Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #51
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Duh. PR, insincere/unwarranted apologies are a pretty common tactic just to make something die down. And they'd want it to die down in order to try to avoid shoving a guy that you've just spent a draft pick on even further under the bus than he already started.

I might be confused, but the Dolphins/Ireland definitely come out of this looking bad. They didn't draft Bryant. If they had clarified it immediately it would have been a much better PR move.

edit: I think because this was in two threads I lost track a bit. My point was already made twice before I did it.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 04-30-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
I might be confused, but the Dolphins/Ireland definitely come out of this looking bad. They didn't draft Bryant. If they had clarified it immediately it would have been a much better PR move.

edit: I think because this was in two threads I lost track a bit. My point was already made twice before I did it.

I was jumping between threads as well, and totally brain blanked about who drafted whom. In that light, erase the part about trying to help save the player from every wheel on the bus & instead insert "decided their their own guy didn't deserve to go completely under a bus for no good reason".

Frankly, it probably comes down to who do you believe. I've seen nothing historically from Bryant that gives him any credibility, so the benefit of my doubt goes to the team/exec.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-30-2010 at 04:14 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #53
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Frankly, it probably comes down to who do you believe. I've seen nothing historically from Bryant that gives him any credibility, so the benefit of my doubt goes to the team/exec.

It seems far more likely that something was said beforehand to prompt the prostitute question rather than Ireland just throwing it in out of the blue.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #54
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
It seems far more likely that something was said beforehand to prompt the prostitute question rather than Ireland just throwing it in out of the blue.

Doesn't have to be something said beforehand in the interview to directly prompt this. If you read some of the stuff about his mother - stuff the dolphins would have known before the interview - it seems extraordinarily unlikely that she has not exchanged sex for drugs or money at some point in his life.

Doesn't make asking the question right. Ditka had the best single statement summing up why you don't ask that question at the interview - "if you think you know, you know."
Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Maybe she ought to reconsider that whole "righteous indignation" thing.

"When they couldn't find enough dirt on him, they went to that," she told Fanhouse.com on Monday. "It was almost like a scheme. They should never have put that kind of thing or question on him. Whatever reason they chose to do that, they are talking about my charges of 12 years ago and running with it. I'm not OK with it. But we are both going to be OK."

It had previously been known that Angela Bryant was convicted for selling crack cocaine in 1997 and served 18 months in prison.

Lufkin, Texas, police records acquired by ESPN on Monday show that she also was arrested in April 2009 after she was caught selling crack cocaine to police informants. In August, she was found guilty of two felony counts for possession of a controlled substance and the manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance, and she was sentenced to 10 years' probation.

My question is how the hell did she get probation after already being convicted once?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #56
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

My question is how the hell did she get probation after already being convicted once?

Over crowded jails?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #57
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought that was pretty fucked too, Jon.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote