Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #1352
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmm, Danny was here then disappeared.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #1353
Danny
Head Coach

Just got home. I was here on my blackberry, but hard to calculate results / run actions from that.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #1354
Danny
Head Coach

Hoops is lynched, he was the distracter and a villager
Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #1355
Danny
Head Coach

Lathum is night killed, he is a vanilla villager.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #1356
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hoops is lynched, he was the distracter and a villager

Not really, Hoops was a wolf

Last edited by Danny : 01-19-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #1357
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are nasty Danny! I may have to haunt you now!
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #1358
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

bastards.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #1359
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #1360
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: go village... (ghostly voice)

Now please send Kris Williams from Ghost Hunters out to look for me...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #1361
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeeehaw
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #1362
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry we lost a villager but damn, Lathum AND Hoops as a wolf on one night? its like a wet dream....
Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #1363
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

UPDATED

These are days 1-4 AND day 7(5 was the Saldana vote and 6 the J23, both of which went runaway I believe.

Path: Darth Vilus, J23, RendeR, henry, no vote
Darth Vilus: Crimson Fox, J23, Real Deal, Hoopsguy, Hoops
RendeR: Hoopsguy, KWhit, no vote, Saldana, Hoops
Jackal: PurdueBrad, No Vote, Real Deal, KWhit
KWhit: DaddyTorgo, PurdueBrad, no vote, henry, Hoops
Schmidty: Dubb, KWhit, Autumn, no vote, dubb
Dubb: No Vote, Saldana, Saldana, no vote, Hoops
Ntn: No Vote, EagleFan, henry, henry, Hoops
PurdueBrad: Hoops, KWhit, RealDeal, henry, Hoops

So we have three people that have posted three votes for a wolf (not including the J23 vote): Darth Vilus, ntn, and me.

I actually do want to explore ntn as Darth is a known good entity. In addition, I'm willing to look at dubb and Jackal as well. Frankly, I think you guys might as well look at me too since I'm in the three vote camp and Hoops worked hard since day 4 to say that I must be good and been scanned by EF.

So here is my trust list:
Complete- Path, Darth, and me (Lathum proves Path and Darth's role is "good")
Some- KWhit

None- Jackal, Schmidty, dubb, RendeR, and ntn

My vote will definitely go to one of the bottom five, just a matter of which.

PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #1364
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

*Cue Ominous Music*

The Dark Lord steps forward...Hoopsguy falls. So foolish for the wolves to have challenged the most dangerous of enemies.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #1365
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Good work guys, 2 wolves in 2 days. Much better than how it started off.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #1366
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Was the dubb/Jackal dynamic engineered by one to distract the rest of us from the Hoops vote?

I guess I'm surprised at how the dubb and Jackal conversation escalated and basically overtook everything else. I then remember being surprised when people still came in and voted Hoops after watching that dynamic. I think this is one possibility, although, if I have time today, I'm going to look at one other thing that caught my attention.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #1367
The Jackal
Coordinator

Checking in from the phone, good job nailing hoops. Do you now understand that there is no cahoots from me? If you think I cleared a villager on purpose and am a wolf, so be it but leave schmidty alone, I'd like the village to win this game after this strong run. I'll check back after work to see where discussion is headed. I'm thinking dubb was likely an incensed villager but he's not off my radar.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #1368
The Jackal
Coordinator

And pb i didn't engineer anything, I just needed to make sure the village didn't make a stupid choice by lynching schmidty over me. Perhaps dubb seized on it for distraction but I need to look things over before making any decisions
Old 01-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #1369
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going back to yesterday. If I think there are two wolves, Jackal + Hoops left and one is telling me not to vote for the other, I am sure as fuck voting for the one I am being told not to vote for.

Vote Schmidty
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #1370
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'll be honest, Nailing the last one is gonna be a little harder for me.

vote jackal

It could be him or schmidty. I have to go to work now so i couldn't analyze as much as I would've liked to. But it's safe to say we have a little leeway

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #1371
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vilus Out!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #1372
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If I think there are two wolves, Jackal + Hoops

Jackal + Schmidty, typo
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #1373
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm going back to yesterday. If I think there are two wolves, Jackal + Hoops left and one is telling me not to vote for the other, I am sure as fuck voting for the one I am being told not to vote for.

Vote Schmidty

Sigh.

Like I said: You are going to look really silly when/if I die. Your misplaced fervor is as amusing as it is slightly frustrating.

Vote dubb
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #1374
RendeR
Coordinator

VOTE SCHMIDTY
Old 01-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #1375
KWhit
Coordinator

If we're going to choose between Jackal and Schmidty, we really need to vote for Jackal. That way, if we find out that Jackal is a villager, we know Schmidty is a-ok and a good villager. And he'll have his icing power to use later on if necessary.

Jackal's power has already been used up. We should lynch him instead of Schmidty.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #1376
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Vote Schmidty

How does it make sense to vote Schmidty first if you think that Schmidty and Jackal are both wolves?

If we lynch Jackal but he turns out to be a villager, we clear Schmidty.

But if we lynch Schmidty and he turns out to be a villager, we don't necessarily clear Jackal.

This should be a no-brainer. I am very suspicious of you right now that you are so strongly going after Schmidty when that vote just makes no sense that I can see.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #1377
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
How does it make sense to vote Schmidty first if you think that Schmidty and Jackal are both wolves?

If we lynch Jackal but he turns out to be a villager, we clear Schmidty.

But if we lynch Schmidty and he turns out to be a villager, we don't necessarily clear Jackal.

This should be a no-brainer. I am very suspicious of you right now that you are so strongly going after Schmidty when that vote just makes no sense that I can see.

To me the fact that they are both villagers isn't even an option. I'm looking at which one can do more harm. That to me is Schmidty. If I was on the fence about them maybe it makes sense to me to lynch Jackal first but I'm positive that Schmidty didn't play his role like a villager and Jackal clearing him makes me positive that Jackal is a wolf too.

I stick by my Schmidty vote. He can do more harm than Jackal and in my mind I'm sure they are both wolves.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #1378
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm taking a very close look at Dubb right now, and I'm not liking what I see.

His voting record is pretty terrible. Probably the worst of all of us that remain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
UPDATED

These are days 1-4 AND day 7 (5 was the Saldana vote and 6 the J23, both of which went runaway I believe).

Path: Darth Vilus, J23, RendeR, henry, no vote
Darth Vilus: Crimson Fox, J23, Real Deal, Hoopsguy, Hoops
RendeR: Hoopsguy, KWhit, no vote, Saldana, Hoops
Jackal: PurdueBrad, No Vote, Real Deal, KWhit
KWhit: DaddyTorgo, PurdueBrad, no vote, henry, Hoops
Schmidty: Dubb, KWhit, Autumn, no vote, dubb
Dubb: No Vote, Saldana, Saldana, no vote, Hoops
Ntn: No Vote, EagleFan, henry, henry, Hoops
PurdueBrad: Hoops, KWhit, RealDeal, henry, Hoops
Old 01-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #1379
Schmidty
Coordinator

Either way, we're both dead. If Jackal is lynched, I'm the night kill. If I'm lynched, then Jackal is likely to be night killed.

dubb created this fustercluck, and he's going to have to be the one to deal with it.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #1380
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
To me the fact that they are both villagers isn't even an option. I'm looking at which one can do more harm. That to me is Schmidty. If I was on the fence about them maybe it makes sense to me to lynch Jackal first but I'm positive that Schmidty didn't play his role like a villager and Jackal clearing him makes me positive that Jackal is a wolf too.

I stick by my Schmidty vote. He can do more harm than Jackal and in my mind I'm sure they are both wolves.

What harm do you think he's going to do? Put someone on ice. Big deal. I'd much rather clear someone at this point than to defend against a possible icing that he hasn't even used in days.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #1381
The Jackal
Coordinator

good lord thank you kwhit
Old 01-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #1382
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I'm taking a very close look at Dubb right now, and I'm not liking what I see.

His voting record is pretty terrible. Probably the worst of all of us that remain:

Of course I was on ice(thanks schmidty!) the day Henry was lynched so I couldn't get in on that.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #1383
The Jackal
Coordinator

any vote for schmidty is absolutely idiotic at this point from a villager, and while i'm not positive dubb is the last wolf, he's making it very hard for me to look elsewhere

to the rest of you: if you are honestly convinced one or both of us is wolves, vote for me, for god's sake.. you're very wrong, but at least then you'll only waste ONE day of voting instead of TWO

VOTE DUBB
Old 01-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #1384
The Jackal
Coordinator

It's also funny that you are insistent that we are both wolves when most people were pretty sure there were only two wolves left before hoops died.

Why are you so dead set that we are wolves? What exactly in my decision to clear Schmidty made you think it was wolfish? If I was going to use a wolf soothsayer role I'd do it on another wolf, or at least a villager that I was pretty sure would back me up for it. No offense to Schmidty, but he is often busy and unable to check in - so I'd have wanted to pick someone more active.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #1385
The Jackal
Coordinator

And again, on top of all of this, and the fact that's making it more and more clear that it's hard for you to be a villager in this scenario is how you refuse to see the logic behind voting for me over Schmidty. I don't care how convinced you are in your head that we are both wolves, there is no definitive proof whatsoever either way and you HAVE to consider the fact that I am telling the truth, otherwise you're just being so dense it frustrates me beyond belief. I just hope the rest of the village, even if they come to the decision that they need to deal with me/Schmidty today realizes the boneheadedness of lynching the person who can't clear the other one in death first.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #1386
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
It's also funny that you are insistent that we are both wolves when most people were pretty sure there were only two wolves left before hoops died.

So you think in a 20 player game with no conversions, 2 potential seers, 2 potential bgs, a soothsayer, a slut and a possible witness that we only started with 4 wolves? I know this hasn't been talked about yet, but I would be absolutely floored if that was case regardless of what "most people" think.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #1387
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
and you HAVE to consider the fact that I am telling the truth,

I don't blindly have to take your word for anything.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #1388
The Jackal
Coordinator

It may be probable that there are two wolves left, and if there are, it would be an even bigger mistake to lynch Schmidty first, and possibly the end of the game because there'd be no clearing of me and we'd probably end up lynching me next.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #1389
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Who said anything about taking my word? You obviously don't believe me, but you have to consider the fact I'm telling the truth, man. If you refuse to even do that, that's just such poor play.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #1390
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It may be probable that there are two wolves left, and if there are, it would be an even bigger mistake to lynch Schmidty first, and possibly the end of the game because there'd be no clearing of me and we'd probably end up lynching me next.

I think you are confused. When Schmidty is lynched it more assuredly won't be clearing you. If anything it will damn you.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #1391
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Who said anything about taking my word? You obviously don't believe me, but you have to consider the fact I'm telling the truth, man. If you refuse to even do that, that's just such poor play.

I considered it and rejected it. It is my right to do that.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #1392
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
good lord thank you kwhit

Yeah. I'm not liking his logic on this at all.

What dubb's insistence on voting Schmidty is doing is it's costing the villagers a day's vote. If we vote Schmidty today but he turns up as a villager, then dubb would push to vote for Jackal tomorrow. That could be 2 days of voting when we could get the same info out of just voting for Jackal today.

And that's based on what? A fear that Schmidty will ice someone tonight and that will somehow turn the tide to the wolves. I don't buy it.

I was contemplating a vote for Jackal today, but dubb's actions are setting off my wolfdar like crazy.

And don't forget that he was pushing pretty hard against a Hoops lynch yesterday too and switched his vote to him very late after it looked like the lynch was likely to be him.

At least for now:

VOTE DUBB
Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #1393
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm jumping in on this. I was curious how today was going to play out. I think that dubb is playing too much on the radar to be a wolf but at the same time, he is pinging me. Jackal and Schmidty, are whatever they are. I would definitely go Jackal first though. And I'm certainly willing to look at RendeR and ntn. In fact, I probably put RendeR, ntn, and dubb above voting for Jackal or Schmidty right now.

This may change to one of the other two, but for now:

vote dubb
Old 01-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #1394
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you are confused. When Schmidty is lynched it more assuredly won't be clearing you. If anything it will damn you.

I'm quite the opposite of confused, and I'm done arguing with you. I've said multiple times that lynching Schmidty wouldn't clear me, the whole point of this is that lynching me clears Schmidty. But yeah, I'm done.

Questions from anyone else I'll surely entertain.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #1395
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm jumping in on this. I was curious how today was going to play out. I think that dubb is playing too much on the radar to be a wolf but at the same time, he is pinging me. Jackal and Schmidty, are whatever they are. I would definitely go Jackal first though. And I'm certainly willing to look at RendeR and ntn. In fact, I probably put RendeR, ntn, and dubb above voting for Jackal or Schmidty right now.

This may change to one of the other two, but for now:

vote dubb

Render goes up in trust a bit for me now that we know Hoops is a wolf.

This is day 1.

(80) – DaddyTorgo votes Kwhit (Kwhit 1)
(81) – DaddyTorgo unvotes Kwhit
(113) – Lathum votes Autumn (Autumn 1)
(128) – path12 votes Darth Vilus (Autumn 1, Darth Vilus 1)
(132) – CrimsonFox votes Darth Vilus (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1)
(133) – hoopsguy votes path12 (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path12 1)
(140) – Darth Vilus votes CrimsonFox (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1)
(147) – Abe Sargent votes hoopsguy (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path 12 1, CrimsonFox 1, hoopsguy 1)
(149) – The Jackal votes PurdueBrad (Darth Vilus 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, hoopsguy 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(150) – RealDeal votes hoopsguy (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(151) – Autumn votes DaddyTorgo (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1, DaddyTorgo 1)
(156) – saldana votes dubb93 (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1, DaddyTorgo 1, dubb93 1)
(158) – Schmidty votes dubb93 (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1, DaddyTorgo 1)
(159) – henry296 votes DaddyTorgo (Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, dubb93 2, DaddyTorgo 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(162) – EagleFan votes DaddyTorgo (DaddyTorgo 3, Darth Vilus 2, hoopsguy 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(163) – RendeR votes hoopsguy (DaddyTorgo 3, hoopsguy 3, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(168) – Kwhit voted DaddyTorgo (DaddyTorgo 4, hoopsguy 3, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(169) – PurdueBrad votes hoopsguy (DaddyTorgo 4, hoopsguy 4, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, Autumn 1, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
(173) – Lathum unvotes Autumn, votes DaddyTorgo (DaddyTorgo 5, hoopsguy 4, Darth Vilus 2, dubb93 2, path12 1, CrimsonFox 1, PurdueBrad 1)
Old 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #1396
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good find KWhit, that certainly helps RendeR's case. Same can be said for PB with his vote 6 posts later, yes? We can't throw out the possibility that PB is a wolf, but he looks solid.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #1397
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

But yet you blindly latch on to, saying things to the effect of it's beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm a wolf. You have no proof. You can say "I'm pretty darned sure that Schmidty is a wolf", but instead you keep spewing your mindless declarations and "analysis".

Sheesh.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #1398
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
But yet you blindly latch on to, saying things to the effect of it's beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm a wolf. You have no proof. You can say "I'm pretty darned sure that Schmidty is a wolf", but instead you keep spewing your mindless declarations and "analysis".

Sheesh.

Substitute "mindless" for "irrational", or some other nicer word.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #1399
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Not much I say at this point that I already haven't. If you insist on lynching me the next two days we have to get rid of Schmidty and Jackal. We can't keep letting them snow us. This is ridiculous.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #1400
path12
Coordinator

I've got no problem with the idea of Schmidty and Jackal being bad. But the logic of voting Schmidty first baffles me, as does the vehemence of the argument (though that's just WW), especially from someone that is under suspicion themself.

If I vote for Jackal/Schmidty to make sure what's up there, I'm voting Jackal. Dubb is putting himself pretty clearly out there which doesn't seem particularly wolflike, but he's certainly capable of pulling that off.

ntn is still very much on my radar as well, but that may have to wait until this situation is a bit clearer.

Bottom line, I think my vote will go to either Dubb or Jackal. It's my opinion that we learn the most that way.