Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2008, 02:24 AM   #151
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Recruiting

PIPELINE

We have(quite by accident) added two new pipeline states in Texas and Maryland. It looks like we've lost South Carolina as a pipeline state.

Our Pipeline states are NC, VA, GA, FL, MD, and TX

Major Needs

Fullback: Still looking for a fullback.

Kicker: Badly.

Tight End: This is becoming a more desparate need. Any decent TE we find would start for us immediately.

Offensive Line: It looks like a constant battle to keep the O-line strong. We recruited 4 4* O-linemen last year, but have two more starters graduating this year, and one of those 4*'s last year came in a bit weak. We could, again this year, use any 4* linemen that we can get.

OLB: We got one solid recruit in Ben Glover but we lost so much at LB that this is still a need for us.

Strong Safety: We brought in two guys in the last two years, hoping to find our next starter after Mangram graduates. both suck. Mangram leaves this year, this is our last chance before we throw a guy barely rated 70 on the field.

Minor Needs

Defensive Tackle: Not a major need yet, but we will only have 4 on the roster next year, and one of those will be a senior, so we could use depth, or would love to find guys that would be capable of starting in 2-3 years.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 AM   #152
Radii
Head Coach

Preseason Recruiting[/b]

13 Players have NC State listed as their top school. They're all 3* and below. One is a SS and one is a De, so I'll add them and hope they are "easy gets"

46 players have NC State in their top 3. Again all 3* guys and below, and I see nothing that intrigues me.

Next I look by position for guys that have me in their top 10. A 5* ATH who looks like a CB goes on the board.

FB is another big disappointment. One 3* FB has me in his top 10. There are 3 4* FB's in this class. Two are in pipeline states so I'm going after them.

TE is worse, the best TE that has any initial interest is a 2* guy. I add a couple guys who happen to be in pipeline states and we'll see what we can do.

The best kicker in the country is a 2* K this year. I'm not wasting my time.

Preseason Recruiting Board

Name, State: Rating (National Position Rank)
Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Soft Committed to NC State
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Patrick Jackson, MD: **** (#2)
Leonard Swanson, GA: **** (#3)
Matt Beard, VA: *** (#6)

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Cory Moore, TX: **** (#2)
Casey Louis, FL: *** (#6)
Blake Spender, FL: *** (#8)

Tackles:

Jay Dukes, NC: **** (#5)

Guards:

Tim Tyler, FL: **** (#3)

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Kyle Arnold, NC: *** (#53)

Defensive Tackles:

Marque Jenkins, GA: **** (#5)
Martin Henderson, VA: *** (#17)

Outside Linebackers:

Jared Jackson, MD: *** (#31)
Chuck Lamb, TX: *** (#45)

Middle Linebackers:

Jason Brown, TX: **** (#2)

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Cedric Fifita, NJ: *** (#5)
Chris Nelson, TX: *** (#15)

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

John Scott, TN: ***** (#2)

The list is really kinda underwhelming. But i have such stellar talent at QB and HB, and a lot of good young WRs, and just the one 5* ATH interested in me this year. But it looks like this is going to almost certainly end up a worse class than the last couple season.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:53 AM   #153
Radii
Head Coach

Season Schedule

The game, by default, schedules me to play Texas and Texas Tech to finish out the year. Uh, no?

I switch things up and get rival ECU coming to town early for guys that are ready to visit right away. I replace Texas with Navy. If I kept Texas Tech on the schedule, I would have an A+ schedule. But, I think(espicially looking at my ACC schedule this year which I *hate*), I want another win instead.

Week 1: vs Cincinnati
Week 2: vs ECU
Week 3: at Maryland
Week 4: at North Carolina
Week 5: at Georgia Tech
Week 6: vs Virginia Tech
Week 7: at 3 Clemson
Week 8: vs Wake Forest
Week 9: BYE
Week 10: vs 4 Florida State
Week 11: vs Boston College
Week 12: vs Navy
Week 13: vs Arkansas State
Week 14: BYE

Strength of Schedule: A

3 games on the road to open the ACC season, then I get Virginia Tech, then I have to go to Clemson. That is a ridiculously bad stretch of 5 games, while all the early road games are winnable, road games make me nervous, and starting out with 3 of them makes me extra nervous.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:58 AM   #154
Radii
Head Coach

Preseason Top 25

1. Notre Dame
2. Texas
3. Clemson
4. Florida State

5. Florida
6. Georgia
7. Texas A&M
8. Alabama
9. Oklahoma
10. Washington
11. Wisconsin
12. LSU
13. USC
14. Cal
15. Tennessee
16. Penn State
17. NC State
18. BYU
19. Boise State
20. Auburn
21. Michigan
22. Ohio State
23. Missouri
24. West Virginia
25. Pittsburgh

Last year We were given B+ OVR, B+ OFF, B+ DEF in these ratings. This year we're down to a B Overall, B on offense, while still a B+ on defense. Special Teams is a B-.

Just barely out of the top 25, North Carolina is #26, Miami #28, and Virginia Tech #30. Boston College is #35, Wake Forest #40, and Georgia Tech #47. We play all of these teams except for Miami
Old 08-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #155
Radii
Head Coach

2012 ACC Outlook

We're rated 3rd overall in the ACC. Unfortunately, also 3rd in the ACC Atlantic.

Atlantic

1. Clemson
2. Florida State
3. NC State
4. Boston College
5. Wake Forest
6. Maryland

Coastal

1. North Carolina
2. Miami
3. Virginia Tech
4. Georgia Tech
5. Virginia
6. Duke
Old 08-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #156
Radii
Head Coach

Toughest Places to Play

Carter-Finley Stadium is listed as the #25 tougest place to play right now. We've won 9 home games in a row, not the longest streak in the country, but close. 4 or 5 teams have 10 and 11 game winning streaks.

Preseason All-Americans

SS Roy Mangram (SR) is a 1st team preseason All-American

We've got no one on the second team.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:11 AM   #157
Radii
Head Coach

NC State Recruiting Ratings

These have been improving year by year, and I haven't really mentioned them.

Academic Prestige: VG
Campus Lifestyle: VG
Coach Experience: EX
Coach Prestige: VG (this is improved from last year)
Conference Prestige: EX
Championship Contender: EX (this is improved from last year)
Athletic Facilities: EX
Fan Base: GR
Pro Factory: VG
Program Stability: GR (improved from Good last year)
Program Tradition: EX (improved from last year)
Television Exposure: Fair

EX = Excellent
GR = Great
VG = Very Good
G = Good
Fair = Fair

In my first season, NC State only has 2 attributes at Excellent. We've been able to increase that to 5 now, a huge boost in our ability to recruit.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:27 AM   #158
Radii
Head Coach

these are always subject to change, but based on how I play the game and things I've noticed, I am adding some house rules. I really don't plan on limiting things much, as I'm obviously not just cruising to national titles here. But I want to be playing a good, realistic game of football.

HOUSE RULES

Gameplay

1. No intentional stalling of the game clock unless up 21, down 21(ie just trying to get the damn game over with), or with less than 3:30 to go in the game.

-The CPU doesn't manage the game clock to its advantage until the last few minutes, so neither will I.

2. I may only go for it on 4th down based on these parameters:

1st half: Between my opponent's 35 and 40 yard line. 4th and 1.
3rd quarter: On my opponent's half of the field. 4th and 2 or less.

-- Its just too easy to get a 3rd and 5 situation and run the ball, knowing that as long as I get to within 2 yards of the marker I'll get it fairly easily on 4th down. In the first half, the CPU is throwing in these spots and punting when they miss. In the 2nd half the CPU goes for it a lot more, which is why I back it out to midfield and 4th and 2 instead of just 4th and 1.

3. I must maintain a 3:2 ratio of runs/passes at all times. I will check the stats at the end of each quarter. If I am running the ball more than 60% of the time, I must intentionally throw the ball away on every offensive posession(except for punts) until the ratio is back to within a 3:2 run/pass ratio.

-- I obviously run the ball much better than I pass. I fully believe this is due to my stick abilities and not any flaws in the game. but i'd like to make sure I maintain a realistic level of play here. I think I naturally end up in this range most of the time anyway, 30 runs to 20 passes, etc. But there are times where I just run it forever.

Recruiting

1, I may not add new players to my recruiting board during the offseason recruiting period unless it is to fill a required team need where I will not have enough players at a given position during the next season.

-- My results last year were a bit... off. I landed a 4* and 4 3* players by adding them in offseason week one and totally half-assed recruiting them. That shouldn't happen. My recruiting strategy is pretty straight forward at this point. I add between 12-18 players to my board initially, replacing them if I have to drop off some, and sometimes adding new ones as I land players, and I usually end up with a recruiting class in the 12-20 player range. There is no need to artificially inflate that/pan for gold by cherry picking 4* guys that the CPU overlooks.

Last edited by Radii : 08-28-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:54 AM   #159
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 1

Recruiting

I have 17 guys on my recruiting board, and there is no way I'm going to get to all of them. Right now I consider FB and TE in crisis mode and will spend all the time I need to on the gusy I have at those positions. I'm trying to get someone, anyone, to throw me in their top 10 so I can choose a target to go hard after

I also make time for the 2 guys that list me #1, and the 5* ATH that I am after. 4 4* targets didn't get any attention at all. I'm worried about this and expect to narrow down the list next week and get these 4* guys up near the top.

Week 1 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 1 Game

Cincinnati at #17 NC State

Time to see how we're rated(I know of no other way to get the numerical value expect for starting the week 1 game). Yup, I was right. We are listed at 84 overall. 83 on offense, 87 on defense. That's of course fine but I hate seeing that number go down even a little. Cinci is rated 73 overall.

On his first college play, Bullock goes up the middle for 9 yards. Welcome to the team, buddy. Hah. On his 3rd play, he fumbles. But we recover.

1st: 0-0 (9 passes, 5 runs)

Half: 3-3 (14 passes, 11 runs - 2.8 yards per carry kinda dictating this one)

3rd: 10-9 CIN (19 passes, 17 runs - Bullock finally broke a big run, 30 yards. I missed an XP to explain the 1 point deficit. Can't believe I missed an XP).

Well, we score a TD to open up the 4th quarter, and make a two point conversion to go up 17-10. Cincinnati drives on us but we stop them on the 10 yard line, and force a FG, 17-13. We are able to get into FG range and push the lead back up to 7, 20-13, with about 2 minutes left. We're looking to keep them in front of us, make them burn clock trying to move down the field... and they get a 70 yard TD pass on their first play, thanks to about 3 broken tackles by the WR. But... they MISS the extra point. 20-19 and we win.

Glennon: 16-25, 150 yards, 1 TD/1 INT
Bullock: 27 carries, 94 yards, 1 TD
Brown: 3 rec, 48 yards
McPhee: 2 rec, 12 yards, 1 TD

#17 NC State 20
Cincinnati 19

This team is just noticibly not as good as last year. Bullock is going to be great, but he lacks the speed I'm used to at RB. I noticed 3 or 4 runs where Underwood hits the corner and goes for 15 yards, but a speedy safety gets up in time to prevent that and tackles Bullock for a 3 yard gain.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 AM   #160
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 2

Recruiting

I'm very, very worried about this recruiting class. FB Patrick Johnson has already signed elsewhere. None of the TE's and FB's I made offers to put me in their top 10, and a couple of them list their "stage" as already down to top 5 teams, which seems to be impossible to break into.

We try one more week on a couple of these TE/FB's but may have to just bring in some 2*'s for depth until we find someone who has more interest later in these thin recruiting classes.

I was able to make time to get scholarship offers out to all the 4* guys that had some early interest and will begin focusing more heavily on them after this week.
Week 2 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 2 Game

ECU (0-0) at #17 NC State (1-0)

ECU is rated 62 overall, they have an ok offense but terrible D. I expect better things than I saw vs Cincinnati.

1st: 10-3 ECU (8 passes, 7 runs)

Halftime: 17-10 ECU (12 passes, 14 runs)

3rd: 23-20 ECU (18 passes, 20 runs)

ECU gets a FG to start the 4th quarter, but we are able to put together a nice drive, ending in a 5 yard TD run for Bullock, to take a 27-26 lead. EcU gets to midfield but we're able to stop them there and get the ball back, a couple first downs allows us to run out the last 2 minutes of the game.

Glennon: 18-23, 232 yards, 1 TD/3 INT
Bullock: 28 carries, 92 yards, 1 TD
Brown: 8 rec, 121 yards, 1 TD

#17 NC State 27
ECU 26

Last edited by Radii : 08-29-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #161
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 3

Recruiting

TE Cory Moore bumped us up to #4 on his list, behind Florida, Texas A&M, and TCU, so that's going to be a tough nut to crack, but I think we have to try.

FB Leonard Swanson has us at 6th. But only 3 other schools have given him scholarship offers, so that's a bit disconcerting too.

Week 3 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 3 Game

#16 NC State (2-0) at Maryland (0-1)

After struggling so badly at home I'm nervous about any road game. We really need this one with trips to Chapel Hill and Blacksburg coming up though.

Maryland is an improving team. They're rated 79 this year.

1st: 7-0 NCSU (5 passes, 6 runs)

2nd: 23-7 Maryland (15 passes, 12 runs)

We had 3 INts and a fumble in the 2nd quarter. Pretty much could not have possibly gone worse.

3rd: 23-14 Maryland (24 passes, 19 runs)

arrrrgh. We get a TD with about 1:30 to go in the game to cut the lead to 2. We try an onside kick but fail. We stack up on the run and force a punt, but have to use all 3 of our time outs. The best we can do is get down to the 30 yard line. Unfortunately I fuck up the spike ball instruction somehow(I guess I puonded on the X key and ended up audibling into a run), I threw the ball away but got a grounding call. I've got a kicker rated under 60 trying to kick a 50 yard field goal. Its also the first time i've ever been iced by the other team on a FG attempt... so basically, no chance in hell. Its short and wide.

Glennon: 25-41 288 yards, 0 TD/4 INT
Bullock: 19 carries, 45 yards, 1 TD
Green: 6 rec, 93 yards

Bullock is just a power back, except my O-line has a couple weak spots, and he isn't breaking enough tackles to do anything. Carter is rated worse but has a ton more speed. i'm thinking about switching it up at HB.

Maryland 23
#16 NC State 21

Last edited by Radii : 08-30-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #162
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 4

Recruiting

TE Moore and FB Swanson both bump us up to 3rd this week, and are ready for visits, they'll be checking out our game vs Wake Forest in week 8. We've settled in finally to a more normal recruiting cycle with some hope.

Week 4 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 4 Game

NC state (2-1) at #22 North Carolina (2-0)

We beat UNC for the first time last year at home. I'm not terribly optimistic about our chances on the road the way we've been playing, but we shall see.

UNC is rated 81 overall, so we have a slight edge.

1st: 14-0 NC State (9 passes, 9 runs)

Halftime: 34-7 NC State(yes, you're reading that right) - 15 passes, 12 runs

It's 47-10 with 1 minute left in the 3rd when i go ahead and super sim it out.

UNC threw 4 INT's, we took 2 of them back to the house and scored almost every time we touched the ball. Just an amazing turnaround from the first 3 games where we felt like we were never in control of anything.

I started Carter at HB for the extra speed, but, he got hurt on the very first drive and Bullock played the entire first half. Carter came back in the 3rd.

Glennon: 16-20, 320 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT
Bullock: 21 carries, 71 yards, 1 TD
Green: 4 rec, 49 yards
Brown: 4 rec, 83 yards

NC State 59
#22 North Carolina 10
Old 08-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #163
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Way to go, Dick Sheridan!
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:39 AM   #164
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 5

We're back in the top 25 after our huge win over North Carolina. We're #24 in the nation.

Recruiting

I'm slowly feeling better about recruiting this year. We've made great headway with 4* TE Cory Moore, he's got us #1 now. It's still going to be a big stretch to pull in more than 8 or 9 of our initial targets, which is low compared to the last few years.

Week 5 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 5 Game

#24 NC state (3-1, 1-1 ACC) at Georgia Tech (1-2, 0-1 ACC)

Lee has Tech winning this one. Kirk is on our side though. Tech's ACC loss came at Va Tech. Tech is rated 79 overall, slightly lower than us.

1st: 3-0 NCSU (6 passes, 10 runs) <-- that's the first time i've ever broken my rule I've got the ball, and throw it away on 2nd down like the house rules state to open the 2nd.

2nd: 20-14 NCSU (14 passes, 15 runs) <-- crazy 2nd quarter. Each team had a pick 6, and each team broke a 40+ yard run for a TD. We added an extra FG to go up 6.

3rd: 27-21 NCSU (23 passes, 25 runs)

We score early in the 4th to go up 34-21. Ga Tech, however, returns the kickoff back for a touchdown, cutting it to 34-28. We are unable to score on our next drive, and Tech puts together a huge 15 play drive. We're just not able to stop them, and tech goes up 35-34. An INT on our last drive ends the game. Tech gets a TD with 6 seconds left instead of kneeling. Assholes.

Glennon: 19-30, 146 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT
Carter: 24 carries, 143 yards, 1 TD
Brown: 6 rec, 67 yards, 1 TD

Georgia Tech 42
#24 NC State 34
Old 08-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #165
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 6

Well this is officially a down year from last year's great 10-2 season, ugh. We're 3-2 with games vs Va Tech and at Clemson up next.

Recruiting

We've got 4 kids coming to visit this week. Other than that, no major news here.

Week 6 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 6 Game

#21 Virginia Tech (5-0, 1-0 ACC) at NC State (3-2, 1-2 ACC)

This is a critical game for us, given that we've lost two close ones already to teams we should beat, and still have Clemson and FSU on the schedule. A win salvages a reasonable chance of a 4-4 ACC finish.

Virginia Tech is rated precisely the same as we are in all areas.

1st: 14-3 NC State (7 passes, 7 runs - we're on the VT 3 yard line as the quarter ends also)

2nd: 35-10 NC state (16 passes, 15 rushes)

It's 42-10 in the 3rd quarter when I supersim out the rest of it.

Glennon: 20-25 260 yards, 4 TD/0 INT
Carter: 23 carries, 134 yards, 2 TD
Brown: 7 rec, 107 yards, 1 TD

NC State 52
#21 Virginia Tech 19
Old 09-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #166
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 7

We're unranked in the coaches poll but #25 in the Media poll after our big win last week. Don't expect that to last.

Recruiting

Mostly good news this week, the guys that visited all had A- trips. 4* Fullback swanson has us listed #1 for the first time this season, so that is huge. 4* Guard Tim Tyler dropped us to #2 behind Wisconsin, but he comes in to visit in Week 8 vs Wake Forest.

Week 7 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 7 Game

NC State (4-2, 2-2 ACC) at #4 Clemson (5-0, 4-0 ACC)

Clemson, suprisingly to me, is only rated 86 overall(88 O/87 D), but, they have always had great speed and Death Valley is a terribly difficult place to win.

1st: 7-0 Clemson (6 passes, 4 runs - we have 2 INT's, this should be MUCH worse)

Half: 21-14 Clemson (11 passes, 10 runs - this is going as well as possible for us. Clemson has 306 total yards, we have 95...)

3rd: 31-28 Clemson (14 passes, 19 runs)

We have the ball to open the 4th quarter, and Glennon hits Brown for a 55 yard completion early in the quarter to give NC State a 35-31 lead. We've struggled all day stopping clemson, and this is no exception. they breeze their way past midfield, and we need a big play for a stop. We get a huge play, a sack on 2nd and 10, that forces Clemson into a 3rd and 21. They have to punt.

Our next drive is a good one, but stalls around the Clemson 20. A horrible grounding penalty knocks us back to the 29, and we miss a 46 yard FG. If I lose this one I'm going to be pretty mad at myself, having missed two FG's on the day.

Clemson ball, and they drive easily again, running the clock under 2 minutes and getting inside the 10. We force an incomplete pass, then they try an option run that gets them to about the 5. On 3rd down they pass and we break it up. 4th and 5, they go for it, run a draw play, and we have it totally stuffed. NC STATE WINS.

Glennon: 14-20, 174 yards, 1 TD/1 INT
Carter: 20 carries, 220 yards, 3 TD <-- carter broke 2 huge runs of 60+ yards, there were a lot of missed tackles and he has a TON of speed to get outside.
Brown: 4 rec, 95 yards, 1 TD <-- Brown broke a 54 yard TD catch to give us the winning score.

And, a rare defensive shout out.

Mangram: 7 tackles, 1 TFL, 3 INT, 1 TD

all in all we had 4 INTs on the day and that is why we won. When they didn't turn it over we had a VERY hard time stopping them.

NC State 35
#4 Clemson 31
Old 09-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #167
Radii
Head Coach

With our earlier wins over ECU and North Carolina,and now our massive upset over Clemson, we have gone undefeated versus our rivals for the first time!
Old 09-01-2008, 01:48 AM   #168
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 8

We move all the way up to 19th in the Media Poll. We're unranked in the coaches poll(#27 using the 'others receiving votes' list).

Recruiting

4* MLB Jason Brown has soft committed to Notre Dame. I don't think we can get him back.

Because we are focusing heavily on the FB and TE we're recruiting, as well as the 5* ATH, we're having trouble making time for everyone on the list. This week is our big visit week, with 6 guys coming to see us play Wake Forest. I'm really hoping I can get a commmit or two after this week.

Week 8 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 8 Game

Wake Forest (4-2, 2-2 ACC) at NC State (5-2, 3-2 ACC)

Lee's picking Wake. Their only two losses are at FSU, and at Clemson. They cruhed Maryland at Maryland, heh. They are rated pretty low though, 72 overall, 73 O/76 D. I think the difference in me struggling vs ECU and Maryland and expecting to win here is the switch to having Carter start at RB instead of Bullock.

1st: 14-7 Wake (3 passes, 7 runs) <-- OOPS. Throwing away my next 2 passes.

Half: 17-17 (10 passes, 13 runs)

3rd: 31-26 Wake (18 passes, 20 runs)

Oh man. What the hell is up with this team. We score and hit the 2 point conversion to go up 34-31. We hold Wake and are driving, trying to put it out of reach, and Glennon throws a pick 6. 38-35 Wake. We return the kickoff for a TD, and its 42-38, NC State. We hold Wake again and get the ball back with about 2:30 to go. I need 1 first down to at least make them burn timeouts. We've got a 3rd and 12, and I call a pass play, I misread the corner and through a quick out to a guy that I thought was going to be wide open. The corner was in a zone though and not on the man I expected, he jumps it, returns it for a TD and we lose.

Glennon: 15-25 182 yards, 0 TD/2 INT
Carter: 25 carries, 190 yards, 4 TD
Brown: 5 rec, 69 yards

Just a ridiculous loss.

Wake Forest 45
NC State 41
Old 09-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #169
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 9

Recruiting

Well, the recruits that came to town to see us lose to an inferior Wake Forest team aren't exactly thrilled. Visits are in the B-/C+ range.

We do, however, get 3 soft commits despite our bad visits. 3* DE Kyle Arnold, 4* DE Tim Tyler, and 5* ATH John Scott all soft commit with NC State! If I could land those next week it'd be a huge win for us.

MLB Brown officially goes with Notre Dame.

Week 9 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 9 Game

BYE
Old 09-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #170
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 10

We're playing a great team in FSU this week, so I assume we win by 50? What a crazy season so far.

Recruiting

SCORE. 5* ATH John Scott and 3* DE Kyle Arnold both commit to NC State! Scott is the #6 ranked recruit in the nation. He'll most likely end up a CB, but we'll see when things roll in during the offseason.

We also get soft commits from BOTH of our top two targets, 4* TE Moore and 4* FB Swanson.

Bad news too though. 4* G Tim Tyler, who had soft committed to us last week pulls a complete 180 and hard commits with Wisconsin... we'll miss him.

Week 10 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

-

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

-

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 10 Game

#2 Florida State (8-0, 6-0 ACC) at NC State (5-3, 3-3 ACC)

FSU is rated 91 OVR, 86 O/96 D. Should be fun.

1st: 7-6 NCSU (5 passes, 4 runs)

Half: 13-7 FSU (16 passes, 9 runs) <-- Glennon threw an INT at the FSU 15 to screw up one drive. FSU ran a 13 play drive for their TD after that. Bleh.

3rd: 27-14 FSU (23 passes, 18 runs)

FSU was driving to really put the game away, but a pick and a 94 yard TD return for CB Cunningham changes everything! That's really the first mistake FSU has made all day. And with that INT, CUnningham has 17 INTs for his career, a new NC State record.

holy shit. We force a punt, but Williams fumbles it and FSU picks it up and takes it to the house to go back up 2 scores with 5:30 left in the game.

We drive down the field but it takes a looong time, and after we get first and goal at the FSU 9, we're sacked on 3 straight plays, and a desparation toss into the end zone doesn't work. Game over.

We do try to burn our time outs and get it back for a miracle. It fails, and lets FSU get close enough to score again :P

We were getting the ball back on a punt down by 6... that fumbled punt changed everything.

Glennon: 21-32, 251 yards, 1 TD/2 Int
Carter: 17 carries, 35 yards, 1 TD
Brown: 6 rec, 70 yards

#2 Florida State 42
NC State 21
Old 09-01-2008, 03:44 AM   #171
Radii
Head Coach

Week 11 Top 25

1. Texas (9-0)
2. Florida State (9-0)
3. Georgia (8-0)
4. Ohio State (8-0)
5. USC (8-0)
6. Kansas (9-0)
7. Boise State (8-0)
8. TCU (8-0)
9. Clemson (8-1)
10. Notre Dame (6-1)
11. Auburn (7-1)
12. West Virginia (7-1)
13. Florida (7-2)
14. Alabama (7-2)
15. LSU (6-2)
16. Wisconsin (7-2)
17. Oklahoma (7-2)
18. Penn State (7-2)
19. BYU (7-1)
20. Fresno State (8-0)
21. Cal (7-2)
22. UCF (8-1)
23. TExas A&M (6-3)
24. USF (7-1)
25. Tennessee (6-3)

9 undefeated teams remain. 2 of Texas' final 3 games are against ranked opponents(Notre Dame/Texas A&M). Florida State still has Clemson and Florida left.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:46 AM   #172
Radii
Head Coach

ACC Standings

Atlantic Division

1. Florida State 9-0 (7-0)
2. Clemson 8-1 (6-1)
3. Wake Forest 6-3 (4-3)
4. Maryland 3-5 (3-3)
5. NC State 5-4 (3-4)
6. Boston College 4-5 (2-4)

Coastal

1. Miami 5-4 (3-3)
2. North Carolina 5-4 (3-4)
3. Georgia Tech 4-5 (3-4)
4. Virginia 5-3 (2-3)
5. Virginia Tech 6-4 (2-4)
6. Duke 2-7 (1-6)

The coastal division is a huge mess.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:49 AM   #173
Radii
Head Coach

Award Semifinalists

Roy Mangram is #2 in the running for the Thorpe award. He's the only NCSU player up for anything. Mangram is having another great year, 58 tackles, 3 INTs, 1 TD.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:50 AM   #174
Radii
Head Coach

One final note before we get back to it.

Freshman MLB Brandon Davis(70 tackles, 12 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 def. TD) was diagnosed with a severe concussion in the 3rd quarter of the Florida State game. He is out for the season.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:00 AM   #175
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 11

Recruiting

I was hoping both my soft commits would sign, but I'll have to be happy with one. 4* FB Leonard Swanson has signed!! Thank god, a fullback.

Good news: TE Moore is still leaning towards us. SS Nelson and DT Jenkins have both soft committed to NC State.

Bad News: FB Beard has soft committed to Virginia Tech(not real bad since we got our top target there). T Dukes has soft committed to Michigan. If we cannot get him back this will be a major disappointment. I thought we had the lead on 2 4* O-linemen and we may lose out on both.

I add 4 more guys to the my board this week.

Week 11 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

Danny Roberts, GA: *** (#83)

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Clint Bush, GA: **** (#16)

Middle Linebackers:

Marcello Slaughter, TX: **** (#4)

Cornerbacks:

Maurice Galloway, GA: *** (#30)

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 11 Game

Boston college (4-5, 2-4 ACC) at NC State (5-4, 3-4 ACC)

We host Boston College in a pretty critical game. We want to get bowl eligible, and we want to finish .500 in the ACC. BC is rated horribly, 69 overall, but after Wake Forest, I'm ready for anything.

1st: 7-0 NCSU (10 passes, 10 runs)

Half: 27-14 NCSU (15 passes, 16 runs) <-- no big plays/defensive TD's here. Just neither team able to stop the other at all.

I quick sim it out when we score 2 straight touchdowns and go up 41-14 in the 3rd.

Glennon: 12-20, 133 yards, 2 TD/1 INT
Carter: 19 carries, 139 yards, 3 TD
Brown: 5 rec, 38 yards, 1 TD

NC State 54
Boston College 21
Old 09-01-2008, 05:01 AM   #176
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 12

Recruiting

Its a big week for us, T Jay Dukes(stolen back from Michgan!), DT Marque Jenkins, and TE Corey Moore all sign with us!

FB Matt Beard signs with Va Tech, no suprise there.

We get a soft commit from SS Chris Nelson(I marked him as red last week by accident). OLB Jared Jackson has soft committed to Va Tech. We're losing a lot of guys to them this year.

Its not a steller class early or anything, but 1 5*, 4 4*'s, and a 3* at positions we could all use, much like our regular season(we're now 6-4), its not spectacular but its shaping up ok.

Week 12 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 12 Game

Navy (3-5) at NC State (6-4)

We expect easy wins in our last two games. Navy is rated 62 overall.

We score 14 on our first two posessions and just supersim this one out.

Glennon: 21-27, 288 yards, 1 TD
Carter: 37 carries, 154 yards, 2 TD
Brown; 5 rec, 68 yards

NC State 36
Navy 10
Old 09-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #177
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 13

We're up to 7-4 with one more cupcake left before we go bowling.

Recruiting

One signing this week, 3* SS Chris Nelson will be joining the pack!

3* WR Danny Roberts(one of the late additions ot the board) bumps us up to #1 and we get an immediate commit from him when offering a scholarship.

Week 13 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 13 Game

Arkansas State (4-6) at NC State (7-4)

Another game I hope I can supersim early. Arkansas State is rated a ridiculously bad 53 OVR.

I go 59 yards on 2 plays to go up 7-0. Screw this, really not interested in playing this one

NC State 58
Arkansas State 10
Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #178
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
1. Texas (9-0)
2. Florida State (9-0)
3. Georgia (8-0)
4. Ohio State (8-0)
5. USC (8-0)
6. Kansas (9-0)
7. Boise State (8-0)
8. TCU (8-0)

The teams above were all undefeated after week 10. Lets see what happened to each.

Texas: Lost to both Notre Dame and Texas A&M. 10-2, ranked 13th.
Florida State: Beat Clemson. Still has #9 Florida on the schedule. Ranked #1 and undefeated.
Georgia: Lost at Auburn. Ranked #4, 10-1 with one game left and the SEC Title game.
Ohio State: Lost vs Michigan. Still has to visit #11 LSU to end the season.
USC: Lost to Notre Dame. Currently ranked #5.
Kansas: Lost at home to Kansas State. Ranked #10.
Boise State: Lost at home to Fresno State. Ranked 8th.
TCU: Still undefeated. games vs Purdue and Oregon remaining. TCU likely favored in both.

So currently the only two undefeated teams are Florida State and TCU. If Florida State can get by Florida they're in. TCU has these two games.

Should either lose, Notre Dame is ranked 3rd and Georgia 4th.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:45 PM   #179
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 14

Recruiting

We lose SS Cedric Fifita to Penn State. 3* DT Martin Henderson has soft committed to us.

Week 14 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 14 Game

BYE
Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #180
Radii
Head Coach

TCU crushes Purdue and Florida State beats Florida in overtime. FSU will be in the national title game.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #181
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Week 15

Recruiting

3* DT Martin Henderson is heading our way. 3* OLb chuck Lamb has soft committed.

Week 15 Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Week 15 Game

BYE
Old 09-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #182
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Conference Championship Week

Recruiting

3* OLB Chuck Lamb signs.

Conference Championship Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #183
Radii
Head Coach

2012 GATOR BOWL

The 2012 Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Florida will feature Pittsburgh out of the Big East vs NC State from the ACC! Both teams are 8-4.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #184
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
FSU will be in the national title game.

I forgot all about the ACC Championship game, hah. But FSU does win it.

Conference Championship Week

ACC: Florida State 32, Miami 28
SEC: Auburn 38, Georgia 21
Big 12: Texas 38, Kansas 28
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #185
Radii
Head Coach

GATOR BOWL

Pittsburgh (8-4, Big East #3) vs NC State (8-4, ACC #4)

Both teams are unranked. Lee and Kirk both are picking Pitt. Pitt is rated 79 OVR(81 O/80 D) compared to our 84 OVR(83 O/87 D)

1st Quarter

Pitt drives down the field on the opening drive but Mangram picks off a pass in the end zone! After that, we each punt once, and we're going to be punting yet again back to Pitt to start quarter #2.

0-0.

2nd Quarter

Pitt goes 3 and out and we finally get the first big play of the game. AJ Carter breaks 2 tackles and gets outside to break a 76 yard TD run to put us up 7-0 with 5:54 left in the half. backup LB Brant gets an INT at midfield on the next drive!

gaaaaaaah. We complete a pass on our next drive, but Brown fumbles and Pitt picks it up. Glennon gets to the defende and tackles him, and while making the tackle hurts himself and is out for the game. His career as a member of the Wolfpack is over. Its up to the backup now.

Pitt kicks a 26 yard FG on their next drive, 7-3 NC State. We have to punt and Pitt is able to get another FG before the half. 7-6 NC State. Annnnnnnnnnd, I'm a moron. Trying to do something with 25 seconds left, I throw a pick 6.

Pittsburgh 13
NC State 7

HALFTIME

Glennon went 9-10 with 91 yards before getting hurt.
Meyers is 1-2 for 12 yards and an INT

Carter has 5 carries for 97 yards, thanks to that big TD run.

3rd Quarter

After each team goes 3 and out, we put together a 10 play, 65 yard drive, Carter finishes it off with a 7 yard TD. 14-13 NC State.

Pittsburgh uses a 30 yard run of their own to set up a 42 yard FG with 2:35 left in the 3rd. 16-14 Pittsburgh.

We're driving as the 3rd ends.

4th Quarter

We miss a 48 yard field goal a few plays after the 4th opens.

Carter gets a 30 yard run, and after that we struggle and fight for every yard. It takes 13 plays and over 3 minutes, but we go 80 yards and score. Carter takes it in from 1 foot out. We go for 2, and who else but AJ Carter takes it in for the conversion. 22-16 NC State

2:28 left in the game at this point.

Pitt takes their time, mixing in some runs and passes. They convert a 4th and inches on our 35 yard line, and keep it moving. 1st and 10 from from the 22 yard line with 40 seconds to go. We get a sack for a 2 yard loss, then an incompletion. On 3rd down they complete a 9 yard pass, setting up a 4th and 1 from the NC State 13. They go for a pass over the middle, and its broken up!! NC STATE WINS.

Glennon: 9-10, 91 yards
Meyers: 13-17, 111 yards, 0 TD/1 INt

Carter: 22 carries, 163 yards, 3 TD

Brown: 7 rec, 45 yards

GATOR BOWL

NC State 22
Pittsburgh 16
Old 09-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #186
Radii
Head Coach

BOWL RESULTS

ACC teams and Ranked teams included

Las Vegas Bowl: Cal 21, #24 BYU 16

Hawaii Bowl: #19 Fresno State 42, ECU 35

Holiday Bowl: #17 Texas A&M 41, UCLA 35

Champs Sports Bowl: #23 Wisconsin 38, Virginia Tech 10

Texas Bowl: #14 Oklahoma 45, UAB 10

Emerald Bowl: Virginia 40, Washington 38

Meineke Car Care Bowl: North Carolina 45, Rutgers 28

Liberty Bowl: Tennessee 21, #22 UCF 19

Humanitarian Bowl: #25 Kansas State 49, Boston College 14

Armed Forces Bowl: #12 Boise State 19, Oregon 17

Music City Bowl: #15 Alabama 38, Wake Forest 7

Peach Bowl: Ole Miss 42, Miami 17

Outback Bowl: #11 Florida 38, #20 Michigan 17

Capital One Bowl: #16 Penn State 24, #10 Georgia 21 (OT)

Cotton Bowl: #18 LSU 33, #13 Kansas 3

BCS Bowls

Rose: #7 Ohio State 28, #4 USC 20

Sugar: #6 Auburn 30, #5 West Virginia 26

Fiesta: #8 Texas 45, #9 Clemson 35

Orange: #3 Notre Dame 31, #21 South Florida 21

NATIONAL TITLE GAME:

#1 Florida State 30, #2 TCU 20
Old 09-02-2008, 01:19 AM   #187
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm still following.

Looks like you got a solid recruiting class coming in. NC State is just fucking terrible in my dynasty.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #188
Radii
Head Coach

Award Winners

WR Kyle Williams is the returner of the year (29.9 KR average, 1 TD / 12.8 PR average, 1 TD)

SS Roy Mangram wins the Thorpe Award! (77 tackles, 6 INT, 1 TD)

1st Team All-Americans

CB Akeem Cunningham, SR

SS Roy Mangram, SR

Returner Kyle Williams, SO

Freshmen All-Americans

HB Ben Bullock

1st Team All-ACC

HB AJ Carter, SO
LG Yomni Ojo, SR
CB Akeem Cunningham, SR
SS Roy Mangram, SR
P Tucker Anderson, FR
Returner Kyle Williams, SO

2nd Team All-ACC

DT Derek Hicks, JR
CB Nate Jones, JR
FS Matt Wade, FR
Old 09-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #189
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
I'm still following.

Awesome

Quote:
Looks like you got a solid recruiting class coming in. NC State is just fucking terrible in my dynasty.

This class is small but fills a lot of needs I think, so I'm pleased. NC State starts out as a 3* school overall. Going 8-4 in my first year raised them up to a 4* school. If that doesn't happen I imagine they quickly sink instead.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #190
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Final Top 25 Poll

1. Florida State (14-0)
2. Notre Dame (12-1)
3. TCU (12-1)
4. Auburn (12-2)
5. Ohio State (12-1)
6. Texas (12-2)
7. USC (11-2)
8. West Virginia (11-2)
9. Oklahoma (11-2)
10. Boise State (11-2)
11. Penn State (11-2)
12. Florida (10-3)
13. LSU (10-3)
14. Georgia (11-3)
15. Clemson (10-3)
16. Alabama (10-3)
17. Texas A&M (10-3)
18. Fresno State (12-1)
19. Kansas (11-3)
20. Wisconsin (10-3)
21. USF (11-2)
22. Kansas State (11-2)
23. UCF (12-2)
24. Cal (10-3)
25. Temple (12-2)

We get some votes and finish behind Ole Miss, BYU, and Tennessee, 29th.

Only two teams in the top 25, but the ACC has the national champion. I wonder what that does for Conference Prestige.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #191
Radii
Head Coach

Final 2012 ACC Standings

Atlantic

1. Florida State 14-0 (9-0)
2. Clemson 10-3 (6-2)
3. NC State 9-4 (4-4)
4. Wake Forest 7-6 (4-4)
5. Boston College 6-7 (3-5)
6. Maryland 4-8 (3-5)

Coastal

1. Miami 8-6 (5-4)
2. North Carolina 8-5 (4-4)
3. Virginia Tech 8-5 (4-4)
4. Virginia 8-5 (3-5)
5. Georgia Tech 5-7 (3-5)
6. Duke 2-10 (1-7)
Old 09-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #192
Radii
Head Coach

2012 NC State Wolfpack Season Stats

Passing

Glennon: 222-321, 2734 yards, 16 TD, 19 INT
Meyers: 27-36, 324 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

Rushing

Carter: 220 carries, 1386 yards, 24 TD **
Bullock: 145 carries, 493 yards, 6 TD
Davis: 11 carries, 20 yards

** New School Record

Receiving

WR Ryan Brown: 68 rec, 913 yards, 5 TD
TE Mario Carter: 47 rec, 533 yards, 2 TD
WR Matt Green: 35 rec, 490 yards, 1 TD
RB AJ Carter: 28 rec, 359 yards, 3 TD
WR Tony Wilson: 21 rec, 260 yards, 1 TD
TE RJ McPhee: 16 rec, 220 yards, 4 TD

Defense

LB Wayne Maddox: 89 tackles, 12 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INT
SS Roy Mangram: 77 tackles, 3 TFL, 6 INT
CB Nate Jones: 75 tackles
MLB Brandon Davis: 70 Tackles, 12 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT
DT Derek Hicks: 52 tackles, 20 TFL, 7 sacks
CB Akeem Cunningham, 50 tackles, 7 INT

Career Records

CB Akeem Cunningham graduates with 20 INTs, 4 more than the previous record set in 1973.

Last edited by Radii : 09-02-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #193
Radii
Head Coach

Offseason Time!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #194
Radii
Head Coach

Players Leaving

Underclassmen Threatening To Leave(Starters In Bold)

CB Nate Jones, JR(RS), 80 OVR) - Pro Draft
WR Landon Fields, SO(RS), 81 OVR - Transfer -> Ball State

Offense(Starters in Bold)

QB Mike Glennon, 93 OVR
QB Taylor Meyers, 89 OVR
TE Mario Carter, 84 OVR
LG Yomi Ojo, 94 OVR
RT James Walters, 92 OVR

Defense(Starters in Bold)

DT Marty Everett, 96 OVR
ROLB Wayne Maddox, 94 OVR
CB Akeem Cunningham, 88 OVR
CB #25, 75 OVR
SS Roy Mangram, 91 OVR
SS Jamal Houston, 82 OVR

Early Departure Resolution

CB Nate Jones is someone I really want back next year, and he quick to come back to the team. STAYING

WR Landon Fields I don't care about as much but I do want to hang on to everyone that I can, so Io spend some time and he comes back. STAYING

We didn't have a ton of seniors, and only lost 4 on offense, and 4 on defense. We lost our starting QB and 2 guys on the line though, which is a concern.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #195
Radii
Head Coach

Transfers

nope.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #196
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Offseason Recruiting

Offseason Week 1

We've only got 3 guys left on the board, and only one looks likely to sign. MLB Marcello Slaughter is coming in for a visit this week.

Offseason Week 2

4* MLB Marcello Slaughter signs with NC State! The other guys are just broken or something, or they *really* hate us. We have the only offer out there, but they don't even have us in their top 10s.

Offseason Week 3

4* OLB Clint Bush randomly moves us up to #1 on his list. The fact that there's a 4* guy that no one is recruiting bothers me.

Offseason Week 4

Yeah, we're going to land both these last two guys since no one else is recruiting them I think.

Offseason Week 5

la la la, nothing to see here.

Final Recruiting Week

4* OLB Clint Bush has signed with us, I don't imagine he's happy about it, but no one else offered him.

3* CB Maurice Galloway has chosen to walk on at South Carolina instead of signing with us. LOL?

Recruiting

Conference Championship Recruiting Board

Scholarship Offered
Soft-Committed Elsewhere
Committed Elsewhere
Committed to NC State

Quarterbacks:

-

Running Backs:

-

Fullbacks

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

Tackles:

Guards:

Centers:

-

Defensive Ends:

Defensive Tackles:

Outside Linebackers:

Middle Linebackers:

Cornerbacks:

Free Safeties:

-

Strong Safeties:

Kicker

-

Punters

-

Athlete

Old 09-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #197
Radii
Head Coach

2012 Recruiting Class Rankings

Our class:

5* - 1
4* - 6
3* - 5

This is good for 30th overall. Our worst class in a few years, but looking at the players individually, we got 4* and up guys at the positions we need most so I am happy.

Texas has the #1 class in the nation this year.

ACC Recruiting Rankings

8. Florida State
17. North Carolina
20. Virginia Tech
22. Miami
30. NC State
31. Clemson
38. Virginia
45. Georgia Tech
46. Wake Forest
51. Maryland
53. Boston College
117. Duke
Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 AM   #198
Radii
Head Coach

Recruiting Needs Review

Quote:

Major Needs

Fullback: Still looking for a fullback.

Kicker: Badly.

Tight End: This is becoming a more desparate need. Any decent TE we find would start for us immediately.

Offensive Line: It looks like a constant battle to keep the O-line strong. We recruited 4 4* O-linemen last year, but have two more starters graduating this year, and one of those 4*'s last year came in a bit weak. We could, again this year, use any 4* linemen that we can get.

OLB: We got one solid recruit in Ben Glover but we lost so much at LB that this is still a need for us.

Strong Safety: We brought in two guys in the last two years, hoping to find our next starter after Mangram graduates. both suck. Mangram leaves this year, this is our last chance before we throw a guy barely rated 70 on the field.

Minor Needs

Defensive Tackle: Not a major need yet, but we will only have 4 on the roster next year, and one of those will be a senior, so we could use depth, or would love to find guys that would be capable of starting in 2-3 years.

FB: We got a 4* FB that we desparately needed.

K: There weren't any.

TE: We got a 4* TE as well, getting the FB and TE is the most important thing this class, if I could not land any at all I would have considered moving to the spread. *shudder*

O-Line: We brought in a 4* Guard, and weer disappointed to lose out on a 4* Tackle. Not bad given we have no immediate danger here, but I'd like to keep a pretty steady stream of O-linemen coming in.

SS: Other than kicker, we missed here the most. We did land one, but a 3* guy ranked 15th in this class, when we whiffed on the #5 guy in the class. Hopefully he comes in rated higher than I expect.

DT: We do a great job here getting 2 top 20 DT's.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:21 AM   #199
Radii
Head Coach

Position Changes

Incoming Tackle Jay Dukes goes from LT to RT.

Incoming DE Kyle Arnold goes from LE to RE

ATH John Scott rates 84 at FS, 81 at CB, and 79 at SS. I really want to slot him at corner and redshirt him and turn him into a total shutdown corner. But, with Mangram graduating, SS is a giant need position. He is going to be a 4 year starter for us at Strong Safety.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:25 AM   #200
Radii
Head Coach

Incoming Freshmen

4* OLB Bush - 80
4* T Dukes - 79
5* ATH Scott - 79
4* TE Moore - 76
3* DT Henderson - 76
4* MLB Slaughter - 76
4* DT Jenkins - 75