 5 points. He also had 4 assists with only 1 turnover.

Championship

#2 Uconn vs. Mississippi St. -- UConn was tested tonight by an upset minded Bulldogs team. They led by only 1 at the half, but hit a couple big buckets late to pull away, as they won the Coaches Classic by a 64-56 margin. Airhart continues to impress with his ball handling, again dishing out 4 assists, with no turnovers in 13 minutes tonight.

2 other freshmen made their debuts tonight, as Stanford took on Iowa St., and Kentucky played Tulsa.

Iowa St. @ Stanford -- Stanford scored 61 first half points, and it's a good thing they did, because they followed that up with 28 second half points. It was more than enough however, as they rolled to an 89-68 victory. JeeberD Mack had an unimpressive debut, playing 10 minutes but only grabbing 1 rebound.

Kentucky @ Tulsa -- The Hurricanes led by 10 at halftime, then got some big breaks in the second half to upset Kentucky 71-67. Deke Prosser did play 16 minutes, but only scored 1 point and picked up 3 fouls.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #130
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 14-20

Key Games and Performances

Nov. 14 -- Rob Nielsen had a nice debut tonight as he scored 15 points on 6-8 shooting as Oregon beat Canisius 100-68.

Nov. 15 -- Elkin had a field day at the free throw line tonight, making 14-16 and scoring 18 points. Ohio St. beat BYU in a tough game, 68-61.

Nov. 18 -- Ohio St. and New Mexico squared off tonight, as the Buckeyes won another game, beating the Lobos 86-71. The individual matchup of top recruits was pretty good, as Butts scored 20 points while Elkin had 16 points and 7 assists. He also went 9-9 from the line.

Nov. 19 -- Nights went 4-7 from the field and 6-7 from the line for 14 points as #10 UCLA beat UC Irvine 83-56.

Individual Details

SF Sean Tracy -- 2 points and 5 rebounds, 4 offensive vs. SW Missouri St.(W 105-87); missed all 6 shots from the field and scored 2 points, but had 4 rebounds vs. Morris Brown(W 89-62)

SG Kyle Kappe -- 21 points on 9-19 shooting vs. Morgan St.(W 84-41)

PG Dylan Airhart -- He and his Huskies had no games this week after winning the Coaches Invitational last week.

PF Rick Jolley -- 4 points and 2 rebounds in 10 minutes @ South Alabama(W 72-51); 10 points and 4 rebounds vs. Butler(W 101-50)

C Coy Childress -- Did not play this week; @ South Alabam(W 72-51); vs. Butler(W 101-50)

PF Deke Prosser -- 5 points on just 2-7 shooting vs. Eastern Illinois(W 90-55)

C Danny Wilson -- 7 points and 9 big rebounds vs. Army(W 103-34) ouch!; just 2 points and 3 rebounds vs. Ball St.(W 102-73)

SF Larry McGillicuddy -- redshirting this year; no games for Miami this week.

SG Brian Butts -- 17 points but 7 turnovers @ New Mexico St.(W 62-60); 20 points @ Ohio St.(L 86-71)

PG Travis Elkin -- 14-16 from the line and 18 points @ BYU(W 68-61); 16 points and 7 assists vs. New Mexico(W 86-71); 12 points, 5 assists @ Kent St.(W 80-69)

SG Mike Schaplowsky -- good night/bad night, had 16 points, but also committed 8 turnovers @ #11 Indiana(L 83-62)

PG Rob Nielsen -- 15 points on 6-8 from the field and 1-2 from the line @ Canisius(W 100-68)

PF JeeberD Mack -- 6 points, 2 rebounds vs. Louisiana-Monroe(W 91-73)

SG Sunny Verma -- He and the Orange had no games this week.

SF Jeff Nights -- 5 points and 3 steals vs. Pepperdine(W 81-44); 4-7 from the field and 6-7 from the line for 14 points vs. UC Irvine(W 83-56)

It's quite a week for our recruits and their teams as far as the polls go. Almost every team is either in the top 25 or receiving votes this year.

Florida is ranked #1 receiving 71 first place votes, UConn is ranked #2, and they received the other first place vote, UCLA is #5, Ohio St. is #7, Maryland is #11, and Stanford is #22. Also, California received 28 votes, Syracuse received 17, and Arkansas and Oregon each received 1 lone vote.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:34 PM   #131
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Marylands gunna run SHIZ
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #132
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I am the MAN.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #133
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Guys, I'm doing this next week in 2 different posts, because there are 4 tournaments going on this week, with recruited players and teams in all of them. So in this first post I'm going to be doing the Maui Shootout and the Las Vegas Invitational.

Nov. 21, 2005

2005 Maui Invitational

Kentucky vs. Dayton -- The Wildcats had no trouble with this first round game, shooting 60.3% and jumping out to a 63-28 halftime lead. Prosser scored 5 points and pulled down 9 rebounds.

#6 Utah vs. New Mexico -- The Lobos could never really get into this game, shooting just 25%, and scoring only 17 first half points. They eventually fell 68-40. Butts scored 15 points in the losing effort.

2005 Las Vegas Invitational

#5 UCLA vs. Butler -- The Bruins outrebounded Butler 54-28 and broke open a 7 point halftime lead to win going away, 79-51. Nights did not play tonight, as he is still recovering from a bruised hip he suffered last week.

Oklahoma St. vs. Delaware -- The Cowboys were a perfect 20-20 from the free throw line tonight, and were never tested as they won 94-64. Schaplowsky had by far his best game ever, going 12-20 from the field, 7-7 from the line, and 4-10 from three point land. He finished with 35 points and 5 boards.

#10 Indiana vs. California -- The Golden Bears gave a solid effort tonight, but couldn't overcome a 14 point halftime deficit as they lost 96-86. Kappe had 12 points and 6 assists in the losing effort.

Nov. 22, 2005

2005 Maui Invitational

Kentucky vs. Memphis -- The Tigers proved to be a tough foe tonight, but eventually Kentucky held on for the 81-77 victory. Prosser was 4-5 from the line tonight and scored 6 points.

New Mexico vs. TCU -- This was a great game tonight, as the Lobos had a 4 point halftime lead, and they held on for a 68-66 victory. Butts had 11 points tonight.

#5 UCLA vs. #4 Wake Forest -- In a game between top 5 teams, the Bruins used a 41-29 rebounding edge to advance to the championship game with a tough 71-64 victory. Once again, Nights did not play.

#10 Indiana vs. Oklahoma St. -- The Cowboys did everything they could to win this game, including forcing 14 IU turnovers, but the Hoosiers were just too strong, as they held on for an 82-80 victory. Schaplowsky had another outstanding effort, scoring 23 points on 8-17 shooting.

Delaware vs. California -- In a shocking loss, the Golden Bears will be playing in the 7th place game tomorrow after being beaten tonight by a score of 80-78. Even the strong play of Kappe couldn't help, as he scored 26 points and had 7 assists.

Nov. 23, 2005

2005 Maui Invitational

Kentucky vs. #20 Illinois -- The Wildcats rolled to the Maui Invitational championship with a 93-85 win over the Illini. Prosser did not score in his 14 minutes of action, but did pull down 4 boards.

BYU vs. New Mexico -- The Lobos ended up taking 6th in the tournament after being blasted 78-51 by BYU. Butts could only manage 10 points of 4-16 shooting, but did grab 6 boards.

#10 Indiana vs. #5 UCLA -- Indiana was clearly the better team tonight, coming back from a 2 point halftime deficit to win 88-73. Nights returned to action and played 12 minutes, going just 1-6 from the field. His only basket made was a three pointer for his only 3 points of the night.

#4 Wake Forest vs. Oklahoma St. -- The Cowboys clearly showed they don't belong in the rankings yet, losing 77-55 to Wake, and gathering 4th place in the Invitational. Schaplowsky went 7-11 from the field, scoring 16 points.

California vs. Pepperdine -- Everything turned out ok, as the Golden Bears salvaged 7th place in the tournament. They beat Pepperdine 78-53. Kappe scored 18 points, grabbed 4 boards, and had 5 assists.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:17 PM   #134
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 22nd

2005 Preseason NIT

1st Round

#1 Florida vs. Texas A&M -- The Gators opened up the Preseason NIT with a solid 87-62 victory to advance to the quarterfinals. Jolley scored 6 points and had 3 rebounds, whileChildress is still looking for his first action of the season.

#22 Stanford vs. Niagara -- This is a game that was much, much closer than expected. In fact, Niagara had a 2 point halftime lead, and outshot the Cardinal 52% to 47.4%. The difference was in the rebounding edge, where Stanford had 47 rebounds to just 22 for Niagara. Mack had a pretty solid effort, scoring 8 points and pulling down 7 rebounds.

Nov. 23rd

2005 Great Alaska Shootout

#11 Maryland vs. Richmond -- The Terps had no trouble in this first round matchup, disposing of Richmond by a 98-49 score. Wilson wasn't very productive tonight, scoring 1 point with 2 rebounds in 13 minutes.

Nov. 24th

2005 Preseason NIT

#1 Florida vs. Hofstra -- Florida continued to roll, holding the Pride to just 28% shooting from the field in an 85-50 win. Jolley hit his only shot attempt for his 2 points, and also had 2 rebounds, while Childress again stayed on the end of the bench the whole game.

#22 Stanford vs. Mississippi -- A much better game for the Cardinal, as they forced 23 turnovers and had a 30 point halftime lead, cruising to an easy 99-57 victory. Mack was 3-3 from the field and 1-1 from the line for 7 points in the victory.

Nov. 25th

#11 Maryland vs. #16 Iowa -- The Hawkeyes just couldn't get started in this one, scoring only 19 first half points, as Maryland moves to the championship game with a 68-55 victory. Wilson hit 2 free throws for his only 2 points, and also had 3 rebounds.

Nov. 26th

#11 Maryland vs. #13 Michigan St. -- The Terps are getting a great look at the Big Ten early, as they battled another Big Ten foe in the championship game. Surprisingly, this was an easy victory for Maryland, as they held the Spartans to just 26 first half points in the 96-72 win, giving them the Great Alaska Shootout championship. Wilson didn't score, but did pull down 4 boards.

Other games this week

Nov. 22 -- Syracuse got back on the winning track, holding off #9 Alabama 63-62. Verma didn't have his greatest game, scoring only 6 points. He did pull down 4 boards however.

Nov. 22 -- Miami was very consistent tonight in the 64-52 win against Georgia, holding a 10-15 point lead most of the game. McGillicuddy stayed at home and did not make the trip to UGA.

Nov. 26 -- Treacy had 5 points and 4 boards as Arkansas blasted Southern 87-45.

Nov. 26 -- #2 UConn continued their hot tear, winning easily against Army, 112-52. Airhart scored 5 points and had 4 assists in 8 minutes.

Nov. 27 -- An an in-state battle, California made Cal Poly look like a high school team tonight, winning 88-33. Kappe scored 11 of his 21 points from the free throw line, and also added 6 rebounds and 6 assists.

Nov. 27 -- #17 Tennessee went down at the hands of Oklahoma St. tonight, but the Cowboys had to overcome a 9 point deficit to do it. Schaplowsky continues to have the hot hand, scoring 17 points on 6-9 from the field and 4-4 from the line.

The Top 25 polls continue to be dominated by our recruits and respective teams. Florida remains #1, followed by UConn at #2. Maryland moves up to 5th and Stanford moves up to 10th, while UCLA drops to 11th and Ohio St. to 12th. Arkansas, Oregon, and Syracuse all enter the rankings, with Oregon 19th, Arkansas 24th, and Syracuse 25th. California is honorable mention with 44 votes.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:10 AM   #135
JeeberD
General Manager

Can't complain about my solid contribution as a true freshman to the #10 team in the nation...

Old 05-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #136
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll turn it around, but right now chalk up the W's.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #137
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Eh...Im amazing...I am averaging almost an assist every other minute...30 mins a game thats 15 assists...yeah im amazing...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #138
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 28-Dec. 4

Nov. 30

2005 Preseason NIT

#1 Florida vs. #10 Stanford -- These 2 teams met in the semifinals of the Preseason NIT, and the Gators broke open a 3 point halftime lead to advance to the championship game with an 84-63 win. It was a game to forget for Mack, who played only 3 minutes before fouling out. Childress remained on the bench the whole game, while Jolley spent most of his 10 minutes at the free throw line, where he made 9-10 FT and ended up with 13 points.

Dec. 2

2005 Preseason NIT

#1 Florida vs. #4 Arizona -- This was a classic battle, as neither team wanted to lose. Both teams had their shooting woes, but 20 turnovers by the Gators did them in, as they lost 62-59. Once again Childress made a home on the bench, and Jolley might as well have done the same, as he played 13 minutes, didn't attempt a shot, and missed his only 2 free throws.

Other Key Games and Performances

Nov. 28 -- In another evenly matched game, #11 UCLA shot just a little bit better than Kentucky, as they beat the Wildcats 75-71. Prosser scored 2 points in 15 minutes for Kentucky, while Nights had a great game, scoring 16 points, grabbing 5 boards, and getting 3 assists.

Nov. 29 -- This was a battle of 2 of our top recruited SG, but neither the individual or the team battle were impressive, as California beat New Mexico 103-83. Neither SG was overly impressive, as Butts had 11 points and 5 assists, while Kappe had 11 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists.

Dec. 1 -- Butts made up for his average effort against Cal with a 24 point effort on 8-16 from the field and 7-8 from the line as New Mexico kept Air Force winless, 93-81.

Dec. 2 -- Schaplowsky was unstoppable tonight, as he went 9-16 from the field and 9-10 from the line, along with 4-8 3P, finishing with a career high 31 points. It helped Oklahoma St. to a 104-89 victory over #24 Arkansas. Treacy scored 4 points and had 3 rebounds in 12 minutes for Arkansas.

Individual Details

SF Sean Treacy -- 3 points in 10 minutes vs. Texas(L 84-73); 4 points and 3 boards in 12 minutes @ Oklahoma St.(L 104-89)

SG Kyle Kappe -- 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists vs. New Mexico(W 103-83); 15 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists @ Santa Clara(W 95-78)

PG Dylan Airhart -- Did not score but had 4 assists vs. Kent St.(W 83-73); 6 points in 6 minutes @ Vermont(W 86-65)

PF Rick Jolley -- 13 points and 9-10 FT vs. #10 Stanford(W 84-63); Did not score in 13 minutes vs. #4 Arizona(L 62-59)

C Coy Childress -- Did not play in games vs. #10 Stanford and #4 Arizona; still looking for first action of season.

PF Deke Prosser -- 2 points @ #11 UCLA(L 75-71); Did not score and had 2 rebounds vs. Ball St.(W 102-70)

C Danny Wilson -- no points and 6 rebounds @ Pitt(W 72-63); 3 points on 3-4 FT @ Navy(W 95-57)

SF Larry McGilliuddy -- Redshirting this year; vs. UAB(W 86-84)

SG Brian Butts -- 11 points, 5 assists @ California(L 103-83); 24 points on 8-16 from the field and 7-8 from the line @ Air Force(W 93-81)

PG Travis Elkin -- Hit 2 free throws for his only 2 points, and no assists @ #16 Temple(W 83-71)

SG Mike Schaplowsky -- a career high 31 points on 9-16 from the field and 9-10 from the line vs. #24 Arkansas(W 104-89); 15 points, 3-6 three pointers vs. #4 Arizona(L 70-54)

PG Rob Nielsen -- 12 points on 5-8 shooting vs. Tulane(L 86-82); 9 points, 3 turnovers vs. South Alabama(W 85-52)

PF JeeberD Mack -- fouled out after only 3 minutes vs. #1 Florida(L 84-63); scored 2 points and had 1 rebound, missed all 3 free throws vs. St. Louis(W 69-35)

SG Sunny Verma -- 11 points on 5-10 shooting @ UTM(W 82-43); saddled with foul trouble and played only 21 minutes, scored 7 points vs. Alabama St.(W 103-64)

SF Jeff Nights -- 16 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists vs. Kentucky(W 75-71); 6 points on 2-3 shooting and 1-2 FT vs. Cal St. Northridge(W 86-34)

Some minor injuries to tell you about, as SG Kyle Kappe dislocated his finger. He will be healed in about 4 days, and will still play. PG Dylan Airhart might not play though, as he sprained his wrist. He's listed as day to day, but is not expected to recover for a week or 2.

Jonathan Sanders: Assistant Coach

Jonathan and the BYU Cougars posted a 4-2 record in November, narrowly losing to Memphis and Ohio St. You've got to give him credit for his scouting though, as BYU held Brian Butts to just 10 points on 4-16 shooting as they hammered the Lobos.

There are 8 of our teams in the top 25 this week, as UConn remains #2, Maryland moves to #3, Florida drops to 4th, UCLA moves to 7th, Ohio St. is #9, Syracuse makes a huge jump up to #14, while Stanford has the biggest drop of the week, down to #19. And California enters the rankings at #23.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #139
JeeberD
General Manager

Fouled out in three minutes?!?! Who the hell am I, Jack Haley?

Old 05-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #140
DeToxRox
Head Coach

lmao. thats impressive, jeebs.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #141
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

lol, JeeberD, I would consider you more like a Dennis Rodman, but without the wild and wacky hair.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:48 PM   #142
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

HAh 4 assists and six points in six minutes...whats my Plus minus at? like 10amin? im the best...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:06 PM   #143
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 5-11

Dec. 6 -- A 90-49 victory by #14 Syracuse over UMKC was overshadowed by the fact that Verma landed very akwardly late in the game after losing his balanced. The prognosis is a broken wrist, which will keep him out about a month.

Dec. 7 -- Statwise, this game was even, but #9 Ohio St. took an 11 point halftime lead and held on to beat #2 UConn 81-75. Airhart had 2 points and 3 assists in 11 minutes. He also committed 4 turnovers however. Elkin had a great game, and with a few more breaks could have had a triple-double, as he finished with 8 points, 9 assists, and 6 rebounds.

Dec. 9 -- Butts had a soild outing, scoring 28 points on 9-17 shooting from the field and 9-12 from the line as New Mexico hammered Arkansas St. 97-44.

Dec. 10 -- Without the services of Verma, #14 Syracuse fell just short against #18 Duke. The Orange did come back from an 11 point halftime deficit to get within 1, but couldn't get a good last possession, falling 73-72.

Dec. 10 -- Despite 25 points from Schaplowsky , #19 Stanford was just too tough for Oklahoma St. as the Cardinals shot a tad better to win 79-73. Mack had 7 points and 2 rebounds in 9 minutes for Stanford.

Dec. 11 -- While Childress sat the bench again, Jolley scored 5 points and 3 rebounds in #4 Florida's 99-80 win over #15 Illinois.

Individual Details

SF Sean Treacy -- 7 points in 18 minutes vs. St. Louis(W 77-67); 2 points on 1-2 shooting in 9 minutes @ Oklahoma(L 102-59)

SG Kyle Kappe -- He and his Golden Bears had no games this week

PG Dylan Airhart -- 2 points, 3 assists, 4 turnovers @ #9 Ohio St.(L 81-75)

PF Rick Jolley -- 2 points and 4 rebounds, 3 offensive vs. Kansas(W 99-70); 4 points, 4 rebounds vs. Fresno St.(W 76-64); 5 points, 3 rebounds, 1 block vs. #15 Illinois(W 99-80)

C Coy Childress -- Did not play, still looking for first action; vs Kansas(W 99-70); vs. Fresno St.(W 76-64); vs. #15 Illinois(W 99-80)

PF Deke Prosser -- 4 points, 2 rebounds @ Pitt(L 75-66); 2 points, 5 boards, 3 assists @ #1 Arizona(L 85-58); 2-2 from the field and 4-4 from the line for 8 points, also had 8 boards @ UL-Lafayette(W 93-53)

C Danny Wilson -- no points but 6 boards and 2 blocks vs. Dayton(W 95-55)

SF Larry McGillicuddy -- redshirting this year; @ Fresno St.(L 71-67)

SG Brian Butts -- 14 points vs. Hampton(W 60-50); 28 points on 9-17 from the field and 9-12 from the line plus 7 assists vs. Arkansas St.(W 97-44); just 1-14 shooting but 5-8 FT for 7 points vs. USC(L 83-65)

PG Travis Elkin -- 8 points, 9 assists, 6 boards vs. #2 UConn(W 81-75); 6 points and 5 assists @ TCU(W 74-66)

SG Mike Schaplowsky -- 25 points, 9-11 FT @ #19 Stanford(L 79-73)

PG Rob Nielsen -- 15 points, no turnovers in 25 minutes vs. Vermont(W 91-73); 5 points, 3 assists @ #12 Indiana(L 76-59)

PG JeeberD Mack -- 7 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks vs. Xavier(W 92-64); 7 points in 9 minutes vs. Oklahoma St.(W 79-73)

SG Sunny Verma -- played 29 minutes before breaking wrist @ UMKC(W 90-49); will be out for a month and did not play vs. #18 Duke(L 73-72)

SF Jeff Nights -- 14 points on 5-7 shooting and 2-2 FT vs. Long Beach St.(W 91-72); 5 points, 2 rebounds vs. UCSB(W 91-57)

In the polls this week, Florida received 4 first place votes, but remain #2 behind Arizona, while Maryland stayed at #3. UCLA moves up to #5 while UConn drops to #6 and Ohio St. climbs to #7. Stanford jumps up to #14, while California and Syracuse are ranked honorable mention. Cal received 130 votes, while Syracuse received 44.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:41 PM   #144
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 12-18

Dec. 12 -- Kappe had an NBA type game tonight, posting a triple-double with 17 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. California needed every bit of it too, as they struggled with St. Marys, but eventually put them away 85-72.

Dec. 14 -- In a battle of the top 2 teams in the nation, the rematch was no different than the first meeting in the Preseason NIT championship, as #1 Arizona beat #2 Florida pretty handily, 87-73. Jolley only played 18 minutes tonight as he was saddled with foul trouble, but he did score 3 points, all from the free throw line, and had 5 boards. Because of the foul trouble at the PF spot tonight, Childress saw his first action of the season, officially dropping all rumors that he may end up redshirting. He played 6 minutes and had 2 points, a board and an assist.

Dec. 15 -- Another fabulous matchup between top 10 teams tonight, as #3 Maryland handed #6 UConn their second straight loss by a 91-85 margin. Wilson had 2 points and 4 boards for the Terps, while Airhart played 9 minutes and had 3 assists for the Huskies.

Dec. 15 -- Kappe almost got his second triple-double of the week, finishing with 27 points, 9 rebounds, and 7 assists as California hammered Savannah St. 88-46.

Individual Details

SF Sean Treacy -- 5 points and 4 boards in 10 minutes vs. Austin Peay(W 94-53); 6 points and 4 rebounds, but only 4-8 FT vs. Wichita St.(L 78-58)

SG Kyle Kappe -- a great week for Kyle; triple-double with 17 points, 11 boards, 10 assists vs. St. Marys(W 85-72); 27 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists vs. Savannah St.(W 88-46)

PG Dylan Airhart -- 4 points, 3 assists in 7 minutes vs. Tulsa(W 77-54); no points with 3 assists vs. #3 Maryland(L 91-85)

PF Rick Jolley -- 3 points, 5 rebounds, 4 fouls @ #1 Arizona(L 87-73)

C Coy Childress -- saw first action of season with 2 points, 1 board, 1 assist in 6 minutes @ #1 Arizona(L 87-73)

PF Deke Prosser -- 5 points on 2-2 from the field and 1-1 FT vs. Cincinnati(W 67-61)

C Danny Wilson -- 2 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists @ #6 UConn(W 91-85)

SF Larry McGillicuddy -- redshirting this year; @ Kent St.(L 79-77); vs. Tennessee(W 76-69)

SG Brian Butts -- Butts and the Lobos had no games this week.

PG Travis Elkin -- 9 points, 9 assists vs. Butler(W 89-63); 13 points, 8 assists vs. Dayton(W 79-52); 10 points and 6 turnovers vs. Cincinnati(L 67-62)

SG Mike Schaplowsky -- 19 points, 6 boards @ Tulane(W 75-59)

PG Rob Nielsen -- 10 points, 2 boards, 2 assists vs. Wisconsin-Green Bay(W 84-49)

PF JeeberD Mack -- fouled out in only 9 minutes vs. Gonzaga(W 89-70); hit both his shots, but missed both his FT for 4 points vs. St. Johns(L 94-91)

SG Sunny Verma -- broken wrist, DNP @ #1 Arizona(L 72-60); vs. Boise St.(W 97-63)

SF Jeff Nights -- hit all 3 shot attempts for 6 points in 8 minutes vs. Georgia(W 85-84)

Our polls this week see Maryland move up to #2 while UCLA stays at #5. Florida drops to #6 and UConn drops to #8. California makes a huge jump into the rankings at #17, and Ohio St.'s one loss was a killer as it dropped them to #18. Syracuse is #26 in the nation with 103 votes and Stanford is #28 with 79 votes.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:02 PM   #145
JeeberD
General Manager

I swear to god, if I don't quit fouling out I'm gonna make myself do suicides for six hours straight...

Old 05-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #146
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

EH I had a few off games....Im coming back now...gimme that starting spot...
Old 05-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #147
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 19-25

Preseason Tournaments

Dec. 22, 2005

2005 Rainbow Invitational

Georgetown vs. #18 Ohio St. -- This was a back and forth game all the way, but the Hoyas shot much better from the field in the 74-72 victory. Elkin had 3 points and 4 assists.

Dec. 23, 2005

2005 San Juan Classic

St. Johns vs. Arkansas -- The Razorbacks were held to a miserable 29.3% shooting in the 74-66 loss. Treacy did not score in 9 minutes of action.

Dec. 24, 2005

#18 Ohio St. vs. Southern Miss -- The Buckeyes regrouped nicely from the opening day loss, forcing 28 turnovers and grabbing 52 boards in an 80-77 victory. Elkin played only 22 minutes before fouling out, but did have 5 assists.

2005 San Juan Classic

Pittsburgh vs. Arkansas -- Pitt shot 51.9% from the field and scored 58 first half points as they won 89-83. Treacy had a nice output, scoring 8 points in 12 minutes.

Dec. 25, 2005

#18 Ohio St. vs. Georgia -- The Buckeyes took 4th in the tournament as they took advantage of a rough Bulldogs team tonight. Georgia committed 29 fouls on the night, and Ohio St. shot 43 FT, making 37 of them in a 92-82 victory. Elkin scored 13 points, and also had 5 boards and 5 assists.

2005 San Juan Classic

Arkansas vs. Colorado -- The Razorbacks even their record to 6-6 on the young season, while salvaging 7th place in the tournament with an easy 87-73 victory. Treacy seems to be stepping up and making some big shots, as he was 5-8 from the field for 12 points in just 8 minutes.

That was the tournament report for the week of Dec. 19-25. The regular report will come later.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:42 PM   #148
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Dec. 19-25

Dec. 19 -- Schaplowsky was 12-15 from the line tonight, and 6-11 from the field for 26 points as Oklahoma St. beat North Texas 80-71.

Dec. 22 -- #5 UCLA opened up conference play with a big 110-79 victory over #17 California. Nights scored 17 points for the Bruins while Kappe had 21 for Cal.

Dec. 24 -- Kappe scored 27 points and had 4 rebounds as #17 California got their first conference win, 97-80 over USC.

Dec. 24 -- A big upset tonight, as Oregon handed #1 Arizona their first loss of the season by a 99-88 margin. Nielsen scored 16 points to help the Ducks tonight.

Individual Details

SG Kyle Kappe -- 21 points, 4 boards vs. #5 UCLA(L 110-79); 27 points, 4 boards vs. USC(W 97-80)

PG Dylan Airhart -- no points in 7 minutes @ #22 Temple(L 77-63); again no points in only 6 minutes vs. #6 Florida(W 79-61); scoreless again, but had 2 assists in 10 minutes vs. Kentucky(L 79-77)

PF Rick Jolley -- scoreless in 13 minutes @ Syracuse(L 100-87); 1 rebound in 9 minutes @ #8 UConn(L 79-61)

C Coy Childress -- played 3 minutes @ Syracuse(L 100-87); DNP @ #8 UConn(L 79-61)

PF Deke Prosser -- 9 points, 3 boards vs. DePaul(W 69-57); 2 points, 4 boards, 3 assists @ #8 UConn(W 79-77)

C Danny Wilson -- 2 points, 5 boards vs. Butler(W 88-56)

SF Larry McGillicuddy -- redshirting this year; @ Texas(L 86-72)

SG Brian Butts -- played only 18 minutes before fouling out with 4 points vs. Iowa(L 91-60); 12 points and 2 steals @ #20 Oklahoma(L 73-52)

SG Mike Schaplowsky -- 26 points on 12-15 FT and 6-11 from the field @ North Texas(W 80-71); 17 points, 6-6 FT vs. #11 Alabama(L 81-55); 15 points, 6 rebounds @ Creighton(L 81-69)

PG Rob Nielsen -- 13 points on 5-7 from the field vs. Arizona St.(W 69-36); 16 points on 5-8 from the field and 3-4 FT vs. #1 Arizona(W 99-88)

PF JeeberD Mack -- 2 points, 3 rebounds vs. USC(W 77-58); 4 points in 11 minutes vs. #5 UCLA(W 93-65)

SG Sunny Verma -- still with broken wrist, DNP this week; vs. #6 Florida(W 100-87); vs. Eastern Illinois(W 106-36)

SF Jeff Nights -- 17 points on 6-12 shooting @ #17 Cal(W 110-79); 6 points in 11 minutes @ Stanford(L 93-65)

In the polls this week, we have a new #1 in Maryland! The Terps are still undefeated and received all of the first place votes. UCLA drops to #10, while Stanford climbs back into the rankings at #17. Florida drops big to #18, Ohio St. loses 1 spot to #19, and UConn drops all the way to #20. Syracuse is also back in the rankings at #24, and California receives 9 votes this week.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #149
JeeberD
General Manager

Woohoo, spanked UCLA! Take that, Mr Nights...

Old 05-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #150
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Take THAT Arizona! You didn't want me, so I'll light you up for 16, assholes.