Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #1451
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I wasn't beat up. I was interrogated. Getting beat up was a side effect.

That's a key point. This was done to me by someone with law enforcement capabilities. So I went to the head law enforcement guy, which is you.

If you're not aware or behind it, Mr. Sheriff, one of your deputies is shooting from the hip. And cost us the lead doctor, at least for a bit.

I'm hoping that concerns you some.

It most certainly does concern me Doctor, and I expect any with law enforcement/investigative background to speak up immediately if they have knowledge of this. I will repeat-I was not aware or behind it.

I suspect it was done primarily to take out a skilled doctor, but I am surprised they didn't just kill you if that's case. From what our law enforcers have said about their pasts, some might have "unethical" ways of enforcing the law.

Were you asked any specific questions?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #1452
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Gosh I'm hungry. I sure hope we get some food today. Otherwise I hope the medical center we're rushing to build is good at curing malnutrition. Etc etc.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #1453
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Are the deputies even really a thing right now? Did Thom appoint people?

I cannot appoint deputies yet-though from what EF said publically, it looks like I might soon be able to. I "unofficially" asked Britrock, JAG, and Shoveler to be my security force due to their law enforcement/investigative backgrounds.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #1454
timmae
College Starter

Thom... Why are you not available tonight??
Old 02-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #1455
timmae
College Starter

I will pm font with an answer by 10 est... Giving people time to respond
Old 02-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #1456
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Did you say what you were going to be busy with tonight Thom?

No I did not.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #1457
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Come on Chief. You know better to start throwing accusations around as fact when you don't know the specifics.

Having said that, Shoveler, any ideas on who might have interrogated Chief?

I did it to stir the pot, I'll admit. I don't think that's a bad thing. And I was definitely interrogated.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #1458
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Thom... Why are you not available tonight??

I will not comment any more on that at the current time.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #1459
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It most certainly does concern me Doctor, and I expect any with law enforcement/investigative background to speak up immediately if they have knowledge of this. I will repeat-I was not aware or behind it.

I suspect it was done primarily to take out a skilled doctor, but I am surprised they didn't just kill you if that's case. From what our law enforcers have said about their pasts, some might have "unethical" ways of enforcing the law.

Were you asked any specific questions?

I was not given specifics about what I was asked, or if I answered any of those questions. Just that the interrogation happened and I was left a bloody and beaten wreck.

I don't believe this was the work of the saboteur, exactly because I am still alive. As you say, there is no reason to leave the mission lead doctor alive if you don't have to.

Yesterday, I was forthright in my questioning of some others' conclusions about the vote changes, I was also under some suspicion because of being on the Dangarion voting list for leader, and Schmidty somehow was murdered under my nose.

I am presuming one of those other shady law enforcement folks you have working for you took it upon themselves to use some likely one time use interrogation ability on me last night. Not a great decision, not just because of me being out of commission now, but also because maybe we could have used that ability down the road.

There was also this, posted yesterday by our Lead Scientist:

Quote:
Cross referencing this list with those who currently have voted against Government as the next build presents one name in common. He happens to have been overseeing schmidty as well.

Chief Rum.

Thom, can you interrogate him?

Chief, I mean no harm... just looking at evidence.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #1460
timmae
College Starter

Love the tone of your message there CR... Very curious what the thug found out!
Old 02-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #1461
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ah wanted to weigh in on the who to heal question. (subject to change if Danny shows up before deadline). Danny is clearly not available enough to play this game. Chief Rum clearly is and may be our most talented doctor as well. We cannot let him die without doing all we can to save him.

So though it wars with my character's military "leave no man behind" nature, I suggest we do just that with Danny-let him die and use all the medical people we can on Chief. This changes though if Danny shows up and posts that he is now available to play the game more throughly. If the available doctors feel they can save both however, I would bow to their wisdom.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #1462
Thomkal
Head Coach

I find myself agreeing with you there CR-I might have tried the same if I was one with such a power.

And this is one reason why people should stop asking me questions about what I can and can't do as Sheriff. When the govt is created, I will, like our lead scientist and engineer did today, reveal what we can do next. One warning though-font as leader might be told more about it than me.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #1463
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, hard to keep up with the interesting tidbits today. Like Chief said, I hope that interrogation thing was not a one-time ability. For what it's worth, even though I said a couple things about Chief yesterday, I was not involved in this (despite what you may think about the interrogation abilities of a high school football coach).

If this wasn't the work of the stowaway, what have they been up to? I think it may have to do with all the activity going on outside the camp and that we're going to need to gear up and do some recon before too long. Too many tough priorities to choose from, the folks on earth may have some important info for us too.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #1464
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
I was not given specifics about what I was asked, or if I answered any of those questions. Just that the interrogation happened and I was left a bloody and beaten wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I have law enforcement experience on Earth, and I doubt that there is anyone on this mission that would be better equipped to carry out the sometimes physical nature of enforcing whatever laws we decide upon than myself.

That said, my record isn't perfect, and my physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes. So I would implore the group to 1) focus on constructing government first, 2) electing me as sheriff, and 3) checking my enforcement of the rules we establish.

**cough cough**
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #1465
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Wow, hard to keep up with the interesting tidbits today. Like Chief said, I hope that interrogation thing was not a one-time ability. For what it's worth, even though I said a couple things about Chief yesterday, I was not involved in this (despite what you may think about the interrogation abilities of a high school football coach).

I did find it curious that the interrogator kept making me do burpees and stairs.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #1466
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh I saw one of the options from EF this morning was to explore the flatlands or over the mountain ridge-flatlands appear to be the closest area to us, and (I think) have not been mentioned in one of EF's story updates (please someone double check this)-might this be a good thing to let some of our "restless souls" do to get them more into the game?
Old 02-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #1467
Grover
Pro Starter

I am very curious to see how this day ends.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #1468
timmae
College Starter

Is Thom doing nothing tomorrow since he using the night to complete a task? If so, what is the task?
Old 02-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #1469
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Is Thom doing nothing tomorrow since he using the night to complete a task? If so, what is the task?

He's already said he's doing something tonight so we should plan on him not being available for the group task. He doesn't want to talk about it at this time, so there's not a lot to be gained speculating about it. Let's focus on what we can decide, which is making an optimal decision for today's choices.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #1470
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Project: Medical Center
Priority: Collect Supplies

I continue to vote to collect supplies because I imagine it as giving us a better base to work with.

There is no option to collect supplies. Either we build, we fix, or we explore one of two possible areas.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:43 PM   #1471
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Oh I saw one of the options from EF this morning was to explore the flatlands or over the mountain ridge-flatlands appear to be the closest area to us, and (I think) have not been mentioned in one of EF's story updates (please someone double check this)-might this be a good thing to let some of our "restless souls" do to get them more into the game?

Just want to state I am not in favor of this... until we get things in order around here anyways. That would include communications up and running.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #1472
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

heading out for the night

vote medical center
vote next project
Old 02-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #1473
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am more or less thinking all of those law enforcement types who ran for Sheriff are more or less ad hoc deputies for Thomkal now, although we are all available for other positions in the colony, of course.

Just like Autumn and ntndeacon are more or less members of the colony medical staff (and future Medical Facility staff), those law enforcement related individuals will no doubt be either working under or side by side with Thomkal.

It's a good thought, CR, but I haven't been notified of anything to that effect. (Not that it's conclusive proof nothing of the sort has happened--I merely figure I would be included in that group.)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #1474
timmae
College Starter

Sorry if I am being a pain in the ass fellas... call me a newb... Or, in character... It's what scientists do.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:58 PM   #1475
fontisian
College Prospect

Vote Medical Center
Vote next project

I favor defense for the research project.Grover: What do you intend to go for?GoldenEagle: If you could be a little more forthcoming in the future and stop changing your story, I'll be better able to place you where you can be of use. I stand by my decision yesterday as the correct one with the information you made available.

I am going to focus the majority of our medical support on Chief Rum. Is it worth giving anything to Danny?

In addition, if the person who interrogated Chief is on the side of the colonists, they should come forward.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #1476
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
**cough cough**

It's an easy line to draw, I admit. But I will flatly deny any accusation that interrogated CR last night, or have even performed any policing duty to this point.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #1477
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
There is no option to collect supplies. Either we build, we fix, or we explore one of two possible areas.

Thanks, JAG.

(Project: Medical center)
Priority: Next project
Old 02-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #1478
fontisian
College Prospect

In regards to the government building, are we assuming that engineering and physical are going to be the useful traits again?
Old 02-20-2015, 05:09 PM   #1479
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, can you verify the size of the ship compared to us?

With the average human being a little under 6 feet tall it is safe to assume that the ship is larger than you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Feel like EF would tell us when it needs to be staffed

The bio-dome will only need resources if it needs fixed or upgraded. I wanted to keep that from being something that needed manned so the resources can be used towards moving things forward.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:11 PM   #1480
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Have a lot to catch up with. Been a busy day today (paying for it a bit at the moment but that's all part of recovery). Will get vote counts posted as soon as I get them together.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #1481
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1480

Project
Medical Center 16 - Thomkal (1296), Raven (1298), Narcizo (1312), JAG (1320), DanGarion (1337), timmae (1338), The Jackal (1353), Shoveler (1363), Autumn (1404), Grover (1406), Suicane75 (1407), Sharkn20 (1409), britrock88 (1420), GoldenEagle (1472), fontisian (1475)
Fix Communicator 1 - saldana (1415)

Action
Next Project 14 - Raven (1298), JAG (1320), Grover (1324), DanGarion (1337), timmae (1338), The Jackal (1353), Shoveler (1363), Autumn (1404), Suicane75 (1407), Sharkn20 (1409), saldana (1415), GoldenEagle (1472), fontisian (1475)
Collect Supplies 2 - Narcizo (1312), britrock88 (1420)
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Over Ridge 0
Yet to Vote - Thomkal (1296)

Work on Government Center
Waiting appointment
(saldana has volunteered - 1415)

Work on Chief Rum
Waiting Appointment

Work on Danny
Waiting appointment

Yet to Vote
Chief Rum
ntndeacon
Danny
Zinto
CrimsonFox
Old 02-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #1482
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks, JAG.

