Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #1101
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
We wouldn't really be breaking new ground here. Although feasting on the fallen would not provide us with water.

Anyone with cajun cooking experience?

"Donner, party of five?"

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:11 AM   #1102
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

And I suspect if the medical facility isn't built before that impending bullmoose hits us then we may be in for a world of hurt!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #1103
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote work on next project
Old 02-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #1104
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
The fact that Schmidty was killed under the care of the Chief and Autumn makes them appear more likely to be who they say they are. This seems to be a ploy to make it harder for us to heal injured people by having early mistrust head to those that treated him.

Yes because people with experience of medicines and whatnot would just strangle him painting a big sign on themselves rather than killing him surreptiously. Or, indeed, not at all.

I for one think the murderer should step forward so we can give them a medal. Who hasn't wanted to throttle a reality star.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #1105
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Yes because people with experience of medicines and whatnot would just strangle him painting a big sign on themselves rather than killing him surreptiously. Or, indeed, not at all.

I for one think the murderer should step forward so we can give them a medal. Who hasn't wanted to throttle a reality star.

Reality star with a sex tape scandal...

Are we certain this isn't a case of autoerotique asphyxiation?
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #1106
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Reality star with a sex tape scandal...

Are we certain this isn't a case of autoerotique asphyxiation?

Schmidty was David Carradine?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #1107
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day Two Options

fontisian as leader may decide:
- who works on Schmidty
- who works in the science research center (these resources will be pulled away from the colony resources and can begin their own projects on day three)

the colony must decide
- Next project (Government, Medical Facility, fix communicator)
- Action (Collect supplies from supply drop, Work on next project, Explore the Surface)

Day Two has begun, deadline is 10 PM EST Thursday.

SciCtr workers: defer to Font
Project: Medical Center
Action: Collect Supplies

I still want a government, but getting a medical center up and running would give us some cushion in keeping people alive--as it appeared that CR and Autumn's assistance wasn't worth much to Schmidty in their current working environment.

That said, let's get our dumb supplies together! (I'm under the impression that they're from our mission.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #1108
Shoveler
High School Varsity

The folks that keep pushing us away from government for the past two days should make the short (probably long) list of potential suspects. Especially those that have been using previous game reasons for other facilities first.

Our suspect probably wants us to delay on giving our Sheriff additional abilities. Delaying this selection longer is just enabling further catastrophe.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #1109
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
FWIW, I have mild mistrust in all leaders based on brit's comments about an attempt to buy support for his getting a leadership position, so that includes CR.

Wait, I missed this. So brit was contacted by PM by someone who bribed him to help them get a leadership position?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #1110
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wait, I missed this. So brit was contacted by PM by someone who bribed him to help them get a leadership position?

No. Brit said he had the offer to enhance his own vote in order to sabotage the radios or something.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #1111
Grover
Pro Starter

Making it clear that someone ehanced one of their votes somewhere to win a position. The trade-off was that they disabled the communications system.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #1112
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:

He was given an opportunity to protect his shady police background by destroying the communications equipment.

Doing so would have removed one vote for him as Sheriff.

He apparently declined.

Or at least that is his story.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #1113
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So brit's ability was to disable the communications equipment in said scenario?

Someone paint this one by numbers for me, the proposed order of events, with who is doing the deed at each point. I am trying to see how this implicates the leaders, and I can't quite get there with what you guys have given me so far.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #1114
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
He was given an opportunity to protect his shady police background by destroying the communications equipment.

Doing so would have removed one vote for him as Sheriff.

He apparently declined.

Or at least that is his story.

We cannot discount the possibility that he is lying, and was given a different opportunity to manipulate the vote if he accepted.

And therefore is pushing suspicion into a completely separate area of the leadership vote.

But I am just speculating. There is no proof beside his admission to receiving an offer.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #1115
Grover
Pro Starter

But the proof that someone did alter the votes in exchange for disabling the communications systems was in DanGarion quoting EF and wondering why he had 7 votes but only 6 were counted for the leader vote on Day 0.

So whether it was britrock or someone else, the communications systems were tampered with in order to enhance someone's leadership vote.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #1116
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Making it clear that someone ehanced one of their votes somewhere to win a position. The trade-off was that they disabled the communications system.

There were only a position or two where the votes didn't add up. Were those positions close? That would seem to be who we should be targeting then.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #1117
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Someone paint this one by numbers for me, the proposed order of events, with who is doing the deed at each point. I am trying to see how this implicates the leaders, and I can't quite get there with what you guys have given me so far.

Well, the communication was broken and there was a weird vote count on DanGarion for leader. So it stands to reason that someone who was up for the vote on day zero tried to give themselves a better chance to win. It doesn't necessarily mean a leader did it though.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #1118
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:

Brit claims he was given an offer to disable the communications equipment, but declined. Therefore, as the communications equipment was damaged, we can assume someone took a similar offer.

The only person after the day 0 vote that had a reduction to their votes was DanGarion. Using Brit's information, you would either have to assume that DanGarion was given that same offer, or someone else was given a different version of that offer that allowed them to remove a vote from someone else.

That's about it.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #1119
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Looking at the votes... there was one vote lost in the DanGarion leader tally, and one extra vote with Shoveler on the doctor poll.

Now, I have some thoughts regarding the dropped vote. I was given an offer to sabotage some of our equipment in order to protect my reputation in exchange for my vote strength in my candidacy for sheriff. ...I'm curious to know if Dan was so eager to become our leader--without letting us discover the full extent of his background--that he would have been willing to take such an offer, if he received one...

Here's one Chief.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #1120
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
There were only a position or two where the votes didn't add up. Were those positions close? That would seem to be who we should be targeting then.

I think it was 24 hours or so before the final vote that he was offered and he lost his voting power in the category he was going after if he did so.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #1121
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Well, the communication was broken and there was a weird vote count on DanGarion for leader. So it stands to reason that someone who was up for the vote on day zero tried to give themselves a better chance to win. It doesn't necessarily mean a leader did it though.

Exactly. If anything, it might implicate DanGarion. Or someone else in the Leader race.

I am not sure how the other leaders would be implicated by that at all.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #1122
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
JAG, The offer came to me from EF ~24 hours before the end of D0 last night. I could have sabotaged the radio (hmm...) to prevent the rest of the crew from asking about my background.

Autumn, I've alluded to the reputational issues before... I was a very capable police officer, but perhaps too eager in applying my physicality. In response to the offer, I decided I would be forthright about it here. I refused the offer and did not lose my vote for sheriff.

Timmae, it was EF that made the offer, not a fellow crewmember. But what this vote total likely indicates is that someone with aspirations to be the crew leader was willing to sabotage our communications to try to cement his status and reputation. And, looking at the list, DanGarion seems the likeliest person to have done that.

Another.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #1123
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
We also need to collect supplies in order to have food. Rick Flair, Brit, Jag and Crim are capable of physical tasks. Should 3 build the dome and the other gather supplies?

Font should have these youngins a gatherin.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #1124
Zinto
College Starter

I almost think it is counterproductive to try and figure out who is the cause of anything at this point. We have no way of proving it or ridding ourselves of them currently. We should focus on how we are going to make our colony run most effectively and our best option to survive.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #1125
timmae
College Starter

Quote:

See post #712.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #1126
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the post ups, guys. My main point stands. The suspicion of other leaders or players not involved in the leader race is unfounded.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #1127
Zinto
College Starter

Just based on the information Brit gave us I would assume that the person who sabotaged the communications wanted to be the leader and ended up voting for DanGarion. But once again I don't think this is the point we should be arguing today. We need to focus on survival for now.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #1128
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Thanks for the post ups, guys. My main point stands. The suspicion of other leaders or players not involved in the leader race is unfounded.

I have to disagree. My PI instincts lead me to believe we have been manipulated from the get-go and our suspect wants us to be pointing the finger at the obvious leader candidates. While we can't rule our leader candidates out, I think there is a good argument that this suspect may have had an interest in another area of leadership.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:08 PM   #1129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See post #712.

Shoveler looks bad there. He has a vote in the shortened vote list for Dangarion as Leader, and he's the one linked to the extra Doctor vote in that post.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #1130
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Just based on the information Brit gave us I would assume that the person who sabotaged the communications wanted to be the leader and ended up voting for DanGarion. But once again I don't think this is the point we should be arguing today. We need to focus on survival for now.

Very good point. Someone that put themselves out for another position, or no position and voted for DanGarion for leader.

I had not considered this.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #1131
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Shoveler looks bad there. He has a vote in the shortened vote list for Dangarion as Leader, and he's the one linked to the extra Doctor vote in that post.

My No-votes are extra potent.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #1132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have to disagree. My PI instincts lead me to believe we have been manipulated from the get-go and our suspect wants us to be pointing the finger at the obvious leader candidates. While we can't rule our leader candidates out, I think there is a good argument that this suspect may have had an interest in another area of leadership.

I agree with you up until the last sentence. I don't see the connection there to other leaders. It could be for the benefit of the stowaway, who has his own goals obviously, and he could be anyone. Or be a part of the individual goals I presume we all received (there is ample evidence for that). There's no reason to think the other leaders are any more or less suspicious than the other non-leader candidates.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #1133
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My No-votes are extra potent.

For the record, I don't think you're actually someone to target here, or not yet. I just find it curious.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #1134
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
I agree with you up until the last sentence. I don't see the connection there to other leaders. It could be for the benefit of the stowaway, who has his own goals obviously, and he could be anyone. Or be a part of the individual goals I presume we all received (there is ample evidence for that). There's no reason to think the other leaders are any more or less suspicious than the other non-leader candidates.

I'm not suggesting that we only look at the leadership roles, I just don't think we can narrow down to the leader candidates.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #1135
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
For the record, I don't think you're actually someone to target here, or not yet. I just find it curious.

Well that makes two of us.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #1136
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not suggesting that we only look at the leadership roles, I just don't think we can narrow down to the leader candidates.

I agree we shouldn't rule anyone else out, and shouldn't just focus on crew leader candidates. I was just trying to figure out JAG's suspicion of other leaders in other areas. I don't see how he equates those positions as being more suspicious than anyone else outside of the crew leader candidates.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #1137
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I should definitely work in the science and research center. I am not sure if I have made this abundantly clear, but I am the best at a combo of science and engineering that we have among us.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #1138
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Using Zinto's logic about the DanGarion leadership vote:

1. DanGarion sabotaged his own vote to protect his identity.
or...
2. One of our other members is not who they say they are:

a. Scientist: Narcizo, Sharkn20
b. Engineer: Grover, CrimsonFox
c. Doctor: Chief Rum
d. Sheriff: Shoveler

Aptitude testing time.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:18 PM   #1139
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Using Zinto's logic about the DanGarion leadership vote:

1. DanGarion sabotaged his own vote to protect his identity.
or...
2. One of our other members is not who they say they are:

a. Scientist: Narcizo, Sharkn20
b. Engineer: Grover, CrimsonFox
c. Doctor: Chief Rum
d. Sheriff: Shoveler

Aptitude testing time.

Unfortunately, I did not have the offer to change a vote. I did have the option of going out to scavenge on my own, but the chance of not coming back at all was too great a risk for me to take.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #1140
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have only received normal deadline PMs from EF. No offers to do anything here.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #1141
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Unfortunately, I did not have the offer to change a vote. I did have the option of going out to scavenge on my own, but the chance of not coming back at all was too great a risk for me to take.

One has to wonder how many other "offers" were out there... I'm starting to not trust anyone around here. To the science center we go boys... Golden, you can come to!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #1142
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I should definitely work in the science and research center. I am not sure if I have made this abundantly clear, but I am the best at a combo of science and engineering that we have among us.

Hey bud... What kind of computer programming were you doing? Any specifics you can share?
Old 02-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #1143
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
One has to wonder how many other "offers" were out there... I'm starting to not trust anyone around here. To the science center we go boys... Golden, you can come to!

You are starting to get werewolf now
Old 02-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #1144
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Font: I recommend that the following people head over to the science research facility in order of preference so that you may determine how many we want to send. timmae, Narcizo, Raven, SharkN20

Change to recommended group... timmae, Raven, GoldenEagle

At least until I obtain some feedback on Shark and Narc.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #1145
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
You are starting to get werewolf now

ha! I'm kinda stuck in my old D&D mode and I am not sure how much the ad lib nature plays here. Having a blast so far though!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #1146
Grover
Pro Starter

I'm also wondering how wise it was for me to divulge that information, same as britrock saying he got an offer to do this or that.

As a new player: is something like that in the general spirit of the game?

Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #1147
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
EF to confirm but the collecting supplies we are discussing right now is our supply drop that happened immediately preceding our landing on Mars. Not the previous landing attempt.

EF has confirmed this is accurate. The supplies we are voting on getting was from our mission, not the prior landing mission.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #1148
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hey bud... What kind of computer programming were you doing? Any specifics you can share?

I don't think it is my best interest to share the specifics at this time. I have a reason for going on this mission and those are related to my skills, but that is all I am willing to say at this moment.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #1149
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF has confirmed this is accurate. The supplies we are voting on getting was from our mission, not the prior landing mission.

Correct
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #1150
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Catching up. Will have vote count updates in about an hour.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote