Old 07-23-2020, 04:42 PM   #26101
QuikSand
lolzcat

...and, naturally, chaser:

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:01 PM   #26102
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It stuns me how he can ramble on such nonsense.

Yet he doesn't seem to be so vociferous in calling the virus a hoax (he still said it's going to go away).

I think it dawned on him that the virus and pandemic is really the only game in town. He is still blaming China, but the scary/sad part is, had he done this at the beginning in regards to dealing with the pandemic, he'd be coasting to re-election.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:04 PM   #26103
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Imagine being someone who donated to this campaign, for a reason other than purely gaining political favor or being named head of something unimportant like education. Like, if you really believed in something he said as a matter of policy.

I can't say I "feel for" that person, but I do wish he understood how coldly he's being played. Everything is a con.

The goobers are going to do as they do. It was evident to me that after Tulsa, Trump and his scum decided to grab as much cash as they can.

Should they steal the election, it won't be a big deal. Should they lose, I would expect Biden to find an empty white house.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 07-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #26104
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Should they steal the election, it won't be a big deal. Should they lose, I would expect Biden to find an empty white house.

Like all the china, silver, and portraits?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #26105
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
He doesn't worry me much because he's so unlikable. Josh Hawley, though...

Cotton and Hawley seem like the two names that come up in this vein. If Trump wins, we're on our way to really bad places. But even if he loses, he's drawn up the blueprint for the hardcore fascists that come after him.

SI

Old 07-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #26106
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Like all the china, silver, and portraits?

SI

Well maybe not the Obama portrait...
Old 07-23-2020, 06:17 PM   #26107
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Or Bush Jr.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #26108
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cotton and Hawley seem like the two names that come up in this vein. If Trump wins, we're on our way to really bad places. But even if he loses, he's drawn up the blueprint for the hardcore fascists that come after him.

SI

And the next one won't be lazy and stupid.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #26109
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Or the Bush and Clinton portraits he had put in what's effectively a storage room last week.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #26110
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Or the Bush and Clinton portraits he had put in what's effectively a storage room last week.

They’ll have a bonfire rally
Old 07-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #26111
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
They’ll have a bonfire rally

*Telerally

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:59 PM   #26112
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
*Telerally

*Telerally (TM, patent pending)

SI

Old 07-23-2020, 08:23 PM   #26113
RainMaker
General Manager

Lot of welfare for farmers in the new proposed bill.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:54 PM   #26114
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
...and, naturally, chaser:

Kinda of sucks for those businesses that made an investment based on the idea of the RNC coming to town.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:25 AM   #26115
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Kinda of sucks for those businesses that made an investment based on the idea of the RNC coming to town.

Yeah. Businesses in two cities (Charlotte and Jax) had expectations that were not fullfilled.

It is the right call as long as the virus is not contained. But it still sucks.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:04 AM   #26116
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Lot of welfare for farmers in the new proposed bill.

If we're going to spend a trillion dollars then we should just give a thousand dollar UBI to every adult legally here every month until the money runs out. That should last 4 to 5 months by my napkin calculations.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:06 AM   #26117
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
If we're going to spend a trillion dollars then we should just give a thousand dollar UBI to every adult legally here every month until the money runs out. That should last 4 to 5 months by my napkin calculations.

Remember how he bragged it was easy to win a trade war...what a fucking idiot.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #26118
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Rightly or wrongly, people blame the economy on the incumbent (or credit him if things are good).

If there were a way that things could somehow get worse for Trump than they already are, then this is it. I think that the numbers right now reflect strong displeasure for how the GOP has handled the virus. But people still had a rosy economic outlook. The V-shaped recovery and all that.

If that is changing, then my long-held "40% approval is Trump's floor" opinion might be proven wrong.

(Relatedly, a few weeks ago, GOP Senator Thom Tillis (in a tight race for reelection right now) said that the economy was still a winner for President Trump because people would remember how things were in February. And that seemed at least plausible then if a bit of a stretch. But, really, people just don't think like that. As someone noted "Were you better off 7 months ago than you were 4 years ago?" does not have quite the same ring to it as the original.)
Old 07-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #26119
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Holy shit!

https://twitter.com/saletan/status/1286493439312494599

Quote:
The White House says Stephen Miller's grandmother had mild COVID in March but "made a full and quick recovery.”

That's odd. She died on July 4, and the death certificate says COVID-19 led to her death from respiratory arrest.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #26120
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Cooper seems to be polling very well too. Has something like a 10+ point lead on the Republican challenger.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to hear about all sorts of "voter fraud" in NC by my MIL because she won't be able to comprehend how Cooper is going to win in November.

"Everyone I talked to down here voted against him . . . "
Old 07-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #26121
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Talk about outside the box political takes

Old 07-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #26122
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Wrongly, but you're right. That's why I think Trump lost the election when the virus hit China late last year. He's unpopular enough that without a strong economy there was no chance, and a strong economy will never survive a global pandemic.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #26123
AlexB
Pro Starter

He's not wrong
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #26124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

There may not be any grosser place on the internet then Aubrey Huffs twitter timeline.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:17 PM   #26125
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't know if these ads have changed a single mind, or if the point is just to piss Trump off, but they are great.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #26126
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

OMG, that's hilarious!
Old 07-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #26127
BYU 14
Coordinator

That is awesome!!!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #26128
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That really is amazing
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #26129
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

OK this is pretty funny too!

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 12:57 PM   #26130
Thomkal
Head Coach

Heh
Old 07-24-2020, 04:08 PM   #26131
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
So Federal Troops apparently on their way to Chicago and Albuquerque now.

Not sure what federal property there is to "defend". We have the Dirksen Building but I don't think that has seen any protests at all and is too ugly to vandalize anyway.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #26132
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's worked for Andrew Cuomo. You don't have to be perfect, or even good, but you do need to look like you're solving the problem and understand people's suffering.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:32 PM   #26133
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Making him a clown rather than a supervillain is the way to go, IMO.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #26134
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Not sure what federal property there is to "defend". We have the Dirksen Building but I don't think that has seen any protests at all and is too ugly to vandalize anyway.

you know it is just an opportunity to flex against the communities with gang problems, so he can again turn it into "Look what I am doing for the black community"

Unless of course Wrigley field is considered an important strategical location....
Old 07-24-2020, 07:13 PM   #26135
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Making him a clown rather than a supervillain is the way to go, IMO.

Agree and that narrative writes itself so nicely
Old 07-24-2020, 07:39 PM   #26136
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I don't know if these ads have changed a single mind, or if the point is just to piss Trump off, but they are great.
Our friends at @ProjectLincoln have outdone themselves with this ad. LOL, as the kids say.pic.twitter.com/KpCGibxY8Y
— Bill Kristol (@BillKristol) July 24, 2020

I feel really ooky when someone like Bill Kristol is "on my side". I'm willing to accept that maybe these people all believe that our very democracy is at stake.

But this is someone who killed the Clinton health care plan and helped start the Iraq War. I don't trust him any further than I can throw him and I'd watch my back as we get closer to election time.

SI

Old 07-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #26137
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I feel really ooky when someone like Bill Kristol is "on my side". I'm willing to accept that maybe these people all believe that our very democracy is at stake.

But this is someone who killed the Clinton health care plan and helped start the Iraq War. I don't trust him any further than I can throw him and I'd watch my back as we get closer to election time.

SI

My concern is that once Biden is President, they will go back to their old ways of calling any Dem "the greatest threat to democracy" and other such nonsense just because they are used to being into opposition to any thing Dems want to accomplish.

I would like to see a change in discussions over the various issues using facts and data and not hyperbole and insults. But I'm not holding my breath.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:51 PM   #26138
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

SI

Kristol has been anti Trump since the jump (2015 at least). So better to think of him that way.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:52 PM   #26139
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

SI

So how do you feel about Joe Biden helping to start the Iraq war?
Old 07-24-2020, 11:54 PM   #26140
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Disappointed. Though his overall track record is a lot better than Kristol's.

SI

Old 07-25-2020, 03:54 AM   #26141
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I feel as ooky about Joe Biden being on my side, if not more, than SI does about Bill Kristol being on his side.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:30 AM   #26142
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm okay with the executive orders. Ideally some sort of bipartianship deal would have been struck on prescription drug pricing but there's not been a lot of that since 2008.

I do think US has to pay a premium to sustain its innovation in drug research, production etc. and essentially subsidizing for much of the world. But more $ is spent on marketing than on research and I want some more balance.

Regardless, it does seem this will be a top-20 item on the Dem's agenda if they win the Presidency. Not sure it'll be a top-5 though.

With no new law to curb drug costs, Trump tries own changes for cheaper meds
Quote:
Unable to land the big deal with Congress to curb drug costs, President Donald Trump on Friday moved on his own to allow imports of cheaper medicines, along with other limited steps that could have some election-year appeal.

At a White House ceremony, Trump signed four executive orders. One was about importation. The others would direct drugmaker rebates straight to patients, provide insulin and EpiPens at steep discounts to low-income people, and use lower international prices to pay for some Medicare drugs.

Trump cast his directives as far-reaching, but they mostly update earlier administration ideas that have not yet gone into effect.

“I’m unrigging the system that is many decades old,” he declared, promising “massive” savings.

Consumers may not notice immediate changes, since the orders must be carried out by the federal bureaucracy and could face court challenges.

Democrats, meanwhile, are eager to draw a contrast between Trump and their own sweeping plans to authorize Medicare to negotiate lower prices with pharmaceutical companies, an idea the president had backed as a candidate. A bill by Speaker Nancy Pelosi already passed the House and aligns with presidential candidate Joe Biden's approach.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-25-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:31 AM   #26143
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

Sinclair stations are running a package with a claim from the Plandemic woman that Fauci created the COVID-19 virus and shipped it to China.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #26144
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
"Everyone I talked to down here voted against him . . . "

“ I didn’t see a single yard sign for him...”
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:43 PM   #26146
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

This Portland thing seems to have backfired spectacularly against the President. A Wall of Vets showed up in addition to the Wall of Moms and Wall of Dads.

https://twitter.com/Joshuajered/stat...350622208?s=19

Thousands (some reports say 10,000 but that seems a bit too much) now protesting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2020, 02:43 PM   #26147
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yeah, it keeps getting bigger every night. This town absolutely lives for this shit, I don't know what they were expecting. On the other hand, there's certainly plenty of imagery that fits into the FOX agenda as well.

I am proud of my local folks though, as we see the plan unfold to deploy troops in other cities across the US as part of the vague (and supposedly unrelated) 'Operation Legend' I hope that the backfire of trying to make an initial example of PDX & the volume of the resistance will instead only make that deployment as difficult as possible.

FYI here's a channel I've been watching with a collection of multiple live streams of the protest on a single screen (it's like a dystopian version of the RedZone network's octobox). There seems to be a live stream link put up around 8 or 9pm (pacific) every night:

AnterosLive - YouTube

Also: the unsung heroes of these protests are the drum corps.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-25-2020 at 02:49 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 04:24 PM   #26148
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
dola

Sinclair stations are running a package with a claim from the Plandemic woman that Fauci created the COVID-19 virus and shipped it to China.

Sinclair now says it will delay showing the program.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #26149
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

There aren't 38% cult members. It's more people who think the overall response has been overblown, 'cure worse than the disease' folks, etc.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 07:06 PM   #26150
RainMaker
General Manager

Things are going well in Minnesota.