(Project: Medical center)
Priority: Next project

Do you want this change?

Actions can be added, as the vote to collect supplies by Narc added that as an option for you to choose from.

I am trying to create an open ended world. There will be some things that can't be done, or that require prerequisites (like you can't operate without a medical facility, you can't put someone in jail without a jail, etc...).
Old 02-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #1483
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Project: Medical Center
Priority: Next Project

Old 02-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #1484
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would like to see Autumn on me and ntndeacon on Danny. I know the move is out there to put it all on me, but we are very close to building a Medical Facility. If we can keep Danny alive long enough, that facility could drastically improve his ability to survive.

ntndeacon, as an EMT, knows how to deal with someone in critical condition. Autumn's likely greater medical skill, though, can help me, and hopefully he can get me up to the point where I can start to work again. Based on where my health is, I can reasonably guess that it may take only one day with a good doctor to get me back on my feet (if not 100% healthy).

I would like Science to prioritize Defense. Like they said, build a solid base, then we can start to go out and explore.

I will leave it to Engineering to decide what to improve upon.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:25 PM   #1485
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Do you want this change?

Actions can be added, as the vote to collect supplies by Narc added that as an option for you to choose from.

I am trying to create an open ended world. There will be some things that can't be done, or that require prerequisites (like you can't operate without a medical facility, you can't put someone in jail without a jail, etc...).

Interesting, thanks for pointing this out.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #1486
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
In regards to the government building, are we assuming that engineering and physical are going to be the useful traits again?

I don't know, you think some social ability might be needed? I could see that being a possibility , but it's hard to predict as we don't have much data. I do have some ability there so we are partially covered if that's true.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #1487
Zinto
College Starter

Vote Next Project - Medical Facility
Vote Action - Next Project
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #1488
Grover
Pro Starter

EF, was my post ways back about having Jackal working on improving the generators valid, or is that something I need to PM to you?

Old 02-20-2015, 06:42 PM   #1489
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post

I would think so
Old 02-20-2015, 06:43 PM   #1490
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
EF, was my post ways back about having Jackal working on improving the generators valid, or is that something I need to PM to you?

You would be the one working on that design.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #1491
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
You would be the one working on that design.

Ah ha, I thought it was something I could farm out to the minions.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #1492
Grover
Pro Starter

Engineering Project: Improve Generators

Old 02-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #1493
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

Waiting appointment
(saldana has volunteered - 1415)

Work on Chief Rum
Waiting Appointment

Work on Danny
Waiting appointment

Font...you really need to get on these...we cannot go another day without having things taken care of.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #1494
fontisian
College Prospect

We won't. I'm going through the stats and weighing my options.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #1495
fontisian
College Prospect

I assume Grover will be busy, so I'm substituting in Jackal. JAG's social score should help if that's necessary.

Appoint: Jackal, Saldana and JAG to the Government Building.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #1496
fontisian
College Prospect

Appoint: Autumn, ntndeacon and fontisian to Chief Rum

I suspect DanGarion and I have the same medical scores. Since he has engineering skills that may be useful for the med center and I have none, I'll place myself on Chief Rum over him.

That leaves the following people on building the med center:
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (AWFUL) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - CEO
Suicane - PHYSICAL (GOOD), retired politician with history of public service
CrimsonfoxSOCIAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD?) , SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE) , automechanic,
RavenSCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
britrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
shoveler - Private investigator

Geez. Another option is putting both me and DanGarion on Danny, but it'll be a wasted effort if he doesn't show up.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:35 PM   #1497
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1496

Project
Medical Center 18 - Thomkal (1296), Raven (1298), Narcizo (1312), JAG (1320), DanGarion (1337), timmae (1338), The Jackal (1353), Shoveler (1363), Autumn (1404), Grover (1406), Suicane75 (1407), Sharkn20 (1409), britrock88 (1420), GoldenEagle (1472), fontisian (1475), Chief Rum (1493), Zinto (1487)
Fix Communicator 1 - saldana (1415)

Action
Next Project 16 - Raven (1298), JAG (1320), Grover (1324), DanGarion (1337), timmae (1338), The Jackal (1353), Shoveler (1363), Autumn (1404), Suicane75 (1407), Sharkn20 (1409), saldana (1415), GoldenEagle (1472), fontisian (1475), Chief Rum (1493), Zinto (1487)
Collect Supplies 2 - Narcizo (1312), britrock88 (1420)
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Over Ridge 0
Yet to Vote - Thomkal (1296)

Resource Usage

The Jackal
saldana
JAG

Work on Chief Rum
Autumn
ntndeacon
fontisian

Work on Danny
Waiting appointment

Engineering Project
Improve Generators - Grover

Yet to Vote
ntndeacon
Danny
CrimsonFox
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #1498
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Danny hasn't shown up for almost 48 hours, I don't think you can anticipate him showing up.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #1499
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So everyone not directly named for a task or unable to work (me and Danny) are automatically working on the project (presumeably the Med Center), right? Just getting a handle on things.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #1500
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'm just going to throw this out. Do we really need 4 law enforcement type people with only 21 people in this colony...???
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote